7.6

1. MTR
    Mar 12, 2011
    Una historia graciosa y unos buenos gráficos son los que hacen que empieces a jugar, pero toda la ilusión se acaba en el mismo tutorial, donde el te encuentras con un interface horrible y un control peor.
    Lanzar hielo y cruzar un río NO puede ser una combinación de varias teclas a repetir 5+ veces de forma rápida.

Sólo graba al terminar un capítulo, el 1ero tardaremos mas de 30min.
    Sin posibilidad de definir macros o un sistema de accesos directos a skills (magias en este caso).
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    The only game with magic that I liked SO much.
    Phenomenal mechanics and more than a thousand combinations of spells.
  3. Jun 9, 2011
    Absolute hunk of crap. They released this game when it was ridden with bugs, no PVP of any sort, getting into a match is absolutely impossible, they are constantly putting new DLC on the market, yet I've failed to see them fixing bugs that NEED to be fixed.

Good concept, bad execution. Perfect example of what not to do with a game.
  4. Feb 7, 2011
    I can't give it a 10, because the bugs are certainly not negligible. However, developers seem to be conscientious about fixing their mistakes, so if bugs are an issue, just wait a few weeks. Once you get over that hump, I think we have a sleeping classic. Single player is wonderful, and is perhaps the only combat game where I feel not just clever, but creative. Exploration of spells is a joy, and every new discovery feels like a game changer, yet it still manages remarkable balance. Multiplayer is a wonderfully chaotic affair chalk full of mistaken explosions, accidental earth-shattering combos, and general mischief and mayhem surround a deceptively deep game. In all the insanity, dying a gruesome death can actually be MORE entertaining then the killing. Getting used to the controls takes a little effort, but once you are, you get a real sense of concocting spells, as opposed to merely pressing a button. Tie this together with a thin story with just enough to keep the action moving, and some light humor elements, and you have one of the best 10 bucks you have ever spent. The only other complaint I could possibly have is that it needs to be longer, but I have yet to jump into the challenge mode. Long and the short of it? Buy this game now so you can say you did before it became a classic, must-have title. Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2011
    Not bad. The game itself is built on excellent premises and manages to create something that that refreshes an old formula. It is also priced very handsomely. In saying that, it still feels far from complete. Multiplayer is laggy and buggy to the point where it becomes almost non-playable which seriously dents its potential. I'm going to wait until a few more patches come out before I give this game the serious run it deserves. Collapse
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    A nice try, but doesn't quite do it. I'd complain more if it were $60, but for $10 it isn't terrible. However, that's not to say that it is good either. The controls are terrible, and the number of bugs makes me want to vomit. This game could have been great, and I hope people who make games can learn from this one, but alas, with all my hope and openness, it just didn't work out.
  7. Aug 14, 2011
    This game seems like it could be a lot of fun, but it's destroyed by terrible technical execution. If you're buying this it's basically a gamble if it will run properly on your system. You might try the demo, but often demos are not technically exactly like the game, so I don't know if the demo running ok would guarantee the game running alright. Personally I just upgraded my system, have an i5 2500K with 8 GB ram freshly installed windows 7 with all newest drivers and with a 5770 videocard. Framerates at native 1920x1200 started out at 40, then tried to lower the res to 1680x1050, framerate went down to 30?! (all in the same starting classroom where nothing happens)... restarted the game, still at 30, go back to 1920x1200, now the framerate hops up and down between 40 and 12 (the game forces vsync on which is why the framerates are so exact). Before I upgraded my system I tried this game and had similar problems but I did get it to be somewhat stable at 30-40 fps, which should be playable although I would still resent the game for giving me suboptimal framerates on a fast system while it's really not doing anything taxing graphics wise, not even close, but despite framerates staying ok the game would stutter randomly. Now, maybe for some people they can look past this, or maybe other people just don't have these problems, but for me it just kills any enjoyment which is a shame because the start of the game at least promises a challenging and very funny experience (although that speech from Vlad gets REALLY boring after hearing it 20 times, that's right, you can't save within a level and if you try to change graphics settings while in game it just goes to hell so you have to restart every time and listen to the intro EVERY TIME you want to check if your changes fixed anything... ARGH!!). I'm just going to let this game lay in my steam list for half a year or so and then come back and see if they fixed it yet. Since the game has been out for like half a year already though, I'm not holding my breath. Oh, and no, switching to windowed does nothing for me, it stays crap despite having pretty damn awesome hardware. Expand
  8. Feb 20, 2012
    I just picked this game up on steam for a whopping 80p with daily discount and a christmas voucher and i have to say its worth the full asking price, the game is funny, witty and the references to other games/movies are great. well its fun until near the end and then it gets incredibly hard, things kill you in 1 hit and the checkpoints can be far apart meaning 1 mistake or silly death and its back 5 minutes. However all in all its a great game and well worth a play. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2011
    This is one of those games that are bugged to hell but still highly enjoyable. The developers seem to be working around the clock patching and fixing this so I won't give it too hard of a time over that. great game, def worth $10.
  10. Feb 20, 2011
    The game has a new concept and it also have good gameplay, the only problem is that the system requirements are too steep, even for a top-down kind of graphics game. So, before you buy it, be sure to play the demo first and see if it plays alright. The humour is alright, nothing too lame or anything and it sometimes does make you drop a chuckle or two, but it's far from having great humour. So, I'd like to say that this game is worth the $10 price tag. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2011
    Magicka is an internet meme and pop culture simulator which conveniently features the most creative and captivating casting system ever known to man, much less gaming history. The otherwise simple game-play is enhanced tenfold by the aforementioned ingenuity, leading to some sort of paradoxical linear sandbox, littered with endless experimentation and Python-esque humour (plus plenty of references, too!)

Magicka suffers but one fatal flaw, that being the game is utterly broken. A myriad of glitches, bugs, and technical issues plague this particular piece of software like a swarm of hungry locust descending upon some unsuspecting peasant village during harvest season. Never-the-less, with developers working rigorously to patch their faulty product, and a paltry $10 price tag, it's difficult not to recommend.
  12. Feb 6, 2011
    Magicka is Castle Crashers' slightly slower-paced but all too endearing cousin. It's a somewhat simple premise to hand a player elemental magicks and say "go nuts," but I found myself addicted to just finding new permutations of spells I kept using and mixing. Mostly forgetting those permutations in my experimentations, but rediscovery is just as fun as the initial go.
    Multiplayer
    produces hilarious spectacle when you're trying to rez a buddy, but end up blowing up your 3rd friend instead. Permanent friendly-fire was perhaps the best design choice by far. Just don't take yourself too seriously. And be prepared for a lot of nerd media references. Shameless references. Face-reddening puns. You'll see them coming, you'll laugh, you'll feel bad for laughing-- all in the best possible way.
    In for a laugh? Talked a buddy into it? There are FAR worse things you could drop $10 on. GG Paradox.
  13. Jun 28, 2011
    After the first hour of the game, you'll be thinking that this game resembles Diablo, but not quite. The graphics are definitely not the best, or the better ones, for this era, but the game play is unique and innovative. You'll need to use your left hand (only the left) to come up with spell combination, and your right to cast, move around or to poke the monsters with whatever weapon you are holding on to. It feels like the time when you've first learnt how to type, trying to go as fast and as furious as you can with your fingers. Simply put, you'll think that it's cool. However, after 5 hours of gameplay, you'll think otherwise. Ever heard of the nintendo thumbs? This is much worse than that. 5 hours of left-hand-spell-spamming, your hand will ache so muc h that you won't be able to play your piano or guitar for one whole week. Worse still, it's the same thing from the start to the end. All you really need is a few spells and you can clear all 12 chapters within 3 to 4 hours solo. It's repetitive, and worse still, its buggy. For 10 bucks, it seems fine, but definitely not a contender for something that's worth more than a day of your time. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2011
    The best $10 and 10 hours I've spent this year. Awesome gameplay that focuses on combining magic elements in various ways. Humorous plot and characters. CO-OP(omg). This game rules in so many ways.
  15. Dec 1, 2011
    Complete gibberish. I like the qewrasdf keyboard smashing, but I just can't connect with this game. Too many DLCs make it seem like a game that was pieced together.
  16. May 14, 2012
    If you're like me and you bought magicka on launch, I don't blame you for hating magicka. The launch was probably one of the worst for recent games, with it being unplayable for about a week or two. If you bought the game after this or had patience in it like me then you will find the game a very rewarding and unique experience. The skill cap is high while the game is easy to pick up. Magicka is a great game to paly with friends as well, weather you are pvping, doing the campaign or doing the survival modes. The amount of crappy DLC that was released for it at a high price was pretty damn disappointing unless you bought it all on sale (good chance you would have seen it was on sale a lot). Overall Magicka is a great game definately worth buying at this time, it was just a shame that some of its reputation was ruined due to the buggy launch and overpriced dlc with little free content. Expand
  17. Zri
    Apr 1, 2011
    Magicka is just plain fantastic. From the derpaderp speech of the characters, to the level and enemy design, to the just brilliant spell system. As soon as you get outside the tutorial, you run into a woman with a big gold exclamation mark over her head in good old RPG fashion, asking you to kill rats in her basement or something like that. You know you're on a winner when she gets attacked by goblins and the quest marker falls off onto the ground and you get down to some good old blowin' stuff up instead.

Best things about Magicka? No mana. Limited inventory (you can pick up a staff and carry a 'melee' item). No quests apart from killing the next thing in front of you. GREAT spell system, where you have 8 different elementals, each bound to a key, and you can combine them in any way you want to create spells, some of which just combine effects, some of which form unique Magicks.

Worst thing about Magicka is that the engine doesn't always perform as well as it could. That's all there is. It's a very hard game in places, but people, there's absolute simplicity in the rest of the game so you can focus on STRATEGY. Everything is quite straightforward once you figure out what the enemy's weaknesses are, and that's half the fun. (The other half of the fun is blowing up goblins in new and exciting ways.)

Summary: buy this game. Now.
  18. Mar 8, 2012
    Best "gauntlet" type game ever made. Magicka is fun,addictive,innovative and cheap. It cost mere 10 Euros or Dollars. Buy this game! Thats an order!
  19. Feb 7, 2011
    It is very unstable game but i love it! !. . . ........................................................................................................................................................................ .
  20. Feb 8, 2011
    Played the game and loved it. There were a couple of bugs present but they were quickly patched and the developers seem to care a lot. I would recommend this game to anyone, after all the price is just $10. If you're not sure whether this game is for you or not just download the demo available for free and try it out.
  21. Feb 6, 2011
    So i bought this game without any high expectations at all. But it has turned out to be one of the most fun games i have ever spent money on. It is WELL worth the $9.99 and i would have paid more if i knew it would be this good. Magicka combines the elements (no pun intended) of humor, action, and teamwork into a masterpiece. I have only had it for a week and i've already played about 30 hours of it. There are a few bugs yes, but the devs are doing a great job of keeping the game up to date and patching it. I absolutely love the music, the scenery, the gameplay, the humor, (which has a lot of... "reference" jokes) and action. This is one of my new favorite games, and i expect others will enjoy it as much as i am. Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2011
    I will be rating this a little lower than I think it should be just because it is far too highly rated right now. Magicka is actually quite good, if you can play it that is. Fun and interesting magic system with a very funny and entertaining adventure mode. All ruined by bugs, crashes and silly incompatibility issues. Most of my friends can't even run the game because of all the issues. Some even bought it only to find out that it simply won't work at all on their system even though they more than meet the recommended specs. I really have not had too many issues myself. I do have a crash here and there or an occasional graphic hiccup. The worste thing to be honest is that it is best played multiplayer yet is nearly impossible to play co-operatively. Even in the co-op campaign there is no way to turn off friendly fire. This would not be a problem in many games but causes no end of headaches in Magicka. With so many spells being area of effect damage, making a straight line completely across the map or just being experimented with, you will be killed constantly. Again in many games that would be okay but not in Magicka. Imagine you finally got the game to work after 3 hrs of changing settings and dealing with crashes. You finally get it working and 3 minutes into the game you get killed 5 times because while you're experimenting with spells so are your friends. Every time someone casts a damage spell they kill atleast 2 of their teammates. On top of being attacked by enemies. Some of these spells are hugely overpowered and yes very fun to watch untill you realize you not only destroyed all the goblins on the screen but killed all of your teammates too. Such a joke of a game at this point especially since they refuse to fix any of these issues because they are too busy pumping out garbage DLC. Save your money or buy something good instead. Expand
  23. May 24, 2011
    It was everything I expected and more, the graphics were beautiful, the spell combinations and different weapons make for unique gameplay that is different every time I start my computer, the multiplayer was enjoyable, the game had the perfect amount of comedy and Easter Eggs, but not too much as to dumb down the game. Hands down best $10 I have ever spent.
  24. Feb 6, 2011
    The best 10 euros i spent EVER.
    Even though it has its share of bugs,
    the game is tons of fun especially co-op.
    and is very replayable :)
    Download the demo and see for yourself.
  25. Feb 8, 2011
    Great game lots of fun! haven't played anything quite like it, for such a small developer they sure do work hard to get those patches out within 24 hours... this game has been done very well... and they have left alot of room for expansion! the multilayer option is really what made this game come to life.. all the funny things to do, great fun... !!

ps thanks again, for releasing a
    playable demo - I played almost 10 minutes of the demo and decided to buy the game. cheers Expand
  26. Feb 6, 2011
    Most people have thus far criticized the game (and rightly so) for the enormous number of bugs it had upon release. Having bought and played the game over a week after release, I myself only experienced a handfull of frustrations.

While these were annoying, they were completely overshadowed by the sheer volume of fun and hilarity the game offers. Playing co-op with a friend, I don't
    think I've laughed that hard in ages. The innovative game-play, funny dialog and outrageous in-game antics made for a heck of a fun evening.

As the bugs get patched and forgotten, I highly recommend the game to everyone who can find a friend to play with; I can't fathom some of those battles being handled alone!
  27. Feb 6, 2011
    Bought it for $10 USD on Steam - played about an hour so far and have never laughed so hard at a hack and slash RPG in my life. Well worth the money - any bugs that might have been present during the launch have not plagued me at all.
  28. Feb 8, 2011
    Magicka is really a very entertaining game, iam having lots of fun and i would certainly recommended it to everyone. If you love casting spells and doing spell mixes then this game is certainly for you, it is also quite challenging and the developers are releasing patches with fixes and new features every few days. The game was buggy upon release but it has now been improved a lot with all the crash issues resolved for me. For only $10 this is a great deal! Expand
  29. Feb 8, 2011
    Old school gamers will find themselves very happy with this title. I would start with its fun, but it is way more than fun, it is challenging. It is in fact often frustrating as you start out but the pay off comes every time you finish a level. Remember back when you got excited that you passed an area and saved your game. Well you will breath that same satisfied sigh of relief with Magicka. Then you will most likely start the next level even though you told yourself you wouldn't. Is it buggy, yes, does it have an engaging storyline? Not at all, in fact it is humorous to see what lengths they went to to make the story line a parody of all the most unimaginative journeys you have ever mashed your way through in the last 12 years. This is also the very first time I am waiting until I go into the pvp on this game. I need to work on my moves ;) Expand
  30. Feb 9, 2011
    Nice game. Developers have released nine patches up to date science game release (less than a two weeks ago). I must say that the game is pretty stable now.
  31. Feb 10, 2011
    Great idea, the magic mechanic is awesome, but overall an incredibly flawed game. You'll find yourself getting physically pinned with no hope of exit numerous times. Having a health bar that is indistinguishable from the health bar of an enemy is inexcusable. The lack of an inventory means you just pick up new things all the time, and removes any interest you would have in customizing the character.

Dying takes 10 seconds every time, as you wait for the slow faded word "defeated" to fade up on the screen, which is unskippable. The best part? Being frozen makes this process take LONGER. You have to wait longer to respawn if you died while frozen, as the whole game slows down.

Overall, mixing spells is an incredibly cool idea, but wait until Diablo III comes out, where you'll get that on top of an actually playable game.
  32. Feb 11, 2011
    Great game at the start. I bought it with friends in time to get the special wizard outfit and firestorm spell. Extremely buggy at launch: connection problems and game problems. The good thing is that they're dishing out patches left and right like hot tamales. Slowly but surely, Magicka is becoming what I and most everyone expected at launch. All that we can expect now is more patches and updates, including PvP. Expand
  33. Feb 13, 2011
    Awesome game on 4 player coop, though I imagine it would be relatively boring and extremely difficult if you're going solo. It's still riddled with bugs and they really need to implement the possibility to join the game anywhere, not just at the start of a new level. Has great re-play value. It's supposed to be humorous (especially if you're a Swede - there's a lot of voice acting in some make-believe-Swedish-type-language, which is really funny) - but - I didn't even notice most of the story, but this is not a negative. Super-fun in coop! Expand
  34. Feb 14, 2011
    This game lost it's 10 on the numerous bugs/crashes. But since the developers are really trying to fix this and the game becomes better with every update I will put this aside for now.

The game sports a good multiplayer function which ensues in hilarious chaos when played with enough friends, it is simply impossible to stay alive. This may seem like a nuisance but it causes a lot of
    laughter when one of your friends accidentally blows you away and is forced to once again revive you.

The controls start out to be quite clumsy, but every mildly experienced gamer will pick them up within 1 hour of play at most.

Lastly, the many references to all our favorite geek movies, games, series gave me an extra impulse to keep playing.

All in all a very enjoyable game that is definitely worth the 10$ they are asking for it.
  35. Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not going to explain why I gave this game a 10. Go watch the trailer. Then go download the demo on steam. If you're super excited to buy the game at this point, you're not alone.

Best $10 ever.
  36. Feb 16, 2011
    After a dozen patches, this game feels like a full-fledged product. The innovative magic-mechanic may not give you "thousands of combinations" bit it gives quite a few to play around with. The gameplay wouldn't be as rewarding if it weren't for the humor attached to a lot of scenes/spells. Also, 13 levels (story chapters) might seem like a low number, but they are quite satisfying. Keep in mind that its a 10$ (or less) game. You wont regret buying it. It has more content than you pay for. Expand
  37. Feb 17, 2011
    With its bad control to its bad graphics, this game should have been canceled, it also tries to be funny, only a simple mind would find this dry game funny, its casting system that people brag about will make you want to break your keyboard, in the end this game is bad, if you got a old computer from the 90s, then grab this junk, but at the $10 asking price i would pass, there are great Indie game out there, and this is not it Expand
  38. Feb 17, 2011
    This game has a great concept, and it's generally pretty well executed. However, the sheer number of bugs, glitches, and hair-pullingly annoying problems drive it to the point of near-total unplayability. IF the developers fix the many, many issues with the game, it will receive my hearty recommendation. For now, do not buy under any circumstances.
  39. Mar 1, 2011
    Easily the best $10 I've ever spent on a game. Despite the early bugs, it was worth every penny. And the announcement of the expansion has me excited!
  40. Mar 5, 2011
    This game, although some what glitchy at times, is all in all fun. The game has a fun and fulfilling storyline filled with pop-culture references, videogame easter eggs and all around silliness. It's not so much the gameplay or characters that makes me like this game (although they DO have some pretty sweet robes) it's the fact that they take themselves with a grain of salt and can make fun of that fact too. Some patches have been released to fix all the previous bugs, I can play with my friends online easily and it is one of the few games that has made me laugh out loud more than once. Definitely a must buy, and definitely in my top ten games of all time. Expand
  41. Mar 10, 2011
    I love the idea and concept, but for me the spell choices were overwhelming and felt a tendency to use the same spells over and over. Other then that the game was wonderful. I was fortunate to play it after 20 or so patches were applied so cannot comment on the immense bugs that were present at first.
  42. Dec 14, 2011
    I really don't understand the critic score this game has. It has clever humor and really solid gameplay. It's a very enjoyable game with friends. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.
  43. Jan 27, 2013
    This is an amazing party game to play with 2-3 friends and a mediocre single player experience. If you realize that you're buying a multiplayer game to share with your friends either online or at a LAN party you won't regret this for a second, but if you were misled into believing that this is some kind of single player RPG with in depth statistics and character customization you will be disappointed.

Taking it for what it is, a hilariously entertaining party game with a unique spell casting system and slapstick deaths as your more aggressive party members frequently kill their own friends, it deserves a 9/10.
  44. Mar 10, 2011
    Very Good indy games. At the beginning lot's of bug but now games is without bug.
    very interesting, low price, fun and awesome in coop. That's an excellent games.
  45. Mar 14, 2011
    If you have friends, Magicka will be the best 10$ you ever spent. You may think a game where the main objective is "accidentally blow yourself, your friends, and 20 bad guys 3 stories into the air" would be boring, but you'd be wrong. The game originally shipped with tons and tons of bugs and glitches, but those were fixed less than a day after it was available, so I guess no harm done there. The one complaint I can think of for this game is that magic combinations are in no way balanced. A QFQFAAS spell will do infinitely more damage than a rock spell. A rock spell also takes ~5 seconds to charge to full strength, while a beam spell will instantly deal greater damage than a rock spell. To make matters worse, a beam spell continually increases damage output the longer you leave a beam on an enemy. At the end of the day, two fully charged rock spells deal like 1/100 of the damage of a ten second long beam of energy. And that isn't even factoring in the potential for beams to be merged; that's just a single persons beam. Even with this grievous lack of game balance, this game will definitely give you many hours of playtime for a low cost. Expand
  46. Mar 10, 2011
    Incredible. If only AAA studios put as much work into considering game design. It's the most fresh thing I've played since minecraft.

It takes a while to get used to the control system. And the multi-player experience is... different because of the minor issue that death really causes during the multi-player. But everyone should play it anyways. There is no one that has taken my
    advice on buying it who has regretted it in my personal life. Expand
  47. Jun 9, 2012
    The game is fun, once you get the control scheme down but it is amazing that this game is still a buggy piece of sh*t! Very disappointing, although it was cheap on Steam, the random crashes and lock-ups caused me more irritation than my $7 was worth. Avoid.
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    THIS REVIEWS TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION POST-RELEASE CHANGES TO THE GAME. I think an important thing to keep in mind is that many of the reviews here, both critic and user, were written when the game was released with glaring launch bugs and issues. And while that's hardly something they can be blamed for judging the game by, these issues have long since been ironed out at this point in time. What does this leave us with? It leaves us with an indie game whose main gameplay feature of combining various spell elements is highly innovative and whose multiplayer is absolutely hilarious. However, let it be noted that it is very much a multiplayer-centric title; while singleplayer is available, you quickly learn that death comes easily in this game, and you soon find yourself spamming the same 2-3 spell combinations throughout the vast majority of the game in order to simply survive. In a recent patch they have attempted to alleviate this problem somewhat with the introduction of the Fairy, which will revive you once, should you fall, and is recharged at every checkpoint, however the core of the issue still remains; the game is balanced for multiplayer. The campaign itself is somewhat short and linear, but compensates for it with plenty of humour and numerous easter eggs to be discovered. If you have 1-3 friends with an interest in a game like this, it's a blast and easily worth the full price. If you're going for the singleplayer experience, you might want to wait for a sale before purchasing it. Expand
  49. Jul 5, 2011
    THE GOOD: The spell system is awesome. Spells are awesome. Did I mention spells are awesome? Good sense of humor. Cheap. THE BAD: Controls are sometimes wonky. THE UGLY: Trolls.
  50. Mar 14, 2011
    A great game. Though you can't lie and say there are no bugs, you can however say that they work to fix it. Magicka is a game about teamwork and hilarious jokes. I bought this game with one of my friends and as of now have beat it twice. I recommend this game for any 2-4 people with microphones to chat with.
  51. Mar 16, 2011
    Magicka has a totally new concept for game play. Never seen anything like it, and it is fun. That said i give this game still rather low rating because it is hard, very hard. I have only played it single player and it appears as the game is made for co-op. A difficulty setting that would make single player easier, specially that bosses cant one shot the player and i would give this game a 9.
  52. Mar 21, 2011
    For an indie game, pretty good. It has a unique gameplay system, is pretty hilarious, and has some great multiplayer. $10 might be a little much, though. But playing it using Steam or Skype voice chat with your buddies, and constantly accidentally murdering them, is priceless.
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    The idea behind the game is quite good and the basic magic mechanic can be entertaining (provided you find the best combinations). The game has some serious flaws though since the single player experience is simply too random and too difficult. You will find yourself waiting a long time after every single death while staring at the "defeated" message on your screen. I enjoy a good challenge (Demons Souls and what not) but Magicka is just frustrating. NOT WORTH A BUY if you are going for the single player - unless you are prepared to spend hours upon hours perfecting your skills. Expand
  54. Mar 15, 2011
    For an inexpensive indy game, this is a home-run. While it may have started out rough around the edges, Paradox, in their usual style, has burnt the midnight oil to whip this great little title into shape. Do yourself a favor and get yourself three friends together and let the mayhem begin.
  55. Apr 18, 2011
    Great deal on sale. I've already had many many hours of enjoyment for the low price of $5. The magic system is groundbreaking and brilliant, completely changing how magic casting will be done in future games no doubt. Having to use some of your own personal skill in creating the combos means it's less button spam and more personal skill and coordination. The spells are creative, entertaining, and quite powerful. You really do feel like a magic-slinging bad-a$$. There are some flaws, unfortunately: No save! You have to use the awful checkpoint system! An archaic throwback reminiscent of console ports. Also the way the enemies can stunlock you at time, making it impossible to cast any spells as you keep getting knocked down over and over. But one of the best things: No silly "mana" to keep track of! If I want to blast a spell, I can blast the darn spell! And keep blasting it as much as I like. This is the way it should be, no mana management or being able to not cast a spell cause you're out of mana. MAna is a horrible idea that wormed its way into games 10+ years ago and never went away. Its time has come, and Magicka has shown us the joy of being an uber-powerful wizard without mana deficiencies. Expand
  56. Mar 16, 2011
    This game is awesome, I love it! best indie game of the year, by a mile. I see alot of people complain about technical problems with the game, but i haven't had any issues, game play has been flawless on my end. This is Arrowhead Studios first game and they did a wonderful job, can't wait to see what they bring us next! Magicka is only 10$ and is a phenomenal value for the amount of game play that's packed into it. Almost forgot to mention that the game is very fun and enjoyable. Expand
  57. Mar 16, 2011
    I believe this game would be great if IT WOULD LAUNCH... I have problems launching the game and i cannot get past it. when i click the magicka icon and try to launch a black screen pops up for 2 seconds and then closes... there are a lot of bugs with the game maybe a bit too many would not recommend to players that get angry easily because if u cant get past this bug you will probably break your computer/laptop in half and chuck it out your window. Expand
  58. Mar 16, 2011
    I would say this is a 2 but i think i may just hate it beacuse it is so hard this game is amost impossible to understand and impossible to do ant thing with any thing but a freind palyed it and he was doinng better ant it was more fun when we did a CO-OP
  59. Aug 10, 2011
    What some call the 'Wizard Suicide Simulator' Magicka is a gem of a game from Paradox Interactive. Hilariously good fun and best played with friends while under the influence. The magic combos will have you in fits as you play through the campaign. Unlimited play if provide through the matchmaking and multiplayer system, there's even a PvP system. Unfortunately what should have been a perfect 10 star outing has been marred by a lacklustre multi-player and matchmaking system that has been mostly fixed since the time of this review. I highly recommend anybody to check out the Steam Sales this Christmas if you've gotten this game yet. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2011
    It is a great game with a very humorous singleplayer aspect and especially multiplayer with friends, when you can get it to work, is fun as hell, as you have to not only look after killing yourself but also your teammates; and when you finally get your teamwork flowing you feel almighty. I have not tried anything like this gameplay and it feels very innovative to combine the elements to make different spells. For the cheap price, it is definitely worth it - but have some friends buy it too! Expand
  61. Mar 17, 2011
    Very refreshing game, not very polished but has an awesome and innovative magic system that puts endless combination of elemental spells at your disposal. The dialogue and story is very humorous and contains a great deal of internet meme and pop culture references. The co-op mode is extremely buggy, but this did not extract from my experience. The final strong point of this game is the price, at a mere $10 you cannot go wrong. Expand
  62. Mar 18, 2011
    It's a very good game so far.. though I hope I can play multiplayer when buying the 10 euro version. though perhaps the 4 player version is just for 4 players and u can play 3 player before that..

Speaking of the humor and for a swede (or possibly a norweigan) it's funny as they use a fake swedish language mixed with english like the swedish chef sounds but with reals swedes actually
    making it so you can make out that the mumbo jumbo actually means something else in Swedish.. it's great I love it.. Expand
  63. Mar 19, 2011
    Magica achieves something rather different in the gaming world. It's the only game I have ever come across that can be described as a 'glorious failure'. It's awesomely fun and amazingly broken. It seems so silly to be critical of a game that gives you so much for ten measly dollars. I had more fun with this game in a few minutes than I did with something like Dragon Age in 20 hours and at four times the price. The great news about this game is that it's innovate, creative, and there is nothing else out there like it on the PC. The sad news about this game is that it doesn't actually have an identity. It's best described as what happened when someone mixed an RPG fantasy setting with platform mechanics. Yes, the game remains horribly broken from a technical point of view. But the real problem with the game is that it doesn't mix the single player mode and the multi-player mode well, at all. It simply lacks any type of game play balance. It's either super duper easy or preposterously hard. Balance is always a challenge in any type of RPG MMO. And I cannot help but think that one of the reasons this game is so broken is because the developers bit off more than they could chew. If they had just focused on making a single player game this game might have been hailed as revolutionary. The same way if they had made what was essentially a multi-player game only. But as it stands it's just a mess. The thing is though that it remains a hilarious, fun, and enticing mess. I struggle on how to rate this game because a 3 (execution), a 6 (design), and a 10 (value) all seem reasonable depending on how one looks at it. Expand
  64. May 1, 2011
    Awesome value for the price!! I've only played single player so far, but the experience has been one of the most humorous and most challenging games I've played lately. Pop culture references and jokes abound. The magick system is extremely innovative, with thousands of different spell combos at your disposal. I'm guessing 4 player co-op makes this game even more entertaining as you stab your buddies in the back and (hopefully) kill some monsters. Only thing holding it back is the difficulty of single player. This is NOT for the faint of heart! Expand
  65. Mar 25, 2011
    Magicka is a game where you can play by yourself or with up to 4 players. You can use the traditional keyboard or gamepads. You can play 2 on the same computer and with your friends over the internet.
    What I like the most about this game is that you need to use your head and this game is hard. You will get used to die, a lot. But everyone also have a revive spell that you can use at all
    times. The spell casting system is new and innovative since you don't have any mana like almost all other games where you wield spells. You also got 8 elements and you can combine up to 5 elements at once. Almost every spell have it's own effect and will change the dynamic of the spells you cast. The only problem with this game was at the start of launch where you had a lot of crashes and bugs. But most of the problems are fixed since the game has had several updates since release. I have had a great time playing this game and it is well worth 10 euros. Playing this game solo is a little bit more difficult but you can do it if you use your head. I still don't understand how some people review this game as a bad game because it is hard. Personally I love that Magicka is a very unforgiving game where the game doesn't hold your freaking hand all the time like in Call of Duty and other games. Magicka doesn't follow the so called defaults that you have in other games, for example you can use all elements at the start but you can find spell books scattered around the world of Magicka, you can also pick up cool weapons and staffs that are either hidden or from fallen enemies. You can remap all the keys in the game but you have to be in the main menu which is a little bad I know. But still Magicka is well worth the money and the spell system is a great and the only thing that stops you is the imagination. I give this game a 10 because the people who made this game took a bit of a risk and did something that is new and innovative with a lot of fun video game humour and references inside that made you laugh like a little girl and it brought back some sweet memories. Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2011
    I read a lot of the reviews on this game and most of them like to point out how glitches and bugs kill this game.. I agree there are some bugs but dont let it stop you from giving this game a chance. This game is very enjoyable because it adds new elements that we havent seen in another game.. i just wish multiplayer wasnt just coop and would have liked to seen more with it
  67. Mar 29, 2011
    OMG Magicka is teh best gayme evar. Thiz gayme is asome, u and 3 frendz can play at ons and that macs it so mutch moar fun!! U can blo eatch oter up wit fiarbawlz & stuphph. Eye reelie liek the fakt that eye can mac mi frendz h8 me avary fiv sekundz bi macin lan-minds uf fiar thean pooshin dem on too dem. Magicka iz teh bestist game uf all tiem & if u dun bi it u r mizzin ut on a gret game :D
  68. Apr 7, 2011
    This game is simply great for 10 bucks! Pros: You can get a few remotes (I use 360s) and sit down like a console game with friends Great spells and gameplay I havnt enjoyed a game like (sorta like a hack and slash, but with spells :P) this since maybe Diablo in the 90s Funny story CONS: I admit there were a few bugs here and there, like freezing and drops online, ie get to a boss level and the other guys drop when you all die to redo the part from save point
    Patches are fixing some of the earlier problems

Overall for 10 bucks Im giving this a 10, I gave the same to Amnesia:The Dark Descent (but dont play that alone)
  69. Apr 11, 2011
    Although I have not finished the game yet, I feel that I have seen enough to come up with a well-considered review. Magicka 2 is brilliant in its simplicity and humour. The endless combination of spells can create so many fun situations, both beneficial as well as harmful. However, there are bugs in the game. Sometimes, the game crashes in multiplayer sessions, which means that the level will need to be played from scratch. This can be very annoying. There are also some other inconveniences that you will likely run into. Here's hoping that a decent patch will be released soon. Expand
  70. Apr 19, 2011
    Once you get into the feel, or spirit, of the game, things start to make a lot of sense, and the fun begins. There are plenty of places to die within a second or two if you're not on the ball, and it forces you to keep trying to innovate a solution. With all the spell combinations, there always is one.

But as the single-player goes on, there are some pretty annoying things: 1) long
    stretches where you don't get a save-game and have to replay a 10-minute sequence if you die; 2) ways to die that are not quite bugs, but just pure silliness; 3) you have to complete a level, or start from scratch. During one of the later chapters, it's just too easy to get thrown off the ledges and die, and you have to keep going and going, or start from the beginning - it becomes quite tiresome.

Still, overall, a good bit of fun, and the multiplayer is as good as the single.
  71. Mar 15, 2013
    A great game that has improved greatly over time, whether it be bug fixes, the Zelda fairy, the humour, references, gibberish, the lot! A great game that I love spending time in, this game was made from an original and innovative concept, and with some very worthwhile DLC adventures, like "The Stars Are Left", be sure to it up sometime, preferably the complete collection on a common enough Steam sale Expand
  72. Apr 20, 2011
    A very clever concept completely destroyed by releasing in what resembled a beta form of the game. Developers shouldn't be allowed to get away with garbage like this. The game was completely unplayable for a week after the release for myself and four of my friends who got it with me. The game crashed regularly and to this day still appears to run choppy despite a steady 60fps running on my 3.7Ghz Phenom II x4 and 6970 (this issue is known by the developers and still isn't fixed months after its release). I truly regret getting this game. Developers, please play test your games. Don't use your consumers as beta testers, you'll end up losing income in the long run. I won't get another game from Paradox. Expand
  73. Apr 21, 2011
    super adictivo , inovador, es muy divertido en red con los amigos, tiene algun bug y por eso le doy un 9 , poco a poco los han ido arreglando . lo recomiendo totalmente
  74. May 10, 2011
    I think this game is very under rated. I don't know anyone who does not play this game, also it costs £8 when a CoD map pack costs £11 so it is great for price.
  75. Apr 24, 2011
    It's really fun to play with friends. Solo however it's pretty boring. It's one of those games that without multiplayer would be really boring and almost a pest to play.
  76. May 5, 2011
    I quit playing this game after level 5 because it was repetitive, not funny at all and far to easy. If you are older than 12, don't play this game. There is no AI in this game. Playing this game feels like squishing ants.
  77. Jan 17, 2013
    A brilliant game almost entirely ruined by a botched launch. I can not stress this enough: if you have not tried the game, TRY IT! There are hours upon hours of story and multiplayer to be explored. The combat is truly unique for a game of the fantasy genre. The humor is plentiful and often on point. This is a game made by people who love to play games and it is obvious.
  78. May 13, 2011
    This is one funny and fun game! The humour is great, with lots of nerdy pop culture references. The jibberish the characters speak is especially funny if you speak a Norse language, because then you can really notice how stupid it all sounds. As for the gameplay, it works really well. The combining of elements to create magic is an innovative system, which makes mana obsolete. The only limit you have is how fast you can press the keys, and also some spells need to be unlocked. I've only played this game singelplayer so far, and have yet to beat it. It would probably be easier with a friend... If he was a good player who doesn't friendly fire at you, that is. Because there are LOTS of opportunities and possibilities to get enemies, allies and yourself killed. Often in hilarious ways. Oh, and I got the game at 50% of on Steam, so that's pretty much a steal. AS FOR BUGS, the team has obviously been working really hard to fix them, because I've experienced none. Oh, and they added a spell called "Crash to desktop" together with the bug fixes... Genius. Expand
  79. Oct 4, 2011
    Should you buy it?
    Definitely, yes. If you're looking for a good game and yet don't want to pay a lot of money, go for Magicka. Even if you're still unsure about the bugs people mention all the time, wait a a month and get it later on - it will improve even further.

I haven't had that much fun with a game in months, and especially not THIS type of fun.
    Go, try the demo, buy the game,
    support great devoted developers and laugh yourself into oblivion!

Full Review: http://darkchaplain-anotherstory.blogspot.com/2011/02/magicka-review.html
  80. May 17, 2011
    Finally completing the game and unlocking the majority of achievements I can say Magicka is a top-notch multi-player adventure game with a genius hook. Firstly, I ran through the game with three other friends and it was a lot of fun, although a slow start because upon its release the menus were lagging and riddled with CTDs for us. Me and my friends loved figuring out spell combinations, boss strategies and also knocking each other off the map. I found with the four of us it was difficult to coordinate and would more often then not ruin the fun for each other.

I recommend playing the game co-op, just 2 people, it is easier to co-ordinate and execute strats. One of us would shoot a freezing energy beam and the other a water energy beam blowing enemies up into ice crystal then we would combine electrical attacks to destroy the frozen enemies. It worked wonders and we progressed smoothly through the game. Magicka had a lot of solid mechanics and special spells that it felt there was always new attacks to discover and mess with. For the price, length and multi-player mayhem this game is magical. Sorry, that is bad closer.
  81. Apr 7, 2012
    A pretty original and unique game, but it's not quite amazing. The game's most redeeming quality perhaps is its sense of humour and the way it parodies popular media, which eventually gives forth plenty of inside jokes. The gameplay is fairly straight forward, yet incredibly challenging. It's an adventure game at heart, but it's played from the bird's eye view. It can be played either solo or co-op with up to 4 players in total. Each player takes a role of a wizard, and together they travel through various locations and battle different monsters. The combat mechanic is very unique, because each player is given 8 elements, which they can mix and match in a huge variety of combinations, creating all sorts of spells. One of the most notable things about Magicka is that itâ Expand
  82. May 25, 2011
    Magicka is definatly a fun game. Normally, when I try out a new game, it takes some time for me to really enjoy it, but I was overcome with joy from the first moment of playing Magicka.

In this game, you combine spells from 8 different elements. Some elements empower others, for instance lightning becomes more powerful if you already cast steam or water on your opponent. You can do both
    aoe, single target and selftarget with the same spell, changing how it works. There are also premade spells that you can learn from books, like thunderstorm or teleport, and they works in the same way as all other spells; by combining the elements in a specific order.

The campaign is hillarious. You get to hear references from tons of movies and games in a very fun tone while bashing monsters with all the tricks you have picked up from killing your teammates by accident.

Another fun gamemode is the arena. This is different from the campaign, as the only objective here is to survive waves of incoming attacks from monsters. This is very hard to complete alone, as you will need teamwork for some of the waves. Everything in this game is more fun if you play it with up to three friends.

The downside of this game is lack of content. I played the game for about 4 hours, and then the campaign was complete, then another 1-2 hours for both arenas to be complete. And then there were nothing left to do, and I haven't played the game since.

In short, the game is brilliant and alot of fun, but it lacks content, and you don't get many hours of fun before you have to do the same content over again.
  83. Nov 27, 2011
    Alot of great concepts but also unused potential. I loved the tutorial, where we had to use right elements to solve the puzzles... but we never saw anything like that in the game itself. This game could be perfect, but ended up being too hack-and-slash'y, linear, and way too short. Its still a good game, but it could be so much better.
  84. May 27, 2011
    Magicka is only $10. It might lack polish, but there is plenty of content and unexpected enjoyment in this title to justify that price and more. Itâ
  85. May 30, 2011
    Remarkable example of a remarkable game. Unique and successful game play and controls that blow you away. Humorous story line with numerous easter eggs. Fun and extremely challenging ( but still possible) single player action packed game play, even better when played with up to 4 friends. A virtual "Hack n Slash" but with spells and "Magicks", the combination of 8 different "elements" which all can create different unique spells by certain combinations add to the fun. Expand
  86. Jun 1, 2011
    Would be a good game if it is playable. Even in windowed mode this game runs like I'm on Dial-up. (No, it is not my computer or connection that is doing it). The inability to map keys is another, inexplicable fail. But hey, it's only $10...
  87. Jun 4, 2011
    I quite enjoyed it. Good value for the money although there have been a few annoying bugs.
    Nice light hearted game that hopefully encourages more indie developers to put out interesting, creative games.
  88. Jun 5, 2011
    Great game for single player and multiplayer, brings a lot of fun with many magics and spells you can cast, this game is very fun and very re-playable
  89. Jun 7, 2011
    This game is so much fun killing your friends and healing your enemy as you laugh behind your screen and take their loot, the jokes and references are so funny if you don't live under a rock you should get even more laughs then the game offers. Awesome graphics style, and great story line. The game is broken some people/critics might say? One it was by an indie game which if im right they haven't made a game before! Two I laughed so much it wouldn't matter how many problems I had with the game. Its a must buy! Great job to the developers! KHAAAAAAAAN! Expand
  90. Jul 10, 2011
    Has the potential for being great fun, but wastes it. It's gutting, because the magic system is wonderful. Aside from that: there seems to be no difficulty scaling for 4 players compared to 1, so the game is impossible in solo for a mere mortal like me. In co-op, every time you start getting warmed up there's another unskippable cutscene breaking the action apart -- there's no sign of the long continuous Diablo-style creature crawl that the magic system really deserves. And the hard sections are "annoying hard": the game takes control away from you by killing you or getting you grappled, such that some of the co-op players will spend large amounts of time either helplessly hammering the space bar or going "rez plx" rather than actually playing. Frustrating. Expand
  91. Jun 25, 2011
    $10 well spent most of my life!
    Its a fantastic experience that no other game in existence until today, will provide.
    The combinations of magic in this game is really fantastic, this game is an excellent investment, I recommend to anyone and everyone! Enjoy this game!!!
  92. Dec 30, 2011
    Phenomenal mechanics and more than a thousand combinations of spells. The only game with magic that I liked SO much. But game fully reveals its potential only in co-op. In the company of three friends enemies' genocide becomes maximum chaotic. And don't look on bugs, they are not so critical, many of them may be avoided. Developers works hard and release updates every week.
  93. Jul 6, 2011
    Magicka has managed to produce the single best on-the-fly spell-casting/wizard dueling gameplay system ever featured in a video game. There is simply no other system like it, nor one that comes close to being as much fun to watch. This simple fact alone makes Magicka one of the most worthy games out there for the price -- and when you throw in great multiplayer, zany and sometimes hilarious references and story elements, good DLC/support, and a rich variety of gameplay modes, the overall package simply becomes that much sweeter. Expand
  94. Jul 3, 2011
    This game seems decent but it is hampered with perhaps the worst controls of any game I've played in my entire life. You have to hold down shift to do any kind of attack other than basic magic so it makes my hand hurt to play this game for a long period of time. You have to repeatedly tap the ASDFQWER keys with your left hand to cast your magic spells with up to 8 keypresses and possibly a shift key hold needed to be pressed to cast one spell. It requires at least three times as many button presses to play this game as any other game.

If you try to play with joystick it is much easier to do basic attacks, blocking, and so on but all except the most simple magic is ridiculous to cast with the stick. You sometimes have to move the right stick to 20 consecutive positions (no joke!) to cast a single spell. There is no way to customize the controls so that you can use both joystick and keyboard at the same time so that you could tap out on the keyboard to do the more complex spells.

Much of the difficulty of the game is a result of the ridiculous control structure. You will end up killing yourself and your party members plenty of times because of accidental attacks caused by trying to navigate the controls. That's not all though, there is also a tendency to have things that can just instantly kill you that can be quite frustrating if you are playing solo. You'll be fighting a guy and he launches you off a cliff killing you or you'll have to run up a narrow stairway in midair and if you make a joystick error you fall off and die. You will get trapped in a corner and be unable to move resulting in you dying. If you play multiplayer online this is not a problem since your teammate will just revive you, but solo you may have to repeat a long battle many times to survive and you'll need to reach the end of the level not just the next checkpoint to save your progress between sessions. If you have difficulty a level may take over an hour as you repeat a battle over and over.

Oh and one more thing... all the text is in English making this appear as an English game but the voice work in the game appears to be in a foreign language (German or Swedish maybe?) or something like that with English subtitles.

The game is buggy. When I hosted multiplayer a few times when I started the game the music started but the screen stayed totally black and I had to shut down the game. When I tried to modify the joystick controls the game crashed at least 7 times before I finally got it to work. Ultimately I was able to play though and it was enjoyable though clunky to control. There is a good deal of humor in the game. Some is related to references to games, movies, etc that younger audiences might not recognize, but it does add charm to the game.

I bought the game on sale for $3 and its certainly worth that for a few hours of unique entertainment, but don't expect the greatest game you have ever played. Its not here. I'd recommend other games action RPGs like Titan's Quest, Diablo II, Torchlight, or Dungeon Siege before this one, but this one can still be enjoyable for awhile.
  95. Jul 5, 2011
    First off...If you have performance issues on newer hardware, run the game in windowed mode and that solves them completely. It's not a big deal.

Secondly...Play with friends and use Steam's voice conferencing/chat functions while playing.
    Failing that, I would ask people around here to add you on Steam to play with you rather than try to join random games. Griefing would be a huge issue
    in a game like this.

Ok. With that out of the way. This game is so much fun!

The way you create your magic is awesome, the battles are challenging, the humour is great and the amount and quality of spells you have is actually quite impressive.

Even if you only have a slight interest in this, I would definitely recommend getting the complete pack.
    I was sitting on the fence about it and wondering if I would like the game. I am very glad I went ahead and bought it. It's a breath of fresh air and has a really old-school feel to it in terms of gameplay and challenge.
  96. Jul 18, 2011
    Magicka, Hench the name, offers the elements we all know in daily life. And is now implemented in a realistic strategy like game where you have to combine elements in order to cast your spell. This offers space to experiment, but sadly causes frustration when you're in a tight spot or suddenly die. For $10 dollars you get an overall decent game, but not something you would play for hours on end.
  97. Jul 21, 2011
    A brilliantly fun game with a very intuitive, unique and simple yet complex way of casting magic, by using a combination of 8 elements you can create your own spells to attack with, I enjoyed the humor and it's even better when playing with friends, but I would say only play with friends, because while it's fun, it's not nearly as good on your own. When I first got this there were a lot of glitches that ruined it, but I think these have mostly been ironed out now. it's only $10 which instantly makes this game worth trying. Expand
  98. Apr 22, 2012
    Excellent idea. Good humor. Funny parody on the classics of Tolkien's story-telling. BUT - unbalanced: unbalanced gameplay, several tedious bugs which can be easily fixed (like jumping items), weird camera shift towards enemies which sometime can go beyond the viewable screen area and render you - well - stuck!
    No inventory, no level-upping, no stores, NO BALANCE - all these things
    would make the game 5 out of 5! Expand
  99. Aug 7, 2011
    This game is awesome and way fun. It is a little buggy at times but if you have a great computer with a great processor and video card it prevents a lot of problems. Gameplay is a top down. The coolest thing about the game is mixing spell types to create powerful combinations to devastate enemies... or yourself and friends if you happen to hit friendlies. The game has a helpful tutorial in the beginning that leaves you learning more and more spells throughout the entire game. It is also incredibly funny with lots of references to Star Wars in the text of dialogue. I believe my first hard laugh came when playing the tutorial and my friend who had chosen a strange army character (not very wizardly at all) accidently tossed a grenade at my feet and killed me. I thought I was out forever until we learned a revive spell to bring me back. This game should be played co-op for the most fun as long as you cooperate with team members otherwise it could get frustrating. So, if you've got an awesome computer and ten bucks I'd recommend this game for some exciting and funny entertainment. Expand
  100. Sep 10, 2011
    this is a great original game that take a short while to understand, but when you do it's really fun. The multiplayer options are really fun (especially the PVP). The only problem is the glitches and at times the campaign might be a bit annoying
  101. Apr 17, 2011

1. May 6, 2011
    The rich, luscious colors somehow make the world a lot more believable than games like Crysis 2 could ever be.
  2. May 6, 2011
    Magicka is a game that works especially well in cooperation. Single player experience is a good one but this game shows its true potential only when you play with friends, allowing for some great fun. A patched-up Magicka is most certainly worth getting to know. Even more, because it is a solid candidate for 2011's best game in its category.
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    A game that glorifies the use of fireballs and land mines. #WIN.