5.7

1. Mar 31, 2012
    Oh dear god. The last baseball game I played was MVP 2005. It's a little dated on graphics, so decided to finally try a MLB 2k game. MVP runs circles around this game. And graphics are.... ok, and about the only thing going for this game. It's a terrible console port, for one. It took me about a week to get comfortable with controls even using a gamepad on my PC. The absolute worstOh dear god. The last baseball game I played was MVP 2005. It's a little dated on graphics, so decided to finally try a MLB 2k game. MVP runs circles around this game. And graphics are.... ok, and about the only thing going for this game. It's a terrible console port, for one. It took me about a week to get comfortable with controls even using a gamepad on my PC. The absolute worst part of this game, however, is the physics. The baseball is too heavy. Not just a little heavy, where you notice it flies a little slow on fly outs, and doesn't pop off the bat. I'm talking ridiculously heavy. Line shot over the shortstops head into left field for a base hit.... the ball stops rolling 20 feet in front of my outfielder? Hahaha, what? Ground balls seem to just... barely... make... it... through the infield. It ruins the entire game. Expand

1. Jul 15, 2011
    No online content for the German PC version. That sucks.
  2. May 31, 2011
    MLB 2K11 has plenty of nifty concepts, it is reasonably complex, and has a solid look, but it wouldn't hurt to inject a few fresh ideas into the old formula.
  3. May 18, 2011
    The subtle differences are improvements, but if you already own MLB 2K10, this edition is too similar to justify the upgrade cost. [July 2011, p.79]