5.5

1. Mar 25, 2012
    Stay away from this game. It is extremely buggy and unplayable. Wait for some patches, or just pass this game. They have a bad track record when it comes to patching. Terrible customer support, they never address the issues with the game in the forums, and totally seem to ignore the customers. I can only speak for the PC when it comes to the patches, but forum support, keeping people informed, or even acknowledging they is a problem with this game they never seem to do at all. Tons of complaints about this game on the forums and they could at least say they are working on it or something, keep us informed. Seems it would be an awesome game, but constant crashing, freezing, and endless glitches makes it just unplayable. Expand
  2. Mar 25, 2012
    I'm beginning to think sports game publishers have a smash-and-grab mentality. 2K12 certainly does. Get your money, ship you this, and no refunds. No recourse. Customization is a joke. The bugs are numerous, the controls are hideous, the tutorials are nonexistant, and all in all, it was just a waste of money. It was embarassing to find out what I'd given as a gift to a sports-happy friend turned out to be so abysmally poor, and I blame gaming journalism for that, as I checked it out on several game sites before buying. Some of those sites have since adjusted their reviews to better reflect reality-- not that it helped me. This would have been embarassing as a game 10 years ago. Today, it's just inexcusable. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    Controls for PC version are pretty awful and don't make much sense, probably due to console import. Some buggy commentary, gets pretty repetitive pretty quick, and why does a change-up have almost the same velocity as a fastball. However, if you want to actually play a baseball game on the PC, it's pretty much the only thing out there right now.
  4. May 23, 2012
    So far this is a great experience. The learning curve has strung me along. I reduced the ai pitch speed and it became playable. I just couldnt catch a rythm. Graphics are smooth, shadows are moderate, and presentation is interesting. Not sure what the terrible reviews are about.
  5. Jul 20, 2012
    No release in Europe (Steam???), too bad!! Why 2K Sports don't release the game everywhere in the world with Steam? They can't be true Baseball fans.
  6. Sep 6, 2012
    Since I don't own a PS3 this is my only option for a baseball game. Although it's definitely not on par with MLB the Show, I do not think 2K12 is a terrible game. Presentation (8): The franchise mode has tons of options as usual and season mode is also more flexible. Graphics (6): Although 2K12 has improved lighting and graphics from previous titles, some animations are lacking and not nearly as smooth as they should be. The crowd is pretty detailed but limited in textures. Sound (5): The game sounds decent in surround but the commentators seriously lack variety after a while. This is a issue I've had with every 2K12 title. Gameplay (6): Pitchers have a new throwing system and hitting has new variations with more realism. The mechanics do seriously lack though in comparison with The Show, fielding at times is unresponsive and pitching gets tedious after a while. The AI is slightly improved as well but still nowhere near where it should be. Endgame (7): Not a whole lot more content from previous titles, but 2K12 still offers trading, drafting, and adjusting rosters, so if you enjoy building your own team this game is worth a shot. It is sad to hear that this will be the final game and the series is retiring, someone needs to step up to the plate because I crave a good baseball game for the PC. Overall: (6) Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. May 24, 2012
    MLB 2K12 is a classic case of "more of the same".
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    To be clear MLB 2K12 is hardly a terrible game. It simply lives the worst fate imaginable for gamers: It's never fantastic, but it also perennially avoids being too terrible to merit blowing up and rebuilding from scratch. [June 2012, p.81]
  3. Mar 8, 2012
    The upside is that all of these problems are presumably fixable via a patch -- this isn't the first PC game in history to ship with something busted. And I sincerely hope the team at 2K Sports can get around to addressing the issues I've encountered, because MLB 2K12 is is a lot of fun to play in single-player, and should be just as fun online. But right now it's in dire need of some Tommy John surgery if it has any hope of reviving its career.