7.2

1. May 25, 2013
    Graphics are passible if you use an SMAA or FXAA injector. Very very very poorly done. Character creation is sad, and is male only. Voice acting is so bad they should have stuck with subtitles only. Game is not an RPG it's an extremely linear 3rd person shooter with a clunky interface and some very limited elements of crafting. NOT worth what they are charging, wait until this is on sale on steam for $2.99.... and even then, pass. Expand
  2. May 15, 2013
    I'd love to tell you how the game plays, but I can't the cursor keys don't work for moving forward back left right, and you can't remap ANY controls whatsoever! The controls menu simply shows what keys do what it doesn't actually allow changes. The PC version even has a picture of a console controller in the options that's how bad the PC port is.

I know this isn't a AAA game by a
    major studio, but even so, there is a reasonable user interface baseline which quite frankly, this game doesn't even meet 1990's "shareware" games standard (even "Doom" in 1993 had standard cursor key controls). WASD vs cursor keys flexibility is for left vs right handers and variable mouse position to the left vs right of the keyboard (and even then many right handers prefer cursor keys some right handers also use the mouse with their left hand). This is not exactly a "new thing" and has been known to PC game designers for what 20 years now? Not being a major studio is no excuse This is by the far the worst game interface on any game in years. Expand
  3. May 13, 2013
    nice graphics, broken game plain and simple.

Despite not being a big gaming studio, this doesn't deserve better credit.
    No proper controller support,
    no visual feedback depended on you control device, be it keyboard+mouse or game-pad., it's set default to xbox controller. So if you don't have one, you kind of are forced to buy one, but to be honest this is by a by a majority of games.

nonetheless, I will go opposit of the guys throwing out a 10 or a 9, and throw down a 1 just as easy.
  4. May 13, 2013
    Jut because it's not large company. doesn't mean it deserve better ratings.

Same applies fro the price. BUT if the game is not expensive people usually find re rating acceptable compared to the price.

compensation score 1, because morons.
  5. May 1, 2013
    Not for left handed people. The most basic function of remapping keys has been left out of this game making it pretty darn awkward for mouse and keyboard players.

It maybe out on PC first but this lack of thought for the players makes it seem like another lazy console port.
  6. Apr 30, 2013
    This game simply does not have much going for it. It has a very weak story, uninteresting characters and boring, repetitive environments. The bright spots are the combat (which is pretty fun and challenging), the skill tree (which is done well with a bunch of useful skills) and the crafting of weapons and armor (which is also pretty fun). Other than those few things it was very dull and there was not much reason, if any, to keep playing. Don't waste your time. Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    As Much as I want to like a smaller production value game, the mechanics are too cliche. the Best way to describe the combat system is taxingly tedious. I cannot stress enough how boring and uncreative it is, it seems more like the combat was an after-thought. The story itself is based around is based around a task system that doesn't allow much for imagination or creativity. Overall its a very linear experience, do this, do that, get this, go here tasks are overwhelmingly boring. As much as I want to continue on the story, it is simply not worth my time.
    I personally don't hold anything against the game engine or the graphics, the controls, or the story. Its just the rest of the game that holds me back. Its obvious more time and thought is needed in multiple aspects of this game. I applaud the developer's efforts, but this seems more like a pre-release.

At this point I would ask for a refund if Steam allowed it.

1. Aug 6, 2013
    What remains is a fatal vortex of wasted opportunities.
  2. Aug 5, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Amongst the many sins of Mars: War Logs, the total lack of originality is the worst one.