6.5

1. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is a ton of fun. It a terribly rocky launch but things are smooth now. It still has bugs though but that's common with launches. They should be ironed out soon. Every character is a blast to play and after beating the main missions the end game content will keep you coming back for more. I'm not much of PVPer so you'll have to check another review for that. Right now the game is a 7 out 10 with potential to be a 9 or 10 once everything is more balanced and the bugs are gone. Expand
  2. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is really fun and powerful. Furthermore. Marvel Heroes excel in quality.
    To me, Marvel Heroes just by being able to play is an honor.
    plainly, MH is similar to Diablo. but Marvel Heroes is far more powerful than Diablo.
    Ordinary person as well as MH's fan will love Marvel Heroes.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    I have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. The loot is pretty good and the itemization is much better than D3 at launch and they are in the process of implementing new loot in the near future. This is a F2P game, so expect to spend money if you want a specific hero or costume right now... but all that content drops for free in game if you are lucky.

In conclusion, this is a F2P game that will be changing and improving as time goes on. If you love the Marvel license and Diablo, give it a shot... you have nothing to lose, but hours and hours of time due to addictino.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    The game has its flaws but is alot of fun.

Alot of people complain about the limited number of heroes (currently 21, soon to be 26), but each hero is so unique and fun to play that it really becomes a non issue. Plus you can build each hero in different ways and wear different costumes, so you never really feel like a clone, and even if you did, smashing everything up as the hulk is
    just too much fun to be legal.

If you are on the fence about the game, it's free. Ignore the haters, pick any of the starter heroes and watch your time dissapear. You won't regret it.
  5. Jun 6, 2013
    Simply a great ARPG with cool Marvel Heroes, good power trees, and a fun loot game. The public zones have shared quests that combine the Diablo-like mechanic with indie games like Realm of the Mad God. It has a cash shop, but EVERYTHING in there also drops in game so it rewards play time as much as cash.
  6. Sep 7, 2013
    I want to update my previous review score of a six up to nine with the new 1.2 patch now being live. From launch to now the game has improved dramatically. Heroes feel much more fun an heroic. Defense has been overhauled. There are now multiple difficulties of the story along with the end game mission terminals. They have added some interesting loot options, most recently unique items for each hero and a new type of item slot. There is now a far more reliable way to earn heroes/upgrades to your ultimate ability. I'm sure there are even more upgrades I love that i am forgetting, but this at least scratches the surface. Expand
  7. Jun 4, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun. It's taking a little bit to get the kinks out, but a licensed rpg can be a real pain to balance. The heroes all feel unique and the game does an amazing job staying true to marvel lore.
    There were issues with early launch but gaz stepped up and is offering compensation. I have no regrets about purchasing characters and would recomend this game to any arpg or
    comic fans out there. Expand
  8. Jun 11, 2013
    If you like Marvel comics and you enjoyed Diablo 2 then this is a no brainer, the graphics are great and the overall story is classic Marvel. I am loving this game!
  9. Jun 13, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. The devs have done a fantastic job of rolling out the bug fixes and character balancing changes on a regular basis, and every hero I've tried is fun in it's own way.

This game is made by David Brevik himself (he created Diablo 1 and 2) so it is VERY similar to Diablo 2. If you like Diablo, and you like Marvel, this game is for you. A lot of the criticism
    I've read so far is people who don't like things that were in Diablo 2, like the terrible grind to 99. The level cap for this game is 60, but it's the type of game that is not about being level 60, it's about finding gear (and new heroes, they are an in game drop too).

The main story is basically the "normal" mode and then they have mission terminals that allow you to replay the dungeons in "nightmare", "hell", or "Inferno" mode basically. They also have one survival challenge type of mission that is by far my favorite. You and 14 other players team up (the system auto groups you so you don't need to find a party) and you fight 7 waves of enemies and then a boss. It's very challenging and very rewarding (tons of exp, loot, and the best boss drops).

There's so much I could say about this game, but I'll leave it at this: If you want an ARPG like Diablo 2 then this game is for you. If you want an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, then this game will not meet your expectations.
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    People have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost just running around with random people killing everything on the screen, not even talking to them, just happily killing together. It's a refreshing experience, I would say AT LEAST try it! It's free! Expand
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    I love the fact that this is the first super heroe MMO that actually let's you play as your favorite super heroes! (DCUO pay attention) There needs to be a bit more characters but the game is a super polished barrel of Marvel fun.
  12. Jun 4, 2013
    I have played since closed beta and I have to say I really enjoy this game. The early access was a little rough, but things seem to have been sorted out and they are working out the final bugs pretty quickly.

The gameplay is a ton of fun. There is open world zones with many players, group bosses & missions. There is also group/solo instances, crafting & an actual endgame.

I have
    played all of the Diablo games, Torchlight & Titan Quest and I really think this is one of the best ARPG games out. Also, the game is free to play so if you enjoy this kind of game there is no reason not to try it out. Expand
  13. Jun 4, 2013
    First off all, this game is getting a lot of heat because people can't read. It doesn't release until 10AM PDT today. Just letting people know.

Secondly: This game is fun.

I know, that is subjective and depends one what people like, but at the base of it, kicking bad guys into the air and watching their ragdoll bodies do back-flips is just one of the great things about this game.
    There's tons of actions, interesting fights against a wide variety of enemies. Funny one-liner quips from the heroes and minions alike. A HUGE variety of heroes with individual power-set and a simple control system that I wasn't used to at first but now enjoy quite a bit.

This is not a complex game. This is a smash-things-up and hang out with your friends game. It has the spirit of Diablo 2 and that game was some of the best multiplayer of its day.

...and its Free to play. Always a plus.
  14. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is still young but the game is remarkable when it came out. Almost all the Heroes are balanced. Most of the heroes are fun to play with the story line is interesting. The lag can be annoying but the game play is awesome. All I just want Marvel Heroes to do is keep making more content and events to make game play even more exciting.
  15. Jun 6, 2013
    DONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights just wont get how good this game is. Finally its Free-to-Play and whilst the prices you pay for getting heroes ahead of a drop may at first seem high. When you think you only need to pay $20 to play the character of your choice and never have to pay a penny again that represents really great value for money. Expand
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    When this game launched it earned its low scores; the prices were too high, the content too little, and even communication was at an all-time low. What a frackin difference 6 weeks makes. Since launch we have seen two sales, two xp/item find weekends (The second of which is going on as we speak 7-19-2013), serious patches that buff characters instead of nerfing them, two patches to address defense, a major percentage based defense fix incoming, xp buffs, a new tier of items to hunt (Cosmic Items), an increase in hero drop rates, and a permanent price cut to all items in the store. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not the Marvel Heroes you knew at launch.

To put it in perspective for all of us ARPG gamers, Gazillion Entertainment has made more fundamental changes to Marvel Heroes in 6 weeks than Blizzard made to Diablo 3 in over a year. Is Marvel Heroes perfect? Absolutely not, but when the average (non-streamer/non-media) gamer can sit down at their PC, and have a conversation with the lead developer about the state of the game and where it is headed, then you better be frackin sure that the game is headed that way. I don’t room to mention all the awesome they are putting into this game, but I need to add that itemization is not only be worked on, but it is a top priority for this team. That other game still hasn’t fixed itemization, and has stated they will not have it implemented until 2014.

I have not seen a single negative review that actually played through the entire game and gave it a fair shake. Almost every review says something so stupid that it completely outs the fact they didn’t bother playing it. Things like “The inventory is so small and I don’t have a portal to go back to town!”. Really? You didn’t even bother playing long enough to discover the body slider? I mean, I know it’s a new idea on portals…even though Diablo 3 has been using this system since it launched… and it’s available to you from level 1.

So, after all of this gushing over the game let me tell you what I don’t like about it. My biggest complaint has to be optimization. The game does not run well on mid-range systems, and the loading times are terrible even on an SSD

Also, patch times can be long (Yet lately they have been better, and coming in at under 3 hours downtime). In a world where studios like Grinding Gear Games and ArenaNet are cranking out very substantial patches (Big in content, yet tiny in actual byte size) by giving a 10 minute warning, and patching the game in a matter of minutes with nearly no downtime; Well, let’s just say Gazillion could really benefit from their example.

Retcons. My opinion on this is probably where I can be the most toxic. In Marvel Heroes many people have paid cash for their character. Why in the burning hells would you tell your customers that the character they paid for not only can never have their levels reset back to level 1 but that they have to pay cash to respec their build? People will argue that you get one free retcon from doing a quest. It’s one free per character, and is not repeatable. Well that is a great way to introduce the system; it is not a great way to encourage the experimenting with builds.

Have we not had flat out wars over silly specs for lulz? Battle Mage anyone? Charging cash for Retcons while restricting one’s ability to re-roll their character, does nothing but stifle experimentation. All those nerds (like myself, don’t get all offended) who would tell their friends about this awesome, yet completely unlikely build they created, now have nothing to say, because it will cost them $2.50 to respect their character.

Side Note: We do have a famous character called Punchclops, (Cyclops with a melee build). If Retcons were easily attainable (their drop rates suck) would we not have more Punchclops running around? Also, they have mentioned the possibility of re-rolling once you hit level cap, similar to the prestige system in that FPS game. I love it. But I would still prefer an option to flat out re-roll anytime, and unrestricted and on the cheap.

Notable mentions: There is a ton of interaction between the developers and the community members. The upcoming test server will provide us a chance to test The Human Torch, and the new upcoming content. Patches have been aggressive, and striking to the heart of what the community has been requesting. I’ve played a lot of online games, and I have never met a more devoted and attentive development team; they even pretend I don’t come off as semi-bipolar and overly critical of certain (retcons) game mechanics. Which is nice of them.

Stay Groovy
  17. Jun 21, 2013
    Good enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performance example lagging but that is what i expect from games that are mmo. Perhaps this is savior for this genre after drastic failure of Diablo 3. Game actually has skill tree like old good Diablo 2 and skills have effect on game. Not like in in Diablo 3 one combination is best rest are crap. Expand
  18. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game by far has everything I ever wanted in an ARPG. It has a huge open public world where you fight along side other players making the game even more dynamic. The game right now consist of 21 heroes (5 more will be released soon) that is more "classes" than any of the
    other ARPGs that has come out in recent years combined; giving this game an insane amount of replay value. Brevik mentions that their goal is to add new heroes hopefully at the pace of LoL, and they will continue to improve the game with constant updates for years to come.

Also, the endgame has a lot of potential right now even in its infancy you start out with daily missions and working your way up to group missions which are normally called "raids" in other mmo's. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brevik and company will come out with in the future.

Everything that I've written about is just the tip of the iceberg and not to mention this game is f2p! You can't beat that. So what are you waiting for? If you're an ARPG fan like I am I am pretty sure you'll find some kind of enjoyment out of this game. And even if your're not into ARPGs, it doesn't hurt to give this game a go. All it takes is a little bit of your time and you'll never know; you might be surprise on how good it is.
  19. Jun 20, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, but there is one thing atm, u need to play alot in your head I know the gameplay of different heroes is often the same, but when im playing as Iron Man, in my head im Iron Man, with powerful armor on me and reactor on my chest, when im playing as Hawkeye, im deadly and precise.
    Gazillion Entertainment releases big patches once per week, so im waiting about
    one month and give this game a chance for being better and bigger. But now, im giving 9 for about 90 hours spent as Iron Man in this great universe. Expand
  20. Jun 20, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is one of the best H & S style Diablo and Torch Light, is completely free. Beautiful graphics, great physics, and most importantly, fun to play, with a good end game. Recommended
  21. Jun 21, 2013
    I'm korea Marvel Heroes user in steam and i playing Hulk (level 40).
    I came here for the first time to review about Marvel Heroes.
    I think this game is pretty interesting. game graphic is perfect for me. in addition, using skill is very fun.
    Now, i enjoying Marvel Heroes with friends. also, all of them like Marvel Heroes.
  22. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is great, very addictive and fun, the gameplay is just so good, the animations, the voice-over, the art, the heroes in special have unique abilities and gameplay, but what i most like about this game is that you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.
  23. Jun 17, 2013
    I am a long time FPS gamer from the days of Quake, Doom, ROTT, Duke, etc. and I have never once been interested in trying out a Diablo style clone. That is until Marvel Heroes came along.

I'm a pretty big fan of Marvel and Storm has been one of my most favorite mutants since the 4 player X-Men widescreen arcade coin-op. I was happy to see her as a playable character and leveled her up
    to 25 before defeating the main story, Dr. Doom. I invested maybe a little over 20hrs into the game.. mainly because I was lost half the time. Overall I had a great experience with this title, especially considering that I paid NOTHING!

After defeating Dr. Doom I have little interest in continuing towards the end game as the story line is effectively complete at this point. I can see how vets of action/rpg give this game low marks as once you look past the cloak of the Marvel branding, this game is a bit flat.

I'm a fan of Marvel and a complete noob to this genre. Marvel Heroes was a great device to finally get me interested in action/rpg in the first place and I'm certain that Marvel Heroes will not be my last adventure into this foreign territory.
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    free2play diablo style (better than diablo3 imho, like gameplay)
    - the big world of Marvel can become this game awesome with the future dlc/expansions
    - you start with few free heroes, some people blame the price of the heroes..yes,it's true,that is a bit high..BUT..heroes and skins can be dropped, and i think that this kind of loot is the best of all loot in other world mmo!!!
    - i
    have found some things to improve, support me in this thread to make the game better:

25. Jun 18, 2013
    Its not bad, pretty fun and for free. Not sure what the complaints are really about. Its free and fun.
    I think it had a better than average launch especially taking into account all the AAA rating Paying games disasters and bugs.
    It can only get better as they add new free content and iron out some price wrinkles.
  26. Jun 4, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is one of those rare titles that is completely Free to Play. If you want to play as your favorite hero immediately, and they are not one of the 5 free starter-heroes, you can buy them immediately in the store or wait for them to drop in game.

The game is hugely influenced by Diablo 2, which makes sense consider David Brevik is the president of Gazillion Entertainment, the
    studio responsible for Marvel Heroes. If you like diverse builds, scavenging for rare loot, and epic boss battles, then there is no reason not to give this game a try, especially since it is free.

It is true that the Founder's Pack launch was a little rough, but Gazillion has already made up for that in bounds with compensation, where other companies would have said, "deal with it."

I can honestly say that I will be playing this game for years to come, and the developers appear to be more than willing to support longevity with content updates and additional characters. Every character added constitutes a new class, which means the game is launching with 20+ classes! That is insane!
  27. Jun 4, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is is what diablo should have been.

That being said, there is room for improvements, but they already designed that into the game. Unlike diablo, MH has the MMO influence. So not only will new heroes be released, but new content will be released. There are already five other heroes that have been announced for future release. Since each hero presents a different play
    flavor, the game has great replay value.

One reviewer stated the game has only 20 hours of content. I cannot disagree more. Yesterday I played for twelve hours and only have my hero up to level 14. I'm pretty sure I won't finish the storyline in another eight hours since I haven't hit the halfway point yet. However, I'm a person who like to open up a map completely before moving on. I can imagine someone who races toward the endgame and doesn't know how to enjoy the content could do it in less time, but it's at their loss. While this is the players choice, complaining about their choices isn't the fault of the game.

Since the game is F2P, no has to ever purchase anything in the store....ever. Everything in the store can be obtained as loot drops in the game from heroes to costumes to respec devices to pets. So complaining about store prices is a moot point. If one doesn't like them, don't purchase them. It is interesting to note that the reviewers complaining about content are also complaining about store prices; I assume this is the $2win mentality, which I think is pretty worthless.

Since MH has an MMO influence, daily missions at endgame are to be expected. MH has put in three levels of this content starting today at launch. In addition, they have added content, which would accurately be called a raid in an MMO. Additionally, there is PvP for those who enjoy that mess.

The reviewer who states he paid $80 for four heroes and eight costumes is misrepresenting the cost, which was $60. Keep in mind $60 is the going price for a game today, and this isn't a necessary expenditure to play. Also, no particular hero is core content and costumes certainly are not core content. There are five heroes from which the player gets to choose one for free to begin (Personally, I enjoy Scarlet Witch, but the others are fun to play, too). Each hero comes with a costume at start; others can be purchased or received as loot drops. Naming these as "core" content is nothing short of a lie.

Unfortunately, during the last patch (not counting the one from today), quite a few bugs have been reintroduced into the game. However, this is good, as it were, because almost all of them were removed previously so they won't be around long. Some issues arose during early access that either were resolved or still in the process as top priority for the company and the bugs are a part of it. However, with the patch today, many; but not all; of the bugs have been addressed. However, in over 15 years of online gaming, I have yet to see a bug-free launch. So some headaches are to be expected.

There are some inventory issues that some would expound negatively on, such as crafting materials lack of stacking. It has already been announced that crafting mats will eventually stack, but it will be sometime after launch. Also, crafting mats can be and will need to be upgraded; so combining mats saves space. Medkits stack to ten and healing is each person's endeavor; so I carry around 50 of them at any given time. Hero inventory contains 48 slots, but there is extra inventory available. One general tab is open with two others purchasable, as well as 3 crafting tabs, and one tab for each hero. Purchased heroes come with unlocked tabs. Each tab holds 48 items as well. So you start with 96 slots (possibly 144; not sure if the starting hero's tab is open) and can open up somewhere well over 1000 of them. Although, numerous trips to sell are necessary at the moment, any complaints about inventory space are really based on laziness. Each trip to the vendors ultimately result in increased vendor and crafting levels, allowing better gear purchases and more crafting recipes opening up. So even in the interruptions to battle, there is progress made.

For those who are giving poor review--especially when they haven't even played the game yet--I'm not sure what to say. Perhaps playing the game will bring one to an opinion which is more accurate.
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Its a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot of playable heroes for the game. The game's offer a lot of fun. For a free to play game it is definetly worth a try. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    Wow, I didn't even expected time goes so quick with this game.
    Marvel Heroes is really interesting and fresh game I've ever done.
    I am so excited what's going to happen in marvel Heroes.
  30. Jun 21, 2013
    I've played this game now for more then a month and am currently at lvl 45 (level cap 60), I must say that I'm in love with this game. I've played Diablo 3 a ton when it first came out, but after a few weeks it got really boring.

The things I personally like are the fact that even when you complete the story you can simple reply certain parts of the story or do daily missions and
    challenges, also there is PvP and that's still being improved. Also I love that there are multiplayer zones where you can talk to people and just play together instead of making a group. Guild are in the game and are just perfect. The choice of heroes is fine and it's always fun to switch hero on the fly. The costumes give you that extra thing that other games don't have.

Conclusion, this game has a lot more to offer then other games in the same genre, more features getting added on a regular basis.
  31. Jun 22, 2013
    THIS IS SO HOT GAME.
    I am really fun to play Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes was in succession to Diablo's strength. inherited very well. and Heroes quality is so delicate. also Background and Object is well described..
  32. Jun 4, 2013
    Really fun arpg. If you like marvel comics you should try this game. It needs somework in endgame, but its too soon to evaluate that.
    Every heroe plays quite diferent and the open maps with event its a nice change in this kind of games.
  33. Jun 6, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is a great game. Definitely recommended to all fans of Marvel Comics. It is free to play though access to content and heroes other than the standard five (Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, The Thing, Storm, and Hawkeye) does come at an additional cost. Although it is a multi-player game, you can also play it solo with regards to the game's story aspect.--of course ganging up on event bosses with other players is loads of fun. There are bugs in the game but being this early into launch it is to be expected. For those like me who bought "Ultimate" and "Premium" content packages before launch, Marvel Heroes has promised compensation for any lost game time due to bugs--they just have an overwhelming queue of support tickets to go through. Having dealt with their customer support in the past I have no doubt that they will deliver on this promise. All in all I feel I've gotten my money's worth so far from my "Ultimate" package, though it is still much too early to gauge any long-term satisfaction. I can't predict the future but I do believe Marvel Heroes will endure past its naysayers. Expand
  34. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is not bad at all.
    If you like Marvel Comics or Diablo, this is the best game for you.
    This is really great representation of heroes. In addition, background and object description is excellent.
    These features will suffice.
    JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  35. Jun 22, 2013
    A good game. This game didn't have the best of launches but has gotten better through the patches. It has a similar kind of gameplay to Diablo 3 & 2, but fun nevertheless. It still has bugs when you play it,some of them small and some of them big. The heroes are a blast to play with and the quests are fun right up to the side quests as well (which do sometimes, impact your hero).

In the
    end, it is a fun and enjoyable game. The only major problem I have with this game is the amount of money, you have to pay to get a hero and its costumes. Other than this, like i said before it is a good game. Expand
  36. Jun 21, 2013
    This is my first visit to Review about Marvel Heroes.

First, Have Fun with Marvel Heroes?
    Absolutely. M.H is very exiting game. M.H is marked by heroes strong individuality. So playing various hero is fun.
    Secondly, Excel in graphic?
    To me, M'H's graphic looks good and attractive. Not the highest, but the best.
    Consequently,
    I think Marvel Heroes is definitely interesting game.
  37. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is not yet completed. but M.H has a great potential to be on the any table around world.
    M.H's quality is good and Story is good enough to whet user's curiosity.

I hope that Marvel Heroes keep the support.
  38. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel heroes a game recently released by Gazillion Entertainment and is being sold us an APRG plus MMO.

Before people dive into this game it is important to understand this game is Free to Play. That means you can play the entire game without having to spend a dime. If you op for this route, you have the option to play as 1 of the 5 starter heroes and will be given 2 additional starter
    heroes after you beat the first quest and the last quest. However, if you want to get one of other heroes like Iron Man, Hulk or Ms Marvel, you can either buy them off the shop or wait for them to drop randomly in game. Currently the prices for heroes in my opinion are a bit overpirced but recent communication between the Developers and the community has started giving me hope that the prices will be readjusted.

In terms of the game play itself, I personally believe someone will have a lot of fun if they enjoy playing as their favourite Marvel Hero and destroying things left and right. Each hero has specific abilites and all of them each have 3 skill trees that allow for one hero to be played in different ways. However, the idea of having skill trees may be nice but certain heroes currently have very imbalanced abilities making it feel like there can only be one build for the hero. Hopefully the Devs can figure these things out and come up with a solution ASAP.

My current problem with the game is the lack of content it has with Endgame. Most games that are called MMOs and ARPGS usually have a few things that give players something to continue to play after Endgame such as Legendary loot, replaying story through higher difficulties, epic group events and Player vs Player. Currently there is group events and PVP but the quality in both these areas is lacking. Epic group events in this game revolve around either doing a form of horde based game mode involving 15 players or you can be in a group of 5 and turn of portals called Rifts. The idea works is solid but the map variety as well as the inability to find groups makes doing these events solo.

There is no denying Marvel Heroes was released too early and would have benefited from more beta tests. However, here we are and so far I am really enjoying the game play. If Gazillion can make some of the changes listed than the game will be a lot better. Currently if your looking to try new games, definitely give Marvel Heroes a go
  39. Jun 17, 2013
    I'm honored to play this game with Marvel Heroes.
    i'm very happy to defeat enemies and villain. it's really fun.
    In my view, one of Marvel Heroes's strong points is endless vision that they will make.
    Marvel Heroes is best game to me.
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is chime with Diablo2. but Marvel Heroes is head and shoulders above Diablo2.

Graphic is very tidy and delicate. so using Heroes's skill is very powerful.
    Also, various costume of heroes and diverse options of item make Marvel Heroes more fun.
  41. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun, with many improvements constantly coming in.

Some people reviewing Marvel Heroes barely put any time into playing the game (I can tell because the information that they're "pulling" out of the game is incorrect and inaccurate). If you play the game for about 2 hours you really can't give an honest review, because you don't know the game!

Anyway, I will
    admit that Marvel Heroes has had several flaws, but with each day the flaws presence fades away. Patches have been coming in almost weekly, and the patches are based on the complaints from the community. The character prices have even been lowered because people were dissatisfied. The game is run by people who actually listen.

I've invested almost 200 hours into this game. I am very satisfied with the progress Gazillion is making, and I am excited for the future of Marvel Heroes.
  42. C-O
    Jul 20, 2013
    There's nothing new about this game but there's a whole lot of special. Each hero is it's own class with it's own skill tree and they're fun. Really. The devs have been patching this game on an almost weekly basis with tweaks and content. The future of this game is very bright.

IT'S FREE! GIVE IT A TRY!
  43. Jul 22, 2013
    All the hatred for this game is a mystery to me. Trying to figure out if you will like Marvel Heroes is simple: apply a number between 1 and 100 to your love of Marvel comics characters. Now do the same for your enjoyment of Diablo. Now average those two numbers, and your score out of 100 is how much you will enjoy Marvel Heroes. For example, I love Marvel comics at 99 and I think Diablo is OK, at 74, therefore Marvel Heroes enjoyment factor for me is 87. And that's what this game is to me, a B/B+. Prices are a touch high but they are coming down, and I have gotten several character drops. Expand
  44. Oct 19, 2013
    Back in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half a million players. And in one week we'll be getting a brand new PvP gamemode. Can't wait! Expand
  45. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has more potential and passion behind it then any other ARPG on the market. Although it is pretty rough now, devs are working on improving the game like crazy. I believe that in a year or so this game is gonna be one of the best ARPG ever made.
  46. Jun 11, 2013
    Very enjoyable, I purchased the $200 founder pack and find it to be worth every penny. However if you try to play this as just a free to play game it's a terrible game.
  47. Jun 9, 2013
    I'm so into this game. I bought the UP, so I got pretty much all content(cost $200). And I think it's worth every penny. I'm at endgame, and yes it's a grind feast like D2. But it got many "classes" or heroes you can play(which offer a huge variety). It hasn't been a game since WoW that has captured me like this. I think about playing when at work, I've recruited 5-6 people to play with me, all of those which are F2P, and one that bought a starter pack. I'm always watching over the forums for good posts and builds, experience and helping people out with the game. Seems like a good community, except for the whiners that think a FREE game is too much. If you like the game, you should support it and buy a hero of you liking. Giving it a whooping 9/10. The game has some bugs and need more MMO elements for it to be a proper MMO, the end game is basically lobby and instance. There are no way of trading secure, no auction house, currently no guilds, no mail-system and the chat system isn't very good. Also for F2P players they claim the prices for heroes and costumes are expensive. The game is very promising, and will be super in the future, I've been in beta and the developers are actually listening to the community! Expand
  48. Jun 10, 2013
    This game is awesome, great characters roster, good graphics and special effect, the only arpg with mmo component, i play it with some friends and we enjoy it so mutch.
  49. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Comics, Marvel Movie, and Marvel Heroes. All is really fun.

But i think Marvel Heroes have to develop more and more. now Marvel Heroes is fun and not bad.
    Also, I'm satisfied with Marvel Heroes. but impact is too weak.
    This game is perfect for Marvel Heroes's fan. but not All.
  50. Jul 19, 2013
    you know what, despite of the rocky launch, this is the only game i have ever played where the developers actually listen to the players and give back 110% to improves the game, constantly.

Sure you might say they are money hungry company, but what kind of company that is being in business for not making profits? they need to bring home the bacon too.

Just from the start, i see how
    the game getting fix left and right and the fixes is constant, not to say its broken and it need fixing, some of this are actually an improvement to the game. they constantly fixing the balancing issues, the defensive issues, way more better itemization, end game issues, and even asking the community on feedback regarding the animation of the game. They are giving us the chance to help them makes the game that we want and will loves.

the developer said over and over that their commitment is long term regarding this game and they have been proving it weeks to weeks. So props to gazillion regarding this, their efforts is outstanding.

the game itself is really fun which is really surprising, knowing the bad launch review. I'm glad that i gave this game a shot. I never really a big marvel fan, so i played this game because i love ARPG game, and i love grinding. some reason this game manage to gives goals to mindless grinding and gives the players a rewarding experience from the time put into the game.

I would rate the game as where it is now maybe 8 9 scores wise, since in any way the game still in progress for getting better, but due to the efforts that i see and experienced from the developer, I'm giving this game a 10/10

and please don't judge the book by it's cover, play the game first and then makes that judgement, you don't have to pay any money at all if you want to start playing this game. its Free to play. I have unlocked 8 heroes so far, and i only started with one free hero, this is game is that rewarding.
  51. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews come from people that do not group up a lot, or belong to an active supergroup. Expand
  52. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is AWESOME if you liked Ultimate Alliance. If you're into the Marvel Universe and own a PC, you're choices are slim as to what you can get your fix with. Fortunately, this game exists. You won't be disappointed. The best part is that it is genuinely free to play. That does not entail that there is some secret cabal to force you into buying something at some point. You can attain every single thing in the game just by playing a reasonable amount (and that is a very conservative statement). So pick up the game. Don't listen to the negative Nancies! Expand
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    Alright, if I was completely reviewing this for myself, I would give it a 10. Rocket Raccoon is on the roster, and I'm his number 1 fan, so I am willing to deal with any shortcomings while improvements are being made. This game is not perfect, the endgame needs more to do, and there are various QoL improvements that could be made. For an ARPG, though, I think it is very fun to play. If you are a fan of Diablo and/or Diablo II, I was a big fan of the latter, you will have fun with Marvel Heroes. If you are also a fan of Marvel, well, I think that really helps to enjoy the experience even more. In that regard, there are variety of heroes from across the Marvel Universe, as well as some bosses you'll recognize, and an original story written by Brian Michael Bendis (the intro cutscene also deserves a mention, it is just awesome). I would rate the game an 8.5, but that's not an option, so I'll round up (to represent the amazing potential I think we have here). 9/10, Great job, Gazillion Expand
  54. Jul 20, 2013
    This game continues to improve each patch. The game launched with some issues but gazillion has done a great job listening to the community and making the game better. They have made it easier to get heroes and added some nice end game features. If you like Marvel you cant go wrong giving this free game a try.
  55. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has its Problems.
    Bad Performance for Good Pc needed.
    Long Loading Time.
    Not much Late game.
    Bad Stats on Items.

But if you have a good Pc. And you compare D3 to MH you see one big difference.
    They are Changing stuff. They are talking in the Forums to the people.

Don't get confused by people saying it has no end game. Its tru, but it will soon have one and Diablo 3 not.
  56. Jul 19, 2013
    I've been playing Marvel Heroes since late beta and, as a huge fan of Marvel and MMOs, I love it. The transition from beta to live launch was rushed and certainly led to some hiccups early on, but the team at Gazillion has steadily improved most major aspects of the game since launch. This game has a very bright future ahead of it and I look forward to playing for years to come.
  57. Jul 19, 2013
    this game is the reincarnation of diablo 2.. if you love d2 and you love marvel then its a no brainer.. so addicting! I think that having to rush the game because of greedy publishers has hurt their image but no dev team has ever been so attentive and on the ball as Gaz..this game will go down in history as one of the all time best.. just you watch!
  58. Jul 19, 2013
    As a Premium Pack owner, let me say I am glad I invested the money in this game. Sure, the launch was rocky. Things have improved drastically since then though. In short, the developers have been listening to the community and making [EXCELLENT] changes accordingly. They are giving our beloved characters an [at least] once over. They are making a better systems that allows players to be able to obtain heroes (and other items) without having to pay anything. They have dropped prices. They are adding a lot of content in the next couple of months. I would encourage both new players and those thinking about returning to check out their website and look the Doomsaw Dev Blog #1 and Eternity Splinter posts. Seriously, if you are thinking about returning now is the time. They are getting ready to implement a ton of new things that address issues that plagued the game early on! Expand
  59. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is an amazingly fun time. It takes the tried and true elements of action RPGs and deftly adds the Marvel IP creating a fast pace and fun game. The development and community team is perhaps the most dedicated I have ever seen in a game, and every week the game continues to get tweaks based on player feedback. This game has already evolved into being my primary gaming outlet, and I think it has just begun.

I fully expect this game to be around for years to come and continue to be an excellent ARPG breaking ground as it goes.
  60. Jul 20, 2013
    The game had some starting issues but now it's improving at lightspeed, with very fast paced patches and incredible communication between the devs and the community.
  61. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has gone from a 5 to a 10 in about 1.5 months. GZ has done an unreal job of redefining this game. Everything they've done and changed has been outstanding. This is THE best ARPG out and getting tremendously better in the next month or less. I didn't think they could do it, but they have.
  62. Jul 21, 2013
    I was never a fan of the diablo series, I thought clicky games like this were ridiculous. Hated diablo 3, tried marvel heroes and loved it. Extremely fun game, Dev team really listens to the community too, I've never seen a relationship between players and developers like with this. A couple bugs, but so many have been fixed already it'll be even greater in no time. Regardless, as it is now I'd definitely recommend trying it out, even dishing out a couple bucks for your favorite hero, beats a 60$ pre-order game or subscription. Expand
  63. Jul 23, 2013
    This game started with a host of bugs and strange design choices, with a store that was too expensive. Underneath all of that was a solid ARPG with awesome combat and 20+ classes.

Since the launch they have been adding content at a steady pace, modifying the game systems/rules to be more fun, and generally improving the game in just about every way. The store is cheaper and offers
    package deals again, game performance has been optimized better and will continue to be tweaked, heroes skill's are being balanced and improved on a constant basis, and they plan a huge patch soon, with new game play zones and more. On top of this, their communication with players has been stellar, and many of the changes made and/or being planned are from player suggestions.

To be honest, this game got panned in most reviews for its prices, so if that was the main reason you abstained, I'd say give it a go again. With the pace that Gazillion is adding content and Marvel Heroes promises to be one of the best ARPGs of the modern generation.
  64. Jul 25, 2013
    Plainly, Marvel Heroes had many issues at first.. But now many bugs are corrected.
    I assure you, Marvel Heroes is definitely improved by degrees and Gaz is doing its best.
    Their endeavors are really great. Also Changes in test center are fantastic.
    Surely, Marvel Heroes will be the best game in ARPG.
  65. Jun 7, 2013
    Solid ARPG. Game definitely needs some work but the potential is there.

End game and PVP are somewhat lacking right now. But having 20+ heroes makes up for that.
  66. Jun 9, 2013
    I dont get the people that say its a bad game. The game is free first of all and yes if you want to play the cool heroes than you have the option to pay for it. But.. you also can play and get the heroes by defeating the bad guy`s. I got after playing 4 hours allready 2 heroes and 1 costume. The game is not to difficult but thats what i like about this game. I can come home after work and do a chapter and get some nice stuff. The voice acting is good en also the cut scene`s. The studio is fixing alot of bugs after the launch so they are doing a great job. I will give this game a 8 but now that people are bashing this game i give it a 10 for a good average. Expand
  67. Jun 27, 2013
    I played Marvel Heroes about 100hr. i don't think this game is awesome or fantastic. but this game is a featured Marvel Comics heroes and have a novel story. so Marvel Heroes has a clear feature. all have to understand it.
    Clearly, this game peculiarity is obvious. This peculiarity make a fun game.
    Marvel Heroes keep peculiarity.
  68. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game that is only getting better. An Altaholic's dream. The developers are do a great job interacting with the community and implement improvements based on feedback very well.
  69. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes a game that shows great promise with a team of developers that listen to its community. The constant changes based on actual player feedback makes this game almost player ran. While it may currently be in a beta stage there is already promises of brand new content, heroes, and changes that will make every comic fan scream with joy.
  70. Jul 19, 2013
    The game doesn't even feel like the game I played 30 days ago; so many changes that it's hard to keep up. The Dev communication has scaled with every change, and this developer Doomsaw, well, has led the way. I find myself taking a peek at the forums far too often, because the updates and communication are typically game changing.

The game still has its' fits with patching (but just
    today, they dumped their bitraider patcher for something completely different.) Nice comeback. Expand
  71. Jul 19, 2013
    Excelent work from Gaz, the game is in constant evolution. Not all the developers take so serious the players feedback. Each day closer to the game is destined to be.
  72. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has improved a lot since launch, and it is fun to play. I have been playing for more than 100 hours and I am currently having tons of fun leveling up new characters.

The attention that the developers give the community it is one of the best I have seen. They are always listening to feedback and interacting with users in the forums.

Nonetheless, the game needs new content
    and more heroes. Expand
  73. Jul 21, 2013
    Every game with an ambitious premise is bound to a rough release. However, within nearly 50 days of it's release, the game has rocketed thanks to how developers actively listened to player feedback, which rarely happens so immediately. I find myself playing this a lot more often than I expected, and it is mainly due to these constant improvements being applied. Compared to other games in the genre, at the same point in time, regardless of budget, this is significantly a more enjoyable experience. Expand
  74. Jul 21, 2013
    For the tldr crowd here is my pro/con list. Detailed review follows Pro: 1. Doomsaw (new dev) his communication is awesome and he is a huge asset to their team. 2. Super responsive to player feed back as a company(don't always act on it but they do discuss) 3. Extremely quick content additions and bug squashing (some taking longer than others overall good) 4. Lots of upcoming new content.
    5. Buff for fun rather than nerf philospohy
    6. Super good about compensation for downtimes or other issues when they arise.

Con:
    1. Limited item system( new additions already added and more coming)
    2. Limited end game modes new ones coming and planned)
    3. Slow character production time( takes awhile to make new characters)
    4. Sometimes cant hit their deadlines( good about making up for things though when things go wrong).

I was in the games Beta testing phases and the one thing that struck me then and continues to amaze me is how fast Gazillion is able to react to feedback and move forward in a positive fashion. Right before launch David Brevik came right out and said straight up and honestly that the game was going to launch rough(they had already set a date) but that they were dedicated to the long haul and would make the game better. The game did launch pretty rough (anymore though what games don't which is another sad commentary but I will leave that for another day) but there have been a lot of positive changes is a very short time.

Since launch there have been many new content additions. There have been 5 or 6 costumes added to the game plus a totally new item class: cosmic items that have neat new effects. There are plans for further changes to the item system such as sets and unique items. Gaz has also planed changes to the current end game areas and several new areas and missions have been announced.

Each playable character is in the process of getting a character review at the moment. Unlike other game companies though character review is not code for nerf the fun outta the game. In fact other than some early on nerfs most if not all recent character fixes have been buffs. Doomsaw a wonderful new developer(more on him in a sec) has said the philosophy now is nerfs are not fun and that every character will be worked on so that they are fun above all other considerations. Underlying game mechanics related to how characters play (such as the defense system) are also getting overhauls as well with many changes coming from direct player feedback.

Doomsaw is an amazing developer that recently started interacting with the community. Hes super smart and will banter with the players. Best though is he will come in and make impromptu here is what we did today threads. Little things like "looked at storm changes coming next patch/buffed this skill/ worked on this characters animations/ talked about this new endgame." Someone asks a good question about almost anything and if its something he can get an answer for from the developer team he does. Its just astounding how big a change this one person has made in their company and community. Go read his dev blogs they are awesome.

I will admit game started way rough but it is improving all the time and if they can pull off the things they have planned game will be awesome. I do believe if they cant pull things off as planned that they will work on them till they are something fun. I have a HUGE amount of faith in this game now.
  75. Jul 21, 2013
    This is probably my favorite game since Diablo 2. I don't care about superheroes, but I like the way the game feels. It feels like Diablo 2 with 20+ character classes and more coming. The developers constantly update the game and make improvements so that makes me a lifelong customer.
  76. Jul 21, 2013
    As with any small game studio trying to tackle a big project, there were a lot of issues coming out of the gate. In efforts to capture a summer audience the game was rushed to the masses, receiving many negative reviews in the process. However, something you can count on, and have always been able to count on with this game is that it's just raw fun. There are currently 21 different heroes to experience and they're all unique in their own ways. The content is lengthy with plenty of Marvel inspired zones to sink your teeth into. In addition, Gazillion has been very forthcoming and responsive to their user base, improving the game since launch. Most will agree it's stable now, and offers a better first impression. The best part is it's free. Expand
  77. Jul 21, 2013
    This game is currently my favorite ARPG to play and I have played them all. While the game had a rough start, they have loaded up new patches and content faster than any game I have played. Not only that their developers are very active in the community and they seem to listen to the playerbase and almost every change they have made and/or are planning seems like the perfect one.

There
    are a ton of hero's to play, you will be able to play this game for a long time. There will be synergies for lvling more than one hero. Ex If you get daredevil to 60 you get passive dodge, or hulk to 60 you gain strength and health. This is one game I can tell I will play for a long time. Expand
  78. Aug 5, 2013
    First impression was bad. bitrader client error made me angry. but after 1.11, This game advanced much more than before. above all, E.S system is really good. and limbo bye, Hello midtown.
    Also, Character is the best attraction and big individuality about Marvel Heroes. Human Torch is awesome.
    i'm really expecting a lot Emma including next many heroes.
    Now, Clearly This game is fun.
  79. Jul 16, 2013
    As a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the genre or the Marvel universe. Expand
  80. Jul 20, 2013
    100 hours of play and I have left. After the improvements that have been little more than 1 month old, the game is very good and is fun, fun, maybe things missing but developers are taking it very seriously and are constantly improving it. And we can say that is better than diablo 3 xD
  81. Aug 7, 2013
    The game is very good, I've spent 100 hrs on it and I liked the process, but what is more important this game is getting better pretty fast. Developers are doing great job and I give them credit for it.
  82. Jul 20, 2013
  83. Jul 20, 2013
    The game is honestly fun. It's future is looking very good with Gaz so connected to the community and are actually listening to the fans and making the necessary adjustments to the game which obviously have been great changes so far. I'm very excited to see where this game heads in the next couple of months.
  84. Jul 20, 2013
    At launch, Marvel Heroes had significant issues. Only a month later, and the game's basically fixed every single one of them. Not only is significant new content on the way, but a lot of it has already been added, and we're merely a week away(as of this writing) from the first new character class being added to the title. It's clear that Marvel Heroes isn't just a good game at this point, but one that's going to get better and better as time goes on. Expand
  85. Jul 20, 2013
    This game keeps on getting better. I encourage anyone who has played the game at launch and stopped since then to check out all the cool stuff coming out in the very near future in the Dev Blog at https://marvelheroes.com/community/dev-blog. Gazillion is working hard to make this the best game ARPG out.
  86. Jul 20, 2013
    A severely underrated game that will eat away hours of your time without you noticing. The game is not without flaws but the development team is committed to patching the game and is due some vast improvements in the coming weeks. The pricing model isn't the cheapest on the market but all the content in the game is free which allows for unrestricted gameplay.

As for the gameplay it's
    what you'd expect from an ARPG, personally I've sunk more hours into this than D3. Most the heroes(classes) are well designed and reflect their iconic marvel counterpart well, the skills are fun to use and there's an ongoing story for players to take part in as well as an end-game that revolves around item hunting as you'd expect from most ARPGS.

The game got panned by critics and whilst a lot of the negative feedback was warranted most of them didn't give the game longer than 30 minutes, it really does bloom as you play more and with the impending patches that include both fixes, content and heroes the game can only get better.
  87. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is just amazing. I cant play this game at home due to poor performance from my computer but that doesn't stop me from hustling over to a internet cafe to play this game. I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves marvel comic.
  88. Jul 20, 2013
    I paid money for D3 and hated every spending any money on the RAH.
    I got MH for free and have spent a few hundred dollars on stuff and am loving it.

With their system and no AH there is never a fear of gold farmers entering the game. I love that and will keep spending money to show the devs how much there hard work is appreciated. The game is only going to get better.
  89. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has a solid setup and the dev team seems to have a really great grasp on where they want it to go. Sure there may be some hiccups right now but for comic fans and gamers alike theres a lot to like.
  90. Jul 21, 2013
    The game is fun. If you like ARPG it's fun. If you also like Marvel Universe it's extra fun. There are some problems, surely it rushed to release, but the developer are taking all the problems to heart (prices, itemization, end game content, client optimization) and releasing patches after patches to address the shortcomings of the game.

From an august patch they will introduce a new
    item that you can collect from mobs drop and that will permit you to "buy", with a certain amount of drops, the character you want. So it's true that at the start you can choose only five characters but after some time with the game you have the opportunity to choose the character you want. And that's great.

This, and much more changes they announced (like a new client), are the outcome of the active confrontation in forums of the developer with the community. Some kind of interaction I've sincerely never seen before in other games and that is giving this game a really bright future.
  91. Jul 21, 2013
    Marvel Heroes had a lot of bugs and problems at launch, but has recently had a lot of major patches that really fixed a lot of the troubles it previously had. The early reviews are therefore not accurate towards how the game is now, and it is a lot more polished, more fun, and more balanced then it was at launch.

It is a lot of fun to play an ARPG with your favorite Marvel characters,
    and it totally adds up for any Marvel fan out there. There is loads of content, and new content is planned and being worked on as we speak, so that's also coming out in the near future.

It still has some issues, but these are all being worked on by a fantastic crew, so they are probably gonna get sorted out real soon.
  92. Jul 21, 2013
    This game continues to get better and better, although I would have given it a 10 since the launch. The characters all have a unique feel to them and they get more powerful all the time. The Marvel feel of the game is awesome and pervasive. Can't wait for the new Manhattan and Asgard Areas! Great game!
  93. Jan 9, 2014
    o be honest its great game, launch wasn't smooth. But now its on pair with PoE and D3, in some terms even better. It expands standart ARPG into MMO which is great. Definitely worth to try.
  94. Aug 5, 2013
    My favorite part of Marvel Heroes is character. character's power skill is nice and cool.
    but, some lag made me annoy.
    if some lag is fixed and more fun contents is added, Marvel Heroes will be great game.
  95. Aug 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is ARPG game.
    first of all, game graphic is nice. but game performance is bad. Also contents is small
    i think Marvel Heroes should be stick to the character quality because character is best feature of Marvel Heroes.
    1.11 patch was good and beginning of game.
    go for it
  96. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is fun. and have huge potential. Marvel Heroes may beyond diablo.
    but that is the power of visualization, this game has a long way to go.
    Few skill, small contents, some bug and lag, etc.
    Enormous potential is crucial feature of Marvel Heroes.
  97. Aug 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is interesting game and similar to diablo.
    i really enjoy this game.
    also this game dev communication wit user is really cooperative. i most like this.
  98. Aug 5, 2013
    im enjoying Marvel Heroes. at first i dislike Marvel Heroes because client crush.
    but 1.11 patch is awesome. client is stable. and free hero system Eternity Splinter like LoL is perfect for me.
    Definitely, this game is improving a lot day by day.
  99. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are into Marvel and Diablo, then this game is perfect for you. And just FYI you can turn off the auto join groups in the options menu. So its not a hard core MMO. You can even finish the entire game story line alone. I even beat the boss single handedly. (and I was under leveled with only 2 good items) So there isn't a real need for multi-player like some people say there is. (unless you want to play with friends) Expand
  100. Aug 9, 2013
    I wouldn't have given this game a 9 at launch, but I'ts gotten a lot better since launch and will continue to get better. It's your typical action rpg but mixed with mmo gameplay. I really enjoyed the story Probably my least favorite part about the game was the prices of costumes, but that in no way affects gameplay whatsoever. i've put at least 400 hours into this game and will continue to spend more. More content will come and this game is only going to get better. Launch was way rushed. Expand

1. Jul 28, 2013
    There's the hollow shell of a game. [Issue#137, p.116]
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Under-delivers on the promise of the licence. A middling action-RPG that you’d have to be a Marvel fan to love.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    At the end of the day, though, these few good points don’t make up for the flaws with what should be the most important elements of a game like this - the combat and the loot grind - and an overall lack of polish. Being free to play, you don’t lose out on anything but 15 odd gigabytes of your data cap if you want to give Marvel Heroes a go, but with that said, it’s hard to recommend this game over the other free to play lootfests that are around.