Marvel Heroes PC

6.7

1. Jun 6, 2013
    People have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost justPeople have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost just running around with random people killing everything on the screen, not even talking to them, just happily killing together. It's a refreshing experience, I would say AT LEAST try it! It's free! Expand
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    don't let the critic reviews done last June fool you. what started out as a poorly-optimized Diablo-wannabe is now an Action RPG legend in matter of 3 months, thanks to the 1.11 patch. while it is F2P, those who will be hooked to the game will be forced to pay extra for additional storage space, characters (unless one plays endlessly to collect Eternity Splinters), and costumes.

my only

my only concern is that the game is too utopian with gamers usually getting what they want from the programmers, constantly patching up the game for stronger characters. there's no distinction on who's more skilled in playing or build-making, just a bunch of players with cookie-cutter builds per character that kill enemies solely for the sake of rare items.
  3. Feb 21, 2014
    I am having a blast with this game, its free I chose the Colossus player and he simply destroys everything its so much fin seeing him fly into action and destroy everything on the screen. I have been playing this a lot on Steam, Lots of drops, lots of fun, if you like Diablo Torchlight top down, and Marvel then you need to play this game. I played back when it first went online in 2013 andI am having a blast with this game, its free I chose the Colossus player and he simply destroys everything its so much fin seeing him fly into action and destroy everything on the screen. I have been playing this a lot on Steam, Lots of drops, lots of fun, if you like Diablo Torchlight top down, and Marvel then you need to play this game. I played back when it first went online in 2013 and it was ok, the players you choose from did stink. But now they opened it up and there is like 10 you get to choose from. Of course I had to create a new account but I am enjoying it a lot. If you did play it its worth trying it out again. It is much better and they are constantly updating it and tweaking it. Loads of fun!!! You got nothing to lose its FREE!!!! I took one point off because of lack of customization. I like RPG's where you add a piece of armor and you can visually see your character change. In this game adding better levels of loot/armor only changes your stats. Expand
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    Good enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performanceGood enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performance example lagging but that is what i expect from games that are mmo. Perhaps this is savior for this genre after drastic failure of Diablo 3. Game actually has skill tree like old good Diablo 2 and skills have effect on game. Not like in in Diablo 3 one combination is best rest are crap. Expand
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    I have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. TheI have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. The loot is pretty good and the itemization is much better than D3 at launch and they are in the process of implementing new loot in the near future. This is a F2P game, so expect to spend money if you want a specific hero or costume right now... but all that content drops for free in game if you are lucky.

In conclusion, this is a F2P game that will be changing and improving as time goes on. If you love the Marvel license and Diablo, give it a shot... you have nothing to lose, but hours and hours of time due to addictino.
  6. Jun 6, 2013
    DONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights justDONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights just wont get how good this game is. Finally its Free-to-Play and whilst the prices you pay for getting heroes ahead of a drop may at first seem high. When you think you only need to pay $20 to play the character of your choice and never have to pay a penny again that represents really great value for money. Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2013
    I am one of those players who tried Marvel Heroes at launch and wrote it off pretty quickly as a poor Diablo clone coupled to a money-grabbing 'freemium' scheme.

However, I was seeing a little more buzz about it recently, nearly six months after its launch. I was resistant to even looking at what had changed, but got a code for $25 of in-game currency through a PC hardware promotion. I figured I would give it a shot since I would be able to play with more than the terrible 'starter' heroes.

Imagine my surprise to find that the game has gotten tremendous polish, and even those starter heroes were fun to run around with. The game as it exists now provides much more fun than I had even with Diablo III. THIS is the game that should have launched, but I think it needed the scrutiny of a few thousand active users to get to this point.

Loot is plentiful and, surprisingly, fun. Ever want to give Iron Man a grappling hook, or have Hulk summon demons to help him smash things up? You can do that. How about an item that lets Spider-Man shoot fireballs, or one that makes enemies flee in fear at the destruction wrought by the Punisher? It's in there. This is on top of the usual white/green/blue/purple/yellow/orange loot that Diablo and Torchlight players have come to know and love.

There is a system is in place to allow players to earn new heroes (rather than pay real money for them) and I was skeptical about how well that would work. But the required items (Eternity Splinters) drop very regularly as long as you are fighting enemies, and the game goes out of its way to point them out to you when they drop. Granted, you have to put in a bit of time to earn enough (around 30-40 hours for the cheaper heroes) but it's better than the horrible random token system they had in place at launch.

Gameplay has also been adjusted, and you actually feel like a super hero when playing. There are moments where I wish I was recording the game when playing as Iron Man, firing missiles, repulsor blasts and his trademark Unibeam at waves of oncoming Hydra soldiers or Hand ninjas. The terminal missions which pit you against hordes of upgraded goons, named unique enemies, and bosses is an absolute blast.

So if you, like me, wrote this game off as a poor attempt to cash in on the Marvel license, give it another shot. At launch, I would have given the game a 4 at best. As it stands today, it's a solid 8, teetering on a 9. It was an absolute joy to see how it had matured.
  8. May 31, 2014
    After a year I decided the check out the actual status of the game. They did a lot of improvements and the game is fun to play. If they overwork the item handling like stacking etc. will it become a 9/10
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    I love the fact that this is the first super heroe MMO that actually let's you play as your favorite super heroes! (DCUO pay attention) There needs to be a bit more characters but the game is a super polished barrel of Marvel fun.
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    If you like Marvel comics and you enjoyed Diablo 2 then this is a no brainer, the graphics are great and the overall story is classic Marvel. I am loving this game!
  11. Dec 11, 2013
    Excellent Game if you like Diablo style games.
    Marvel Heroes is the Marvel MMO that you have been waiting for! Play as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many more as they team up to try and stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube.
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    I played a good deal of the beta and have now played the actual game. The game is fun, easy to understand, and they make good use of the marvel characters they have with funny phrases and interactions. If this game was $60 I might still buy it but as it is free I see no reason not to try it out and enjoy it. The main mission progress is a bit short and the end game need some work, whichI played a good deal of the beta and have now played the actual game. The game is fun, easy to understand, and they make good use of the marvel characters they have with funny phrases and interactions. If this game was $60 I might still buy it but as it is free I see no reason not to try it out and enjoy it. The main mission progress is a bit short and the end game need some work, which they are working on, but again it is free so I think this can be forgiven. Expand
  13. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is great, very addictive and fun, the gameplay is just so good, the animations, the voice-over, the art, the heroes in special have unique abilities and gameplay, but what i most like about this game is that you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    Back in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half aBack in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half a million players. And in one week we'll be getting a brand new PvP gamemode. Can't wait! Expand
  15. Apr 2, 2014
    Superior ARPG now, yes it was released too soon, but has changed drastically since release, if they fix some annoying (not game breaking) bugs it would be a 10.
    9 good starter heroes now, check it out! Doctor Strange is the latest hero as of this review, and new Team Up heroes come out this week, great time to retry, or explore it for the first time.
    More game modes and large world now
    More game modes and large world now and more in the works.
    Next 3 heroes coming this year: Invisible Woman, Psylocke, and Mr. Fantastic.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun. The bosses are all unique and incredibly challenging. I don't think anyone will be able to complete this game without dying on their first try. I've died over 10 times already and im a pretty experienced gamer. So far I've only really played Cyclops and I'm having a blast. Each class is pretty unique and there is definitely a hero for everyone out there

Only

Only downsides to the game are the pricing model (everything seems to be incredibly expensive), the grind in between zones (however this is good if you like to explore everything), and the bugs/client problems.
  17. Jun 6, 2013
    Solid ARPG. Some slight balancing issues (Magneto is awful for some heroes), the pricing isn't very good, and the game is pretty short meaning nonstop daily farming or running alts. Gaz's does a good job addressing bugs in a timely manner.
  18. Jun 17, 2013
    I am a long time FPS gamer from the days of Quake, Doom, ROTT, Duke, etc. and I have never once been interested in trying out a Diablo style clone. That is until Marvel Heroes came along.

I'm a pretty big fan of Marvel and Storm has been one of my most favorite mutants since the 4 player X-Men widescreen arcade coin-op. I was happy to see her as a playable character and leveled her up to 25 before defeating the main story, Dr. Doom. I invested maybe a little over 20hrs into the game.. mainly because I was lost half the time. Overall I had a great experience with this title, especially considering that I paid NOTHING!

After defeating Dr. Doom I have little interest in continuing towards the end game as the story line is effectively complete at this point. I can see how vets of action/rpg give this game low marks as once you look past the cloak of the Marvel branding, this game is a bit flat.

I'm a fan of Marvel and a complete noob to this genre. Marvel Heroes was a great device to finally get me interested in action/rpg in the first place and I'm certain that Marvel Heroes will not be my last adventure into this foreign territory.
  19. Jun 6, 2013
    First, you can ignore anyone who says "This game suck because you must pay for x,y,z". These reviews are at best, silly. The game is FREE to play and it is A LOT of fun. I started with Daredevil (FREE) for a bit, then I played some Hawkeye (also FREE) and really enjoyed the casual action packed gaming. They have more FREE heroes than most ARPGS make you pay for. And it has 8First, you can ignore anyone who says "This game suck because you must pay for x,y,z". These reviews are at best, silly. The game is FREE to play and it is A LOT of fun. I started with Daredevil (FREE) for a bit, then I played some Hawkeye (also FREE) and really enjoyed the casual action packed gaming. They have more FREE heroes than most ARPGS make you pay for. And it has 8 Chapters to play through. Again, totally FREE. In short, I like it better than any other ARPG since Diablo II. And its the best F2P game to date.

I liked it so much, I gave them $20 and bought Black Panther, a costume and some XP boosts. Black Panther is ridiculously fun to play. I have played the game near to completion and I'm loving every minute.

True, it's not that hard to get through it and it is not as deep as some other ARPGs. But, the powers are excellently done. The loot is acceptable (not too jackpotish, not to stingy) You truly feel like you are playing a superhero. For example, with Black Panther his acrobatic moves are just like you would want them to be. He Front rolls over a mob stuns them, punches and kicks then does a back flip while throwing a knife, or leaving a bomb. Then tumbles back into the fight, jumps again, punch, punch, kick, flip kick, sweep kick, and finally a double punch to the throat to finish the job. Its fluid even under a heavy load.

I gave this game a solid 8. It does have room to grow and some of the pricing structure could be a little easier on the wallet, but this is a secondary concern. Try it. Play it. And if you do give them $20 for Thor, he won't let you down, he is a beast!
  20. Jun 3, 2016
    Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add anPlease add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Thank you. Expand
  21. Jun 12, 2013
    This is a great free to play game. But it is not really a great game to spend any money on. The combat is fun and interesting (I can actually use Daredevil's acrobatics to dodge major attacks and roll away from incoming bullets, for instance), the difficulty is casual, the crafting system is user-friendly and very useful without having to waste time farming anything, and if like me, youThis is a great free to play game. But it is not really a great game to spend any money on. The combat is fun and interesting (I can actually use Daredevil's acrobatics to dodge major attacks and roll away from incoming bullets, for instance), the difficulty is casual, the crafting system is user-friendly and very useful without having to waste time farming anything, and if like me, you like the Marvel universe, there's a lot to really love about this game.

The writing is really top-notch. I would not be surprised if I found out that actual comic writers worked on the script, because it's as good as you'll find anywhere. The animated cut scenes in comic book style are so well done that I actually looked forward to watching them, as opposed to furiously pressing the Esc key and hoping to skip them.

That said, the prices are kind of ridiculous. You have to pay $20 just to unlock several of the best characters, including Spiderman, Deadpool, and Iron Man. That's $20 each, not $20 for all three. Even less beloved characters like Rocket Raccoon cost at least $10-12 a piece. Then if you want to get one of the costumes, be prepared to spend another $10-20 per costume. I'm not sure Gazillion realizes this, but I would have spent $20-30 on this game if I felt like I would get more than two new characters, or one character and one costume out of it. As it is I probably will beat the game with my free Daredevil character and move on to something else. But I'm not paying $20 just to play as ONE character that I may not even like.

Anyway ultimately the entire game is free, there is no "pay-to-win" mechanic at all, you get 5 characters to choose from in the beginning and 2 more free heroes as you play through the game. For what it is, that deserves an 8. If you're interested, give it a try, make sure and give it about two hours so you can experience everything the game has to offer before deciding.
  22. Jun 4, 2013
    Really fun arpg. If you like marvel comics you should try this game. It needs somework in endgame, but its too soon to evaluate that.
    Every heroe plays quite diferent and the open maps with event its a nice change in this kind of games.
  23. Jul 16, 2013
    As a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who isAs a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the genre or the Marvel universe. Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game by far has everything I ever wanted in an ARPG. It has a huge open public world where you fight along side other players making the game even more dynamic. The game right now consist of 21 heroes (5 more will be released soon) that is more "classes" than any of the other ARPGs that has come out in recent years combined; giving this game an insane amount of replay value. Brevik mentions that their goal is to add new heroes hopefully at the pace of LoL, and they will continue to improve the game with constant updates for years to come.

Also, the endgame has a lot of potential right now even in its infancy you start out with daily missions and working your way up to group missions which are normally called "raids" in other mmo's. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brevik and company will come out with in the future.

Everything that I've written about is just the tip of the iceberg and not to mention this game is f2p! You can't beat that. So what are you waiting for? If you're an ARPG fan like I am I am pretty sure you'll find some kind of enjoyment out of this game. And even if your're not into ARPGs, it doesn't hurt to give this game a go. All it takes is a little bit of your time and you'll never know; you might be surprise on how good it is.
  25. Dec 30, 2013
    *UPDATED REVIEW*
    *UPDATED REVIEW*
    Overview: Gazillion has drastically improved this game since launch. It's got a dearth of content and events (finally), they actually lowered the prices on some characters (for real money) and allowing you to earn them without paying (using eternity splinters). They've added some new characters like Squirrel Girl Ghost Rider, Gambit and some others, with more on the way.

Pros: The combat is really good and you'll never be at a loss for loot. You can actually get characters without emptying your wallet. Way more content than at launch.
    Cons :The story is still super boring. I wish there was a little more depth to the crafting (that's more of a personal preference though).

It's way better than it was at launch. It's fun but make sure you get some friends to play with (or make some friends in game) as it can get lonely playing it solo.
  26. Jul 19, 2013
    When this game launched it earned its low scores; the prices were too high, the content too little, and even communication was at an all-time low. What a frackin difference 6 weeks makes. Since launch we have seen two sales, two xp/item find weekends (The second of which is going on as we speak 7-19-2013), serious patches that buff characters instead of nerfing them, two patches to addressWhen this game launched it earned its low scores; the prices were too high, the content too little, and even communication was at an all-time low. What a frackin difference 6 weeks makes. Since launch we have seen two sales, two xp/item find weekends (The second of which is going on as we speak 7-19-2013), serious patches that buff characters instead of nerfing them, two patches to address defense, a major percentage based defense fix incoming, xp buffs, a new tier of items to hunt (Cosmic Items), an increase in hero drop rates, and a permanent price cut to all items in the store. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not the Marvel Heroes you knew at launch.

To put it in perspective for all of us ARPG gamers, Gazillion Entertainment has made more fundamental changes to Marvel Heroes in 6 weeks than Blizzard made to Diablo 3 in over a year. Is Marvel Heroes perfect? Absolutely not, but when the average (non-streamer/non-media) gamer can sit down at their PC, and have a conversation with the lead developer about the state of the game and where it is headed, then you better be frackin sure that the game is headed that way. I don’t room to mention all the awesome they are putting into this game, but I need to add that itemization is not only be worked on, but it is a top priority for this team. That other game still hasn’t fixed itemization, and has stated they will not have it implemented until 2014.

I have not seen a single negative review that actually played through the entire game and gave it a fair shake. Almost every review says something so stupid that it completely outs the fact they didn’t bother playing it. Things like “The inventory is so small and I don’t have a portal to go back to town!”. Really? You didn’t even bother playing long enough to discover the body slider? I mean, I know it’s a new idea on portals…even though Diablo 3 has been using this system since it launched… and it’s available to you from level 1.

So, after all of this gushing over the game let me tell you what I don’t like about it. My biggest complaint has to be optimization. The game does not run well on mid-range systems, and the loading times are terrible even on an SSD

Also, patch times can be long (Yet lately they have been better, and coming in at under 3 hours downtime). In a world where studios like Grinding Gear Games and ArenaNet are cranking out very substantial patches (Big in content, yet tiny in actual byte size) by giving a 10 minute warning, and patching the game in a matter of minutes with nearly no downtime; Well, let’s just say Gazillion could really benefit from their example.

Retcons. My opinion on this is probably where I can be the most toxic. In Marvel Heroes many people have paid cash for their character. Why in the burning hells would you tell your customers that the character they paid for not only can never have their levels reset back to level 1 but that they have to pay cash to respec their build? People will argue that you get one free retcon from doing a quest. It’s one free per character, and is not repeatable. Well that is a great way to introduce the system; it is not a great way to encourage the experimenting with builds.

Have we not had flat out wars over silly specs for lulz? Battle Mage anyone? Charging cash for Retcons while restricting one’s ability to re-roll their character, does nothing but stifle experimentation. All those nerds (like myself, don’t get all offended) who would tell their friends about this awesome, yet completely unlikely build they created, now have nothing to say, because it will cost them $2.50 to respect their character.

Side Note: We do have a famous character called Punchclops, (Cyclops with a melee build). If Retcons were easily attainable (their drop rates suck) would we not have more Punchclops running around? Also, they have mentioned the possibility of re-rolling once you hit level cap, similar to the prestige system in that FPS game. I love it. But I would still prefer an option to flat out re-roll anytime, and unrestricted and on the cheap.

Notable mentions: There is a ton of interaction between the developers and the community members. The upcoming test server will provide us a chance to test The Human Torch, and the new upcoming content. Patches have been aggressive, and striking to the heart of what the community has been requesting. I’ve played a lot of online games, and I have never met a more devoted and attentive development team; they even pretend I don’t come off as semi-bipolar and overly critical of certain (retcons) game mechanics. Which is nice of them.

Stay Groovy
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is an Free-to-Play ARPG with MMO elements. It plays very similar to the Diablo and Torchlight series. The main issues with the game are lack of content and the pricing of heroes you wish to purchase. As of right now, the range varies from $10-20 per hero with the most popular being $20. You do, however, get to choose 1 of 5 heroes to start off with (Storm, Daredevil, Hawkeye,Marvel Heroes is an Free-to-Play ARPG with MMO elements. It plays very similar to the Diablo and Torchlight series. The main issues with the game are lack of content and the pricing of heroes you wish to purchase. As of right now, the range varies from $10-20 per hero with the most popular being $20. You do, however, get to choose 1 of 5 heroes to start off with (Storm, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Thing). After the prequel, you get a second Hero token from those five and a third starter hero after you complete the game.

The main storyline only gets you to about Level 25 by the end of it and that's assuming you complete every quest along the way and do a bit of exploring. The game itself is really fun, but at the end it leaves you wishing there were more to it. The "endgame" consists of doing Daily Missions which are essentially just running through the main storyline over again, except you skip to the last area before the boss. Each boss is stronger and now has an affix that gives them a random buff (Ignore Defense, Quick, Vertex Field, etc.) which makes them even harder to defeat. Unfortunately, the grinding can get a bit boring and level progression after you hit Level 30 is painfully slow. There is other endgame content such as group instances (raids), but I have not done any of them yet. Each raid allows you to have anywhere from 5 to 25 party members at a time. I have not personally been a part of it, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Another common criticism this game has is that a lot of people think that each melee/ranged/tank character is about the same with just a different skin. However, I would have to disagree with that. Although they may have similar roles, the way they are played feels a lot different. The statement is valid though since most characters for the most part feel the same early on, but once you level up and unlock more of their skills, you'll notice how each hero brings something different to the table.

Unfortunately though, unless you are willing to shell out a great deal of money for this F2P game, you will not be able to have much of a variety of characters to choose from since the rate at which hero tokens drop are very low.

Personally, my biggest gripe (aside from Hero pricing) is that the gear that you can get does not vary much and is very boring. Also, I feel like the stats don't necessarily get better at higher levels despite the rarity of the item. For example, I found a rare Level 12 piece of armor, but when I found another rare piece of armor of a significantly higher level, the amount of defense it gave was actually less than the Level 12 piece. I think it would have been nice if they had more than 4 tiers of rarity (common, uncommon, rare, and epic) and at least had a fifth tier for Legendary items, but there aren't any in this game. It would've been nice to have Set Items, but there is a lack of those as well.

I have put over 30 hours into the game leveling various heroes and think that this game can be worthwhile if you have a group of friends to play it with. Guilds are currently disabled, which is a bummer, but I think that once the functionality is put back into the game, it will be a lot better since it will be easier to find a group of people to play with. There are a lot of things that I think could be better, but overall I think that this game has the potential to be something great. If you are a Marvel fan and enjoy simple ARPGs, you'll probably enjoy this game. However, if you come into the game with the mindset that it will be like Path of Exile or Diablo III, you will be severely disappointed.
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    100 hours of play and I have left. After the improvements that have been little more than 1 month old, the game is very good and is fun, fun, maybe things missing but developers are taking it very seriously and are constantly improving it. And we can say that is better than diablo 3 xD
  29. Aug 7, 2013
    The game is very good, I've spent 100 hrs on it and I liked the process, but what is more important this game is getting better pretty fast. Developers are doing great job and I give them credit for it.
  30. Oct 14, 2013
    On its own, its an above average-to-good gaming experience, especially if you appreciate the Marvel lore. One has to wonder if Gazillion has a balancing nightmare on their hands, with so many heroes (and future heroes, due to the monetization system) that each have their own playing characteristics and iterations of re-balancing, along with mob re-balancing, that Gazillion is faced with aOn its own, its an above average-to-good gaming experience, especially if you appreciate the Marvel lore. One has to wonder if Gazillion has a balancing nightmare on their hands, with so many heroes (and future heroes, due to the monetization system) that each have their own playing characteristics and iterations of re-balancing, along with mob re-balancing, that Gazillion is faced with a perpetual "wack-a-mole" situation. With that in mind, I understand that making and balancing games is hard, especially one built on the premise of playing a large number of Marvel heroes. As a fan, we'll just have to be understanding and roll with the punches until a happy medium can be found. The trade off is that we get to experience an ARPG with a variety of playing styles, more so than any other ARPG that the market provides.

In a way it reminds me of the old City of Heroes: for all its perceived flaws and balancing issues, it was an incredibly fun game to play for the variety of experiences it offered. The challenge for Gazillion is to keep adding more player experiences beyond the obvious "try a new hero" method. The starting story mode with its production value was pleasing, and I hope more of this kind of thing is added in the future.

If offers a lot for free.
  31. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has more potential and passion behind it then any other ARPG on the market. Although it is pretty rough now, devs are working on improving the game like crazy. I believe that in a year or so this game is gonna be one of the best ARPG ever made.
  32. Jun 18, 2013
    free2play diablo style (better than diablo3 imho, like gameplay)
    - the big world of Marvel can become this game awesome with the future dlc/expansions
    - you start with few free heroes, some people blame the price of the heroes..yes,it's true,that is a bit high..BUT..heroes and skins can be dropped, and i think that this kind of loot is the best of all loot in other world mmo!!! - i
    free2play diablo style (better than diablo3 imho, like gameplay)
    - i have found some things to improve, support me in this thread to make the game better:

33. Jan 15, 2014
    First off I want to mention that I played this game and beta and played for a good 120 hrs after it released. At launch this game was pretty rough i won't lie. The system for obtaining new heroes left a lot to be desired if you didn't want to P2W. I came back to this game in late November and have not been able to put it down since and this considering I own both next gen systems this isFirst off I want to mention that I played this game and beta and played for a good 120 hrs after it released. At launch this game was pretty rough i won't lie. The system for obtaining new heroes left a lot to be desired if you didn't want to P2W. I came back to this game in late November and have not been able to put it down since and this considering I own both next gen systems this is really saying something. Since I stopped playing in August they have added, Emma Frost, Squirrel Girl, Luke Cage, Human Torch, Loki, and Ghost Rider as playable Heroes with Nightcrawler dropping at the end of this month. The biggest difference with the game now is that they have a system in place where you can earn any hero you want for free with in game loot called eternity splinters. No longer do you have to hope and pray for a hero token to drop as loot and then be disappointed by getting someone you didn't want in the first place. It is possible to play as every hero in the game without every spending a single penny. With the big 2.0 update they also added an entire new chapter to the story which takes place in Asgard and features the addition of legendary items you can buy with loot called odin marks. These legendary items provide amazing buffs for whatever hero you put them on and the artifact actually levels its stats as you your character does. They also now have several very cool end game modes such as green and red terminal daily missions which are basically boss levels from the story, a very addicting survival mode called X-Defense, and a PVP arena called Fire and Ice. Since returning to the game I have logged another 150 hrs into it and have not regretted a second of it. The only items you really have to pay for with money are costumes (which are completely aesthetic) and additional storage space called STASH tabs. There is still a chance for extra costumes to drop as loot in the game but it is very very rare, last I heard it was a half of 1% chance. You can also obtain a handful of costumes from opening fortune cards but overall costumes seem to be the way that Gazillion make their money and keep the lights on. I spent $40 on the game only because I felt the devs deserved it for doing a complete 180 with this game and correcting just about everything that was wrong in the first place. As I stated before you absolutely don't have to spend any money on this game to enjoy it, and it is in no way pay 2 win. The development team is also very active on the official forums on their website and really do listen to the community as a number of costumes requested by the players have made it into the game. Lastly there is a slew of amazing content on the way this year as they plan to add at least 12 new playable characters (including villians), an all new raid mode, and an X-men inspired Danger Room. If you haven't played this game yet or left the game after its rough launch do yourself a favor and download it again being a F2P game you have absolutely nothing to lose. If your a fan of Marvel you will fall in love with this title. Expand
  34. Mar 4, 2014
    Good Hero selection with more being added.
    The game is fun to play, As long as you pick a decent hero, some heroes SUCK (especially most melee ones) and are not balanced but others are fun, some are overpowered (like Iron man and Storm).
    The game itself needs to be a bit more difficulty (story mode and terminals specifically are to easy including cosmic). 1 Big downside is the lack
    Good Hero selection with more being added.

1 Big downside is the lack of bank space when starting (not paying for any) is extremely limited considering the amount of things you will want to save up for later especially when talking about having multiple characters.
  35. Sep 17, 2013
    yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters,yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters, cosmic items, specials etc.

you don't have to be a marvel fan to love this game and the fact its 100% free too boot rates it 10/10, the only costs involved are if you don't want to work to unlock additional characters otherwise its a great F2P.
  36. Sep 21, 2014
    I recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which areI recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which are survival waves and an open area with events that spawn every few minutes and random spawning packs mobs, a good handful of hub areas to chill out in, a raid zone, weekly events with special items and bonuses, 2 short story areas, and more coming.

Not to mention 38 heroes (at the time of writing) with more on the way already announced. There are also LOTS of villains to fight and many will soon be playable!

This game plays like an action RPG similar to a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest game, but with marvel heroes and super hero powers.

It's free to play, but there are a lot of micro-transactions. Thankfully, you can get most of the things free using in game currency like new heroes and team ups. The one thing you may end up spending cash on is to increase your storage space. You get on box/page for free plus what your hero and hold and some space for your team up (even if you don't have a team up you can still use their inventory space). But if you play for a while you'll probably end up wanting more to hold all your phat loot :).

Graphics are nice, some of the ability effects are really crazy - great eye candy, while some of the environment are a bit mediocre the new content looks really amazing (Odin's Palace is beautiful). The character voices are amazing - really well done and the concessional interactions with other characters is often hilarios - for example sometimes when Rocket Racoon gets near Iron Man hes says something like "Do you think I could get on of those in my size?" and Cyclops will ask "Staying out of trouble Gambit? Didn't think so." Makes the characters feel more lifelike.

Anyways give it a shot, lots of fun - don't let the old reviews spoil it, this game is amazing.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, but there is one thing atm, u need to play alot in your head I know the gameplay of different heroes is often the same, but when im playing as Iron Man, in my head im Iron Man, with powerful armor on me and reactor on my chest, when im playing as Hawkeye, im deadly and precise.
    Gazillion Entertainment releases big patches once per week, so im waiting about
    Gazillion Entertainment releases big patches once per week, so im waiting about one month and give this game a chance for being better and bigger. But now, im giving 9 for about 90 hours spent as Iron Man in this great universe.
  38. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel heroes a game recently released by Gazillion Entertainment and is being sold us an APRG plus MMO.

Before people dive into this game it is important to understand this game is Free to Play. That means you can play the entire game without having to spend a dime. If you op for this route, you have the option to play as 1 of the 5 starter heroes and will be given 2 additional starter heroes after you beat the first quest and the last quest. However, if you want to get one of other heroes like Iron Man, Hulk or Ms Marvel, you can either buy them off the shop or wait for them to drop randomly in game. Currently the prices for heroes in my opinion are a bit overpirced but recent communication between the Developers and the community has started giving me hope that the prices will be readjusted.

In terms of the game play itself, I personally believe someone will have a lot of fun if they enjoy playing as their favourite Marvel Hero and destroying things left and right. Each hero has specific abilites and all of them each have 3 skill trees that allow for one hero to be played in different ways. However, the idea of having skill trees may be nice but certain heroes currently have very imbalanced abilities making it feel like there can only be one build for the hero. Hopefully the Devs can figure these things out and come up with a solution ASAP.

My current problem with the game is the lack of content it has with Endgame. Most games that are called MMOs and ARPGS usually have a few things that give players something to continue to play after Endgame such as Legendary loot, replaying story through higher difficulties, epic group events and Player vs Player. Currently there is group events and PVP but the quality in both these areas is lacking. Epic group events in this game revolve around either doing a form of horde based game mode involving 15 players or you can be in a group of 5 and turn of portals called Rifts. The idea works is solid but the map variety as well as the inability to find groups makes doing these events solo.

There is no denying Marvel Heroes was released too early and would have benefited from more beta tests. However, here we are and so far I am really enjoying the game play. If Gazillion can make some of the changes listed than the game will be a lot better. Currently if your looking to try new games, definitely give Marvel Heroes a go
  39. Jun 18, 2013
    Its not bad, pretty fun and for free. Not sure what the complaints are really about. Its free and fun.
    I think it had a better than average launch especially taking into account all the AAA rating Paying games disasters and bugs.
    It can only get better as they add new free content and iron out some price wrinkles.
  40. Jun 11, 2013
    Very enjoyable, I purchased the $200 founder pack and find it to be worth every penny. However if you try to play this as just a free to play game it's a terrible game.
  41. Jun 6, 2014
    this game is amazing the dev team is one of the best they are always updating the game, events happen like every weekend and they always do free giveaways ive put over 1000 hours into this game and i still enjoy every min of it i give it a 10/10 great job dev team keep up the good work
  42. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is a ton of fun. It a terribly rocky launch but things are smooth now. It still has bugs though but that's common with launches. They should be ironed out soon. Every character is a blast to play and after beating the main missions the end game content will keep you coming back for more. I'm not much of PVPer so you'll have to check another review for that. Right now the game isThis game is a ton of fun. It a terribly rocky launch but things are smooth now. It still has bugs though but that's common with launches. They should be ironed out soon. Every character is a blast to play and after beating the main missions the end game content will keep you coming back for more. I'm not much of PVPer so you'll have to check another review for that. Right now the game is a 7 out 10 with potential to be a 9 or 10 once everything is more balanced and the bugs are gone. Expand
  43. Jun 4, 2013
    The game has its flaws but is alot of fun.

The game has its flaws but is alot of fun.

Alot of people complain about the limited number of heroes (currently 21, soon to be 26), but each hero is so unique and fun to play that it really becomes a non issue. Plus you can build each hero in different ways and wear different costumes, so you never really feel like a clone, and even if you did, smashing everything up as the hulk is just too much fun to be legal.

If you are on the fence about the game, it's free. Ignore the haters, pick any of the starter heroes and watch your time dissapear. You won't regret it.
  44. Jun 4, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is one of those rare titles that is completely Free to Play. If you want to play as your favorite hero immediately, and they are not one of the 5 free starter-heroes, you can buy them immediately in the store or wait for them to drop in game.

The game is hugely influenced by Diablo 2, which makes sense consider David Brevik is the president of Gazillion Entertainment, the studio responsible for Marvel Heroes. If you like diverse builds, scavenging for rare loot, and epic boss battles, then there is no reason not to give this game a try, especially since it is free.

It is true that the Founder's Pack launch was a little rough, but Gazillion has already made up for that in bounds with compensation, where other companies would have said, "deal with it."

I can honestly say that I will be playing this game for years to come, and the developers appear to be more than willing to support longevity with content updates and additional characters. Every character added constitutes a new class, which means the game is launching with 20+ classes! That is insane!
  45. Jun 4, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is is what diablo should have been.

Marvel Heroes is is what diablo should have been.

That being said, there is room for improvements, but they already designed that into the game. Unlike diablo, MH has the MMO influence. So not only will new heroes be released, but new content will be released. There are already five other heroes that have been announced for future release. Since each hero presents a different play flavor, the game has great replay value.

One reviewer stated the game has only 20 hours of content. I cannot disagree more. Yesterday I played for twelve hours and only have my hero up to level 14. I'm pretty sure I won't finish the storyline in another eight hours since I haven't hit the halfway point yet. However, I'm a person who like to open up a map completely before moving on. I can imagine someone who races toward the endgame and doesn't know how to enjoy the content could do it in less time, but it's at their loss. While this is the players choice, complaining about their choices isn't the fault of the game.

Since the game is F2P, no has to ever purchase anything in the store....ever. Everything in the store can be obtained as loot drops in the game from heroes to costumes to respec devices to pets. So complaining about store prices is a moot point. If one doesn't like them, don't purchase them. It is interesting to note that the reviewers complaining about content are also complaining about store prices; I assume this is the $2win mentality, which I think is pretty worthless.

Since MH has an MMO influence, daily missions at endgame are to be expected. MH has put in three levels of this content starting today at launch. In addition, they have added content, which would accurately be called a raid in an MMO. Additionally, there is PvP for those who enjoy that mess.

The reviewer who states he paid $80 for four heroes and eight costumes is misrepresenting the cost, which was $60. Keep in mind $60 is the going price for a game today, and this isn't a necessary expenditure to play. Also, no particular hero is core content and costumes certainly are not core content. There are five heroes from which the player gets to choose one for free to begin (Personally, I enjoy Scarlet Witch, but the others are fun to play, too). Each hero comes with a costume at start; others can be purchased or received as loot drops. Naming these as "core" content is nothing short of a lie.

Unfortunately, during the last patch (not counting the one from today), quite a few bugs have been reintroduced into the game. However, this is good, as it were, because almost all of them were removed previously so they won't be around long. Some issues arose during early access that either were resolved or still in the process as top priority for the company and the bugs are a part of it. However, with the patch today, many; but not all; of the bugs have been addressed. However, in over 15 years of online gaming, I have yet to see a bug-free launch. So some headaches are to be expected.

There are some inventory issues that some would expound negatively on, such as crafting materials lack of stacking. It has already been announced that crafting mats will eventually stack, but it will be sometime after launch. Also, crafting mats can be and will need to be upgraded; so combining mats saves space. Medkits stack to ten and healing is each person's endeavor; so I carry around 50 of them at any given time. Hero inventory contains 48 slots, but there is extra inventory available. One general tab is open with two others purchasable, as well as 3 crafting tabs, and one tab for each hero. Purchased heroes come with unlocked tabs. Each tab holds 48 items as well. So you start with 96 slots (possibly 144; not sure if the starting hero's tab is open) and can open up somewhere well over 1000 of them. Although, numerous trips to sell are necessary at the moment, any complaints about inventory space are really based on laziness. Each trip to the vendors ultimately result in increased vendor and crafting levels, allowing better gear purchases and more crafting recipes opening up. So even in the interruptions to battle, there is progress made.

For those who are giving poor review--especially when they haven't even played the game yet--I'm not sure what to say. Perhaps playing the game will bring one to an opinion which is more accurate.
  46. Jun 4, 2013
    I have played since closed beta and I have to say I really enjoy this game. The early access was a little rough, but things seem to have been sorted out and they are working out the final bugs pretty quickly.

The gameplay is a ton of fun. There is open world zones with many players, group bosses & missions. There is also group/solo instances, crafting & an actual endgame. I have

I have played all of the Diablo games, Torchlight & Titan Quest and I really think this is one of the best ARPG games out. Also, the game is free to play so if you enjoy this kind of game there is no reason not to try it out.
  47. Jun 4, 2013
    First off all, this game is getting a lot of heat because people can't read. It doesn't release until 10AM PDT today. Just letting people know.

Secondly: This game is fun. I know, that is subjective and depends one what people like, but at the base of it, kicking bad guys into the air and watching their ragdoll bodies do back-flips is just one of the great things about this game.

Secondly: This game is fun.

I know, that is subjective and depends one what people like, but at the base of it, kicking bad guys into the air and watching their ragdoll bodies do back-flips is just one of the great things about this game. There's tons of actions, interesting fights against a wide variety of enemies. Funny one-liner quips from the heroes and minions alike. A HUGE variety of heroes with individual power-set and a simple control system that I wasn't used to at first but now enjoy quite a bit.

This is not a complex game. This is a smash-things-up and hang out with your friends game. It has the spirit of Diablo 2 and that game was some of the best multiplayer of its day.

...and its Free to play. Always a plus.
  48. Jun 4, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun. It's taking a little bit to get the kinks out, but a licensed rpg can be a real pain to balance. The heroes all feel unique and the game does an amazing job staying true to marvel lore.
    There were issues with early launch but gaz stepped up and is offering compensation. I have no regrets about purchasing characters and would recomend this game to any arpg or comic fans out there.
  49. Sep 7, 2013
    I want to update my previous review score of a six up to nine with the new 1.2 patch now being live. From launch to now the game has improved dramatically. Heroes feel much more fun an heroic. Defense has been overhauled. There are now multiple difficulties of the story along with the end game mission terminals. They have added some interesting loot options, most recently unique itemsI want to update my previous review score of a six up to nine with the new 1.2 patch now being live. From launch to now the game has improved dramatically. Heroes feel much more fun an heroic. Defense has been overhauled. There are now multiple difficulties of the story along with the end game mission terminals. They have added some interesting loot options, most recently unique items for each hero and a new type of item slot. There is now a far more reliable way to earn heroes/upgrades to your ultimate ability. I'm sure there are even more upgrades I love that i am forgetting, but this at least scratches the surface. Expand
  50. Jun 5, 2013
    Its a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot ofIts a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot of playable heroes for the game. The game's offer a lot of fun. For a free to play game it is definetly worth a try. Expand
  51. Jun 7, 2013
    Solid ARPG. Game definitely needs some work but the potential is there.

End game and PVP are somewhat lacking right now. But having 20+ heroes makes up for that.
  52. Jun 6, 2013
    Simply a great ARPG with cool Marvel Heroes, good power trees, and a fun loot game. The public zones have shared quests that combine the Diablo-like mechanic with indie games like Realm of the Mad God. It has a cash shop, but EVERYTHING in there also drops in game so it rewards play time as much as cash.
  53. Jun 6, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is a great game. Definitely recommended to all fans of Marvel Comics. It is free to play though access to content and heroes other than the standard five (Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, The Thing, Storm, and Hawkeye) does come at an additional cost. Although it is a multi-player game, you can also play it solo with regards to the game's story aspect.--of course ganging up onMarvel Heroes is a great game. Definitely recommended to all fans of Marvel Comics. It is free to play though access to content and heroes other than the standard five (Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, The Thing, Storm, and Hawkeye) does come at an additional cost. Although it is a multi-player game, you can also play it solo with regards to the game's story aspect.--of course ganging up on event bosses with other players is loads of fun. There are bugs in the game but being this early into launch it is to be expected. For those like me who bought "Ultimate" and "Premium" content packages before launch, Marvel Heroes has promised compensation for any lost game time due to bugs--they just have an overwhelming queue of support tickets to go through. Having dealt with their customer support in the past I have no doubt that they will deliver on this promise. All in all I feel I've gotten my money's worth so far from my "Ultimate" package, though it is still much too early to gauge any long-term satisfaction. I can't predict the future but I do believe Marvel Heroes will endure past its naysayers. Expand
  54. Jul 20, 2013
  55. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is the best ARPG I've played. While it initially had a rough launch, they constantly update, reiterate, and add in more story, characters, levels, bonuses and loot. The game is incredibly fun, fast, exciting, and addicting. While I wish people would go back and rereview games (all multiplayer games once they come out over a period of time), that sadly isn't the culture inThis game is the best ARPG I've played. While it initially had a rough launch, they constantly update, reiterate, and add in more story, characters, levels, bonuses and loot. The game is incredibly fun, fast, exciting, and addicting. While I wish people would go back and rereview games (all multiplayer games once they come out over a period of time), that sadly isn't the culture in which the "gaming journalism" is in. Regardless, it's free, they changed the starter heroes to an amazing roster, you can play completely free and only pay for costumes if you want (or they drop as well so you don't really need to pay). and see you in game! Expand
  56. Jun 9, 2013
    I dont get the people that say its a bad game. The game is free first of all and yes if you want to play the cool heroes than you have the option to pay for it. But.. you also can play and get the heroes by defeating the bad guy`s. I got after playing 4 hours allready 2 heroes and 1 costume. The game is not to difficult but thats what i like about this game. I can come home after work andI dont get the people that say its a bad game. The game is free first of all and yes if you want to play the cool heroes than you have the option to pay for it. But.. you also can play and get the heroes by defeating the bad guy`s. I got after playing 4 hours allready 2 heroes and 1 costume. The game is not to difficult but thats what i like about this game. I can come home after work and do a chapter and get some nice stuff. The voice acting is good en also the cut scene`s. The studio is fixing alot of bugs after the launch so they are doing a great job. I will give this game a 8 but now that people are bashing this game i give it a 10 for a good average. Expand
  57. Jun 9, 2013
    I'm so into this game. I bought the UP, so I got pretty much all content(cost $200). And I think it's worth every penny. I'm at endgame, and yes it's a grind feast like D2. But it got many "classes" or heroes you can play(which offer a huge variety). It hasn't been a game since WoW that has captured me like this. I think about playing when at work, I've recruited 5-6 people to play withI'm so into this game. I bought the UP, so I got pretty much all content(cost $200). And I think it's worth every penny. I'm at endgame, and yes it's a grind feast like D2. But it got many "classes" or heroes you can play(which offer a huge variety). It hasn't been a game since WoW that has captured me like this. I think about playing when at work, I've recruited 5-6 people to play with me, all of those which are F2P, and one that bought a starter pack. I'm always watching over the forums for good posts and builds, experience and helping people out with the game. Seems like a good community, except for the whiners that think a FREE game is too much. If you like the game, you should support it and buy a hero of you liking. Giving it a whooping 9/10. The game has some bugs and need more MMO elements for it to be a proper MMO, the end game is basically lobby and instance. There are no way of trading secure, no auction house, currently no guilds, no mail-system and the chat system isn't very good. Also for F2P players they claim the prices for heroes and costumes are expensive. The game is very promising, and will be super in the future, I've been in beta and the developers are actually listening to the community! Expand
  58. Jun 10, 2013
    This game is awesome, great characters roster, good graphics and special effect, the only arpg with mmo component, i play it with some friends and we enjoy it so mutch.
  59. Jun 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you like Marvel comics and you like Diablo (Diablo 2 to be exact) and want to play a free game, this is it. However, if you are expecting anything more you need to pay for that.

F2P you have a handful of heroes to choose from. Hawkeye, Thing, Scarlet Witch, Storm and Daredevil. Each with a different play style which roughly matches 3 or 4 other heroes in the game (ie Thing plays a lot like Colossus and Hulk, Daredevil plays a lot like Wolverine, etc). If you want to play your favorite hero and they are on the list, you pay for that or hope beyond hope that you find that hero during your travels which so far is highly unlikely.

Play style is Diablo/ Torchlight type. You click to move, wander around a map and splatter dozens of enemies that mob you when they see you for loot. Graphics are pretty decent, you can zoom in and see some detail but I found playing like that nearly impossible. Loot is simple, green to blue to purple rarity each usually randomized drops primarily for whatever hero you are playing. Side quests are pretty straightforward, 3 'elites' and another mob associated with the 'story' of wherever you are (robbery interrupted, police aid, evil ninja dojo destruction, etc).

For F2P, this game is great. You can pick one of the 5 heroes and go to town for hours IF you enjoy Diablo play style. If not, this will take up maybe ten hours of your day and you can move along, dont worry its free. Now if you want to pay for a character or a costume or an upgrade of some kind you can, each hero has a few costumes and there are something like fifteen heroes to choose from. So for the price of an indie game off Steam you can play Wolverine in his Patch costume.

I really like the idea of this game. No messing around, play one of these for free or support the game if you want to play your favorite hero. I think people expected a lot more from this game but it is a F2P hack and slash. Yes if you want to play another character you have to pay. yes if you want more space in your bank you have to pay. Yes if you want to have Jean Gray dress in a bootie costume you have to pay. Or dont.

What rocks:

Free. Unless youre picky then.. cheap.

The characters, their moves, their colors, their voices and snarky comments, all made of win. Hulk is near someone playing the Thing and yells (audibly) 'You want to go another round Grimm?! Anytime! Any place!'

I love Marvel comics and havent seen a decent Marvel hero based game.. well ever. This is the first. I play through and honestly want to go back and read my heroes story again.

The few drawbacks for me were these:

I play Wolverine.. So does someone else. I hate seeing multiple heroes, it messes with my comic book world. I should be the only Wolverine! Alas, what can be done. I do enjoy the army of Hawkeyes in all their purple glory volleying hundreds of arrows while I am in slashing away though.

Starting up an account and having an account name without special characters that someone hasnt taken is really a daunting challenge. It took me thirty minutes to get a name that I didnt mind that hadnt been taken.

There is a lot of vanilla in the game that I hope gets changed around. The crafting system is a little dry and a little useless at times, the gearing seems a little slow and sometimes its hard to find something that will work right for your hero. There is little to no end game content to speak of.

All in all, I hope there are some updates to make the game a little less jerky in parts. Update the mapping, build out the side quests, add more heroes (Magik please!). Time will tell but as a F2P, it will be on my rig until I need space.
  60. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is still young but the game is remarkable when it came out. Almost all the Heroes are balanced. Most of the heroes are fun to play with the story line is interesting. The lag can be annoying but the game play is awesome. All I just want Marvel Heroes to do is keep making more content and events to make game play even more exciting.
  61. Jun 13, 2013
    The game has some rough edges that I hope will be resolved in the near future. In the meantime, I am having fun playing as some of my favorite Marvel heroes.
  62. Jun 13, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. The devs have done a fantastic job of rolling out the bug fixes and character balancing changes on a regular basis, and every hero I've tried is fun in it's own way.

This game is made by David Brevik himself (he created Diablo 1 and 2) so it is VERY similar to Diablo 2. If you like Diablo, and you like Marvel, this game is for you. A lot of the criticism I've read so far is people who don't like things that were in Diablo 2, like the terrible grind to 99. The level cap for this game is 60, but it's the type of game that is not about being level 60, it's about finding gear (and new heroes, they are an in game drop too).

The main story is basically the "normal" mode and then they have mission terminals that allow you to replay the dungeons in "nightmare", "hell", or "Inferno" mode basically. They also have one survival challenge type of mission that is by far my favorite. You and 14 other players team up (the system auto groups you so you don't need to find a party) and you fight 7 waves of enemies and then a boss. It's very challenging and very rewarding (tons of exp, loot, and the best boss drops).

There's so much I could say about this game, but I'll leave it at this: If you want an ARPG like Diablo 2 then this game is for you. If you want an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, then this game will not meet your expectations.
  63. Jun 18, 2013
    Dont be fooled by the Free to Play. Treat it more as a demo before you start purchasing to have a more fulfilling game. The storage will be a problem once you have the 3 free characters as they all share the same storage and inventory. Certain items are not made unstackable either just to eat up this storage space.

Storyline is not much and you will feel disconnected from it as it is

Storyline is not much and you will feel disconnected from it as it is just a sequence of comics which is the same for everyone and all heroes.

Good clean graphics but really sub par by today standards in both graphics and features. Surely play it if you are a marvel fan
  64. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is really fun and powerful. Furthermore. Marvel Heroes excel in quality.
    To me, Marvel Heroes just by being able to play is an honor.
    plainly, MH is similar to Diablo. but Marvel Heroes is far more powerful than Diablo.
    Ordinary person as well as MH's fan will love Marvel Heroes.
  65. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is not bad at all.
    If you like Marvel Comics or Diablo, this is the best game for you.
    This is really great representation of heroes. In addition, background and object description is excellent.
    These features will suffice.
    JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  66. Jun 15, 2013
    Wow, I didn't even expected time goes so quick with this game.
    Marvel Heroes is really interesting and fresh game I've ever done.
    I am so excited what's going to happen in marvel Heroes.
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    I'm honored to play this game with Marvel Heroes.
    i'm very happy to defeat enemies and villain. it's really fun.
    In my view, one of Marvel Heroes's strong points is endless vision that they will make.
    Marvel Heroes is best game to me.
  68. Jun 22, 2013
    A good game. This game didn't have the best of launches but has gotten better through the patches. It has a similar kind of gameplay to Diablo 3 & 2, but fun nevertheless. It still has bugs when you play it,some of them small and some of them big. The heroes are a blast to play with and the quests are fun right up to the side quests as well (which do sometimes, impact your hero).

In the

In the end, it is a fun and enjoyable game. The only major problem I have with this game is the amount of money, you have to pay to get a hero and its costumes. Other than this, like i said before it is a good game.
  69. Jun 20, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is one of the best H & S style Diablo and Torch Light, is completely free. Beautiful graphics, great physics, and most importantly, fun to play, with a good end game. Recommended
  70. Jun 21, 2013
    I'm korea Marvel Heroes user in steam and i playing Hulk (level 40).
    I came here for the first time to review about Marvel Heroes.
    I think this game is pretty interesting. game graphic is perfect for me. in addition, using skill is very fun.
    Now, i enjoying Marvel Heroes with friends. also, all of them like Marvel Heroes.
  71. Jun 21, 2013
    I've played this game now for more then a month and am currently at lvl 45 (level cap 60), I must say that I'm in love with this game. I've played Diablo 3 a ton when it first came out, but after a few weeks it got really boring.

The things I personally like are the fact that even when you complete the story you can simple reply certain parts of the story or do daily missions and challenges, also there is PvP and that's still being improved. Also I love that there are multiplayer zones where you can talk to people and just play together instead of making a group. Guild are in the game and are just perfect. The choice of heroes is fine and it's always fun to switch hero on the fly. The costumes give you that extra thing that other games don't have.

Conclusion, this game has a lot more to offer then other games in the same genre, more features getting added on a regular basis.
  72. Jun 21, 2013
    This is my first visit to Review about Marvel Heroes.

First, Have Fun with Marvel Heroes?
    Absolutely. M.H is very exiting game. M.H is marked by heroes strong individuality. So playing various hero is fun.
    Secondly, Excel in graphic?
    To me, M'H's graphic looks good and attractive. Not the highest, but the best.
    Consequently,
    I think Marvel Heroes is definitely interesting game.
  73. Jun 22, 2013
    THIS IS SO HOT GAME.
    I am really fun to play Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes was in succession to Diablo's strength. inherited very well. and Heroes quality is so delicate. also Background and Object is well described..
  74. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is chime with Diablo2. but Marvel Heroes is head and shoulders above Diablo2.

Graphic is very tidy and delicate. so using Heroes's skill is very powerful.
    Also, various costume of heroes and diverse options of item make Marvel Heroes more fun.
  75. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is not yet completed. but M.H has a great potential to be on the any table around world.
    M.H's quality is good and Story is good enough to whet user's curiosity.

I hope that Marvel Heroes keep the support.
  76. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Comics, Marvel Movie, and Marvel Heroes. All is really fun.

But i think Marvel Heroes have to develop more and more. now Marvel Heroes is fun and not bad.
    Also, I'm satisfied with Marvel Heroes. but impact is too weak.
    This game is perfect for Marvel Heroes's fan. but not All.
  77. Jun 27, 2013
    I played Marvel Heroes about 100hr. i don't think this game is awesome or fantastic. but this game is a featured Marvel Comics heroes and have a novel story. so Marvel Heroes has a clear feature. all have to understand it.
    Clearly, this game peculiarity is obvious. This peculiarity make a fun game.
    Marvel Heroes keep peculiarity.
  78. Jul 10, 2013
    This game Is Really Good After Like 10 minutes I got hooked Because Of 1# Awesome Story Line #2 Combat system Is very smooth #3 Lots of characters Too choose from! (NOT AT THE START OF THE GAME!). This game might not be as good as most titles out there but its still a game worth trying out.
  79. Jul 11, 2013
    This game is really fun to play and graphics is nice. Game play is good for me to relax after working hard. I think this is a good game fo everyone. But I think there should be more characters in MH. And we need stat points besides skill points for a hack and slash game
  80. Nov 4, 2013
    Game has steadily improved since a badly received launch. A lot of the 1's and 0's over the last week all come from the same guy who was banned from the game and has a vendetta. "StoneOrc" "GreenArrow" same name formatting, new user.

It's by no means perfect but the developers are vocal and constantly iterating on stuff based on player feedback. The game is patched monthly with

The game is patched monthly with content, features and balance tuning, you can acquire any of the heroes(classes) through just playing the game. Games that are cash grabs do NOT do this, they abandon the product at launch and fall silent.

Do yourself a favour and play the game and judge for yourself.
  81. Jul 19, 2013
    you know what, despite of the rocky launch, this is the only game i have ever played where the developers actually listen to the players and give back 110% to improves the game, constantly.

Sure you might say they are money hungry company, but what kind of company that is being in business for not making profits? they need to bring home the bacon too. Just from the start, i see how

Just from the start, i see how the game getting fix left and right and the fixes is constant, not to say its broken and it need fixing, some of this are actually an improvement to the game. they constantly fixing the balancing issues, the defensive issues, way more better itemization, end game issues, and even asking the community on feedback regarding the animation of the game. They are giving us the chance to help them makes the game that we want and will loves.

the developer said over and over that their commitment is long term regarding this game and they have been proving it weeks to weeks. So props to gazillion regarding this, their efforts is outstanding.

the game itself is really fun which is really surprising, knowing the bad launch review. I'm glad that i gave this game a shot. I never really a big marvel fan, so i played this game because i love ARPG game, and i love grinding. some reason this game manage to gives goals to mindless grinding and gives the players a rewarding experience from the time put into the game.

I would rate the game as where it is now maybe 8 9 scores wise, since in any way the game still in progress for getting better, but due to the efforts that i see and experienced from the developer, I'm giving this game a 10/10

and please don't judge the book by it's cover, play the game first and then makes that judgement, you don't have to pay any money at all if you want to start playing this game. its Free to play. I have unlocked 8 heroes so far, and i only started with one free hero, this is game is that rewarding.
  82. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game that is only getting better. An Altaholic's dream. The developers are do a great job interacting with the community and implement improvements based on feedback very well.
  83. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes a game that shows great promise with a team of developers that listen to its community. The constant changes based on actual player feedback makes this game almost player ran. While it may currently be in a beta stage there is already promises of brand new content, heroes, and changes that will make every comic fan scream with joy.
  84. Jul 19, 2013
    I've been playing the game since release and I'm having a good time with it so far. Most of the criticisms of the game are valid, but Gazillion has already addressed some of them or is in the process of doing so. They recently increased the drop chances of hero tokens and lowered the prices in the shop across the board. The patches for this game are very frequent and I feel it's moving inI've been playing the game since release and I'm having a good time with it so far. Most of the criticisms of the game are valid, but Gazillion has already addressed some of them or is in the process of doing so. They recently increased the drop chances of hero tokens and lowered the prices in the shop across the board. The patches for this game are very frequent and I feel it's moving in the right direction. Expand
  85. Jul 19, 2013
    The game doesn't even feel like the game I played 30 days ago; so many changes that it's hard to keep up. The Dev communication has scaled with every change, and this developer Doomsaw, well, has led the way. I find myself taking a peek at the forums far too often, because the updates and communication are typically game changing.

The game still has its' fits with patching (but just

The game still has its' fits with patching (but just today, they dumped their bitraider patcher for something completely different.) Nice comeback.
  86. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews comeThis game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews come from people that do not group up a lot, or belong to an active supergroup. Expand
  87. Jul 19, 2013
    Excelent work from Gaz, the game is in constant evolution. Not all the developers take so serious the players feedback. Each day closer to the game is destined to be.
  88. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is AWESOME if you liked Ultimate Alliance. If you're into the Marvel Universe and own a PC, you're choices are slim as to what you can get your fix with. Fortunately, this game exists. You won't be disappointed. The best part is that it is genuinely free to play. That does not entail that there is some secret cabal to force you into buying something at some point. You can attainThis game is AWESOME if you liked Ultimate Alliance. If you're into the Marvel Universe and own a PC, you're choices are slim as to what you can get your fix with. Fortunately, this game exists. You won't be disappointed. The best part is that it is genuinely free to play. That does not entail that there is some secret cabal to force you into buying something at some point. You can attain every single thing in the game just by playing a reasonable amount (and that is a very conservative statement). So pick up the game. Don't listen to the negative Nancies! Expand
  89. Jul 19, 2013
    The game has its problems with bugs, but which game doesn't? The developers are really active in trying to fix them at least, in their humanly possible speed. You feel the energy the developers are putting in by their responses and frequency of patches.

In terms of game play, it's an ARPG with some elements of MMO, it's pretty fun to play as a hero you like, but waiting to get my favorite char with the splinter system they are implementing. I do mostly limbo for end game which is slightly repetitive but it all depends on what you do, it doesn't have to be repetitive. You can switch from green, red, blue, purple flavors, I happen to like purple the best so doing that mostly.

I'd give the game a 7.5 currently, and an additional 0.5 for what's in the works for coming patches (revamp limbo) for the total of 8.0
  90. Jul 19, 2013
    Alright, if I was completely reviewing this for myself, I would give it a 10. Rocket Raccoon is on the roster, and I'm his number 1 fan, so I am willing to deal with any shortcomings while improvements are being made. This game is not perfect, the endgame needs more to do, and there are various QoL improvements that could be made. For an ARPG, though, I think it is very fun to play. If youAlright, if I was completely reviewing this for myself, I would give it a 10. Rocket Raccoon is on the roster, and I'm his number 1 fan, so I am willing to deal with any shortcomings while improvements are being made. This game is not perfect, the endgame needs more to do, and there are various QoL improvements that could be made. For an ARPG, though, I think it is very fun to play. If you are a fan of Diablo and/or Diablo II, I was a big fan of the latter, you will have fun with Marvel Heroes. If you are also a fan of Marvel, well, I think that really helps to enjoy the experience even more. In that regard, there are variety of heroes from across the Marvel Universe, as well as some bosses you'll recognize, and an original story written by Brian Michael Bendis (the intro cutscene also deserves a mention, it is just awesome). I would rate the game an 8.5, but that's not an option, so I'll round up (to represent the amazing potential I think we have here). 9/10, Great job, Gazillion Expand
  91. Jul 20, 2013
    This game continues to improve each patch. The game launched with some issues but gazillion has done a great job listening to the community and making the game better. They have made it easier to get heroes and added some nice end game features. If you like Marvel you cant go wrong giving this free game a try.
  92. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has its Problems.
    Bad Performance for Good Pc needed.
    Long Loading Time.
    Not much Late game.
    Bad Stats on Items.

But if you have a good Pc. And you compare D3 to MH you see one big difference.
    They are Changing stuff. They are talking in the Forums to the people.

Don't get confused by people saying it has no end game. Its tru, but it will soon have one and Diablo 3 not.
  93. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun, with many improvements constantly coming in.

Some people reviewing Marvel Heroes barely put any time into playing the game (I can tell because the information that they're "pulling" out of the game is incorrect and inaccurate). If you play the game for about 2 hours you really can't give an honest review, because you don't know the game! Anyway, I will
    This game is a lot of fun, with many improvements constantly coming in.

Anyway, I will admit that Marvel Heroes has had several flaws, but with each day the flaws presence fades away. Patches have been coming in almost weekly, and the patches are based on the complaints from the community. The character prices have even been lowered because people were dissatisfied. The game is run by people who actually listen.

I've invested almost 200 hours into this game. I am very satisfied with the progress Gazillion is making, and I am excited for the future of Marvel Heroes.
  94. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has improved a lot since launch, and it is fun to play. I have been playing for more than 100 hours and I am currently having tons of fun leveling up new characters.

The attention that the developers give the community it is one of the best I have seen. They are always listening to feedback and interacting with users in the forums. Nonetheless, the game needs new content

Nonetheless, the game needs new content and more heroes.
  95. Jul 19, 2013
    I've been playing Marvel Heroes since late beta and, as a huge fan of Marvel and MMOs, I love it. The transition from beta to live launch was rushed and certainly led to some hiccups early on, but the team at Gazillion has steadily improved most major aspects of the game since launch. This game has a very bright future ahead of it and I look forward to playing for years to come.
  96. Jul 19, 2013
    this game is the reincarnation of diablo 2.. if you love d2 and you love marvel then its a no brainer.. so addicting! I think that having to rush the game because of greedy publishers has hurt their image but no dev team has ever been so attentive and on the ball as Gaz..this game will go down in history as one of the all time best.. just you watch!
  97. Jul 19, 2013
    As a Premium Pack owner, let me say I am glad I invested the money in this game. Sure, the launch was rocky. Things have improved drastically since then though. In short, the developers have been listening to the community and making [EXCELLENT] changes accordingly. They are giving our beloved characters an [at least] once over. They are making a better systems that allows players to beAs a Premium Pack owner, let me say I am glad I invested the money in this game. Sure, the launch was rocky. Things have improved drastically since then though. In short, the developers have been listening to the community and making [EXCELLENT] changes accordingly. They are giving our beloved characters an [at least] once over. They are making a better systems that allows players to be able to obtain heroes (and other items) without having to pay anything. They have dropped prices. They are adding a lot of content in the next couple of months. I would encourage both new players and those thinking about returning to check out their website and look the Doomsaw Dev Blog #1 and Eternity Splinter posts. Seriously, if you are thinking about returning now is the time. They are getting ready to implement a ton of new things that address issues that plagued the game early on! Expand
  98. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is an amazingly fun time. It takes the tried and true elements of action RPGs and deftly adds the Marvel IP creating a fast pace and fun game. The development and community team is perhaps the most dedicated I have ever seen in a game, and every week the game continues to get tweaks based on player feedback. This game has already evolved into being my primary gamingMarvel Heroes is an amazingly fun time. It takes the tried and true elements of action RPGs and deftly adds the Marvel IP creating a fast pace and fun game. The development and community team is perhaps the most dedicated I have ever seen in a game, and every week the game continues to get tweaks based on player feedback. This game has already evolved into being my primary gaming outlet, and I think it has just begun.

I fully expect this game to be around for years to come and continue to be an excellent ARPG breaking ground as it goes.
  99. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is an ever evolving ball of awesomeness. I admit, I signed up for beta, played a few hours and then un-installed. I decided to give it another go at the beginning of July and have not regretted any of the 95 hours I have sunk into it since (would be more but I work 60+ hours a week). This game has come so far since release with more still needed, but I must stress that Gaz isMarvel Heroes is an ever evolving ball of awesomeness. I admit, I signed up for beta, played a few hours and then un-installed. I decided to give it another go at the beginning of July and have not regretted any of the 95 hours I have sunk into it since (would be more but I work 60+ hours a week). This game has come so far since release with more still needed, but I must stress that Gaz is by far the best development team I have ever interacted with. These people are pouring their blood, sweat and tears into this game and it shows through in the feedback/results they put forth. This game truly is free to play, however, I choose to support it with my hard earned money because I personally feel that the reward is more than worth it. The game is not perfect and there are still issues to be resolved, but I have complete faith in what it will prove to be in the days, weeks, months and years to come. Just give it a chance or perhaps a second like myself and see if MH is for you. I think a lot of folks will be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  100. Jul 20, 2013
    The game had some starting issues but now it's improving at lightspeed, with very fast paced patches and incredible communication between the devs and the community.

1. games(TM)
    Jul 28, 2013
    There's the hollow shell of a game. [Issue#137, p.116]
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Under-delivers on the promise of the licence. A middling action-RPG that you’d have to be a Marvel fan to love.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    At the end of the day, though, these few good points don’t make up for the flaws with what should be the most important elements of a game like this - the combat and the loot grind - and an overall lack of polish. Being free to play, you don’t lose out on anything but 15 odd gigabytes of your data cap if you want to give Marvel Heroes a go, but with that said, it’s hard to recommend this game over the other free to play lootfests that are around.