6.6

1. Jun 6, 2013
    People have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost justPeople have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost just running around with random people killing everything on the screen, not even talking to them, just happily killing together. It's a refreshing experience, I would say AT LEAST try it! It's free! Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    Good enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performanceGood enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performance example lagging but that is what i expect from games that are mmo. Perhaps this is savior for this genre after drastic failure of Diablo 3. Game actually has skill tree like old good Diablo 2 and skills have effect on game. Not like in in Diablo 3 one combination is best rest are crap. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    I have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. TheI have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. The loot is pretty good and the itemization is much better than D3 at launch and they are in the process of implementing new loot in the near future. This is a F2P game, so expect to spend money if you want a specific hero or costume right now... but all that content drops for free in game if you are lucky.

In conclusion, this is a F2P game that will be changing and improving as time goes on. If you love the Marvel license and Diablo, give it a shot... you have nothing to lose, but hours and hours of time due to addictino.
  4. Jun 6, 2013
    DONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights justDONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights just wont get how good this game is. Finally its Free-to-Play and whilst the prices you pay for getting heroes ahead of a drop may at first seem high. When you think you only need to pay $20 to play the character of your choice and never have to pay a penny again that represents really great value for money. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2013
    I love the fact that this is the first super heroe MMO that actually let's you play as your favorite super heroes! (DCUO pay attention) There needs to be a bit more characters but the game is a super polished barrel of Marvel fun.
  6. Jun 11, 2013
    If you like Marvel comics and you enjoyed Diablo 2 then this is a no brainer, the graphics are great and the overall story is classic Marvel. I am loving this game!
  7. Dec 11, 2013
    Excellent Game if you like Diablo style games.
    Marvel Heroes is the Marvel MMO that you have been waiting for! Play as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many more as they team up to try and stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube.
  8. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is great, very addictive and fun, the gameplay is just so good, the animations, the voice-over, the art, the heroes in special have unique abilities and gameplay, but what i most like about this game is that you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    Back in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half aBack in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half a million players. And in one week we'll be getting a brand new PvP gamemode. Can't wait! Expand
  10. Jun 4, 2013
    Really fun arpg. If you like marvel comics you should try this game. It needs somework in endgame, but its too soon to evaluate that.
    Every heroe plays quite diferent and the open maps with event its a nice change in this kind of games.
  11. Jul 16, 2013
    As a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who isAs a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the genre or the Marvel universe. Expand
  12. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game by far has everything I ever wanted in an ARPG. It has a huge open public world where you fight along side other players making the game even more dynamic. The game right now consist of 21 heroes (5 more will be released soon) that is more "classes" than any of the other ARPGs that has come out in recent years combined; giving this game an insane amount of replay value. Brevik mentions that their goal is to add new heroes hopefully at the pace of LoL, and they will continue to improve the game with constant updates for years to come.

Also, the endgame has a lot of potential right now even in its infancy you start out with daily missions and working your way up to group missions which are normally called "raids" in other mmo's. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brevik and company will come out with in the future.

Everything that I've written about is just the tip of the iceberg and not to mention this game is f2p! You can't beat that. So what are you waiting for? If you're an ARPG fan like I am I am pretty sure you'll find some kind of enjoyment out of this game. And even if your're not into ARPGs, it doesn't hurt to give this game a go. All it takes is a little bit of your time and you'll never know; you might be surprise on how good it is.
  13. Jul 19, 2013
    When this game launched it earned its low scores; the prices were too high, the content too little, and even communication was at an all-time low. What a frackin difference 6 weeks makes. Since launch we have seen two sales, two xp/item find weekends (The second of which is going on as we speak 7-19-2013), serious patches that buff characters instead of nerfing them, two patches to addressWhen this game launched it earned its low scores; the prices were too high, the content too little, and even communication was at an all-time low. What a frackin difference 6 weeks makes. Since launch we have seen two sales, two xp/item find weekends (The second of which is going on as we speak 7-19-2013), serious patches that buff characters instead of nerfing them, two patches to address defense, a major percentage based defense fix incoming, xp buffs, a new tier of items to hunt (Cosmic Items), an increase in hero drop rates, and a permanent price cut to all items in the store. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not the Marvel Heroes you knew at launch.

To put it in perspective for all of us ARPG gamers, Gazillion Entertainment has made more fundamental changes to Marvel Heroes in 6 weeks than Blizzard made to Diablo 3 in over a year. Is Marvel Heroes perfect? Absolutely not, but when the average (non-streamer/non-media) gamer can sit down at their PC, and have a conversation with the lead developer about the state of the game and where it is headed, then you better be frackin sure that the game is headed that way. I don’t room to mention all the awesome they are putting into this game, but I need to add that itemization is not only be worked on, but it is a top priority for this team. That other game still hasn’t fixed itemization, and has stated they will not have it implemented until 2014.

I have not seen a single negative review that actually played through the entire game and gave it a fair shake. Almost every review says something so stupid that it completely outs the fact they didn’t bother playing it. Things like “The inventory is so small and I don’t have a portal to go back to town!”. Really? You didn’t even bother playing long enough to discover the body slider? I mean, I know it’s a new idea on portals…even though Diablo 3 has been using this system since it launched… and it’s available to you from level 1.

So, after all of this gushing over the game let me tell you what I don’t like about it. My biggest complaint has to be optimization. The game does not run well on mid-range systems, and the loading times are terrible even on an SSD

Also, patch times can be long (Yet lately they have been better, and coming in at under 3 hours downtime). In a world where studios like Grinding Gear Games and ArenaNet are cranking out very substantial patches (Big in content, yet tiny in actual byte size) by giving a 10 minute warning, and patching the game in a matter of minutes with nearly no downtime; Well, let’s just say Gazillion could really benefit from their example.

Retcons. My opinion on this is probably where I can be the most toxic. In Marvel Heroes many people have paid cash for their character. Why in the burning hells would you tell your customers that the character they paid for not only can never have their levels reset back to level 1 but that they have to pay cash to respec their build? People will argue that you get one free retcon from doing a quest. It’s one free per character, and is not repeatable. Well that is a great way to introduce the system; it is not a great way to encourage the experimenting with builds.

Have we not had flat out wars over silly specs for lulz? Battle Mage anyone? Charging cash for Retcons while restricting one’s ability to re-roll their character, does nothing but stifle experimentation. All those nerds (like myself, don’t get all offended) who would tell their friends about this awesome, yet completely unlikely build they created, now have nothing to say, because it will cost them $2.50 to respect their character.

Side Note: We do have a famous character called Punchclops, (Cyclops with a melee build). If Retcons were easily attainable (their drop rates suck) would we not have more Punchclops running around? Also, they have mentioned the possibility of re-rolling once you hit level cap, similar to the prestige system in that FPS game. I love it. But I would still prefer an option to flat out re-roll anytime, and unrestricted and on the cheap.

Notable mentions: There is a ton of interaction between the developers and the community members. The upcoming test server will provide us a chance to test The Human Torch, and the new upcoming content. Patches have been aggressive, and striking to the heart of what the community has been requesting. I’ve played a lot of online games, and I have never met a more devoted and attentive development team; they even pretend I don’t come off as semi-bipolar and overly critical of certain (retcons) game mechanics. Which is nice of them.

Stay Groovy
  14. Jul 20, 2013
    100 hours of play and I have left. After the improvements that have been little more than 1 month old, the game is very good and is fun, fun, maybe things missing but developers are taking it very seriously and are constantly improving it. And we can say that is better than diablo 3 xD
  15. Aug 7, 2013
    The game is very good, I've spent 100 hrs on it and I liked the process, but what is more important this game is getting better pretty fast. Developers are doing great job and I give them credit for it.
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    This game has more potential and passion behind it then any other ARPG on the market. Although it is pretty rough now, devs are working on improving the game like crazy. I believe that in a year or so this game is gonna be one of the best ARPG ever made.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters,yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters, cosmic items, specials etc.

you don't have to be a marvel fan to love this game and the fact its 100% free too boot rates it 10/10, the only costs involved are if you don't want to work to unlock additional characters otherwise its a great F2P.
  18. Sep 21, 2014
    I recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which areI recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which are survival waves and an open area with events that spawn every few minutes and random spawning packs mobs, a good handful of hub areas to chill out in, a raid zone, weekly events with special items and bonuses, 2 short story areas, and more coming.

Not to mention 38 heroes (at the time of writing) with more on the way already announced. There are also LOTS of villains to fight and many will soon be playable!

This game plays like an action RPG similar to a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest game, but with marvel heroes and super hero powers.

It's free to play, but there are a lot of micro-transactions. Thankfully, you can get most of the things free using in game currency like new heroes and team ups. The one thing you may end up spending cash on is to increase your storage space. You get on box/page for free plus what your hero and hold and some space for your team up (even if you don't have a team up you can still use their inventory space). But if you play for a while you'll probably end up wanting more to hold all your phat loot :).

Graphics are nice, some of the ability effects are really crazy - great eye candy, while some of the environment are a bit mediocre the new content looks really amazing (Odin's Palace is beautiful). The character voices are amazing - really well done and the concessional interactions with other characters is often hilarios - for example sometimes when Rocket Racoon gets near Iron Man hes says something like "Do you think I could get on of those in my size?" and Cyclops will ask "Staying out of trouble Gambit? Didn't think so." Makes the characters feel more lifelike.

Anyways give it a shot, lots of fun - don't let the old reviews spoil it, this game is amazing.
  19. Jun 20, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, but there is one thing atm, u need to play alot in your head I know the gameplay of different heroes is often the same, but when im playing as Iron Man, in my head im Iron Man, with powerful armor on me and reactor on my chest, when im playing as Hawkeye, im deadly and precise.
    Gazillion Entertainment releases big patches once per week, so im waiting about
    Gazillion Entertainment releases big patches once per week, so im waiting about one month and give this game a chance for being better and bigger. But now, im giving 9 for about 90 hours spent as Iron Man in this great universe.
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel heroes a game recently released by Gazillion Entertainment and is being sold us an APRG plus MMO.

Before people dive into this game it is important to understand this game is Free to Play. That means you can play the entire game without having to spend a dime. If you op for this route, you have the option to play as 1 of the 5 starter heroes and will be given 2 additional starter heroes after you beat the first quest and the last quest. However, if you want to get one of other heroes like Iron Man, Hulk or Ms Marvel, you can either buy them off the shop or wait for them to drop randomly in game. Currently the prices for heroes in my opinion are a bit overpirced but recent communication between the Developers and the community has started giving me hope that the prices will be readjusted.

In terms of the game play itself, I personally believe someone will have a lot of fun if they enjoy playing as their favourite Marvel Hero and destroying things left and right. Each hero has specific abilites and all of them each have 3 skill trees that allow for one hero to be played in different ways. However, the idea of having skill trees may be nice but certain heroes currently have very imbalanced abilities making it feel like there can only be one build for the hero. Hopefully the Devs can figure these things out and come up with a solution ASAP.

My current problem with the game is the lack of content it has with Endgame. Most games that are called MMOs and ARPGS usually have a few things that give players something to continue to play after Endgame such as Legendary loot, replaying story through higher difficulties, epic group events and Player vs Player. Currently there is group events and PVP but the quality in both these areas is lacking. Epic group events in this game revolve around either doing a form of horde based game mode involving 15 players or you can be in a group of 5 and turn of portals called Rifts. The idea works is solid but the map variety as well as the inability to find groups makes doing these events solo.

There is no denying Marvel Heroes was released too early and would have benefited from more beta tests. However, here we are and so far I am really enjoying the game play. If Gazillion can make some of the changes listed than the game will be a lot better. Currently if your looking to try new games, definitely give Marvel Heroes a go
  21. Jun 6, 2014
    this game is amazing the dev team is one of the best they are always updating the game, events happen like every weekend and they always do free giveaways ive put over 1000 hours into this game and i still enjoy every min of it i give it a 10/10 great job dev team keep up the good work
  22. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is a ton of fun. It a terribly rocky launch but things are smooth now. It still has bugs though but that's common with launches. They should be ironed out soon. Every character is a blast to play and after beating the main missions the end game content will keep you coming back for more. I'm not much of PVPer so you'll have to check another review for that. Right now the game isThis game is a ton of fun. It a terribly rocky launch but things are smooth now. It still has bugs though but that's common with launches. They should be ironed out soon. Every character is a blast to play and after beating the main missions the end game content will keep you coming back for more. I'm not much of PVPer so you'll have to check another review for that. Right now the game is a 7 out 10 with potential to be a 9 or 10 once everything is more balanced and the bugs are gone. Expand
  23. Jun 4, 2013
    The game has its flaws but is alot of fun.

The game has its flaws but is alot of fun.

Alot of people complain about the limited number of heroes (currently 21, soon to be 26), but each hero is so unique and fun to play that it really becomes a non issue. Plus you can build each hero in different ways and wear different costumes, so you never really feel like a clone, and even if you did, smashing everything up as the hulk is just too much fun to be legal.

If you are on the fence about the game, it's free. Ignore the haters, pick any of the starter heroes and watch your time dissapear. You won't regret it.
  24. Jun 4, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun. It's taking a little bit to get the kinks out, but a licensed rpg can be a real pain to balance. The heroes all feel unique and the game does an amazing job staying true to marvel lore.
    There were issues with early launch but gaz stepped up and is offering compensation. I have no regrets about purchasing characters and would recomend this game to any arpg or comic fans out there.
  25. Jun 5, 2013
    Its a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot ofIts a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot of playable heroes for the game. The game's offer a lot of fun. For a free to play game it is definetly worth a try. Expand
  26. Jun 7, 2013
    Solid ARPG. Game definitely needs some work but the potential is there.

End game and PVP are somewhat lacking right now. But having 20+ heroes makes up for that.
  27. Jun 6, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is a great game. Definitely recommended to all fans of Marvel Comics. It is free to play though access to content and heroes other than the standard five (Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, The Thing, Storm, and Hawkeye) does come at an additional cost. Although it is a multi-player game, you can also play it solo with regards to the game's story aspect.--of course ganging up onMarvel Heroes is a great game. Definitely recommended to all fans of Marvel Comics. It is free to play though access to content and heroes other than the standard five (Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, The Thing, Storm, and Hawkeye) does come at an additional cost. Although it is a multi-player game, you can also play it solo with regards to the game's story aspect.--of course ganging up on event bosses with other players is loads of fun. There are bugs in the game but being this early into launch it is to be expected. For those like me who bought "Ultimate" and "Premium" content packages before launch, Marvel Heroes has promised compensation for any lost game time due to bugs--they just have an overwhelming queue of support tickets to go through. Having dealt with their customer support in the past I have no doubt that they will deliver on this promise. All in all I feel I've gotten my money's worth so far from my "Ultimate" package, though it is still much too early to gauge any long-term satisfaction. I can't predict the future but I do believe Marvel Heroes will endure past its naysayers. Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2013
  29. Jun 9, 2013
    I dont get the people that say its a bad game. The game is free first of all and yes if you want to play the cool heroes than you have the option to pay for it. But.. you also can play and get the heroes by defeating the bad guy`s. I got after playing 4 hours allready 2 heroes and 1 costume. The game is not to difficult but thats what i like about this game. I can come home after work andI dont get the people that say its a bad game. The game is free first of all and yes if you want to play the cool heroes than you have the option to pay for it. But.. you also can play and get the heroes by defeating the bad guy`s. I got after playing 4 hours allready 2 heroes and 1 costume. The game is not to difficult but thats what i like about this game. I can come home after work and do a chapter and get some nice stuff. The voice acting is good en also the cut scene`s. The studio is fixing alot of bugs after the launch so they are doing a great job. I will give this game a 8 but now that people are bashing this game i give it a 10 for a good average. Expand
  30. Jun 10, 2013
    This game is awesome, great characters roster, good graphics and special effect, the only arpg with mmo component, i play it with some friends and we enjoy it so mutch.
  31. Jun 11, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is still young but the game is remarkable when it came out. Almost all the Heroes are balanced. Most of the heroes are fun to play with the story line is interesting. The lag can be annoying but the game play is awesome. All I just want Marvel Heroes to do is keep making more content and events to make game play even more exciting.
  32. Jun 13, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. The devs have done a fantastic job of rolling out the bug fixes and character balancing changes on a regular basis, and every hero I've tried is fun in it's own way.

This game is made by David Brevik himself (he created Diablo 1 and 2) so it is VERY similar to Diablo 2. If you like Diablo, and you like Marvel, this game is for you. A lot of the criticism I've read so far is people who don't like things that were in Diablo 2, like the terrible grind to 99. The level cap for this game is 60, but it's the type of game that is not about being level 60, it's about finding gear (and new heroes, they are an in game drop too).

The main story is basically the "normal" mode and then they have mission terminals that allow you to replay the dungeons in "nightmare", "hell", or "Inferno" mode basically. They also have one survival challenge type of mission that is by far my favorite. You and 14 other players team up (the system auto groups you so you don't need to find a party) and you fight 7 waves of enemies and then a boss. It's very challenging and very rewarding (tons of exp, loot, and the best boss drops).

There's so much I could say about this game, but I'll leave it at this: If you want an ARPG like Diablo 2 then this game is for you. If you want an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, then this game will not meet your expectations.
  33. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is really fun and powerful. Furthermore. Marvel Heroes excel in quality.
    To me, Marvel Heroes just by being able to play is an honor.
    plainly, MH is similar to Diablo. but Marvel Heroes is far more powerful than Diablo.
    Ordinary person as well as MH's fan will love Marvel Heroes.
  34. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is not bad at all.
    If you like Marvel Comics or Diablo, this is the best game for you.
    This is really great representation of heroes. In addition, background and object description is excellent.
    These features will suffice.
    JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  35. Jun 15, 2013
    Wow, I didn't even expected time goes so quick with this game.
    Marvel Heroes is really interesting and fresh game I've ever done.
    I am so excited what's going to happen in marvel Heroes.
  36. Jun 17, 2013
    I'm honored to play this game with Marvel Heroes.
    i'm very happy to defeat enemies and villain. it's really fun.
    In my view, one of Marvel Heroes's strong points is endless vision that they will make.
    Marvel Heroes is best game to me.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is one of the best H & S style Diablo and Torch Light, is completely free. Beautiful graphics, great physics, and most importantly, fun to play, with a good end game. Recommended
  38. Jun 21, 2013
    I'm korea Marvel Heroes user in steam and i playing Hulk (level 40).
    I came here for the first time to review about Marvel Heroes.
    I think this game is pretty interesting. game graphic is perfect for me. in addition, using skill is very fun.
    Now, i enjoying Marvel Heroes with friends. also, all of them like Marvel Heroes.
  39. Jun 21, 2013
    This is my first visit to Review about Marvel Heroes.

First, Have Fun with Marvel Heroes?
    Absolutely. M.H is very exiting game. M.H is marked by heroes strong individuality. So playing various hero is fun.
    Secondly, Excel in graphic?
    To me, M'H's graphic looks good and attractive. Not the highest, but the best.
    Consequently,
    I think Marvel Heroes is definitely interesting game.
  40. Jun 22, 2013
    THIS IS SO HOT GAME.
    I am really fun to play Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes was in succession to Diablo's strength. inherited very well. and Heroes quality is so delicate. also Background and Object is well described..
  41. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is chime with Diablo2. but Marvel Heroes is head and shoulders above Diablo2.

Graphic is very tidy and delicate. so using Heroes's skill is very powerful.
    Also, various costume of heroes and diverse options of item make Marvel Heroes more fun.
  42. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is not yet completed. but M.H has a great potential to be on the any table around world.
    M.H's quality is good and Story is good enough to whet user's curiosity.

I hope that Marvel Heroes keep the support.
  43. Jun 27, 2013
    Marvel Comics, Marvel Movie, and Marvel Heroes. All is really fun.

But i think Marvel Heroes have to develop more and more. now Marvel Heroes is fun and not bad.
    Also, I'm satisfied with Marvel Heroes. but impact is too weak.
    This game is perfect for Marvel Heroes's fan. but not All.
  44. Jun 27, 2013
    I played Marvel Heroes about 100hr. i don't think this game is awesome or fantastic. but this game is a featured Marvel Comics heroes and have a novel story. so Marvel Heroes has a clear feature. all have to understand it.
    Clearly, this game peculiarity is obvious. This peculiarity make a fun game.
    Marvel Heroes keep peculiarity.
  45. Jul 19, 2013
    you know what, despite of the rocky launch, this is the only game i have ever played where the developers actually listen to the players and give back 110% to improves the game, constantly.

Sure you might say they are money hungry company, but what kind of company that is being in business for not making profits? they need to bring home the bacon too. Just from the start, i see how

Just from the start, i see how the game getting fix left and right and the fixes is constant, not to say its broken and it need fixing, some of this are actually an improvement to the game. they constantly fixing the balancing issues, the defensive issues, way more better itemization, end game issues, and even asking the community on feedback regarding the animation of the game. They are giving us the chance to help them makes the game that we want and will loves.

the developer said over and over that their commitment is long term regarding this game and they have been proving it weeks to weeks. So props to gazillion regarding this, their efforts is outstanding.

the game itself is really fun which is really surprising, knowing the bad launch review. I'm glad that i gave this game a shot. I never really a big marvel fan, so i played this game because i love ARPG game, and i love grinding. some reason this game manage to gives goals to mindless grinding and gives the players a rewarding experience from the time put into the game.

I would rate the game as where it is now maybe 8 9 scores wise, since in any way the game still in progress for getting better, but due to the efforts that i see and experienced from the developer, I'm giving this game a 10/10

and please don't judge the book by it's cover, play the game first and then makes that judgement, you don't have to pay any money at all if you want to start playing this game. its Free to play. I have unlocked 8 heroes so far, and i only started with one free hero, this is game is that rewarding.
  46. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game that is only getting better. An Altaholic's dream. The developers are do a great job interacting with the community and implement improvements based on feedback very well.
  47. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes a game that shows great promise with a team of developers that listen to its community. The constant changes based on actual player feedback makes this game almost player ran. While it may currently be in a beta stage there is already promises of brand new content, heroes, and changes that will make every comic fan scream with joy.
  48. Jul 19, 2013
    The game doesn't even feel like the game I played 30 days ago; so many changes that it's hard to keep up. The Dev communication has scaled with every change, and this developer Doomsaw, well, has led the way. I find myself taking a peek at the forums far too often, because the updates and communication are typically game changing.

The game still has its' fits with patching (but just

The game still has its' fits with patching (but just today, they dumped their bitraider patcher for something completely different.) Nice comeback.
  49. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews comeThis game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews come from people that do not group up a lot, or belong to an active supergroup. Expand
  50. Jul 19, 2013
    Excelent work from Gaz, the game is in constant evolution. Not all the developers take so serious the players feedback. Each day closer to the game is destined to be.
  51. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is AWESOME if you liked Ultimate Alliance. If you're into the Marvel Universe and own a PC, you're choices are slim as to what you can get your fix with. Fortunately, this game exists. You won't be disappointed. The best part is that it is genuinely free to play. That does not entail that there is some secret cabal to force you into buying something at some point. You can attainThis game is AWESOME if you liked Ultimate Alliance. If you're into the Marvel Universe and own a PC, you're choices are slim as to what you can get your fix with. Fortunately, this game exists. You won't be disappointed. The best part is that it is genuinely free to play. That does not entail that there is some secret cabal to force you into buying something at some point. You can attain every single thing in the game just by playing a reasonable amount (and that is a very conservative statement). So pick up the game. Don't listen to the negative Nancies! Expand
  52. Jul 20, 2013
    This game continues to improve each patch. The game launched with some issues but gazillion has done a great job listening to the community and making the game better. They have made it easier to get heroes and added some nice end game features. If you like Marvel you cant go wrong giving this free game a try.
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun, with many improvements constantly coming in.

Some people reviewing Marvel Heroes barely put any time into playing the game (I can tell because the information that they're "pulling" out of the game is incorrect and inaccurate). If you play the game for about 2 hours you really can't give an honest review, because you don't know the game! Anyway, I will
    This game is a lot of fun, with many improvements constantly coming in.

Anyway, I will admit that Marvel Heroes has had several flaws, but with each day the flaws presence fades away. Patches have been coming in almost weekly, and the patches are based on the complaints from the community. The character prices have even been lowered because people were dissatisfied. The game is run by people who actually listen.

I've invested almost 200 hours into this game. I am very satisfied with the progress Gazillion is making, and I am excited for the future of Marvel Heroes.
  54. Jul 19, 2013
    I've been playing Marvel Heroes since late beta and, as a huge fan of Marvel and MMOs, I love it. The transition from beta to live launch was rushed and certainly led to some hiccups early on, but the team at Gazillion has steadily improved most major aspects of the game since launch. This game has a very bright future ahead of it and I look forward to playing for years to come.
  55. Jul 19, 2013
    this game is the reincarnation of diablo 2.. if you love d2 and you love marvel then its a no brainer.. so addicting! I think that having to rush the game because of greedy publishers has hurt their image but no dev team has ever been so attentive and on the ball as Gaz..this game will go down in history as one of the all time best.. just you watch!
  56. Jul 19, 2013
    As a Premium Pack owner, let me say I am glad I invested the money in this game. Sure, the launch was rocky. Things have improved drastically since then though. In short, the developers have been listening to the community and making [EXCELLENT] changes accordingly. They are giving our beloved characters an [at least] once over. They are making a better systems that allows players to beAs a Premium Pack owner, let me say I am glad I invested the money in this game. Sure, the launch was rocky. Things have improved drastically since then though. In short, the developers have been listening to the community and making [EXCELLENT] changes accordingly. They are giving our beloved characters an [at least] once over. They are making a better systems that allows players to be able to obtain heroes (and other items) without having to pay anything. They have dropped prices. They are adding a lot of content in the next couple of months. I would encourage both new players and those thinking about returning to check out their website and look the Doomsaw Dev Blog #1 and Eternity Splinter posts. Seriously, if you are thinking about returning now is the time. They are getting ready to implement a ton of new things that address issues that plagued the game early on! Expand
  57. Jul 19, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is an amazingly fun time. It takes the tried and true elements of action RPGs and deftly adds the Marvel IP creating a fast pace and fun game. The development and community team is perhaps the most dedicated I have ever seen in a game, and every week the game continues to get tweaks based on player feedback. This game has already evolved into being my primary gamingMarvel Heroes is an amazingly fun time. It takes the tried and true elements of action RPGs and deftly adds the Marvel IP creating a fast pace and fun game. The development and community team is perhaps the most dedicated I have ever seen in a game, and every week the game continues to get tweaks based on player feedback. This game has already evolved into being my primary gaming outlet, and I think it has just begun.

I fully expect this game to be around for years to come and continue to be an excellent ARPG breaking ground as it goes.
  58. Jul 20, 2013
    The game had some starting issues but now it's improving at lightspeed, with very fast paced patches and incredible communication between the devs and the community.
  59. C-O
    Jul 20, 2013
    There's nothing new about this game but there's a whole lot of special. Each hero is it's own class with it's own skill tree and they're fun. Really. The devs have been patching this game on an almost weekly basis with tweaks and content. The future of this game is very bright.

IT'S FREE! GIVE IT A TRY!
  60. Jul 20, 2013
    The game is honestly fun. It's future is looking very good with Gaz so connected to the community and are actually listening to the fans and making the necessary adjustments to the game which obviously have been great changes so far. I'm very excited to see where this game heads in the next couple of months.
  61. Jul 20, 2013
    At launch, Marvel Heroes had significant issues. Only a month later, and the game's basically fixed every single one of them. Not only is significant new content on the way, but a lot of it has already been added, and we're merely a week away(as of this writing) from the first new character class being added to the title. It's clear that Marvel Heroes isn't just a good game at thisAt launch, Marvel Heroes had significant issues. Only a month later, and the game's basically fixed every single one of them. Not only is significant new content on the way, but a lot of it has already been added, and we're merely a week away(as of this writing) from the first new character class being added to the title. It's clear that Marvel Heroes isn't just a good game at this point, but one that's going to get better and better as time goes on. Expand
  62. Jul 20, 2013
    A severely underrated game that will eat away hours of your time without you noticing. The game is not without flaws but the development team is committed to patching the game and is due some vast improvements in the coming weeks. The pricing model isn't the cheapest on the market but all the content in the game is free which allows for unrestricted gameplay.

As for the gameplay it's

As for the gameplay it's what you'd expect from an ARPG, personally I've sunk more hours into this than D3. Most the heroes(classes) are well designed and reflect their iconic marvel counterpart well, the skills are fun to use and there's an ongoing story for players to take part in as well as an end-game that revolves around item hunting as you'd expect from most ARPGS.

The game got panned by critics and whilst a lot of the negative feedback was warranted most of them didn't give the game longer than 30 minutes, it really does bloom as you play more and with the impending patches that include both fixes, content and heroes the game can only get better.
  63. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is just amazing. I cant play this game at home due to poor performance from my computer but that doesn't stop me from hustling over to a internet cafe to play this game. I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves marvel comic.
  64. Jul 21, 2013
    The game is fun. If you like ARPG it's fun. If you also like Marvel Universe it's extra fun. There are some problems, surely it rushed to release, but the developer are taking all the problems to heart (prices, itemization, end game content, client optimization) and releasing patches after patches to address the shortcomings of the game.

From an august patch they will introduce a new

From an august patch they will introduce a new item that you can collect from mobs drop and that will permit you to "buy", with a certain amount of drops, the character you want. So it's true that at the start you can choose only five characters but after some time with the game you have the opportunity to choose the character you want. And that's great.

This, and much more changes they announced (like a new client), are the outcome of the active confrontation in forums of the developer with the community. Some kind of interaction I've sincerely never seen before in other games and that is giving this game a really bright future.
  65. Jul 21, 2013
    Marvel Heroes had a lot of bugs and problems at launch, but has recently had a lot of major patches that really fixed a lot of the troubles it previously had. The early reviews are therefore not accurate towards how the game is now, and it is a lot more polished, more fun, and more balanced then it was at launch.

It is a lot of fun to play an ARPG with your favorite Marvel characters,

It is a lot of fun to play an ARPG with your favorite Marvel characters, and it totally adds up for any Marvel fan out there. There is loads of content, and new content is planned and being worked on as we speak, so that's also coming out in the near future.

It still has some issues, but these are all being worked on by a fantastic crew, so they are probably gonna get sorted out real soon.
  66. Jul 21, 2013
    This game continues to get better and better, although I would have given it a 10 since the launch. The characters all have a unique feel to them and they get more powerful all the time. The Marvel feel of the game is awesome and pervasive. Can't wait for the new Manhattan and Asgard Areas! Great game!
  67. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has gone from a 5 to a 10 in about 1.5 months. GZ has done an unreal job of redefining this game. Everything they've done and changed has been outstanding. This is THE best ARPG out and getting tremendously better in the next month or less. I didn't think they could do it, but they have.
  68. Jan 9, 2014
    o be honest its great game, launch wasn't smooth. But now its on pair with PoE and D3, in some terms even better. It expands standart ARPG into MMO which is great. Definitely worth to try.
  69. Jul 21, 2013
    This is probably my favorite game since Diablo 2. I don't care about superheroes, but I like the way the game feels. It feels like Diablo 2 with 20+ character classes and more coming. The developers constantly update the game and make improvements so that makes me a lifelong customer.
  70. Jul 21, 2013
    This game is currently my favorite ARPG to play and I have played them all. While the game had a rough start, they have loaded up new patches and content faster than any game I have played. Not only that their developers are very active in the community and they seem to listen to the playerbase and almost every change they have made and/or are planning seems like the perfect one.

There

There are a ton of hero's to play, you will be able to play this game for a long time. There will be synergies for lvling more than one hero. Ex If you get daredevil to 60 you get passive dodge, or hulk to 60 you gain strength and health. This is one game I can tell I will play for a long time.
  71. Jul 21, 2013
    I was never a fan of the diablo series, I thought clicky games like this were ridiculous. Hated diablo 3, tried marvel heroes and loved it. Extremely fun game, Dev team really listens to the community too, I've never seen a relationship between players and developers like with this. A couple bugs, but so many have been fixed already it'll be even greater in no time. Regardless, as it isI was never a fan of the diablo series, I thought clicky games like this were ridiculous. Hated diablo 3, tried marvel heroes and loved it. Extremely fun game, Dev team really listens to the community too, I've never seen a relationship between players and developers like with this. A couple bugs, but so many have been fixed already it'll be even greater in no time. Regardless, as it is now I'd definitely recommend trying it out, even dishing out a couple bucks for your favorite hero, beats a 60$ pre-order game or subscription. Expand
  72. Jul 25, 2013
    Plainly, Marvel Heroes had many issues at first.. But now many bugs are corrected.
    I assure you, Marvel Heroes is definitely improved by degrees and Gaz is doing its best.
    Their endeavors are really great. Also Changes in test center are fantastic.
    Surely, Marvel Heroes will be the best game in ARPG.
  73. Aug 5, 2013
    First impression was bad. bitrader client error made me angry. but after 1.11, This game advanced much more than before. above all, E.S system is really good. and limbo bye, Hello midtown.
    Also, Character is the best attraction and big individuality about Marvel Heroes. Human Torch is awesome.
    i'm really expecting a lot Emma including next many heroes.
    Now, Clearly This game is fun.
  74. Aug 5, 2013
    My favorite part of Marvel Heroes is character. character's power skill is nice and cool.
    but, some lag made me annoy.
    if some lag is fixed and more fun contents is added, Marvel Heroes will be great game.
  75. Aug 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is ARPG game.
    first of all, game graphic is nice. but game performance is bad. Also contents is small
    i think Marvel Heroes should be stick to the character quality because character is best feature of Marvel Heroes.
    1.11 patch was good and beginning of game.
    go for it
  76. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is fun. and have huge potential. Marvel Heroes may beyond diablo.
    but that is the power of visualization, this game has a long way to go.
    Few skill, small contents, some bug and lag, etc.
    Enormous potential is crucial feature of Marvel Heroes.
  77. Aug 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is interesting game and similar to diablo.
    i really enjoy this game.
    also this game dev communication wit user is really cooperative. i most like this.
  78. Aug 5, 2013
    Marvel Heroes character is awesome. character power, appearance, moving is really well made.
    I really like this game feature like diablo,
    This is what I call MMO. Period!
  79. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are into Marvel and Diablo, then this game is perfect for you. And just FYI you can turn off the auto join groups in the options menu. So its not a hard core MMO. You can even finish the entire game story line alone. I even beat the boss single handedly. (and I was under leveled with only 2 good items) So there isn't a real need for multi-player like some people say there is. (unless you want to play with friends) Expand
  80. Aug 15, 2013
    Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? Yes. Do you like Marvel? You'll like this game. Did you enjoy Diablo 2 and felt disappointed by Diablo 3? You won't be disappointed by this game because it's reminiscent of D2 and probably is what D3 should have been (since Brevik is on this game). There's tons of potential in this game. They release patches weekly to improve the game. They listen to theIs it perfect? No. Is it fun? Yes. Do you like Marvel? You'll like this game. Did you enjoy Diablo 2 and felt disappointed by Diablo 3? You won't be disappointed by this game because it's reminiscent of D2 and probably is what D3 should have been (since Brevik is on this game). There's tons of potential in this game. They release patches weekly to improve the game. They listen to the community. I've personally had 3 Developers/Support Staff respond to my bug reports and issues. You know what makes all of this REALLY worth it, though? IT'S FREE. Expand
  81. Aug 20, 2013
    This game had a very rocky start but has come a very long way since it's launch. Large monthly updates to hero balance, content, and bug fixing has turned this game into a ton of fun to play IMO. It does have it's flaws with some heroes still needing balance passes and bugs needing squashed but, with every patch, these issues get fewer and fewer. If you like the Marvel universe, actionThis game had a very rocky start but has come a very long way since it's launch. Large monthly updates to hero balance, content, and bug fixing has turned this game into a ton of fun to play IMO. It does have it's flaws with some heroes still needing balance passes and bugs needing squashed but, with every patch, these issues get fewer and fewer. If you like the Marvel universe, action role playing games, or mmo's I would recommend you give the game a try since it is free to play. I will also say some people complain that it has lag issues. My game had issues until I adjusted some graphics options as described in the next paragraph.

I want to add to my review by saying that after reading some of the bad reviews that say this game has performance issues I would suggest going into your graphics options in the game if you are having issues and turning the max defeated enemies slider all the way to the left so you see no dead bodies. A lot of people don't seem to realize that the ragdoll effects of the dead enemy bodies and respawning props causes a ton of lag if you don't turn it down. I don't have a super high end system(i5 2320, NVIDIA 660ti GPU, 8 GB RAM) and I have zero issues with lag. My lag ended when I turned the max defeated enemies slider all the way down.
  82. Aug 28, 2013
    This game has benefited from the best post launch developer support I have ever seen. Release review are not indicative of where the game is at now. It has been made into an excellent product. If you are a fan of marvel and aarpg's you will love this game. And it's free so you have nothing to lose!
  83. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is entertaining as heck for a free to play game. I've been playing since launch and i love it. The devs in the game update the game every couple weeks to keep you hooked. This game has evolved since launch and needs to be re-reviewed from metacritic to do it justice. Keep it up team Gaz!
  84. Nov 25, 2013
    the game is great and getting better all the time you can play it totally free or spend if you wish people who gave it a bad review i urge to check into it again cause it has only gotten better since release and those who love it i hope you continue to love it
  85. Dec 12, 2013
    Man, these reviews are old. The game really did a 180, someone gave it a 3 because he got banned? a 0 because it doesn't play like WoW? lol, dear lord. This is why it's a 10.

Right so, optimization and game size. Biggest concerns, biggest challenge for game. Now, it's fun as hell. It's an addicting game, you'll play at 8pm and suddenly it's 3 am. I love the voice acting, because it's

Now, it's fun as hell. It's an addicting game, you'll play at 8pm and suddenly it's 3 am. I love the voice acting, because it's the actual people from the games/shows. The lines these characters say are brilliant. "aren't you cold", to a almost naked emma frost. "Hey, watch where you're going" to a blind dare devil.

I like the game, and it should entertain you for a long time FOR FREE
  86. Dec 12, 2013
    Some of these reviews are bull I felt obligated to give it a 10 to counter balance nonsense. the only thing this game did wrong was not release in Open Beta, because it would've released atm and would've atleast gotten a 7.5. It's a 75 game, but i'm giving it a 10 because I almost missed out on it listening to this garbage website.
  87. Dec 12, 2013
    All the 10's are bull all the 0's are bull Giving it a 10, becuase the 0's make no sense what so ever, and people are giving 10's to counter balance the raging flame on people have with this game not being a WoW clone.

This is a arpg, loot fest, statistical upgrade. It does what it's supposed to and it's got like all the marvel characters in it, that I can unlock for free!. What game is letting me do that atm? I'd get lucky to get charged $15 to unlock a portion of story mode in other games
  88. Dec 12, 2013
    This game deserves a 58 meta score as much as the new Hobbit deserves a 39 score. Reviews are sin, and it makes people's ego explode.

Be smart, for yourself. If a game is offering it's services for free. Take it and judge it for yourself.
  89. Dec 12, 2013
    Play a free game and find out. Honestly, when I boot this game up on steam and see that score. I just shake my head. There should be a rule to mmo's who update very often. No it doesn't deserve this score and the game does everything it can to make it "super free" for you. Including giving you 250G free for reaching level 15, and you get to buy a crafting tab FOR FREE.
  90. Dec 12, 2013
    If you look at the recent negative reviews, people complaining they're getting silenced for an opinion. Is the same as a meth head, who gets arrested for public nudity. I assure you these people were not being polite or using rational thinking. If you give feedback the game changes.

Game let people level faster, gave you free g's. Lowered some prices. Gave a free random hero if you beat the story. Free expansion. Don't listen to bull It's a free game, download it and decide for yourself.
  91. Dec 12, 2013
    I just want to say. It's a good game. It's a free game. I don't understand the hate, although If I got banned for doing something illegal, i'd just walk away not ruin the credibility of the game by spatting none sense on a review site.

Look, the game gives you every opportunity to give you a great free experience. Be it, giving you 250G free, or splinters for finishing story. Some people are just crazy, and shameful that review sites encourage trolling.
  92. Dec 12, 2013
    I picked this game up, just looking through the free steam titles. I played warframe, poe, tf2. Think marvel heroes is like a free MUA. I like that it's not dependent to how much money I feed that game, like warframe is. I played poe, just the combat and random de-sync is stopping me.

Overall, I enjoy MH. Played it for 12 hours in one sitting to beat the story. Did a few legendary quests. Overall endgame is what you expect out of a arpg, it doesn't have anything left out and hasn't added anything new to arpg end game. The genre lacks in that department in general. It's a fun slaughter for loot and I enjoy it.
  93. Dec 13, 2013
    An Action Role-Playing Game in the Dungeon Crawler Mode with some MMO Touches.

One of the heads at Gazillion is Richard Brevik, and original Designer on Diablo and Diablo 2. The "MMO" twists to this game are interesting additions to the ARPG genre. While it's a dungeon grinder at heart, the story mode of the game and certain other playmodes are open instances. You aren't by
    An Action Role-Playing Game in the Dungeon Crawler Mode with some MMO Touches.

The "MMO" twists to this game are interesting additions to the ARPG genre. While it's a dungeon grinder at heart, the story mode of the game and certain other playmodes are open instances. You aren't by yourself, you may be running down the street as Punisher and come across a random Spiderman fighting 50 NPCS. It's a fun touch. Important Story mode areas are individual instanced, or you can have an active option to auto group with others who entered the same instance within 5-10 seconds or so. Gone are Lobbies and Menus where you select which game you want to enter. MMO style "hubs" are safe havens with other players constantly running by and through. There is also guild/clan control as Super Hero Groups.

The game does a lot of things right that the highly anticipated Diablo 3 missed the mark on. Skill trees are "respec" friendly, with a free one for each pass through storymode, and with the potions for it available as random drops. A familiar tree formatting of skills that can be leveled up to 20 each restore a lot of character power balance to how you make your character, not how lucky you are on gear drops.

The game hurt itself press wise by releasing early, it was not a finished product at release. The bugs they have ironed out and continue to work on make it an almost completely different game from launch, and updates come constantly with new characters monthly and a lot of coming content being teased.

There are still some issues with the game, and it can use some more polish. What really pushes this game to a 10 is the community support and involvement of the developers. Refunds for price changes and sales, constant discussion with the community about costumes and characters. Constant Sales and Freebies.

Gaz is really raising the bar on customer service and developer transparency, and to do so with a Major license in the F2P format is shocking.

Gone is the "can't get the character you want without buying it" model from release. About every 5-8 minutes of play, an "eternity splinter" drops. All characters in the game can be purchased with eternity splinters and range from 200-600 splinters in price. After your first normal playthrough of the game you also receive a total of 200 splinters as quest rewards. You should be able to buy any hero you want from the roster by the time your starter selected hero reaches level 40. Random Hero's are also purchasable for 175 splinters. If you random a hero you already have you get a token that upgrades the power of their "ultimate" power, and an additional copy of their costume, which is good for a recipe that lets you craft a random costume from any available in the game (not the limited time available ones though)

The model is better than a lot of F2P games, with all characters unlockable just by playing. If you pick a starter hero, and level them to 40, you should have enough to buy any hero you want, and have enough to buy another specific hero by the time that character is max level. Going the random hero route you will end up with a wide and varied roster quickly.

A lot of the older reviews complaints have been addressed and fixed already, and more improvements are coming quickly. Highly recommend you check the game out.

Today Only Marvel.com has a special code that unlocks Thor for your account for free! Offer ends at 12:01am PST 12/14/13. After registering for the game through their website, go to the profile page, Redeem Code, and enter ODINSON
  94. Jan 18, 2014
    its amazing its FPS is good There are so many skills SO MANY PEOPLE TO HAVE FRIENDS WITH its a AMAZING GAME if you are a fan of super hero's like me i like iron man the most.
  95. Dec 16, 2013
    6 months of polish, big christmas patch coming up. Prices are reasonable to other FTP games. It's fun playing heroes you watched on the T.V. Worth a shot for free, totally free game.
  96. Dec 16, 2013
    I just picked this game up, didn't realize it was a arpg. Thought it was like that dcuo where you play as a goofy character. Nope, Dl'd the game, although really big. 11.6Gb ..wow. Turns out captain america is a free hero, so, that was pretty good. Played my favorite character, started throwing his shield around, he started talking, felt right. Good on them for a free experience. It's a 10.
  97. Dec 16, 2013
    I escaped the de-sync and terrible animations that was poe. I came into a game, that most people told me wasn't good. I said, F it, i'll give it a shot.

Booted the game up, no lag, cool animations that i don't have to pay for and no de-sync.
  98. Dec 16, 2013
    This game has gotten to be alot of fun. There's like 27 classes, all of them play different. All of them viable. I'm playing this new patch right now on test center, ghost rider is like the best arpg class ever. This guy just, has the best vfx. Fire, chains, bikes, skulls.
  99. Dec 16, 2013
    Heard about the game on poe's chat. I was kinda pissed I died of de-sync, I assume this dude was too. I downloaded the game, even tho it had like 58 critic review. It was worth free. Tried it, got a free thor they were giving away. Just watched that thor 2 movie, was pretty cool. Sounded like thor, had skills like thor. I had a blast for 12 hours. I'll keep playing the game, it's got freeHeard about the game on poe's chat. I was kinda pissed I died of de-sync, I assume this dude was too. I downloaded the game, even tho it had like 58 critic review. It was worth free. Tried it, got a free thor they were giving away. Just watched that thor 2 movie, was pretty cool. Sounded like thor, had skills like thor. I had a blast for 12 hours. I'll keep playing the game, it's got free expansions. So never out of the loop. Expand
  100. Dec 16, 2013
    Should've fake released like other games in open beta. it would be atleast an 8 right now. Well guess people are just stupid, can't wait for a game to develop.

1. Jul 28, 2013
    There's the hollow shell of a game. [Issue#137, p.116]
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Under-delivers on the promise of the licence. A middling action-RPG that you’d have to be a Marvel fan to love.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    At the end of the day, though, these few good points don’t make up for the flaws with what should be the most important elements of a game like this - the combat and the loot grind - and an overall lack of polish. Being free to play, you don’t lose out on anything but 15 odd gigabytes of your data cap if you want to give Marvel Heroes a go, but with that said, it’s hard to recommend this game over the other free to play lootfests that are around.