8.7

1. Dec 26, 2012
    Very good game from BioWare. Excellent graphics, fantastic fight mode. I have no words to describe this game. One of the most amazing games from EA - this words could be fine.
  2. Mar 10, 2013
    Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games ever made, it's amazing soundtrack, its gripping story, amazing made characters including your love interest. It is a awesome game made upon hard decision making and assembling your team for the ultimate-suicide mission. The game has a satisfying ending to it, making you want to reply it over again and wanting you to play the next game in the Trilogy.Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games ever made, it's amazing soundtrack, its gripping story, amazing made characters including your love interest. It is a awesome game made upon hard decision making and assembling your team for the ultimate-suicide mission. The game has a satisfying ending to it, making you want to reply it over again and wanting you to play the next game in the Trilogy. Though this game does have bugs and glitches, but those are minor and acceptable, nothing to ruin the experience. If you are a Mass Effect fan or not, this is a must own. Expand
  3. Jan 19, 2013
    I recently bought the Mass Effect trilogy, played through the first game, loved it, and came into the second one with very high hopes. While it lived up to many of my standards, I see why some do complain it doesn't live up to the original. Mass Effect 1 was more focused on RPG elements and choice based plot, with less focus on shooting sequences. Mass Effect 2 changes that. Since ME2 wasI recently bought the Mass Effect trilogy, played through the first game, loved it, and came into the second one with very high hopes. While it lived up to many of my standards, I see why some do complain it doesn't live up to the original. Mass Effect 1 was more focused on RPG elements and choice based plot, with less focus on shooting sequences. Mass Effect 2 changes that. Since ME2 was a very anticipated release, I think Bioware tried to make it a more crowd pleasing game. ME2 thrives in it's combat elements, graphics, and plot, but lags in being an RPG. Leveling up was toned down, along with various other elements. Other than that though, I feel Mass Effect 2 is a great game, with good gameplay as well as a plot and characters that makes you care for others on your pixelated screen of choice. Expand
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    A better-than-average sequel. Many of the gameplay elements have evolved from the first game--for better and for worse. Many of the RPG elements were stripped out, leaving the overall RPG-ness feel less fulfilling than the original Mass Effect. The gameplay and action sequences, however, were much more enjoyable. Surprisingly, the addition of the thermal clips greatly affected this. TheA better-than-average sequel. Many of the gameplay elements have evolved from the first game--for better and for worse. Many of the RPG elements were stripped out, leaving the overall RPG-ness feel less fulfilling than the original Mass Effect. The gameplay and action sequences, however, were much more enjoyable. Surprisingly, the addition of the thermal clips greatly affected this. The continuity of the storyline and decisions from the last game was quite refreshing, and at the end of the game it really left me craving for the next installment. Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2013
    For me, this is one of the greatest game of all time. I played through 6 times if not more!

Ofc there are problems like minor bugs, but the ultimate blow to this game is the lack of equipment!!!

Beside that, i extremely satisfied with this game.
  6. Jaz
    Feb 24, 2013
    The successor of ME1 improved graphics but removed RPG components from the previous version. Also no world exploration and areas feel more dungeon like than open worlds. Still, its strong point -the story- is still strong -if stronger- and that is the important part.
  7. Mar 18, 2013
    The game contains more than 10 playable characters and all of them have fully fleshed-out background stories that make you genuinely care about all of them. The dialogue is always well written and the fact that you decide the outcome of the conversations yourself make you feel really engaged. Also, the facial expressions of the characters are amazing and make them look like they areThe game contains more than 10 playable characters and all of them have fully fleshed-out background stories that make you genuinely care about all of them. The dialogue is always well written and the fact that you decide the outcome of the conversations yourself make you feel really engaged. Also, the facial expressions of the characters are amazing and make them look like they are expressing real feelings, more than in any other game I have played.
    You often learn more about the back stories of the playable characters by helping them out in side missions. These missions also make the game becoming more non-linear so that you, most of the time, can decide yourself what to do the next.

The environments and the music manage to capture the essence of a dark science fiction world and make you feel really absorbed in the game.
    Developing your characters and receiving new powers is satisfying. The powers are fun to use and makes for a dynamic combat. However, despite having a disposal of different kind of powers the combat gets slightly repetitive in the long run.
    Aside from the somewhat repetitive combat there isn't anything to complain about and overall Mass effect 2 is an amazing game.
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    Played it again recently with all the DLC's installed. Great game. Some things were improved others were a little step back. Story is great. Character selection is fantastic. RPG elements were cut back a bit but it still felt alright. I liked customizable armor but did not like how I couldn't change/upgrade companions armor, you could change their look which is something I guess. MiningPlayed it again recently with all the DLC's installed. Great game. Some things were improved others were a little step back. Story is great. Character selection is fantastic. RPG elements were cut back a bit but it still felt alright. I liked customizable armor but did not like how I couldn't change/upgrade companions armor, you could change their look which is something I guess. Mining for minerals is boring. Doing research to upgrade your equipment is good. Side missions are better than in previous game. Really good and fun game. Expand
  9. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game. A game where choices actually matter, and the galaxy is epic and brilliant. This game is only held back by its lack of true side/optional missions, boring scanning for minerals, and an ending that really doesnt matter what your choices were, all you have to do is follow a flow chart Expand
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    The Good:

Great story Memorable Characters Better character development (in particular of Tali and Garus) Superb voice acting Great visuals for an RPG game (but not at "The Witcher" level) Excellent soundtrack and sound effects Tons of Re-playability The Fair: The ending Generic Villain The Bad: Mini-games are still boring More linear than Mass effect 1 The Gameplay is
    The Good:

Great story
    Memorable Characters
    Better character development (in particular of Tali and Garus)
    Superb voice acting
    Great visuals for an RPG game (but not at "The Witcher" level)
    Excellent soundtrack and sound effects
    Tons of Re-playability

The Fair:
    The ending
    Generic Villain

The Bad:
    Mini-games are still boring
    More linear than Mass effect 1
    The Gameplay is Less RPG oriented
  11. Feb 5, 2014
    a clear improvement over the original. improved graphics and gameplay, along with an even better story than the first. your character personality can be changed once again based on your actions. the ending is influenced by how loyal your squad members are to you which happens during loyalty missions, and in some cases, dialogue choices. the gameplay itself has been greatly improved and nowa clear improvement over the original. improved graphics and gameplay, along with an even better story than the first. your character personality can be changed once again based on your actions. the ending is influenced by how loyal your squad members are to you which happens during loyalty missions, and in some cases, dialogue choices. the gameplay itself has been greatly improved and now has special actions that take place during some cutscenes, somewhat like qte's. left clicking is a renegade action, and right clicking is a paragon action. there's a larger variety of guns and powers now, although no gun mods which is a little disappointing. the voice acting has improved a bit, and the characters are more interesting now, which is also nice. the only problems are that there are still glitches, mainly getting stuck on pieces of scenery and having to wait to die or restarting the mission or last save. Expand
  12. Sep 10, 2013
    I would have to say that Mass Effect 2 is the best game I've ever played, at least so far as story and character development. That's not to say the gameplay wasn't superb; it just doesn't quite give you the same adrenaline rush as blowing you enemies into little bits as you can in Borderlands 1 & 2, or sprinting through Call of Duty (4 or beyond) with a shotgun: getting an insane scoreI would have to say that Mass Effect 2 is the best game I've ever played, at least so far as story and character development. That's not to say the gameplay wasn't superb; it just doesn't quite give you the same adrenaline rush as blowing you enemies into little bits as you can in Borderlands 1 & 2, or sprinting through Call of Duty (4 or beyond) with a shotgun: getting an insane score streak and calling in a VTOL or something. The graphics were very good, especially considering that it is from early 2010; sure, it's not Crysis, but I really don't care. Also: the mineral collection pretty much sucked. I spent at probably 3-6 hours collecting minerals just to get all the upgrades I could: upping my first play through time to around 60 hours: of course, that is with beating virtually every side quest by the end of the game, (save a couple, and this is without DLCs). Another very annoying thing too me as an Infiltrator was the sniper slow-mo. I mean, seriously, around 5 seconds of slow motion (apparently at max level, which I did very early) to find your target I will admit, it does make the game much easier in hardcore/insanity, but it takes a lot of the challenge away. There was also far too much ammo around; I think they should have made it more like Crysis 2 in that regard, having some kind of tactical battlefield view, having to sprint with your tactical cloak to grab some more ammunition for your squad. There also should have been more weapons, and an inventory. While there were *enough* weapons to get the job done, I think it would have been much more enjoyable to once again have weapon/armor pickups, and weapon/armor mods instead of *powers* that do the same thing. Can't decide if I like or dislike not having grenades. The characters were again simply amazing: so much though and effort obviously went into them, and it was definitely a good choice on the devs part. There (can be) so much interaction between Shepard and the characters that by the end they really felt like more than just my crew, they were like family. What you say and do can have so much influence on what happens with and to them, (and vice versa, if you at all care about them), that you just really start feeling connected with them. Starting in the first game, but even more so in this game, did I really start too understand and sympathize with the plight of the Quarians (if you've played it, you can probably see some real world connections). You may also begin to reconsider the Geth as a whole, depending on what you do. Too sum it up: I give the Story 10/10, Characters 10/10, Voice Acting 9/10, Sound FX 9/10 Graphics 8/10, Overall Gameplay 8/10, Music 7/10 (Daft Punk works pretty well with it though), Space Exploration 6/10, Tactics 6/10. Last thing I have to say: Play it! Expand
  13. Sep 24, 2013
    Interesante y adictivo. Mejora mucho la historia con respecto a su predecesor, y ofrece otra perspectiva del universo Mass Effect. Es cierto que pierde elementos de rol (algo de lo que muchos se han quejado), pero no le doy importancia porque nunca consideré a esta saga "de rol". El primer Mass Effect ya me pareció más un "shooter" que otra cosa y este es una evolución un tanto lógica delInteresante y adictivo. Mejora mucho la historia con respecto a su predecesor, y ofrece otra perspectiva del universo Mass Effect. Es cierto que pierde elementos de rol (algo de lo que muchos se han quejado), pero no le doy importancia porque nunca consideré a esta saga "de rol". El primer Mass Effect ya me pareció más un "shooter" que otra cosa y este es una evolución un tanto lógica del estilo creado con el primer título. Expand
  14. Oct 21, 2013
    The abundant choices and seeing them impact and unfold as you play the game makes the choices seem meaningful. The combat, however is standard, wonderful game overall.
  15. Oct 27, 2013
    A gem of a game, engaging story with fun, sometimes tricky combat situations and also a surprisingly re-playable game where actions, sometimes silly and insignificant have followed you through the story [more game if you kept a save game from the first game]. Love it, Thank you Bioware.

Gab
    LoyalistN7
  16. Mar 6, 2014
    This game was my first in the Mass Effect series. Unfortunately I discovered the series way after it was popular. So at first I didn't know what the hub bub was about. If your new to the series at first it just seems a little flat. It seemed it was more about graphics and such. And the series seemed to be a more modern and not Star Wars universe rip off of KOTOR.

After you get playing

After you get playing you see what the series is about. It has a lot going for it. First it is a first person shooter for the average Joe. Then they throw in coordinated squad combat. They up the anti by giving you a character that can allow you to chose good or bad actions, as you choose without ruining the storyline. They wisely have you playing the title character but allow you to customize your story and looks. They also have you choose a class, but allow you to chose the way your character levels up. Which can greatly alter your game experience when you choose to replay the game.

Then they allow you to upgrade weapons, your ship and even choose how your squad mates level up. You can even just let your squad mates help you in fights or command them who to attack. But to make the game better they add mini games. Which just adds an entire new level of enjoyment to the game.

But the big draw is probably story. The game has a story line for you. You make choices that can affect the way your companions see you. And may subtly affect other aspects of the story. On top of that story you get other stories very much like the KOTOR series does.

In the end the game seems to take the best of the KOTOR series and change it up enough so that you have similarly great aspects. But with enough changes to make the system seem fresh and exciting.

Because you can choose to go in so many directions the game has great replay value. Certainly a game worth owning. And probably should be in any RPG fan's collection.
  17. Aug 8, 2014
    The controls....all the details....the storytelling....THE CHARACTERS! Mass Effect 2 improved a lot on Mass Effect's flaws, but kept all the lovely characters and details in storytelling the same. Mass Effect 2 was thrilling all the way to the end, nothing of it felt tedious and boring. I would always recommend this game to anyone.
  18. Sep 24, 2014
    Mass Effect 2 is truly a great sequel for such a great games. It cut the weak points in the original one, and added new features. The story is meaningful, dramatic, detail environment, good voice acting and heart-pumping combat. Although some elements are boring, such as scanning planets,... and the gameplay is focus on action while RPG element seems a little missing with limited characterMass Effect 2 is truly a great sequel for such a great games. It cut the weak points in the original one, and added new features. The story is meaningful, dramatic, detail environment, good voice acting and heart-pumping combat. Although some elements are boring, such as scanning planets,... and the gameplay is focus on action while RPG element seems a little missing with limited character building, gears and weapons,... but Mass Effect 2 is still one of BioWare's game, and its quality? No doubt. Expand
  19. Oct 22, 2014
    There's a very, very few games out there as satisfying as Bioware's action RPG masterpiece. From combat strategy variations to mining planets to gather resource, from taking important decisions (specially at the final stages) to pursuing a relationship with crew members; everything is mind bending. not for a single moment, you'll not fell thrilled. It's a must, must play game for anyThere's a very, very few games out there as satisfying as Bioware's action RPG masterpiece. From combat strategy variations to mining planets to gather resource, from taking important decisions (specially at the final stages) to pursuing a relationship with crew members; everything is mind bending. not for a single moment, you'll not fell thrilled. It's a must, must play game for any gamer.

I don't know when I'll play something like Mass Effect 2 in future - probably ever? Yeah, this is simply THAT MUCH good!!
  20. Nov 24, 2014
    A well-rounded and very solid sequel to the original. It improves on the first game in almost every aspect. The combat feels more fluid and much more fun, the graphics, story, and sound are better than ever.

It plays much like the original - an over the shoulder action/RPG. If you liked the first one, you will love this. There are reoccurring characters from the first game and the ability to import your ME1 character, along with all the decisions (and consequences). A really nice touch.

My only (minor) gripes is that the inventory and level-up system seems even further dumbed down compared to the first one. A definite con for those of you that like customisation in their RPGs. The galaxy map is also a little silly (and pointless). These however, are nit-picking an otherwise superb game - a game that it probably on my top 10 games of all time. Everyone should play it. Period.

Jimbo Rating: 9/10

1. Mass Effect 2 resumes with pride the path opened by the first game. This sequel is a lesson of how things should be made.
  2. Mass Effect 2 delivers a story that's deeper than what many novelists are capable of, and its action is better than what most Hollywood directors are creating nowadays. It's an addictive, engrossing experience that many gamers will replay over and over while they hold their breath waiting for the third game.
  3. A brilliant mix of shooter and role-playing, filled with great characters, excellent design, lots of action and clever dialogue. It's a shame though that Bioware did not improve the inventory and skill system of the first game, but actually reduced it even more. I really wished there were more customization options, more ways to develop and gear up my characters. But all these are merely small points of criticism, since there is so much to feel and experience in this game. Mass Effect 2 is a thrilling, emotional ride and ultimately every bit as good as its predecessor.