6.3

1. Jun 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My first play-throughs of the game always left me with a sense of emptiness, that my Shepard just spent years and sacrificed everything for nothing. Now with the extended cut I feel satisfied. I also like the added stuff on the run to the beam (I suggest taking your LI with you). Bioware did what many games would not and listened and improved upon the dismal ending. It won't satisfy everyone but it did me.

Satisfaction is in the eye of the beholder.
  2. Jun 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The extended cut has left me pretty satisfied, although there were a few bits I wished they did. More narration on the slide shows, and on Shepard's companions - like how they did in Baldur's Gate 2. Although the slide shows do give you a good enough impression on certain situations/characters, they don't show all of them.

But quite honestly this is good enough for me. I said to a friend that after ME3's original ending, I was done with Bioware. I was very reluctant to load up the Extended Cut due to further disappointment, but luckily I was wrong. That said, I won't jump into a Bioware game blindly like I used to, but I won't shy away from them as I would have, if they did not release this extended cut.
    Kudos to the team for making me believe in your work again.
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    It was neccesary, it cleared all my doubts and made the endings make more sense.
    It repaired a lot of damage caused by the horrible endings but many things are still unexplained.
    However, now i don't feel empty anymore and i'm not that angry as i used to be.
    I think they delivered a fantastic content and its well worth playing it.
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    BioWare's hubris knows no limits - this should have been on the game disc at release. I still feel embarrassed for them, as it is doubtful they could have foreseen the utter crap storm that would surround their highest regarded IP. The Extended Cut attempts to rectify numerous problems and adds a proper (varied) ending (kind of) and I'm grateful for the closure but the EC shares many of the same problems of the full game (bad writing, errors, makes no sense). You cannot polish a turd. RIP, Mass Effect. Collapse

There are no critic reviews yet.