Mass Effect 3: From Ashes PC

2.2

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Shameful that bioware thinks that this is okay.
    This isn't just a costume or something, it is a character important to the story.

They locked us out of content.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Day 1 DLC. When I buy the game I want the entire game, withholding content so you can make more money is absolutely atrocious. Stay classy Bioware. It wont be long before Bioware pays Metacritic to take down these reviews anyway.
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    Day 1 DLC. Prothean squadmate, on the disc. I don't care if it's not important to the main story. I don't care if you had a separate team working on it. You had it ready to be released alongside the game and on the disc itself. There is no excuse for this not being free for everyone. Shame on EA. Shame on Bioware. And shame on consumers for still blindly buying their crap and letting EADay 1 DLC. Prothean squadmate, on the disc. I don't care if it's not important to the main story. I don't care if you had a separate team working on it. You had it ready to be released alongside the game and on the disc itself. There is no excuse for this not being free for everyone. Shame on EA. Shame on Bioware. And shame on consumers for still blindly buying their crap and letting EA get away with it. Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2012
    It's appalling that they would release DLC on the day of release, whether it's critical to the story or not. Prices of games have risen drastically throughout the years and apparently $70 per sale isn't enough for them any more, even though digital sales are common now and cost them next to nothing to distribute digitally. This is disgusting and in future I will be downloading games fromIt's appalling that they would release DLC on the day of release, whether it's critical to the story or not. Prices of games have risen drastically throughout the years and apparently $70 per sale isn't enough for them any more, even though digital sales are common now and cost them next to nothing to distribute digitally. This is disgusting and in future I will be downloading games from this publisher from torrent sites or other warez sites until they sort their ethics out. Expand
  5. Mar 11, 2012
    Day one DLC..
    and afterward it seems that we can just delete a line of text to play the game with the new team member.
    this was supposed to be in the game. disgraceful. mass effect 3 is a great game - do not ruin it with greed.
  6. Mar 15, 2012
    From Ashes is one of the worst examples of DLC in recent memory. An example of a game developer removing content from the main game in order to get you to pay extra the only thing your really "downloading" is the lackluster mission to wake the character. The truth is you already have him with your Mass Effect 3 purchase and it only takes editing one game file to get him.
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    What's the worst part of this is that the DLC is actually good, but come on.. Day -14 DLC isn't obvious that It was cut from the game and even if It wasn't, It was still before release and It should have been a free-DLC (Witcher 2, anyone?). I'd rather advise you to get the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age than support this kind of bull****.
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    This Day 1 DLC is the most blatant examples of exploitation of The Mass Effect fan base. Portions of the "DLC" are integrated into the entire through line of the game. This confirms that the "DLC" was removed from the game. This may be the single most despicable money grab in modern gaming history. Totally UnCool...
  9. Mar 12, 2012
    complete crap, don't buy this **** It wouldn't of been so bad if not for three things. 1) It's day 1 DLC 2) The content in it is critical for the story 3) ITS TEN FREAKING DOLLARS!!! So the game isn't 70$, its actually 80$ now and then when they add more DLC it'll be 90$, 100$ and so on. **** that, I'm not buying this **** Pirating all games from EA and BIOWARE for now on.
  10. Mar 16, 2012
    As if day 1 DLC is not bad enough, this $10 purchase adds little or nothing to the game. About 20 minutes of gameplay, that adds very little to the story. The character added has very little to say on missions, and doesnt add anything special at all.
  11. Mar 8, 2012
    Lore affecting DLC, planned and produced long before the game went gold. It should have been included with the retail game. If this isn't a shameless grab for cash then I don't know what is.
  12. Mar 8, 2012
    This review is in protest of this day 1 DLC. I am sad that this isn't getting more news coverage on the gaming sites. This DLC basically caused me to not purchase this product. You have to draw a line somewhere, and making users pay 70 dollars to get a full game on the release date is an abhorrent business practice.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    To EA and Bioware (company that I adored for a decade now); you guys are pathetic capitalism whores. You are not true gamers! What you are now thinking? Ok, let's fool them again but next time we will not say them that we are making day one DLC, instead we will make DLC second week. I'm done with you guys, this is last game that I will buy from you!
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    Vastly overpriced for what you get, but then that's what I've come to expect from EA/Bioware. Don't waste your time or money and more importantly don't support this disgusting practice of Day 1 DLC.
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    Day one DLC, this is shamefur dispray by Bioware and EA. To enumerate the things that are objectively 'wrong' with Mass Effect 3 would take million **** years.
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    Terrible DLC. 10 dollars for something that shouldve been part of game. This stinks!!! On one hand, not important, on another, important enough to contain a friggin prothean!
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    I´m sorry Bioware.. For a while i loved your Studio and your Games, but you fool me with a DLC on the first day of the release from Mass Effect 3. I love the universe about Mass Effect and play 1 and 2 and read the books... but this.. sry... i order ME 3 in 2010 and at the end of waiting time i can only cancel my order at amazon... I can not support something like this. YouI´m sorry Bioware.. For a while i loved your Studio and your Games, but you fool me with a DLC on the first day of the release from Mass Effect 3. I love the universe about Mass Effect and play 1 and 2 and read the books... but this.. sry... i order ME 3 in 2010 and at the end of waiting time i can only cancel my order at amazon... I can not support something like this. You fool your fans and i don´t think that i would buy any upcoming games from you again... Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2012
    Piece of plot and game universe, that was cut out from the game and selling apart for additional money. Greed kills games, and this is the best example so far.
  19. Mar 10, 2012
    Day 1 DLC are ruining the gaming industry and forcing customers into buying premium packages that only deliver content which was deliberately cut from the game, thus rated 0/10.
  20. Mar 8, 2012
    As many other customers have said, this is indeed day one DLC. And because of that it deserves a null. It's also strange to see that this DLC features a MAJOR character for the story line. This feels like, for instance, ripping the tank and helicopter out of a team-based shooter. And selling this to you for 15 extra dollars. I find this really disgusting, and EA/Bioware loses some supportAs many other customers have said, this is indeed day one DLC. And because of that it deserves a null. It's also strange to see that this DLC features a MAJOR character for the story line. This feels like, for instance, ripping the tank and helicopter out of a team-based shooter. And selling this to you for 15 extra dollars. I find this really disgusting, and EA/Bioware loses some support for this from me. DLC would have been A-Ok if it was released after X amount of months after the first free patch of the game. Not during the launch. To bad Bioware, to bad. Sigvatr out. Expand
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    Day 1 DLC. And Bioware folks don't even blush by shipping it with the Collectors Edition. What is an obvious integral part of the game gets cut off, so that players have to pay extra money to get the full experience. Ridiculous.
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    day 1 dlc is a sick way to make money, just as most other people have said. especially when it is critical to the story. i really hope ea learn from this. money hungry bastards.
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Mass Effect 3, is in fact, DLC/Mass Effect 3, or as I've recently taken to calling it, DLC plus Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning DLC system made useful by the DLC corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising aI'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Mass Effect 3, is in fact, DLC/Mass Effect 3, or as I've recently taken to calling it, DLC plus Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning DLC system made useful by the DLC corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the DLC system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of DLC which is widely used today is often called "Mass Effect 3", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the DLC system, developed by the DLC Project. There really is a Mass Effect 3, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Mass Effect 3 is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Mass Effect 3 is normally used in combination with the DLC operating system: the whole system is basically DLC with Mass Effect 3 added, or DLC/Mass Effect 3. All the so-called "Mass Effect 3" distributions are really distributions of DLC/Mass Effect 3. Expand
  24. Mar 9, 2012
    I feel like idiot cos buying this DLC. BioWare, why you do this with people who buy your game? This content doesn't costs 10$, you're just losing now one more legit costumer. Its realy sad!
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    It's a shame that we have to pay for something cut from the game before release date. And also this "DLC" is pretty important for the story of the game. BioWare interests are only in making more money, too bad - 0.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    Havent played this P.O.S. DLC yet, but i would not even bother to buy any PRE-CUT CONTENT (PCC) aka DLC. This greedy DLC madness must be stopped. We are not milky cows, if we pay freaking 59-89$ for game, we freaking deserve it all! Why the hell we should pay 59$ for half of game and then buy 10 pieces of another half for extra 5$-10$ each? How many full game would cost? 59$+10x5$=109$ AreHavent played this P.O.S. DLC yet, but i would not even bother to buy any PRE-CUT CONTENT (PCC) aka DLC. This greedy DLC madness must be stopped. We are not milky cows, if we pay freaking 59-89$ for game, we freaking deserve it all! Why the hell we should pay 59$ for half of game and then buy 10 pieces of another half for extra 5$-10$ each? How many full game would cost? 59$+10x5$=109$ Are you freaking serious EA (and other greedy publishers such as activision, ubisoft, thq and so on)?
    100+ $ for a poor quality rushed half finished beta versions of games that would not be even patched and that not even stands close to quality of games of pre 2005-2012 era (i mean PS2, Xbox and GC and PC games of 1999-2005 era which was so well polished comparing to today's crap standarts) which cost back only 50$ for full game? Can you imagine movie, with cut ending, where you advertised to pay extra 10$ to see last 10 minutes?
    Or can you imagine movie where somewhere in the middle characters goes somewhere and you advertised to pay extra 10$, otherwise you could skip vital scene and would not know what happened in that 10 minutes in a middle and would continue from next scene which is not well connected to previos one without cut content???
    Can you image that you bought new Plasma TV, came home, and it doesnt have any cable, any remote controller, it doestn even have that magic chip that decodes video, and you advertised to pay extra 10$ for every pre-cut component to make your new TV complete?
    Can you imagine book with pre-cut pages in a middle with advertising to pay extra 10$ to get missing pages?
    Can you imagine music track with cut lyrics and advertising to pay extra 10$ to turn on lyrics?
    Can you imagine surgery when you are advertised to pay extra 10$ to sew your belly up after they cut you?
    Can you imagine such an insane greedy world where you need to pay extra 10$ for every minor part of major thing, that should be part of this thing for free and always was before?
    I think EA employees deserve to live in world like that, where they need to pay extra 10$ for every freaking thing that should be part of their lives for free!
    This is exactly what EA, Ubi, Activision and other major publishers do with games last years! In pre 2005 all the extra content was free addition with patches made after user request! What greediness have done to this industry during last years? It only ruining it! We - customers should not tolerate this kind of crap!
    We should ignore any paid DLC or pirate DLC (i must note that they are easily piratable even on consoles with some tools and knowledge) because this is illegally pre-cut content that we already paid for when we paid for game!
    If we would stop buying DLC, publishers would finally understand that this was freaking mistake and will try something else and will stop pre-cuting their games.
  27. Mar 7, 2012
    Kuraiholy, who are you trying to kid? Bioware employees upvoting their **** games is one thing, but don't you have a sense of dignity? Upvoting day 1 DLC? Marked it as advertising. **** you.
  28. Mar 7, 2012
    This content should have been on the disc, or at least freely available to everyone who purchased a new copy of the game. This was the case with the first story DLC for Mass Effect 2, in order to encourage players to buy a new copy of the game instead of a used one. But now EA apparently thinks that the awful Origin is enough to prevent the sale of used copies, so of course they had to goThis content should have been on the disc, or at least freely available to everyone who purchased a new copy of the game. This was the case with the first story DLC for Mass Effect 2, in order to encourage players to buy a new copy of the game instead of a used one. But now EA apparently thinks that the awful Origin is enough to prevent the sale of used copies, so of course they had to go a step further and charge money for the day 1 DLC. No one should buy this DLC, if only to discourage EA from such schemes. Expand
  29. Mar 16, 2012
    Actually I didn't play it. And I won't. The idea behind this release makes me sick. Greed, Greed... and Greed. Bioware shame on you. You won't get my cash for sure.
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    Day one DLC? Everyone go pirate this game.
    Gaming is becoming complete ****

31. Mar 7, 2012
    Day 1 DLC, combined with the cost of the PC game comes up to $70. Even Bobby Kotlck isn't that much of a douchbag to screw customers.

The content was in the demo, so this story about it being produced after the cut of the game is ****
  32. Mar 17, 2012
    Day One DLC FAIL. Let this be a warning to all developers and publishers that want to pull this crap off. This is UNACCEPTABLE AFTER A $70 DOLLAR PURCHASE!
  33. Mar 18, 2012
    greedisgood 999999999, EA/BioWare guys ? FY. You will loose all your fans/gamer's community with this kind of sh*t. Just keep going. Maybe you should take money for each level of your games ? It will be better for both gamers and you: you will please your greed and gamers can understand all sh*tness of your future games (if they will be like Crap Effect 3) without paying full price for it.
  34. Apr 14, 2012
    Day 1 DLC is morally forbidden. Worse with relevant content.
    A bit more mone today with this practice mean loss in the future. This is Day 1 marketing lesson, remember?
  35. May 21, 2012
    i have the digital deluxe edition and its obvious for me that this dlc was originally a part of the game that got cut out to be sold as a dlc... terrible terrible dlc practice
  36. Mar 19, 2012
    The saddest thing is,this really is great dlc, worthy of a 10, alas, day 1 dlc which should have been included in the game,BW...you got my cash,but you reap what you sow. score 3
  37. Mar 20, 2012
    The actually content of the DLC is pretty good, and if you are familiar with the Lore of the Mass Effect universe you will understand this rating. It is very obvious that this was cut from the game to sell as a day one dlc. If the is is way Bioware is going to operate I am glad that other developers are taking up the torch that Bioware seems to have thrown away.
  38. Jun 24, 2013
    This is by far the worst DLC ever. Day 1, with story essential content. This DLC is also insanely short about 15 20 minutes. But these 2 thinks are not enough this DLC also gives you insanely overpowered particle rifle witch you can get really soon in story campaign, so you wil never need to switch weapon from it again. It is most accurate weapon in the game and got unlimited amo.

There are no critic reviews yet.