6.4

1. Dec 3, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? Mass Effect (1, 2 & yes, 3) is one of the greatest games/sci-fi series ever! I'm wondering if those who continue to repeat the "ending sucks" mantra have actually played through with the extended cut. The EC answers all your questions...yes, for those of you to challenged to figure it out before. Levithan is a great little addition to the overall game and I enjoyed it very much. The battles were good and the end scenes were awesome. All of the whiners need to get over it... Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    The game has a good replay value if you started at the beginning of the trilogy. I started at ME3 and played through almost 2 dozen times before buying 1 & 2.. The dialog changed and the game became harder to choose the right answers between paragon and rebel. I am now on my second play through of the trilogy with the same character altering my previous choices and load outs. From the original to the third it gets better and better.

If you want a challenge turn up the heat and play on hard. It's just a game to idle away your time, If you can write your own script and craft a game, do it don't whine about it.
  3. Sep 9, 2012
    If you can look past ME3's ending failure, the galactic readiness retardation, and the many other blatent shortcomings that amounted to a "I'm embarrassed for you" reaction to Bioware from heartbroken fans, than you will agree that the Leviathan DLC by itself is pretty damn good. once you tie it into the rest of the trilogy, it loses its appeal due to how it impacts the end of the trilogy, which is to say, it really doesn't. its basically a Lore DLC, nothing more. Boy do I wish it was more than that.

In my opinion, the entire Levi DLC is masterfully done, and I was on the edge of my seat for some of it. there are some reveals throughout that tie up loose ends from ME 1 and 2, like who was controlling the rachni etc... as far as value goes, its worth the 10 bucks. it even may have some replayability, who knows.

What this DLC does wrong, is that it only reinforces to the hardcore fans of Mass Effect that the ending of ME3 was a half-baked disaster. The leviathans should have been the answer to the reapers, along with all the races that you united, not the obscure and left-field catalyst & crucible bull****. It's heartbreaking when Bioware can make content that is beyond excellent, and yet at the same time defend the worst ending in gaming history. It's like Bioware has two heads... ;) As a DLC itself, if you can put aside that it is yet another middle finger to anyone that dislikes ME3's ending, Leviathan of Dis is the best ME DLC since Lair of the Shadowbroker. aside from the part where you realize its just an increase in Gaylactic Readiness, everything else is well done, well polished, and fun to play. There were even a few times where I forgot I was Playing ME3, and thought It was a ME2 DLC. that in itself is a sign that something was done right.

Overall, I Can't justify giving this DLC less than a perfect score. After all, I am rating the DLC, not the full game here. Its just too bad that paid reviewers are now talking about the ending in the review of this DLC, and rating this DLC on the ending of ME3. if they were worth their salt, they would re-rate the actual game itself instead based on the ending, instead of trashing a great DLC.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing first SP DLC with more content about the reaper history, and those who created them.
    To be honest, i was absolutely mind-blown and stunned when i saw that underwater scene with Leaviathan showing up. (Their race is called Leviathan)
    Its amazing because i never expected the first race of the galaxy to be alive and be organic, but they are there deep in the ocean and they are hiding from their own synthetic creation that turned against them and its harvesting every civilization every 50.000 years.

All in all this DLC is way beyond awesome and its well worth the money, they did a tremendous job with this.
    This is exactly the kind of content that i been looking for so long.

Three hours of important revelations (lore-wise) this is a powerful, robust DLC pack. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    There's nothing here that casual fans will feel they have to see, but for those still looking for deeper insight into this world, or simply looking for more Mass Effect, this is another few hours of solid entertainment.
  3. Oct 9, 2012
    Leviathan is the equivalent to the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. It has no ambition to transform the game series, it just wants to be joyful Mass Effect 3 gameplay experience. Do not expect any revolution or story revelation, and you will be satisfied.