6.6

1. Aug 29, 2012
    I like this, I like the plot, the concept, the locations, the creepy atmosphere. Pretty short adventure i must say, but it's connection to the main game plot and to Mass Effect Universe is amazing, there are some really interesting details in this DLC. Besides I really liked the visuals, bravo to Bioware artists!
  2. Aug 29, 2012
    An average so-so expansion, stock shooting gallery parts with mild detective/problem solving portions similar to the ME2 DLCs like Overlord, though much smaller. Price tag a bit hefty considering the amount of content (I finished this in an hour and a half). As expected, the finality of the game's ending doesn't leave any DLC room to manoeuvre so at best you're getting a couple of hoursAn average so-so expansion, stock shooting gallery parts with mild detective/problem solving portions similar to the ME2 DLCs like Overlord, though much smaller. Price tag a bit hefty considering the amount of content (I finished this in an hour and a half). As expected, the finality of the game's ending doesn't leave any DLC room to manoeuvre so at best you're getting a couple of hours extra game time and a small revelation or two regarding the origins of the Reapers and the Catalyst AI. Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2013
    i don't know why this DLC was not included in the game the plot of this DLC is really important in the story and explains a lot of things at the ending it is kinda short but still it is amazing
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing first SP DLC with more content about the reaper history, and those who created them.
    To be honest, i was absolutely mind-blown and stunned when i saw that underwater scene with Leaviathan showing up. (Their race is called Leviathan)
    Its amazing because i never expected the first race of the galaxy to be alive and be organic, but they are there deep in the ocean and they are hiding from their own synthetic creation that turned against them and its harvesting every civilization every 50.000 years.

All in all this DLC is way beyond awesome and its well worth the money, they did a tremendous job with this.
    This is exactly the kind of content that i been looking for so long.
  5. Aug 29, 2012
    "Ehhh." That's what I thought when I finished this. The investigation scenes are pretty fun, and I like how my companions are actually taking part in the mission, not like in Mass Effect 2, where they didn't say a word if it wasn't their personal mission. A lot of the scenery was great, too. The cutscenes and the plot were the weaker points of this DLC. A lot of the cutscenes are sloppy."Ehhh." That's what I thought when I finished this. The investigation scenes are pretty fun, and I like how my companions are actually taking part in the mission, not like in Mass Effect 2, where they didn't say a word if it wasn't their personal mission. A lot of the scenery was great, too. The cutscenes and the plot were the weaker points of this DLC. A lot of the cutscenes are sloppy. For example, there's a part where Shepard turns around and shoots a burst. Thing is, they only made the weapon firing for assault rifles, and my Shepard shot a burst with a sniper rifle. Aha. In another scene, one of my companion is shooting at an area where there are only 2 enemies, and they are attacking each other. The plot, while it seems fascinating, is riddled with plotholes, and contradicts the first Mass Effect several times. The DLC also doesn't interact with the ending as much as it should. I say if you can ignore the cutscenes' fault and the plot's mistakes, it's quite enjoyable. Expand
  6. Sep 6, 2012
    So, first of all, the $10 price tag is too expensive. I'll admit it though--I did not play it; I watched it on youtube, so I can't really comment on the puzzles part, which seems rather frustrating on youtube.
    Anyways. It feels way too much like Bioware's another attempt at justifying the ending of the game instead of any good content and turns out to be a tryhard attempt. It, again, tries to establith "synthetics vs orgaincs" as the central conflict by saying "synthetics vs organics is the central conflict", which at the end of the day is not effective.
  7. Aug 31, 2012
    This is a rather short DLC with little combat. It was basically just created to try and answer many of the questions about the reapers that were never answered, but it also raises even more questions and in some respects also contradicts the ending of Mass Effect 3. It is easy to notice that the writers are trying to fix the horrible ending that we had in Mass Effect 3, although theyThis is a rather short DLC with little combat. It was basically just created to try and answer many of the questions about the reapers that were never answered, but it also raises even more questions and in some respects also contradicts the ending of Mass Effect 3. It is easy to notice that the writers are trying to fix the horrible ending that we had in Mass Effect 3, although they obviously (and purposly) left many questions still unanswered... we will probably get little snippets of info over the next few DLCs. ^^

This DLC is not worth 10$ imo though, seeing that it raises just as many questions as it answers and is also rather short. The only interesting part of this DLC is the last 5 minutes anyway - The rest of the story in the DLC is just "filling" that is not very well written and as such does not even make much sense (the writers had trouble trying to write a path to Shepards destination). It would probably be better to wait until they finish all they DLCs and but them as a package at a reduced price.
  8. Oct 7, 2012
    Why oh why play/buy/have this, when you already know the end? Really one of the best developer teams of the world (at least a few years ago) turn out to be mentally retarded five year olds? You know everything right from the start, you know what happens in the end, what's the point in playing this? Wasn't ALREADY dumb enough? The galaxy ended in peace. That's all... Or if it was a fable,Why oh why play/buy/have this, when you already know the end? Really one of the best developer teams of the world (at least a few years ago) turn out to be mentally retarded five year olds? You know everything right from the start, you know what happens in the end, what's the point in playing this? Wasn't ALREADY dumb enough? The galaxy ended in peace. That's all... Or if it was a fable, who wants to put effort in it again. So the next story will be also a stupid fable... It's not like the Longest Journey, wake up. There everything fitted in place. Here it's just a joke to pump out more money from disappointed fans. (And if you give your opinion on this on Bioware's site, they censorize you, shut you up, delete you and ban you. That's how they treat people of whom the make (made) a living...) Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? Mass Effect (1, 2 & yes, 3) is one of the greatest games/sci-fi series ever! I'm wondering if those who continue to repeat the "ending sucks" mantra have actually played through with the extended cut. The EC answers all your questions...yes, for those of you to challenged to figure it out before. Levithan is a great little addition to the overall game andWhat is wrong with you people? Mass Effect (1, 2 & yes, 3) is one of the greatest games/sci-fi series ever! I'm wondering if those who continue to repeat the "ending sucks" mantra have actually played through with the extended cut. The EC answers all your questions...yes, for those of you to challenged to figure it out before. Levithan is a great little addition to the overall game and I enjoyed it very much. The battles were good and the end scenes were awesome. All of the whiners need to get over it... Expand
  10. Sep 9, 2012
    If you can look past ME3's ending failure, the galactic readiness retardation, and the many other blatent shortcomings that amounted to a "I'm embarrassed for you" reaction to Bioware from heartbroken fans, than you will agree that the Leviathan DLC by itself is pretty damn good. once you tie it into the rest of the trilogy, it loses its appeal due to how it impacts the end of the trilogy,If you can look past ME3's ending failure, the galactic readiness retardation, and the many other blatent shortcomings that amounted to a "I'm embarrassed for you" reaction to Bioware from heartbroken fans, than you will agree that the Leviathan DLC by itself is pretty damn good. once you tie it into the rest of the trilogy, it loses its appeal due to how it impacts the end of the trilogy, which is to say, it really doesn't. its basically a Lore DLC, nothing more. Boy do I wish it was more than that.

In my opinion, the entire Levi DLC is masterfully done, and I was on the edge of my seat for some of it. there are some reveals throughout that tie up loose ends from ME 1 and 2, like who was controlling the rachni etc... as far as value goes, its worth the 10 bucks. it even may have some replayability, who knows.

What this DLC does wrong, is that it only reinforces to the hardcore fans of Mass Effect that the ending of ME3 was a half-baked disaster. The leviathans should have been the answer to the reapers, along with all the races that you united, not the obscure and left-field catalyst & crucible bull****. It's heartbreaking when Bioware can make content that is beyond excellent, and yet at the same time defend the worst ending in gaming history. It's like Bioware has two heads... ;) As a DLC itself, if you can put aside that it is yet another middle finger to anyone that dislikes ME3's ending, Leviathan of Dis is the best ME DLC since Lair of the Shadowbroker. aside from the part where you realize its just an increase in Gaylactic Readiness, everything else is well done, well polished, and fun to play. There were even a few times where I forgot I was Playing ME3, and thought It was a ME2 DLC. that in itself is a sign that something was done right.

Overall, I Can't justify giving this DLC less than a perfect score. After all, I am rating the DLC, not the full game here. Its just too bad that paid reviewers are now talking about the ending in the review of this DLC, and rating this DLC on the ending of ME3. if they were worth their salt, they would re-rate the actual game itself instead based on the ending, instead of trashing a great DLC.
  11. Aug 29, 2012
    If you're still playing Mass Effect games for the story then you simply haven't learned your lesson. Mass Effect is all about the show now. It is nothing more than spectacle at this point. Keeping that in mind Leviathan is a short but enjoyable experience. Unfortunately it doesn't deliver enough gameplay value to justify its price tag.
  12. Apr 27, 2013
    Probably the weakest Mass Effect 3 DLC, a title it shares with the Omega DLC. Contains a lot of back story and promises a lot but doesn't really deliver when it matters and doesn't feel like it has any real impact on the rest of the story once it's over its own self contained story driven mission.
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    I'm not sure what the point of this DLC is. Ninety percent of the DLC is spent trying to reach an end goal that is pretty underwhelming. Don't be surprised if you find yourself asking, "is that all?" when the DLC missions are complete. If you're expecting Leviathan to be integrated into the main storyline beyond a few lines of additional dialogue then you're going to end up being sorelyI'm not sure what the point of this DLC is. Ninety percent of the DLC is spent trying to reach an end goal that is pretty underwhelming. Don't be surprised if you find yourself asking, "is that all?" when the DLC missions are complete. If you're expecting Leviathan to be integrated into the main storyline beyond a few lines of additional dialogue then you're going to end up being sorely disappointed. Save your $10. Expand
  14. Sep 29, 2012
    I must admit I played this game DLC at my girlfriends as I would never give Bioware/Origin a single penny more. What did I think unbiasedly decent DLC but really just shows that the game was broken from the start. Origin is spyware and its up to the user if thats what they want on their P.C this is not my opinion its the opinion of everyone who has looked more closely at the Origin gameI must admit I played this game DLC at my girlfriends as I would never give Bioware/Origin a single penny more. What did I think unbiasedly decent DLC but really just shows that the game was broken from the start. Origin is spyware and its up to the user if thats what they want on their P.C this is not my opinion its the opinion of everyone who has looked more closely at the Origin game launcher. Origin having the worst customer service score on the net again not my opinion google it. After Origin/Bioware blocked my access to a game I purchsed from them I got Paypal to get my money back from them which they did. So If you note Paypal rarely find for the customer against large companies yet they did in my case. Should make you think. Expand
  15. Aug 30, 2012
    Well, meh. DLC that answers one question that was obvious and one question that no one asked. Way too short for the price. And since you basically can only make one choice (which by now we know is ultimately irrelevant anyway) I don't see much gain in playing it because watching it on YouTube offers the same entertainment experience.
    It is not bad, but just ... meh.
  16. Oct 12, 2012
    Boring and tedious. The plot could have fit in a thimble. I admit, the bogus hype got me. People were saying it was as good or better than Overlord and as good as the Shadow Broker. Uh, NO. Time spent in the lab "sleuthing" clues is laughable and the accompanying missions pretty insipid. I was really hoping the underwater portion with the diving mech would make up for all that but no.Boring and tedious. The plot could have fit in a thimble. I admit, the bogus hype got me. People were saying it was as good or better than Overlord and as good as the Shadow Broker. Uh, NO. Time spent in the lab "sleuthing" clues is laughable and the accompanying missions pretty insipid. I was really hoping the underwater portion with the diving mech would make up for all that but no. Pretty cool concept with a shallow implementation. So I get o sit in a sub and walk around underwater in a predefined path, nothing special here. Basically it comes down to a shooter with maybe a sentence's worth of plot. It's clear where Casey Hudson and EA are going with this franchise. Regret purchasing it for my PC, certainly won't purchase for my PS3 as well (which I will do for really good games/DLC). Ciao EA/BioWare. Expand
  17. Aug 28, 2012
    Worthless, just like the game. Its almost like a comedy when you try to keep track of all the inconsistencies in the "story". Also the retcon is hilarious. The Mass Effect 3 universe is much like the Days of our lives TV-show. It simply has no point.
  18. Sep 5, 2012
    I play the game for the story so I was excited about this DLC, bought it the day it was released for PC and there are serious bugs with it, which is why I'm rating it a 5 instead of a 10, the overall story is great for the DLC and it actually tells me where the Reapers came from which is a very interesting entity in the Mass Effect universe obviously. There is just 0 quality control withI play the game for the story so I was excited about this DLC, bought it the day it was released for PC and there are serious bugs with it, which is why I'm rating it a 5 instead of a 10, the overall story is great for the DLC and it actually tells me where the Reapers came from which is a very interesting entity in the Mass Effect universe obviously. There is just 0 quality control with EA/BioWare anymore, there is a game breaking ladder glitch that you have to look up and shake the mouse violently to get to work, or using mods like noclipping it, which is unacceptable, hence why I'm giving it a 5 out of 10 Collapse
  19. Oct 14, 2012
    The game has a good replay value if you started at the beginning of the trilogy. I started at ME3 and played through almost 2 dozen times before buying 1 & 2.. The dialog changed and the game became harder to choose the right answers between paragon and rebel. I am now on my second play through of the trilogy with the same character altering my previous choices and load outs. From theThe game has a good replay value if you started at the beginning of the trilogy. I started at ME3 and played through almost 2 dozen times before buying 1 & 2.. The dialog changed and the game became harder to choose the right answers between paragon and rebel. I am now on my second play through of the trilogy with the same character altering my previous choices and load outs. From the original to the third it gets better and better.

If you want a challenge turn up the heat and play on hard. It's just a game to idle away your time, If you can write your own script and craft a game, do it don't whine about it.
  20. Aug 29, 2012
    The Leviathan DLC is a bang for your 10 bucks. It gives a tight, engrossing mystery of a plot to unravel through a mixture of typical ME3 shooter gameplay and some neat new game mechanics (think LA Noire in space), a few new guns and mods, and a lasting impact on the universe of ME3. The quality and effort put into the DLC is evident through small touches such as new unique dialogue andThe Leviathan DLC is a bang for your 10 bucks. It gives a tight, engrossing mystery of a plot to unravel through a mixture of typical ME3 shooter gameplay and some neat new game mechanics (think LA Noire in space), a few new guns and mods, and a lasting impact on the universe of ME3. The quality and effort put into the DLC is evident through small touches such as new unique dialogue and interaction with each squadmate/love interest (something I always thought was missing from previous DLC's) and in the level of detail put into each new environment you explore. The shooting and standard Reaper killing will feel overly familiar at times, but the focus of the DLC is the story and the new game mechanics it experiments with. And the story? Its a reeeeally good one and I won't spoil a moment of it because it needs to be played. Lets just say, it feels like the first step into something grander, while giving a ton of fascinating backstory to the Reapers.
    Which brings me to the elephant in the room; how the DLC affects the much maligned ending of the game, if at all. No, Leviathan is not a major reworking of the games ending as some fans are holding out for. Yes, it adds new layers and dephs to the Reapers and to the final decisions you make. And reportedly, this DLC results in new content and dialogue at the end of the game. If you are absolutely determined to not accept or try to understand Biowares ending to the ME universe and allow this to color your enjoyment of the series on a whole, this DLC will do nothing for you. If however you are interested in enriching and deepening your Mass Effect universe while enjoying some new in game missions along side your squadmates, Leviathan is a great piece of content for the price its at. Its implications, story wise, should not be ignored. And if you are losing faith in Bioware as a company of story tellers as I am, this DLC just may be the first step to them winning you back.
  21. Aug 29, 2012
     I had hoped for something that would coax me back into the Mass Effect universe; Leviathan did an outstanding job of disappointing me.  The only thing that did change was a few "honorable mention" questions during that dreadful ending that already has plagued this game.

The animation of the key NPCs made them look like a 1970's Disney "wax faced" animatronic show.  The overall graphics wasn't too bad and the game play was pretty good, and couple of times the facial animation was actually acceptable (the look of the indoctrinated was quit effective in making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up)  Sadly though...

That was about it.

I am now about as disappointed as I can be with this disastrous game.  A story isn't anything without a good ending--that can either be the monument for a great work of art...or the weakest link in a chain. Leviathan didn't make the game any better, it just sprayed a bit of Rustoleum® on the link in question.

Thanks, Bioware!

Class dismissed.
  22. Sep 5, 2012

Three hours of important revelations (lore-wise) this is a powerful, robust DLC pack. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    There's nothing here that casual fans will feel they have to see, but for those still looking for deeper insight into this world, or simply looking for more Mass Effect, this is another few hours of solid entertainment.
  3. Oct 9, 2012
    Leviathan is the equivalent to the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. It has no ambition to transform the game series, it just wants to be joyful Mass Effect 3 gameplay experience. Do not expect any revolution or story revelation, and you will be satisfied.