5.7

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Game is way over-hyped. Gameplay has been nerfed and the locations are not as exciting as Mass Effect 2. top it all off, the male-on-male love scenes are disgustingly inappropriate in my opinion. Dead Space is a better trilogy. Gamer beware.
  2. Mar 11, 2012
    I dont know...I just dont even know. Like the first two, this game is a bland slow game about a space marine fighting a space evil bent killing stuff. You fight it by slowly walking down hallways and slowly aiming at slow moving targets. "fun". I kinda enjoyed the other two...even though they had odd unneeded limitations and were relatively bland, they could have been worse. ThisI dont know...I just dont even know. Like the first two, this game is a bland slow game about a space marine fighting a space evil bent killing stuff. You fight it by slowly walking down hallways and slowly aiming at slow moving targets. "fun". I kinda enjoyed the other two...even though they had odd unneeded limitations and were relatively bland, they could have been worse. This one...I couldnt get into this one. It was particularly poorly written. Without getting into specifics, the "fixes" to the other game's issues were half-assed. The game felt like it was forced, with some kind of agenda...I just dont know. I guess I could give it a higher score based on graphics and production values...but I feel I have to rate this game in comparison to the others, which I already consider average (5) Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    Until the end of this game, it was the greatest thing that I ever played. The endings made all my work for naught, I believe that I have been cheated and lied to. "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." - Professor Farnsworth
  4. Apr 30, 2012
    This game completely ignores the cannon of the last few games. One of the most serious grievances is the ending, which ignores stated cannon so as not to render shephard a worse war criminal then any before.

To those who did not buy the Arrival DLC for the second game, you are left staring and wondering "What did shephard do?" Even then, shephard being reinstated as a spectre is something that would have applied to the situation.

From the Day 1 DLC that has conversations that run the entire game to non sequitors and poor writing throughout the plot. The required aspect of multiplayer is frustrating for those who were sold on the idea of "Not having to play that aspect of the game."

Furthermore: the multiplayer is bland and uninteresting, relying on a single game mode in small arena maps with laggy and buggy gameplay. combined with the touch and go of searching for a lobby resulting in failing to find a game three out of ten times, makes it more a display in frustration then fun.

The quality of the game resembles that of a call of duty clone more then a game relying on single-player experiences, making it feel unrelated to the first two.
  5. May 15, 2012
    faults, not a good game. The writing, poor and drab, the quality is bad. Now we have an awful game. What will we do? Never buy an EA game again. Sorry and goodbye
  6. May 17, 2012
    Game unrealistic expectations. But it could be the best RPG zaposlednie years.
    Of the levels of the arena did, the illusion of choice and stupid ending.
  7. Jun 29, 2012
    Horrible scenario, horrible missons, horrible teammates, horrible endings, horrible controlling, horrible and very long dialogs and War Assests... Mass Effect 3 is horrible. Mass Effect 2 is the best.
  8. May 16, 2012
    This is what happens when EA gets involved. Doesn't feel anything like the previous two games, crap story, dull cut-scenes with limited interactivity, very recursive game play. Also decisions from previous two games don't mean anything whatsoever. Avoid at all costs for any true ME Fan.
  9. Jul 19, 2013
    2.9 Mass Effect games I played with the utmost fun. I absolutely love those games. I was astonished by their beauty in all aspects. After the last 0.1 of the last game I will probably never play them again within the next few years at the very least. I just can't bring myself to even install any of them, knowing how terribly bad it will end. Seriously there is no motivation to do anything2.9 Mass Effect games I played with the utmost fun. I absolutely love those games. I was astonished by their beauty in all aspects. After the last 0.1 of the last game I will probably never play them again within the next few years at the very least. I just can't bring myself to even install any of them, knowing how terribly bad it will end. Seriously there is no motivation to do anything anymore. Its as if you do something you believe to be worthwhile for years, and then you are told: "Oh sorry, but you know, no one needs it, so scram!"
    3 best games ruined with a single ending. Its a pity that the all so perfect Indoctrination theory didn't find place in a DLC.
  10. Sep 23, 2013
    i have been spending hours upon hours trying to get mass effect 3 to work, its not my pc's fault, i keep on getting error after error from either origin and this DRM infested %"$!.
    i think i've spent more time trying to get the game to work than playing, once i get it to work, i play, when i finish my gaming session i go out, when i try to play it again i get another error, i spend another hour on the internet trying to find a fix to this junk..its starting to get really irritating...thanks EA for not letting me play the game i payed money for.
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    The fan reviews doesn't lie, the ME franchise was ruined with this game. The way the ending was done have completely ruined the great ME experience for me. This a long with other poor choices made in ME 3 has laid a foundation for a terrible game. 2 out of 10 is what I have given it. This development of the franchise really has me fearing for the future of the ME series.
  12. Sep 12, 2013
    friends and other people have been telling me to buy this, now I've finally got it and what a mistake that was, there are three options at the start of the game action I was tempted because most games these days only do action right? because they can't make a good story, role play no thanks I'm alright I'm not going to pretend that this is my life and finally story mode has a shooter thesefriends and other people have been telling me to buy this, now I've finally got it and what a mistake that was, there are three options at the start of the game action I was tempted because most games these days only do action right? because they can't make a good story, role play no thanks I'm alright I'm not going to pretend that this is my life and finally story mode has a shooter these days finally got a good story! no the story of this is the world is getting attacked! if that hasn't been used a load, so yeah I choose story because for once in these new games I want a good story not just go here and kill everyone then go here and press this, while i was playing i would be cut off by cut scenes it was constant and it got annoying I got bored so fast I don't know if that's just if you choose story or if its like that with action to but soon as I forget about this game I might give it another go Expand
  13. Apr 18, 2017
    The day BioWare just stopped trying. Sometimes I think that every single person from Electronic Arts hates me personally. Why else would they brutally murder two of my favorite game developing companies?

1 out of 7: zero effort.
  14. Mar 18, 2012
    i wrote a review before finalizing the game. unfortunately the game ending as it stands ruins everything. dont play/buy it until it gets fixed. the writes somehow thought it would be cool to change a (Great) mainstream popcorn emotional decision driven action-rpg to a linear pace ending with three "pick your color" option endings (completely meaningless) trying to move to "art" and noti wrote a review before finalizing the game. unfortunately the game ending as it stands ruins everything. dont play/buy it until it gets fixed. the writes somehow thought it would be cool to change a (Great) mainstream popcorn emotional decision driven action-rpg to a linear pace ending with three "pick your color" option endings (completely meaningless) trying to move to "art" and not closing anything.
    its very unsatisfactory and dumb. AVOID.
  15. Mar 12, 2012
    Despite its shortcomings, I did enjoy ME3 and wished it didn't end. The biggest issue for everyone is the conclusion of this great series. It feels like Bioware just gave up trying to make the ending mean something.
    They improved combat mechanics but the battles/missions are still same old, kill all, survive, get to point A, etc.. In the final mission I expected to utilize all of my squad, since they build up this huge battle with entire galaxy joining forces. No, you pick 2 of your squad members and that's it. Although I hate DLCs, I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought of buying if Bioware released a TRUE ending DLC.
  16. Apr 5, 2012
    Major technical problems including inability to set vsync on, stuttering with high performance graphics and zero support for eyefinity. Unplayable due to the stuttering
  17. May 26, 2012
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list:
    1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic. 9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less. 8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'. 7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny. 6. Hellraiser. It has a nice plot and Pinhead is
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list:
    1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic.
    9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less.
    8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'.
    7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny.
    6. Hellraiser. It has a nice plot and Pinhead is awesome.
    5. Sleepaway Camp. Nobody remembers this movie but I reckon it was KICKASS.
    4. Nightmare on Elm Street. Also classic.
    3. Friday the 13th. Jason is almost too KICKASS.
    2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pretty messed up but it kept me on the edge of my seat.
    (Drumrolls)
    1. Halloween. Myers is slightly KICKASS and the movie was brilliant.
  18. Nov 12, 2012
    A disappointing game that plays with the edges of the fundamentals of M1 and M2, but otherwise is non innovative. The major problem, though, is the plot, particularly the finale, which is very disappointing considering all the time and effort I (and many other players) put into the entire series. The ending is simplistic and the lead-up to it is long and tiring (the fight to the towerA disappointing game that plays with the edges of the fundamentals of M1 and M2, but otherwise is non innovative. The major problem, though, is the plot, particularly the finale, which is very disappointing considering all the time and effort I (and many other players) put into the entire series. The ending is simplistic and the lead-up to it is long and tiring (the fight to the tower never seemed to end). If you've played the other two in the series, I don't think I'd recommend completing it...this is just too disappointing of an ending to recommend to anyone. Expand
  19. Jun 6, 2015
    After 2 or 3 years and 2 computers, I still cannot even truly start this game. Near the beginning, during the tutorial there is a door. It refuses to open. I can't fairly rate the rest of the game, but so far what I have personally experienced is:
    Un-skippable cutscenes
    Poor Controls A game breaking bug at the beginning of the game Weird physics and general glitchyness (Sheppard
    Un-skippable cutscenes
    Poor Controls
    A game breaking bug at the beginning of the game
    Weird physics and general glitchyness (Sheppard noticeably sunk into the floor for example)
    Poor graphics control (Got motion sickness? Good luck.)
  20. Jan 5, 2013
    These days I play just RPG's (And the occasional session on WoW), I have all but lost faith in the FPS and RTS Genres. Nothing quite sucks me in like an RPG with a; Riveting Plot, Interesting Characters, Good Gameplay and a powerful sense of Immersion. Mass Effect 1, although lacking in the Gameplay department, was 10/10 on every single other aspect of the game. Mass Effect 2 corrected theThese days I play just RPG's (And the occasional session on WoW), I have all but lost faith in the FPS and RTS Genres. Nothing quite sucks me in like an RPG with a; Riveting Plot, Interesting Characters, Good Gameplay and a powerful sense of Immersion. Mass Effect 1, although lacking in the Gameplay department, was 10/10 on every single other aspect of the game. Mass Effect 2 corrected the Gameplay errors that were extremely evident in ME1, however the plot took a MINOR hit, but still was extremely engaging. Then Mass Effect 3 rolled around, and I don't really know what went wrong. People blaming EA, People blaming BioWare... Who knows, all that's evident is this game was nowhere near the sequel we were waiting for.

The gameplay didn't really improve from Mass Effect 2, but it was good in ME2 so it remains good in ME3. The Characters are still as interesting as ever (and as cool), but of course instead of the massive party selection we got in ME2 it was reduced down to ME1 numbers.
    And the plot, was just ... A mess (And that's giving it credit).

If there's one thing I can say positive about BioWare, is that at least they still know how to write engaging and interesting characters. I cried several times throughout the game, simply because you get so attached (Or from the previous games) to these 3D people and it's hard to watch some of the tragedies happen, even if you can tell there was going to be casualties in the game. If it wasn't for BioWare still doing such an amazing job in the character department, this game would be lucky to receive a 2 or 3. The plot is just an abysmal mess. You can't really explain the mess without massive spoilers so I'll simply say this. Alot of people (Inlcuding myself) claim that it's 'The Ending' which was at fault, but frankly we just used the Ending as a scapegoat, we didn't/don't want to admit that the problem is in reality the entire game. Singular planet plots like Rannoch and Tuchanka is great, because you're concluding something that was setup in the other games, but the whole 'War Assets' and the nature of the 'Overarching Plot' is just a disgrace. And then after being taken on this wild ride where you go from, 'What the heck this doesn't make sense' ... To 'Omg this is fking awesome we are doing something massive and important' ... Back and forth multiple times, just to end on the 'This doesn't make sense' side of the fence was just the Ash sprinkles on top of the Crap Cake, and it hurt the fans deeply. It's clear alot of the story was designed with players who had been with the series for a long time in mind. Moments that would leave a normal person lifting an eyebrow, was leaving us fans who had been playing since ME1 bawling our eyes out. But then they made this Overarching plot to serve, I don't even know who, because it didn't make sense to the fans and it didn't make sense to anyone else. It was just some kind of strange mess.

So if you're going to play this regardless of reviews, enjoy the characters, enjoy the locations and enjoy the decent gameplay. Enjoy the Single planet Arcs like Tuchanka and Rannoch, but don't expect to understand the overarching plot, and certainly don't expect to be satisfied and the end, because most likely you won't be.
  21. Jan 4, 2013
    came back after playing the extended cut, which was just another lame failure by bioware, what a complete sellout, a crock of crap , what the hell happened to hudson, he killed the franchise leaving former founders to quit. says it all really, casey hudson ruined mass effect period.
  22. Mar 30, 2012
    Total disappointment. This game is not even remotely as good as second one and of course . Graphics and design are pretty impressive, but that's not not an excuse for ruined gameplay, story and character development.
  23. Sep 15, 2015
    The storyline was epic, well until you had to make the choice, then it became an dramatically epic failure unless you had HEMEM dlc, no it wasn't that they made it an epic failure it was your team mates being utter morons like those who wrote the so called AI for them, good thing the experts aren't leading our soldiers in real life, bileware you might want to hire real experts in modernThe storyline was epic, well until you had to make the choice, then it became an dramatically epic failure unless you had HEMEM dlc, no it wasn't that they made it an epic failure it was your team mates being utter morons like those who wrote the so called AI for them, good thing the experts aren't leading our soldiers in real life, bileware you might want to hire real experts in modern combat techniques to write the programming or send the one's they have now to train ISIS fighters then at least they would be useful, since that way ISIS wouldn't be able to hit the broadside of the planet Expand
  24. Apr 30, 2013
    I'd avoid it. If you want a really good RPG, try something by Larian Studios instead. It's mainstream mush... so you won't find any good stories here. BioWare hasn't made a good game in a long time, not since MDK2 or before.
  25. SVS
    Jul 15, 2016
    Когда я думаю о "МЕ3", у меня в воображении непременно возникает такая примерно сцена:

Центральный офис "Биовар". На стене - огромное табло с надписью: "До релиза - N дней". Все суетятся, носятся, сталкиваются друг с другом. В собственном кабинете сидит Начальник - глаз дергается, руки дрожат, всюду бумажки и прочий хлам. Появляется такой же взмыленный Помощник. П.: Босс, у нас

П.: Босс, у нас проблемы!
    Н.(ядовито): Да неужели?
    П. (протягивает Боссу очередные бумаги): Вот! Никак не успеваем закончить в срок эту линию.
    Н. (нервно): Ну так постарайтесь!
    П.: Уже сделали все возможное.
    Н.: Так сделайте невозможное!
    П.: А на невозможное ни людей нет, ни денег.
    Н. (Хватаясь за голову): Ох ты, Господи! Ну, ладно, что ж делать. Вырезаем линию.
    П.: Так ведь, босс... Без нее половина сюжета летит вверх тормашками.
    Н.: А то я сам не знаю! Ну, напряги сценаристов. Поставь им ведро кофе, пусть ночь не поспят и к завтра что-то придумают.
    П.: Да что они придумают за ночь-то, да на кофеине?
    Н.: Без разницы, лишь бы к утру готово было.
    П.: А тут еще проблемка, босс. Вот, здесь в миссии этот момент какой-то корявый получается...
    Н. (не дослушав): Да ты прикалываешься! Мы тут основной сюжет бензопилой кромсаем, а ты ко мне пристаешь с какой-то побочной миссией. Оставляй все как есть или убирай на фиг, как хочешь, но чтобы при мне о такой чепухе и не заикался!..
    Ну и т. д.

Вот за такое отношение к делу - заслуженная оценка 0/10.
  26. Jun 24, 2013
    Such a disappointing end to a series. The problem with the ending is simply that it such a waste of opportunity. If Bioware wanted whatever ending is their decision but they don't really go through it, no funeral, no wedding, no epilogue, just laziness, just nonsense. FFXII opens with a great wedding and a funeral in its opening animation, I don't care if its happy or sad, I just wish toSuch a disappointing end to a series. The problem with the ending is simply that it such a waste of opportunity. If Bioware wanted whatever ending is their decision but they don't really go through it, no funeral, no wedding, no epilogue, just laziness, just nonsense. FFXII opens with a great wedding and a funeral in its opening animation, I don't care if its happy or sad, I just wish to enjoy the feelings, I am paying for this. Mass effect 3 had the perfect opportunity to make you feel so much, you have been playing so long with this crew, a reunion, or funeral, or big closure would have made me feel so much, but is just a big "thank you for playing, but we wont say what happened, bye" Expand
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    Repetitive game! After 3-4 hours playing the game is going to get boring.
    Bad and boring K.I. and sometimes unfair difficulty.
    Only for fans! For people who never played such games its wasted money.
  28. Jul 23, 2013
    It's by no means a bad game, the game play is amazing, the dialogue is great, the characters are relatable and it has that emotional tone that the first two games carried. What brought it down from a positive rating is the ending which managed to piss SO many gamers off. The ending of this game is a total slap in the face to fans of the Mass Effect games. It was like the developersIt's by no means a bad game, the game play is amazing, the dialogue is great, the characters are relatable and it has that emotional tone that the first two games carried. What brought it down from a positive rating is the ending which managed to piss SO many gamers off. The ending of this game is a total slap in the face to fans of the Mass Effect games. It was like the developers completely forgot about the fact that all of the games are based around choice, but the ending betrays that fact. All three endings are incredibly similar, which made us feel as if our choices never mattered in the first place. I love the Mass Effect games but the ending of this game just brought it down. Never has a game ending developed so much controversy than the ending of Mass Effect 3, and that's a damn shame. Expand
  29. Apr 11, 2017
    UNPLAYABLE on 1080p, 1440p or 4k. The HUD DOESN'T SCALES WITH THE RESOLUTION. On 4k it's soooo small i can't EVEN **** SEE IT. Also the worst ending in video game history.
  30. Jun 1, 2015
    wtf was that ending??? The game is very fun... unite the galaxy to fight the reapers. But that end?? **** it. don't have words to describe how **** this end was.
  31. Mar 20, 2017
    3RD entry in one of my favorite games. Writing isn't that good, but gameplay is.

Pros + Character emotions seem ok. + World + The gunplay and engaging in combat seems a lot more improved than in ME1, is more fun and doesn't feel stiff. Cons - Dialogue wheel, I prefer to see texts in sentences to select. Yeah I just really hate dialogue wheels in games. - The item

Pros

+ Character emotions seem ok.

+ World

Cons

- The item management in your inventory is a bit terrible.

- No looting like in ME1.

- No open planets to explore driving a vehicle like in ME1.

- MP has P2P instead of dedicated servers and no server browser list.

- Micro-transactions in MP, I remember good ol' days when devs used to give dlcs like this for free like maps and gear. Shame on your greed EA/Bioware.
  32. Nov 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game spat in the face of all true Mass Effect fans. My carefully chosen choices from the previous ME games didn't matter in the end. I refuse to play a Mass Effect game without Shepard. Shepard IS Mass Effect. Expand
  33. Sep 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the most stupid story and bad graphics (technically).In the story there are inconsistencies:What boy?What kind of catalyst,like a boy?Why did you decide to kill Shepard?Why at the end of destruction,when Shepard survived the destruction of the reapers in the video Shepard (Fe)Male alive,the ending was not added in the Extended Cut DLC?As one of the passions I realized that he(She) still alive?Why are the eyes of Shepard in the Control ending and Synthesis lit?And why they made a new ending Failure?After all, they said they don't want to create a new ending?These questions are not answered.That strange in-game Shepard's dream of those who were lost, and even in the final at the shepherd appeared hallucinations,even the Extended Cut DLC,the developers have added that was justified by the "Theory of Indoctrination" from the fans.I don't understand the game made a profit of 1.85 million copies,but for some reason they decided to do the alternate ending,or they are too lazy to do that or they decided to do it to spite fans of the series.I don't care what Casey Hudson decided to kill the main character,in a few years ago,a person should be their choice and I'm glad that a fan of Mr.Fob to do the alternate ending MEHEM.Mass Effect 3 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  34. Mar 7, 2017
    Extremely disappointing ending to an otherwise great game series in which the developers spend more time and effort in shoving marxist propaganda in their game then staying true to the lore and the universe.
  35. Mar 13, 2017
    Never forget that ending :(
    10 for all of the game up until the ending. 1 for the ending. Bioware managed to destroy 100+ hours of great gameplay across all 3 parts of the trilogy with last 10 minutes of the game. Impressive achievement, but I don't like it.
    The game is awesome in every aspect up until the very end. Don't know why Bioware did this but they did. They killed DA
    Never forget that ending :(

They killed DA franchise with DA2 and now this. Not pre-ordering any Bioware game. Will wait until reviews come in
  36. May 9, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are some things that are just so dam stupid about this game... If you spend millions on a finely tuned graphics engine, you would there be some cool boss fights or something other then the exact same mobs over and over gain. The worst part of the game is the missile battery defense level at the end where they just add more high HP mobs instead of coming up with anything interesting. The result is a frustrating terrible experience where its you VS an dumb AI enemy's HP bar over and over again,thinking the whole time, these stupid monkeys who got this far and gave up by the last level.... Screw you level designers resorting to that, you are huge idiots. Just look at all the 0 reviews below.... speaks for itself. Expand
  37. Jun 22, 2017
    I spent more than 160 hours in this trilogy. Bought all available DLCs to date, always bought the most complete version of the game. And as a such hardcore Mass Effect fan I must say that I'm nothing more than sad. I had high expectation towards the trilogy ending. But ME3 did the impossible, they just screwed up the series.
    I can't do anything but laugh from some magazine reviews that
    I can't do anything but laugh from some magazine reviews that says that ME3 is a proper ending to the series. Sadly many reviews don't even understand the idea behind the game, or just forgotten how awesome ME and ME2 were. The user's score can't lie, just compare ME and ME2 user's score to this one.. it speaks by itself.
    The combat is too much simplified, the game is about go to the planets, scan, delivery assets and sometimes do some mission. And that's it, no epic bosses, no epic battles, even my last section of game had a taste of "common battle". The games looks rushed, no proper characters involvement...

Didn't think Bioware would miss twice.. first my deception with Dragon Age 2, now this? Why would you guys screw up Mass Effect? It's supposed to be THE epic trilogy. Be the benchmark, the reference to follow, simply the best. But today, Mass Effect is just one more.

The 3/10 score is due to the hard work I saw in Bioware trying to do the game, sadly the execution failed. A lot.
  38. Oct 14, 2014
    Mass effect one and two were among the best story driven experiences available across any medium...which evokes the rage of the real mass effect fan base...the ones who played over and over again, the ones who feel in love with this galaxy and all its occupants...the ending is worse than "he woke up it was all a dream"..the developers gave a big **** you to the fan base which they laterMass effect one and two were among the best story driven experiences available across any medium...which evokes the rage of the real mass effect fan base...the ones who played over and over again, the ones who feel in love with this galaxy and all its occupants...the ending is worse than "he woke up it was all a dream"..the developers gave a big **** you to the fan base which they later regretted by giving us dlc they intended to charge us for to shut us up...yes the ending is bad enough to be considered worst ever across any medium Expand
  39. Jul 23, 2017
    ME 3 is the worst game in trilogy. It starts with:
    "You are Shepard; This is your gun; I hope you know, how to shoot; Good luck, buddy".
    And it ends with:
    "You have 3 endings, just take your favorite color and see, for what are you paid your money".
    ... But... There is only one ending. Changing only color...

1. Apr 11, 2012