Mass Effect 3 PC

5.5

1. Mar 28, 2012
    Aside from the endings, I found this to be a great experience. I really love the storyline, the voice acting, the graphics. I appreciated the romance / friendship development with the cast. This is presently my favorite game and I am generally not a fan of Sci Fi or Shooters.
  2. Jun 24, 2012
    This game was amazing! The character was deep and the final conclusion made my boner rip through my pants. The gameplay was solid, with great innovation from EA but the game still holding to it's roots. I really don't understand all the hatred this game receives. If you read into the indoctrination theory and follow the correct ending you will probably see the ending as one of the greatestThis game was amazing! The character was deep and the final conclusion made my boner rip through my pants. The gameplay was solid, with great innovation from EA but the game still holding to it's roots. I really don't understand all the hatred this game receives. If you read into the indoctrination theory and follow the correct ending you will probably see the ending as one of the greatest ending's of all time. The ending ranks high on my favorite endings, among Fallout 3, Bioshock, etc.

People who hate this ending are self-entitled brats giant expectations that are unrealistic. Each ending PERFECTLY reflected your decisions throughout the game. lol
  3. May 19, 2012
    this game was like a bad movie, you follow, step by step, the cheap storyline. theres even an option to disable choosing dialogues which tells you how important your decisions are in this game apart from the action, which is fun it's achingly dull.
  4. Mar 21, 2012
    I was seriously enjoying this game for 95% of the time I played it. In fact, if I could have, I would have given it an 11 out of 10. But then I reached the end. Don't worry, no spoilers, but let's just say the ending seriously leaves something to be desired. The gameplay aspect is just as good as that of Mass Effect 2, and the story itself (except the end) is nearly flawless. Mass Effect 2I was seriously enjoying this game for 95% of the time I played it. In fact, if I could have, I would have given it an 11 out of 10. But then I reached the end. Don't worry, no spoilers, but let's just say the ending seriously leaves something to be desired. The gameplay aspect is just as good as that of Mass Effect 2, and the story itself (except the end) is nearly flawless. Mass Effect 2 is absolutely my favorite game ever played, and Mass Effect 3 (Singleplayer) is a great game with a flawed ending. What bumps this game from the 8/10 I would have given it to the 9/10 I am giving it is the multiplayer. While it isn't the main focus of the game (not for me anyway), I foresee it entertaining me for a while while I rank up all the various classes. In summation, it would be a 10 from me, but the ending was flawed at best, so it's a 9. Expand
  5. Mar 21, 2012
    I will not deny the fact that the game is a great game and so is the series, but with one major issue. I don't remember any of all the great moments of the series or the 3rd game. Why? All I remember is the last 20 minutes and the ending and how I was left feeling like something was seriously wrong. I wont spoil it, but the choices we all made shaping our characters all boil down to justI will not deny the fact that the game is a great game and so is the series, but with one major issue. I don't remember any of all the great moments of the series or the 3rd game. Why? All I remember is the last 20 minutes and the ending and how I was left feeling like something was seriously wrong. I wont spoil it, but the choices we all made shaping our characters all boil down to just three possible ending choices. Each choice is literally identical to each other save for the color. I mean literally the only difference is the color. For those who have not played yet you will see exactly what I mean when you get there and see the ending. Save for a few very slight differences. I will not say that the endings are totally bad, but that only works if the theories running around out there end up being true. The plot holes are too many to just be written off as this is the ending deal with it. Things do not make any sense, and we the players are left feeling totally put out by the series we love so much. All the choices, all the customization, all the freedom we had through the entire series are all thrown away in the ending. What we are left with is a hollow shell of what the Mass Effect series really has been. The signs are there that something is wrong with the ending. The tone, the feel, the way it pushes the player into literally a corner and says here make a choice that ultimately doesn't take into account all the choices and hard work you did over the course of three games. I was left searching for clues, much like everyone else, I was talking, searching, and sharing my thoughts on the game and the ending. So I must give props to Bioware and EA, if you wanted us all talking about the ending and the game long after it was over, you did it, but not in a positive way I'm sad to say. Sure the reviews on Metacritic can be flooded with BS bad reviews, but the real reviews I think are easy to spot. I loved the Mass Effect series and I recommend people play the 3rd game, its amazing and really makes the player feel part of the entire situation. It's just lost right at the end and it makes me sad to say that honestly. I rated it a 7 because the ending took so much away from the experience it literally made me upset. All the fun, all the deep enriching choices, all the torment over making hard choices, it all was leading to a final battle that ultimately was a let down, with little to no closure. I wanted to see the forces I worked to bring into the fight actually kicking some butt. I wanted to see the entire race of beings come in and unleash fury on the reapers, but I say none of that, instead I get a great space building to a battle that just sorta fades away. The ending for me was not bad per say but it clearly was wrong in how it feels. Something is missing, something is wrong, something more is coming. This can't be the end, it just feels so terribly wrong. When I look back on the experience I say it was worth it, but I struggle now to remember all the great and tough moments all because the ending clouds it all up. Makes me sad, and I pray that I am right in that there is something more the developers intended that is coming, I pray. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2012
    I think a lot of the user reviews here are unfair. Yes, the game has some surprisingly nasty technical issues. For one mission, Garrus disappeared for about 20-30 minutes. Sadly, he was integral to the mission, so characters kept turning to talk to him, but there was nobody there. Much of the time I couldn't hear what he was supposed to be saying. Also, there are tracking issuesI think a lot of the user reviews here are unfair. Yes, the game has some surprisingly nasty technical issues. For one mission, Garrus disappeared for about 20-30 minutes. Sadly, he was integral to the mission, so characters kept turning to talk to him, but there was nobody there. Much of the time I couldn't hear what he was supposed to be saying. Also, there are tracking issues during conversations. They tried to make the characters turn to face the current speaker, but this mostly just confuses them when there's more than one speaker. The most hilarious was when Liara's helper bot flew by during a conversation, and Shepard flipped out. He started thrashing about with his eyes rolled back in his head. Reminded me of the Exorcist.

I'm not convinced the ending was bad, but I don't think it was very explicit about how your choices impacted the ending. Looking around online I found the ending thresholds, so it turns out it does matter what you do. It's just hard to directly see the impacts. The different endings are apparently pretty similar.

The technical issues are my main gripe. I would say I still liked this better than the first Mass Effect but less than the second. I did not find it as disappointing as Dragon Age 2. I feel like people are comparing Mass Effect 3 to some ideal of what they hoped the game would be instead of comparing the game to its peers. Comparing the game to its peers shows that it some things well. It's a beautiful game graphically, and I enjoyed the cameos from throughout the series and seeing how choices I made came back to affect the third game.
  7. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For those who invested the time & effort into playing the entire series, this latest and final installment will be fun to play right up to, but not including, the ending. By itself, ME3 is a very good game, with awesome combat mechanics and weapon/character customization. It has some very emotional moments that really draws you into the world of Mass Effect. However, the ending (singular form intended) completely negates all your choices and your actions from all three games, and forces you to accept a singular notion from your arch-nemesis - that synthetics will always destroy organics. You're given a limited number of nonsensical choices that no Shepard would ever agree to, but the game forces your character to choose from them, and he does so without question (very out of character). In the end, all of us may have taken a different route on our Mass Effect journey, but the destination is invariably the same - and that would have been OK had the destination been choice-driven. Given all that, I still enjoyed playing the game, although I now have zero inclination to experience the trilogy again. If you loved the series, then I would still suggest that you play this game (ignore the review bombers). Just hit ctrl-alt-del when you get to the ending.

In summary, the game's ending is a disappointing end to a very good game; the game itself is a disappointing end to an epic series. RIP Mass Effect.
  8. Aug 29, 2012
    Many things went wrong with this ME, starting with all my decisions in previous ME's that didn't worth nothing in this game. It was all for nothing.
    They simplified way too much to appeal new users and added an unnecessary and crappy Multiplayer.
    I didn't like the idea of seeing some of my team dying without having any choice, this was by far one of the worst thing they did with the game.
    The Soundtrack is pretty good but not that good compared to ME1 and 2, still is one of the strongest point in this game.
    I took a lot of time to review it because i decided to wait for the Extended Cut and it was well worth it. Although it didn't clarify all my doubts and plot-holes in the game, it changed things a lot and made the endings make more sense. All in all its a great game, a bit disappointing, it could have been way much better than this.
  9. Mar 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game overall plays like mass effect 2 basically, which is a good thing.

I felt less impressed by the story, they were so many blanks... For example, when the reapers take the Citadel to planet earth to protect. It doesn't say what happened to all the people on the Citadel. Sure you go up later, and see lots of dead bodies, but are they the bodies harvested from planet earth? sure the resources of C-SEC with the resources i collected and authorized could of hold out better.

Also how the hell did Udina become council man, I chose anderson at the end of mass effect 1. He was also council man on mass effect 2, when i imported saves. I imported saves to mass effect 3 but Udina is council man.

I didn't like how mass effect started as-well house arrest for blowing a balterian relay or something (must be mass effect 2 DLC which in my opinion DLC always seemed like a rip off... Sure the expansion pack (Awakenings) was good for Dragon Age:Origins as it was like a true game, but DLC it seems like $$$ for a simple weapon or something, or another character with one short quest that costs 1/3 of the original game price)

The fuel and scanning planets things was boring in my opinion, and they butchered by ship, with so called improvements... I had 1500 fuel on mass effect 2, in mass effect 3 it's 1000. I also had awesome particle beam leasers that ripped through the Collectors easily, and great Shielding.

The ending was worse of all, it didn't even feel like an ending, just a cheap cut off. I choose Synthesis option. Great the reapers leave earth.. I suppose everyone part machine, part biological..

You see the normandy travelling through the cortex of a mass relay with your crew, another hole in the story... Where the hell are they off to with my crew, whilst they was a big battle on earth and around.

I romanced Ashley in my play-through. you see joker, edi and ashley walk off Normandy. No conclusions except joker, is part synthesis. I wanted to see wide spread celebrators, like on star wars movies when they blew up the darkstar and defeated the empire. Call me egotistical but i wanted some recognition. I unknown to others sacrificed myself to save the Galaxy. I don't see peoples reactions, especially by crew members past or present. I wanted to see their reactions, See Garrus have that drink on mem others sad and happy then moving on with their lives. Thats my view on things.
  10. Mar 19, 2012
    Well i will start by saying that im amazed that critics scored this game nearly perfect but not many went into detail about ending, never mention it @ all or simply (and boldly) allowed readers to think the game was great from start to finish, then i happened 2 go "outside the bubble" and found smaller, more obscure reviews and the score factored in that the ending was "literary suicide"Well i will start by saying that im amazed that critics scored this game nearly perfect but not many went into detail about ending, never mention it @ all or simply (and boldly) allowed readers to think the game was great from start to finish, then i happened 2 go "outside the bubble" and found smaller, more obscure reviews and the score factored in that the ending was "literary suicide" as one wrote. as quoted by r. ebert "if you had to ask what it symbolized, then it didnt" and i can say that this very much sums up the ending, struck in awe like many, i wasnt even sure if i had beat the game and had to check mt trophy in order to sort out if i did. thats just it, i felt like i did not know what had just happened and had to wait for the credits to scroll to know its over,and so i convince myself that ok maybe i just did not see the right ending and maybe i got the bad ending, "yes that must be it, w/ so many endings i must have screwed up along the way and got the bad ending" come to find out i got the desired and the most "definative" ending.. so then i go back and replay the mission etc and all the other endings are pretty much identical beside a different color or "end sequence" which consisted of a minute or so animation of walking another direction etc. i wont get into conspiracy theories or anything which is out of context but its kind of hard not to fall prey or offer self to some distraction or debate because we not only invested time, we invested emotion.. hours upon hours of carefully making right choices for a desired import etc, and for what? if i kind of got a heads up from critics that "decisions do not play as significant a role in mass 3 as it did in the prior 2" then i wouldve been able to prepare,lol.. but we are hearing words like art, story telling masterpiece also we were told by bioware that this would have multiple endings, a deeper consequence/decision mechanic, an end which would the opposite from lost, well no it may actually take the belt away from lost for the wtf just happened moment but the fact is that i shouldve known that a game which has a formula that works almost seamlessly, based primarily on decisions as well as story driven sequences which make the gamer care, think and DECIDE, it works so good that while i played every mass efect i made every decision carefully to prep my shep for the import into the next game, so if i am playing a game and already thinking of the next one then the system is almost flawless imo.. BUT it is obvious E.A had a bit of influence and brings me back to my point with this "formula", they deserted it and decided for MASS APPEAL rather than mass effect and i noticed this during the demo and how much emphasis was put on how one can play the game how one wishes and that the game can be toggled to suit any style, dont like stories? choose combat.. hate decisions? well you can toggle that too.. but wait, isnt that the part of mass effect which makes it like few others? and isnt that what i have spent many hours doing to have a desired and effective playthrough as well as end? was it just me or did it feel silly to scan planets this time around? as to say "hey dont want to waste time scanning for elements, well we fixed that too" huh? call me a loser, call me what you want BUT i enjoyed taking my time scanning for minerals and elements and launching probes with a feeling of purpose, because that was one of the many things which made me love this game, felt like what i did mattered and fulfilling. i can understand E.A 's stance from a business perspective, their knowledge and tactics of knowing that the fanbase of mass effect are going to buy this game regardless so lets find some fresh blood, but did the solid core and fan base have to feel jipped, let down, disappointed, confused and as well as angry in exchange for new profits/gains? well the core, the fans well we are mass effect. it breaths because we let it, we let it because it was great ,brought quality and emotion and stood apart from many other games and the exp was one like few others. but as much respect a game/developer may get through time can be undone in ten minutes.. i can not say that mass effect 3 was a bad game, but after putting in hours of decisions, careful choices to have it not effect anything in regards to the end , other than the war assets and "co-op"readiness , well i feel like it was more of a "okay hurry up and get this over with and go play co-op after" the fact remains that mass effect 3 is still a solid game, but an ending which was promised to be the finale we dream about also being admittedly rushed well how does anything rushed ever result to anything other than sub par to par? a game is about the exp, mass effect is about a unique and gripping exp BUT the end ruined both.. its obvious a lot has changed in the gaming industry in the past 5 years, mass effect supports this in every respect, reapers went from FEAR INDUCING to PAWNS Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished it 5 minutes ago and wish I could give it a better review because it was a Mass Effect game but I cannot. The biggest reason is the story; it has big holes, really poor pacing, poor content and threads strangling themselves or mutating into monsters. The child in the beginning of the game is a strange choice, someone at Bioware seem to think that a random child which we have absolutely no emotional connection to will trigger an automatic, emotional reaction... especially when he annoys you because he completely brakes up the pacing during the attack on earth. Then the child haunts your dreams in the game and return as the face for the lord of the reapers at the end of the game. They also try to force feed us a childrens' horror story that synthetic life always take over at the end... what? What happened with coexistence? And it just goes on and on... A lot of amateur writers out there could have developed a better and much more coherent story.
    Another thing that annoyed me is that they pulled a Fallout 3 on us, did no one at Bioware read the news some years ago? Shephard is killed at the end so they travel back in time after the game is finished, just before you launch the final attack on the Reapers so that they can sell us DLC... These are major reasons why I gave the game a poor score and I hope that Bioware finally listen on their community for once. I will be careful before spend any money on another Bioware, fastfood game because all I see in this game is that they want to harvest our wallets.
    Other reasons that I pulled down the score is the uneven graphics... I have a decent 3D card (GTX 560) so the game looks beautiful in my personal opinion and this is why I absolutely do not understand why they had to add low quality movie sequences? They should have kept everything in-game so that quality stayed on a constant, higher level and it is also a lot more friendly to editing so... no idea why they did it.
    I also do not understand why they fed us a half-assed multiplayer mode? They could have used that time to polish the game instead. I do not mind multiplayer though, it fits the Mass Effect universe but it would have made a lot more sense as a separate product where it could have received a lot more attention.
    I really leave this game behind me with mixed feelings but the part that probably bugs me the most is that I do not feel that end was good. Mass Effect 3 deserved a better ending and the previous games centered a lot around the interaction with the teammates. It would have felt a lot better if Shephard lived so that you had a last chance to interact with the teammates and have a proper conclusion surrounding them. Especially those that you interacted the most with like Joker, Garrus and Tali in my case...
  12. May 16, 2012
    So apparently my review was removed, because me saying 'this game is awful, bought reviewers are bought', and 'to not waste your time' doesn't apparently sit well with the bankroll system of metacritic. Funny that, I thought a review system was meant to be used for reviewing. I'll say it again: This game is awful, play ME1 and then just stop. The series goes all downhill from there.
  13. Mar 12, 2012
    In the interest of obviously keeping this spoiler free - I'll just say that the game was good up until the last bit. I enjoyed the new'ish combat and being able to upgrade weapons and powers almost entirely as how I saw fit. The graphics were good (on console) and the new team member(s) were, for the most part, well fleshed out. The story was - almost - phenomenal, although I didIn the interest of obviously keeping this spoiler free - I'll just say that the game was good up until the last bit. I enjoyed the new'ish combat and being able to upgrade weapons and powers almost entirely as how I saw fit. The graphics were good (on console) and the new team member(s) were, for the most part, well fleshed out. The story was - almost - phenomenal, although I did encounter a few glitches that made some side missions unplayable (which will likely be fixed in a patch, hopefully). Anyway - I gave it a 6/10, which could have easily been a 9/10 had the last portion not left me so unfulfilled. Expand
  14. Mar 19, 2012
    The game was fairly good until that damned end, I ignored the crappy cover based combat system and silly scanning part, all because the story that really sucked me in, i made peace between Geth and Quarians, made Turians and Krogans cooperate, and for what? So i can watch some 2001:Space Odyssey wannabe ending. Horibble. Not to mention the whole thing was such an anticlimax, no harbingerThe game was fairly good until that damned end, I ignored the crappy cover based combat system and silly scanning part, all because the story that really sucked me in, i made peace between Geth and Quarians, made Turians and Krogans cooperate, and for what? So i can watch some 2001:Space Odyssey wannabe ending. Horibble. Not to mention the whole thing was such an anticlimax, no harbinger final fight, no nothing just multi-color explosions. Expand
  15. Mar 20, 2012
    ME3 is what I expected after the ME-ME2 transition -- simplified and less open. As a PC player, I was annoyed at the control changes -- got over it, but not at the environment constraints (exploring the Citadel anyone). Can't over that one. As for the decision paths, well they are more of a railroad in ME3 than ME2 and more so than ME.

The big itch for me is the art direction -- the

The big itch for me is the art direction -- the facials are very early 2000s. Ash looks awful. As for the split breast look: let it die. You want to release pseudo-pin-up art, do that and do it well. The manga/anime business have done so for over 30 years. My personal favorite look right now is Miranda.

As for the rest of the art direction: too busy, too distracting and thus too useless. It makes for distracting if not frustrating game play. Therefore, my take on this is "failed". Still, there are moments -- the Citadel holding dock picture wall.

Storyline, well there is again a sense of railroading. Yet, I expected it. This is the closing chapter, and about the end of the adventure and story. A little heavy-handed, but not disappointing. The treatment of the individuals caught in a thunderstorm over which they have little control was expected and fairly mature. Sorry, in war, few come out unscathed.

Now did I enjoy the game experience -- yes. Did I get my money's worth -- yes. Could it have been better -- yes. Still, I give it a 7. Good game.
  16. Apr 1, 2012
    Es la conclusión de una de las mejores trilogías de los tiempos, con un final polémico que esta dando que hablar con la formulación de varias teorias interesantes.

Obligatorio probar algún mass effect
  17. Apr 1, 2012
    I normally never review anything online, but after seeing the absolutely asinine amount of negative reviews I felt obligated to speak up. First off, Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game overall. The universe it continues to build on from the first to games is probably the richest in videogame history. The voice acting is mostly excellent. The combat's more refined than in Mass Effect 2.I normally never review anything online, but after seeing the absolutely asinine amount of negative reviews I felt obligated to speak up. First off, Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game overall. The universe it continues to build on from the first to games is probably the richest in videogame history. The voice acting is mostly excellent. The combat's more refined than in Mass Effect 2. Although it only uses the unreal 3 engine, the graphics are still very nice -- the upshot being that it will run well on a wide range of systems. I've never felt so emotionally invested in a game's universe and plot as I've felt while playing Mass Effect 3. The fact that Bioware actually managed to carry so many things over from the first two games, and follow through with there original ambitions is extremely impressive. Okay. Sure. The ending could certainly be better. But to say it retroactively ruins the rest of the game is ridiculous. I must assume all the disproportionately negative reviews are being written by a very outspoken minority. If this were any other game, the ending would never get this much attention. If anything, it's a testament to the exceedingly high quality and player's investment in the series; any perceived flaw is going to be that much more difficult to deal with.

Also, I almost forgot, Origin is really dumb. I hate using it, and I felt shameful downloading Mass Effect 3 through it. Once I starting playing the game, however, I quickly forgot about it. And I can't punish the developer for EA's lame, anti-consumer, business decisions. I hopefully will never have to download another origin game again.

As the game goes, ff you enjoyed either of the first two Mass Effects at all, you should play Mass Effect 3. The developers put an immense amount of hard work into wrapping up their trilogy. Just about every aspect of the game is topnotch, and the series, as a whole, sets a new standard for story telling in the medium. Bioware deserves recognition for their hard work. If you were at all excited for Mass Effect 3 before launch, buy it. Ignore all the immature slander and pay attention to the critics reviews. Most normal people will love Mass Effect 3.
  18. May 15, 2012
    Great series...horrible ending and let down for a triple A product. Worse game play than Mass Effect 2 and even worse than 1. I have truly lost faith in all bioware products.
  19. May 16, 2012
    Absolutely epic, one of the best games I've ever played. Besides the ending that has a lot of people upset, this game is absolutely gorgeous, the choices and story are enthralling, well-written, and emotional. Truly in the tradition of past Mass Effect games while taking the series to a new level. Absolutely love it, definitely one of my top 5 favorite games I've ever played. TheAbsolutely epic, one of the best games I've ever played. Besides the ending that has a lot of people upset, this game is absolutely gorgeous, the choices and story are enthralling, well-written, and emotional. Truly in the tradition of past Mass Effect games while taking the series to a new level. Absolutely love it, definitely one of my top 5 favorite games I've ever played. The multiplayer is fun as well. I would love to talk face to face with someone who doesn't like this game, because I feel like there is a real bandwagon sentiment for people giving it bad reviews. There is the whole indignation of the DLC releases, which has some valid points, but that doesn't make this game a bad game. Just taken objectively on its merits, it is an amazing and epic experience if you like RPG's, and like getting into a story. Any movie/game can be unenjoyable if you are in a mood to make it that way, or don't like getting absorbed in a story. For instance, the original Mass Effect and Bioshock 1 were favorites of mine, but one of my best friends doesn't really get into story lines so he just played for the action and preferred other games. But for someone who likes an engrossing atmosphere and story line, this is the game for you. Expand
  20. May 18, 2012
    The word of the day is "choice." The Mass Effect franchise has always rested on the idea that the player gets to pick Shepard's path, and in this last installment BioWare seems determined to give the player a small array of options for almost everything. Are conversations not your thing? There's an option to make them into cut-scenes. Is reflex-action combat too challenging? There's anThe word of the day is "choice." The Mass Effect franchise has always rested on the idea that the player gets to pick Shepard's path, and in this last installment BioWare seems determined to give the player a small array of options for almost everything. Are conversations not your thing? There's an option to make them into cut-scenes. Is reflex-action combat too challenging? There's an option to make it significantly simpler (you only need to bother taking cover in the hardest of fights). Like your helmet? See it in cut-scenes. Hate it? Turn it off. Expand
  21. Jun 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Promises broken. The entire experience of the 3 games is destroyed by the end. It feels as if EA forced them to remove the true ending and put this ending in to force-fit a 4th game. I predict a Mass Effect 4. . .and I will not buy it. Expand
  22. Jul 31, 2012
    Ending killed it, completely, 1000% nuked it to jesus's 8th coming, killed it. The good: Combat, i actually enjoyed the combat alot, the cover system is well done and you had to use it for some quests which is great. Melee, who doesn't love a sexy holographic fistweapon to pwn your foe? Customizing my guns, sure it feels like it is taken from BF3,but it still made me able to design myEnding killed it, completely, 1000% nuked it to jesus's 8th coming, killed it. The good: Combat, i actually enjoyed the combat alot, the cover system is well done and you had to use it for some quests which is great. Melee, who doesn't love a sexy holographic fistweapon to pwn your foe? Customizing my guns, sure it feels like it is taken from BF3,but it still made me able to design my weapon to my playstyle (one of the guns you get at the end, one that has a large clip, if not for the recoil reducing addon would be left in my closest). The Bad: Ending, horse is beaten enough, but the ending just sucked. Great, 3 different colors, and for some reason all the relays are blown up although only one of the options was supposed to destroy em (i believe). And your crew on earth magically appeared on the ship, and for some reason Joker wasn't on planet earth, wtf? Story, i honestly felt 0 connection. ME1 I wanted to kill sarin, I was sad that i had to let my crew mate die back there (i forgot his name). ME2, Collectors must die! killed by crew, blew up my old ship, destroyed my relatinonship with Ashley. Must die! Harbinger was a pain as well, i really wanted to stick it to him. And the ending was influenced by how well you maintained realtionships with your crew. Mass Effect 3 had none of that. your standing with the crew doesn't matter, **** got removed, who comes with you on the final mission is also pointless. All your decisions are meaningless in the end. So, would i recommend it? Yeah sure, if you want to play the game and just kill some time, but other than that, i would not. Worst 60 dollars i have ever spent. Expand
  23. Mar 7, 2013
    I'm not here to rip on ME3 just for the sake of doing so or because its what's cool to do on the internet like so many others.

Basically ME3 is the worst of the series in every way possible compared to the other 2 games because it doesn't build or improve anything. It simply just tries to hurriedly finish the series for the sake of a cash in on the title. 1- There is no sense of

1- There is no sense of exploration. The game as efficiently as possible holds your hand every step the way and has you actually being on the ground doing things the least amount possible. Side missions are carried out by quickly scanning a planet ala ME2 and then firing a probe. That's it. You don't explore, you don't get to check out uncharted worlds simply for the sake of curiosity or anything. Scan, shoot probe, side mission done all without even leaving the galaxy map. This tactic accounts for the majority of side missions. ME1 you could explore the galaxy drive around in that horribly handling buggy and had a sense of discovering things, ME2 you could land on planets and explore doing side missions with some not even firing a single shot like the crashed cruiser balanced on the mountain peak but all of those things are gone in 3. The game just holds your hand and ushers you from mission to mission.

2- You don't get to actually chose anything, everything is pre determined for you. Even if you chose the renegade or paragon path you get the exact same result and no one treats you differently and you get no alternative paths depending on your karma scale which makes it all incredibly pointless and just window dressing for the fact the story is entirely linear and so is your character.

3- The characters are all the same ones, only less compelling. There are a couple new characters but they are highly disposable and not even worth messing with. James for instance is basically just a guy who talks 90% of the time like a generic white guy, 10% of the time he throws out some Mexican phrases like saying "loco" a lot in his generic white guy trying to impersonate a Mexican guy and he looks like he was taken from the show jersey shore. When a old character returns you can see it coming a mile away. For instance you go into a area where the mission briefing talks about geth then you can see 45 minutes before which old character is going to come back. All the characters themselves seem hollow and rushed, they lack the personality that made them endearing in the other games and most are there only long enough to be overly obvious in a very specific mission or they simply show up for 3 minutes of camera time practically winking at the player with a nod and then are gone.

4- The story compared to the others sucks. The other games had side stories, character stories, side missions with their own short stories and so on. ME3 on the other is basically this "Everything is going to be destroyed". That's pretty much it because no matter where you go or what you do its always about the war specifically and nothing else. I also got sick of hearing phrases like "were here to save lives", "were doing this to save lives", "this weapon will save lives", "we need to stick together to save lives", "billions of lives are on the line and were here to save them", etc and after about 8 hours I was sick of hearing about the war and saving lives.

5- The game play was basically just one big shooting gallery and hiding behind chest high walls. Every single fight is basically you hiding behind chest high walls to peak out and fire a few rounds only to hide back behind said wall. It was incredibly boring and has been done to death in dozens of other games. The combat was mindless and mediocre. It felt like they put absolutely no effort into the combat at all and rushed you through it in order to get to the next scene of hearing Sheppard say "saving lives".

6- The ending was atrocious. This is a series that prides itself on story, characters and dialogue. We all spent over 100 bucks playing all 3 games and spent over 100 hours playing all 3 games but bioware seemed to say "This is the end of the trilogy so who cares about the ending". The ending is the most important part of any story of any kind because its the very last thing you leave the person with and its supposed to be a reward, the climax to everything leading up till then, basically the ending is the most important part of any story. But the ending of ME3 was over in just a minute or so despite the dozens of hours of dialogue, cut scenes and story in the rest of the series they got lazy at the end. It gives no satisfaction at all. I can honestly say it is the laziest segment of the series. I did like though they had the balls to do what they did with Sheppard, but the ending still sucks and doesn't make you glad to have finished the series.
  24. Mar 8, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 will forever be the game that damaged the series and Bioware's image. There is no way that ME4 sales will ever get close to the sales of ME2 and ME3
  25. Nov 22, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 if a good sci-fi RPG, the online mode is fun, good graphics, great musical score, very good story, ME3 still plays well, with some of the best voice acting and performances in a game, while the ending has been updated and expanded making it barely durable, if you own Mass Effect 1&2 you may want to play ME3 for closure, but be prepared for the possibility be put off the franchise
  26. Mar 26, 2012
    More of the same nonsense. I never was a fan of the series finding the camera angles and character control system very annoying. It is pretty I will give it that but there its another one for the big fans of the ME series. Nothing to recommend it to someone who never thought it was anything but a good game if forced to play console games for a week. Did not meet my expectations.
  27. Apr 11, 2012
    Mass Effect never was a great game, not even good. It was passable, if you had few hours to kill. But ME3 is basically the worst part. Its short, simple, boring and insanely small. It's a hallway shooter for kids, with difficulty level acceptable even for sea slugs.
  28. Mar 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While some elements of the game were less than great, I think the game as a whole was one of the best that I've played in a while. My biggest complaint is probably the changes to the dialogue system. There are almost no neutral options for conversations and each dialogue option you choose accounts for a longer part of the conversation, whereas it was usually only one or two lines in the previous two games. To compensate for it, they seem to have put in a lot more paragon and renegade interrupts, which are nice in that they give you a bit more control over what your Shepard says and does.

Another drawback, for me, was the system for gauging your military strength. Unlike in Mass Effect 2, where each loyalty or upgrade you got was used for a specific purpose, this game just gives you a gross total that doesn't factor in either the source or the type of the resource. You also don't really see how it affects the ending of the game, beyond you, as the player, knowing that you got a certain total which allowed you to have certain possibilities.

Without going into detail, I'll just say that the ending, to me, was pretty disappointing. As someone who's played both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 several times, I was unhappy with the way they chose to conclude the final chapter of the trilogy. That being said, I still think the positive elements of this game far outweigh the negative.

One of the first things I noticed about this game was the improved look. They took a lot of what was great about Mass Effect 2 (the vibrant scenery, the dynamic cut-scenes) and added more of the texture detail from the first game and a nice grittiness that seemed fitting for the tone of this game. While a few of the scenes (especially on the Normandy) were poorly lit, that was more the exception than the rule.

Probably the biggest improvement, in my mind, was the change to the weapons system. Much like in Mass Effect 2, there is no working inventory, so when you find a certain gun, it's then available for the whole squad. However, unlike Mass Effect 2, the different weapons aren't direct upgrades of each other. Instead, each one has a specific feel and is suited to a different style of play. Once you figure out which one will work best for you, you can upgrade and customize it to further fit your needs. Beyond that, the combat system is pretty similar to Mass Effect 2, with a few small improvements, so if you liked it in Mass Effect 2, you'll like it here. The multiplayer campaign is also a nice addition to the experience as a whole, even if it's more of a side dish than a meal on its own.

Also, I would probably consider this game the strongest of the series as far as use of time. Whereas the first game had a lot of random side quests to make the game longer and the second game sometimes lost the urgency of the main quest between all the loyalty and recruitment missions, Mass Effect 3 is much more clearly focused on gathering resources to use against the Reapers. While the game as a whole was at least a few hours shorter than the other two, a lot more of that time was spent on the main mission. Overall, while there were a few things that I was less than happy about, this game is still definitely worth playing.
  29. Mar 23, 2012
    I played all the previous Mass Effect games as well and enjoyed them all. True the ending is not great ( the more i think about it - it actually kind of sucks) But it is nevertheless one of the best games i´ve ever played. Such a great story, such great characters, such fun gameplay - awesome. **** the last 10 minutes, you´ll have easily 30h of high quality fun.
  30. Mar 7, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a game science fiction game about Star Wars. You play as Captain John Luke Pircard but everybody calls you shepherd for some reason, and you have to kill the grim repars who want to kill everyone in the galaxy. you travel in your spaceship so you can shoot the reaper with your laser guns. One thing i didnt like is that you have to reload your gun because why would you haveMass Effect 3 is a game science fiction game about Star Wars. You play as Captain John Luke Pircard but everybody calls you shepherd for some reason, and you have to kill the grim repars who want to kill everyone in the galaxy. you travel in your spaceship so you can shoot the reaper with your laser guns. One thing i didnt like is that you have to reload your gun because why would you have to reload a laser gun? Overall this game was fun but I give it 6/10 because there are no lightsabers and the klingons look funny Expand
  31. Mar 15, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed in a game as I have been in Mass Effect 3. The story, for the most part, is well-constructed and engaging--essentially the kind of stuff you'd expect from BioWare.

But the ending? It's the epitome of a deus ex machina plot mechanic. It is random, incomplete, invalidates your choices throughout the entire series by throwing three incoherent and indeterminate "choices" at you and then nothing.

Everything you've done, everything you've looked forward to turned completely meaningless. The questions that need to be asked: Was this deliberately done by BioWare with the intention of selling post-launch "proper ending" DLC to us? In which case, it is a sorely underhanded sales tactic. Was this unintentional and the result of rushing to complete a game that they slapped an ending to it and hoped nobody would notice? In which case, shoddy development shows the true state of what BioWare has become.

Either way, the disappointment remains. The damage is done and for me, someone who used to laud the ground BioWare walked on, I will always be cautious of any and every BioWare game from now on. Clearly underhanded sales tactics is the norm these days.
  32. Jul 18, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the brilliant conclusion to the popular series. Do not listen to these bad reviews, the game was brilliant. I found the endings really good, they fitted the 'Mass Effect' spirit and made a stunning conclusion. I think a lot of people wanted a 'Shepard defeats the reapers and lives happily ever after" kind of ending. But then they would force Bioware for a Mass Effect 4Mass Effect 3 is the brilliant conclusion to the popular series. Do not listen to these bad reviews, the game was brilliant. I found the endings really good, they fitted the 'Mass Effect' spirit and made a stunning conclusion. I think a lot of people wanted a 'Shepard defeats the reapers and lives happily ever after" kind of ending. But then they would force Bioware for a Mass Effect 4 (something Bioware didn't want to do)

Brilliant game, brilliant ending. 9/10
  33. Mar 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 was a game that had such great potential, and in fact the majority of the game lived up to the expectations that I had for it. There were so many scenes that I was utterly amazed when watching. In the introduction when the reapers finally reach earth, and you stand by, helplessly watching earth decimated by these creatures that you worked so hard to warn the galaxy of. I literally felt devastated. But after playing through the whole game, and the whole series, slowly building up the anticipation of the final moment, possibly the final battle, you are shocked to find out that the ending falls completely flat of anything you had ever anticipated or hoped for. All those choices you made, ones that you had worked so hard for, were gone. Most of them were chalked up to raising your galactic readiness rating. Not only that, but a few of the choices that you made in the first and second games, you were forced into making them over again a second time, as if the choices you made in those games really didn't count. For instance, saving the rachni queen in the first game made little difference, because later you had to make the choice all over again. Another instance can be seen with the geth. In the second one, you are forced to decide to kill or save the geth, which ultimately made no difference (except for the galactic readiness rating), because again you were force to make the same choice a second time. This is not the only area where the decisions fall short. In the final moments of the third game you find that all those decisions combined had little to no effect on the actual ending of the game. There were a total of six endings possible, three for paragon, and three for renegade, but the difference in these endings were so minute, it was as if the choice was already made for you. It is hard to explain what I am feeling after watching the ending, I can only say that it just was not what I expected or had hoped for. It just did not fit with the game, and left me feeling unfulfilled. I find myself thinking back the ending of Lord of the Rings. You spend countless hours watching through the three movies, and when you reach the ending, it left you fulfilled, you felt happy, and at the same time, you felt that all was right with the world. The ending wrapped up all the loose ends. You saw what happened to the characters after the ring was destroyed, and when it was finally over, you knew that middle earth was finally at peace again. In short, the ending was epic; this was the kind of ending that I had hoped for in Mass Effect 3. A good fifteen to twenty to thirty minute ending, where all the characters are seen, and you know how things turn out for them, where the world is saved or destroyed, according to the decisions and actions you had made. Unfortunately this was not even close to what we got. There were a few other graphical problems/glitches that got annoying. Every time you go into the **** you had to be very careful, or the game would glitch out and you would be forced to reload to a previous save. Some of the dialogue was glitch. I remember having a conversation with Admiral Hackett at the end of the game, and he started to say something, but the game glitched and it skipped over that sentence entirely. Another thing that I had a problem with was the character Steve. I do not like how his issue with homosexuality was forced onto you; it was quite frankly rude, unnecessary, and annoying. Every time you talked to him, he had something to say about his boyfriend. It got to the point where I just did not want to talk to him anymore, because I didn't want to hear it. I felt alienated; like Bioware or EA was trying to make a statement, and make you believe that homosexuality is ok. Why? I don't want to be completely negative, because the game was amazing. It filled in a lot of the history of previous wars and whatnot, the customization and weapon selection was amazing (except for not having a heavy weapon). A majority of the cut scenes were phenomenal. The action and rpg/level up for the game exceeded that of the first and second game, and a majority of the conversations that you had with crew members were meaningful and informative. But the ending, along with some other problems, marred my image of the game, and the entire series as a whole. I just hope that Bioware gets it right the second time around. Expand
  34. Mar 28, 2012
    Enough already! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean you get to act like a child and call yourself valid. Ok, you don't like the ending - it wasn't what you expected or wanted. That's fine, and I can somewhat understand. But you know what that means? You played this somewhat lengthy adventure game to its completion, hell you probably completed the entire trilogy.Enough already! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean you get to act like a child and call yourself valid. Ok, you don't like the ending - it wasn't what you expected or wanted. That's fine, and I can somewhat understand. But you know what that means? You played this somewhat lengthy adventure game to its completion, hell you probably completed the entire trilogy. SUCKY GAMES DON'T GET COMPLETED. You play them for ten minutes and then you're out. So I'm calling on you crybabies to man up and admit that the game is GREAT ENTERTAINMENT which is why you got to the ending. It's awesome in fact. So you can't turn around and give it a sucky score simply because you have a problem only with the creative decisions of its ending. What you're doing is literally like ordering a meal at a restaurant, finishing it through dessert, and then saying - "I wanted ice cream not cake, I'm not paying for any of this! This meal sucks!" Ridiculous! The journey was the value. And I loved it, and I know many that do. Don't be a whiney hater, admit that Mass Effect was awesome soup to nuts. MP alone is worth the price of admission. I for one thank Bioware and EA for it. One of the best gaming franchises ever. Expand
  35. Jun 27, 2012
    With the new Extended CUT DLC, while the endings could be better, it brings this game back up to its deserved 10/10 (it still gets 9 because... I had to wait 4 months to get this ending, but if it shipped like this, it would have been a 10). It provides closure, has some really touching scenes, and overall just allows the player to sit back think "my work here is finished". Before we knewWith the new Extended CUT DLC, while the endings could be better, it brings this game back up to its deserved 10/10 (it still gets 9 because... I had to wait 4 months to get this ending, but if it shipped like this, it would have been a 10). It provides closure, has some really touching scenes, and overall just allows the player to sit back think "my work here is finished". Before we knew nothing, and it felt like a slap in the face. All I have to say is Bioware, I knew you had it in you! Next time just do this from the get-go =( Expand
  36. Apr 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where do you even begin with how bad this game was. I guess the part that was the worst, was the constant homosexual agenda shoved down your throat that you can't do anything about. Games are not the place for the politics of small group to be pushed on the rest of society. We play games to have fun, not to be spoon fed politically correct garbage. If you are going to put gays in a game, give the user the option to get rid of them or kill them off. Then there is how dumbed down the entire game has become. Exploring the galaxy is now just swinging through a system, pinging your sensors a few times, and collecting a few things. Customizing your armor lacks the amount of choices to really do any kind of personalization to your Shepard. A game this size with a multi-player part should have tons of different armors. There was only one location to visit, the Citadel. Seriously, they couldn't come up with some other places we could go to a few times for missions and to pick up side missions? This game was easily missing 20 hours of single player gameplay, if not more. The game should have grown, but instead was dumbed down and shortened with a so-so multi-player element tacked on.

Then there are the endings....
    After playing through 3 games with ~100 of my life, this ending was like EA coming to my front door and personally spitting in my face.
    It's easy EA/Bioware, here I'll fix it for you.
    Shepard gets to the Citadel after fighting his way there, hits a switch, and the Crucible docks. People onboard the Crucible fire it and it Destroys all the Reaper tech locally, then spreads through the mass relays, then balloons out of the galaxy, destroying any trace of the Reapers. The Citadel is now in Earth orbit and Earth becomes the new hub of the Galaxy because of this. The Citadel is fixed up and peace reigns in the galaxy till a new enemy from another galaxy emerges for us to fight in Mass Effect 4. Epic ending, everyone gets what they want, and another game is set up.

EA will be lucky if I buy another one of their games after this mess.
  37. Apr 12, 2012
    Well, let's put it that way : ME1 was top of the list. ME2 comes second. I played ME3 because I felt I had to follow the story, but I was deeply disappointed. It's clearly the worst of the three (poor scenario, repetitive shooting, poor RPG elements) and really has a weird (being polite here) and non rewarding ending. Sorry Bioware....
  38. Apr 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I purchased the game solely based on the reviews I have been reading - very mixed.

I personally was not a fan at all of ME1 or 2 but I bought 3 anyways. I understand people were probably upset at "fresh start" and unable to continue from game 2. Overall the game was pretty good. Todays games are being rushed by the publishers so its common to expect glitches but I find it pathetic people are complaining about the small things like the gun not matching what they are equipped in the video. Who cares? If you want a REAL glitchy game with no story and no unique things to it - go play Force Unleashed 2.

This game had it all - story, twists and turns, good ending, good music, etc. Now about the ending - the ending was fine. Yes its controversial but ITS A TRILOGY PEOPLE! Its gotta end some how. And if you pay attention between the lines at the end, its not really "the end." Maybe if some people weren't so focused on clicking positive or negative actions, they would listen to the story. The ending fit well. Deal with it.
  39. May 18, 2012
    people, please dont listen to the trolls and check it for yourself. buy it, pirate it, loan it, whatever, but you must try it and dont let others make your opinion. the game is fantastic. pure 9 but il give it ten, just because of them.
  40. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I find this game hard to score. As a game, until the last 10 minutes, it's very good (perhaps an 8 or 9), but the last 10 minutes basically trash the whole Mass Effect experience (ME 1, 2 and 3 to that point) so completely that the end is clearly a 0, both as an end to ME 3 and as an end to the series.

Deus Ex Machina, lack of logic and things that exactly contradict specific quotes from the devs. 2 is about as high as I can go, as the end is so atrociously bad in any way I can analyze it.
  41. Oct 31, 2012
    It's six months after release and I finally played and finished the game with the extended DLC endings.

Guess I'm going to be in the minority who believe it was an excellent gaming experience. The cinematics, story (touching bases or bringing back old primary characters into the story), music and combat fights were epic and top-notch. I had all the DLC content that ended up being about 35 hours of game play which I felt gave me good value for my purchase.

As far as the endings, I thought they were fine. I'm not sure what else you could have done with the story. I'm glad that Bioware didn't go with the cop-out "it was all just a dream" ending - could have been easy for them and they probably wouldn't have received a fraction of the grief. I went and looked at the original endings on YouTube and think that people who gave the game a "zero" or "one" score have some serious problems separating gaming life from real life. It simply wasn't that bad. And even if it had been the worst ending in gaming history (go look at the ending of Far Cry 2 if you want to see that), the rest of the game should have warranted at least a 6-7 score from reviewers. At least those who give honest reviews instead of trying to be spiteful.

But I do give props to Bioware for listening to the complaints and coming up with some additional ending media. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

I only have two real complaints - 1) the "duck and cover" command (spacebar) was problematic. Often I would use that command, end up behind a barrier and I couldn't move away from it - or at least without some difficulty. A bad guy would flank me and blast away and there was nothing I could do. And 2) the log-in sequence to the EA/Origin was atrocious. Nearly a 5 minute boot-time for everything to be up and running and synched. Ridiculous...

In a nutshell, the whole series is a one of the best gaming experiences a gaming enthusiast can play and ME3 was the crown jewel of the 3. Put aside what you've heard from naysayers and if you haven't played the game, give it a shot - and start from the beginning. You won't be disappointed.
  42. Mar 31, 2012
    Game plays well. Some RPG elements came back, gameplay is smoother now. Multiplayer is kind of fun. Graphics are alright. Soundtrack could've been better. Voice acting is alright. Seems like everything's fine, right? Well, my biggest problem with this game is that Bioware promised all questions to be answered. Unfortunately, this game fails dramatically at explaining anything. Instead, inGame plays well. Some RPG elements came back, gameplay is smoother now. Multiplayer is kind of fun. Graphics are alright. Soundtrack could've been better. Voice acting is alright. Seems like everything's fine, right? Well, my biggest problem with this game is that Bioware promised all questions to be answered. Unfortunately, this game fails dramatically at explaining anything. Instead, in the end you'll have twice as many questions which do not seem to be answered in the near future. A very disappointing end to the trilogy. Expand
  43. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Gameplay/Multiplayer
    Relatively solid gameplay, a few problems with have sprint dive and cover all done with 1 button, separate button to go into cover would have been a good idea imo. Enemies have generally all the same weakness as far as shot placements go (head) which is weak when you're dealing with a variety of different model types. Minigame of running from reapers in star systems is not well thought out and adds nothing to gameplay apart from frustration, shooting pyjaks in Tuchanka in ME2 had more gameplay.

Final battle has as much creativity as a normal level sequence although harder, it does not present the player with anything new whatsoever reusing existing enemies in greater number with no end boss at all. The whole final level regarding earth feels rushed and pieced together instead of a fluid experience.

Multiplayer is fun and a solid experience but adds very little to the game due to copied aspects of other games and the fact that microtransactions cheapen the whole experience, inspiring very little reason to play it over other games for MP purposes.
    Inclusion of MP required to advance single player goals is poorly done, feeling more like a tagged on afterthought than something that was built into the experience.

2. Level design, graphics and UI
    Interface works however is crippled by the clumsy mission log tracker which has no sorting and very little in the way of explanations/updates when you complete sidequests in particular which is problematic if you're completing several at the same time.

Graphics are decent however for pc version its obvious that it is a console port, making very little use of advanced hardware modern gaming computers offer. Repetitive use of assets in places that there should be more detail is an issue.

Levels are unique and fairly well thought out, offering different paths to take more often than just a single hallway to roam. Lack of exploring in the galaxy as a whole however cripples the RPG element of the game making it feel more like a first person shooter, even more so than ME2 which is disappointing.
    Having only one main commercial/mission hub is weak and repetitive given the galaxy wide travel that your character is engaging in.
    Some bugs involving characters exist and some characters models are poorly done or repetitive where they should not be, i should not find characters that look exactly like my crew members of the Normandy sitting around that actually are just copied random npcs.

3. Sound

Sounds/soundtrack are the strong point in the game which are plentiful and varied adding to immersion.
    Weapon types sound unique and appropriate for the type of weapon used.

Bugs and cut off conversations need to be addressed which happen sometimes to the point that you miss entire lines of dialogue without knowing it.

4. Story
    Story starts off weak and juvenile, blatantly trying to grip simple minded action players with big action scenes at the start which have no context or reason for the player character to truly care about what just happened which is huge from a story standpoint since earth is under a massive attack by enemy forces.
    At no point in any of the games do you visit earth and apparently your character has just been sitting around on earth for a while now, yet you don't get to explore or see what its like leaving the player disjointed from the whole attack scenario.
    Without getting into spoilers the lack of decent storyline scenarios involving your team members is frustrating given the precedent of the previous games.
    Storyline throughout the game is engaging and definitely the strong point of the game coupled with the awesome soundtrack to back it up, many defining moments throughout.

And now the big one

The ending level not only changes gameplay style of previous games but even of itself, leaving little to no choices in what Shepard does or can do, and then finally ends the series off on a note so sour that cripples not only this game but the series as a whole, sadly this lowers the score from a solid 8 to a 5 because of how unbelievably poorly thought out and presented it turns out to be.

Altogether the game is worth buying but not at current pricepoints (basically 70$ due to day 1 dlc for 10$ which is pretty much required for a complete experience)
    A half price sale would make you feel better about yourself.
  44. Mar 27, 2012
    Let me start by saying that Mass Effect 3 is a good game. Story is not as deep as previous titles of the franchise but you have really good moments. Unfortunately the ending is generic, short and fails to deliver any closure. It's a game that you don't feel like playing again once you finish it, because there's just one ending.
    Graphics are ok most of the time. There are some graphical
    Graphics are ok most of the time. There are some graphical glitches (like people looking to the roof while speaking to each other), but they are not game breaking.
    ME3 has the worst quest system of the franchise. The quest journal is annoying and quests are just variations of "retrieve artifact X from the Y system". The Reapers mini game is not cool at all and the scanning system from ME2 was dumbed down.
    Combat is really entertaining. There's some flaws (like using the spacebar to do a lot of different things), but the overall experience is really good.
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun. The only problem being the lack of maps to play.

Overall Mass Effect 3 is a really good game. Not a masterpiece but something worth playing.
  45. May 16, 2012
    One of the most emotionally engaging games of all time especially if you've played the sequels, a ton of fun to be had and an amazing sci-fi setting. The end left my feelings all tied up though
  46. Apr 19, 2012
    I give it an 8 instead of 10 just because of the crappy ending, the game is great in every aspect but when you play all 3 parts you get dissapointed in the ending. Definitly worth the money.
  47. Apr 19, 2012
    ** This is my own opinion on the game, It should be noted that these reviews aren't exactly completely trustworthy because of this.
    Mass Effect 3 isn't a perfect game, the whole first day DLC fiasco and disappointing endings are some of the major let downs of the game. Despite this Mass Effect 3 succeeds in delivering good game-play blending in RPG elements (leveling up, picking specific bonuses to powers/characters) with a shooter creating something that is a decent hybrid. The ems system is somewhat effective and actions that were previously taken can impact your general story as certain scenes and missions are only available if certain choices were previously taken. Exploration with the Normandy SR2 is available in a simple system. The story itself is decent. The main things pulling it down is that fact that our decisions don't have a direct impact to the ending (this was promised). With the plot holes and lack of explanations in the ending it just feels better to play the game up to the ending and then stop. If the endings do get fixed though, this is a game that should be tried in my opinion (of course after the other two games of the trilogy ).
  48. Apr 21, 2012
    BioWare, then, have managed to pull everything together for a terrific finale to their ambitious trilogy. While the individual parts of Mass Effect 3 arenâ
  49. May 9, 2012
    don't buy this if you are a fan of the series. I waited off buying it, and finally gave in. I felt cheated that is all i can say. After Dragons age 2 and this I will not buy another Bioware game again.
  50. May 21, 2012
    I was very excited for this game, and i bought it besides that i had problem with the dlc practice of the company. the game itself is fun to play and there are some very emotional moments and some excelent music in it... i am not a big hater of the ending but i do have some problems of reasoning with it.
  51. Nov 2, 2012
    The most epic game that ever released! The most powerful and beautiful game. Awesome storytelling. Brilliant ending, it is more deeper than it looks...
  52. May 16, 2012
    Improved customization mechanics. Builds on choices from previous two games through (most of) the epic story. Great replay value and adds enjoyable multi-player.
    Vast tracts of great cutscenes and dialog (although not for many trivial side quests) make for a dramatic and touching conclusion to the ME series.
    Last couple of minutes (scheduled to to be expanded with DLC) and a retarded
    Last couple of minutes (scheduled to to be expanded with DLC) and a retarded quest log mar otherwise superb game.
  53. May 21, 2012
    What was the one thing that made Mass Effect unique. It wasn't explosions, or multiplayer. It was the dialogue wheel. It is so streamlined in ME3 that the story more or less goes on regardless of what decisions you make. Your decisions over the past 2 installments meant nothing. The earth mission was very underwhelming as you don't see any of the assets you have been working for inWhat was the one thing that made Mass Effect unique. It wasn't explosions, or multiplayer. It was the dialogue wheel. It is so streamlined in ME3 that the story more or less goes on regardless of what decisions you make. Your decisions over the past 2 installments meant nothing. The earth mission was very underwhelming as you don't see any of the assets you have been working for in action. The last 10 minutes ruined the entire series. The starchild needs to be removed entirely or the extended cut will not satisfy the fans. Why is he the antagonist when harbinger has been interacting with shepard all throughout ME2? Just makes no sense...Ending needs to be completely redone, ruined everything.... Expand
  54. Cuz
    Jun 23, 2013
    Over-dramatic and silly plot killed this one for me. I really had to muscle through the last half just to say I finished and this is from a huge fan of the first two games, I would suggest that you stay away if you can... not worth giving Bioware/EA any of your money for this mess.

The professional reviewers that gave this game such high scores have to be on the payroll, it's just not a good game. Some of the worst writing I've sat through in years, unbelievable cringe-inducing.
  55. May 29, 2012
    If you've enjoyed this series the last 5 minutes of this game may infuriate you. As a capstone to a great franchise this game fails to deliver in the most important area: The end. This is the game that is supposed to bring the Mass Effect story to a close and leave us wanting more. It fails abysmally to deliver on this account.

The rest of the game however is epic, enjoyable and a

The rest of the game however is epic, enjoyable and a testament to what made this series so great, which further compounds the failure of the final chapter. Somehow in the entire series the worst writing has come at the end. Breaking basic tenets of storytelling in the last act is a sure way of losing the admiration of your fans.
  56. Jun 13, 2012
    it' really cool games, however i agree that some faults are there, but not considerable too much.
    actually i found a discount code for the game, so i thought of a trial. i found its good for the price.
    i purchased this game with twenty dollars discount code found at topincoupons coupon website to use on new egg store.
  57. Jul 13, 2012
    As an honest gamer, I will keep this short and sweet: Mass Effect 3 was an exciting start to the "beginning of the end" for the series. While a lot of problems originated mostly from the ending and a few problems upon launch, the game itself is a remarkable experience. It does what it set out to do: And that was entertain as a cover-based, third-person RPG-shooter. While I disagree withAs an honest gamer, I will keep this short and sweet: Mass Effect 3 was an exciting start to the "beginning of the end" for the series. While a lot of problems originated mostly from the ending and a few problems upon launch, the game itself is a remarkable experience. It does what it set out to do: And that was entertain as a cover-based, third-person RPG-shooter. While I disagree with some of the choices made to the story, the game itself was the ending players wanted to Shepards story. And with the multiplayer experience shaping up to be an unforgettable experience (albeit some of the weapons are being fiddled with for no reason) as more and more content is being released free of charge. And to top it off, the Extended Cut is free DLC, allowing everyone to choose which endings they liked best. All in all, I'd say Mass Effect 3 earned it's place in history. Expand
  58. Jul 19, 2012
    After all that build up of epic choices with people dying and the Illusive Man fighting with Shepard and Anderson and then.... no end boss.... empty promises broken.... Was this really what you wanted to do with one of the best franchises of all time? Is this really your ending to Mass Effect Bioware? And with this "extended cut" dlc is just more **** taped onto the ending... With thatAfter all that build up of epic choices with people dying and the Illusive Man fighting with Shepard and Anderson and then.... no end boss.... empty promises broken.... Was this really what you wanted to do with one of the best franchises of all time? Is this really your ending to Mass Effect Bioware? And with this "extended cut" dlc is just more **** taped onto the ending... With that said... It was an amazing game all the way up to the ending with Casper and his stupid "choices." Oh how the mighty have fallen in this game. I just hope they do something to make it different change the ending maybe? Probably not but i had such high hopes for Bioware to show us the ending of Shepard's story and how he destroyed the Reapers. A big disappointment. The game was good the ending was terrible so i give this game a 7 the music, game play and story was really good all the way up till the tile floated up into the white and you woke up in front of the so called "catalyst." A solid game that could have been a perfect 10 if they just made the ending better. Expand
  59. Jun 2, 2013
    Hello,

Hello,

I was not sure about the last part of this series, because it got so much hate spit on, but I got it eventually. I can't find the right words to describe this epic masterpiece the right way... I played with a Leviathan, From Ashes and Extended Ending DLC's, and I had the greatest possible gaming experience with this series a player can imagine. This is now my top 1 game of all times, and I doubt anything can ever beat it. Take care Normandy crew, take care Mass Effect universe, take care the game defining the true meaning of a word "sci-fi"! Thank you Bioware for finishing the story this way.

Regards,

i.n.s.a.n.e
  60. Nov 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a person who's played both ME and ME2, I would have to say that this is a welcome addition to the trilogy. There are certainly flaws, but overall the plot is solid, the story is immersive and Bioware has really upped the maturity level. ME3 feels like a more mature, emotional game than ME and ME2 (not saying it's better). The various cutscenes of Shepard running through her dreams after the boy (although being goddamn annoying and slow) added a certain emotional depth. The dialogue is still brillaint, the romances are fun and seem realistic. I definitely liked the reoccurring characters who appear again from ME and ME2. Overall, solid game, great continuation of the story, great graphics. Expand
  61. Sep 8, 2013
    I... Don't... Understand what the big deal is... Yes, the game is not much of an RPG now, but, it was still great, one of the best I have played. Everyone have other feelings about the game though, I respect that. But from my perspective, this game is a must-have.
  62. Oct 24, 2013
    Good ending to the trilogy, and honestly a rather shameful display of gamers today. I admit to only having played the extendet cut but even with the cut explanations it is not acceptable what some people said/did.
    Only real downside is origin-only. Please stop that
  63. Dec 16, 2013
    This review is coming from someone who completed the game with the Extended Cut instaled. The game itself is excelent, the storytelling is great throughout until the end, when it drops in quality, from amazing to acceptable. But what counts its the journey, and it was an amazing one.
  64. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is only for the series fans I guess.

I felt like it had unbearably long, and boring cutscenes every 5 minutes, and horribly linear gameplay with an illusion of a choice. Annoyingly consolish controls for not demanding players, operated basically by one button to cover/use did not help either. Graphics were pretty good so not a complete zero. But this game was so seriously
    This game is only for the series fans I guess.

Graphics were pretty good so not a complete zero. But this game was so seriously story oriented that in my case was just unplayable. I would rather spend that time watching good movie, than playing it as a video game.
  65. Mar 23, 2012
    It's a good game, the endings suck but I don't understand how people can give a game a 0 if they love it but just hate one thing... sad.

And it did many things better then ME and ME2
  66. Sep 21, 2012
    Nice story, good graphics, awesome
  67. Mar 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a glorious middle bookended by a lame opening and a weak ending plagued by plot holes. People who say there's nothing wrong with the ending must not have been paying attention, because there's continuity errors you can fly Sovereign through. How did EDI go from being *in my party* on Earth onto the Normandy in the middle of the last battle? How did the Normandy get into the Mass Relay network to be ahead of the blast, during the last battle when they had no idea what the Crucible would do? It makes no sense. The ending itself is basically the same no matter what you did in the rest of the game at all, provided the green millitary bar was filled up enough. It turns out there's a God AI that's really doing all this, but didn't think of how to fix it until you showed up and is willing to let you doom all organic life to extinction if you want to. Why would it let you do that when it's been protecting organics for so long with the Reapers (protecting by destroying, yay!)? Makes no sense. It's a real shame because there's great stuff elsewhere in the game. The missions around Rannoch are awesome and some of the best in the franchise. That makes it hard to rate this game. Do you ignore the problems with the ending like the critics mostly did? Do you rate it into the ground like most of the users are doing? I'm trying to balance it off because I had 33 hours of fun along with the bad at the end, so I'm docking 2 points for that and another one for the lame opening with a kid that was thrown in as a ham-fisted attempt to add impact. Expand
  68. Dec 16, 2012
    Originally I gave this game a 9 due to the terrible ending, but the new (free) DLC has made the ending bearable. I'll admit, this game suffers what many of its kind due in that the gameplay is totally separate from the story, rather than an integral part of it (like Spec Ops: The Line or Flower), but I think it deserves a 10 because the story and gameplay are both great by themselves. IfOriginally I gave this game a 9 due to the terrible ending, but the new (free) DLC has made the ending bearable. I'll admit, this game suffers what many of its kind due in that the gameplay is totally separate from the story, rather than an integral part of it (like Spec Ops: The Line or Flower), but I think it deserves a 10 because the story and gameplay are both great by themselves. If you liked Mass Effect 2, you'll like Mass Effect 3. If you haven't played Mass Effect 2, go play Mass Effect 2. Expand
  69. Mar 15, 2012
    I have not yet finished the game but I am three quarters of the way through it. So far, this has been the best game I have ever played; the content is amazing, the events I predetermined in the previous installations are flawlessly synced to the plot-line. Mass Effect has not been my favourite series before this game.
    Perhaps the ending does ruin the game, I wouldn't know I have not yet
    Perhaps the ending does ruin the game, I wouldn't know I have not yet reached it.
    But even if it does ruin the series, I will not give this game any less than 10/10 for the journey and for BioWare.
    BioWare was, is and in prospect will be the ONLY good RPG developer, you will not find any other developer (perhaps excluding square enix) that makes such elaborate stories. If BioWare dies... RPG dies.
    Also, somehow people seem to completely misunderstand this business. The choices from previous games CAN'T decide the whole outcome of the game because (1) they need to appeal to a range of audiences, not just complete Mass Effect fans or complete old-style RPG fans because they just wouldn't make enough profits and (2) the old decisions which predetermine the games mechanics would make the game either laughably easy or terribly hard plus would add another couple of years to cover every plot hole which comes with them, etc. You can't appeal to everyone, e.g. I like text based RPG's and action in Mass Effect does a lot to aggravate me, I play and always have for the story, if they took out the action, they would appeal to a minority but lose a lot of clients whereas when they pump up the action, slacking the story slightly, they will gain customers. Although I won't like it, I will still play it as if you really play for the story, you have to continue whereas when you play for action, you just drop it without caring.
  70. Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks to EA's announcement that a clarification to the ending will be made, I can finally give the score this game deserves. My playthrough was an absolute blast. Meeting my old squadmates again, meeting new ones, travelling to new places... I've never been so emotionally invested in a game. It was an absolute blast to play, and I can't wait to see the ending.
  71. Apr 29, 2012
    Well, one more franchise destroyed by EA. Where they put their hands, they destroy. Dumb animations, low res textures made for consoles, weapons sounds all messed up... Ill never buy another game that have EA in it...
  72. Apr 5, 2012
    Tell you what. It's not better than ME2, which remains as the best in the franchise. But It's an absurd to say it's a bad game. It's a good game with a couple of bad choices. But it has the franchise's DNA, we cannot deny it. I understand that many purists will be offended with the overhaul but we should not be too picky. Criticize, yes; crucify, no. ME3 does not deserve, by all means, anTell you what. It's not better than ME2, which remains as the best in the franchise. But It's an absurd to say it's a bad game. It's a good game with a couple of bad choices. But it has the franchise's DNA, we cannot deny it. I understand that many purists will be offended with the overhaul but we should not be too picky. Criticize, yes; crucify, no. ME3 does not deserve, by all means, an average 3.8. It's not a 10, definitely, but it deserves a solid 8.0 in my opinion. Expand
  73. Mar 28, 2012
    What a sh**y ending. No chance of a good ending, even if you have make only correct choices over all 3 games. Bioware has lost all his skills. First gameplay and now storytelling. Nothing more is left of a once great development studio.
  74. Apr 16, 2012
    Graphics: 8.5/10
    There's nothing that new to see here. The graphics are top notch, but the engine is the same that made the rest of the series. Gameplay: 8/10
    If you enjoyed the other mass effect titles then this won't disappoint. The scan for minerals system is gone, which in my opinion is nice. Story: 7/10 Mass Effect 3 tries to take on completing a very diverse story, and does a pretty
    Graphics: 8.5/10
    Mass Effect 3 tries to take on completing a very diverse story, and does a pretty good job of it. Sound: 8/10
    Many of the same interludes from the previous games are recycled throughout (galaxy map, etc). The main score is very good though.

Overall: 7/10
    Mass Effect 3 straight out of the box (not the collectors edition) is purposefully incomplete with the hope of making money off DLC. Day zero DLC, along with certain areas in the game that seem lacking will make you appreciate how complete other games by bioware are. This game is worth buying in my opinion, but it might be a better idea to hold out until the all inclusive edition comes out. This games got a lot of minor bugs to be worked out as well (no crashes, just little things like missing dialogue and graphic glitches.) All in all a little bit of a disappointment, but it will probably wind up being amazing when it is actually sold in its entirety (instead of its purposefully amputated form).
  75. Jun 10, 2012
    I have played both versions 1 and 2 to the end several times over and while I'm only starting chapter 2 on the 3rd game I very much like what I'm seen so far. Based on the huge numbers of negative reviews I came very close to passing this game by, but I'm glad I gave it a try. It is a whole lot better than people have been saying. Good graphics, good crisp game action along with wellI have played both versions 1 and 2 to the end several times over and while I'm only starting chapter 2 on the 3rd game I very much like what I'm seen so far. Based on the huge numbers of negative reviews I came very close to passing this game by, but I'm glad I gave it a try. It is a whole lot better than people have been saying. Good graphics, good crisp game action along with well developed characters and story. The game allows you to import saves from of the prior verisons and the decisions you made in those games play important parts in this game. Over all this is a hybrid action shooter coupled with RPG elements. The Biotic and powers have the role of magic systems in similar games. I've been reading that many folks have had problems with the ending, but I believe the most important thing is if the game is fun to play and does it drag you into the story so you care about the characters, your decisions and the outcome of the war. In fact, the decisions and consequences in this game are much more difficult and far reaching than in the other two, a fact that has caused me to replay missions I'd already won because I couldn't get comfortable with the moral decisions I'd made. Anyway, don't pass this game by you will be sorry. If I had one nit, it is there is not as much DLC for this version, but I hope EA works to put a little more content into the single player instead of focusing most of their work on the MPlayer verision. Expand
  76. Mar 14, 2012
    For me is playing ME playing in an interactive movie. This is what i expect and this is what i got. The story is so well written that during the game the main story effected my decisions drastically. Where i normally choose for a peaceful and "good" solution, now i did not hesitate to do evil just for the greater good. ME3 had convinced me that the menace of the reapers was so immense thatFor me is playing ME playing in an interactive movie. This is what i expect and this is what i got. The story is so well written that during the game the main story effected my decisions drastically. Where i normally choose for a peaceful and "good" solution, now i did not hesitate to do evil just for the greater good. ME3 had convinced me that the menace of the reapers was so immense that i decided to eliminate entire species. The convinced threat made me decide to even shoot a friend and old teammate in the back just for the greater good. This convinced me that even in real life there is a devil in everybody if the circumstances are that way. The story is so great that you expect a grand final. You live up to this moment. I even cancelled all my appointments when i started the last and final chapter. This was it. I made some terrible decisions just to get ready for this moment. My expectations of this end was huge. ... Then i started to play the final mission. It started good but after a while the story ended in a way i totally not expected. Suddenly i had a choice of 3 options where non of them where satisfying referring to the epic intro of the first missions. It felt like there was no more budget to end this game properly. When i tell bedtime story's to my children and i want to finish it fast i say in dutch: dan een olifant met een dikke snuit blaast het verhaaltje uit. In english this means "then an elephant comes with a big snout and blows away the story". I had the exact same feeling with this end. It felt like there was no more time to end it properly. The gap between the high expectations before the last mission and the final end was so big for me, that i had the same emotions like most of the people who graded this game here. I was so disappointed. I could not believe that such a good story and overall game(s) ended this way. It took me a few days of setting aside my disappointment to look at the game objectively. This all says 2 things in my opinion. ME 3 is such a good game with a great story, it moves you and makes you think about real life decisions. However, because this game is so good you expect something extraordinary for a final. And in this last part i think ME3 completely failed. This effects the overall opinion of the game so much that most of the loyal fans of ME judge the game so badly. Just because of this bad ( or to psychologically difficult) ending.

I probably graded ME3 with a 2 or 3 myself the first days, now i think ME3 is a victim of its own quality. If you are good, there is no place for errors. At least not if this magnitude.
  77. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In preparation for this release I played through Mass Effect 1 and 2. As with the first time I played the games I was impressed by their storytelling, gameplay, and general polish. The choices I made felt like they affected the game world in a variety of ways and my interactions with various characters changed the tone of the story, even if the inevitable confrontation with Saren and the Collectors was preordained. Opening up Mass Effect 3, the first thing that struck me was that the weight of all of my previous decisions was built into the game. Every character I saved in Mass Effect 2 remembers me and the trials we went through, those that I didn't save were conspicuously absent. The sympathy I showed the Rachni in ME1 was put to the test early, and my 90+ hours of trying to fix the genophage finally met fruition. At times the choices in this game can be paralyzing- Bioware has done a good job of making the options true "tough choices"- set against the backdrop of trying to rally the various races and military forces in the universe together to fight the reapers, Shephard must occasionally decide between those things which help the war effort and those things which are the "good" thing to do. You'll learn this early on when asked to send biotic children to the front lines or not- Do you take this powerful weapon that risks the lives of a group of gangly teenagers, or do you keep them safely away from the front lines? Do you make your military stronger, or do you preserve your humanity?

The ending requires special mention because I think that it is unfairly maligned. It is not a "happy ending". Shephard does not fly off into the sunset, a woman (or man) on his arm, smiling confidently as his enemies erupt in flame behind him. This is the end of the story, and "success" is measured in terms of humanity's survival not Shephard's. The emotional impact of ending the story is artfully done, and in many ways the cries that have come up from the community are the result of actually being impacted by a game's ending (which is not something the gaming community is used to).

As for the plot holes that people talk about, I urge players to play through the entire series if they are legitimately aggrieved. Sovereign's dialog explains much of the Reaper's motivations, as does the Collector dialog in ME2. It makes perfect sense so long as you assume that the Reapers aren't lying about their motivations or intent.
  78. Mar 10, 2012
    1. of all - > I enjoyed every single game you made from Mass Effect series. 2. - > When i heard you were importing multiplayer into ME3 i thought "what the hell, could be fun, but i hope SP stays as good as it was, maybe even better since it was "final game" of the franchise", but i was wrong. 3. [spoiler] - > when i saw that ending i was like "WAT". i spent 2 days 0-24 hours1. of all - > I enjoyed every single game you made from Mass Effect series. 2. - > When i heard you were importing multiplayer into ME3 i thought "what the hell, could be fun, but i hope SP stays as good as it was, maybe even better since it was "final game" of the franchise", but i was wrong. 3. [spoiler] - > when i saw that ending i was like "WAT". i spent 2 days 0-24 hours playin' the game,
    to be sincese i actually enjoyed that, killed some **** followed illusive man over the galaxy, collected defense for citadel, fleeets over the galaxy etc... got it all done. green bar max. and then i get like useless ending that didn't mean **** are you **** kiddin me BIOWARE?
    even if you don't really know it, you let a LOT, like few million people down with that ending. i was unsatisfied 2 days and i felt like **** for 2 days because i didn't get a proper ending. yes, i'm not gonna buy any game that your **** company makes. ever. i watched youtube like 3 times how ME2 ended. it was in a way spectacularl. yes it was good, awesome. but here in this game... REALLY?
    so as i said i wasted 40H of playin or less to get all the war assets and **** and in the end it doesn't mean anything. DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. REALLY? also when you finish it.... you don't feel any satisfaction at all... whole galaxy lost it's way of traveling... really? what? what?
    i'm still dazzled by that ending. totally useless and dumb. i feel like there's been a stop on game development. yes i know how it probably is. EA sets the date = 9.3.2012. game has to go out in sale. you were doing a nice job up to a month before. and then you probably saw = no more time = let's end the game as ****tiest as we can. = dumb end = dumb game. i'm telling you, game without a good ending = bad ending. i'd give a game 6 / 10, if last 5 mins weren't last 5 mins and you let one more mission in there (like say, running around the citadel, chasing illusive man, last fight with him etc..) and then that boy **** you came up with, with normal ending and satisfying animation = i'd give your game 9/10. jsut because ending would be epic = saviiour of the galaxy, also it would be emotional if you gave your life to save the galaxy, but not the way this crap of game ended. it's just hooooooorrrrriiiiiiibleeeeee. horrrible. i'm also not gonna say how much you **** up dialogues, check'd me1 and me3. heaven and earth. me1 - > lost of talking, choices everywhere, could be even better - > me 3 = yes - no, **** s**** **** horrible again. but i can't say everything is bad. i can see combat improved, yes, i'm glad it did, still not enough different enemies, saw more in me1 or me2. could have been better. you see BIOWARE ... you made 3 games where you made like 5 000 000 people who play ME series attach to the character, and expect them to give them emotionally satisfying end where you feel like a hero who saved galaxy. but you gain **** and don't feel **** it's just ****.
    and that animation? joker and 2 characters on some planet... WAT? what's that supposed to be? i'm really dissapointed into this. i REALLY REALLY HOPE that you will make DLC for i'd buy it anyway 10- bucks or so - which would add next things:
    1. - satisfying ending (citadel doesn't explode, reapers die, shepard dies, energy beam goes over mass relays throught galaxy and destroys reapers, but mass relays stay intact) (in this ther'es like whole fleet of turians, krogans, salarians and other battlecruiser ships near earth.. how would they go back? really? )

2. - another citadel mission where you chase illusive man, and fight him (he's supposed to be stronger then kai leng) and implanted with lots of implants.

3. more more more more more dialogue options.

4. add use of that war assets on citadel that you looked up for. 5. add more stuff to find, check, more systems. 6. CHECK 1 aGAIN! i was really disappointed in the end, and i hope if there is ever mass effect 4 or some dlc that you won't be interrupted by EA games's RELEASE DATES. because i know how it is. we would RATHER BUY A GOOD GAME, then a half product that was rushed because your publisher said so. **** PUBLISHERS and give us a good game, it's gonna bring you money.
  79. Mar 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to preface my review with this statement: As a stand alone game, ME3 kicks a***, it is the best gaming experience in a long time. However, as part of a series I have invested hundred of hours in, 15 plus replays each of ME1 and 2, working through the universe, the relationships, figuring out the lore and the canon, ME3 is the worst gaming experience ever. As I looked at the screen in the final scenes I couldn't understand what was happening, how did I get to this? I fully expected this Shepard to die, that is who this Shepard was, but to say he's dead but controlling the reapers? what does that even mean? To say he lives because he magically endured the explosion of the mass relay inside the citadel or the descent through atmo to earth? I want t replay, to get that ng+ secret ending, but ME3 is so emotionally taxing, especially to a fan who has invested so much time and effort in replaying the first two games, just to get to the ending that left me staring at my t.v. screen and asking "what just happened?" I don't see how I can take that roller coaster ride again.

I would also like to state that this is not meant to cast aspersions on Bioware's ability to create great games or great franchises. I still play Baldur's gate and Neverwinter Nights, and given the fanbase backlash across the gameverse, not just on the BSN, I would say ME in totality proves that Bioware can write games that totally, emotionally invest the player in ways that no other company has ever been able to do. As someone who has been part of that fanbase for so many years, it is hard for me to see them not only go all Firefly-Battestar-Xfiles-Farscape with unsatisfying plotholes and canon destroying finality but what was up with all that stargate-ascension-existentialist crap?
  80. Mar 11, 2012
    I dont know...I just dont even know. Like the first two, this game is a bland slow game about a space marine fighting a space evil bent killing stuff. You fight it by slowly walking down hallways and slowly aiming at slow moving targets. "fun". I kinda enjoyed the other two...even though they had odd unneeded limitations and were relatively bland, they could have been worse. ThisI dont know...I just dont even know. Like the first two, this game is a bland slow game about a space marine fighting a space evil bent killing stuff. You fight it by slowly walking down hallways and slowly aiming at slow moving targets. "fun". I kinda enjoyed the other two...even though they had odd unneeded limitations and were relatively bland, they could have been worse. This one...I couldnt get into this one. It was particularly poorly written. Without getting into specifics, the "fixes" to the other game's issues were half-assed. The game felt like it was forced, with some kind of agenda...I just dont know. I guess I could give it a higher score based on graphics and production values...but I feel I have to rate this game in comparison to the others, which I already consider average (5) Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    I would tell you the letdown this game is to me. But that would be wasting my precious time and typing. To me, ME3 is the best one of the series. This game could have been an extasis to any good gamer. But no, this is pure garbage. I only hope Bioware fix this with another ME or a good FREE DLC.
  82. Mar 31, 2012
    Fans of the first two Mass Effect games might find the return of the weapons/mods system a little frustrating and the dialogue a little lacklustre and forced. Aside from those two things, the rest of the game is on par with the previous two: action, adventure, awe-inspiring cinematics. The decisions made by your Shephard do have serious consequences in the third game but no one seems toFans of the first two Mass Effect games might find the return of the weapons/mods system a little frustrating and the dialogue a little lacklustre and forced. Aside from those two things, the rest of the game is on par with the previous two: action, adventure, awe-inspiring cinematics. The decisions made by your Shephard do have serious consequences in the third game but no one seems to want to recognise that fact, focusing instead of how little impact they have on the very final cut-scenes and decisions of the game. I don't see any reason why they should.

Regardless of how much people think the ending was disappointing or pick on a few minor problems with the game mechanics, ME3 is still a very good game and hardly deserves a zero score. It falls short of being a 10 experience, but play it through, finish it, give it a few days and you'll start to appreciate how good the game actually is.
  83. Apr 1, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is probably the single greatest game I have ever played. The writing, storyline, and voice acting are what set it apart from every other game I have played in my life, and there have been many...What Avatar was to the movies, Mass Effect 3 is to the video game industry. Bioware/EA have set the bar awfully high. Every time I sit down at my computer now, I am filled withMass Effect 3 is probably the single greatest game I have ever played. The writing, storyline, and voice acting are what set it apart from every other game I have played in my life, and there have been many...What Avatar was to the movies, Mass Effect 3 is to the video game industry. Bioware/EA have set the bar awfully high. Every time I sit down at my computer now, I am filled with nostalgia and sadness that I have finished playing this truly wonderful game. I don't understand how anyone could give this game a negative review. It was never designed to be exclusively a shooter or an rpg. It's a mix between the two. The graphics are beautiful, the action is exciting, the story is interesting and imaginative. It's a testament to human ingenuity, a real modern work of art. To everyone who wrote a negative review, I challenge you to do better. Expand
  84. Apr 10, 2012
    Great game. I am amazed at the public backlash for a game this good. I played each game in the series and this was my favorite. It was challenging and action packed while still maintaining a RPG feel. I have played countless hours of the multiplayer. ME 4 please!
  85. May 15, 2012
    Despite the ending, the game is perfect. Graphics, voice acting, music, combat system........everything. Definitely on my top 10 ever. The only "bad" part besides the dreaded ending, are the lack of dialogues aboard the Normandy.
  86. May 15, 2012
    Overall the best game in the series. The multiplayer is great, the emotion in the story is unrivalled. The only flaw is the rushed and terrible ending. I give it a ten simply because even with that, until the last ten minutes and with all the fun in multiplayer the complete package is worth it.
  87. May 20, 2012
    It's an OK game on its own, but easily the worst of all three games. The models look terrible and the animations are clumsy (why do they keep rolling their eyes all the way up?). It just feels cheap compared to ME1 and ME2.

And yes, the ending. The ending is something else. And by something else I mean horrible.
  88. May 24, 2012
    This is a truly superb computer game. I admit that I am often very critical of story-telling, character arcs, plots, game-play. I don't have much free time and have to spend it wisely. In addition, I'm not particularly intrigued by Sci-Fi. For all of these reason (and especially after reading the reviews here), I thought I'd better not play this game. I did finally purchase it,This is a truly superb computer game. I admit that I am often very critical of story-telling, character arcs, plots, game-play. I don't have much free time and have to spend it wisely. In addition, I'm not particularly intrigued by Sci-Fi. For all of these reason (and especially after reading the reviews here), I thought I'd better not play this game. I did finally purchase it, however, and have to say that this game was in quite a few ways superior to either Mass Effect 1 or 2 (which I also played recently). I think the philosophy of the ending options are sound and faithful to the overall story arch. It is in fact better thought out than countless other Sci-Fi story endings. The characters are superb, their motivations are typically clear, their dialogue is often hilarious. In short, if more pulp Sci-Fi novels were as good as this game, I'd probably read more of them. I have never spent the time to review a game before on this or really any site, but I am reviewing this game based on the fact that so many people wrote such hate for this game. I cannot account for it and thought I'd add my two cents of response. Buy this game and enjoy it. It deserves a much higher rating than it has received. Expand
  89. Jun 10, 2012
    I have not been a fan of Bioware since the Dragon Age 2 disaster or the ME series. Especially ME 2 with it's nerve wrecking harvesting, story unlikeliness and blank environments had me building up high levels of denial against it.

But i just had to see the ending in ME 3, and i'm glad i did. I regard ME 3 as the best part of the series, it's good enough to compensate for all the flaws and

But i just had to see the ending in ME 3, and i'm glad i did.
    I regard ME 3 as the best part of the series, it's good enough to compensate for all the flaws and drags in the previous 2 parts.
    Few Games today have such high quality and enjoable amount of content. To some minor extent i can even understand the weak last minute DLC ripping.

POSITIVE:
    Believable Story that makes you play along, interesting Dialogs, strong Atmosphere, Gameplay is fun (played as Vanguard), nice and smooth visuals. Good difficulty on normal (being careless get's you killed).

NEUTRAL:
    It does need a few tweaks to get it in shape, check the ME wiki on how to. 6x speed for scenes and walking really can make a difference.
    It's not an RPG and shouldn't be marketed as one.
    Weapons are interesting, but most of the them are pretty much alike. Personally i found myself always coming back to the particle rifle.
    Nothing overly new, just a perfect wrapping up of the universe they created. Some low textures now and then, but nothing really disturbing.

NEGATIVE:
    A few more customization options for armor would have been nice, currently I'd regard them as mainly cosmetic.
    Character relation's were a bit of focus this time.
    It had to end, and i would have preferred a stronger and more personal ending, but honestly i'm ok with it. Large scale problems do call for uncompromising solutions.
  90. Jun 22, 2012
    Mass effect as a trilogy is by far one of the better action RPGs out there. Mass effect 3 is an excellent addition to it, though its ending may leave you feeling unsatisfied. You play as Commander Shepard, on a quest to save the galaxy from the Reapers, who are these ancient synthetic aliens hell bent on wiping out all organic life. It's a shooter RPG, and while the gameplay is quite niceMass effect as a trilogy is by far one of the better action RPGs out there. Mass effect 3 is an excellent addition to it, though its ending may leave you feeling unsatisfied. You play as Commander Shepard, on a quest to save the galaxy from the Reapers, who are these ancient synthetic aliens hell bent on wiping out all organic life. It's a shooter RPG, and while the gameplay is quite nice especially compared to earlier mass effect editions, the heart and soul of this game is not in its gameplay but in its story and characterization. You'll care about your squad members in a way you wouldn't in other games. You'll actually want to know what happens to them. This is bioware's strength: creating games with characters you actually like and want to know more about. For most of the game and especially the Tuchanka mission, the game is an absolute blast. It is more challenging than Mass effect 1 and 2 in a good way, and they've removed the distracting mini games. There has been much written about Mass effect 3's ending and for good reason, if you are like the majority you will wonder what the hell happened. Its ending is not its strength, but don't let that dissuade you. It's mostly a really great game. To get the most out of it, I highly recommend playing mass effect 1 and 2 first, as your choices will carry over into 3 and make it that much more meaningful. Expand
  91. Apr 10, 2013
    Oh my dear gaming-god(Tex Murphy)!!
    It's like Elvis would announce his greatest show ever, and then came out on stage naked, fat, drunk, balled, and then urinated on the first row people, slung feces on the rest, gave his finger to all, and then shot all the old people.
    Where did all the talent go, that I trusted with my hopes and dreams for Shepard and his friends. I mean how is this
    Oh my dear gaming-god(Tex Murphy)!!
    I mean how is this possible;
    To write arguably the best story in gaming history(ME1), come up with two of the best bad guys in space(Saren and Sovereign)
    Then go on to make ME2 witch fixed all the problems from the previous game, only lacking bad guys with character.
    And then this.....
    Did they have a stroke, are they smoking crack, did someone replace their head with G.W.B's?

Now it's all ruined. I cant even replay the first two. Shepard is dead to me now. Why you say??
    BECAUSE YOU'VE KILLED HIM STUPID
  92. Mar 17, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is promoted by its publisher as a shooter game,while Mass Effect 1 was promoted as an RPG.Many RPG elements are absent in this game,and any improvement done is on the battle/shooter department.That was something I didn't liked,as I also didn't liked the fact that the actual places you can visit are fewer,the actual dialogues you can have with people are fewer,and the gameplayMass Effect 3 is promoted by its publisher as a shooter game,while Mass Effect 1 was promoted as an RPG.Many RPG elements are absent in this game,and any improvement done is on the battle/shooter department.That was something I didn't liked,as I also didn't liked the fact that the actual places you can visit are fewer,the actual dialogues you can have with people are fewer,and the gameplay variety of this game is also shorter.While ME3 is the most linear of all the games in the series,it was bearable enough up until the end.I didn't had enough fun as I had with ME1 and ME2 while playing ME3,because many elements that I liked from past games were absent or in very short quantities in this one.
    While the actual battles aren't as predictable and annoying as in past game of the series,the fact that most quests in this game have battles tacked on gets them repeatitive and boring after an amount of time,and I ended up feeling that the game's gameplay was a chore I had to do just to see what happens in the end.So I played it up until the end expecting a great finale and to see how the game would evaluate my decisions and gameplay,by seeing what kind of ending I would get.
    The ending wasn't what I expected.I could deal with a not so happy ending,but this goes beyond that.
    The game ends without showing me what happened to the main characters of the plot and the universe. I didn't saw anybody's reactions to the decision the main protagonist,Shepard took. I didn't saw how their lives changed,what happened in anybody's life after the final event of the story.The game ends in a way that makes whatever Shepard accomplished in all 3 games to be rendered absolutely useless,and the player is left to wonder if it was even worth it taking all these decisions or not,and eventually destroying the Reapers or not,and actually if it was even worth it doing all that things that happened,and playing through 3 games to achieve them.
    I can't say I enjoyed or had fun with this game as with the rest of the series.
    Mass Effect 1 was like finding an airport full of various airplane models you could fly and got me all excited.Mass Effect 2 was like a lift off,like actually flying one of those planes,and it drove my enthusiasm to the hights of the skies.Mass Effect 3 was the landing,and a rough one where you realise that something went wrong,and you get to smash on to the ground with your face.
    While as a series it was one of my best ever until before ME3,I decided that the best thing to do is to forget ME3 ever existed.Shepard's story closes with the worst possible way it could close.Everything turns out to be futile,and the universe I loved so much by playing the first two games of the series got damaged so bad,it wouldn't make sense to make a new game with it.In the last minutes of this game Bioware destroyed every reason I had to do whatever I was doing in the games of the series,which also devastated any replay value the whole trilogy could have,by killing the motives a player might had to replay these games.This is sad.Sadder than the actual ending.
  93. Mar 15, 2012
    I think Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game. Bioware found the right balance between the action and the rpg style gameplay. It's a masterpiece. The music, and the scenery is awesome and create a wonderful atmosphere. The characters are deeper, and better than before.
    I think it's a great ending to the trilogy.
  94. Sep 4, 2012
    YOU MUST GET ALL THE DLC. With that this is the best Mass Effect. EA stripped out 5GB of content for the initial release. That is about one third of the game. Without it the game is total crap and deserved to get panned.. When a gold edition comes out in a year or so with all the DLC at a good price get this title for sure.
  95. Apr 29, 2012
    To start off I have -1 point due to the lack of narrative coherence at the end (a few changes would be welcome to help erase the lack of closure and finality with descent reasoning). OK now I have been holding back for quite a while to write an informed review about Mass Effect 3 in its entirety. I have finished every mission, every side quest and all of the romance options (including maleTo start off I have -1 point due to the lack of narrative coherence at the end (a few changes would be welcome to help erase the lack of closure and finality with descent reasoning). OK now I have been holding back for quite a while to write an informed review about Mass Effect 3 in its entirety. I have finished every mission, every side quest and all of the romance options (including male Shepard and Cortez) apart from one as I did not want to play all three games again for Kaidan. Now I was extremely saddened by the ending but not a disappointed sadness, a sadness that stems from watching my character grow from the beginning till the end, the music accompanied by all of his actions and his selflessness truly struck a soft-spot in my blood soaked, bullet ridden game favoring heart. I did not for one moment desire the ending to be different, the ending provided a truly satisfying if not a little sad close to a game that has spanned several years and three games. The combat worked, there are fewer team-usable characters than the previous games but this is not a hindrance, many of the previous qualms in the galaxy can be resolved or deepened by your characters actions, many forms of galactic closure can be achieved via the right actions all of which I found perfect (Geth, Quarians, Krogen, etc). Many people are dissatisfied by the endings but I suspect they have not dedicated themselves to the game and played enough to warrant suitable endings. Now the multi-player does affect the single player campaign and ending to a degree. The multi-player adds to the Galactic Readiness Rating which affect single player Readiness that affect the campaign. It is not necessary to play but means that playing it mean less single player items need to be fulfilled to get certain endings. Again I found it very enjoyable to play the multi-player in between campaign missions. The unlocks are very appropriate, not to unbalanced, and has room for many combat styles and strategies. I have certainly had closure, it is a shame others have slammed it to the point of worthlessness. As Bioware are adding a extended ending I am curious as to what it is and hope it does not add purely to satisfy a few closed minded individuals. As with the previous two games I highly recommend playing the First Second and this game. Expand
  96. Mar 18, 2012
    The good:
    1. Combat improvements:
    The good:
    1. Combat improvements:
    There's a lot to be said about the addition of the roll and what it does for the combat in this game. Suffice it to say, it's a great feature. The (re)addition of many RPG elements like a much wider array of weaponry coupled with the upgrade system is very welcome as well and with the expanded skill trees and the weight vs power recharge system gives you a significantly improved experience with the games shooter bits.
    2. The writing: It's very strong at points. Bioware delves into a broader array of subjects than we're generally used to from them, like PTSD, the psychological strain of war and it's impact on not only those who fight it, but everyone else who suffers from it as well. Personal and mass tragedy is very prominent in the writing and handled quite well. Sadly, they do pull a few punches at times, but not enough to ruin the rest.
    3. The length: It's not a short game. Perhaps not quite as large as ME2 if you factor in all the DLCs, but still definitely worth the 60 dollar pricetag in sheer gameplay hours.

The bad:
    1. Day one DLC: There's been enough uproar about this already, and frankly it's deserved, so I wont dwell on it too much.
    2. Reduced companion interaction: Unfortunately you do not truly get to interact with your companions as much as you'd like. You rarely get actual dialog wheel conversations with them and there are no companion side-missions. This is not as much of an issue with returning characters as it is with new ones, but it would have been nice to have a little more dialog-tree conversations for companions.
    3. The ending: A lot of adjectives have been applied to it already. I personally think "awful", "horrible" and so on are a bit of an exaggeration, but the truth is, it's far from good. Somewhere between disappointing and confusing is where I'd put it. The strangest thing about it is, Bioware have excellent writers as evidenced by the majority of the rest of the game. It simply defies belief that they did not understand this ending would not go over well, to put it mildly. The only explanation I can think of is that they're going to sell us a proper finish to the trilogy for 10 bucks.
  97. Mar 13, 2012
    The Good: Character interaction, fun combat, enjoyable story (until the end), stable game, very quick loading.

The Bad: Low resolution textures, No FOV slider, No Xbox 360 controller support, Day one DLC. I enjoyed playing the game, until the awful ending. Basically all the difficult choices you made in ME 1 & 2 do not impact how the third game ends. As if this wasn't bad enough, when

I enjoyed playing the game, until the awful ending. Basically all the difficult choices you made in ME 1 & 2 do not impact how the third game ends. As if this wasn't bad enough, when you've watched the credits a cheeky message appears saying you can expect lots more DLC.

Day one DLC is awful, especially when it affects the single player experience. Bioware/EA spent three months creating this money making scheme, if only they had focused their efforts on including higher resolution textures, gamepad support and an FOV slider. Unfortunately, EAâ
  98. Apr 11, 2012
    Since finishing this game, I have felt incredibly depressed. Not necessarily because of the infamous ending but because I was so completely immersed in another world that returning to reality came as a bit of a shock. I've never felt emotional about a computer game before. It's a phenomenal experience.
  99. Apr 18, 2012
    First, I want to warn you who didn't play this game, that it is not a good movement to trust the user reviews (and I will include myself in this). This is because this game is so controversial, that have made a lot of people enrage about it. This people, which didn't like the ending of the game, and therefore the ending of the franchise, are so frustrated that will easily give this title aFirst, I want to warn you who didn't play this game, that it is not a good movement to trust the user reviews (and I will include myself in this). This is because this game is so controversial, that have made a lot of people enrage about it. This people, which didn't like the ending of the game, and therefore the ending of the franchise, are so frustrated that will easily give this title a 0/10 just because of its ending, which represents just the last minute of gameplay. In my opinion, this is very unfair, and can lead people to believe this game is actually bad, when it isn't. In fact, this game is probably one of the bests RPG you will have this year. Graphics: 9/10. With better graphics than its predecessors, ME3 meets perfectly what its expected for a science-fiction title of this generation. Sound: 9/10. This game will probably make you care about the music. Some of the songs really fit the critical moments, making them even more epic and memorable. Of course and as expected, Bioware also made a brilliant work dubbing the game. Gameplay: 10/10. If you though ME was a brilliant mixture of RPG and shooter playstyle, then you will simply love ME3, being even more dynamic and intuitive than its predecesors. The cover system will make u enrage sometimes, but you will be having so much fun that you will easily forget about this. As a negative, ME3 has more "autodialog" than previous bioware titles, which makes you get less involved in conversations, but don't worry, you will still be able to make pretty big choices through the game. Oh and good news for naughty players, ME3 allows same-sex romances, yum! Also, there's a quite addictive multiplayer mode. Story: 8/10. ME3 feels more linear than its predecessors, and it is. It also has less secondary missions and the main quest is probably shorter. Story is still immersive and the narrative is great, becoming quite emotional in some moments and portraying very good a stressed Sheppard, which will show the signs of pressure through the game and have a pretty hard time making some important decisions. It is satisfying to see what the characters of the previous games have become and most of them will return and make u feel the strong friendship they have with the protagonist. As a negative, ME3 story, while still good, fails to exceed that of ME2. The final stage could also have been larger and you will get a very unexpected ending that u may not like at all (I did like it, anyway). If you have played the previous games, then for sure you have to play this one and expect to have your own strong opinion about the end of the saga. If, on the contrary, you haven't playing the previous games, then... What are u doing here? Go to your nearest store and buy this three must-have! Expand

1. Apr 11, 2012