5.2

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Requires Origin to play, has day one DLC, and has the putrid stench of Bioware's writing on it. Avoid it at all costs. Don't support this defunct company, and don't support EA.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware should be ashamed of them selves. The game is mostly CS with very little action and to top it off there are very few choices that you make that effect the game.
  3. Nil
    Mar 6, 2012
    So, let's start. My last review got deleted. Why? This game genuinely deserves a 1. -Disregards previous installments. -Gameplay is akin to Gears of War, this is not a good thing. -Graphically inferior to the previous game in the series. -Horrible, uncanny valley, character models. -Favors "sexy" over logic. -Story driven game with a story so badly written, including cheap emotional manipulation attempts. Oh sorry, I am meant to cry about a child who turns out to be important just because.
    -Old characters die in unimpressive scenarios and for no real reason. Remember those characters from previous games? They are not important anymore.
    -Enemies are simple, gameplay tediously repetitive whack-a-mole.
    -Disregards choice, it gives you the illusion of selecting where or what happens, but in the end this doesn't affect outcome. Ending choices happen LITERALLY at the end. Whatever you did beforehand plays no role in the end.
    -The ending.
    -The dialogue throughout.

Overall this game took everything that is wrong with modern games and tacked it onto this franchise, a franchise we once loved and cared for.
    This is completely unacceptable.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow there are so many low scores on here already did anyoneeven play the game?.im 10 hrs in and i absolutely love it. Ive played all 3 of the Mass Effect games and to have choices i made in a game 4 years ago affect whats happening in this one is awesome. There are some great plot twists and some of the decisions i made i had to stop and have a good think about which way i was going to go.
    The graphics are great and maybe the people complaining might need to upgrade their Pc's (although i suspect they dont play games they just troll and **** so their old rigs are perfect for that). The sound is great and the music score in all 3 ME games have been absolutely awesome.
    On a side note i dont understand the hate towards Origin? its just another digital download service and ive never had a problem with it.
    This is the best game ive played in ages i was hooked on Dark Souls then Skyrim but ME3 has me sucked into the story and im loving it. Even if you didnt play the first 2 games grab your self a save file and have a crack at this one, dont listen to all these haters who most likely havnt played the game .
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    Save your hard earned money, I am a die hard ME fan and this game was unbelievably disappointing. Just know one thing, You Have No Choices in the end. None.
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 ... I'm left with the same feeling as I was with DA2. How could they take such an excellent franchise and butcher it so. Disfigured and lolling in any sensory depth of story telling. Bioware have really sold out to they're paymasters on this one for what seems nothing more than a quick cash in on what would of wrapped all those hours ... no days; of choices, heart ache on Tali or Liara, keeping Wrex in check all to culminate into .. this ... "This" ... monstrosity, Thank you Bioware, for the years of great games, characters and story telling, You are sorely missed;. Expand
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    First EA decides to remove Mass Effect from Steam and make it an Origin exclusive. Them EA starts supporting SOPA. Them Bioware spits on its fans, by releasing a extremely relevant DLC on day one. It is very clear that they want to maximize their profits... but, who doesn't? Every single developer of every single company wants to "milk their fans". The problem with EA is that they do it in a way that we feel exploited. I dont care about wasting 60 dollars on a good game. But buying a game for 60 bucks, on a EXTREMELY worse online platform than Steam, and feeling that my game is missing a very important part of the story unless i spend another 10 dollars, it is too much. I bought Mass Effect 1 and 2, and I`m not going to buy the 3rd game. Shame on you Bioware! Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    The result here was massively predictable, given the controversy surrounding EA/Bioware's recent policies regarding their other games and their fanbase in general. All of which can be overlooked if ME3 turned out to be a decent game, which was not the case.

The end of ME2 actually set up a great cliffhanger and promised great things to come, and ME3 drastically feel short. This is mainly
    due to its focus on romancing options, having the personal trials of the crew overshadowing the main story, and an oversimplified explanation to tie up everything. Gameplay offers very little innovation from the last two games in the series, and the squad mechanics are downright retarded. Expand
  9. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We synthetics are killing organics so organics don't use synthetics to kill organics. This game is half retarded. I'd like to give it points for looking nice but this is just a generic action movie padded with a ludicrous amount of dry romance novels. Expand
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    This game runs like a fan fiction of a fan fiction. Our only hope is that BioWare releases a DLC to fix our brains after the damage this unfortunate pile of crap did.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    I am writing this review in protest of Mass Effect 3's day one DLC. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were some of the most memorable games I've ever played, and I very much looked forward to playing Mass Effect 3. After hearing about the day one DLC I rescinded my pre-order. I believe EA Games/Bioware are fleecing their customers with this type of business practice. I believe this is an attempt to capitalize on a series that has loyal followers who will not be able to resist the [spoiler censor] teammate. I consider 60 dollars a hefty price to pay for a PC game, and trying to squeeze another 10 dollars out out the fan base on day one is just atrocious business. I was actually planning on replaying the first two games, buying the well-regarded mass effect 2 DLC, and then playing through the third on day one. It seems like EA/Bioware is trying to whittle down our tolerance for this kind of tomfoolery, DA/ME2 had free content with new purchases, this time around it's story-significant day-one content for extra money, what next? I am drawing this line in the sand for myself, and I hope others join me in earnest. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    Lots of issues come to mind when playing through this. All your previous choices in games don't have the great effect they were hyped up to in previous installments, and boil down to a mere email or extra line of dialogue. The game-play continues to be a dumbed down action shooter experience, with mediocre mechanics at that, a mech and turret section simply do not belong in what was once a great rpg with shooting elements. The customization still pales in comparison to ME1, and features continued to be removed. The textures fall flat on models, while some of the backdrops do make for good eye candy, the god awful animations will distract you too much from them.
    As for the story, which was supposed to be the great draw of mass effect, it is a poor excuse of a conclusion, with numerous retcons and plot holes, and endings ripped straight out of other series and the book of cliches. But hey, they might offer a better ending, if you're willing to pay another 15$ for dlc!
    Even more on the dlc practice is this day 1 dlc and other consumer milking practices. While minor cosmetic and item additions aren't that terrible, the having a prothean squadmate for a dlc pack on day 1 is inexcusable. It was content cut specifically to be sold as DLC, while ea/bioware may say it was created after the main game was completed, that is a flat out marketing lie, as the lines for this character and other assets was seen in many of the previous leaks while still in development.

All in all is shows the continue decline of bioware as they continue to destroy their own franchises.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    Greedy people demanding 10 bucks for dayone dlc. That is not acceptable. For all paying customers is should have been free. Just like in ME2. Also, the RPG elements are very much cut down, making this game more COD-alike. PC version has worse graphics. Outrageous!
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely terrible. I used to love the Mass Effect series. They were some of my favorite games. But playing this now, it's like nothing I've done in the previous games mattered. The story makes no sense and disregards anything that happened in the previous games.

Mass Effect is dead, and ME3 is the shovel they used to bury it.
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    This game has been ruined by EA. The Bioware that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 is gone. Mass Effect 3 has been made to cater to the lowest common denominator. While the first one was a little rough around the edges, the second was perfect. Three however, is too far. In terms of visuals, they are too dark, made to look like the current CoD games. This is an RPG, not an seasonal shooter. Please EA, get your hands out of where they shouldn't be, and let game studios make games for their fans, not for your wallets.â Expand
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    The plot holes become impossible to ignore. The motivation and origin of the reapers is nearly incoherent. After all of the choices you've made in the series, only the one you make at the very end has real lasting consequences. The game boasts 3 endings, which are really just the same ending with different window dressing. This game has managed to taint the entire series for me. After Dragon Age II and now this, I think Bioware has lost the magic. Expand
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    Regardless of what the paid reviews will tell you, this is another excellent example of how Bioware can take a game and franchise which once held promise, and turn it into a lazily-produced money grab, pandering to the lowest common denominator. Gears of War combat through incredibly linear levels, even fewer dialogue choices that don't seem to matter one bit, stripped-down character customization and skills, and, of course, the quality writing, roughly on the level of high-school fanfiction. Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2012
    It really didn't live up to my expectations, taking the previous 2 games into account. Where as I could enjoy Mass Effect 2, despite it being a step down on the RPG-scale, I still liked it for what it was. Mass Effect 3 is a prime example of having focused more on the elements of a dating sim space, rather than the much more important story and gameplay.
  19. Mar 6, 2012
    Play this videogame then you will understand why it is so bad.

ent as the years pass by, Bioware decided to dismiss it completely in favour of Michael Bay-grade explosions and the like. Mass Effect 3 starts off almost a year after ME2 where Shepard has donnt RPG standards. The plot is unusually boring, the gameplay is surprisingly lacking, the graphics and animations have barely been
    touched since ME2, and worst of all the game's ending is the biggest let down I've wit Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    Only Mass Effect fanboys will like this pew pew pew laser toy gun game. This game was overrated form the start. Good graphics is the only thing it has going for it, its a typical RPG generic shooter that brings nothing far out to the table, only get this if you like average games form a once good franchise.
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow. Just wow.
    Bioware, EA, and gaming journalism in general have all reached a new low. It's almost sad, but I want to see where this tragic drama will end.
    I mean seriously, the gameplay is awful and the story is an abomination. I don't get it, i can't believe they could mess up as bad as they have. I hated ME2 back in the day for being too dumbed down, but even that was better than
    this.
    The only way I could get enjoyment out of this game is if I played it with the same mindset as I would Superman 64. And really, I don't know whether I should find this funny or depressing. It's a joke to be sure, but it's what that joke means that's truly sad. This will be the last Bioware product I even pay attention to. And don't get me started on DLC that you need to get the best ending and other such snot.
    This game is awful. Truly, truly awful. And those 'journalists' whose pockets are being lined with EA money even as we speak should be ashamed.
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    I just got the game out of the mail, played it, and was so glad I could finally have some good old Mass Effect fun. I was shocked when the game told me I have to pay 10$ extra to get my Protean squad member and the only happy ending. Also, all of the team members of my gender kept hitting on me! I don't understand why this game tries to advertise homosexuality so much to the player. I will have to address this in church group and tell my friends not to buy this unholy piece of sin. Expand
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    If you look closely at Mass Effect 3 you will see the last tiny bit of Bioware's soul rot away, consumed by EA forever. As someone who has been a fan of their games from Baldur's Gate to Dragon Age: Origins, seeing how far they have fallen has been a painful experience. Writing has deteriorated to the most basic black and white, with most dialogues presenting only 2 options rather than 3. As was feared the series ends with a Deus Ex Machina (quite literally as the ending was almost entirely stolen from the game Deus Ex). Further evidence plagiarism of a desktop wallpaper of all things in the game's FINAL SCENE does not help Bioware's case. The whole thing seems like it was rushed with little care about the game's quality, as if they expected people to buy it automatically no matter how bad it was (and I'm sure they do). Creativity seems truly dead from that studio at this point. Do not buy this game. No not rent it, do not waste the bandwidth of pirating it. Vote with your dollars in the slim hope that Bioware may someday return to its senses. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    This game clearly ended the trilogy in the most special way possible.
    If any game could claim it ended this trilogy in the most special way it would be this.
    I give this a 10/10 because this game ended the trilogy in the most special way possible.
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    After playing Mass effect one and two for hours on end I was heartbroken when I lost my save-files, So I decided before this came out too marathon through the first two games. However I later found out that wasn't even necessary as with the dumbed down choices and for the most part Ignoring of past decisions playing the first 2 games was not even necessary at this point. This was a huge let down because ME2 showed us just how important our choices were. as for the game it self Multi-player is decently fun however sacrificing the quality of single player to add it is a extreme let down. Overall If you enjoyed the overall feel of the first two games this will feel like a let down however if you just want a bro-op game wait for it to go on sale and it should give you some hours with a friend. Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    very poor. a real disappointment. mass effect 1 was a great game. bioware have ruined the franchise with this game. a significant portion of the "game" was cut scenes, it was more of an interactive film.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    Played it for an hour. It's completely unfun. The levels are EXTREMELY linear. There's no sense of discovery or anything, just a generated static level with a few objects thrown in, and a straight line to follow. If I were 8 again, I would still be getting bored by how uninteresting the levels and objectives are.

The main quest is just a compilation of side quests where you meet
    characters from Mass Effect 2. You might ask "how can you know if you only played for an hour?" It's easy to tell since it's the exact formula from Mass Effect 2 (which I actually played through, somehow). You do a billion "data retrieval" quests where you just infiltrate some building that has data in it, kill a billion enemies that you couldn't possibly die to even with the highest difficulty on, and then go back to your ship and make some sort of progression.

It's disgusting that you can actually just rush a game and expect to make money. I'm sure they'll sell 80 billion copies somehow, even though it's really nothing more than a 65$ expansion pack.

I give it a 0/10 because I'm actually annoyed even though I played it at a friend's house, and didn't pay for it. I haven't been this disappointed for a game since Dragon Age 2 (ANOTHER BIOWARE TITLE!, WHAT A SURPRISE?!).
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    Disappointing, derivative and convoluted. BioWare tries to make things deep and emotional but with their Bayesque approach to storytelling it just ends up utterly pretentious. You'd expect better from the supposed masters of interactive storytelling. Speaking of interacting there is barely room for it in Mass Effect 3's dialogue system. With the cinematic presentation taken too far you will be watching Shepard go on and on without any form of player input almost as if you were really at the cinema. While the generic shoot and stop gameplay isn't necessarily bad it doesn't begin to make up for the rancid conclusion of this maudlin space opera.

Do yourself a favor and play Deus Ex instead.
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    Seriously disappointing. The game is a prime example of how negatively popularity can affect a game, not that popularity in and of itself is a plague to forms of media, but a wider audience means the developers must pander to more people, stretching a game far too thin to be any good to a real fan.

The combat is clunky, you can't even sprint through a simple fire zone without sticking to
    a wall like a refrigerator magnet, the writing is hamfisted, the characters feel either gimmicky or totally bland, and the multiplayer is lackluster, and to top it all off, first day DLC that could have just been included in the game in the first place.

A truly worse-than-mediocre experience.
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    Gameplay feels worse than before and they pretty much just ignored the previous lore. How they could mess it up so bad is anybody's guess. This game was made by EA for the sole purpose of making money off the Mass Effect name.
  31. Mar 6, 2012
    I bought this game thinking it was going to be Pokemon White. However when I opened this game it was in fact Mass Effect 3.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE, THEY ARE SCAMMERS.
  32. Mar 6, 2012
    Extremely casualized and loaded with DLC that should have been released with the game. Gameplay is copy paste from the second game. Story is dull and cliche and seems to have more emphasis on romances than anything actually meaningful. As it was with Dragon Age, Bioware ruined another franchise that was off to an amazing start.
  33. Mar 6, 2012
    Exact same garbage as it's always been; nothing's changed. A perfect example of what's terrible about video games over the last few years, it's nothing more than a medium for terrible companies like EA and BioWare to extort stupid people by releasing the exact same piece of trash every once in a while with none of the improvements suggested by their fans. Crap graphics, crap animation, awful storytelling and characters, and don't even get me started on Origin. That **** should be illegal. Expand
  34. Mar 6, 2012
    Terrible, terrible game. Gone is the excellent space climate of the first ME1. In is the cheap shooting and shallow plot more fitting a dumbed down shooter. Once interesting villains have been turned into "Evil Robots" completely lacking any imagination from the part of creators. Unfortunately Bioware is long gone as a company capable of creating interesting new plots, characters or adventures. Too many people with talent seem to have left, and we are left with ones who are inspired by "Twilight"(and in the case of Mass Effect 3, it also seems to be Jersey Shore). This is very sad, since the universe of ME had such a great potential, which was completely wasted. Expand
  35. Mar 6, 2012
    I LOVED ME 1's story. The second one was pretty great too. But this game; where you are forced to have gay sex in order to be ''good'', where your actions barely influence the outcome. Plot holes are everywhere. RPG elements dumbed down so much it just looks like a damn third person shooter. Not to mention the Day 1 DLC that was CUT OUT from the game. I can't even fathom why some people actually accept this, you basically produce content that you can release WITH the game (and it's a LIVE PROTHEAN, jeez) but you choose to SELL it as DLC. This is flat out unacceptable. Instead of the usual **** EA spews out every year maybe you guys should try to make a good, full game that I can purchase, and actually feel good about it. I'm gonna sell this game, make the guy I sold it to sell it too just so you guys lose an extra sale. Expand
  36. Mar 6, 2012
    The game is horrible. Bioware have succumbed to EA's influence and destroyed a great franchise.
    Bioware made 2 fantastic games in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 where you controlled Commander Shepard. Your Shepard. In Mass Effect 3 Bioware has taken the commander back. Many choices from the first 2 games have minimal changes with some flat out retconned. The dialogue is virtually gone, even
    with full decisions on it's like watching a movie instead of an interactive story. Add in mandatory DLC for the "best" possible ending on day 1 and what you get is a game that spits in the face of fans of the first 2 installments and ruins what should have been the best trilogy of games in the past decade. Expand
  37. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3
    Average User Score: 4.4
    Mass Effect 3 Image
    If you would like to see my complete review please pay for my DLC. Otherwise it's sad to see a company let corporate greed drive them into the ground be releasing a game with part of it's content cut out for the sole purpose of a cash grab. As well as release a generic game that has gone so far from it's root that it should
    really be called "Generic shooter 3" Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2012
    Absolutely terrible game. This game is every fan fic writer's wet dream. Over 20 minutes of a single cutscene, then 5 minutes of gameplay, and then right back to more cutscenes. The game has zero gameplay value whatsoever. Recycled combat system, useless squad based choices, you're basically just a rambo that has to carry about 3 retards throughout the entire game. The reviews of this game from the mass media are just the perfect example of how EA buys out reviewers. The reviews are 95% fluff and buzzwords, 2% actual reviewing, and then the rest is just them trying to make up for the small criticisms they've given it. No really. I saw a review that complained about graphic glitches and problems with having to restart missions entirely for no reason, and then they go, "THE CHARACTERIZATION IS CHILLING THOUGH" as if it had anything to do with what they were saying. This game is a virtual choose your own adventure, where your choices don't actually end the story or change it in any way. Expand
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    since when its a reason to give bad score for dlc or origin? well Trolls thinks so, so ignore them.

sure isn't mass effect 1 but if you liked mass effect 2 you'll like this one too, same mechanics if not even better, story isn't bad and since its triology we true ME fans we already knew how this triology would end and now this is the last chapter. mass effect 2 in a short version this was
    more a scounting mission and at end preemptive strike, but now this gets more weight and tension then ever before, its WAR .

game is fluid, animations too, more weapons and costumization too (also weapon mods). story is good but it feels like you're racing against time (obviously its war of survival), fight on earth, mars and everywhere this is great. decisions more then ever effects the outcome on a much bigger scale, no longer they stay with you if you take the worst decisions or act like jackass-selffish human.

multiplayer is great and very fluid and various classes, characters and weapon mods and unlocks and its co-op featurings 6 maps (for now). i reccomend this game and i give 10, sadly majority here gives 1 and 0's but based on something wich isn't the game itself "dlc, EA, origin, no sense" ........
  40. Mar 6, 2012
    They intentionally cut STORY-HEAVY content from the game in order to sell it on the side as DLC. Inexcusable business practices. I cannot give this game more than (1) for that reason. Abusing and manipulating your trusting fanbase for extra money is NOT acceptable.
  41. Mar 6, 2012
    So, apparently, someone is running some sort of campaign against EA/BioWare.

I went through and checked 20-some of the zero ratings... ...and to my utter shock and amazement, the only game these people have reviewed is ME3 (...and some, on all three platforms). Admittedly, my history is much the same, but I'm not a legion of shills. It's a worthy successor to the franchise, to be
    certain. I haven't played more than a couple hours, so I can't make any further intelligent and informed observations for content I have yet to experience. Expand
  42. Mar 6, 2012
    BAD Game! Truly disappointing. Bioware made 2 fantastic games in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 where you controlled Commander Shepard. Horrible ending as well. I am disgusted.
  43. Mar 6, 2012
    Its a plataform game, and for PC dont have controller support, this is ridiculus....Wrong move bioware!
    So simple dont u think?Put some support for xbox controller, why this dont have?Strange...
  44. Mar 6, 2012
    I registered just to warn people away from this game.

The dialogue is on auto-pilot, the new characters are terrible, and your old decisions don't matter. There are plot holes so huge in places it feels like Bioware never PLAYED the first two games. It's painfully obvious that the development time spent on a (terrible) multi-player mode that no one wanted, in addition to the story/action
    mode options, really hurt the game in other areas.

ME 1&2 did something really, really well. ME3 tried to do that and like six other things, and given another few years might have been able to. As it stands, though, it failed at all of them.
  45. Mar 6, 2012
    Another piece of trash spewed out from the depths of the money hungry company we know as Bioware. I honestly can never trust Bioware games ever again, I thought after the abomination of Dragon Age 2 I could give them one more chance, but they have gone too far now. This game is completely brainless, and worst of all the day one DLC.
  46. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is terrible. I loved Mass Effect one, I'd probably give that one like a 9/10. the second one came up and **** it up. It turned into a COVERBASED SHOOTER BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL. and now this third one just destroyed everything. Ammo? Really Bioware? You added AMMO when the first and second one DIRECTLY said that ammo doesn't exist. full retard bioware. $10 prothean squadmate DLC? Why would you remove something so important like a prothean and sell it for $10? It's pretty obvious that you didn't make him "after" the game was put on the disc and everything, because many groups have already created a ME3 dlc UNLOCKER that UNLOCKS the dlc ON THE DISC. That's right, the DLC is right there on the disc, but you have to pay 10 dollars to unlock it. there's no way to get out of that one. Other than the terrible running animations, black and white choices, CHEST HIGH WALLS SO REAL ACTION PICK UP THIS AMMO, and payed reviews, this game sucks. About those reviews, let's take a look at destructiod for a second here. They claim that people are "trolling" the metacritic reviews, by putting useless reviews and 0's. Really destructoid? Are you really that paranoid? "holy **** this person hates a game that I like! they must be trolls!" That's a very childish thing to say, and for you to look over all of the legitimate complaints and call them "potentially legitimate" is also childish. It's great that you get paid by bioware and they let you have their games early and stuff, but sometimes you just need to stop being retards for a second, and think about what you're encouraging. Furthermo-
    You must pay $10 to unlock the "Review Ending" DLC package.
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware killed our beloved sci-fi rpg with the help of EA. I could pay for this game even if they make it pure action based. But with this level of retardness level of story and storytelling, it really upsets me as a Mass Effect fan. From now on I decided not to pay for any Bioware game.
  48. Mar 6, 2012
    I don't even know how to start this. Remember how they kept hyping the game from its story elements, the decision making replayability and how it'd influence the game? HAH. Your decisions barely change the way the game goes, especially towards the endings. Endings which are completely ripped off the original Deus Ex, too, and make no sense whatsoever in the game. I won't spoil you because I don't want to take the fun (see: disappointment) out of the game for you, if you haven't finished it yet, but let's just say that Commander Shepard is more of a character by itself now, instead of what it should be and was in the other games - You control him, he reflects what you think/do in the game, not play as him only and act like you're nothing but a spectator. And the amount of feelings the game tries to force on you will make you cringe rather than actually getting sad. All the drama it tries to get down your throat (most notably around the kid who appears in the first part of the game), the "decisions" you have to take which usually mean something gets saved while the other gets destroyed - that makes me go "oh no I have to choose what to save i cri evertim ;_;". It'd work if they wouldn't have done it so many times. The amount of plot holes in here make me want to scream "NURSE!" because of how big and many they are, and how many questions they let unanswered. And let me guess, fans will say "it's so you can come up with your own responses to it" - well, I wish I could've come up with different endings then, and it still proves that Bioware was lazy on the matter. They give you the illusion of free choice in the not as many interactions you take in dialogue, but it all ends up in the same. And in these fewer times you can choose what to say, there isn't much other than Paragon or Renegade. No neutral response? Why would you remove that? Now, don't get me wrong. The gameplay and graphics aren't bad. They're just ME2ish, bringing almost nothing new, but it's still enjoyable enough. Facial animations are subpar, and the characters have almost no emotional response to what happens (which contrasts with what the game is trying to do). Also, explosions everywhere. It's like we're back... in... MW3. Good lord how easy it is to compare ME2 and ME3 with MW2 and MW3 (because if you think about it, both MW3 and ME3 were made with their focus more on multiplayer, they have the same graphics, same gameplay as their previous games, and are cashins more than a proper game). Anyway, animations... Well, they aren't horrible (except the Anderson running animation on the first mission, holy hell it makes me laugh from how bad it is, and the Femshep running animation) but you could've expected better, even from Bioware. What irks me is that the most important parts of the game, the biggest selling points, its plot and how what you do influences the whole game (and series), are just... ruined. I can't think of a better word, and I wish I wouldn't find myself saying this, but I never had big expectations for this game and it still managed to break them, on the bad way. I'd say more, but I'd be spoiling the story to prove my points. 1/10 because it's not a HORRIBLE game... But it's close. Just my opinion. Expand
  49. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game and ends the trilogy successfully. The gameplay and graphics are top notch, but as expected the storytelling is where the game truly shines. Bioware manages to keep improving the series right until the end and should be commended for it. Buy copies for yourself, your friends and all their friends as you won't be disappointed.
  50. Mar 6, 2012
    Your lured & lulled into a sense you'll finally make a difference. When you get to end you realize nothing you did matters, your herded into endings that no matter what will leave very bad taste in your mouth. They have flat out ruined emotional investment in the series you may of put into it.
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    Well. Mass effect started great. We all know how good the first mass effect was and how much fun we all had playing it. Mass effect 2 went down hill big time but it was still playable, still fun. Not nearly as good as the first game but we let it go since we were just happy to have a sequel of the game we love. Mass effect 3. Well. I'm not sure what to say about this game. How? how could they mess this series up this much? Where did they go wrong and why? I could list the reasons but I won't since I only have 5000 characters to write this review. So I will make it short and sweet. Bioware stopped loving their games. That's all. They have become less interested in making games that are actually good and more interested in selling games to the mindless masses so that they can make more money. Simple really. Look at their latest games and tell me i'm wrong. Expand
  52. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was a gigantic disappointment. What the hell was the point of ME2 if all of the people you recruited die pointless deaths or are generally useless as **** The graphics were terrible (oh my god, that water looked like sludge) the animations were laughably bad, (fem-shep's running animation is just plain silly) and the plot looked like something a fifteen year old girl would write. It was full of plot holes and retconned information, and I feel as though a very minimal amount of effort was put into the entire thing. I've returned my copy already. Expand
  53. Mar 6, 2012
    It was kind of ok, I expected way more from the graphics and the "rpg" elements werent as satisfying as i hoped them to be. All in all Im glad i could finish that story, but that ending was a huge leddown too.Im going to send this back to amazon
  54. Mar 6, 2012
    i had already read the spoilers for this but i decided to pick it up just to check it out im sorry i did and will be taking it back for a full return since it "somehow" stopped working. this is a terrible game, with a terrilbe plot and a horrible ending that sucks any tiny enjoyment one got from the game
  55. Mar 6, 2012
    Instead of an amazing finale to one of the best franchises in last 10 years, all we get is one big grim disappointment. Either way, endings can be described as "Life sucks then you die". Can't say this is what I was expecting. Ironically, it turned out to be that what Bioware was to Mass Effect is what Reapers were to the galaxy in game.
  56. Mar 6, 2012
    Absolutely awful and a disgrace to the Mass Effect series. BioWare has really sold out worse than I could have foreseen. The dialogue, story, and characters are not what they used too, and this feels like a game made for that annoying 12-year old that I play Halo 3 online with. I don't want to be that kid, BioWare.
  57. Mar 6, 2012
    I register this account just to express my disappointment in Bioware. ME1 was my favorite game, it was a great game no doubt about that, ME2 though was an ok game, not great just ok compared to ME1, but ME3 was terrible even compared to ME2. The past decision or even the decision in ME3 have absolutely no impact on the game, the great story in ME1 is gone, now its just cheesy teen angst soap opera, and you don't even have a choice. The illusion of choice yes, the choice to make your own commander shepherd story no (see the "multiple Deus Ex" three ending on IGN if you want), i know sci-fic or game is not suppose to be logical but this is a whole new level of Bull. Gameplay wise is okay, okay as in acceptable nothing mind blowing, but since ME was mostly about story and less about gameplay it doesn't really matter, if i want a good shooter i will play GOW3 or BD which is a lot better. Everything else is mediocre, i advise gamer not to buy this game, don't buy it based on it's past series, because ME3 is completely different, rent it first if you must, for hard core fan of the series, i advised you to pretend this game does not exist or it will break your heart. Maybe just maybe a giant size DLC will be develop by Bioware to redeemed themselves and save the ME universe, but this ain't a fairy tale so i won't keep my hope up. Ranting time!!!!!! Many of the best PC RPG game is created by Bioware in the past, but now they are determined to destroy all of it for the sake of short-term income, ridiculous dlc, releasing unpolished game just barely working so that they can get away with it. I won't even explain why i am disappointed or justify my opinion, Bioware know damn well what standard of game ME3 is as creator of great games in the past. Do you honestly think consumers will continue to support your crappy game, you are going to be EA worst mistake, because they wont even be able to squeeze one single best selling game from you! and when they realize that EA will dump you like yesterday news that you are. RIP Bioware i wish we could remember you fondly, but instead you will become the greatest tragedy and proof of the terrible practice of EA. Expand
  58. Mar 6, 2012
    this game is bad there is not good thing?? ok maybe there is no wait there not lol ok wait....nope i cant do it maybe you can??? it has guns...ok.... uhm you shoot aliens wtf?? this isnt reelstic at all...cod is better...
  59. Mar 6, 2012
    Origin - Unacceptable. Day 1 DLC - Unacceptable. As far as the rest of the game is concerned: Mass Effect 1 was an exciting, innovative new type of Action-RPG. It had an epic story in a unique, diverse universe, very good writing, great characters and real choices for the player. Little is left of that. In their desire to cater to the fans of shooters and casual games, BioWare has reduced the RPG elements, trivialized the dialogue and taken away much of the character development and choices that make a proper RPG. The story that started in Mass Effect 1 as an interesting and mystic space opera has been transformed into a predictable soap opera with mostly mediocre, sometimes outright terrible, writing. It might still be better than most of the other stories in video games these days, but that's of course not very difficult, and it's nowhere near the quality that BioWare used to deliver. Probably the worst example of the inability of the writers are the endings. On the other hand, perhaps they too were imposed by EA, to reduce the required work and costs. One complaint against Mass Effect 1 was the somewhat uninspired combat system. This had already been replaced in Mass Effect 2 with a clone of the usual cover-based shooters. Not very innovative and in my opinion still quite repetitive and not very challenging, but many players seemed to enjoy it. So in that regard, Mass Effect 3 certainly delivers the expected. But that's of course not nearly enough to make it a great game, and it's also not the reason why I play BioWare games or RPGs in general. Expand
  60. Mar 6, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have ever played. Its basically like what Jaws 3 was to Jaws 1 & 2. Absolute rubbish. I definitely do NOT recommend Mass Effect 3. Its such a pity when great franchises just ruin themselves all for the sake of profit, like Call of Duty and Resident Evil. And now, unfortunately Mass Effect.
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    Choppy dialogue, forced combat, awful storylines, terrible animations.

Bioware could've done better with this really.
    It's a shame.

3 because at least, when it was fitting, the music was nice.
  62. Mar 6, 2012
    I enjoyed ME 1 immensely but this feels like an empty shell compared to that. My previous choices seem pointless, it's like that story and deaths are ignored.
  63. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware has turned their attention to the COD crowd, and by doing so have taken that same approach to making games. Recycled plots, horrible cliche characters and now gone the way of DA2 by making all of your choices throughout the trilogy close to irrelevant. The fact that I give this a 1 is because the cd worked, everything else is deplorable.
  64. i59
    Mar 6, 2012
    Along with most other EA franchises, Mass Effect has been utterly raped by idiotic decisions i.e. having to pay to get better endings, not being on Steam etc.
  65. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware you have truely sunk low.

Day 1 DLC
    Auto dialogs.
    Import bugs
    TERRIBLE ENDINGS and Writing.

All in all I hope this game flops worse than DA2.
  66. Mar 6, 2012
    A horrible disappointment, using every trick in the book to steal money from its consumers, forcing them to buy tie-ins and dlc if they want a complete experience.
  67. Mar 6, 2012
    A lot of the reviews here seem to be from people who haven't played the previous games. As a completionist Mass Effect 1 & 2 player who reached level 60 and then level 30 I think I am in a very strong position to advise you all on this game.

Let me begin by saying I detested Mass Effect 3. It turns out every choice I made in the first two games was wrong; Bioware didn't like the way I
    played so have fixed all my choices for me.

You wanted to be a full renegade heterosexual male Shephard? Sorry, Bioware says you were wrong. It turns out you were gay for Garrus all along. Do Bioware really need a 10 minute homosexual love scene in the intro? As an adult I could understand, if not accept, what was happening to my character, but will the younger generation? My prediction is that, like my Shephard, they will be pretty butt hurt.

And this is repeated throughout the game:

You wanted to save the Collector base? Sorry, Bioware says you were wrong. You wanted to kill Tali? Sorry, Bioware says you were wrong. You wanted to liberate the Promiscuans data? Sorry, Bioware says you were wrong.

The concept of making character choices which worked so well in the first two games has been removed from this third chapter. Bioware knows better than you.

Also the chat skipping bug is still there, where you accidentally select the next line of dialogue when trying to skip through the endless terrible cut scenes. Hint: make sure you save regularly so you can undo the inevitable homosexual consequences.

My rating: 0/10
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the latest installment of Bioware
  69. Mar 6, 2012
    Why, Bioware, why would you ruin the franchise with this awful gameplay and storytelling??? WHYYYY????? It used to be deep and choice-oriented, what the **** is THIS?
  70. Mar 6, 2012
    I am generally morally opposed to writing reviews for games I haven't even played, but it's okay this time because I have played ME1&2. Since EA is in the business of making the same games over and over until they run them into the dirt, it's safe to say that I have already beaten this game a million times. Seriously though, EA can eat a bag of male sexual organs. We're tired of being treated like criminals for being fans. We're tired of you pulling content from your games and selling it at premium prices on or directly after launch day. We don't want Origin because one game launching client is enough. You don't need access to our computer files. EA is a criminal organization that peddles their franchises to the masses with the absolute most devious money-grabbing methods possible. EA is the cancer that is killing all the creativity in the games industry, and they will do and say anything to get away with it. Don't buy this game. Collapse
  71. Mar 6, 2012
    The first thing that sticks out for me here upon purchasing it, it's suppose to be an emotionally driven game... yet EVERY character either sounds like a Vulcun or Data from star trek. The game has no emotion what so ever. I'm sorry, am I missing something here? I'm disgusted by the clearly paid off media acting as advertisements for the game rather than reviewers none of them even attempted to pick this (obviose) problem up.â Expand
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    Even after the tragedy that was Star Wars: The Old Republic I thought my favorite game developers at Bioware couldn't be able to mess up another game, I mean every band has at least one bad album and every studio a bad movie right? Well turns out the Bioware I knew and loved died with SW:TOR as their most recent release ME3 has created a new level of failure in video game development. The animations are terrible compared to those of any game post 2005, and the sky is a single jpeg. I could have forced my way through the **** that is this game if only to hear what would happen to the characters i had grown to love from past games, but the story took a turn for the worse from moment one. Bland dialog and expressionless faces were everywhere, how could it be that they actually managed to take a step back in animation and writing from their previous games? Combat is bland and what you choose to do does not matter in the end as the story funnels back to where Bioware wants it to be (unless of course you buy the $100 non-****ty ending DLC[available on the disk at launch of course]) I mean now they are forcing you to decide whether you are hetero/homosexual IN THE ACTUAL GAME not in some pre-game customization but in the actual story completely breaking what little immersion the game held at that point. Does Shep have amnesia? did you forget if you liked men or women until that very moment? no. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Expand
  73. Mar 6, 2012
    I regret pre-ordering this title. I only played Mass Effect 2 before and i thought this will be the same game but with different story (and maybe better graphics). It's not. It's horrible. The little things i loved in mass effect has been removed like for example mini-games! I ask - whyyyyy? Who ask you to remove it? Not me. I don't know what else could i write hear... Just read other reviews and you will get the idea. Expand
  74. Mar 6, 2012
    This review is not against the game, it is against How the game is sold. First of all: Origin only is completely unacceptable. I bought both Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam and i want to complete my collection in the same drawer. I really love the Mass Effect series but EAs DLC policy as well as the "action-oriented" direction the game is progressing towards to appeal to the CoD audience are the reasons why i will not buy Mass Effect 3. A game has to include everything in the already way too high 60â Expand
  75. Mar 6, 2012
    Its no secret this game failed expectations for all fans, sadly this is that terrible excuse of a writer
    who wrote M.I.T.H. (wont say her name or nickname to keep band-wagoners off) terrible terrible writing
    as a business owner id fire this employee immediately i want to be successful and dropping a load to make a load of cash is necessary to me, the fact this writer wants to represent
    homosexual is beyond me
    nobody has asked for this, thinking they need any representation in video games is completely asinine and immature, but apart from that making DLC which is very important to the lore and day one which means if you want to know something that should be included in the game already you got to fork over money to see it, think if a movie at the theaters made you pay another ticket just to see deleted scenes and another ending would be outraging this how we feel, bioware drop the poor writers its for your own good i know good writing i frequent 9gag daily. in my opinion remake ME3 and make it good
  76. Mar 6, 2012
    Horrible practices against the customers and incredilby reduced quality from the second iteration that I felt was one of the best RPGs I've played.
    It's sad to see this happen to a previously so excellent series of video games.
  77. Mar 6, 2012
    Horrible writing, dumbed down gameplay, homosexual romances forced down our throats, horrible writing, awful animations, **** day one DLC and finally horrible writing.

This game is an insult to fans of the series and to gamers in general. The "professional" reviewers must have been payed off. Do not buy this heap of crap.
  78. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game. I hardly buy games on the first day, only on a rare exceptions, and this is one of them. The trilogy is one of the best (if not the best) in a Sci-Fi story driven video game. Intriguing story line, that gets deeper and deeper (the best way to experience the full effect , is by playing the games in sequence). You will feel the story and identify with the characters. Just play them, you won't be dissaponted. To those haters having issues with the DLC in day one, well.... don't buy it, pretend it doesn't exists, and then...buy it in like..6 months? LOL Expand
  79. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware. Baby. Darling. Honeycakes. We need to talk. You've always toed the line between a direct narrative and a branching narrative, and in the past it's never been a problem. Probably because the meat of the games was in the character arcs and interactions, and changing incidentals about the characters throughout the game based on choice, while not having a monumental impact, will at least give the player the FEELING of agency. There is no agency in this. None of my decisions matter. Rather than translating into flags with any significant impact on the universe, they translate into "peace points" and galactic readiness points and other hyper-simplistic **** And then there's the dialogue wheels: just like DA2, the 3-word bit of text you pick from the wheel has nothing to do with your answer. **** nothing. At one point Ashley was being emo and one of the options I could pick, in the paragon position (but not needing points), was "We've been through a lot." I thought "Oh, he's going to appeal to her emotionally through shared experience!" I selected it. Cue Shepard angrily growling "You should know me better." This makes me feel as though I'm not a part of events. That's bad. Video games are not movies, Bioware, they are video games. The scene in the demo/opening with the little boy? I know you thought it was heart-wrenching, I do, and that's adorable of you, but it's not. We met that boy literally a minute ago, and had no connection with his emotional state at all. Now he's dead. CUE SAD MUSIC AND SHEPARD LOOK SO SAD. Get over yourselves. You work best doing tongue-in-cheek, not melodrama. Oh, and stop gutting the RPG elements. In ME1 the passives were ridiculous at high levels, and you could highly specialize Shepard. The system in ME3 is the same one from ME2 with the upgrades spread out a bit thinner. The combat sections are largely tedious and laughably easy, even on the hardest difficulty. I will give Bioware one thing: they have improved on the fluidity of TPS control. However, in their fervor to do so, they forgot to make enemies that actually force the player to explore this new fluidity. He can just sit behind his chest-high wall and line up headshots with his x-ray vision Expand
  80. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm so disgusted with this game that I had to finally make an account here so I could share the sheer disappointment I've experienced so far. This game doesn't even seem like it was made by the same company. It feels like the writers for ME3 read the cliff notes describing the series so far and tried to slap something together that could pass as a sequel. They failed. This series deserved better than this, and so did the fans. Such a shame. Expand
  81. Mar 6, 2012
    The series has fallen downhill since the first. Everything has been continuously simplified, and the writing has fallen out of the realm of anything that could be considered acceptable. It's lazy, and one a person who has someone managed to enjoy the same game that Bioware has been recycling for the better part of the last decade will be able to enjoy this.
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    As I opened the box I was immediately hit by swarm of flies that nested on this piece of **** game.
    Bioware with DA2, ToRtanic and even ME2 has gone to deepest depths of hell, became one of worst developers and money hungry whores. You can pirate this but it is certainly not worth the money because by playing it you allow to be raped by Bioware and their sugar daddy EA and they' gotta
    make their 300mil tortanic money somehow so enjoy 800$ dlc.

P.S. That running animation, forced homosexual romances, bad textures and animations, taking away all RPG elements and making this a corridor shooter doesn't help either.
  83. Mar 6, 2012
    Do not listen to the people giving this game a 10 they are lying or bioware ea employers or just plain stupid this game is horrible its the worst in the series bye far their are no RPG elements left in the game at all even when you pick to play the game as an RPG they don't are about the pc you an not use your mouse wheel to scroll you ant access the journal with the j button on your keyboard you cant crouch any more like you could in the first game witch i liked the graphics and textures are appalling if you have any sense you will not bye this game if you do wait for it to be on sale or rents it other wise you are wasting your money honestly. Expand
  84. Mar 6, 2012
    Horrible game, day 1 DLC, awful story and voice acting. Instantly got a refund after being exciting for it for over 4 years. No big surprise seeing how TORtanic went down, Bioware isn't what they used to be.
  85. Mar 6, 2012
    Computer version is rough around the edge technically, but story? Unmatched. Soundtrack? Unmatched. Roleplaying? Unmatched. People need to deal with the way the story plays out, just because you don't like what happened to a particular character doesn't make it a bad game.
  86. Mar 6, 2012
    Shepherd makes some funny faces but not on purpose xD

The gameplay is OK but the bad facial animations, and well, ALL the animations, make the game unpleasant to look at. You should try it only if you want to view it as a piece of comedy. Me gusta or no me gusta?...I give this game a SITUATIONAL me gusta. Le faces are so funny xDDD
  87. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 1 is the best PC port in the trilogy. more customizable keyboard bindings , walking stance on/off, you can holster your gun, better writing, better fov. This game is lacks all of these, they don't even care about PC players anymore. I can not fathom why they do not want to take advantage of the power of the PC and release high resolution textures, like they did with DA II. The game also has fewer dialogue options and more auto dialogue, they really really want the Gears of War derpy console market. Expand
  88. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm utterly disgusted by this game. Utterly, utterly disgusted. You completely ruined the Mass Effect series with this blunder of the century. Thanks BioWare! Wors't game I've played in 10 years.
  89. Mar 6, 2012
    The Field of View makes the game unplayable. We need a simple FoV setting in the options somewhere. It would take less than an hour for one programmer to implement.
  90. Mar 6, 2012
    Finally a site that lets the people who didn't run Mass Effect ads for three months state their opinion.

The game is **** storywise. Oldest twists in the book. Hurr they were good all along. Hurr the little kid is super powerful.
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    After playing this game for a while, I can surely state that it's a waste of time and money. Skip this game, it stinks. Bioware and EA should stop paying annalists for good reviews because it's ridiculous.
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    OK, unlike paid critics and users (who actually play with pink glasses on) I will keep this one short. Don't be an idiot like me. I already wasted 100 bucks for EA (50 bucks for SW TOR, and another 50 for this piece of crap). Overall impressions: Graphics - mediocre to the best; Animations - epic fail. Animated by professional programmers, definitely not CGI specialists (lol); Dialogues - MOST EPIC FAIL EVER. They surely have been written by some retarded and are only targeted to impress retarded rednecks; gameplay - FAIL. Plus add here 10 USD DLC on the first day - and that's about that to make a conclusion, that BW is dead. I hope they spend my 50 bucks for this **** for doctor, because it is obvious someone in EA BW needs serious treatment. Oh, and I hope paid critics won't be happy with their bribes. That's all. Expand
  93. Mar 6, 2012
    What can I say? This is a HUGE letdown. It's one step forward and three steps back for Bioware. The Production values, graphics and coverbased shooting is bigger and better the ever. But at the cost of EVERYTHING else. Mack Walters Human-centric story telling is even more pronounced then in ME2. Cheap Melodrama is everywhere. Choices from previous games are just explained away in a sentence to get things the same for everyone.
    You need to have played ALL the DLC from ME2, as well needing the novels to "get" this game due to all the changes and ret-cons.
    By the end of the game, I was sick of seeing that kid that died at the beginning. Why does this traumatize Shepard when the death of his lover, his family, his friends and even himself have NO effect on him? Gotta get those Cawwadooty kiddies right?

The endings are a **** cop out, that serve no purpose but to set up the MMO. The vision was compromised and the narrative is now clearly driven by EA suits, and hack writers trying to push their agendas in the subtext.

I'm just....sad that it came to this. The talent has left Bioware it seems.
  94. Mar 6, 2012
    I sure hope nobody reads user reviews anymore, These are just sad. That said, Apparently im some sort of freak, i played an loved the first game, thought the second was lacking, but this is by far my favorite in the series. But hell maybe its best if everyone flames the hell out of the game, i mean everything the "real" fans asked for in me2 is there, its improved in every way, and a damn good game, so well you think your accomplishing something by rating one of the best games to come out in the last few years a 0/10, ill give it this nice 10/10. because its shiny and what not. The Internet never ceases to amaze me, then again, Im sure we would have a hell of a lot more positive reviews without the legions of haters banning together here, and you know, everyone else wasn't too sucked in to the game to come give it a meaningless review. Speaking of that, Im off to play a damn good game. Expand
  95. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3? More like Ass Pull 3. Nothing more needs to be said except that the moronic ending gave me a headache. If Bioware had any sense left they would fire the whole writing staff and replace it with a room full of monkeys. Of course they don't need to worry about it since they have every major game review site in their pocket.
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    I have played Mass Effect 1 and 2 but 3 is a complete disappointment. First of all, they haven't put any effort on the PC version. The settings are anemic, the lack of official mod support, day one DLC, the game is only played with your mouse and the space bar, and you need to have origin. Those are big enough reasons to not buy the game, but that's not all. The game has also been made accessible by the brainless. I think they made a mode specifically for them, thus taking away development time from important things like the inventory system we loved from Mass Effect 1. Maybe I should from now on write to review for the brainless. Ok, so ur like dis space cowboy girl and u go around da citadel whacking folks who talk bhind ur back, k? And tehn tehres liek tehse aleins who u must kill. Is liek gow but u have sheild so u dont haf to liek stand in covers. U can nao also skips teh blah blah if u wanna kill the stuffs. Expand
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    I created this account just to be able to express my disappointment with the route Bioware has chosen. It's becoming depressingly common that RPG game creators, after carving out a loyal fanbase and establishing their name, suddenly get an aversion from everything that constitutes an RPG and try to craft their games in order to cater to the lowest common denominator (see for instance: Fallout, Deus Ex, etc. - although the latest games in these series have gone back somewhat to being actual RPGs, somewhat). It's curious how game developers still seem to assume that the average gamer is a 14-year old console player with no taste or opinion. Did they really think that no-one would 'notice' Mass Effect has turned into a Gears of War clone? Of course they do. Also, why in the world would they even want to emulate Gears of War? Isn't Mass Effect at least as big as Gears of War is? It really puzzles me.

I had the same feelings when I played Dragon Age II, but I hoped that was just a fluke. After Mass Effect 3, it has become obvious that this is really a new strategy. I wish them well, but in me they have now lost a customer. I own every RPG they ever made - except that MMORPG - but I will be buying no more Bioware games, until I feel confident they've improved on their current trend of mediocre gameplay and (especially) terrible writing. It's never a good idea to alienate the most loyal and (because of age) most financially capable of your fanbase, in a stupid attempt to gain 'new fans'.
  98. Mar 6, 2012
    Sadly, for a game with so much promise, Mass Effect 3 fumbles the ball in the end zone. The game suffers ridiculous bugs, and a clearly rushed ending. I hate to say it but as I play through, I almost wonder if at some point EA came in and said 'You've got three days to finish' about three months early. I'm givng this one a zero, for much the same reasons I gave Dragon Age 2 a low score: It does not live up to the hype. It's buggy, rushed, and when it does have good ideas, they're badly damaged by the bugs. The story is forced, there is auto dialogue where you do not decide what Sheppard says, and no matter what you do, you get the same crap endings. Expand
  99. Mar 6, 2012
    I must say I looked forward to this game before. Now that I've played it I realize it's **** The plot is bad and so is the graphics. The controls are the worst I've played with aswell you can feel it's a bad console port through everything this game.

Don't buy this...