5.3

1. Jul 21, 2012
    Just finished the Game with the Extended Cut, then compared it on Youtube with the original ending. I can see why many people didn't like the ending, there really are a few too many things left open in the original ending. The Extended Cut is therefore a nice addition to give players more closure. However, I have to say, that this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played andJust finished the Game with the Extended Cut, then compared it on Youtube with the original ending. I can see why many people didn't like the ending, there really are a few too many things left open in the original ending. The Extended Cut is therefore a nice addition to give players more closure. However, I have to say, that this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and definitely does not deserve the criticism it got about it's ending. I personally loved all the endings, even though I only chose the bad ending to see what it was like, normally I wouldn't choose it. This game is an amazing and perfect conclusion to the Mass Effect Trilogy and true fans will love it like I did. Mass Effect 1 had the most epic ending, Mass Effect 2 was the most epic game overall and Mass Effect 3 was the most beautiful of them all. Also, since it mainly used music from the first and second game and didn't show that many more additional good soundtracks (apart from the beginning and the end of the game) I give this game a 9 out of 10. Well done Bioware and thank you! Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2012
    Very dissapointing ending but.... This game is just pure awesomeness. Way better than me2, and as good as me1. Me3 would be perfect if not the ending...
  3. Jun 12, 2012
    IT WASN'T THAT BAD. The majority of the game is excellent, with certain character deaths really adding to the overall experience of the series (two in particular). The combat is exciting and fluid, the dialogue well written and well voice acted, and some of the choices are deep, and philosophically challenging. Yes, the ending wasn't what we expected, and I'm as annoyed as everyone else,IT WASN'T THAT BAD. The majority of the game is excellent, with certain character deaths really adding to the overall experience of the series (two in particular). The combat is exciting and fluid, the dialogue well written and well voice acted, and some of the choices are deep, and philosophically challenging. Yes, the ending wasn't what we expected, and I'm as annoyed as everyone else, but we can't let 10 minutes ruin a trilogy which we have passed countless well-spent hours playing! Expand
  4. Jul 1, 2012
    As a fan of the two previous mass effects I have to say this was a let down, some gameplay issues, story is decent to a point, but what hurt most was the ending. Bioware not think that throwing there own lore out the window would hurt the fans really took me aback. Since the extended cut was released it fixed some issues but still leaves a bad taste in your mouth, plus a few new plotAs a fan of the two previous mass effects I have to say this was a let down, some gameplay issues, story is decent to a point, but what hurt most was the ending. Bioware not think that throwing there own lore out the window would hurt the fans really took me aback. Since the extended cut was released it fixed some issues but still leaves a bad taste in your mouth, plus a few new plot holes. An unfortunate ending to what was a good series. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    Storytelling, RPG elements and dialogue have all disintegrated a significant degree since ME2. Any illusion of some greater adventure is no longer there. You have an L shaped corridor after another to clear of enemies.

With above in mind, this game can only be seen as a cover shooter such as Gears of War. Considering how other game elements have been either abandoned, simplified or streamlined, it is curious how clumsy and void of fun the shoot em up bits are. Nothing about moving and controlling Shepard feels intuitive. Decision to cram taking cover and sprinting behind same button results in plenty of mid combat situations where you really have no idea what will happen when you press the lottery button.

ME3 is essentially a clumsy cover shooter among others. I would not recommend this game to anyone. I am amazed meta score among reviewers is as high as it is.
  6. Jul 21, 2012
    I don't understand all the criticism. To hell with all the mistakes in the game, the STORY IS AMAZING. It deserves to be honored as one of the best Sci-fi stories out there. I definitely recommend every body and soul to play through this Trilogy. You won't regret it. I give the game 7 points because there is several faults, and i give the story a 10, because it is just an epic story that iI don't understand all the criticism. To hell with all the mistakes in the game, the STORY IS AMAZING. It deserves to be honored as one of the best Sci-fi stories out there. I definitely recommend every body and soul to play through this Trilogy. You won't regret it. I give the game 7 points because there is several faults, and i give the story a 10, because it is just an epic story that i think everybody has to experience. I'm so sad to see that much criticism from the users, but ey, who cares, what matters is your own feeling :) Enjoy a truly fantastic story. Expand
  7. Aug 5, 2012
    As a huge fan of previous games, especially Mass Effect 2, to say that I am disappointed would be a serious understatement. The ending of Mass Effect 3 is not only the conclusion for this game, it's for the entire franchise, so for it to be like this is an insult to the fans. But to forget about the ending for a second, and look at the entire product, it's not at all brilliant. Combat isAs a huge fan of previous games, especially Mass Effect 2, to say that I am disappointed would be a serious understatement. The ending of Mass Effect 3 is not only the conclusion for this game, it's for the entire franchise, so for it to be like this is an insult to the fans. But to forget about the ending for a second, and look at the entire product, it's not at all brilliant. Combat is faster and yes you can now climb. roll, etc. but it just feels awkward, especially on the pc version, where one button for all makes your head explode. Tons of auto dialogue, many of the previous choices don't matter at all, it's like you didn't have any choice in the previous games, side quests are not side quests, they are fetch quests, extremely boring and idiotic, and to make matters worse, journal is a complete mess, there is no information about any of the quests, have you collected anything, is it 75% complete, no, so you better prepare piece of paper and a pen and get working. Unacceptable, the entire game. I will give it 4/10 because there are still great moments because of the surrounding characters, but all in all, they should just forget about making this and start anew. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2012
    Just like almost everyone else who played this game I didn't like the ending or the other disappointments. I cry myself to sleep wishing Shepard was indoctrinated, but this was still one of the best games I have ever played and is by far the most emotional.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    If you enjoyed ME 1 and 2 you will enjoy this game. The game looks great and the fighting is fun. I agree that the initial ending was not good but the revamped ending was very good. Also the game was much more action oriented than RPG and the dialogue did not change the story at all. In fact you can play the game without making any choices in the conversation if you pick to play the gameIf you enjoyed ME 1 and 2 you will enjoy this game. The game looks great and the fighting is fun. I agree that the initial ending was not good but the revamped ending was very good. Also the game was much more action oriented than RPG and the dialogue did not change the story at all. In fact you can play the game without making any choices in the conversation if you pick to play the game as an action game. All in all a great game. Expand
  10. Oct 30, 2013
    Amazing Game, a great ending to a great trilogy, extremely polished, and full of detail, incredible combat and excellent story telling, its a must have for this generation of gaming.
  11. Jan 5, 2013
    These days I play just RPG's (And the occasional session on WoW), I have all but lost faith in the FPS and RTS Genres. Nothing quite sucks me in like an RPG with a; Riveting Plot, Interesting Characters, Good Gameplay and a powerful sense of Immersion. Mass Effect 1, although lacking in the Gameplay department, was 10/10 on every single other aspect of the game. Mass Effect 2 corrected theThese days I play just RPG's (And the occasional session on WoW), I have all but lost faith in the FPS and RTS Genres. Nothing quite sucks me in like an RPG with a; Riveting Plot, Interesting Characters, Good Gameplay and a powerful sense of Immersion. Mass Effect 1, although lacking in the Gameplay department, was 10/10 on every single other aspect of the game. Mass Effect 2 corrected the Gameplay errors that were extremely evident in ME1, however the plot took a MINOR hit, but still was extremely engaging. Then Mass Effect 3 rolled around, and I don't really know what went wrong. People blaming EA, People blaming BioWare... Who knows, all that's evident is this game was nowhere near the sequel we were waiting for.

The gameplay didn't really improve from Mass Effect 2, but it was good in ME2 so it remains good in ME3. The Characters are still as interesting as ever (and as cool), but of course instead of the massive party selection we got in ME2 it was reduced down to ME1 numbers.
    And the plot, was just ... A mess (And that's giving it credit).

If there's one thing I can say positive about BioWare, is that at least they still know how to write engaging and interesting characters. I cried several times throughout the game, simply because you get so attached (Or from the previous games) to these 3D people and it's hard to watch some of the tragedies happen, even if you can tell there was going to be casualties in the game. If it wasn't for BioWare still doing such an amazing job in the character department, this game would be lucky to receive a 2 or 3. The plot is just an abysmal mess. You can't really explain the mess without massive spoilers so I'll simply say this. Alot of people (Inlcuding myself) claim that it's 'The Ending' which was at fault, but frankly we just used the Ending as a scapegoat, we didn't/don't want to admit that the problem is in reality the entire game. Singular planet plots like Rannoch and Tuchanka is great, because you're concluding something that was setup in the other games, but the whole 'War Assets' and the nature of the 'Overarching Plot' is just a disgrace. And then after being taken on this wild ride where you go from, 'What the heck this doesn't make sense' ... To 'Omg this is fking awesome we are doing something massive and important' ... Back and forth multiple times, just to end on the 'This doesn't make sense' side of the fence was just the Ash sprinkles on top of the Crap Cake, and it hurt the fans deeply. It's clear alot of the story was designed with players who had been with the series for a long time in mind. Moments that would leave a normal person lifting an eyebrow, was leaving us fans who had been playing since ME1 bawling our eyes out. But then they made this Overarching plot to serve, I don't even know who, because it didn't make sense to the fans and it didn't make sense to anyone else. It was just some kind of strange mess.

So if you're going to play this regardless of reviews, enjoy the characters, enjoy the locations and enjoy the decent gameplay. Enjoy the Single planet Arcs like Tuchanka and Rannoch, but don't expect to understand the overarching plot, and certainly don't expect to be satisfied and the end, because most likely you won't be.
  12. Sep 8, 2013
    I... Don't... Understand what the big deal is... Yes, the game is not much of an RPG now, but, it was still great, one of the best I have played. Everyone have other feelings about the game though, I respect that. But from my perspective, this game is a must-have.
  13. May 24, 2013
    I must say, this game starts very poorly (even worse than ME2) and it probably has the worst ending of any of the hundreds of games that I have played. It also doesn't provide much direction at the beginning, so if you play without using a wiki (like I did) you can miss out on a lot of content that I would have liked to play. That said, I have no other complaints about this game. WhileI must say, this game starts very poorly (even worse than ME2) and it probably has the worst ending of any of the hundreds of games that I have played. It also doesn't provide much direction at the beginning, so if you play without using a wiki (like I did) you can miss out on a lot of content that I would have liked to play. That said, I have no other complaints about this game. While you don't get as many squad members, you can still develop meaningful relationships with them throughout the game. The world is fantastic. I'm probably going to be crucified for this, but I think the Mass Effect story/universe is superior to both Star Wars and Star Trek. Its not perfect, but it is still a shining example of what sci-fi should be, and is definitely worth a play, just don't have your hopes too high for the ending. Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2013
    Great game. Ending was meh. It definitely improved with the free dlc, but the ending still wasn't great. Other than that though, a simply legendary game worthy of your money. Seriously go buy it. Be sure to play the whole series in order though
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    Obviously the parallel development of Star Wars: The Old Republic took a toll on both games.
    ME 3 seems to be hastily assembled to finish the series in the given time frame. The ending strongly reminds me of another game series of the Cyberpunk genre which I also like. But this ending style is imho not fitting to the ME series.
    The last two missions felt right out of place. But face it:
    The last two missions felt right out of place.
    But face it: these are the most the negative points of the third part. ME3 is still clearly above average and is never worse than a 7.0. No way Sorry, just because you've expected a happy end doesn't make the whole game bad.

The "Galaxy at War" mechanics is simply brilliant. It allows all your deeds of the three parts and two additional games, the cooperative multiplayer (included in ME3) and the mobile app "Infiltrator" to be integrated and add to your effort to save the galaxy.
    And don't believe everything you read here. E.g. multiplayer is not necessary at all to get the best endings but you need a pretty good score which is maybe not possible if you killed everything and everyone possible in the first two parts ;-p You'll just feel the consequences of your previous actions.
    And this is clearly a benefit of this game series which also contributes to ME3.

My advice to all players who gave a score below 5: play the ME series a second time and you'll see the game a little bit differently.
  16. Dec 11, 2013
    Loved the first two games. Was nothing but disappointed with this one. Combat felt almost identical to the second, and was fine. Outside of that, everything was different. The characters the second game spent so long building felt largely absent except for cameos. The choices made in previous games had absolutely no noticeable impact. The lore from the first game felt completely abandonedLoved the first two games. Was nothing but disappointed with this one. Combat felt almost identical to the second, and was fine. Outside of that, everything was different. The characters the second game spent so long building felt largely absent except for cameos. The choices made in previous games had absolutely no noticeable impact. The lore from the first game felt completely abandoned by this point, and the replacement arc was nowhere near the scope or impact. I'm not sure if they completely changed the project director by the third game, but it felt like the someone was writing the ending to someone else's story. Wasn't very good in any aspect. Expand
  17. Jan 2, 2014
    Mass Effect 3 gets a bad rap, I'm here to say that it is the best of all the Mass Effect games. ME3 combines the best elements of the first two installments: it takes the vastly improved game play of Mass Effect 2 and makes it even more fluid, more stream lined and more exciting. I appreciated the slightly expanded level-up system and weapons choices, even if still lacking from the ME1Mass Effect 3 gets a bad rap, I'm here to say that it is the best of all the Mass Effect games. ME3 combines the best elements of the first two installments: it takes the vastly improved game play of Mass Effect 2 and makes it even more fluid, more stream lined and more exciting. I appreciated the slightly expanded level-up system and weapons choices, even if still lacking from the ME1 days. I didn't care for the graphics upgrade between 1 and 2, but I appreciated the overhaul in this one.

Story-wise, ME3 succeeded where its predecessor failed. The fact that BioWare decided not to encore 15 hours of utterly unengaging "team building" was a great start. The plot feels less like a grocery list, and more like an actual moving timeline, where Shepard really is interacting with the galaxy at large and taking actions that effect it. The old crew is mostly back, and the Normandy is an alliance ship again. All is right with the world. I didn't struggle to find a reason to care. This game rediscovers the clarity of purpose that the series began with.

I hear grumblings about how the Mass Effect storyline simply became too linear, and that complaint might be valid. I never said the game was perfect. I still prefer linearity to whatever the hell ME2 was supposed to be. It might not be very RPG-like with the little things it does, but it is still very much an RPG in the bigger picture. You made a lot of choices in 1 and 2 that are going to directly affect 3 and you're going to make more choices in 3. It's easy to forget how many branching story lines there are a play in this series and the kind of effort BioWare put into making sure the player feels fully invested in whichever one they might find themselves in, and as always, the script and voice acting is top notch.

Are the last 15 minutes of the game unworthy of the Mass Effect series? Yes, it's all true. It's sad to see that the ending completely lacked the thought and care that the rest of the story got throughout the saga, but the ending has it where it counts; the final mission is difficult and thrilling, even if the bits following it fail to win hearts.
  18. Jun 23, 2015
    I will short, the best gameplay of the three, very epic scenes between characters, customization of weapons and armor remarkable and moments in the story really incredible. Now the relationship between characters is much shallower, the role component goes unnoticed, no exploration and really very linear, the dialogues an LIMITED decayed quite often a good choice and a bad choice. and aI will short, the best gameplay of the three, very epic scenes between characters, customization of weapons and armor remarkable and moments in the story really incredible. Now the relationship between characters is much shallower, the role component goes unnoticed, no exploration and really very linear, the dialogues an LIMITED decayed quite often a good choice and a bad choice. and a disastrous end. Expand
  19. May 14, 2015
    Not really wanting to post why. Everything was already said here. The game's endings weren't the problem, it was the game itself. It SUCKED, SUCKED HARD!
  20. Sep 6, 2014
    I can sum this game up in one sentence....... Great game terrible ending.

Mass effect 3 takes the refined combat of ME2 and adds further improvements out of the entire trilogy I feel that ME3 has the best and most balanced combat system. The main storyline is strong right up until priority sanctuary where it takes a steep nosedive. Overall Bioware plays to its strengths ME3 has a
    I can sum this game up in one sentence....... Great game terrible ending.

The main storyline is strong right up until priority sanctuary where it takes a steep nosedive. Overall Bioware plays to its strengths ME3 has a strong cast of memorable characters and a meaningful storyline that makes ME3 a nearly perfect end to Shepard's stroyline.

That said ME3 does have its problems
    1) Fetch missions are quite lazy and feel like an afterthought to the campaign
    2) Poor animations at times characters will jerk and do physically impossible things head twisting being a memorable moment
    3)Galaxy at war was not fleshed out and had no meaningful impact other than a red/green/blue ending (expanded on slightly with the Extended cut).
    4) Kai Leng was poorly implemented and felt like a joke. Easily one of the more frustrating moments of the game given that he is made out to be your equal but is laughably stupid most of the time which makes his cutscene wins over you incredibly frustrating.
    5) A more personal one for me was the treatment of Ashley Williams she had just two scenes and was only usable after the first half of the game.

I've had this game since release but have chosen to review not to give it the score I think it deserves and not one based on the disappointment I had after release. The reason I can give it a 9/10 is due to the fact that the problems only represent 10% of the game and as such I enjoyed the other 90% enough to give it a good score.

This is a great game and even though I believe it deserves a 9/10 I cannot help but focus on the negative aspects of the game.it has to be the worst ending to a game that I have ever played. Get it right with DAI Bioware!!!!!
  21. Feb 23, 2014
    I liked the game, despite all of the hate, I still found the game very enjoyable. I know the decisions weren't as expansive which is a bit of a let down, but in regards to the over all game, I still enjoyed playing it. I still liked the endings, I do wish that they had more variance, but not to the point where I want to set the disc on fire and rage out. The multiplayer isn't the mostI liked the game, despite all of the hate, I still found the game very enjoyable. I know the decisions weren't as expansive which is a bit of a let down, but in regards to the over all game, I still enjoyed playing it. I still liked the endings, I do wish that they had more variance, but not to the point where I want to set the disc on fire and rage out. The multiplayer isn't the most polished, it needs work. It just feels clunky. I do agree that this game isn't as good as the last, but it is still worth playing. Expand
  22. Mar 11, 2014
    Certainly a mixed bag, Mass Effect 3 is a game which is disappointing in a multitude of aspects, ranging from the bland action orientated combat, massive plot holes and poorly written characters and quite possibly one of the worst endings I have ever experienced in gaming.
    After a tense and emotional introduction, the game quickly goes down hill. Shepard, a character whom you define, is whisked away on an epic space adventure to save the universe after the Reapers finally made it to the galaxy. Somehow, this entire time no one had listened to Shepard, even though there has been excellent reasons to, now everyone is boned.

After a game of boring combat (having chose my Infiltrator class who has been leveled up since the first game, I could one shot almost anytime of enemy in the game with a rifle), characters making stupid decisions and a forced character by the name of Kei-Lang, you finally reach the end...
    And oh boy... Did it suck.

Terrible ending aside, the game had some genuine sad moments, such as the deaths of some of my favorite characters... But overall, a weak passage and pals in comparison to the amazing previous installments.

Positives:
    Fun multiplayer.
    Multiple/difficult choices.
    Genuine sad moments.
    Great soundtrack.
    Ends multiple story lines and you get to say your final goodbyes.

Negatives:
    Boring combat.
    Plotholes... Plotholes EVERYWHERE.
    Poorly written side characters.
    Vague motives.
    Horrible quest tracker.
    And that ending.... THAT ENDING.

Overall: 6
  23. Oct 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is one of the worst games i've ever played
    it completely destroyed what ME stood for

Gameplay
    The gameplay is a TPS Gears of war clone,forcing you on action sequenceshorde mode to finish the levels
    all you have to do is point and shoot,point and shoot
    ME2 removed many RPG elements from the original ME1,but this game,this abomination,it destroyed it completely
    for example,in ME2 you could chat with squadmates and they could tell you random things that would get you in a long and interesting conversation with various investigate options,here is different,you get a 1 minute long conversation at best,and the autodialogue takes 90% of your conversation away,and after that said conversation after 1 main mission,you think you can talk with them some more?
    NO,they greet you randomly with 'hey' 'hi' 'hi shepard' like Zaeed in ME2 did..that pissed me off so badly
    i hated the Zaeed system in ME2,that's why i never spoke with him at all in ME2
    The interactivity is reduced to none on the ship,you don't have a reason to check out the other parts of the ship
    The dialogue wheel is reduced to 2 options,and doesn't appear so often,since Shepard talks on his own for 30 minutes before you can do something,and that something is another shooter section
    they force you to do shooting sections over and over,long shooting galleries
    i remember in ME1-2 there were missions where you didn't even have to use weapons
    exploration has been dumbed down to a pacman like game
    you scan the solar systems with a circle like transmission that detects items on nearby planets and attracks the reapers,if they reach you there's no space battle or something cool,it's game over
    so retarded
    side quests are ridicolous,you overhear people talking about a random object lost in the reaper conquered space and you automatically have the quest,you have to do the annoying search minigame with 3 loading screens and then give it to them for 10.000 credits and sometimes a war asset
    N7 missions are like 5-6 of them,and are ripped straight from the multiplayer
    The Story

the story is bad,but the kind of bad that would make you facepalm for the entire game
    Shepard is warped from the Normandy (ME2 ending) to Earth,and 6 months have passed.
    WTF? what shepard said to the illusive man in the ME2 ending?
    'the reapers are still out there,and i'm gonna stop them without sacrificing our species' soul'
    yeah,one that does want to stop the reapers goes to Earth to be jailed.
    spectre authority?Doesn't matter
    all you did before doesn't matter,at all:
    you could do whatever you want and all you get is a slightly different line of dialogue instead of another
    the rachni for example,a critical choice in ME1
    is completely invalidated,the rachni are there,regardless of what you have chosen
    WHY GIVE US THE CHOICE AT ALL?
    all it changes it's a number
    that's all it changes in ME3
    EMS,when in ME2 we had flags that determinated who died or who survived here is a number that,you've guessed it,doesn't matter,it just determinates if the space magic device is intact or not
    each story arch is forced and boring
    screwing over lore whatever they could
    like the Geth and the Quarians
    there are many other story **** that you can imagine

Action or RPG 'mode'
    What the hell is this?
    is some kind of pandering to COD?
    stop this **** so tired of it
    from the description
    RPG mode would give you total control over what your character says
    Action mode all dialogue becomes autodialogue,renegade options
    but it's not like this,at least not in the 'RPG' mode
    Autodialogue sucks out 90% of what you say and what you do
    Shepard becomes a retard approving all they say to him without being able to ask questions
    Tali's Face ....,bioware,why did you **** it up? why do a Photoshopped image,A BAD PHOTOSHOPPED image FOR A CHARACTER THAT WE WERE WAITING 5 YEARS TO SEE? you heard right,they didn't even bother to give her a 3d model,it's all hidden like in ME2,only that photoshopped image pisses me off. especially when i know that a certain Mary Sue (Liara)is given a lot more focus this game has made me hate her I hate Mac Walters and Casey Hudson too. Including the multiplayer Why the hell did you include multiplayer? it's stupid,cheap and idiotic it's just a overglorified Horde mode from GOW with different playable characters of course,then there's the infamous ending it's the worst ending of all time,i cannot express how much hatred i've got for it,and how much i've got it for the game now so much potential,wasted Advice Stay the hell away from this piece of crap
  24. Oct 22, 2014
    Having been forewarned of the issues with the ending, I downloaded the improved ending DLC as well as all the other DLCs.

Firstly, let me tell you that the DLCs improve the game massively, and it easily deserves a 9 at least. Most if not all of the negative reviews are caused by the ending, which the DLC fixes, so no reason not to give the game a higher rating once you get the DLC, (which is available for free). The other DLCs need to be paid for but boy are they great!

In short, the DLCs improve the game massively-especially the Citadel DLC, awesome, and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. The ending was bittersweet for me, as I knew I was saying farewell to the Mass Effect Universe, but hopefully they will bring it back in the future.
  25. May 19, 2015
    A lot of people criticise the ending of ME3. Okay, there are better endings for a game. Nevertheless this is a really good game. Gameplay is as expected, the skilltrees (thank you bioware) got a bit larger then in ME2, graphics are good and story is thrilling.
    Unfortunately the characters lack depth in comparison to ME2. For me, this was much more an issue then the ending of the game. The attachment you had to your crew in ME2 is missing completely. Sometimes I even avoided people on the Normandy, because they were unsympathetic.
    But it still is a good game.
  26. Jun 19, 2015
    I'll only list the bad things about the game because everything else was ace.

- Poorly written and implemented ending
    - lack of an ending boss fight
    - autodialouge even though dialogue was a strong point in the game; would have preferred the usual cinematic dialogue
    -need more sidequests(personal pet peeve)
    -lazy writing in some areas like Cerberus

9/10 game though.
  27. Mar 15, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 features a decent single player storyline that, despite the early introduction of a fanciful 'Secret Weapon of Awesomeness', is quite entertaining for about 20-25 hours. The gameplay works, even if it's rather repetitive and doesn't really expand on what ME2 had to offer. The much discossed ending of the trilogy is indeed a storytelling disaster, the only part of which thatMass Effect 3 features a decent single player storyline that, despite the early introduction of a fanciful 'Secret Weapon of Awesomeness', is quite entertaining for about 20-25 hours. The gameplay works, even if it's rather repetitive and doesn't really expand on what ME2 had to offer. The much discossed ending of the trilogy is indeed a storytelling disaster, the only part of which that speaks in BioWare's favour being the fact that they had the audacity to make their deus ex machina an actual "god out of the machine". I wasn't too impressed by the multiplayer, which, with it's 11 waves of whack-a-mole, is only mildly more interesting than the bot-servers of earlier FPS games. Expand
  28. May 24, 2012
    I will begin with this: Mass Effect 3 had so much potential. All throughout the game, there are moments of beauty and brilliance, such as the "Leaving Earth" sequence. I heard how this game was terrible; a huge let down; a major blow to video games as a narrative medium. And for 96% of the game I thought to myself "What are these people talking about?" I really liked it; I felt like II will begin with this: Mass Effect 3 had so much potential. All throughout the game, there are moments of beauty and brilliance, such as the "Leaving Earth" sequence. I heard how this game was terrible; a huge let down; a major blow to video games as a narrative medium. And for 96% of the game I thought to myself "What are these people talking about?" I really liked it; I felt like I was steam-rolling towards the proper conclusion of my Shep.

Then the ending happened. It was like watching the U.S. theatrical cut of Blade Runner. Roy gives the "Tears in rain" speech, releases the dove, and dies; and right when you are reaching cerebral climax, Deckard's clumsy voice-over enters your ear-holes to completely ruin your moment like a drunken man-child. ME3's ending by and large completely ignores all the choices you made throughout the previous games. On top of that, all the endings are the EXACT SAME. Sure, there are some very minor differences, but there is no meaningful variation among endings. There is no closure, no denouement.

I could go on, but I will instead end with this: Were it not for the terribly handled ending this game would be a 10 in my book.
  29. Mar 7, 2012
    So naive, so boring, and with such bad graphics and funny animation... I really don´t understand the critics at all. Are you guys crazy? Have you actually played the game? Or at least tried?
  30. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 is not what it could have been. In all reality I was disappointed at some aspects of the game but overall the game is far from being horrible. Lack luster story and failure to really give a connection to previous companions was a major downfall for me. The story isn't as epic as expected for the finale, some lines seem very forced and non committed and the chat wheel got stripped down where you have two dialog choices that are basically nice and mean response. The paragon and renegade choices that you get at key points follow the same style, paragon is super nice and renegade is a worse version of the normal conversation choice. Overall the chat system and voice acting is simply adequate.

Graphics are a slight improvement with an emphasis on slight with problems with many facial animations, especially a problem with eyes rolling back into characters head all the time. Combat is a exact clone of Mass Effect 2 with some minor change ups such as a few turret sequences and Shepard solo missions. As for squad mates this was the glaring problem in my opinion, going from 12 choices (with DLC) in Mass Effect 2 back down to 6 (7 with DLC). I get this is supposed to have a vague focus on the "human story" and having a new human companion is nice but the lack of "new" unique squad mates is somewhat disappointing. Human James Vega, Robotic EDI and DLC Prothean Javik are the new comers with Garrus, Tali , Liara and Kaiden/Ashley are the returning squad mates. EDI nor Javik made me say to myself "I can't go without these people" I ended up connecting with James Vega but ran with my standard Garrus/Liara squad a majority of the game. Maybe it's me just going with the known hand or maybe the new squad mates aren't that interesting. Multiplayer for me was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. For those that don't know the multiplayer rip off "horde mode" effects your story modes "Galactic Readiness". Basically it is a great incentive to get people into the online aspect of the game by basically making it so your chances are slow bad without a high galactic readiness that you need to do at least some of it to achieve the best possible endings for the Mass Effect 3 story. Now for combat, it is basically a 4 player horde mode with some random objectives thrown in so you simply can't fortify a spot and sit there. Your main goal is to survive 11 waves of every increasing enemies, not just their numbers but strengths, each map has 3 possible enemy factions you can choose or be completely random. Reapers, Geth and Cereberus are your teams adversaries. You start out as a basic human that can be any of the games classses and as you beat waves and eventually all 11 waves you get credits and experience. Experience will let you unlock skills just like in story mode and credits can be used to buy varying equipment chests. The basic chest has common but useful items such as medi gel to heal and ammo enhancements. The mid range chest costs more but contains at least 1 uncommon item which varies from weapons to new races to play in multiplayer, along with common items like the first chest. Finally the top end chest is very expensive and requires multiple map completions to be able to afford but it guarantees a uncommon item with the decent chance of another uncommon with some common items. This mode also has a difficulty modifier, you can choose between bronze, silver and gold difficulty. The only difference is the very increased difficulty between them and the exp and credit rewards are substantially better. A side note about galactic readiness is that it will decay about 3% a day so it will need to do some multiplayer if you wish to have 100% readiness for future story play through if you wish.

Overall Mass Effect 3 is solid, it isn't the epic ending we expected from BioWare. The story we expected to be amazing came off as somewhat dull and predictable at points. The graphics had a slight improvement with unexpectedly odd facial animations but the cinematics and sound track are amazing. Your new squad mates aren't very interesting but the return of old friends that make it acceptable with enough variation. The endings aren't what I expected but the piano soundtrack during the ending mission and cinematic gave me the feeling of suspenseful hope followed by what felt as a shallow victory. The big surprise for me with Mass Effect 3 was the multiplayer, while I doubt it has the staying power needed to be super active for more then a few months, possible DLC can give a fun and usually rewarding multiplayer experience more life then it should.
  31. Jul 22, 2012
    They ruined the whole goddamn series.

How many countless hours it took playing through ME 1 and 2 probably 4 or 5 times each, and after playing ME 3 to the end I haven't touched any of them in months.
  32. Dec 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a tough one. I really enjoyed the first 2 Mass Effect games, and most of it is really great: I like the normal missions, who are like ME 1 and 2, and I even enjoy the multiplayer part alot.

BUT the ending is horrible! Not just gameplay-wise, which suxx so hard. You need to watch a movie while it plays out, because it's like 40 minuttes of cutscenes you can't skip, and choices without any real effect. And then there are the ending itself: Possibly the worst ideas I have seen in a game. My guess is the developing team was out sick or maybe they just hate everyone playing their games, but it's a serious torture to get through that hour or so it takes to get to the ending. I hope they all got fired, and that people spit on them whenever they meet them...

So, if you're considering buying the game, my advice is this: Stop when you get to the last missions (back on earth), and write some solution yourself. It can only be better, even if it means the Reapers win!!
  33. Mar 6, 2012
    Finally a site that lets the people who didn't run Mass Effect ads for three months state their opinion.

The game is **** storywise. Oldest twists in the book. Hurr they were good all along. Hurr the little kid is super powerful.
  34. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I could've forgiven a lot about ME3 ... after all, I love the franchise. ME1 was amazing; ME2 I liked despite being railroaded into working for an organization I did my best to hinder at every turn during ME1, and having my Spectre status be meaningless; and despite ME3 having graphics that looked like they came from the 90s and introducing a completely unnecessary multiplayer aspect to a single-player RPG.

I could've forgiven them for all that ... but then I played til the end. Bioware's lead writer Mac Walters said the last in the series would be about our choices having impact ... but it didn't. No matter how good we were; how hard we worked; what choices we made, the galaxy is boned and there's nothing we can do to have *any* semblance of a happy ending. Does it happen in real life? Sure ... but we play video games to escape the hopelessness of real life and to have a chance, just a chance, to make a better world. I expected sacrifices, I expected tough choices, I didn't expect a deus ex machina.
  35. Mar 8, 2012
    A shining example of what a terrible job Bioware does when porting console games to PC. Space bar is used to do four functions, the fov is terrible making it hard to explore the game environment and the textures are a lower quality than the ones in Mass Effect 2.
  36. DKN
    Mar 28, 2012
    *Spoilers Ahead*
    *Spoilers Ahead*
    99% of the game were very good, gameplay wise I think its the best game in trilogy, it also has a great main story. There were some concerns, about the game, for example some decisions from previous parts were not transferred to this game as well as i'd hoped, some side quests were boring, your quest log is a disaster, some bugs etc., but nothing game braking... up until last 10 minutes.

The ending was just awful. when i first seen it I thought i did something wrong, i was literally stunned. At the end you are given 3 choices DeusEx:HR style. The endings do not take in to consideration any of your decisions you made during your journey as Shepard. It gives you three choices, but in the end your choice comes down to the color of explosion that will probably destroy all civilizations as we know them, no matter what you do.

The ending did not just didnt give you any choices or didn't provide closer, and it was completely out of place. It felt like in the last ten minutes developers decided to change the trilogy story and values.

For me ending completely destroyed the experience from otherwise great game.
  37. Mar 6, 2012
    Sadly, for a game with so much promise, Mass Effect 3 fumbles the ball in the end zone. The game suffers ridiculous bugs, and a clearly rushed ending. I hate to say it but as I play through, I almost wonder if at some point EA came in and said 'You've got three days to finish' about three months early. I'm givng this one a zero, for much the same reasons I gave Dragon Age 2 a low score:Sadly, for a game with so much promise, Mass Effect 3 fumbles the ball in the end zone. The game suffers ridiculous bugs, and a clearly rushed ending. I hate to say it but as I play through, I almost wonder if at some point EA came in and said 'You've got three days to finish' about three months early. I'm givng this one a zero, for much the same reasons I gave Dragon Age 2 a low score: It does not live up to the hype. It's buggy, rushed, and when it does have good ideas, they're badly damaged by the bugs. The story is forced, there is auto dialogue where you do not decide what Sheppard says, and no matter what you do, you get the same crap endings. Expand
  38. Mar 16, 2012
    The game's pretty much everything I could have hoped for in the last instalment of a trilogy; A slightly elevated action level really nails home that this is something that has been built up to. The strengths of the Mass Effect series are still going strong, with gameplay in particular having been improved compared to the second game. Strictly speaking, I only think the game is worth aThe game's pretty much everything I could have hoped for in the last instalment of a trilogy; A slightly elevated action level really nails home that this is something that has been built up to. The strengths of the Mass Effect series are still going strong, with gameplay in particular having been improved compared to the second game. Strictly speaking, I only think the game is worth a review score of 9, but I'm going with a 10 in order to do a small bit to counteract the immense amount of butthurt being levelled in so many of these reviews. Expand
  39. Apr 6, 2014
    I thought this game was quite epic. I had played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and loved both but only got around to playing ME3 recently. I thought the visuals were a nice step up from ME2 and the story was very emotional and gripping. The quest tracker, however, is pretty horrible and there were a few too many fetch quests but otherwise, thoroughly enjoyed it, even the ending which II thought this game was quite epic. I had played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and loved both but only got around to playing ME3 recently. I thought the visuals were a nice step up from ME2 and the story was very emotional and gripping. The quest tracker, however, is pretty horrible and there were a few too many fetch quests but otherwise, thoroughly enjoyed it, even the ending which I thought was a fitting conclusion to a superb trilogy. Expand
  40. Mar 20, 2012
    Mass Effect as a series deserves a score higher than that is on the scale. First one was quite clumsy and the second one had some annoying bits, but the series made me care about the characters in them. The final episode built on that and did it well. I haven't had this kind of emotional connection to a game since Planescape: Torment. Truly a terrific game. 10/10
  41. Mar 12, 2012
    The Good: * The game has the classic Mass Effect play style and combat.

The Bad: * They shoe horned multiplayer in and created a reason to make it pertinent. * The equipment (and hair) of the player models is constantly poking through. * 90% of the conversations you have do not offer choices of replies - they don't even bring up the conversation wheel. * Day one DLC which requires one
    The Good: * The game has the classic Mass Effect play style and combat.

* The equipment (and hair) of the player models is constantly poking through.
    * Day one DLC which requires one line of code change in order to make it appear and which should have been part of the overall game as it was the one thing that managed to add some depth.
    * Failure to take into account player choices (from ME1, ME2, or ME3) with the ending.
    * Endings which appear to provide a choice, but don't. (What color would you like your universe destroying beam to be in?)
    * No sex scenes, demonstrating EA's editorial control over Bioware productions despite Bioware's claims to the contrary.
    * None of the side quests you complete appears to have any impact other than increasing your forces' strength for the final battle. The narrative that one might expect from Mass Effect for the individual units brought into play is not there.

As a single game, it's a shallow and fun romp until the very last portion of the game. When you and Anderson are side by side with each other, chatting, stop. Right there is the best ending you can hope for - do NOT continue. Walk away and imagine your ending. You will be happier.

As a series finale this game does NOT suffice. I don't care what theory you take to - that they wanted to show predestination, that Shepard was indoctrinated, that they're holding the series open for DLC. None of that matters. What matters is that the ending to the game - and the series - brings no closure for the player. NONE.

People are claiming that those of us who are complaining about the ending are overreacting. I don't think we can overreact. I have spent hundreds of hours of my life playing this game, I overrode my ban on EA games in order to purchase it, I hoped as a property of Bioware that they would treat the series finale properly. All of those hopes were dashed, destroyed, thrown down, stepped on, and ground into tiny pieces.

Don't buy this game. It's not worth your money. When it's a $5.00 special, it might be worth it. If Bioware rewrites the ending, it might be worth it. Right now? I spent $80.00 on the collector's edition and I wish I could get a refund - of my money, and my play time.

Between this and Dragon Age 2... well, I'm glad the indie games are ramping up because it's obvious I need to find my Western RPG fix somewhere else.
  42. Mar 16, 2012
    Mass Effect was a great game, the only complaints I can recall being performance (optimization?) issues and the rather clunky inventory.
    Mass Effect 2, counting the DLCs (esp. Lair of the Shadow Broker), was also a great game. It wasn't perfect : some aspects felt over-simplified when compared to the first game, and the resolution of the main story could have used more choices. Still, a great game.
    Mass Effect 3, the finale of a trilogy, was also a great game, for the most part. Decent graphics. Great looking locations/environments. Pretty cinematics/FMVs. Dramatic (if a bit overly so, at times) sequences. Superb score/soundtrack. The dialogue, like the previous game, was mostly solid (ok, there were some cheesy/seeming forced/heavy-handed bits, like a few speeches). The plot was 'ok', but could use some beefing up/more work, but it was, for the most part, 'ok' (not counting the ending). Almost everything was great. Almost.
    The ending, IMHO, ruins, not just the game, but, as it is the ending of a trilogy, the franchise as well.
    The ending doesn't feel to be 'in character' with the setting or even the overall feel of the game and the franchise. The ending seemingly negates any choice and also disregards (or doesn't reward) the efforts of the player throughout the game. It is very, very disappointing.
    The ending alone makes me unable to, in good conscience, recommend the game to anyone I know. Unless Bioware were to 'fix' the endings by providing more options/choices, as well as clarifying the mess that is the current set of endings, I won't recommend the game, nor will I purchase any downloadable content for Mass Effect 3.

Pros: Visuals, environment, soundtrack, dialogue/voice acting/humor, cinematics/FMVs, quantity of weapons

Cons: Ending, fewer squad mates, graphics options too limited, lack of inventory/over-simplification of RPG elements, some dialogue, quantity of armor choices, lack of other 'hubs' (there's only the Citadel), some aspects feel rushed (example: under utilization of some characters, the ending, etc.)
  43. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For those who invested the time & effort into playing the entire series, this latest and final installment will be fun to play right up to, but not including, the ending. By itself, ME3 is a very good game, with awesome combat mechanics and weapon/character customization. It has some very emotional moments that really draws you into the world of Mass Effect. However, the ending (singular form intended) completely negates all your choices and your actions from all three games, and forces you to accept a singular notion from your arch-nemesis - that synthetics will always destroy organics. You're given a limited number of nonsensical choices that no Shepard would ever agree to, but the game forces your character to choose from them, and he does so without question (very out of character). In the end, all of us may have taken a different route on our Mass Effect journey, but the destination is invariably the same - and that would have been OK had the destination been choice-driven. Given all that, I still enjoyed playing the game, although I now have zero inclination to experience the trilogy again. If you loved the series, then I would still suggest that you play this game (ignore the review bombers). Just hit ctrl-alt-del when you get to the ending.

In summary, the game's ending is a disappointing end to a very good game; the game itself is a disappointing end to an epic series. RIP Mass Effect.
  44. Mar 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game. Granted, from a hardcore paragon point of view, who does want his hero to live to fight another day in the DLCs, the ending is a bit disappointing. Saving Shepard means killing the Geth and after all the emotional investment put into getting them to make peace with the Quarians, that's just nonsense. Plus, destroying all Mass Relays and setting the galaxy back to the dark ages of space immobility is plain bad closure. Still, I don't feel I can judge the game by the last 10 minutes, and considering the other 41 hours were pure awesome, this game gets a perfect 10. Expand
  45. Mar 8, 2012
    I love it, gotten goosebumps playing this game more than I can ever recall from a video game. Seeing how so many characters that I care about have grown, is fantastic. I love the job the writers did with many of the characters. Certain ones that I felt lacked emotion early on in the series and didn't like as much as others, really seem to have evolved. Very pleased with Mass Effect 3.
  46. Nil
    Mar 6, 2012
    So, let's start. My last review got deleted.
    Why? This game genuinely deserves a 1.
    -Disregards previous installments. -Gameplay is akin to Gears of War, this is not a good thing. -Graphically inferior to the previous game in the series. -Horrible, uncanny valley, character models. -Favors "sexy" over logic. -Story driven game with a story so badly written, including cheap emotional
    So, let's start. My last review got deleted.
    Why? This game genuinely deserves a 1.
    -Disregards previous installments.
    -Gameplay is akin to Gears of War, this is not a good thing.
    -Graphically inferior to the previous game in the series.
    -Horrible, uncanny valley, character models.
    -Favors "sexy" over logic.
    -Story driven game with a story so badly written, including cheap emotional manipulation attempts. Oh sorry, I am meant to cry about a child who turns out to be important just because.
    -Old characters die in unimpressive scenarios and for no real reason. Remember those characters from previous games? They are not important anymore.
    -Enemies are simple, gameplay tediously repetitive whack-a-mole.
    -Disregards choice, it gives you the illusion of selecting where or what happens, but in the end this doesn't affect outcome. Ending choices happen LITERALLY at the end. Whatever you did beforehand plays no role in the end.
    -The ending.
    -The dialogue throughout.

Overall this game took everything that is wrong with modern games and tacked it onto this franchise, a franchise we once loved and cared for.
    This is completely unacceptable.
  47. Mar 11, 2012
    I´m new to the Mass Effect series and, the thing that bother me the most was the 1 key do all, im on a pc ffs, It gets really slumpy, and I wasn´t really a fan of the massive cut scenes in the action mode, Ill give it a 7 because the game is huge, and have a lot of replay value compared to other games, but metascore of 92 is really to much.
  48. Mar 6, 2012
    Play the demo if you don't believe my rating. And then laugh in amazement at the $70 price tag and say WTF Bioware.

This game is garbage, and bioware is continuing the trend of bad PC games.
  49. Mar 13, 2012
    Literally goes from a 10/10 to a 3/10 in the last 10 minutes of the game. What color would you like to destroy the universe with? I literally wasted hundreds of hours wasted on this trilogy.
  50. Mar 12, 2012
    I've really enjoyed the Mass Effect series, but this last one, the one that was suppose to be the big climax is one of the biggest letdowns of the year so far. It really seems like Bioware cut every corner that could be cut while trying to maximize the amount of revenue they could generate from their community, there's a heavy emphasis on the multiplayer aspect of the game which actuallyI've really enjoyed the Mass Effect series, but this last one, the one that was suppose to be the big climax is one of the biggest letdowns of the year so far. It really seems like Bioware cut every corner that could be cut while trying to maximize the amount of revenue they could generate from their community, there's a heavy emphasis on the multiplayer aspect of the game which actually does greatly hinder your effort to try and get a good ending out of this game. It really doesn't help that the entire multiplayer part is designed to be a complete grind short of spending actual money to buy packs to enhance their characters. Disregarding MP the single player is rife with issues, mostly related to the terrible attention to detail, characters are poorly animated and "pop" and "spring" about unrealistically during dialog so often it becomes impossible to ignore, on the central hub of the game npcs in the background run back and forth to nowhere if they're animated at all, actors in the distance are nothing more than distorted 2 dimensional sprites or unskinned models that look more like cardboard cutouts or paper mache figurines than people. Cutscenes and dialog cannot be skipped making replay a major task for anyone who wants to see the hidden ending that requires finishing the game at least once. Attempts at continuity on Bioware's part are admirable and one of the highlights of the game, but it becomes lost in the mess of a plot, the impossibility of Earth holding out while Shepard gathers the forces of the galaxy is handwaved away and one of the main antagonists of the game winds up being a carbon copy of Mass Effect 1's villain. It also really doesn't help that Bioware decided to shift the focus of the plot right at the very last moment of the game to steal Deus Ex: Human Revolution's plot line and ending style, then expect the player to merely accept this without question. The endings are vague and unsatisfying, leaving any fan who has followed this series right from the very beginning to be extremely disappointed. Expand
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    I don't want to spoil the ending, but this game was really, really bad. I don't have a problem with the gay scene, but the gameplay here fell extremely short and the ending left much more to be desired.
  52. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me put it this way - after this game I'm pretty much done with Bioware as my favorite RPG develoeprs. Lets go from the beginning. First of all - why is ENTIRE crew from Mass Effect 2 left you?! I mean they said that they with Shepard till the end no matter what. They with Shepard till Reapers destroyed. And bam! You have no one. If you romanced the most fragile and complex character in the ME2 - she's not in Me3. Why? Shepard fixed her, Shepard was her fortress sort of speak. And she left him right on trial... what's the point of Vega? I mean he has no idea what is going on with Shepard and other crew members, he has kinda no idea who is Shepard. So Vega is 5th wheel in all that. Also boxing scene is pathetic because of how very slow they were boxing and how repeatetive moves were. And council... I sacrificed them and placed Anderson in there and yet here we are... council is the freaking same and Udina is there (default option if you don't import save game). What was the point of doing what I did? I finished maybe something like 1/4 or 1/5th of the game and honestly I don't want to come back. Also - it's origin only with clumsy controls. So bottom line - I am VEEEEERY disapointed in this. Expand
  53. Mar 11, 2012
    I was afraid that Bioware might ruin at some point the whole mass effect magical and absorbing universe.My fears came true.Where should I start? I played the PC version and I was really disappointed in game's graphics.There are obvious signs that the game's graphics were done in some kind of a rush.Awful textures in some points during the game.For a 2012 game they look really bad .OnceI was afraid that Bioware might ruin at some point the whole mass effect magical and absorbing universe.My fears came true.Where should I start? I played the PC version and I was really disappointed in game's graphics.There are obvious signs that the game's graphics were done in some kind of a rush.Awful textures in some points during the game.For a 2012 game they look really bad .Once again PC gets a port.I am no complaining about performance since FPS rate is stable,but these textures look really ugly nowadays.What about gameplay? They made it more action,more Michael Bay style look.As a result we have bad written dialogues and on top of that we can't make a lot of real decisions during the dialogues.All this negative stuff, was obviously done for action's sake and gameplay feels a lot like GOW series.Thus, the mass effect magic is lost in the third installment of the franchise.
    Moreover,I can't understand the whole multiplayer point,Mass effect was always a trully single player experience,why ruin this now? The worst of this addition is that multiplayer affects the game's final battle.What were they thinking? Usually people play first the single player part then the multi.It's simply irrational.As for war assets feature it seemed to me quite cool in the beginning but afterwards I understood that it don't count as it should.
    Last but not least,there is a really messy badly written ending in the end of the game.Bioware gives us 3 options which all lead to an unpleasant ending.I don't say that I wanted an ending taken from children's tales where everyone lives and stays happy at the end.Though,it's really harsh to watch that all the decisions that were made in previous games simply don't count at all.This is the part why many Mass Effect's fans got angry.They can't just so simply erase our actions.It's ironic that they were saying all these years to keep the save games as they will change the whole experience in the 3rd game of the franchise.They were **** about thousands of factors that will make a difference.
    All in all,I realized in the end that spent 100 hours in Mass Effect universe,I made hard decisions,I bonded emotionally with game's characters and finally I made the impossible to unite galaxy's races only for nothing.Even the war assets don't count a lot,you have fleet of Turians,Geth,QuariansHuman,Asari and all this for nothing.
  54. Mar 11, 2012
    Disappointing gameplay, atrocious ending. Day 1 DLC, Origin. I don't need to go on.
    What a let down. Won't be buying EA again - torrents here I come.
  55. Mar 31, 2012
    NO SPOILERS:
    THE GOOD: - lots of weapons, powers and customisation. Interesting dialogues and story. Good voice acting.
    THE BAD: - Journal doesn't update/ keeps track. - It became more like watching a movie. - The camera didn't go to "talk mode" like it did in ME1 and2. - There isn't mutch to explore in the cidadel, - plot holes, Some stuff in the ending is not believable. - bugged
    NO SPOILERS:

THE BAD: - Journal doesn't update/ keeps track.
    - plot holes, Some stuff in the ending is not believable.
    - bugged quests
    - Contrast between very good and very bad/ uninished graphics is very very noticable in some missions. - Doesn't feel like an RPG at all.
  56. Mar 7, 2012
    I'am a big fan of Mass Effect and my femshep specifically. But... I HATE THIS GAME. Femshep can not die! Can not! I love her. Femshep is meaning of my life. Bioware kills her... Time to die. Goodbye everyone. I always hate my life and love femshep. Please remember that.
  57. May 27, 2012
    While I enjoyed playing the first two Mass Effect games this one left me with a disappointing experience. It just wasn't fun anymore. The most this game has to offer is the voice acting but it feels like I've heard it all before. I believe that to get a slightly "richer" experience you'll need all Mass Effect games which I have but also all the downloadable content which is something i'mWhile I enjoyed playing the first two Mass Effect games this one left me with a disappointing experience. It just wasn't fun anymore. The most this game has to offer is the voice acting but it feels like I've heard it all before. I believe that to get a slightly "richer" experience you'll need all Mass Effect games which I have but also all the downloadable content which is something i'm not willing to pay for. Expand
  58. Jan 27, 2013
    I am sick and tired of the whiny user reviews about the endings. THEY FIXED IT. and if you are still upset about the endings not being that different from each other, then you have not been paying attention to the other endings to the Mass Effect series. These ending are in the same type as the first 2 games. To give the review a 0 just because of the ending is stupid. Here is why, if theI am sick and tired of the whiny user reviews about the endings. THEY FIXED IT. and if you are still upset about the endings not being that different from each other, then you have not been paying attention to the other endings to the Mass Effect series. These ending are in the same type as the first 2 games. To give the review a 0 just because of the ending is stupid. Here is why, if the game was so bad to earn a 0, then you would never finish it to see the endings! The rating is base on and OVERALL experience. The game was a very fun play. I enjoyed the experience and hope that they keep going in the Mass Effect universe. Expand
  59. Apr 3, 2013
    A year after its release, I just wanted to post my review. Mass Effect 3 is a real amazing experience and I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys sci-fi RPGs. I don't usually bother posting reviews, but this was truly one of the finest games of its genre for our generation.
  60. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is a fistula. What is a fistula? In anatomic terms it's an abnormal hole connecting two things that should not be connected. One of the most problematic is obstetric fistula which connects the vagina (awesome) with the bowels (super not-awesome). This game connects amazing writing, good gameplay with a ending.

You can't fix this game's ending but you can help women world-wide

You can't fix this game's ending but you can help women world-wide suffering from obstetric fistula. Go to http://www.fistulafoundation.org/ and donate today!
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    This really saddens me. I enjoyed the first Mass Effect greatly, it was one of the top games and one my personal GOTYs. But this is a travesty, it is nothing short of a joke, the punchline written by Hepler. SPOILER : The ending reveals it was all just a grandpa telling his grandson a story. How lazy do you have to be that you have to end a story with "It was all just a story."? I don'tThis really saddens me. I enjoyed the first Mass Effect greatly, it was one of the top games and one my personal GOTYs. But this is a travesty, it is nothing short of a joke, the punchline written by Hepler. SPOILER : The ending reveals it was all just a grandpa telling his grandson a story. How lazy do you have to be that you have to end a story with "It was all just a story."? I don't even understand how being hired through nepotism has helped Hepler maintain her position as a writer for bioware, this is the third game in a row that they have released with just horrid writing. You can disagree all you want, but why don't you go back and play Baldur's Gate and compare the writing of then to now. Admittely most of the reviews are probably trolls, the positive ones at least. Fans in denial that their perfect company could ever have a flaw, who likely haven't even played the game. The plot makes no sense, they go out of there way to make sure every past action of the player doesn't matter whatsoever, they sexualize characters for no reason and the ones they have no way of sexualizing they completely ignore.
    Picking a heterosexual option is a renegade choice, how? Overall I'm not disappointed, I was disappointed when they ruined Dragon Age. Now I'm just waiting for them to release their ultimate garbage ball which will either kill the company and put it out of it's mercy or get them to reconsider their writing staff a little more carefully.
  62. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow there are so many low scores on here already did anyoneeven play the game?.im 10 hrs in and i absolutely love it. Ive played all 3 of the Mass Effect games and to have choices i made in a game 4 years ago affect whats happening in this one is awesome. There are some great plot twists and some of the decisions i made i had to stop and have a good think about which way i was going toWow there are so many low scores on here already did anyoneeven play the game?.im 10 hrs in and i absolutely love it. Ive played all 3 of the Mass Effect games and to have choices i made in a game 4 years ago affect whats happening in this one is awesome. There are some great plot twists and some of the decisions i made i had to stop and have a good think about which way i was going to go.
    The graphics are great and maybe the people complaining might need to upgrade their Pc's (although i suspect they dont play games they just troll and **** so their old rigs are perfect for that). The sound is great and the music score in all 3 ME games have been absolutely awesome.
    On a side note i dont understand the hate towards Origin? its just another digital download service and ive never had a problem with it.
    This is the best game ive played in ages i was hooked on Dark Souls then Skyrim but ME3 has me sucked into the story and im loving it. Even if you didnt play the first 2 games grab your self a save file and have a crack at this one, dont listen to all these haters who most likely havnt played the game .
  63. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In preparation for this release I played through Mass Effect 1 and 2. As with the first time I played the games I was impressed by their storytelling, gameplay, and general polish. The choices I made felt like they affected the game world in a variety of ways and my interactions with various characters changed the tone of the story, even if the inevitable confrontation with Saren and the Collectors was preordained. Opening up Mass Effect 3, the first thing that struck me was that the weight of all of my previous decisions was built into the game. Every character I saved in Mass Effect 2 remembers me and the trials we went through, those that I didn't save were conspicuously absent. The sympathy I showed the Rachni in ME1 was put to the test early, and my 90+ hours of trying to fix the genophage finally met fruition. At times the choices in this game can be paralyzing- Bioware has done a good job of making the options true "tough choices"- set against the backdrop of trying to rally the various races and military forces in the universe together to fight the reapers, Shephard must occasionally decide between those things which help the war effort and those things which are the "good" thing to do. You'll learn this early on when asked to send biotic children to the front lines or not- Do you take this powerful weapon that risks the lives of a group of gangly teenagers, or do you keep them safely away from the front lines? Do you make your military stronger, or do you preserve your humanity?

The ending requires special mention because I think that it is unfairly maligned. It is not a "happy ending". Shephard does not fly off into the sunset, a woman (or man) on his arm, smiling confidently as his enemies erupt in flame behind him. This is the end of the story, and "success" is measured in terms of humanity's survival not Shephard's. The emotional impact of ending the story is artfully done, and in many ways the cries that have come up from the community are the result of actually being impacted by a game's ending (which is not something the gaming community is used to).

As for the plot holes that people talk about, I urge players to play through the entire series if they are legitimately aggrieved. Sovereign's dialog explains much of the Reaper's motivations, as does the Collector dialog in ME2. It makes perfect sense so long as you assume that the Reapers aren't lying about their motivations or intent.
  64. Mar 9, 2012
    Holy mother of **** is this game bad. Did not live up to the hype at all. Leave it to EA to spend money on marketing that should go into the game. Story was bad, and interacting with characters was worse. I couldn't manage a second playthrough.
  65. Mar 6, 2012
    Worse game of the series, not to mention Origin deepthroats flaccid donkey penis to the max. Do yourself a favour and avoid this garbage and the pos spyware EA wants to force you to install.
  66. Aug 24, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game. Unlike popular opinion. The only gripe i have is of course the ending, purely because it's slightly behind par compared to the endings of other bioware games. But for me I view the game as a series of endings that tie off all the loose threads throughout the series. Which is something most people seem to have difficulty understanding. The gameplay isMass Effect 3 is an amazing game. Unlike popular opinion. The only gripe i have is of course the ending, purely because it's slightly behind par compared to the endings of other bioware games. But for me I view the game as a series of endings that tie off all the loose threads throughout the series. Which is something most people seem to have difficulty understanding. The gameplay is thoroughly enjoyable and the visual's are usually pretty good as well. Even the multiplayer is surprisingly great. One of the few multiplayers of recent games that I've enjoyed. Expand
  67. Mar 18, 2012
    I absolutely loved the game, felt emotionally attached to all my characters and couldn't wait to see how my favorite gaming series of the last decade would be concluded... Now I wish I had stopped ten minutes before I did.

The ending has completely ruined the experience for me, not only for ME3, but also the first two games. It's impossibly difficult to invest in a game you know will leave you an empty and broken husk at the end.

As someone so bluntly put it in a forum post: It's like eating a magnificent three-course dinner, only to be served fecal matter for dessert, forcing your body to expunge it all at a lethal velocity. No matter how good the rest of the meal tasted, you'll leave on an empty stomach and with a terrible taste in your mouth. I wish this wasn't true. I really do.
  68. Mar 21, 2012
    yea its not worth a 1 but more like a 5 or soo but im still giving it a 1 to prove a point. Where to begin?, once again a **** console port, thats a lot bioware. On my way to the end i had 2 game stoping bugs, one with the dlc that wouldnt let me watch videos and another one with the main game that required a reboot. Also sound and video would bugg out at times, In the end this is a fairlyyea its not worth a 1 but more like a 5 or soo but im still giving it a 1 to prove a point. Where to begin?, once again a **** console port, thats a lot bioware. On my way to the end i had 2 game stoping bugs, one with the dlc that wouldnt let me watch videos and another one with the main game that required a reboot. Also sound and video would bugg out at times, In the end this is a fairly shallow rail shooter with a ok story, great production values, and a horrible ending.

Thumbs up for the multi player tho, almost the best part of the game. short and shallow as it is.
  69. Mar 7, 2012
    The game is very disappointing. They removed the planet and resources exploration, almost no dynamic dialogs (most of the game if cut scene dialogue), removed completely the RPG from the game..
    A bad way to end a trilogy. Mass Effect 2 was the best in the series because it mixed RPG and action TPS but now with Mass Effect 3, it remains only Action TPS and that's sucks!!
  70. Mar 11, 2012
    Best game of the series, right up until the "push a button' ending. I still loved it, but God is that ending frustrating. It's like the end "Under The Dome" but even more frustrating. Buy it, just don't finish it.
  71. Mar 6, 2012
    Its a plataform game, and for PC dont have controller support, this is ridiculus....Wrong move bioware!
    So simple dont u think?Put some support for xbox controller, why this dont have?Strange...
  72. Mar 7, 2012
    I loved Mass Effect
    I adored Mass Effect 2
    I loved Mass Effect
    I adored Mass Effect 2
    I truly and utterly despise Mass Effect 3. EA and Bioware basically killed one of the best gaming title of the past 10 years with this last installment. It's boring and blatant, it tries to act like an FPS game, it's overly simplified, it's ugly, it's story is nowhere comperable to the previous ones, it forces gay romances down your throat, it's too easy even on insanity, it's...it's just BAD. And this comes from a gamer who even bought ME2 Collectors Edition because of how much I loved these games.

I strongly suggest not buying this game, Boycott Bioware, BOYCOTT EA, do anything that you can to make them realize this is not what we wanted.

This is a sad time for gaming.
  73. Mar 12, 2012
    You probably think that most of the people on here are just bombing the score, or tolling. But, go play Mass Effect 1 and 2 and then play 3 and I try to come back here and give this a good review. The endings alone are enough of a complaint to warrant outrage
  74. Mar 9, 2012
    That's not what I was expecting. First ME was a great game - action RPG. You could feel, that you're Shepard. ME2 - epic game but it lost a bit spirit. ME3 - it is still epic but I feel that it's only a game. Not a film nor RPG. It lost everything that was most important in ME.
  75. Mar 11, 2012
    All in all a decent game, nothing special. Good voice acting, decent graphics/sound, memorable charcarters (good and bad) and a somewhat thought through story. I dont get the why people are so angry about the endings? Yeah they arent happy, with kittens on the top, but so what? I would rate this game at 6, but since Lance Henriksen is thrown into the mix.... I cant help it: 8 points to Mr. Bishop.
  76. Mar 16, 2012
    Great game, The story is the main focus and it's amazing. The endings could have been a bit better but it's still really good. Amazing and enjoyable combat, Great 3rd person shooting, Awesome weapons, and well done cover system. The graphics look fantastic but it has some glitches. The sound effects and the voice actings are amazing. It's one of the main reasons that makes you care forGreat game, The story is the main focus and it's amazing. The endings could have been a bit better but it's still really good. Amazing and enjoyable combat, Great 3rd person shooting, Awesome weapons, and well done cover system. The graphics look fantastic but it has some glitches. The sound effects and the voice actings are amazing. It's one of the main reasons that makes you care for each character. Great game. Recommended for everyone. But it's better if you play the first 2 before this one. Expand
  77. Mar 6, 2012
    I wanted an epic conclusion to the previous two games that brought the full weight of my choices to bear in a glorious ending involving the previously lampshaded themes of entropy. The ending I got instead simply didn't fit, it was a hybrid of the endings from Deus Ex and Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann, and somehow still failed to be compelling.

The only "positive" aspect of the game that

The only "positive" aspect of the game that they could think of to market being gay romance. As a heterosexual, I don't care about gay romance, and as a gamer I care very little about romance as a sub-plot in the first place.

Additionally, the visuals and gameplay are both substantially worsened from the previous two games.
  78. Apr 3, 2012
    Terrible game, ridiculously mind-numbingly BORING...the last squeeze from a exhausted cash cow who's moments are long past the ole' family farm. You'll ask yourself while playing "wow? are people actually buying this slop?" The answer is EA games...they don't make games, they make deadlines! and they **** over everyone else in the moneygrubbing process. Too many business degrees who neverTerrible game, ridiculously mind-numbingly BORING...the last squeeze from a exhausted cash cow who's moments are long past the ole' family farm. You'll ask yourself while playing "wow? are people actually buying this slop?" The answer is EA games...they don't make games, they make deadlines! and they **** over everyone else in the moneygrubbing process. Too many business degrees who never played games now trying to sell them.... I don't even recommend the pirated version of this game ...it's that bad. Expand
  79. Jun 1, 2012
    Tight controls, beautiful environments, and fluent combat all make ME3 what it is today, a success. The storyline too makes it a beautifully written book. The largest issue to the "mob" seems to be a lackluster ending, an increadibly small price to play considering the 30 hours i'v put into each game in the series (plus the 60 extra hours from playing two other characters on varyingTight controls, beautiful environments, and fluent combat all make ME3 what it is today, a success. The storyline too makes it a beautifully written book. The largest issue to the "mob" seems to be a lackluster ending, an increadibly small price to play considering the 30 hours i'v put into each game in the series (plus the 60 extra hours from playing two other characters on varying difficulties). Considering all the choices made throughout four games, what the hell did people expect? Turian Strippers and Quarian supremecy? For those of you not stuck up on the Single Player, the multiplayer too has lots of fun to be had. Like short war stories one holds the line and moves forward with valid team combat. The idea that Bioware didn't innovate or expand on the original two is amusing, If they had picked any ending beside the one in now, it would be flamed. If They had everyone wear special hats, it would be flamed. The biggest issue i have with the game is the lack of a Mako, it made the game a bit more interesting, stumbling around in the universe in your own casket-box and being quite suprised when you see your first Maw. Expand
  80. Mar 6, 2012
    A terrific game.Bioware has really outdone itself in this final installment.Everything including the game play, the story and the music has been improved. This has got to be the most emotionally compelling experience in video game history. The ending though was depressing and I would would have preferred a happier ending. If anyone deserved a happy ending it was Shepard but it was stillA terrific game.Bioware has really outdone itself in this final installment.Everything including the game play, the story and the music has been improved. This has got to be the most emotionally compelling experience in video game history. The ending though was depressing and I would would have preferred a happier ending. If anyone deserved a happy ending it was Shepard but it was still beautiful. My favorite Mass Effect game and deserves a perfect 10. Expand
  81. Mar 6, 2012
    Disappointing, derivative and convoluted. BioWare tries to make things deep and emotional but with their Bayesque approach to storytelling it just ends up utterly pretentious. You'd expect better from the supposed masters of interactive storytelling. Speaking of interacting there is barely room for it in Mass Effect 3's dialogue system. With the cinematic presentation taken too far youDisappointing, derivative and convoluted. BioWare tries to make things deep and emotional but with their Bayesque approach to storytelling it just ends up utterly pretentious. You'd expect better from the supposed masters of interactive storytelling. Speaking of interacting there is barely room for it in Mass Effect 3's dialogue system. With the cinematic presentation taken too far you will be watching Shepard go on and on without any form of player input almost as if you were really at the cinema. While the generic shoot and stop gameplay isn't necessarily bad it doesn't begin to make up for the rancid conclusion of this maudlin space opera.

Do yourself a favor and play Deus Ex instead.
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    Really enjoyed the game, thought the characters were really well developed and the set pieces were fantastic, you really did feel as though you were in the action. Amazing graphical updates and the fact that the series was in fact a story told by a granddad to his kid makes me happier as now I can await the MMO which will involve the true story instead of make-believe.
  83. Mar 6, 2012
    Day one DLC, forced romances, boring gameplay, terrible graphics, pants on head retarded story, uninteresting characters and the list goes on.

So much did EA/Bioware pay the reviewers?
  84. Mar 12, 2012
    Mass effect 1 - had many issues, but showed promise in a franchise.
    Mass effect 2 - A step forward in combat mechanics and streamlined gameplay, a step backwards in freedom with a linear exploration feel
    Mass Effect 3 - A quick money making title, ignoring the basics of animation and gameplay mechanics. PC ignorance is bliss here. I dont know what game the review companies are playing,
    Mass effect 1 - had many issues, but showed promise in a franchise.

I dont know what game the review companies are playing, but its not the one purchased. A huge disappointing to a franchise that has gone from RPG to a FPS with poor movie style cutsceens. The SPACEBAR is used for running, rolling around, selecting world objects. It fails most of the time and you find yourself rolling around when you try to run. You find yourself standing still when your trying to run because a world object came across your hud. The animations are dreadful, for a game that trys to sell itself as a movie, it feels like they forgot about animating your player, the one you stare at. At the start of the game, you are given an option to either play the game as Action/RPG/Social. Action is the default setting, RPG claims to be "the mass effect experience" but none of the options actually provide you with information on what you gain or lose from each. The end product feels rushed, forced on console gamers and a huge disappointing to a player who loved ME1/2. It seems bioware has lost interest in making "SOLID" games, its a company that just wants to roll in on past victories, and forgets why people loved their 1st games.
  85. Apr 23, 2012
    First game was great. Second was even better. So you can assume that third will be the best in the series and again Game of The Year ???. Not in this case. To begin with do you remember how many side quests there were in first game and each of them were interesting in their own way. Second game was little bit different, it tried to be action game with RPG elements so quests weren't thatFirst game was great. Second was even better. So you can assume that third will be the best in the series and again Game of The Year ???. Not in this case. To begin with do you remember how many side quests there were in first game and each of them were interesting in their own way. Second game was little bit different, it tried to be action game with RPG elements so quests weren't that awesome as in first game but still were good. Well in third game there are two types of quests: N7 "missions" and Citadel "missions". First one nothing as N7 missions in previous games. All maps that feature in this "missions" are from multiplayer and tasks are "find and bring something back" or "kill everything". For quests were you need to find something and bring it back you would want a journal so you would know were to go. The "Journal" in ME3 has only description of quest, nothing about were we can find item or were bring it. New Citadel also sucks. It just sucks. Now I would like to skip part about interaction with NPCs and Normandy cause it will take a lots of time. The major problem with game is endings. Remember when developers said that non of the endings will be the same ??? Remember when they said that multiplayer won't be connected to single player ??? Remember when this bastards said that all choices we made in previous games will huge influence on ending ??? Either I play it wrong either developers are really bad liars. To get different endings we need war assets. To get them we need to play multiplayer a lot and a little bit of single player. Then we need to choose between 3 different lights. Light which we choose will be color of explosion. There is some difference like Reapers will destroy Earth or Shepard can survive but you got the point. So what EA did looks like Call of Duty when it was just a baby. With each game it gets worser and worser until they will find another company... Awful quests, ugly locations, f****d up ending, day one DLC and unnecessary interactions make this game worst game of this year. Yes, worser than Amy... Expand
  86. Mar 7, 2012
    Loved Mass Effect 1 and 2, this is a linear piece of **** I find myself watching TV in the background simply to keep myself somewhat entertained. Characters lack emotion, and don't have the same feeling in the previous games. Bioware pretends that the criticism is purely hate, when by looking at the negative reviews, this is clearly not true. Dialogue options are simplified and boring,Loved Mass Effect 1 and 2, this is a linear piece of **** I find myself watching TV in the background simply to keep myself somewhat entertained. Characters lack emotion, and don't have the same feeling in the previous games. Bioware pretends that the criticism is purely hate, when by looking at the negative reviews, this is clearly not true. Dialogue options are simplified and boring, combat is about the same, hardly any improvements, and explore-able environments have completely disappeared. This game is a giant joke. Personally, I'm pretending that Mass Effect 1 and 2 are true to the series, and 3 never happened. This is what the Crystal Skull movie did to the Indiana Jones series, it raped it. Expand
  87. Mar 11, 2012
    Not surprised that EA and Bioware made a crappy ending. It looks like in recent years its their ''style'' to slap customers in the face.
  88. Mar 6, 2012
    Rather than trying to expand on the formula which set Mass Effect as one of those rpg-shooter hybrids which grow more frequent as the years pass by, Bioware decided to dismiss it completely in favour of Michael Bay-grade explosions and the like.

Mass Effect 3 starts off almost a year after ME2 where Shepard has done nothing of note except somehow end up on Earth and is being trailed by the Alliance for the **** you've done". That's nice, guess he stopped working with Cerberus and the Council's spectre status meant nothing.

Anyway, auto-dialogue sets in with little to no player input for minutes on end, probably one of their new innovations when impatient people found dialogue boring and then explosions occur and the Reapers are there. The entire galaxy acts shocked.

Now, maybe I expected too much from the writers but the pacing is horrible. This isn't just for the intro--though the intro does a wonderful job of showing it--with the entire game having Shepard talking without the player's input and the game hoping to imagine you know **** when you don't before explosions happen everywhere.

It almost seems like they were trying to build a blockbuster movie rather than write the end of the trilogy, Mac Walters and Casey Hudson being supervised by Michael Bay who's constantly yelling "MORE EXPLOSIONS" throughout the entire creation process.

In addition to this, importing serves little to no purpose. Killed a character before? It's somehow back alive! Spare a character? Well, they died off-screen! The consequences which were advertised for years now, since the very inception of the series, becoming meaningless and serving nothing but wasting a writer's five seconds to create a new line for the sake of importing.

I feel like I've been robbed, not simply because of my purchase of ME3 being a complete waste but the entire trilogy built up absolutely nothing. Unable to play ME1 or ME2 anymore, ME3 spoils the entire experience. If I wanted automatic dialogue, crappy plots and one-liners I would find myself playing Gears of War, least they have a slightly rewarding ending (Yes, ME3 ends on a downer note that tries to be optimistic and leaves you with hundreds of questions, none which they try to answer).

Bioware has fallen hard as of yet, I don't trust they'll be able to stand anymore.

Useless information:
    Gameplay is choppy on PC, one button covering a thousand functions reeks of bad porting.

Graphics are worse on PC, shadows everywhere try to obscure poor textures. High Res Patch may be coming but it won't matter since everything is hidden under layers of shadow.

Multiplayer gets tiresome quickly, essentially being singleplayer without the dialogue (oh wait, that is the singleplayer. lol.) which you fight waves of enemies with Hackett telling you to do things here or there. Level up system is poorly thought out, certain characters have huge imbalances and you need to sacrifice your MP character to get assets for the Single Player (REPLAY VALUE!!111 *cough* not).

Multiplayer is also necessary to get the better endings, which is absolutely **** absurd.

Day 1 DLC up the ass costing upwards to 900$ for everything.

Mass Effect 3 is absolute garbage, as much as I hate to say it.
  89. Mar 6, 2012
    This review is going to be a book of revelations to many readers. In particular, many will be surprised to learn that Mass Effect 3's capable of monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation. The nub of what I intend to say here is that Bonapartism has its stronghold among vainglorious, picayunish nutcases. Why does that matter? It matters because the time has come to choose betweenThis review is going to be a book of revelations to many readers. In particular, many will be surprised to learn that Mass Effect 3's capable of monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation. The nub of what I intend to say here is that Bonapartism has its stronghold among vainglorious, picayunish nutcases. Why does that matter? It matters because the time has come to choose between freedom or slavery, revolt or submission, and liberty or Mass Effect 3's particularly sententious form of parasitism. It's clear what Mass Effect 3 wants us to choose, but he's like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Pull back the curtain of mysticism and you'll see an inarticulate cumber-ground hiding behind it, furiously pulling the levers of cronyism in a postmodernist, stingy attempt to progressively narrow the sphere of human freedom. That sort of discovery should make any sane person realize that Mass Effect 3 is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Mass Effect 3 and a pigeon is that Mass Effect 3 intends to silence truth-tellers like me. That's why if Mass Effect 3 isn't abhorrent, I don't know who is.

I would like to put forth the possibility that some people are responsible and others are not. Mass Effect 3 falls into the category of "not". If you will pardon me for mentioning it, he maintains a "Big Brother" dossier of incriminating information about everyone he distrusts to use as a potential career-ruining weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? The answer is rather depressing, but I'll tell you anyway. The answer begins with the observation that at this point in the letter I had planned to tell you that the cure for corruption, conspiracy, and treason must start by exposing the problem to people who care and are not themselves corrupted. However, one of my colleagues pointed out that people like him make me sick. Hence, I discarded the discourse I had previously prepared and substituted the following discussion in which I argue that this makes me fearful that I might someday find myself in the crosshairs of Mass Effect 3's raving half-measures. (To be honest, though, it wouldn't be the first time.)

Mass Effect 3 is still going around insisting that all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la. Jeez, I thought I had made it perfectly clear to him that he contends that people find his unrelenting, over-the-top hostility rather refreshing. What planet is he from? The planet Querulous? Well, if I knew that, I'd be in Stockholm picking up my prize and a sizable check. If you want truth, you have to struggle for it. This letter represents my struggle, my attempt at tackling the multinational death machine that Mass Effect 3 is currently constructing. It is also my soapbox for informing the community at large that you don't have to say anything specifically about Mass Effect 3 for him to start attacking you. All you have to do is dare to imply that we should transform our culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and nonviolence. To reiterate the main message of this letter, in this case, the obvious solution is also the correct one.

Mass Effect 3 overall makes for a disappointing game and a even bigger disappointing close to the trilogy

Pros:
    Sometimes enemies die when you shoot at them
    Reused music from previous games reminds me of better times
    The ability to delete files of the game to remove macho bro character from the game.

Cons:
    Choices made across the games don't really matter the writer retcons them as they see fit to tell their cliche little story rather than the player's personal story
    Nonstop parade of fan pandering from a computer being put into a fembot to a D-list gaming celebrity making a appearance.
    As the game progress enemies take too long to kill and feel like fake difficulty to pad out the game length
    No prompt or option to immediately kill party members upon their introduction.
  90. Mar 6, 2012
    Honestly Bioware? after setting up so many good characters you give us the **** ones for our squad and completely hack apart the interior of the normandy.
    not to mention the fact that 90% of your choices from the previous games do absolutely nothing.
    dissapointed bioware so dissapointed
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    In all honesty, 2/10 is being generous. Bioware has consistently proven that they are one of the worst video game companies. The fact that they rely so heavily on downloadable content, and squander their funds on shooting copies of the game into space instead of actually putting effort into it will forever astound and confuse me. The first Mass Effect was a decent game, and I would give itIn all honesty, 2/10 is being generous. Bioware has consistently proven that they are one of the worst video game companies. The fact that they rely so heavily on downloadable content, and squander their funds on shooting copies of the game into space instead of actually putting effort into it will forever astound and confuse me. The first Mass Effect was a decent game, and I would give it an easy 8/10. However, over the second and third installments, more and more content was taken away and casualized. On top of this, great chunks of the game were cut out to later be sold for more profit in DLC. This portrays Bioware as the money-grubbing gamer-hating company that they really are. They capitalize on the popularity of a product, and cast aside the devoted fanbase in order to garner more sales from less involved gamers who buy annual releases of Call of Duty. It's a sickening fact, but it's true.

The writing is also piss poor, and almost insulting to those who enjoy quality storytelling in their video games, or any other medium in general. Gameplay has further been dumbed down to include a one hit kill melee button, and squad members have lost all of their interesting angles by becoming strange amalgamations of jersey shore contestants and jocks, or characterized versions of their former selves.

I urge you to stay away from this game, or at least buy it used so Bioware does not get any of your money. Gamers who buy these releases should be ashamed of themselves for hurting the industry further by giving Bioware the ability to make more low quality games for ridiculous amounts of money.
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    Even after the tragedy that was Star Wars: The Old Republic I thought my favorite game developers at Bioware couldn't be able to mess up another game, I mean every band has at least one bad album and every studio a bad movie right? Well turns out the Bioware I knew and loved died with SW:TOR as their most recent release ME3 has created a new level of failure in video game development. TheEven after the tragedy that was Star Wars: The Old Republic I thought my favorite game developers at Bioware couldn't be able to mess up another game, I mean every band has at least one bad album and every studio a bad movie right? Well turns out the Bioware I knew and loved died with SW:TOR as their most recent release ME3 has created a new level of failure in video game development. The animations are terrible compared to those of any game post 2005, and the sky is a single jpeg. I could have forced my way through the **** that is this game if only to hear what would happen to the characters i had grown to love from past games, but the story took a turn for the worse from moment one. Bland dialog and expressionless faces were everywhere, how could it be that they actually managed to take a step back in animation and writing from their previous games? Combat is bland and what you choose to do does not matter in the end as the story funnels back to where Bioware wants it to be (unless of course you buy the $100 non-****ty ending DLC[available on the disk at launch of course]) I mean now they are forcing you to decide whether you are hetero/homosexual IN THE ACTUAL GAME not in some pre-game customization but in the actual story completely breaking what little immersion the game held at that point. Does Shep have amnesia? did you forget if you liked men or women until that very moment? no. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Expand
  93. Mar 6, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have ever played. Its basically like what Jaws 3 was to Jaws 1 & 2. Absolute rubbish. I definitely do NOT recommend Mass Effect 3. Its such a pity when great franchises just ruin themselves all for the sake of profit, like Call of Duty and Resident Evil. And now, unfortunately Mass Effect.
  94. Mar 6, 2012
    Instead of an amazing finale to one of the best franchises in last 10 years, all we get is one big grim disappointment. Either way, endings can be described as "Life sucks then you die". Can't say this is what I was expecting. Ironically, it turned out to be that what Bioware was to Mass Effect is what Reapers were to the galaxy in game.
  95. Mar 6, 2012
    i had already read the spoilers for this but i decided to pick it up just to check it out im sorry i did and will be taking it back for a full return since it "somehow" stopped working. this is a terrible game, with a terrilbe plot and a horrible ending that sucks any tiny enjoyment one got from the game
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    since when its a reason to give bad score for dlc or origin? well Trolls thinks so, so ignore them.

sure isn't mass effect 1 but if you liked mass effect 2 you'll like this one too, same mechanics if not even better, story isn't bad and since its triology we true ME fans we already knew how this triology would end and now this is the last chapter. mass effect 2 in a short version this was more a scounting mission and at end preemptive strike, but now this gets more weight and tension then ever before, its WAR .

game is fluid, animations too, more weapons and costumization too (also weapon mods). story is good but it feels like you're racing against time (obviously its war of survival), fight on earth, mars and everywhere this is great. decisions more then ever effects the outcome on a much bigger scale, no longer they stay with you if you take the worst decisions or act like jackass-selffish human.

multiplayer is great and very fluid and various classes, characters and weapon mods and unlocks and its co-op featurings 6 maps (for now). i reccomend this game and i give 10, sadly majority here gives 1 and 0's but based on something wich isn't the game itself "dlc, EA, origin, no sense" ........
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    This game has been ruined by EA. The Bioware that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 is gone. Mass Effect 3 has been made to cater to the lowest common denominator. While the first one was a little rough around the edges, the second was perfect. Three however, is too far. In terms of visuals, they are too dark, made to look like the current CoD games. This is an RPG, not an seasonal shooter. PleaseThis game has been ruined by EA. The Bioware that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 is gone. Mass Effect 3 has been made to cater to the lowest common denominator. While the first one was a little rough around the edges, the second was perfect. Three however, is too far. In terms of visuals, they are too dark, made to look like the current CoD games. This is an RPG, not an seasonal shooter. Please EA, get your hands out of where they shouldn't be, and let game studios make games for their fans, not for your wallets.â Expand
  98. Mar 6, 2012
    Greedy people demanding 10 bucks for dayone dlc. That is not acceptable. For all paying customers is should have been free. Just like in ME2. Also, the RPG elements are very much cut down, making this game more COD-alike. PC version has worse graphics. Outrageous!
  99. Mar 6, 2012
    Unfortunately this game just does not stand out in any way shape or form and it seems to just be a recycled game design. Multiplayer is fun for an hour or two as well then just kind of gets boring as well.

1. Apr 11, 2012