5.2

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Does not live up to the other games, a letdown. Seriously? Joker telling his grandkids a story? Talk dies? It's a real shame the game ended like it did.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    YA Blew It

This game really nose dived faster than the Titanic. Horrible clunky control, bad user interface, and just plain embarrassingly horrible writing. The RPG elements are completely gone, the game feels like COWADOOTY GEARS OF WAR IN SPACE with homosexual references shoved down my throat. Now I consider my self a post modernist moral relativist secular-humanist transgender in the
    embodiment of female form but the homosexual references about how Commander Shepherd sucks the best dick on board the ship etc, etc is just way to forced. I personally blame Jennifer "the land whale" Helper, she is not a true ally of the QUILTBAG (Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Trans, Bisexual, Asexual, Gay) movement. Some respected sources such as Alex Jones even suggest that she is confirmed Mossad spy sent by Yugoslavia to damage the image of us QUILTBAGs. To me it seems plausible, just look at bad ME 3 portrays homosexuals and it's not too hard to believe. That's about it, pretty much glad it's over. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    Can't believe I wasted money on this game. I'm going to waste two more minutes posting this to warn people about ME3, and that's it. And the "day one DLC" is an insult, what has become of the video game industry?
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    In all honesty, 2/10 is being generous. Bioware has consistently proven that they are one of the worst video game companies. The fact that they rely so heavily on downloadable content, and squander their funds on shooting copies of the game into space instead of actually putting effort into it will forever astound and confuse me. The first Mass Effect was a decent game, and I would give it an easy 8/10. However, over the second and third installments, more and more content was taken away and casualized. On top of this, great chunks of the game were cut out to later be sold for more profit in DLC. This portrays Bioware as the money-grubbing gamer-hating company that they really are. They capitalize on the popularity of a product, and cast aside the devoted fanbase in order to garner more sales from less involved gamers who buy annual releases of Call of Duty. It's a sickening fact, but it's true.

The writing is also piss poor, and almost insulting to those who enjoy quality storytelling in their video games, or any other medium in general. Gameplay has further been dumbed down to include a one hit kill melee button, and squad members have lost all of their interesting angles by becoming strange amalgamations of jersey shore contestants and jocks, or characterized versions of their former selves.

I urge you to stay away from this game, or at least buy it used so Bioware does not get any of your money. Gamers who buy these releases should be ashamed of themselves for hurting the industry further by giving Bioware the ability to make more low quality games for ridiculous amounts of money.
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    How such unoriginality and blatant cliches and overused plot devices, including the incredibly anti-climatic ending is somehow praised by critics as the "epitome of storytelling" is beyond me. Mass Effect 3 is the last, dying breath of a once great developer, who seem much too keen on sealing their own fate.
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is what I imagine would happen if Mass Effect 1 got made into a badly done Hollywood Movie and that movie had a badly done game based upon it. Oh and the movie was directed by Michael Bay and the game was done by THQ.
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    Just when you thought Bioware couldnt outdo DA2, voila here you have ME3. This game takes no account of what you do throughout the game, giving you the illusion of choice. The endings are a cliche attempt to be dark and edgy, but leave you with a sour taste in your mouth. The characters are dull and there are glaring plotholes, retcons and glitches that will compound your sorrow along with the horrible endings. Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    Best game this generation. Don't believe the trolls who bash this game. Mass Effect is this generation's Star Wars. They really shoud delete all these troll acounts giving negative scores :)
  9. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is an irredeemable mess from start to finish. The animations and writing are a massive joke, even compared to the first 2 games. Don't get me wrong, I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2, but that's why I'm so incredibly disappointed. This is the last Bioware product I will ever play, they shown with SW TOR that they're incompetent at what they do, and this is just the icing on the cake.
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    A lot of expectations came from the first Mass Effect. Unfortunately, Mass Effect 3 delivers on very little of what was promised. ME3 has taken the more casual approach to reach a wider audience. Unfortunately, this has shunned those who played the first one. There's a saying "Dance with who brought you." Bioware did not do this with the Mass Effect series. This cannibalization of its fanbase is at the heart of ME3.

I played through an advanced copy of ME3 and found it entirely underwhelming. It is the weakest game in the series -- this coming from someone who found the story of ME2 a pointless placeholder.

It's not that ME3's story is cliche, it is but that takes a back seat to how nonsensical it is. It's rushed and never follows through with the story from ME1...in fact, it makes irrelevant most of ME1 despite it having the strongest story in the series.

The gameplay is nothing special either. Sure it's fine, but it's clunky and several actions are mapped to a single button meaning you'll roll instead of take cover and vice versa. It's on par with say, Kane and Lynch -- a mediocre shooter from a few years back.

Once the game ends, it prompts you with an advertisement to buy DLC. Th;is is one of the most offensive things I have ever found in a game. Mass Effect 3 is a bad experience. I recommend picking it up used in 6 months for $10 bucks.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    Worst letdown ever. Obviously ruined by clever production managers. However, consequences will only follow for the Studio. This is how you Britney Spears a Nina Simone.
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    I can't believe this.
    I've played ME1, it was a great FPS/RPG hybrid with its flaws, but the story and the art direction pushed it foward, I've enjoyed every single moment of that pearl.
    Then I've played ME2, and I was disappointed, it wasn't BAD but it was suffering from being the middle title, so no real plot progression, most of the game was going around being the fetch boy for the
    local quest givers, but I actually liked how they evolved the gameplay into being more dinamic even though I was worried about it going closer to a over the shoulder FPS and the mediocre quality of the wriiting.
    Now here we are at Mass Effect 3... what is this Bioware ? Did you mistreat your employers and they've decided to release a bad product out of spite ?
    The bad writing got even worse, you have destroyed all of the characters, the reapers have been downgreaded to a generic space conqueror when they were well fledged space death bringers in the first two games. "LET'S FIGHT BACK !" ? Are you joking me ? Should I be scared of a villain who dances between being an unbeatable abomination and Team Roket ?
    The gameplay is Gear Of Wars, plain and simple, you've thrown away the original gameplay and gave the middle finger to the people who made ME famous in the first place, but I should've seen it coming on ME2.
    The graphics are dated, UE3 is good if used right but if you put low resolution blurry textures and badly designed blocky levels with the same level of phantasy as TRON, the game looks bad even if the tech behind it is great.
    The Soundtrack is good at least, doesn't get boring and does its job into helping you immersing in the game.
    There is one thing that really hit me though, none of my choices matter. none. Everything just turns out the same in a different flavour, with some dialogues changing. That is NOT shaping the world on my choices, that is playing Deus Ex on your story and making sure things go the way you want regardless of what we think.
    And I can accept that, but at least don't LIE to us, tell us sincerely that you got over your head, wrote yourself into a corner and were forced to retcon stuff to make the game better, it's understandable and way better than giving yet another middlefinger to your customers.
    Finally, I don't know if Bioware's success got to its head, but they have forgotten their roots, they think they are god and whoever disagree is either a troll or WRONG by divine right, they won't accept critics and improve upon them, which can only lead them into making even worse games.
    I hope EA will do something about the few bad member of your otherwise great dev team.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    Too much subtle liberal propaganda in this game. The dialogue writing is horrendous and doesnt hold up to the previous Mass effect titles. A heap of plotholes and terrible ending that was a huge letdown.
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    -bluebad
    -redgood
    -greenbad
    This "game" is not made for gamers by any means. It is made for drooling trash with no standards, and bioware confirmed them as their target audience. If you are supporting this game, you are supporting the cancer that's slowly degenerates and kills the industry.
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware you have truely sunk low.

Day 1 DLC
    Auto dialogs.
    Import bugs
    TERRIBLE ENDINGS and Writing.

All in all I hope this game flops worse than DA2.
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    So, how in god's name is it possible to **** up so much with the sequel? I have empty new folders with more entertainment value than this. The graphics? Its 2012, and i expect things to look better, ALOT better. If tom and jerry had looked like this i would have been disappointed, AND IT WAS MADE IN THE 50'S. The sound in this game? Well that is pretty much the only positive thing to comment on. If you see this game in a store, RUN the **** out from it - and never return. Your life is worth it. Actually i can think of other things that would be better than playing this game, strapping my balls to a rock and throwing it out of the window, jump down from a 5 story house, putting my eyeballs out with a spoon. Oh how much more fun that would have been. If this game was played in my house, i would have puked 5 times, before the god damn game had even started. If you have bought it, take the dvd and throw it the **** out of the window as soon as possible. However, if you still feel for buying it, you can rather just call henry won bick in Germany - and become lobotomized with a needle. If i ever, ever meet a bioware employee that is in charge of the ME-series, i will find the biggest cactus you can find in mexico, and **** them from behind with it. Expand
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    Everything about this game is terrible, just like Dragon Age II, it messes up the few elements Bioware had gotten right in their dumbed down franchises.

You are presented with less "illusion of choice" than in ME1 and ME2 when it came to dialogues, and a lot less stuff to probe from the NPCs. The "neutral" sounding choice has been completely cut from the game. The whole atmosphere emitted
    by the game is creepy and takes itself way too seriously, cue the sad sounding piano tune that's played in many of the worst scenes written by bioware, beating Dragon Age II in the derp department. The whole story does not make sense at all and spends a lot of time basically retconning the stuff we took for granted in the first two installments of the trilogy. For each of the episodes, Bioware changed the writing team and it shows. ME3 is an unplanned abortion and not something that was carefully crafted from material built since Mass Effect 1. The textures are disgusting, the animation laughable (you can find better animations in Skyrim which says a lot in itself since Bethesda's games are not known for that kind of virtue..), everything about this gays says "quick and dirty development" to cash in on the name of the franchise as fast as they could without regards for the quality of the work, just like Dragon Age 2, which took a lot less time to make than Dragon Age Origins and had terrible texture, terrible models, backgrounds, copy pasted dungeons in the side quests and basically being nothing more than a shell devoid of actual content. Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2012
    What a letdown. Coming out of the other mass effect games with high hopes and expectations, I was completely disappointed. The story was sloppy, the graphics took a step back and the game-play was severely reduced. I also heard there is DLC from day one? What the flying duck?
  19. Mar 6, 2012
    Absolutely awful, I've never played anything so bad, Bioware has been going downhill for a LONG time and has finally hit rock bottom, first The old Republic(butchered what could of been a great game) and now this monstrosity.
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    by the way, the critic scores are a joke. dont be fooled people, they get paid for saying that crap. i see it time and time again, if it wasnt for crooked critics that are only out for a quick buck then we wouldnt have to deal with so many bad games. its just like the paid movie critics. our paid entertainment is just like ordering food at crapdonalds, have you ever ordered anything and have it look anywhere near what the picture looks like. these marketing firms that the companies hired should be taken out back and put down, every last one of them! Expand
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    I created this account just to be able to express my disappointment with the route Bioware has chosen. It's becoming depressingly common that RPG game creators, after carving out a loyal fanbase and establishing their name, suddenly get an aversion from everything that constitutes an RPG and try to craft their games in order to cater to the lowest common denominator (see for instance: Fallout, Deus Ex, etc. - although the latest games in these series have gone back somewhat to being actual RPGs, somewhat). It's curious how game developers still seem to assume that the average gamer is a 14-year old console player with no taste or opinion. Did they really think that no-one would 'notice' Mass Effect has turned into a Gears of War clone? Of course they do. Also, why in the world would they even want to emulate Gears of War? Isn't Mass Effect at least as big as Gears of War is? It really puzzles me.

I had the same feelings when I played Dragon Age II, but I hoped that was just a fluke. After Mass Effect 3, it has become obvious that this is really a new strategy. I wish them well, but in me they have now lost a customer. I own every RPG they ever made - except that MMORPG - but I will be buying no more Bioware games, until I feel confident they've improved on their current trend of mediocre gameplay and (especially) terrible writing. It's never a good idea to alienate the most loyal and (because of age) most financially capable of your fanbase, in a stupid attempt to gain 'new fans'.
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    I must say I looked forward to this game before. Now that I've played it I realize it's **** The plot is bad and so is the graphics. The controls are the worst I've played with aswell you can feel it's a bad console port through everything this game.

Don't buy this...
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    I have played Mass Effect 1 and 2 but 3 is a complete disappointment. First of all, they haven't put any effort on the PC version. The settings are anemic, the lack of official mod support, day one DLC, the game is only played with your mouse and the space bar, and you need to have origin. Those are big enough reasons to not buy the game, but that's not all. The game has also been made accessible by the brainless. I think they made a mode specifically for them, thus taking away development time from important things like the inventory system we loved from Mass Effect 1. Maybe I should from now on write to review for the brainless. Ok, so ur like dis space cowboy girl and u go around da citadel whacking folks who talk bhind ur back, k? And tehn tehres liek tehse aleins who u must kill. Is liek gow but u have sheild so u dont haf to liek stand in covers. U can nao also skips teh blah blah if u wanna kill the stuffs. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    I sure hope nobody reads user reviews anymore, These are just sad. That said, Apparently im some sort of freak, i played an loved the first game, thought the second was lacking, but this is by far my favorite in the series. But hell maybe its best if everyone flames the hell out of the game, i mean everything the "real" fans asked for in me2 is there, its improved in every way, and a damn good game, so well you think your accomplishing something by rating one of the best games to come out in the last few years a 0/10, ill give it this nice 10/10. because its shiny and what not. The Internet never ceases to amaze me, then again, Im sure we would have a hell of a lot more positive reviews without the legions of haters banning together here, and you know, everyone else wasn't too sucked in to the game to come give it a meaningless review. Speaking of that, Im off to play a damn good game. Expand
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3? More like Ass Pull 3. Nothing more needs to be said except that the moronic ending gave me a headache. If Bioware had any sense left they would fire the whole writing staff and replace it with a room full of monkeys. Of course they don't need to worry about it since they have every major game review site in their pocket.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    After playing this game for a while, I can surely state that it's a waste of time and money. Skip this game, it stinks. Bioware and EA should stop paying annalists for good reviews because it's ridiculous.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm utterly disgusted by this game. Utterly, utterly disgusted. You completely ruined the Mass Effect series with this blunder of the century. Thanks BioWare! Wors't game I've played in 10 years.
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    Shepherd makes some funny faces but not on purpose xD

The gameplay is OK but the bad facial animations, and well, ALL the animations, make the game unpleasant to look at. You should try it only if you want to view it as a piece of comedy. Me gusta or no me gusta?...I give this game a SITUATIONAL me gusta. Le faces are so funny xDDD
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm so disgusted with this game that I had to finally make an account here so I could share the sheer disappointment I've experienced so far. This game doesn't even seem like it was made by the same company. It feels like the writers for ME3 read the cliff notes describing the series so far and tried to slap something together that could pass as a sequel. They failed. This series deserved better than this, and so did the fans. Such a shame. Expand
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    Horrible writing, dumbed down gameplay, homosexual romances forced down our throats, horrible writing, awful animations, **** day one DLC and finally horrible writing.

This game is an insult to fans of the series and to gamers in general. The "professional" reviewers must have been payed off. Do not buy this heap of crap.
  31. Mar 6, 2012
    Horrible practices against the customers and incredilby reduced quality from the second iteration that I felt was one of the best RPGs I've played.
    It's sad to see this happen to a previously so excellent series of video games.
  32. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the latest installment of Bioware
  33. Mar 6, 2012
    Its no secret this game failed expectations for all fans, sadly this is that terrible excuse of a writer
    who wrote M.I.T.H. (wont say her name or nickname to keep band-wagoners off) terrible terrible writing
    as a business owner id fire this employee immediately i want to be successful and dropping a load to make a load of cash is necessary to me, the fact this writer wants to represent
    homosexual is beyond me
    nobody has asked for this, thinking they need any representation in video games is completely asinine and immature, but apart from that making DLC which is very important to the lore and day one which means if you want to know something that should be included in the game already you got to fork over money to see it, think if a movie at the theaters made you pay another ticket just to see deleted scenes and another ending would be outraging this how we feel, bioware drop the poor writers its for your own good i know good writing i frequent 9gag daily. in my opinion remake ME3 and make it good
  34. Mar 6, 2012
    Even after the tragedy that was Star Wars: The Old Republic I thought my favorite game developers at Bioware couldn't be able to mess up another game, I mean every band has at least one bad album and every studio a bad movie right? Well turns out the Bioware I knew and loved died with SW:TOR as their most recent release ME3 has created a new level of failure in video game development. The animations are terrible compared to those of any game post 2005, and the sky is a single jpeg. I could have forced my way through the **** that is this game if only to hear what would happen to the characters i had grown to love from past games, but the story took a turn for the worse from moment one. Bland dialog and expressionless faces were everywhere, how could it be that they actually managed to take a step back in animation and writing from their previous games? Combat is bland and what you choose to do does not matter in the end as the story funnels back to where Bioware wants it to be (unless of course you buy the $100 non-****ty ending DLC[available on the disk at launch of course]) I mean now they are forcing you to decide whether you are hetero/homosexual IN THE ACTUAL GAME not in some pre-game customization but in the actual story completely breaking what little immersion the game held at that point. Does Shep have amnesia? did you forget if you liked men or women until that very moment? no. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Expand
  35. Mar 6, 2012
    I regret pre-ordering this title. I only played Mass Effect 2 before and i thought this will be the same game but with different story (and maybe better graphics). It's not. It's horrible. The little things i loved in mass effect has been removed like for example mini-games! I ask - whyyyyy? Who ask you to remove it? Not me. I don't know what else could i write hear... Just read other reviews and you will get the idea. Expand
  36. Mar 6, 2012
    I register this account just to express my disappointment in Bioware. ME1 was my favorite game, it was a great game no doubt about that, ME2 though was an ok game, not great just ok compared to ME1, but ME3 was terrible even compared to ME2. The past decision or even the decision in ME3 have absolutely no impact on the game, the great story in ME1 is gone, now its just cheesy teen angst soap opera, and you don't even have a choice. The illusion of choice yes, the choice to make your own commander shepherd story no (see the "multiple Deus Ex" three ending on IGN if you want), i know sci-fic or game is not suppose to be logical but this is a whole new level of Bull. Gameplay wise is okay, okay as in acceptable nothing mind blowing, but since ME was mostly about story and less about gameplay it doesn't really matter, if i want a good shooter i will play GOW3 or BD which is a lot better. Everything else is mediocre, i advise gamer not to buy this game, don't buy it based on it's past series, because ME3 is completely different, rent it first if you must, for hard core fan of the series, i advised you to pretend this game does not exist or it will break your heart. Maybe just maybe a giant size DLC will be develop by Bioware to redeemed themselves and save the ME universe, but this ain't a fairy tale so i won't keep my hope up. Ranting time!!!!!! Many of the best PC RPG game is created by Bioware in the past, but now they are determined to destroy all of it for the sake of short-term income, ridiculous dlc, releasing unpolished game just barely working so that they can get away with it. I won't even explain why i am disappointed or justify my opinion, Bioware know damn well what standard of game ME3 is as creator of great games in the past. Do you honestly think consumers will continue to support your crappy game, you are going to be EA worst mistake, because they wont even be able to squeeze one single best selling game from you! and when they realize that EA will dump you like yesterday news that you are. RIP Bioware i wish we could remember you fondly, but instead you will become the greatest tragedy and proof of the terrible practice of EA. Expand
  37. Mar 6, 2012
    The first thing that sticks out for me here upon purchasing it, it's suppose to be an emotionally driven game... yet EVERY character either sounds like a Vulcun or Data from star trek. The game has no emotion what so ever. I'm sorry, am I missing something here? I'm disgusted by the clearly paid off media acting as advertisements for the game rather than reviewers none of them even attempted to pick this (obviose) problem up.â Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2012
    Absolutely awful and a disgrace to the Mass Effect series. BioWare has really sold out worse than I could have foreseen. The dialogue, story, and characters are not what they used too, and this feels like a game made for that annoying 12-year old that I play Halo 3 online with. I don't want to be that kid, BioWare.
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    Why, Bioware, why would you ruin the franchise with this awful gameplay and storytelling??? WHYYYY????? It used to be deep and choice-oriented, what the **** is THIS?
  40. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game and ends the trilogy successfully. The gameplay and graphics are top notch, but as expected the storytelling is where the game truly shines. Bioware manages to keep improving the series right until the end and should be commended for it. Buy copies for yourself, your friends and all their friends as you won't be disappointed.
  41. Mar 6, 2012
    A horrible disappointment, using every trick in the book to steal money from its consumers, forcing them to buy tie-ins and dlc if they want a complete experience.
  42. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware has turned their attention to the COD crowd, and by doing so have taken that same approach to making games. Recycled plots, horrible cliche characters and now gone the way of DA2 by making all of your choices throughout the trilogy close to irrelevant. The fact that I give this a 1 is because the cd worked, everything else is deplorable.
  43. Mar 7, 2012
    If nothing else, they added options for mouse sensitivity and hiding your helmets. I really give it an 8, just putting 10 to counter all the zeros.
  44. Mar 6, 2012
    Origin - Unacceptable. Day 1 DLC - Unacceptable. As far as the rest of the game is concerned: Mass Effect 1 was an exciting, innovative new type of Action-RPG. It had an epic story in a unique, diverse universe, very good writing, great characters and real choices for the player. Little is left of that. In their desire to cater to the fans of shooters and casual games, BioWare has reduced the RPG elements, trivialized the dialogue and taken away much of the character development and choices that make a proper RPG. The story that started in Mass Effect 1 as an interesting and mystic space opera has been transformed into a predictable soap opera with mostly mediocre, sometimes outright terrible, writing. It might still be better than most of the other stories in video games these days, but that's of course not very difficult, and it's nowhere near the quality that BioWare used to deliver. Probably the worst example of the inability of the writers are the endings. On the other hand, perhaps they too were imposed by EA, to reduce the required work and costs. One complaint against Mass Effect 1 was the somewhat uninspired combat system. This had already been replaced in Mass Effect 2 with a clone of the usual cover-based shooters. Not very innovative and in my opinion still quite repetitive and not very challenging, but many players seemed to enjoy it. So in that regard, Mass Effect 3 certainly delivers the expected. But that's of course not nearly enough to make it a great game, and it's also not the reason why I play BioWare games or RPGs in general. Expand
  45. Mar 6, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have ever played. Its basically like what Jaws 3 was to Jaws 1 & 2. Absolute rubbish. I definitely do NOT recommend Mass Effect 3. Its such a pity when great franchises just ruin themselves all for the sake of profit, like Call of Duty and Resident Evil. And now, unfortunately Mass Effect.
  46. Mar 6, 2012
    I don't even know how to start this. Remember how they kept hyping the game from its story elements, the decision making replayability and how it'd influence the game? HAH. Your decisions barely change the way the game goes, especially towards the endings. Endings which are completely ripped off the original Deus Ex, too, and make no sense whatsoever in the game. I won't spoil you because I don't want to take the fun (see: disappointment) out of the game for you, if you haven't finished it yet, but let's just say that Commander Shepard is more of a character by itself now, instead of what it should be and was in the other games - You control him, he reflects what you think/do in the game, not play as him only and act like you're nothing but a spectator. And the amount of feelings the game tries to force on you will make you cringe rather than actually getting sad. All the drama it tries to get down your throat (most notably around the kid who appears in the first part of the game), the "decisions" you have to take which usually mean something gets saved while the other gets destroyed - that makes me go "oh no I have to choose what to save i cri evertim ;_;". It'd work if they wouldn't have done it so many times. The amount of plot holes in here make me want to scream "NURSE!" because of how big and many they are, and how many questions they let unanswered. And let me guess, fans will say "it's so you can come up with your own responses to it" - well, I wish I could've come up with different endings then, and it still proves that Bioware was lazy on the matter. They give you the illusion of free choice in the not as many interactions you take in dialogue, but it all ends up in the same. And in these fewer times you can choose what to say, there isn't much other than Paragon or Renegade. No neutral response? Why would you remove that? Now, don't get me wrong. The gameplay and graphics aren't bad. They're just ME2ish, bringing almost nothing new, but it's still enjoyable enough. Facial animations are subpar, and the characters have almost no emotional response to what happens (which contrasts with what the game is trying to do). Also, explosions everywhere. It's like we're back... in... MW3. Good lord how easy it is to compare ME2 and ME3 with MW2 and MW3 (because if you think about it, both MW3 and ME3 were made with their focus more on multiplayer, they have the same graphics, same gameplay as their previous games, and are cashins more than a proper game). Anyway, animations... Well, they aren't horrible (except the Anderson running animation on the first mission, holy hell it makes me laugh from how bad it is, and the Femshep running animation) but you could've expected better, even from Bioware. What irks me is that the most important parts of the game, the biggest selling points, its plot and how what you do influences the whole game (and series), are just... ruined. I can't think of a better word, and I wish I wouldn't find myself saying this, but I never had big expectations for this game and it still managed to break them, on the bad way. I'd say more, but I'd be spoiling the story to prove my points. 1/10 because it's not a HORRIBLE game... But it's close. Just my opinion. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    It was kind of ok, I expected way more from the graphics and the "rpg" elements werent as satisfying as i hoped them to be. All in all Im glad i could finish that story, but that ending was a huge leddown too.Im going to send this back to amazon
  48. Mar 6, 2012
    Instead of an amazing finale to one of the best franchises in last 10 years, all we get is one big grim disappointment. Either way, endings can be described as "Life sucks then you die". Can't say this is what I was expecting. Ironically, it turned out to be that what Bioware was to Mass Effect is what Reapers were to the galaxy in game.
  49. Mar 6, 2012
    i had already read the spoilers for this but i decided to pick it up just to check it out im sorry i did and will be taking it back for a full return since it "somehow" stopped working. this is a terrible game, with a terrilbe plot and a horrible ending that sucks any tiny enjoyment one got from the game
  50. Mar 6, 2012
    So, apparently, someone is running some sort of campaign against EA/BioWare.

I went through and checked 20-some of the zero ratings... ...and to my utter shock and amazement, the only game these people have reviewed is ME3 (...and some, on all three platforms). Admittedly, my history is much the same, but I'm not a legion of shills. It's a worthy successor to the franchise, to be
    certain. I haven't played more than a couple hours, so I can't make any further intelligent and informed observations for content I have yet to experience. Expand
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    Well. Mass effect started great. We all know how good the first mass effect was and how much fun we all had playing it. Mass effect 2 went down hill big time but it was still playable, still fun. Not nearly as good as the first game but we let it go since we were just happy to have a sequel of the game we love. Mass effect 3. Well. I'm not sure what to say about this game. How? how could they mess this series up this much? Where did they go wrong and why? I could list the reasons but I won't since I only have 5000 characters to write this review. So I will make it short and sweet. Bioware stopped loving their games. That's all. They have become less interested in making games that are actually good and more interested in selling games to the mindless masses so that they can make more money. Simple really. Look at their latest games and tell me i'm wrong. Expand
  52. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was a gigantic disappointment. What the hell was the point of ME2 if all of the people you recruited die pointless deaths or are generally useless as **** The graphics were terrible (oh my god, that water looked like sludge) the animations were laughably bad, (fem-shep's running animation is just plain silly) and the plot looked like something a fifteen year old girl would write. It was full of plot holes and retconned information, and I feel as though a very minimal amount of effort was put into the entire thing. I've returned my copy already. Expand
  53. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware killed our beloved sci-fi rpg with the help of EA. I could pay for this game even if they make it pure action based. But with this level of retardness level of story and storytelling, it really upsets me as a Mass Effect fan. From now on I decided not to pay for any Bioware game.
  54. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is terrible. I loved Mass Effect one, I'd probably give that one like a 9/10. the second one came up and **** it up. It turned into a COVERBASED SHOOTER BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL. and now this third one just destroyed everything. Ammo? Really Bioware? You added AMMO when the first and second one DIRECTLY said that ammo doesn't exist. full retard bioware. $10 prothean squadmate DLC? Why would you remove something so important like a prothean and sell it for $10? It's pretty obvious that you didn't make him "after" the game was put on the disc and everything, because many groups have already created a ME3 dlc UNLOCKER that UNLOCKS the dlc ON THE DISC. That's right, the DLC is right there on the disc, but you have to pay 10 dollars to unlock it. there's no way to get out of that one. Other than the terrible running animations, black and white choices, CHEST HIGH WALLS SO REAL ACTION PICK UP THIS AMMO, and payed reviews, this game sucks. About those reviews, let's take a look at destructiod for a second here. They claim that people are "trolling" the metacritic reviews, by putting useless reviews and 0's. Really destructoid? Are you really that paranoid? "holy **** this person hates a game that I like! they must be trolls!" That's a very childish thing to say, and for you to look over all of the legitimate complaints and call them "potentially legitimate" is also childish. It's great that you get paid by bioware and they let you have their games early and stuff, but sometimes you just need to stop being retards for a second, and think about what you're encouraging. Furthermo-
    You must pay $10 to unlock the "Review Ending" DLC package.
  55. Mar 6, 2012
    I registered just to warn people away from this game.

The dialogue is on auto-pilot, the new characters are terrible, and your old decisions don't matter. There are plot holes so huge in places it feels like Bioware never PLAYED the first two games. It's painfully obvious that the development time spent on a (terrible) multi-player mode that no one wanted, in addition to the story/action
    mode options, really hurt the game in other areas.

ME 1&2 did something really, really well. ME3 tried to do that and like six other things, and given another few years might have been able to. As it stands, though, it failed at all of them.
  56. Mar 6, 2012
    since when its a reason to give bad score for dlc or origin? well Trolls thinks so, so ignore them.

sure isn't mass effect 1 but if you liked mass effect 2 you'll like this one too, same mechanics if not even better, story isn't bad and since its triology we true ME fans we already knew how this triology would end and now this is the last chapter. mass effect 2 in a short version this was
    more a scounting mission and at end preemptive strike, but now this gets more weight and tension then ever before, its WAR .

game is fluid, animations too, more weapons and costumization too (also weapon mods). story is good but it feels like you're racing against time (obviously its war of survival), fight on earth, mars and everywhere this is great. decisions more then ever effects the outcome on a much bigger scale, no longer they stay with you if you take the worst decisions or act like jackass-selffish human.

multiplayer is great and very fluid and various classes, characters and weapon mods and unlocks and its co-op featurings 6 maps (for now). i reccomend this game and i give 10, sadly majority here gives 1 and 0's but based on something wich isn't the game itself "dlc, EA, origin, no sense" ........
  57. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3
    Average User Score: 4.4
    Mass Effect 3 Image
    If you would like to see my complete review please pay for my DLC. Otherwise it's sad to see a company let corporate greed drive them into the ground be releasing a game with part of it's content cut out for the sole purpose of a cash grab. As well as release a generic game that has gone so far from it's root that it should
    really be called "Generic shooter 3" Expand
  58. Mar 6, 2012
    BAD Game! Truly disappointing. Bioware made 2 fantastic games in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 where you controlled Commander Shepard. Horrible ending as well. I am disgusted.
  59. Mar 6, 2012
    Absolutely terrible game. This game is every fan fic writer's wet dream. Over 20 minutes of a single cutscene, then 5 minutes of gameplay, and then right back to more cutscenes. The game has zero gameplay value whatsoever. Recycled combat system, useless squad based choices, you're basically just a rambo that has to carry about 3 retards throughout the entire game. The reviews of this game from the mass media are just the perfect example of how EA buys out reviewers. The reviews are 95% fluff and buzzwords, 2% actual reviewing, and then the rest is just them trying to make up for the small criticisms they've given it. No really. I saw a review that complained about graphic glitches and problems with having to restart missions entirely for no reason, and then they go, "THE CHARACTERIZATION IS CHILLING THOUGH" as if it had anything to do with what they were saying. This game is a virtual choose your own adventure, where your choices don't actually end the story or change it in any way. Expand
  60. Mar 6, 2012
    I LOVED ME 1's story. The second one was pretty great too. But this game; where you are forced to have gay sex in order to be ''good'', where your actions barely influence the outcome. Plot holes are everywhere. RPG elements dumbed down so much it just looks like a damn third person shooter. Not to mention the Day 1 DLC that was CUT OUT from the game. I can't even fathom why some people actually accept this, you basically produce content that you can release WITH the game (and it's a LIVE PROTHEAN, jeez) but you choose to SELL it as DLC. This is flat out unacceptable. Instead of the usual **** EA spews out every year maybe you guys should try to make a good, full game that I can purchase, and actually feel good about it. I'm gonna sell this game, make the guy I sold it to sell it too just so you guys lose an extra sale. Expand
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    Extremely casualized and loaded with DLC that should have been released with the game. Gameplay is copy paste from the second game. Story is dull and cliche and seems to have more emphasis on romances than anything actually meaningful. As it was with Dragon Age, Bioware ruined another franchise that was off to an amazing start.
  62. Mar 6, 2012
    Exact same garbage as it's always been; nothing's changed. A perfect example of what's terrible about video games over the last few years, it's nothing more than a medium for terrible companies like EA and BioWare to extort stupid people by releasing the exact same piece of trash every once in a while with none of the improvements suggested by their fans. Crap graphics, crap animation, awful storytelling and characters, and don't even get me started on Origin. That **** should be illegal. Expand
  63. Mar 6, 2012
    Gameplay feels worse than before and they pretty much just ignored the previous lore. How they could mess it up so bad is anybody's guess. This game was made by EA for the sole purpose of making money off the Mass Effect name.
  64. Mar 6, 2012
    After playing Mass effect one and two for hours on end I was heartbroken when I lost my save-files, So I decided before this came out too marathon through the first two games. However I later found out that wasn't even necessary as with the dumbed down choices and for the most part Ignoring of past decisions playing the first 2 games was not even necessary at this point. This was a huge let down because ME2 showed us just how important our choices were. as for the game it self Multi-player is decently fun however sacrificing the quality of single player to add it is a extreme let down. Overall If you enjoyed the overall feel of the first two games this will feel like a let down however if you just want a bro-op game wait for it to go on sale and it should give you some hours with a friend. Expand
  65. Mar 6, 2012
    very poor. a real disappointment. mass effect 1 was a great game. bioware have ruined the franchise with this game. a significant portion of the "game" was cut scenes, it was more of an interactive film.
  66. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow. Just wow.
    Bioware, EA, and gaming journalism in general have all reached a new low. It's almost sad, but I want to see where this tragic drama will end.
    I mean seriously, the gameplay is awful and the story is an abomination. I don't get it, i can't believe they could mess up as bad as they have. I hated ME2 back in the day for being too dumbed down, but even that was better than
    this.
    The only way I could get enjoyment out of this game is if I played it with the same mindset as I would Superman 64. And really, I don't know whether I should find this funny or depressing. It's a joke to be sure, but it's what that joke means that's truly sad. This will be the last Bioware product I even pay attention to. And don't get me started on DLC that you need to get the best ending and other such snot.
    This game is awful. Truly, truly awful. And those 'journalists' whose pockets are being lined with EA money even as we speak should be ashamed.
  67. Mar 6, 2012
    This game clearly ended the trilogy in the most special way possible.
    If any game could claim it ended this trilogy in the most special way it would be this.
    I give this a 10/10 because this game ended the trilogy in the most special way possible.
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    I just got the game out of the mail, played it, and was so glad I could finally have some good old Mass Effect fun. I was shocked when the game told me I have to pay 10$ extra to get my Protean squad member and the only happy ending. Also, all of the team members of my gender kept hitting on me! I don't understand why this game tries to advertise homosexuality so much to the player. I will have to address this in church group and tell my friends not to buy this unholy piece of sin. Expand
  69. Mar 8, 2012
    This is not BAD, i vas writed negative review but when i play more then 2 hours is acualy briliant game, dont judge when you just started game ! just finish game and you wil change your mind you wil see
  70. Mar 6, 2012
    It really didn't live up to my expectations, taking the previous 2 games into account. Where as I could enjoy Mass Effect 2, despite it being a step down on the RPG-scale, I still liked it for what it was. Mass Effect 3 is a prime example of having focused more on the elements of a dating sim space, rather than the much more important story and gameplay.
  71. Mar 6, 2012
    Play this videogame then you will understand why it is so bad.

ent as the years pass by, Bioware decided to dismiss it completely in favour of Michael Bay-grade explosions and the like. Mass Effect 3 starts off almost a year after ME2 where Shepard has donnt RPG standards. The plot is unusually boring, the gameplay is surprisingly lacking, the graphics and animations have barely been
    touched since ME2, and worst of all the game's ending is the biggest let down I've wit Expand
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    The plot holes become impossible to ignore. The motivation and origin of the reapers is nearly incoherent. After all of the choices you've made in the series, only the one you make at the very end has real lasting consequences. The game boasts 3 endings, which are really just the same ending with different window dressing. This game has managed to taint the entire series for me. After Dragon Age II and now this, I think Bioware has lost the magic. Expand
  73. Mar 6, 2012
    I am writing this review in protest of Mass Effect 3's day one DLC. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were some of the most memorable games I've ever played, and I very much looked forward to playing Mass Effect 3. After hearing about the day one DLC I rescinded my pre-order. I believe EA Games/Bioware are fleecing their customers with this type of business practice. I believe this is an attempt to capitalize on a series that has loyal followers who will not be able to resist the [spoiler censor] teammate. I consider 60 dollars a hefty price to pay for a PC game, and trying to squeeze another 10 dollars out out the fan base on day one is just atrocious business. I was actually planning on replaying the first two games, buying the well-regarded mass effect 2 DLC, and then playing through the third on day one. It seems like EA/Bioware is trying to whittle down our tolerance for this kind of tomfoolery, DA/ME2 had free content with new purchases, this time around it's story-significant day-one content for extra money, what next? I am drawing this line in the sand for myself, and I hope others join me in earnest. Expand
  74. Mar 6, 2012
    This game has been ruined by EA. The Bioware that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 is gone. Mass Effect 3 has been made to cater to the lowest common denominator. While the first one was a little rough around the edges, the second was perfect. Three however, is too far. In terms of visuals, they are too dark, made to look like the current CoD games. This is an RPG, not an seasonal shooter. Please EA, get your hands out of where they shouldn't be, and let game studios make games for their fans, not for your wallets.â Expand
  75. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely terrible. I used to love the Mass Effect series. They were some of my favorite games. But playing this now, it's like nothing I've done in the previous games mattered. The story makes no sense and disregards anything that happened in the previous games.

Mass Effect is dead, and ME3 is the shovel they used to bury it.
  76. Mar 6, 2012
    Lots of issues come to mind when playing through this. All your previous choices in games don't have the great effect they were hyped up to in previous installments, and boil down to a mere email or extra line of dialogue. The game-play continues to be a dumbed down action shooter experience, with mediocre mechanics at that, a mech and turret section simply do not belong in what was once a great rpg with shooting elements. The customization still pales in comparison to ME1, and features continued to be removed. The textures fall flat on models, while some of the backdrops do make for good eye candy, the god awful animations will distract you too much from them.
    As for the story, which was supposed to be the great draw of mass effect, it is a poor excuse of a conclusion, with numerous retcons and plot holes, and endings ripped straight out of other series and the book of cliches. But hey, they might offer a better ending, if you're willing to pay another 15$ for dlc!
    Even more on the dlc practice is this day 1 dlc and other consumer milking practices. While minor cosmetic and item additions aren't that terrible, the having a prothean squadmate for a dlc pack on day 1 is inexcusable. It was content cut specifically to be sold as DLC, while ea/bioware may say it was created after the main game was completed, that is a flat out marketing lie, as the lines for this character and other assets was seen in many of the previous leaks while still in development.

All in all is shows the continue decline of bioware as they continue to destroy their own franchises.
  77. Mar 6, 2012
    Greedy people demanding 10 bucks for dayone dlc. That is not acceptable. For all paying customers is should have been free. Just like in ME2. Also, the RPG elements are very much cut down, making this game more COD-alike. PC version has worse graphics. Outrageous!
  78. Mar 6, 2012
    This game runs like a fan fiction of a fan fiction. Our only hope is that BioWare releases a DLC to fix our brains after the damage this unfortunate pile of crap did.
  79. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We synthetics are killing organics so organics don't use synthetics to kill organics. This game is half retarded. I'd like to give it points for looking nice but this is just a generic action movie padded with a ludicrous amount of dry romance novels. Expand
  80. Mar 7, 2012
    So first off I would like to state my score is more of a 9.8/10, but since I can't do that, I guess I'll stick with a 10.

So, let me also get out of the way that I am an avid mass effect fan... I've played mass effect 1 and 2 countless times, and love the games to death. They definitely had their flaws, but each had a gripping story and powerful characters. The biggest flaws for me was
    that ME1 had poor shooting mechanics, and ME2 had poor RPG mechanics.

Mass effect 3 fixed both these issues.
    Now, please disregard all the 1 reviews, and many of the 10 reviews. These people are either trolling or have no idea what they are talking about. The game is NOT a 1/10 (which is the equivalent to a game you cannot play due to bugs such as the DS games that comes out for children based around barbie dolls). If anything, the shooting and RPG mechanics are at their finest, demonstrating a true synergy between the two. It's great fun, but you can definitely choose to focus on not shooting as much, or using abilities as much. The options are readily available to you.

For me, the game really does ALMOST everything right. All the characters from the past are back, if you import your character choices do matter. Things get very exciting and there are loads of deaths. The soundtrack is awesome, same with the voice acting.

Now for my two problems with the games (you can assume that everything else other then these points were so irrelevant to me that they fit in to the game well):
    - Auto dialogue: Now I have to say, at the beginning I was really annoyed, and am still kind of SLIGHTLY bummed about it, but when you get 3-5 hours into the game, the choices open up. You don't have as many choices as ME2, but that's because they cut the fat out. No longer do you have 2 choices that are basically the same thing. The illusion of choice has been removed. Maybe that annoys people, but its something you can get over quickly.

-The endings: Now I won't ruin anything, but I just expected a bit more. I was ready to give the game 10/10 (rather then a 9.8/10), but the ending really detached me from the game... It made me stare at the screen for a bit and think... well... is that it? It slightly ruins the entire experience for me, though the journey was with it, my mind is still getting over whether the destination was worth it.

Facts for reference:
    22 Hours
    Adept, Hardcore, Imported from ME1. Overall, I loved the game. If you can get past the fact that you don't have a choice about EVERYTHING shepard says, and are ready for endings that may leave something to be desired, then go ahead and buy the game. Its totally worth it and I loved every minute of it. Score: 9.8/10 (Rounded to a 10 for metacritic)
  81. Mar 6, 2012
    Save your hard earned money, I am a die hard ME fan and this game was unbelievably disappointing. Just know one thing, You Have No Choices in the end. None.
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware should be ashamed of them selves. The game is mostly CS with very little action and to top it off there are very few choices that you make that effect the game.
  83. Mar 6, 2012
    What utter trash this game ended up being. Bioware you have lost a loyal fan, as this game does live up to the standards of current RPG games. It seems that this game was made with the sole intention of making as much money as possible, with content as an after thought.
  84. Mar 6, 2012
    So far this game has hit every mark at least on the PC side. The multi-player is surprising good and I like how they worked it in to the story without making it mandatory. Combat is much better. And the game pays real respect to the first two. About the only thing I really would like to have seen is for Bioware to open this up the modders.

I see all these Zero review scores and I'm
    thinking a Zero? Get real.
    Compared to WHAT?
  85. Nov 13, 2013
    After all the DLC and extended endings, and having picked it up on sale a year or so after release, I'd say I was pleasantly surprised. Not perfect, and the endings are still pretty weak, but the journey was enjoyable, but doesn't come close to the level of the previous games.
  86. Mar 6, 2012
    Unfortunately this game just does not stand out in any way shape or form and it seems to just be a recycled game design. Multiplayer is fun for an hour or two as well then just kind of gets boring as well.
  87. Mar 7, 2012
    I have not played this game, but I have read the user reviews posted over the past day and I am disgusted by them. Having only played the content found on the demo of this game I can comfortably say that it is an expertly crafted gameplay experience and that that alone deserves a 7, at the least, but aforementioned reviews do not care for the quality of gameplay, fantastic story, deeply crafted world or fabulous musical score, no; they only care for the fact that it is not the same game as previous instalments.

Not to mention they wrote reviews within 16 hours of the release of a game easily requiring at least 50+ hours of gameplay.
  88. Mar 6, 2012
    Worst console port ever... horrble controls, stupid story and almost all choices from the previous titles are without consequences. I regret my choice of buying this game.
  89. Mar 6, 2012
    Worst game in Mass Effect 1-3. Why I need to play multiplayer to successfully complete main single-player campaign? Why some characters and pieces of plot are cut from the game that I bought and are selling with additional price? How much we need to pay to get complete game, not piece-by-piece by additional money? Mass Effect is killed by greed.
  90. Mar 6, 2012
    This is game is a sad confirmation how low gaming industry has gotten. When I remember first Mass Effect and its great potential of space exploration, new worlds, exotic aliens, ancient mysteries...It's all gone. Now we have a simple shooter with barely a plot to speak off, used just as an excuse to shoot enemies on the screen. Gone are mysteries of the Galaxy, gone are exotic cultures and aliens. Instead we have romances straight from soap operas and forced gay sex for cheap controversy and looking PC.
    Bye Bioware. I knew you were dying when I saw DA2, but I had still hope. You are truly dead. What remains is comparable to Husks presented in ME3. A twisted caricature of former glory which brought such titles as Baldur's Gate, ME1 and DAO. Now we have a shooter with elements of dating sim.
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    Seriously Bioware? The game by itself doesn't present anything new, innovative or overall - worth your while. It's been made merely for milking down todays completely uncritical masses. If you're dumb - you'll love it and spend cash on it. If you're someone that actually is capable of using your brain - you'll avoid it at all costs for your own good.
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    Hardly any actual gameplay, just cutscene after cutscene after cutscene. For **** sake.
    The cutscenes would have been bearable if they actually were worth the storytelling. But it was just plain awful and cringeworthy to have to sit through. I felt ill irl.
  93. Mar 9, 2012
    Metacritic started to remove User Reviews. Not only gaming magazines and sites are nowadays bought with EA advertising money but also User Review pages delete User Reviews to please the great EA overlord. This is really poor. So I'm gonna repost my review and lower the rating from 2/10 to 0/10 due to the influence EA obviously tries to take on the consumer's opinion: ----------------------------------------------> First things first: NOTHING YOU DO DURING THE ADVENTURE CHANGES THE ENDING!!!!111111 The end videos are static and you do not even get the text boxes Dragon Age had. Even if you spend your money on DLCs it changes nothing. Also no matter who you had a romance with in ME2 its not gonna change anything. If you had a romance with Tali in ME2 don't count on her being nice to you in ME3. ---- This game is really a letdown. --- HAMMERHEAD LEFT OUT AGAIN TO BE PAID DLC!!!!1111 --- HUUUUUGE PLOTHOLES EVERYWHERE!!! Seriously. Whoever that writer guy is should take a serious break and start all over again with trying to make a good plot that makes sense and somehow manages to draw the player into it --- End sequence picture and Tali's face are just random pictures Bioware stole/licensed off the internet (google has them) --- A lot fewer People you have as squadmates to save money for EA --- Less than half the playtime of ME2 to save money for EA --- Really bad graphics when compared to many titles that come out nowadays. Not even any graphics settings on PC. Bad Frame Rates --- Repetitive gameplay from minute one. --- Repetitive enemies --- Bad AI --- Badly designed dialogues and options not telling you what you gonna say. --- Fewer places to visit so it saves a lot of money for EA! You can only buy stuff in the citadel. --- No character special missions so it saves EA a lot of money but less stuff for you to do --- Really bad presentation. Like the Normandy coming in like a WW2 bomber and dropping a bomb? Srsly!? A whole fleet opening fire and it looks more like 80mm mortars hitting something!? --- The endings are just lol. If you think you've seen bad endings try the ones from ME3. Biggest let down for a triology ever --- Bad Voice Acting --- Many bugs --- Uninteresting Characters Collapse Expand
  94. Mar 6, 2012
    loved ME1, and even mildly enjoyed ME2. This game is made for Xbox COD Kiddies. AVOID!. Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down, Let Down
  95. Mar 6, 2012
    personally I have no problem with gays, my problem with this game mainly is writing, its a bad story, with bad dialogue, and overall bad gameplay and graphics
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    I feel cheated. The game reeks of being rushed and incomplete. From the small, tightly bound maps to the unpolished haphazardly placed objects, it seems all the care and attention to detail that made the second game play like a movie (and some would say at the cost of playing like an RPG) have been thrown aside. There's no emotion or connection with the cast and every promise made by bioware over the years of having your decisions *matter* has just been a complete and utter lie as the plot rides roughshod over your own shepard's story to force itself onto you with plotholes the size of the citadel.
    I cannot play another bioware game.
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    EA, those blasted slavedrivers, have successfully raped a once creative and forward-looking studio, and are hoping for people to feast on their miscarried offspring. What's not to hate? And holy flying **** did they buy out ALL the critics?
  98. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just want to say this before I begin: I loved Mass Effect 1 and I loved Mass Effect 2, despite how streamlined it was. Characterization was excellent and I felt like I was accomplishing something everywhere I went. That just doesn't happen in Mass Effect 3.

I'm about 15 hours into the game and I've been really, really trying to enjoy it, but none of the content really feels "right." You're fighting a war to defend the galaxy from total extinction but no one will help you until you clean their noses and make sure the dishes are tucked away nicely. It's ridiculous. Combat has been simplified even further, but instead of enemies dying in a few hits like they did in ME2 which allowed for good flow they are all bullet sponges. Eventually I just gave up on using my guns and punched everyone to death because it was faster and actually did damage.

Animations are absolutely hideous. Running, walking, talking, everything is just freaking awful. When you run your arms flail around ridiculously and everything is stiff. Just go watch Anderson running in the demo to see how bad it is.

Characterization has also taken a big hit. You get bulk mcbigguy who randomly switches between English and Spanish at will, bland Asari, etc. Mordin's voice actor was replaced with someone who lacks the same charm as the original and they even managed to butcher Garrus. That's not even mentioning how bad the dialog is. Here are some examples without spoilers:

Shepard: How are things?
    Person: Bad [specific details].
    Shepard: That bad?
    Person: Yes.
    ----
    Shepard: How are you holding up?
    Person: It's tough, you know?
    Shepard (Paragon): There was this kid back on Earth, I watched him die before your eyes.
    Person: That sucks.
    ----

I am truly disappointed. I didn't believe that Bioware could mess up this badly after Dragon Age 2, I thought they learned their lesson. I was wrong.
  99. Mar 6, 2012
    At time of writing a major feature of this game(the ability to carry over your character from a previous game) does not function. The vast majority will play this game to continue the story with THEIR character making it arguably the most important feature in the game. How this made it through QA or was never tested is beyond rational thought. This is tantamount to selling something you cannot deliver. Expand
  100. Mar 6, 2012
    A proper finale to one of the greatest scifi trilogies of modern times, Mass Effect 3 is incredible. Bioware's incredible story telling propels Mass Effect 3 to greatness. The action is abundant, the environments are as diverse as they are beautiful. Combat is smoother, faster, and incredibly fun. Unfortunately, many players are unfairly rating this game solely on EA/Bioware's decision to release a DLC on launch day (The Prothean squadmate). It's a shame players (and even non-players) decide that a simple DLC warrants rage and hatred for an otherwise unquestionably well-made game. Whatever other people think, I know that I greatly enjoy Mass Effect 3, and will continue to do so for a long time to come. Expand
  101. Mar 6, 2012
    I don't think too much has improved from previous games compared too how much has gotten worse. My save transfer didn't work and a prothean DLC was available as soon as I started, which to be honest annoyed the hell out of me. I'm around 6 hours in and have found it a bit of a grind in a lot of places, the combat seems unrefined and the story in places is complete drab. This is my honest opinion on the matter. Collapse

1. Apr 11, 2012