• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Feb 25, 2003
4.2

1. Feb 27, 2014
    just 4 at start it was unplayable, but now 9 with patch/modes. Good game but on real time battle suxx. I spending many time playing it, in not so good like 2-nd part, but newer.
  2. Mar 31, 2011
    When i bought this game so many years ago, i was suprised that i could barely find anything about the game over the internet, it was like a ghost game, which must have had some credibility since it was no/3 of the series. Nevertheless, i learned how to play the game myself and grew to love the dynamics, the expanse of the galaxy and the general feel of being a dictator in a galaxy. It was the first TBS Space 4x game i ever played, and for me personally - nothing can ever come close. I realised the hatred, frustration and pure denial of this games existence by MoO fans (1 & 2), and after playing those two myself i can see why it was so terrible compared to the originals. But for me, MoO3 has always been a constant. Im just glad i never played the first two before i played the 3rd, otherwise i would have probably sided with the general consensus of this game. Expand

MOO3 collapses under the weight of its own ambitious design. We doubt this can be fixed in a patch. Gamers need not apply. Masochists, you're on your own.
  2. Sure, the gameplay is incredibly deep, but I wanted more emphasis on the military aspects of the game. [Apr 2003, p.95]
  3. If only your enemies displayed the same kind of intelligence, the game might be a lot more interesting - but in fact, the enemy AI in MOO3 is terrible, far worse than in the previous game in the series.