5.1

1. Mar 15, 2013
    I am a big fan of strategy games and geo-political simulations especially (my all-time favorite being Democracy 2). I had spent enough time on GPS2 (Rules of Nations) to know what to expect, so I purchased the game only because I want to support such efforts. So I knew that the interface would be generally poor and that I would have to spend lots of time doing tedious, repetitive tasks. However, I did expect certain infantile mistakes to have been resolved by now. I should have known better.

The annoying issues one encounters in this game are too many to mention. A lot of the time, you'll be wondering what you did wrong, because the feedback you get is abhorrent. Well, if you have the patience to endure, you eventually realize that it's not you, it's the simulation that is all messed up. After endless saves and reloads, I did have the patience to circumvent the things that made no sense and get Greece to a sustainable budget surplus and some decent growth, with low inflation and unemployment. I knew I had to turn off war, in order to enjoy the game, so I had all the time in the world to figure out what makes this game tick. The answer is, that it doesn't. The simulation engine is so deeply faulted, that it's not really worth trying to figure out what they got right and what they got wrong. At the end, you feel that the reason you never get any advice on the actions you are considering, is that even the game creators have no clue as to what is actually going to happen. The simulation engine may decide that the 25Billion Euros you were supposed to get from privatizing the Energy sector will just disappear. Don't buy the game. I will play it again, because I love the genre so much, but only to go to war and have some fun, maybe as a dictator. The reasonable route leads nowhere, so what the heck.
  2. Aug 12, 2013
    Basically the developer (Eversim) want you to hate the game and the company. Why? Because it is really an archaic game. even Europa Universalis 3 that came years ago had better graphics and gameplay. And the price at 50 bucks really get in my nerves. They should pay me for even playing this thing! I strongly advice gamers to stay away from Masters of the World, Geopolitical Simulator 3.
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    The game on the Mac is almost too full of bugs to be acceptable. I'm actually amazed that Eversim was able to put this out and charge $50.00 for it too boot with a straight face. (They are most likely laughing hysterically all the way to the bank.) But seriously, putting a game this flawed on the App Store is nothing short of defrauding wary buyers. And don't expect either Apple or Eversim to refund that wasted money! You'd be better off to simply take a lighter to $50.00 and save yourself the head ache of trying to get this game to work. It is REALLY THAT buggy!

After some ranting at Eversim, the tech support suggested turning the graphics to low, and the sound, etc., to 0. This enabled the game to work. But apparently they cared so little for coding, and are so entirely incompetent at it, that the tutorial itself is bugged... and will LITERALLY give up on you in exasperation because YOU are taking too long! What tutorial does this?!!!

Then, foregoing the tutorial and deciding to just try to figure the mess of menu's out on my own, the game gives an entirely new definition to micromanagement. Apparently the leader has to control everything... the finances, laws, trade, the clumsy war system... EVERYTHING. Why can't, for example, Parliament pass laws for the leader to veto? Why can't the country engage in a war lead by the commander that the president can simply give orders to... leaving up to the player to decide if they want to micromanage things down to the nth level? There are so many things going on and so much to do that it is difficult to either learn the game or understand what is going on, or attend to all the things it pops up at you that it says needs attending to because of this micromanagement.

And that is only if you are able to keep it open long enough without it crashing on you.

On top of all this, Eversim support sent an email saying the game would automatically update itself after I accepted the update upon opening the game. Apparently this is buggy as well as the game doesn't even offer an update (one is apparently available according to their tech support email to boost the Mac version to 5.27). But my game refuses to even acknowledge it and there is no option, either on Eversim's website, or in-game, to manually retrieve the download.

The game is a grand idea that is flawed by Eversim's maniacal menu's, micromanagement, and poor coding. On top of that, it is a means to defraud innocent people of $50.00. For to put a game out that simply cannot be played due to this number of bugs (do a search of the web and see other user feedback... you should QUICKLY discern I'm not the only one saying such things) and you will see what I'm talking about. STAY AWAY. VERY, VERY, FAR AWAY from this game. IT TOTALLY SUCKS.
  4. May 17, 2014
    I really like strategy and deep simulation. I was very excited in concept and bought a game. I own this game for years, but still (after 5 patches) I couldn't play without major bug messing your whole game. I'm not talking about simulation / economy issues. I'm talking about unworking functions, graphic glitches, unchangeable values, unstoppable time acceleration, and some tasty things. My biggest disappointment in my gaming life! A simple opensource Transport Tycoon has better and more stable engine/UI Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Mar 24, 2014
    An ambitious game, too ambitious for its own good. Masters of the World sports an impressive amount of content and options, but also plenty of bugs and a terrible UI.
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    If Eversim had not changed President Medvedev’s portrait with President Putin’s, I bet most people would not have noticed any differences between Geo-Political Simulator 2 and 3. Stability is a good thing, but the series is in a dire need of a radical reform. The developers have a lot of experience now, but, to enter next level, they have to make a new game from scratch.