9.0

1. Mar 23, 2013
    Writing this 10 years after it's release date, my conclusion is that this hasn't aged well. The graphics are a little better than MP1, there's a little physics (ooh!) in the engine and there's a longer slow-motion trick with (wait for it...) a finishing move. On the other hand, I didn't like the story sounds like a bad sequel, full of easy one liners that don't make sense. There's still no real widescreen. (without stretching) Also, I had to see too many a cutscene to get to just the next comic bit lots of "story" and too little game. I didn't like it and I think there are much better games to be had nowadays. Expand

1. About as slick as they come, with a presentation and verve that supercedes cutting-edge. It's a short one, but good things do come in small packages after all.
  2. This series has been one of the most intense and best played games ever. I have never felt the same about a game since Half Life 1. This game sets the standard of what any shooter game should be – it's A+ quality, inside and outside.
  3. The gritty, film noir storytelling, intense bullet time action sequences and painstaking attention to detail in every area make Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne a must-have for every action fan.