Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne PC

9.0

1. Aug 18, 2013
    Max Payne 2 is a great game but it doesn't beat Max Payne 1. The graphics are really good for 2003 considering it had DX9 and there's also ragdoll physics which are a bit clunky but still good, as well as a lot of items and debris which is also physical. Even today the game still looks great. The game is a lot shorter compared to the first game (MP2 is around 7-8 hours) but despite thatMax Payne 2 is a great game but it doesn't beat Max Payne 1. The graphics are really good for 2003 considering it had DX9 and there's also ragdoll physics which are a bit clunky but still good, as well as a lot of items and debris which is also physical. Even today the game still looks great. The game is a lot shorter compared to the first game (MP2 is around 7-8 hours) but despite that the game itself is still enjoyable. Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    yeah its nice game and great controls, visuals, and gaming style but its kinda bad continue for the story line and this girl mona man this game is awesome and all but not bad story line .
  3. Jan 5, 2013
    Max Payne 2 seems to have a lot of potential but I just can't see how it sustains such great reviews. The game is well made but there are specific gameplay elements that don't work in any circumstance. The slow motion evading is great but it never seems useful, the maps don't allow for it to be used beneficially. The shooting isn't that exciting either, blasting through enemies alwaysMax Payne 2 seems to have a lot of potential but I just can't see how it sustains such great reviews. The game is well made but there are specific gameplay elements that don't work in any circumstance. The slow motion evading is great but it never seems useful, the maps don't allow for it to be used beneficially. The shooting isn't that exciting either, blasting through enemies always feels so pointless. It seems like the kind of game that would fair better with a tougher character that can take more hits. It's very short too, I got to the end of the second chapter within three hours and just decided to stop playing out of boredom, I later found out that there was only one more chapter afterwards. Being that this is only a single player game, five hours is appalling. Expand
  4. TaniusL.
    Oct 22, 2003
    This game is badly over-hyped. Gameplay is VERY similar to the previous game. They've added a few graphic flourishes to bullet-time, but things overall feel the same as before. What kills the game, in my opinion, are the excessive, poorly written, cut-scenes. I'm only a couple chapters into the game, but it seems that basically I get to play for 5 mins, then watch some stupid This game is badly over-hyped. Gameplay is VERY similar to the previous game. They've added a few graphic flourishes to bullet-time, but things overall feel the same as before. What kills the game, in my opinion, are the excessive, poorly written, cut-scenes. I'm only a couple chapters into the game, but it seems that basically I get to play for 5 mins, then watch some stupid cut-scene for 3 mins. This is made worse by the fact that each cut-scene is accompanied by load-times going into and out of the scene. Ridiculous load times, considering that most of the scenes are just a few comic-book pages with voice-over. Even worse, the writing is horrid. Max Payne's over-the-top usage of metaphors and imagery is OK at first, but when you're into your 5th or 6th scene, and Max is still babbling like some fool on LSD - it gets tiring. The graphics look good overall, but certainly aren't any match for the upcoming Half Life 2 or Doom 3. One bad thing about the graphics - all characters wear the same, blank, expression. They all kind of look like creepy barbie dolls gone mad. This is especially noticable when watching a cut scene using the game engine. The physics engine is very realistic in the way things fall, drop down the stairs, etc. However, pretty much everything is indesctructible (including cardboard boxes), which isn't so realistic... Anyway, this is overall an OK game, just don't expect something revolutionary. I think most of the scores out there are over-inflated. Expand
  5. DemonicAngel
    Nov 24, 2003
    For starters, if you spend your $30 or whatever on this game, you'll get some of the most impressively realistic-looking graphics in any game currently available. You'll also get about 6 hours of the same gameplay formula which made Max Payne fun at first but which, after the hundredth repetition of the all-too-common "enter room, get shot, die, quickload, repeat" scenario, For starters, if you spend your $30 or whatever on this game, you'll get some of the most impressively realistic-looking graphics in any game currently available. You'll also get about 6 hours of the same gameplay formula which made Max Payne fun at first but which, after the hundredth repetition of the all-too-common "enter room, get shot, die, quickload, repeat" scenario, results in boredom and immense frustration. In addition, you'll get a plot which, while sounding promising, simply does not match up to the original. I rarely felt any kind of chemistry between the lead characters, which is crucial for the love story aspect to succeed, and the remainder of the plot wasn't nearly as compelling as Max's original quest for vengeance. The 6 score is mainly for the graphics, which are awesome. Otherwise, you'd be well advised to spend your money elsewhere. Expand
  6. IzZo
    Nov 29, 2003
    Hmm, have to agree with alex, its definitely similar 2 da 1st max payne, maybe graphically better but still same game overall. i would so luv 2 try playin this game against other playas, but that's jus me, its a good game, but too short, i jus cant enough of the way payne reloads in bullet time, y didnt they put this move in a movie yet?? Mona sax...hmmm*evil thots* n-e-way i reckon Hmm, have to agree with alex, its definitely similar 2 da 1st max payne, maybe graphically better but still same game overall. i would so luv 2 try playin this game against other playas, but that's jus me, its a good game, but too short, i jus cant enough of the way payne reloads in bullet time, y didnt they put this move in a movie yet?? Mona sax...hmmm*evil thots* n-e-way i reckon if u thot da 1st max payne was too short n u want 2 continue playin it, then get this game but if ur lookin for a new game,new stuff, tough luck bob. Expand
  7. TimH.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Cool, but really, really short. Not a whole lot different than the first Max Payne, except for the physics engine and upgraded graphics. Took me about 6-7 hours to beat, and I took my time going through it.
  8. Pete
    Nov 16, 2003
    I just bought the game (Max Payne 2 The fall of Max Payne ), and installed the disk, but a sreen comes up that i need a Directx 9.0 compatible display adapter. It's not my computer & i'm stupid when it come to technical mumbo jumbo, where do i download or where do i buy that at. please help.......
  9. PaulE.
    Nov 16, 2003
    Holy SHORT!!! I beat this game in 2 days!!! The game was a lot of fun and the detail is amazing, but not worth the money at all. It needed to be twice as long.
  10. Jok`RdeMo
    Oct 21, 2003
    Well, as an add-on to Max Payne 1 it would be cool but as stand alone... well it is just the same, and even not so good. It reminds me of second part movies, when thay are made just like the first one just to get some money. I am disappointed :( that was not what I have awaited.

1. About as slick as they come, with a presentation and verve that supercedes cutting-edge. It's a short one, but good things do come in small packages after all.
  2. This series has been one of the most intense and best played games ever. I have never felt the same about a game since Half Life 1. This game sets the standard of what any shooter game should be – it's A+ quality, inside and outside.
  3. The gritty, film noir storytelling, intense bullet time action sequences and painstaking attention to detail in every area make Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne a must-have for every action fan.