7.6

1. Apr 14, 2014
    This game is pretty godamn good. The best thing is that it's like modern games but it stays true to the series. The shooting is solid and also the cover system. The Bullet Time is cooler than ever but the **** annoying video affects shouldn't be in the game even if they wanted to show that Max is in hangover. This game is very good and you should buy it.
  2. Mar 31, 2014
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.
    Now - to get this straight - this game isn't for anybody and especially the first hour is painful because there is pretty much nothing but cutscenes. And this pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the game.

Where's the fun in it?
    The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne
    talking nothing but garbage and how miserable everything is. This all however in a voice that makes it seem like they were being serious.
    While the game's self-awareness might be subtle at first glance it becomes pretty clear the more you progress in the game constantly getting close ups of you being killed, enemies being killed and exponentially raising the body count.

This however is a lot different to the atmosphere of the first 2 installments of Max Payne - but those were different times and afaic it would have felt outdated if they sticked with it.
    Instead we get a satiric approach to the action game genre with the main focus on story telling.

Now to the bad parts:
    Last shot feature often **** up and you hang in there for 15 seconds waiting until you can finally hit continue
    Shooting from cover sometimes **** up
    Quite a few times you get thrown into enemies shooting at you literally half a second after the cutscene is finished and you not being in cover.

Personal Overall score: 93%
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    The best Third Person Shooter i've ever played. It was kinda hard to complete some parts of the game but thse story, graphics and controls are just awesome! I really recommend this game (Even if you haven't played other "Max Payne" games.
  4. Mar 10, 2014
    Loved it, nice action, nice graphics, story is good, it's like a movie, forget about been super realistic, it's more like a novel, loved it. Also as a multilingual person, I loved how Portuguese sounded through the whole game, much like Elite Squad, Spanish was ok, but that gave the game an extra touch of immersion. Very nice game, totally recommending it.
  5. Mar 6, 2014
    This game was broken up a bit too much by cut scenes, but other than that, I thought this game was fun, had a great story, was immersive and had a lot of violence. I feel it should also be noted that this game, while not the most artistically impressive graphics, looks amazing thanks to a very very strong engine. Great physics, bullet wounds, gun mechanics makes this game look great and make you feel like a real badass, especially in slow motion. This game is also challenging, thanks to not having regenerating health. Expand
  6. Feb 7, 2014
    i really enjoyed this game , the development of max payne's character along with the story is well done ,and the gameplay is fun as ever making the best use of bullet time , as we were used to in the previous games , and in my opinion this is the best max payne game for me
  7. Jan 11, 2014
    Max Payne 3 One of the best TPS games i've ever played. His wife and daughter's gone and became a killer contracter in Brazil, San Paulo. He find himself trapped between the vast culture of American - Brazillian. Unable to understand their language and things turning bad on him. Pros: 1. Good story plot and twist. Intense action. 2. Controls that feels smooth. 3. Great performance (on PC) and doesn't feel like a poor console port. Frame rate is generally better than other titles from the same game developer studio (e.g. GTA IV).

Cons:
    1. Playthrough is too short, 5 hours for me on medium difficulty.
    2. Sometimes, cover is too unlimited. Ubsurd spawn of enemies near staircase and areas with cover. Tests a lot on stealth and agility.
    3. Extremely huge file size for a single game, probably due to the large amount of cutscenes (Don't get me wrong, the cutscenes looks amazing).
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    Clearly a good follower of the series.
    Rockstar did a good job with this game.
    Max's voice is present, as well as interior monologue.
    Locations great, furious action, slow motion much better implemented. And last but not least, great optimization.
    Also there are several locations that will delight the nostalgic
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    In my opinion May Payne 3 was the best computer game in this genre. Because the graphics was very good (it was released in 01. Juni 2012) and the game play too. I liked the location in brazil a lot. Rock on!

9/ 10 because you can skip the cut szenes.
  10. Dec 15, 2013
    I didn't bother playing this game on any difficulty under "hard" and it seems like that's the way the game was meant to be played.

The gameplay is very fun. You keep a feeling of mortality the entire time and thus have to carefully plan out your moves or else be forced to replay the scene. Every room is well designed for an action-packed gunfight, even though it really leaves it
    entirely up to you how you will go about it.

As many people have said and been outraged with, the cutscenes can be long, and it takes a bit before you can skip them. I had no problem with this, however, as the story is very good. If you expect to replay the campaign several hundred times or suffer from untreated ADHD, this might bother you. Otherwise it only contributes to the masterpiece.

The graphics are absolutely stunning. Especially for the time of release, but even still. The environments are full of life in the immediate area, and the distant scenery immerses you in the setting. The environments are constantly changing, from a nightclub rooftop, to the Panama Canal, to the dark, snowy streets of Hoboken. The constant changes in scenery keep things very interesting whilst at the same time aiding the plot.

The violence is pretty extreme (a plus, in my opinion) and gives you a view of bullets entering the faces of your enemies as they wince in pain. You can usually tell when you've scored a kill, not only because the reticule changes color but also because of an awesome spurt of blood from the enemy's head/face.

The entire way through, Max also mutters hundreds of cynical and sometimes hilarious comments about whatever is happening. It's easy to become attached to the main characters with all of the depth and detail that Rockstar provided. With the added subtleties and implications in the story, I think this could easily make a great film

It's disappointing to see so many unsatisfied players and bad reviews. This game instantly made its way to my all-time favorites. I would recommend it to anyone.

... But make sure you play it on hard difficulty!
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. Totally one of my favourite games. Story, phisics, music everything is perfect. And, thats it. Multiplayer is pretty awesome too.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    Why do they say: "it's not Max Payne", "it's not the game but the movie", "it's boring"? Just why?
    It IS Max Payne like the previous parts, we have an angry gringo dealing with the whole army of enemies and not dying after infinite shots on him. We have our favourite PayneKillers, our Favourite Bullet Time, our favourite dismal hero who likes to comment his every step. And it is great,
    don't you think?
    Yes, it IS like a movie. And what about two previous parts? Especially MP2 was similar to a good film every time I played it. So now instead graphic novels we have cinematographic cut scenes which make all the game being like a movie and this movie is much more interesting than plenty of real movies. And it is interactive. It is just an evolution of previous parts, and it is well done. What's wrong with it? If you want just to shoot, go play Counter-Strike. Besides, I can play and replay MP and MP2 without any attention to the story: I can just skip novels and go on killing bastards. Here I at least know what was all this about.
    And now, if we're speaking about the story... Is it really boring? Or maybe previous plots were so amazing that if they are made as books their author will definitely win the Nobel Prize for them? No. If you think MP3 has the dull scenario just give up your grumbling and make a descent one.
    Oh, the gameplay, of course. Don't you think it is greatly improved? We have much more realistic weapons (and more of them, at last). An interesting and useful "last chance" mode. Max even started to use covers (awesome improvement) and enemies even have slim rudiments of AI. Add here a well done multi-player with many game types. Is it really so bad as you speak about it?..
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar really did his job with this...the game is just like the precedent titles I mean awesome...An wonderful gameplay and story.The graphics are cool and the title comes with a lot of new stuff and improvements and with the first max payne multiplayer.
  14. Oct 28, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is my game of the decade. i don't remember last time when i screamed like a kid while shooting goons in mid air with pistol in one hand and fully automatic in another,bullets zipping past by me in slow motion,seeing the air around you slowly woven with spiraling bullets, fractured glass, and plumes of shredded paper. massively fun, inhuman violent. ragged bullet wounds, charred flesh, dismembered limbs. sweet sweet blood. lots of it. Expand
  15. Oct 27, 2013
    I don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm very excited for the next game. Expand
  16. Sep 27, 2013
    max payne 3 is one of the best third person shooters i ever played. it has a great campaign and also a good multiplayer. the games graphics are amazing and textures look really good. the games story is really good!! its interesting and deep. the storytelling and writing are amazing and the writing is maybe the best ive seen! the music is also great and setts the mood. the gameplay is really good and guns feel great. the mission that take place in the past are also good. the animatins for max, like how he holds the guns are really good and convincing. the game does have a lot of long cutscenes, which may annoy some people, but personally i really liked them and it gave the game a cinematic feel. bulletime is also really fun and makes this game distinct. bulletime also never gets old and jumpig and shooting in slow-mo is really cool. the games multiplayer is also pretty good. while it doesnt innovate in a lot of ways, its still pretty good. the game has a lot of maps, guns and avatar customization. using slow mo in multiplayer is also really awesome and cool!!!
    overall this is a great game if your looking for a third person shooter!! buy it
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    Beats out all the other previous Max Paynes. The games great for the PC. Its beautifully optimised. Graphics are very detail and great. The gameplay is superb.
  18. Sep 11, 2013
    Best TPS ever. Best optimised for PC ever. Very great multiplayer. Excellent graphics. And the best continuation of Max Payne as much as possible. Well done Rockstar!
  19. Sep 1, 2013
    Before I played it I was a bit worried since it isn't made by Remedy, but having played it I'm not disappointed. It's even more like the previous ones than I had hoped. The story is just as dark. I can't think of a major negative thing about it. Sure there are some small ones like the loading that sometimes can't be skipped and some part being unnecessary hard, but all in all it's a masterpiece.
  20. Aug 21, 2013
    This is one of the 25 best games I've ever played. The best action I've ever seen in a third person shooter. The story is great, Max Payne is probably the best video game character ever. The score makes everything more badass and epic. And the multiplayer gets you take part of some gang action.
    If you liked the other Max Payne games, or any other Rockstar game, you'll love this!!
  21. Aug 16, 2013
    The game was great. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at (gasp) the cut-scenes. I will say I wan't pleased I couldn't skip the first one, since I wanted to setup my graphics settings. But all the rest are skippable by pressing A.

The cover is not supposed to be a core part of the game, you should be using bullet-time as that is the core mechanic of the Max Payne series.

The story is
    good, very "Die Hard' and the action is quick and responsive. I did play with a controller so I cannot vet the PC controls but really they were always designed to use a gamepad anyway.

Overall its a very fun ride and I enjoyed being in the Max Payne universe again.
  22. Jul 26, 2013
    Good game, Great story true to the heritage. I enjoyed playing it, the shooting was classic, graphics great, story very interesting glimpse into the social strata of brazil and its criminal underbelly. It uses what made the original great and adds a depth to the character that shakes off the bad comic book feel of the first 2.
  23. Jul 21, 2013
    One of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according to some, constitute the majority of game time, which isn't true, but anyway, next time Rockstar will have learned it's better to leave a black loading screen instead.
    But if you are not a part of that group of people them I highly recommend this game. The game's a very, very challenging shooter, that requires you to really be accurate in your decisions and with your aiming. You can't rush in, you got to use cover very well and the "bullet time" needs to be wisely utilized. The game has a nice story with some interesting characters and although the gameplay in itself is repetitive, the situations Max Payne has to go through always present a new challenge. He has to face snipers, has to deal with new, has to deal with some armored thugs that seem to be invulnerable and keep getting hit with seemingly no effect, there are parts where Max will be inside a boat or inside a helicopter and will have to be deadly accurate to shoot missiles and granades being thrown at his vehicle.
    There is a really large variety of settings where the game takes place. There is a nightclub, an airport, inside a favela which is an amazing part of the game to me, rich in detail and very accurate to the real thing although always a bit secluded, there are no true open areas. Rockstar really did something different from it's usual here, but the previous Max Payne games were also like that, it's not a game where you'll explore the scenery, it's a straight-forward shooter.
    The voice acting for Max Payne is as great as ever, but I'd say this time it's even better. Max Payne has many, many memorable quotes. The games soundtrack is a great one as well, there are some songs that will stick to your mind, besides the theme song ever present in the Max Payne franchise.
    I really like mature-themed games and games with a realistic presentation, although Max Payne is far from being realistic, it's main character and story is believable, if you care to include the amount of foes a single man can kill by himself as only a gameplay tool to make it a game and not a movie with a few shooting scenes.
    The fact that the game of The Walking Dead got such a great approval from the public and the way some of the recent games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 have been produced, as far as voice acting, story, theme and challenge, I'm very optimistic about the video games actually maturing, going away from the strictly nerdy audience and become recognized as a type of entertainment as respected as movies are, that they aren't something that only people with no life do, showing some qualities that will be recognized and appealing to a lot of people, of all ages.
  24. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game with a good plot and fun action. You get to play an "a far bald American hero" with a drinking addiction who is capable of taking out an entire army single-handed. Of course the game is not realistic but it's really-really fun to play. Note that they added some interesting mechanics: when you are about to die, if you have a spare "pain killer" you get an attempt to shoot your killer in bullet time. If you do, you get waste the pain killer for "another life" and continue fighting.

Oh, and it has optimized DX11 graphics, althought my GPU did overheat at first (solved by using MSI afterburner to set fans on max and reducing GPU core frequency, but thats my GPU's problem). Got the game on steam, beat the game on hard in 3-4 days, had a very good time, I recommend you do the same.

I've read some negative reviews, i would like to respond to a few of them.

- Long loading times?
    + Buy a new pc and throw your wooden garbage out. I have a core i7 2600k with a single sata HDD and GTX 570 gpu. This is clearly not a new or high-end computer. Load times take no more than 5 seconds.

- Cut-scenes can't be skipped?
    +Yes they can. There is an indicator telling you which button to press. But the cutscenes are good and an integral part of the game, so why skip them in the first place?

- Bullet time makes the game too easy?
    + Play it on hard or don't use bullet time.

- Nearly impossible to aim.
    + Actually too easy. Except when you are using laser sight (for some reason be it bug or feature it gives you extra recoil). Try playing counter-strike.
  25. Jun 21, 2013
    This Max Payne series is one of the best series and this Game is only epic.
    This has very good Graphics, awesome Gameplay and one of the best stories ever.
    The brazilian settings are perfect.
    But the Multiplayer has much hackers and this is sh*t.
    But the Arcade Mode is a good idea and good implemented.
  26. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    The last chapter of one of the most epic trilogies in the entire history of videogames and a huge comeback. I have nothing more to say but a huge THANK YOU to Rockstar Games for this game, a truly perfect ending for the Max Payne story arc.
    Also, intriguing scenarios and beards.
  27. May 21, 2013
    one of the best games ive played. took a while getting used to but once i did i couldn't stop. love max payne the character, intense missions, great storyline
  28. May 12, 2013
    Max payne 3 is a great game. It's part shooter, part interactive movie.. mostly the latter. And I paid less for it ($12, steam sale) than a real movie ticket would have cost. The graphics are superb. I absolutely don't agree with the negative reviews of this game. I'm a diehard PC games fan, and I was actually almost not going to buy this game because of the negative reviews. But I'm glad I did. Fight scenes are pretty realistic, and weapon handling and mechanics are realistic and good too (you can only carry 2 handguns and 1 big gun). Story is pretty good, but I didn't follow some stuff (i'm retarded like that). The only problem is that the game weighs in at 30 GB which is massive (it obliterated my download quota).

I don't really care about multiplayer, but the single player rocks! I also didn't mind the trippy visuals, like some people did.

I think PC game fans are being very ungrateful. Even if this is a console port (I absolutely detest consoles and consoletards), they've done a superb job of it and it is eminently playable on PC.
  29. May 2, 2013
    With its mature story and intense shooting, Max Payne makes for one of the best single player experiences from this generation, with up to 10 hours of visual entertainment, accompanied by clever storytelling and one of the best voice acting in gaming history. The multiplayer is also one of Rockstar's finest, offering a nice array of customizable options with pretty standard gamemodes, but the bursts and bullettime work so well that, after a few matches of getting used to, you will enjoy every stylish and simply awesome kill you'll pull off online. Expand
  30. Apr 29, 2013
    Not sure where all the bad reviews come from, maybe people expected something different. The plot is decent the mechanics are good, body physics is great. I bought it due to 3d vision support and it was great experience, really enjoyed the 'shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene". there is absolutely nothing wrong with it for me, although I'm not oging to replay it for every achievement possible. Expand
  31. Apr 27, 2013
    It's a Rockstar game, did you expect any less than a 10/10? Graphics are amazing for current gen 10/10 Storytelling is gripping and thrilling 10/10 Gameplay is smooth and addictive 10/10 Hidden items and bonuses are a breeze to find and have a satisfying reward10/10 The multiplayer brings more action and addictiveness and has a ton of replayability 10/10 This is a fantastic gritty, and brutal sequel to the original max payne double of the 2000's

and the Multiplayer isn't half bad either, it's satisfying enough to keep us playing for longer and longer.

This is a must play for Max Payne fans and shooter fans everywhere!
  32. Apr 26, 2013
    10/10 best game I've ever played --cutscenes are worth watching, gameplay is consistently impressive and the graphics are near perfect for a game which runs at high frame rates with low processing requirements.
  33. Apr 17, 2013
    great game!! i'm italian and when the enemies speak portoguese, me and max seem the same man!! thanks Rockstar!!
    After i finished this game, my next destination is Brasil!
  34. Apr 16, 2013
    Beautiful story, great shooting mechanics, amazing visuals, good soundtrack, on the other hand cover mechanics could be simplified, could introduce some vehicles... All in all, the single player is equally as awesome as multiplayer, really excited to see the crews transiting into GTA V and other titles. Perfect shooter.
  35. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon further playing I have come to realise this game is actually fantastic. Think about it Max was done in New Jersey and this was portrayed brilliantly in the flashback section of the game. All the nods to the previous games are a nice touch especially the piano playing. It leaves a few important things unanswered but it is somehow ok. Expand
  36. Mar 23, 2013
    This is quite simply one of the slickest, smoothest and most satisfying games I have ever played. It looks incredible and the artwork theme is incredible, giving the game such a unique feel. The cutscenes and menus are slick and the game moves flowingly throughout. It's lack of bugs and glitches only add to it's seamless atmosphere. The in-game mechanics are well-balanced giving the bullet-time and movement a satisfying substance whilst remaining tasteful. The story is deep and immersive, Max Payne's character is rich and goes against the grain of Hollywood's heroes. It's so rare to have a game that feels and plays like a well-made film but this is the perfect way to describe Max Payne 3. Playing this game is like watching Pulp Fiction for the first time, you simply won't forget it and you'll want to watch it again. Max Payne 3 gives what every gamer lusts for, an actual experience built on detail, story and fantastic gameplay. Buy the out of it. Expand
  37. JEK
    Mar 18, 2013
    I can see there are lots of negative comments. Are you kidding me? Some commented that they don't like the name of football team, the game is serious. Lol. This is a great game. The story is awesome. Pyscho- Thriller action packed game. What more can you ask for. Nice Job Rockstar!
  38. Mar 16, 2013
    Great game.compelling story and smooth control.A fan of the series.second only to the first.This is ranked one of the best shooters.As the story gets deeper it brings you in part by part doing a good job in staying fresh and not being repetitive
  39. Mar 14, 2013
    Max Payne 3 made a great comeback for the franchise and Max Payne comes back as hard as ever. One thing you will notice straight away is the superb graphic and the extreme details in the graphic. Max Payne 3 have of the BEST graphic I’ve seen with a TPS game. Max Payne 3 is a very cinematic game. And all the loading screens are replaced by cutscenes so you wouldn't be bored staring at a boring loading screen screen. The story is catchy and the single player campaign is tense and fun. Max Payne 3 also have one of the BEST dual wield mechanic and shooting mechanic for a TPS game. The AIs in MP3 are also one of the most realistic AIs I've seen in a game. The AIs are capable of gettin headshot of the player especially the elite soldier/cops. The AIs with shotguns can also get a one shot-kill of the player if the player gets too close. And don't forget the funs and grippy multiplayer complete with the bullet time mechanic and shoot dodge mechanic.There are the usual game modes such as death match team death match but one of the main game mode is the gang war which is a combination of different game modes including grabbing the bag, capturing the turf, one team tries to defend a turf while the other tries to capture the turf and when the turf is captured the capture team will move on to capture the next turf etc. There are also many different interesting and fun game modes in the gang war mode. This game mode really supports teamwork. Overall the Max Payne 3 is SUPERB game. The single player have a grippy and fun campaign. And the multiplayer is tense and very interesting. Max Payne 3 is a game shooter fans should NOT miss!!! Expand
  40. Mar 13, 2013
    This is the first game, that I have ever given a 10 out of 10. For this genre, it's the absolute best you could get. It's a masterpiece! The story is great, you feel like you really know Max Payne as a person and can feel how depressed he is, he isn't just a stupid lifeless video game character. The game play is even better than the previous two, as it capitalized and expanded on all of the features introduced in the original games. You really can't ask for any more in this genre. Now I don't have a single problem with the game, however I do have a problem with many reviews on this site, discouraging people from buying the game, as it almost did for me. For example, on steam forums, multiple posts have said something like this "Was psyched about buying the game until I saw the reviews". As there were probably many more that didn't post on the forums. I think that Metacritic should really think about taking some of those bullsh*t forums off that are affecting the rating, and discouraging customers from buying. Secondly, the most common "fault" in this game (according to the negative reviews on this site) mainly consist jibber-jabber about the length and inability to skip cut scenes. Now I don't know if you guys just are posting bullsh*t reviews for fun, or if there actually was an update recently, because I swear, that in the bottom right side of the screen during every cut scene there is a button saying "press enter to skip". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's almost 200 reviews of 0's and 1's that are dragging this truly incredible game's user score down to a 7.4/10. It really is an exaggeration when someone says "shoot, cut scene, shoot." I mean, people MUST be just posting stupid reviews for fun. Furthermore on the cut scenes, the cut scenes are what separate this game from the average third person shooter, IT GIVES IT A STORY, I mean it's not like they are boring, well unless your not a fan of the action movie genre. So seriously, skip them if you want, the rest of us will watch and enjoy, and if you REALLY HATE games with a story, then please, do us a favor, and go back to call of duty, or one of those other midless shooters. Overall, the reviewers of this game really need to cut the crap, and open their eyes to the button in the corner of the screen that allows you to skip cut scenes. Keep it up, Rockstar, you continue to make games that impress, and wow the action game genre of video game players. Expand
  41. Mar 8, 2013
    I select easy ok EASY. For me when a put a game in easy, is because I want to finish it but not with Max Payne 3 For Roch Stars easy equal hard. Impossible to finish this game unless a good gamer can be but I'm a casual. Yet another waste of money for me.
  42. Mar 7, 2013
    I liked every single aspect of the game except the cover system....it is very lame...u h to be very precise bfor coming out or sum1 wil shoot u... the gameplay is totally awesome bt the cover system is the only reason i hv given it a 9...
  43. Mar 5, 2013
    Fantastic, My favorite video game ever, great graphics and visual effects, a game-play that doesn't get boring or less amusing even after multiple game plays, and Max is the deepest, most depressing, most-living video game character I've ever played with.
  44. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a awesome Singleplayer experience. The Multiplayer is almost unplayable, because many server problems and a lot of settings, including the firewall.
  45. Feb 17, 2013
    Best of 2012! A work of art. Exquisite!
    Nothing to complain. They did everything right!
    Excellent visuals, outstanding playability, luxury atmosphere, compelling story.
    The work and dedication have its fruit and is called: Max Payne 3
    Thanks "Rockstar" by this superlative game!
  46. Feb 11, 2013
    The gameplay is good, but the camera confuses you sometime. The best part of the game is the story. The narrative in the game does not let the story vague. The voice of the Max demonstrates his loneliness.
  47. Jan 26, 2013
    I love this game. Although the gameplay is a some what repetitive, the story is amazing and the graphics beautiful. Bullet Time is better than ever and you will need it to stay alive, because this game is hard. The only thing that's wrong about the story is that almost everyone dies, but the rest of the story is perfect. I also think that this game has one of the most underrated multiplayer modes of all time, it's extremely deep and fun. Too bad almost no one plays it. If you like crime movies, good stories, slow motion and just a well made game, pick this one up. Expand
  48. Jan 25, 2013
    After I played both prequels, I was worried they could have changed the meaning of payne like others did because the understanding of video games changed in the past few years. But, after all, I am very excited about what was produced by Rockstar and how they could connect the game to its prequels. The athmosphere is awesome. Seldom felt like being that in a game instead of sitting infront of a monitor and just playing. Music fits great to the surrounding and the story is one of that good old scool action hero movie style tales. I guess all most negative comments are written from guys who played the payne to relaxe or next to 2 or 3 other games. To get the best out of that game you have to treat it like a good book. Just enjoy it once in a while in the afternoon and play it chapter for chapter. Great stuff! Expand
  49. Jan 20, 2013
    There is only two words I can use to describe this game are "masterpiece" and "epic". You're literally playing a movie with a great story. The mechanics are easy, approachable, and fluid. Was ported very well also.
  50. Jan 18, 2013
    Man, I really can't believe some people are rating this game low because you can't skip cutscenes, wow. Max Payne 3 is one of, if not THE best third person shooter of all time (single-player), if you disgaree you're not a gamer, that is a fact.
  51. Jan 9, 2013
    Best game of 2012 for me, the pc ports really rocks: dx11 support, really smooth even on my old machine and full support also for 3dvision, great job Rockstar, more of this!!
    The game contains a lot of cut scenes very well done and much better than most of the movies i've seen recently, the action is frenetic and it can be also very tough on hard difficulty setting.
    Multiplayer also is
    very good, i'm playing with some friends and having a lot of fun, there are levels to advance like most of the recent fps shooters. Expand
  52. Jan 5, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is a game featuring natural and entertaining shooting mechanics, however this is not where the game shines its brightest. It contains some of the best writing I have seen in a video game. It immerses you in a story with a memorable setting and with deep and complex themes that will keep you thinking. The game plays out in a book form, with Max Payne narrating. This is something that must be understood before someone plays the game. If they expect a typical game with constant action, they will be bored quickly. There are a lot of cut scenes. To many this is an issue, but I felt the cut scenes played an important part in making the game a story-like experience. Apart from the writing, technically this game is a masterpiece. The animations for the characters make the shooting satisfying and add to the immersion of the game. If you are prepared for a very linear but perfectly crafted experience, than May Payne is perfect for you. Expand
  53. Jan 3, 2013
    I loved this game. How can you not love a depressed drunk who can't help but stick to his word running around shooting the **** out of everyone? This game does a real good job of making you feel like a total badass. Realism is completely brushed aside for the sake of kicking ass. Accuracy for example, Max Payne can hit someone on the far side of a sky scraper roof with an uzi while hanging from a helicopter by his ****ing legs. Now that's man mode. I didn't even try the multiplayer so I don't know about that but the campaign was fun as hell. Best game of the year IMO. Expand
  54. Dec 30, 2012
    What can I say aside from rockstar created a master piece.. The cut scenes are awesome, story is kind of cool but I don't exactly like how max (the main character) goes out and continues to drink nearly every night but I guess its for the fun.. Well rockstar, you created a great game, i believe it was worth my $60 thank you
  55. Dec 26, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is undoubtedly an excellent game, the gameplay is very well maintained, full of details and nuances that make it quite striking (Whatever is the bullet time and animations during firefights make the experience quite unique and very entertaining) . The story, narrated by Max (The voices are very, very good), is very well developed, using a lot of cutscenes with a "comic" filter (A reference to the other Max Payne). That this for many was a major snag as there are many scenes where want to do something on their own but the game does a cutscene, which makes it very casual parties, since it seems more a movie than a game, not even the majority can be skipped. In paragraph audiovisual technology and Rockstar did a great job, works very fluid, uses advanced DirectX 11 effects, and the soundtrack and the sounds of the weapons are manicured. The multiplayer, pretty simple, serves to fill, not addicting and matchmaking is pretty bad, sometimes entertaining, but the campaign is enough (about 15 hours). Definitely a game is recommended for those who want a simple game linear and explosive style of Hollywood movies. Expand
  56. Dec 25, 2012
    Great game,as good as the first one.I've seen Max Payne evolve over the years and it never let me down.
    The multiplayer is extremely good,I've had a lot of fun.The DLCs are cheap and often useful.The SP was also great,the flashback part brought back some memories and even if you never played Max Payne before you'd still understand what this game is all about.
  57. Dec 24, 2012
    Лучшая игра 2012 года,достойное продолжение легендарной серии.
  58. Dec 8, 2012
    This game is an ATOMIC BOMB! The cinematics are phenomenal, the action breathtaking and the game-play extremely fun. I LOVE IT! I just wish the DLCs would add more to the single player experience. Right now, they're all augmenting the multiplayer experience only.
  59. Dec 7, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great game but its not for everyone. I loved the game, the action is great but the game feels like one long action movie where you play the shooting scenes and I can see some people having a problem with this. Once again rockstar succeeds with the story from Max Payne 3 even though it is not as dark as the previous two titles. Max Payne is also a beautiful game, this helps when watching the cutscenes (unskippable). Personally I loved Max Payne 3 and fans of the series should play it the gameplay is much the same with a new cover feature, so it you like slow motion action look no further. Expand
  60. Dec 5, 2012
    awsome game this is the first one i played in the series of max payne and it is awsome a very mature story the bullet time mode is very helping in the game.now the multiplayer i think that max payne 3 multiplayer is not that enjoy but its great i will steal give it a 10/10 because i play in most of the games single player accept call of duty frenchise
  61. Dec 1, 2012
    If you're like me, 40s with kids and not that much time to game, you'll want a great single-player, movie-like experience with lots of soul and grit. Max Payne 3 will give you that, a great 10 hour experience or so before it's back to your normal, boring non-uzi wielding day-job. Terrific gunplay, great gameplay, cool story, I enjoyed this one lots.
  62. Nov 25, 2012
    Let me say first that I've never played any Max Payne games before, but I still got the story. The game does an excellent job to convey how broken Max Payne as a character really is. You don't see many protagonists that are drowning in demise and it is an interesting break from the **** testosterone-filled protagonists of other games. You really do feel for the main character and even though I don't know how he lost his kid and wife, I still felt sorrow when he visited their graves. The game does an excellent job weaving it's narrative smoothly with the game play sections by having the player hear Max's thoughts every now and then. All the supporting characters are also well done. They are believable and voice acting is top notch. The game play is is also pretty fun. Bullet Time is great. I love how action packed each encounter is and how satisfying it is to clear a room of baddies with the last kill cam being a slow motion close up of your bullet lodging itself deep into the enemy's skull. The game doesn't shy away from violence as it shows the gritty world Max lives in. The settings of this game is also something worth mentioning. From the favelas of Sao Paolo, Brazil to the gritty and dark concrete of New York City, the game does surprise me at every turn. I see some people here commenting on how cut scenes are prevalent, and they are, but it does wonders for this game. Cut scenes are used to dramatic effect and it really does add to this game. This is definitely one of the best games I've played all year. Expand
  63. Nov 14, 2012
    This is an awesome game none stop action, story is great, game time not too bad all in all a great Max Payne game for the franchise. I give it a 9.5
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow, kudos to Rockstar. Seriously, It's like you had Croteam advise you on how to resurrect a franchise. I was a big fan of the original Max Payne's nail biting, "did I use too many painkillers?", get the first shot game play, and that is exactly what Rockstar gave me. This game is well optimized for the PC, and looks and feels great. I cracked into the old MPs like a week or two before this came out, and the game play transition from playing old to new felt natural, which is a great sign. This game might have garnered a perfect score from me were it not for minor things, like inability to control the flow of cut scenes, some excessive load times and the sometimes frustrating nature of Rockstar social club's utility. These can all be corrected with a single patch, however, that I have seen. Those people giving this game a 0 solely based on the cut scene annoyance really need to stop and separate their anger from reality before they review something. Sure, it's a glaring flaw, but it's not game-breaking. Game play is solid, story is still total Max Payne, graphics and features are tight, added multi-player is a blast....where are these scads of 3PS's that in their eyes were done better? That is in fact Rhetoric.....because they don't exist. We could use a patch or two, but still, great job Rockstar, and I highly recommend this game to any old fan of Max Payne, or anybody who really likes a challenging third person shooter. (It's also one of the harder shooters to come out lately) MAX PAYNE IS BACK!! Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2012
    This game is awesome, the gameplay and character movement are really good, the health don't automatically rises like most recent games, the graphics on pc are amazing and very good optimized unlike GTA IV. I dont understand that people complaining and giving zero think are just haters...
  66. Nov 6, 2012
    Excellent attention to detail (I was really impressed), great plot, amazing gameplay and the perfect dificulty. Also, it's long enough and the replay value is significant. The only problems are the long loading times and the unskippable cutscenes in subsequent playthroughs. Most of the game might take place during the day, but it still feels like Max Payne.
  67. Oct 14, 2012
    Una buena historia, aunque sale totalmente de lo que fue el Max Payne 1 y 2, muy buenos graficos, y muy bien optimizado para pc,
    Sonido:9
    Graficos:10
    Jugabilidad:9
    Historia:9
    Contenido:7
    Disfrute mucho pasando el juego, me parece uno de los mejores del 2012.
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    I love how I looked at the PS3 reviews and the "most helpful" ones were positive and then on PC they are mostly negative. I love PC gaming, but the community is a bunch of crying **** to be honest. No game is perfect you guys take one flaw and give the game a zero. Have you ever heard of an objective review? Get off your high horse and make your own game if you think you know so much about gaming.
  69. Oct 2, 2012
    Great game, loved every second of it all must get this brilliant game, it is so much fun just get it it is awesome get it now omg its so good i love it i am gonna go play it now bye!! :)
  70. Sep 23, 2012
    fantastic graphics, awesome action, a great story...one of the greatest game i've ever played....though it has some problems on pc version, it gave me a great time ....so 10/10 from me....
  71. Sep 7, 2012
    All I can say is I'm loving this game. Keep in mind reviews are a matter of opinion. My opinion is that this game is worth your money and you should buy it. For people that don't like cut scenes, don't buy this game. I for one hate them (usually) but Max Payne 3 has managed to keep my attention through every one. Truth be told when this game was first announced and screenshots were coming out I was really turned off. Playing both Max 1 and 2, then seeing pretty colors and warm weather instead of the dreary cold city streets I was even more so dreading what they were doing with the game. Well, I should have held my horses because it is all explained why Max is where he is. Not to mention it goes deep into detail Max's mental state and why he has the drastic change in attire and physical appearance. Action scenes are fun and challenging. I prefer to play on a harder setting and then go through the game on easy and **** **** up! As far as the multiplayer goes I can't really comment. I've played just a pinch of it but I can say I like that too. Mechanics are pretty darn similar to the single player as far as smoothness and re spawning is painless. I love that a lot. Well, that is my opinion. Cheers, folks!! Expand
  72. Sep 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Max Payne III amazes because of its vivid game design. The missions are diversified, you even return to New York. The south American destinations are beautifully made with a lot of details. Gameplay could not be even better, controlling Max Payne through 14 stages is as fluent as you want it to be. The kill cam is extremely brutal and aesthetic at once. The cut-scenes are not too long! The characters will remind you of Rockstars GTA: funny, desperate and ironic!

I can only negatively criticize the game by its rather short plot. I would have loved to play on and see more of the developers ideas being realized. So far I will have to wait for Part 4. Until then I will give myself a try to complete it again on hard mode.
  73. M13
    Aug 29, 2012
    Game is fantastic. Great story. Best graphics I've seen in a shooter.....or probably any game. If you like story based linear shooters.....then this is the best one in existence right now.
  74. Aug 24, 2012
    Wow, i'm completely thrown off by so many negative scores on the game.
    I really don't want to focus too much into all this negative criticism but I have to say that I understand now why games like call of duty which is pretty much a copy paste year after year has become one of the most succesful, best selling games but this same gamers are the ones that give Max Payne 3 a very low score
    but eat the **** that EA defecates every god forsaken year.
    Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
    I have played all of the Max Payne games and I have to say that this is the best of the franchise.
    The story is compelling, interesting, the one liners are sometimes cheesy but work well with the character. Max can be a bad ass at times and others a bit pathetic, and that makes it feel totally human.
    There has been complaining about not being able to skip cutscenes, apparently the game loads the map while playing the cutscenes, so you dont see a friggin "Loading game" screen ever. I rather see the story than a black screen, thank you very much Rockstar.
    Talking about Rockstar there is one thing that really muddles the narrative, the constant flash of the screen, and the highlight of certain words that the characters are saying, I have a hard time trying to describe this. I mean it's fine for a while but after 10 hours of gameplay, it gets old and by the time you get to the end, you hate it.
    The graphics aren't ground breaking but look well enough, I was amazed about the amount of details put on the scenery, specially when playing through the favelas, evidently they put a lot of work into making them look realistic. I played in a 40 inch screen at 1920x1080 and game looks very nice and plays smoothly and I dont have a high end video card.
    The controls are responsive most of the times, cover works fine, despite what some people might say, although there is one flaw, going from cover to cover sucks big time.
    One thing I dont understand is the laser beam on the weapons. it just doesn't work well, its more an annoyance than anything else. I dont get why should we have it when i'm playing in third person and I have a **** dot on the middle of the screen. the dot beats any laser that the guns may have, that is just silly.
    The game mechanics are true to the series, they added some little tweaks here and there like the infamous last stand, it is all good to me in this matter.
    The difficulty of the game might be frustrating to some people, if you dont like to die, well you won't be happy because you die a lot, you can't just ram the whole game through your enemies, there are times where you have to think how to approach them. In hard difficulty the games offers a challenge unlike other games. I think games are too easy nowadays.
    In conclusion, the game is solid fun, the story is interesting, Max Payne is an interesting character and the narrative i'ts well done, it's action packed, lots of guns and little secrets and rewards to collect throughout the levels. So there is plenty of contect.
    The game took me about 15 to 20 hours, playing in hard.
    I highly recommend this game, you can get a digital copy online (google it) for as low as 20 bucks.
    peace out!
  75. Aug 22, 2012
    Just great, I love it. The graphics, the gameplay, the story! If anyone is bothered by the price: Wait and buy it later, like I did. Bought this new game on the Steam summer sale for
  76. Aug 21, 2012
    This is one of those games that pays great attention to storytelling and game technology. I love how Max moves, the animations are top notch, and the game puts heavy emphasis on realistic combat, which puts great difficulty in, but I love it, especially when performing a shootdodge and taking out all the enemies in bullet time, which is very satisfying. I love how it runs on my PC (Core i3 2100, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 430) on high settings. The story could use some work though. They REALLY should bring back Sami Jarvi on the next iteration of this series, because I want to feel the more noir feel like the first 2 games, unlike the writing put in by Rockstar, which feels like GTA-ish. But I applaud their efforts, and I feel that the game benefited from a huge amount of development time, even though the engine is familiar ( can't help the feeling, because I loved playing Red Dead Redemption too.). Though I don't play multiplayer, because I'm more of a single player type guy, this game is one of the most fantastic third person shooters out there. What I loved about the PC version is it's well optimized, good FPS, even though the recommended specs are demanding. A very good port (Unlike Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PC) which sucks in terms of FPS.) Rockstar did a very good job with this game, and I'm looking forward for their next development (GTA V). If you loved the first two, GET THIS GAME. All I can say is; Welcome Back Max. Expand
  77. Aug 15, 2012
    Technically it's reasonably well done and what you'd expect. The visuals are better; good character animation and excellent world detail. Together with bullet-time it makes for an enjoyable experience. What sets this game apart though is the story line. Looking at other reviews its obvious you either love it or hate it. Personally I greatly enjoyed Max Payne as the failed anti-hero -- we meet him as a broken man failed both personally and professionally. An alcoholized private bodyguard in a foreign country, who soon learns he is in way over his head. That being said, the story often plays on clichés and stereotypes, and you've got to see it tongue-in-cheek. Max Payne is a hopeless figure and not your typical action hero. Its a mix of Hunter Thompson and Breaking Bad; culture crash, organized crime and constant failure. If you cannot appreciate the dark humor and irony in this premise then you will miss out on the entire story. Expand
  78. Aug 14, 2012
    Apart the many cutscenes that may break your gameplay rhythm (but not my case) and the login request to play, i found the game enjoyable with good graphics, effects and environments. The new cover system fits well in the game and of course you can still kill dozen of thugs using the bullet time, which has been improved and it's simply amazing to see. Body parts are perfectly localized, you can shoot on a leg or an arm and your victim will react accordingly. Animations are fluid enough. Didn't found any bugs or "technical issues", not a single problem with this game. Maybe i'm very lucky, or somebody is exaggerating his esperience. I've played both prequels, the game is less noir indeed, no comics to read (cutscenes do the job now) and no dark new jersey to clean up, but what it offer is still great. Expand
  79. Aug 11, 2012
    I didn't like the first two Max Paynes, but I loved this one. Great game, and one of the most enjoyable I've played in the last few years. I play several different games a week (play, not complete), and complete a good number of them in a year. I think this is the best Max Payne, and the gunplay was just plain fun to me. Although, I didn't like towards the end of the game where enemies all had bulletproof vests and you have to headshot them for a kill. That's never fun. But throwing your arm around a corner and planting 3 bullets in a guy's chest and watching them drop is great fun. Expand
  80. Aug 7, 2012
    The best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. The action is breathtaking and violent, writing is superb (I've never heard such great dialogues in a shooter game, some quotes are just genius), every single detail is perfected. I already completed this game twice, and gameplay still offers a challenge.
    Why 9, but not 10? Even though the story is totally awesome, maybe Rockstar gone to far
    with an amount of cut-scenes.
    Despite this, Max Payne 3 is flawless.
  81. Aug 5, 2012
    AWESOME GAME!!! MAX IS BACK! :)

This game is superb, i love it. PC Graphics were good enough if not too good to be true :)! Singleplayer completed on normal, i can say... It gives some challenge!!! Damn it can be hard when the enemies are brutal to you. When you are not behind cover. And when u are, they are going to rip u apart still. They come to you and dont wait behind theyre
    covers, thats crazy AI tactics ganking. GJ even tho hard yeah. 9/10 multiplayer is OK, but not so good still. Singleplayer 10/10 Expand
  82. Aug 4, 2012
    Офигенный сюжет, история супер, геймплей на высоте!!! На мой взгляд лучшая игра в которую я играл 2012 г. Жаль, что играл в пиратку.... Expand
  83. Aug 3, 2012
    This is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay. The story wasn't by the same people as Max Payne 1 and 2, so you can expect different. They story was excellent in my opinion. Multiplayer is fine, but if you aren't that great at Max Payne you might die a lot. The same goes for singleplayer. The game is a bit difficult, but the checkpoints are plentiful. Expand
  84. Jul 31, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great addition to the Max Payne series. Do not let these other whiny reviews ruin your hopes for Max Payne. The biggest complaint I'm seeing from people is about cutscenes - well, had any of you actually played the old Max Payne games, you would realize that Max Payne was told through dozens and dozens of comic book style noire frames, as well as lengthy cutscenes. These ARE Max Payne, and the cutscenes, while lengthy and numerous, are *extremely* well done. Everything from the voice acting to the animations are top notch quality, better than nearly any game on the market, and the developers did an amazing job of telling Max's story. The game play is - very much like the old Max games - extremely intense and fast paced action, broken up by the ability to bullet time, and cutscenes to give you a breather. The only fault I can give this game is the MULTIPLAYER - it is absolutely terrible on PC, and clearly designed for console gamers. While it looks good, and has some nifty features, the entire experience is marred by a complete lack of balance (the most powerful pistol in the game is a .32 revolver, doing nearly TWICE as much damage as a .50 cal desert eagle.....) Any fun that *could* be had in a multiplayer game is immediately ruined when someone high enough level to have unlocked either of the 2 sniper rifles joins the game.Both are 1 shot kill, semi automatic, and one can even hold 20 rounds. Its literally a 1 shot killing machine with 20 bullets and little to no recoil, even a finger shot will kill someone. Not to mention the fact that games that allow people to go into third person and hide behind cover are cheesy enough to begin with, pair that with the superior aiming ability on PC platform and you have a recipe for disaster. All and all, Max Payne is a superb game, and worth every bit of the 39$ I paid for it on steam summer sale, the single player is phenomenally well done, and is a MUST play for any oldschool Max Payne fans out there!

Graphics - 10
    Gameplay - 8 (the weapons are TOO accurate in single player, makes the game too easy)
    Sound - 10
    Voice Acting - 10 Multiplayer - 3
    Replayability - low

Overall I give it a 9/10
  85. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game to people who really like other games with Max Payne! This is how a games should be do. Rockstar Games have never done a half product. I love Max Payne and their's other games!
  86. Jul 23, 2012
    I really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 single-player style. The visuals were incredible. The arsenal was varied. The controls were responsive and easy to use. The linear, cinematic format worked well. It was like an interactive action movie with a linear plot and constrained environment. I can see where people who are looking for an open-ended shooter might be disappointed by this and by the numerous cut-scene interruptions of action. It didn't disappoint me. I was enthralled and didn't want to stop playing. I would have given it a 10, but I agree with what many others have said that the player should be able to skip cut scenes if they want to. Overall, though, I liked the game so much that I am now looking for another game with a similar style. Expand
  87. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is amazing. I love it, and play through the campaign all the time. I have no idea why everybody hates it so much for the cut-scenes. In the description of the game, it used the word cinematic. You want cut-scenes? Play Metal Gear Solid 4. You have to appreciate and play through the Max Payne trilogy in order to like this.
  88. Jul 17, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Ignore the negative reviews if you are on the edge. Everything about this game is amazing. The story behind it is superb, the game is almost perfectly put together. If you let the fact that you can not skip the cut scene's ruin a game for you don't buy it. But the cut scenes are absolutely amazing and add to a great story. None of the cut scenes and you are never sitting in your seat waiting to play. Overall this is one of the best games I have personally played in a long time. Expand
  89. Jul 17, 2012
    I really think it's interesting that people complain about loading time, difficulty, and the inability to skip cutscenes.

It's a big game people, the graphics need to be loaded. It's 30 gigabytes because of the amount of graphics. If you think this game is hard, then you need help, try playing the first two games, those were hard. The fact that it's not an open world shooter is part of
    the Max Payne gameplay, it's not GTA, it's a story driven shoot-everything-that-moves bullet fest. Sure there is cover, but there's not recharging health which occupies so many games today. The graphics are very impressive and the gameplay is solid. Rockstar did a good job with the controls seeing as I never had to touch the options section.

The reason there are long cutscenes is because the game is loading behind them, I for one prefer something to look at while the game is loading rather than a little bar or spinning circle.

Based on what people are saying, they need to go play the first games before writing another review.

Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Story 10/10
    Replayability 10/10

Overall one of the best games I've played this year.
  90. Jul 16, 2012
    I am going to rate this game solely on the campaign because the only reason why this game was purchased by me and made into a game was because of the AMAZING CAMPAIGN. All I can say is it was a HELL OF A RIDE! Not only was the gameplay amazing but the story kept me glued to the monitor. The campaign was CRAZY long and a straight shot through took me all day (10+ hrs on hard). I tried some of the multiplayer and let me tell you it ain't bad either. I cant wait to get back on! EASY 10 Expand
  91. Jul 16, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. I am at a loss for words how some could give this a mixed review let alone NEGATIVE. Anyone reading this with the hopes of finding validation to try the game. PLAY THE GAME, IT IS INCREDIBLE. First off I want to say the people who have given this game a negative score are not only uneducated, but are probably ignorant in real life as well. Ignore the negative reviews, they are from people who probably had a crappy upbringing and never learned to appreciate good things in life.

Anyway, back to this amazing piece of PC gaming goodness. This game delivers its single player campaign in amazingly gritty, smooth and polished game play that I have come to expect from Rockstar Games. The campaign is fast-paced, its brutal, its everything you would ever want from a Max Payne game. Maximum Pain at every corner, behind every closed door.

While the storyline may seem confusing in the beginning (switches in timeline), everything will make sense as you fight your way through bleak city streets, urban guerrilla favelas and high rise apartments. This game takes you seamlessly from environment to environment without making it feel weird or without flow.

The game has no loading times if played in one sitting from start to finish, it is like playing an amazingly awesome action movie. I had no issue with the constant cut-scenes and dialogue, it keeps you on the edge of your seat at all times and you are waiting with baited breath to dive back into the unrelenting action.

Rockstar means it when they say they delayed this game to make it good, they have made it great. They have redefined the Max Payne franchise and taken the storyline and gameplay to a whole new level. This is without a doubt the BEST Max Payne game I have played since the franchise started.

Again, ignore the haters, play the single player and you will enjoy it. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, that will be next on the agenda.
  92. Jul 15, 2012
    Great and very solid story, great game play, great graphics. It's been a long time since I played such a good game. Rockstar is really the best. Recommended!
  93. Jul 15, 2012
    Rockstar have once again landed another outstanding game under their name. Max Payne 3 was an awesome experience and is worth every penny. The game itself performs very well, even on the highest settings I only noticed a performance drop in the parts of the game where there was alot of action going on. The gameplay is nice and the gunplay is pretty damn awesome and there is nothing more satisfying than diving through the air and then watching a bullet accelerate towards your targets skull in slow-mo. But beware, if you're not into cinematic games, don't buy this, as you will likely find yourself getting annoyed as the cutscenes are not skippable. Personally, my only gripes with this game are some minor gameplay issues. Such as the camera switching to the opposite shoulder by itself. There is also times where you will be put into a 'last stand' phase, which involves killing the enemy who put you into last stand - or you die. My only problem with this was that from my experience the only enemies who triggered this were ones that were behind obscure cover and therefore I couldn't kill them. All in all this game receives a 9 out of 10 for incredible gameplay, incredible story and pretty decent graphics. The multiplayer is also okay, but I haven't had time to fully get into it. Expand
  94. Jul 10, 2012
    I have been playing Max Payne from the beginning. This game is Aewsome! I don't want it to end. Ignore the haters.. just buy it. It is like you are in your own movie and performing. My Hat is off to rockstar on this one. Thanks guys!
  95. Jul 7, 2012
    In my 30+ years of gaming this has to be one of the best titles I've ever played. They took the best bits of every bad 80s action flick and ported them into this bloodbath masterpiece. My only gripe, which I'll echo, is of course the narrow environments which don't allow for any real tactics in dispensing the enemy. There were a few glitches but nothing really irritating. Kudos to R*
  96. Jul 7, 2012
    a perfect sequel to the Max Payne series, greatly optimized for the PC with superb graphic and addicting gameplay. Great storyline as well. This game really deserves a 10/10 score.....
  97. Jul 5, 2012
    fantastic game...though was a bit boring in the beginning chapters but den d story truly develops and the game begins to rise as well..lovable characters ... gr8 voice play...nice cutscenes and cool music...ol in ol a satisfying game after quite a bit of time...
    hope to see more of such games...
  98. Jul 4, 2012
    Best game of 2012 thus far. Incredible story, solid gameplay and amazing art direction. R* may not have made Max Payne 3 dark and 'noir' enough for a lot of people; regardless, this is an extremely well crafted game in all aspects. Highly recommended.
  99. Jul 4, 2012
    A Great game with good optimization, the story and the mechanics are excellent and cinematic are brillant make you feel the pain and the emotions of Max Payne 3 feel like Max Payne and its Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games Make a great job with this game and some bugs or consolers reviews can change this, The PC version is better
  100. Jul 4, 2012
    You idiots will never be satisfied with a modern sequel to a classic game. Emphasis on the 'classic'. Max Payne 3 is a great game and a welcome addition to the franchise. If I had to play another run-and-gun no-cover always-diving with dated graphics, I wouldn't be rating this game so highly. The controls in Max Payne 3 are fluid and much improved over the originals. Max's character and voice acting is superb and is a definite improvement as well. The cover systems keeps the game challenging and intense between all the baddies shooting at you. The cut scenes which everyone **** and moans about disguise the loading screens - a modern improvement to an old concept? Whodda thought! The gameplay is extremely satisfying and rewarding, never gets old even after 10+ hours of play. If you're a fan of the previous instalments of Max Payne, please ignore the idiot reviewers who will never be satisfied with anything other than the original games and do yourself a favour - get Max Payne 3! I've already put twice the time into MP3 than I did either of the originals, because I'm enjoying it so much. Haven't touched multiplayer, just because I only know Max Payne for the single player...but I've heard its a decent addon as well. Expand
  101. Jul 21, 2013

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]