7.6

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1918 Ratings

1. Apr 25, 2015
    It's like uncharted in neo-noir sauce. If you want 10 hours of epic bullet shots and dark history with awesome monologues of protagonist, go to the shop.
  2. Mar 24, 2015
    Max Payne 3 is lifted up by its story telling and graphical presentation. It unfortunately falls due to wonky controls, poor optimization, and totally generic gameplay. The story starts off well and has you interested in what happens next but about half way through the game you'll have figured everything out and it just doesn't have the suspense it did at the beginning. On PC, the gameMax Payne 3 is lifted up by its story telling and graphical presentation. It unfortunately falls due to wonky controls, poor optimization, and totally generic gameplay. The story starts off well and has you interested in what happens next but about half way through the game you'll have figured everything out and it just doesn't have the suspense it did at the beginning. On PC, the game has a subpar control scheme and if you want to take advantage of all the mechanics in the game you'll have to do some serious rebinding. My biggest disappointment was the gameplay. I heard about bullet-time and how great it is but it just feels like a gimmick that doesn't make sense and really isn't any fun. The gunplay without the bullet-time is not particularly fun nor well done. My biggest disappointment however was how short the story was for what i expected to be a singleplayer oriented game. I finished the story on medium in around 8 hours. There's not much of a reason to want to replay the game since half of it is cutscenes which are unskippable because of how long the levels take to load. They added an unnecessary multiplayer mode because evidently every good singleplayer game needs to be ruined by the inclusion of such a mode. It's not good and nobody plays it either. Overall I'm highly disappointed in this purchase and recommend everyone staying away. Expand
  3. Mar 9, 2015
    "There it was, like a cheap bottle of bourbon at a discount liquor store, on sale and just begging for me to play it; I knew I was in for a long night." And indeed I was, because 'Max Payne 3' is one of the best stories that I've watched unfold in quite a while. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that this game has far too many cut-scenes for anyone to find the story even"There it was, like a cheap bottle of bourbon at a discount liquor store, on sale and just begging for me to play it; I knew I was in for a long night." And indeed I was, because 'Max Payne 3' is one of the best stories that I've watched unfold in quite a while. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that this game has far too many cut-scenes for anyone to find the story even remotely engrossing, that nobody buys a game to watch it - they buy it to play it, and I probably would have agreed with you early on in the story. But after around the third act, I stopped caring that the cut-scenes were constantly interrupting the gameplay, and sat back and began treating 'Max Payne 3' as a fantastic interactive movie, eagerly awaiting the next scene to move the story along.

"All that is gold does not glitter, or at least that's what I was told before the world decided to stab me in the back and twist the knife." Another aspect that made this game extremely fun to watch is how pretty the graphics are, and how stylized the look feels while maintaining that gritty undertone that made the original 'Max Payne' so enjoyable. The action here is on par with what you would expect from a blockbuster movie, the writing is just as clever as the earlier 'Max Payne' games, and hearing Max speak that drunken philosophy of a man who has it all figured out but just doesn't care is great to hear again. The entire game just feels very reminiscent of the earlier releases, while managing to feel fresh and new at the same time.

"They say it's the small things that make life worth living, funny, I guess I never got that memo." I love how 'Max Payne' takes out some of the most annoying aspects of games these days. Like having to press a button to climb a ladder, or open a door, or interact with anything. Or how Max automatically reloads his gun or begins to walk just before a cut-scene. It's tiny details like this that made this game especially enjoyable for me to play through. Aside from that 'Max Payne 3' stays fairly true to the original, and I know some people really hated the addition of cover, but for me, it still feels like the 'Max Payne' that I grew up loving. If you were a fan of the Max Payne of old, you're sure to like the new and improved one as well. "It was over faster than it began, like an hour with a harlot, the time had come to finish."
  4. Feb 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the gameI'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the game immersive and movie-like. First playthrough I did not skip anything because I was genuninely intrigued by the story and voice acting. When replaying missions though, they do get boring but it's not really a big issue for me though. I still found myself playing through all the levels over and over again, collecting the golden guns. The gameplay mechanics are very comfortable. The controls are well refined, which is a huge problem in many of the recent games. The animations are fluid and the gameplay is just really fast. The shooting is very satisfying especially when you see the bullets in slow motion decimating the goons. The game is challenging at times especially if you play on hard, but I was never stuck on any level for too long. This may be a small thing but the ambience and music is also very fitting and motivating. I absolutely love the soundtrack. To summarise, I think this game is absolutely brilliant and very entertaining. I had more fun playing this than GTA V honestly. If you are considering buying this game, I'd say just go for it. Expand
  5. Jan 27, 2015
    Locked on cutscenes forced to watch over and over for challenge modes defeats the point in challenge modes i was not going to sit there for 3000 years rewatching the damn cut scenes to do that.

Bugs map level bugs weapon bugs model bugs texture errors all on 2 copies of the game even on 360 the story was ok COMBAT SUCKED compared to MP and MP2 Missed the comic style missed the Film

the story was ok

COMBAT SUCKED compared to MP and MP2
    Missed the comic style missed the Film noir scenes like in MP and Mp2

THIS WAS A CASH GRAB ON A ESTABLISHED NAME it was totally different game

Don't make another max payne you ruined it enough.....................
  6. Jan 10, 2015
    Ok... Es un análisis muy muy largo, así que lo resumiré aquí: Galería de disparos, frustración, repetir, cinemática, galería de disparos, frustración, repetir, cinemática, galería de disparos, pasar, cinemática, galería de disparos, y se repite hasta que terminas el juego.

Max Payne 3 es uno de los juegos mas sobrevalorados que eh visto en mi vida. Tiene tantos problemas... Tiene tanto que deja deseando....

Yo jugué a los 2 primeros Max Payne, el primero estubo... Bien... No era de lo mejor, tenia sus problemas pero entretenia. Luego llego Max Payne 2 y fue la ostia. Es un gran juego, tiene una historia interesante, con sus momentos comicos y oscuros, la ambientación oscura junto con un buen catalogo de amras y una banda sonora increible. El theme de Max Payne es uno de mis favoritos. Y me pregunto que paso...? !!¿QUE PASO EN ESTA SECUELA?!!
    Voy a comparar este titulo con los anteriores, especialmente MP2, por lo que va a sufrir. Así que empecemos.

Hablemos de lo bueno del titulo para ver lo poco que tiene a su favor. Los gráficos y el detalle de interiores, son muy buenos. Eh visto a gente por todas partes aclamandolos, puedes destruir múltiples objetos, ves las heridas de bala en todos los personajes, los personajes están detallados, y tienen detalles de cosas pequeñas como libros, computadores, letreros, sillas, etc. Sin embargo, llega lo malo... No puedes apreciar los interiores por que este juego es una orgía de balas y muerte. Siempre ahí alguien disparando, explotando algo, o tu estas mirando las CINEMÁTICA ETERNAS. Las cinemática ocultan los tiempos de carga... Y este juego tiene mucho tiempo de carga. Hay veces en las que casi termina la cinemática y me deja saltarmela por que ya termino de cargar despues de que la cinemática casi terminara, aparte de que duran mucho, algunas son inútiles. Un ejemplo de cinemática inútil son cuando te tiran una granadas de humo, si, el juego tiene que parar para admirar como te tiran una pta granada de humo... Y ni hablar de los momentos prefabricados que abundan.

Y que tal si hablamos de la jugabilidad? Empecemos por la I.A. Es decente... Usara cobertura normalmente, pero aveces van corriendo hacía ti como suicidas. Y ni hablar de la dificultad, se pasan con ella. Jugué en modo normal y aun así la dificultad llega a ser ligeramente superior que en el modo de dificultad inicial de MP2. Y la jugabilidad no a mejorado en nada. Es mas bien una refinación moderna y nada mas. No ahí sigilo, a pesar que el juego tiene algunas zonas donde la historia dice que ahí que ser sigiloso... No tiene el inventario de MP2, donde antes podías llevar un arma de cada tipo aquí te limitas a 3, 2 si usas 2 pistolas a la ves, por que Max no tiene un imán en la espalda como Lara Croft. En lo que mas evoluciona este juego es en que ahora si saltas es por tiempo infinito hasta que caigas, antes solo era por un instante, ahora es cuando tocas tierra, y añade una forma para evitar la muerte, que si tienes un frasco de pastillas puedes usarlo si matas al ultimo tipo que te disparo, una forma de quitar algo de frustración. Sin embargo, también la cagn con eso, casi siempre tu mirada estará en un ángulo imposible de darle, por lo que no podrás dispararle por que todo te esta tapando la vista.

Y ni mencionar lo que quitan de entregas pasadas, como el inventario infinito, el modo bullet time rápido que te permitía recibir menos daño y recargar super rápido de MP2, y la posibilidad de usar granadas, NO PUEDES USAR GRANADAS pero los enemigos si pueden...

Hablemos de la historia... Como empieza? Pues empezamos sin contexto matando a un tipo en un aeropuerto, y de ahí vamos al pasado, vemos que Max ahora es guardaespaldas y empieza un tiroteo, de ahí vamos 2 niveles mas y pasamos al pasado. La historia no tiene un enfoque, nos mandan al futuro en el inicio, después al pasado cuando Max es guardaespaldas, de ahí vamos a America donde antes estaba Max, volvemos al futuro, nos narran todo como si fueramos idiotas y no pudiéramos seguir la historia, no tiene enfoque y mas parece una excusa para matar gente. No sientes que haces nada en la trama, eres el que mira a Max por horas en las cinemática y cuando ahí que matar tomas el control... En MP2 también matabas y ya, pero ahí las cinemática duraban a lo mucho 2 minutos, por lo que al menos no sentías que tu tenias que hace algo en la historia, en especial por que las cinemática eran comics y distinguías la acción de la historia, aquí duran de 2 a 14, sin mencionar que son constantes ya que si pasas una viene otra sin parar. Y ya no son comics, ahora son cinemática modernas con el motor del juego.

Hablemos un poco mas de lo bueno... Siempre estas fuera de numero, eres tu contra unos 100 por mision. Dirán que es malo por que es frustrante... Pues si, es de doble filo, pero si usas el bullet time y tienes un lugar amplio no esta tan duro... Los corredores son lo malo...

De echo este juego tiene todo lo malo que puede tener un juego... Tiene corredores lineales, cinemática sin parar, no tiene formas de hacer al jugador interactuar con el mundo, hordas frustrantes con una dificultad fuera de mundo, una historia que no es interesante ni tiene un final decente, sus mecánicas no innovan en nada ni al menos ser nuevas en la franquicia, momentos prefabricados sin parar, alejar a la franquicia de su carril original, personajes sin desarrollar que vienen y van...

NO ES UN MAL JUEGO. NO LO ES. Pero tiene tantos cambios para mal, que no innovan, que te hacen esperar como si esto fuera el cine... Este juego no es un digno sucesor de MP2 y creo que esta tan sobrevalorado por que es similar a CoD. No eh jugado a CoD en mucho tiempo, ni en PC. Pero CoD son explosiones, hordas de enemigos, muchas cinemática, historia poco interesante y frustración por el MP. Como la frustración de la campaña normal... Puede que me equivoque en la comparación de CoD con MP3, pero aun así no es un buen juego. Es uno promedio... No es ni malo ni bueno... Es muy mediocre... Divertido aveces... Y decepcionante... Yo quería un nuevo capitulo de la historia gris de Max Payne, aquí apenas tiene mejoras, han removido cosas... Este juego tiene MP, seguro que es bueno, pero no tiene servidores dedicados este juego. No tiene servidores dedicados... Este juego lo recomendaría por 3 dolares, no mas. De hecho, si tienes para elegir entre MP3 o MP2 elige el 2. Max Payne 2 es un juego mejor, no estara tan actualizado, pero al final es mejor. Este juego...

Rockstar lo podría haber hecho mucho mejor... Pero es lo que es... Le doy un 05/10, es dolorosamente promedio, si llegas a jugar MP seguro mejora y llega a un 06/10, pero sin servidores dedicados ni muchos amigos con este juego no lo puedo jugar ni contar. Si tienes 3 dolares vale la pena, pero no mas, ni en broma... Me encanto Max Payne 2 y me duele que el 3 sea tan... Es un corredor de disparos, es casi un shooter genérico...
  7. Dec 20, 2014
    FANTASTIC game. One of the best action games i have ever play. I found better from previous max payne games because may payne 3 has better gameplay, more locations , good story and is ROCKSTAR... A must buy. MAX PAYNE 3 deserve BETTER sales. I hope for similar max payne 4 from Rockstar
  8. Dec 15, 2014
    Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives.Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives. From what I know, the game stayed a lot of time in development, but, in my opinion, even a game came out so good that I take at least 10 hours related to PC. Animation and frameworks that have been used games give an air of film, which can sometimes feel like you're watching a movie.

Story 14/15
    Extra 4/5
    Replay Value 5/5

Last score: 96
  9. Dec 3, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creoEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  10. Dec 3, 2014
    Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game,Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game, buy it. Otherwise, stay away. Expand
  11. Dec 1, 2014
    I paid the game and the game got installed. It just didn't work on PC. Tons of people have issues with the Rockstar social club overlay.
    A few days after my purchase, I still can't play. The money I spent is not for entertainment. It was spent for doing quality assurance for Rockstar's social club.
  12. Nov 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Firstly, it makes no sense to see him so depressed about his family and Mona's death, if you finished the second one on the hardest difficulty she survived and came to terms with the loss of his family...
    Secondly, this games focus in on slomo gun-play, not narrative... and the comic book style of narrative delivery is replaced with long cut-scenes
    Thirdly, the focus Isn't on Max (and/or his relationship with Mona) it is on some rich snobs who employed him
    I could go on but, Its not a terrible game, assuming that you have NOT played the first two before otherwise itll be hard not to judge it harshly
  13. Nov 24, 2014
    I have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing hisI have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing his favorite tune on the piano before being thrown into yet another heroic gun battle. It not only kept all the charm of the previous series, but has managed to add so much more! Well done Rockstar for creating another piece of unforgettable video game history! Expand
  14. Oct 31, 2014
    It a very good game, but not the same fun as GTA series. I did not even finish it, it started to become boring. Maybe I just love to drive a car like in GTA :)
  15. Sep 27, 2014
    Awful.

Gameplay and interface are heavy consolized. You can't find here a rapid adrenaline action, like in previous games, just a hours of boring shooting from the covers. Plot is the worst part, even if not considering it as a part of Max Payne's story. Hollow, dumb and unmotivated narrative with bleak characters - they **** up even with Max. I pulled myself to end this game,
    Awful.

Plot is the worst part, even if not considering it as a part of Max Payne's story. Hollow, dumb and unmotivated narrative with bleak characters - they **** up even with Max. I pulled myself to end this game, because I started wanting to drop it after first hour - and the plot only making more blunt after it. Seriously, the one of the worst storyline in AAA-videogames ever, including Call of Duties.

Visual style and soundtrack scores solid 0/10
  16. Sep 21, 2014
    For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.

**** Rockstar for **** all over the PC versions of their games. This will be the last Rockstar title that I buy.
  17. Sep 9, 2014
    I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You have to play this on PC to get the full experience - 60fps and max settings make this a gorgeous, slick, and smooth as **** ride to get through. Seriously, I didn't even care about the complete linearity of the game, because I wanted to stay on the beaten track so much.

James McCaffrey nails it once again as Max Payne. 9.4/10.
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    Just hating on this game for annoying DRM practices.

Can't even start games up these without having to sign in to some **** platform, I already have steam, is that not good enough?

Also **** Ubisoft's Uplay aswell.
  19. Aug 13, 2014
    There is no Max Payne 3. It looks nice, it is out there along with all the other good looking games, it has all the whistles and bells for a good decent game, you know, the gangsta stuff R.star is good at. But this is not Max Payne 3. Play MP 1&2 and my affirmation will make sense.
  20. Aug 12, 2014
    Great graphics, story, and gameplay. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10, but giving it a 10 to offset stupid reviews that give it a 0 just because it wasn't a game you assumed it was. A 0 should only be given to a game that is completely unplayable, aka it doesn't run at all and you couldn't play a single minute of the game.

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a lot of cut scenes and a lot of action. Very enjoyable.
  21. Jul 23, 2014
    Sorry, this is just not a Max Payne game. It's some type of tech demo for a Rockstar engine. To be honest it took me more time to download than I have played it, so you can imagine how it made me feel. Graphically not that amusing, gameplay is boringly repetitive and the designers just don't know how to trigger events any other way than "five steps then five enemies". Highly disappointingSorry, this is just not a Max Payne game. It's some type of tech demo for a Rockstar engine. To be honest it took me more time to download than I have played it, so you can imagine how it made me feel. Graphically not that amusing, gameplay is boringly repetitive and the designers just don't know how to trigger events any other way than "five steps then five enemies". Highly disappointing and not happy with the critics. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2014
    Got MP3 on Steam for about 9€ with all DLC included. I haven't played other max payne titles so I'm not particularly attached to franchise in any way, nor did I had great expectations.

For a 3rd preson shooter PC game, the gameplay and mechanics are well thought and the graphics are pretty good. Textures have reasonable. Physics and environment destructibility are also OK, but nothing to radical.

On the campaign and the story as a whole it's pretty meh...I mean it's not bad it's just nothing out of your ordinary action plot, and sometimes you might even predict certain outcomes. The story is also pretty linear. The quantity cutscenes in this game may not appeal to some, but I suppose it's part of the action driven movie formula kinda game...Overall it's a good a game for less than 10€.
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadasEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  24. Jun 24, 2014
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter... You are forced to do Railroad like missions, you can't move like you want in missions (and you could move where ever you want in the good old max payne games, like in the hotel mission or the other crazy cool missions). Now you are
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter...
    Now you are forced to walk in one direction and if you fail, reload at checkpoint and try again.
    There are also VERY ANNYOING Railroad missions, like you are sitting in a helicopter and you are forced to shoot enemys...if you fail, do it again WTF? I want move with Max payne and kill the enemys on my way!
    This is the worst thing they could do with the max payne series.
    I had not fun with the new max payne...the multiplayer was is okay, but the singleplayer isn't good...
    Like AVGN would say "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"
    Please go back to roots!
  25. Jun 15, 2014
    I'm simply amazed by the effort that Rockstar put into the development of the PC version. I have heard that this one is not a port, but a game that was simultaneously developed along with its console counterparts. By seeing the way Rockstar optimized this game for PC, I can, without a doubt, say that GTA V on PC is going to be pretty awesome.
  26. Jun 11, 2014
    Its an OK game. The story line is OK, it works for a video game. The mechanics, fit for Max Payne. The graphics are pretty good.

Some things that really f'n bother me. W T F with the asinine cut scenes. I am not saying they sucked or that there were too many, but why in gods name do video games want to think for me. Two instances: The first one, when you are in the slums and there

Two instances:

The first one, when you are in the slums and there are three people being held in a room at gun point, you just fought an army to get here and instead of giving you the chance to AT LEAST SLOW TIME THROUGH THE DOOR and kill as many as you can, NO, you are going to be a dumb ass and walk in and try to talk it over. W T F.

Second instance, having the shootout with another army of bad guys at the graveyard, which is way over the top of realism, but works for a PC arcade game, there is a sniper in the tower, your mission is to flank him and take him out, but you must do it it parts as you have to run to cover. Every time you run to cover a bunch of bad guys come out of this building and you have to shoot them to move on, finally flanking the sniper and killing him. This is all fine and dandy, BUT THEN LIKE YOUR F'N BRAINS FELL OUT WHILE YOU WERE WALKING UP THE STAIRS TO THE BUILDING THAT ALL THE BAD GUYS WERE JUST POURING OUT OF, you casually walk inside looking to hide and BAMN! instantly surrounded by all of the bad guys that had yet to run out and get shot by you. W T F.

I understand that story writing is a disappearing art, but really, you cannot find better ways for the story to progress then to take a character that is supposed to be experienced and have them do all of these smart things, and then walk into situations like he just fell off the F'N turnip truck.

Please, STOP MAKING DECISIONS for gamers during game-play. It is bad enough when a game is so linear that I have to follow a line that any sensible person knows is going to end up badly, but this game takes those options off the table. Not only must you follow that line, but you will watch in a form of stupification on what you had to do, then watch a cut-scene where you infinitely facepalm yourself for realizing that even though you knew this was going to end badly, there is not anything you can do about it.

Graphics 7, audio 7, gameplay outside of pre-made decisions 6, story line 6, linear game 5, constantly kicking the player in the nuts after every fight or unchangeable decision 10, but this really is a negative aspect so 1.

The game is not state of the art, and the decisions the hero makes reverses any amount of coolness you may have just pulled off in bullet time. Over all the game gets a 5.

Rockstar, we all know you can do better. Please stop settling on this crap.If you need guidance, look at your other games like L.A. Noire and GTA V.
  27. Jun 6, 2014
    I really miss the old style 'noir' in previous games, but without affecting nostalgia, is a quite acceptable sequel and a very good shooter. (oh! and the music its just perfect)
  28. May 27, 2014
    Egyszerűen remek játék volt. Történet persze ismerős lehet de a játék dinamikája és a hangulata oda szegez a géphez és nem enged... A fő szereplőt a lehető legjobban találták el, azonosulni pedig 1-2 ember biztos fog (köztük én is) majd vele. A zenék pedig zseniálisak itt ott noir de ez miért lenne baj... Remélem lesz Max Payne 4 is...
  29. May 25, 2014
    One of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quitOne of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quit **** and go be a badass. Expand
  30. Vex
    May 13, 2014
    This game is so monotonous, linear and boring, words can't even begin to express. There are only 3 mechanics in the game: shooting, examining trivia and pushing buttons/pulling levers. The game throws waves upon waves of enemies at you, which not only kills any semblance of realism, but also makes sure you get frustrated for having to replay the same section/hangar/floor for the n-th timeThis game is so monotonous, linear and boring, words can't even begin to express. There are only 3 mechanics in the game: shooting, examining trivia and pushing buttons/pulling levers. The game throws waves upon waves of enemies at you, which not only kills any semblance of realism, but also makes sure you get frustrated for having to replay the same section/hangar/floor for the n-th time after getting killed in the stupidest way possible. It is not possible to approach problems stealthily, use tactics or any kind of planning; instead the game will often do the stupidest thing - Max will open a big door to a room full of enemies (big surprise) and literally throw himself in the midst of them, trying to shoot them up using slo-mo instead of staying where he is and taking them out from there.

The only saving grace of this game is nice graphics and really good voice acting. It appears as though Rockstar wanted to make a movie instead of a game. It plays like a half-baked shooter from 1998.

What a waste of time. Avoid.

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]