Max Payne 3 PC

7.7

1. Jul 11, 2017
    First of all, this is an awesome game with an even better story. But I'm just going to get the score out of the way by saying that this shouldn't have been a Max Payne game, it should have had a different name. The series should have stayed in NYC and add on to the story of the first two games. This puts him in a different environment and it just didn't feel too right.
    But, that aside,
    But, that aside, this has a great story, very well written, and Max has stayed the same. The graphics are obviously amazing, and more realistic mechanics are implemented (you can only have a couple of weapons). The comic cutscenes have received a downgrade, but with graphics like these, it's understandable to have actual movie-like cutscenes.
    Overall, it's a good game if you haven't played the first two, and a bit of a disappointment if you have.
  2. Jun 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frustrating and awful.

Does not hold up to the first 2 entries due to all the problems others have listed. #1 for me is the way many environments are stacked against you in terms of coverage- you end up being a bullet magnet and many times the unfair positioning is to the point of yelling obscenities. In many areas you'll find yourself randomly trying to find other cover (even though none presents itself) to break out of the constant pattern of being stuck behind the obvious cover, only to die over and over.

This is quite different than the first two games, and it means alot of dying and replaying until you get randomly lucky enough that when you're concentrating on one enemy the others don't mow you down.

Here's another annoying choice - as you're dying, the game goes into slow mo. So you have to wait 10 seconds before re-starting at a checkpoint.

I'm not a huge fan of "grinder" games and this falls into that category more often than not.

Helpless woman with no self-volition later in the game, no understanding of noir first person voice or the near camp version of that voice from the first two games. Voice acting is boring

I'm going to grab MP 2 after this- maybe I'm looking back with rose-colored glasses. But MP 3 feels like a pale shadow... don't bother paying for this game even on sale.
  3. May 3, 2017
    This game could've used perhaps some less enemies and more dynamic AI instead. As it is now, just a basic, mediocre cover shooter where you shoot a 1000 guys from cover and then watch a cut-scene. Which you can't skip most of the time. Enemies will typically move to cover and turtle there while you do the same. Try the shoot dodge in an open area and you will get eviscerated quickly. ItThis game could've used perhaps some less enemies and more dynamic AI instead. As it is now, just a basic, mediocre cover shooter where you shoot a 1000 guys from cover and then watch a cut-scene. Which you can't skip most of the time. Enemies will typically move to cover and turtle there while you do the same. Try the shoot dodge in an open area and you will get eviscerated quickly. It only works against at most 4 guys clustered together. This is supposed to be an action game?The only reason this game is difficult in some sections is because they will start you off in an awkward position and send about 10 goons into the room. Try to move from cover and die, or just pick them off one by one by using the bullet time and cover aim. You just do this over and over for the length of the game. The best parts are when you jump into a scripted action event and enter slow mo, although those last about two seconds. Then it's back to your basic shooting gallery.

The actual game mechanics are solid and the shooting feels good, but it gets old quick considering how many games since basically Gears of War have used cover shooting based gameplay. There are also some "stealth" sections, which quickly degrade into just shooting since you are quickly discovered by the omnipotent AI. The bells and whistles are all here though, so it's not a total waste. Good graphics and animations plus solid voice work. Technically, the game is sound. But so boring.

And the story gets played out about halfway through as you find out that Max is just a total dumb-ass, and then continues to be, all the while droning to himself incessantly. Is this considered good writing? I expected more from R* but then again this is an older game so perhaps it just hasn't stood up to the test of time. Anyway, I'm glad I passed on this an bought it for pocket change on Steam recently.
  4. Apr 20, 2017
    This sequel could not have been better. Its combains gameplay with cut scenes in a right way. Basically you will be able to play about 60% of the game and the rest is only cut scenes but they are worth it because they are too damn good.
    The shooting is lots of fun as always and the graphics are great. Even if you did not play Max Payne before you will understand and love this one.
  5. Mar 19, 2017
    İlk oyunun ardından büyük bir zaman beklediğim ve duyurulduğunda büyük beklentiler içerisine girdiğim, ilk oyun kadar bende etki yaratmayan, yine de yerin dibine sokulmayacak bir oyun olduğu kanaatindeyim.
  6. Mar 8, 2017
    If you liked this game, you are retarded, sorry.
    This is the worst game i ever played. Nice job stealing my money for a game that is more like a **** movie.
  7. Jan 27, 2017
    Max Payne 3 is currently the best action game that I've ever played and is commendable for staying true to the series' formula while improving its core mechanics. I can imagine Rockstar being tempted to modernize the game in order to broaden its appeal and attract new players but they kept the series' staple gameplay that's almost 15 years old - as of writing - and proved that if it ain'tMax Payne 3 is currently the best action game that I've ever played and is commendable for staying true to the series' formula while improving its core mechanics. I can imagine Rockstar being tempted to modernize the game in order to broaden its appeal and attract new players but they kept the series' staple gameplay that's almost 15 years old - as of writing - and proved that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As someone who had several playthroughs of the past two titles, I played Max Payne 3 without even feeling alienated and quickly became accustomed to how the game works; I was still running and gunning my way through waves of thugs as I did so before, feeling like a one-man killing machine out for justice. For those wondering if the difficulty has been toned down compared to the previous titles: it hasn't and you will die a lot in this game, even if you're a series veteran because the AI is programmed to be very aggressive and will always try to flank Max in every opportunity possible. Overall an excellent action game that will appeal to old fans and new players craving for a chaotic and hardcore experience.

I couldn't hold the same regard for the story though. Even with its high production values, Rockstar's attention to detail, and amazing performances from the cast, the story couldn't win me over and I can't sway the thought that this game shouldn't have been made in the first place. The previous game already established that Max finally achieves peace and accepts that his wife and daughter are dead forever; he realizes that no amount of revenge could ease the pain and he vows to live with that until he dies. Fast forward 9 years later and Max is shown with his life down on the rocks and has an addiction to alcohol and painkillers. He develops a negative attitude to everything surrounding him and he denounces the American dream which he once had. I seriously couldn't get why the new writers presented Max that way since 9 years is more than enough to change a person's life. I felt that Dan Houser and the other writers were going for the Max Payne 2 route, where the point of that game existing in the first place is to show that Max doesn't learn from his mistakes, but it doesn't work if you do it a second time after your main character already sworn that he already got his redemption. The writers tried to make connections with the past titles, putting small references here and there to appease the old fans but I think it would've been better if they went the reboot/remake route and showed us what vision of Max they had in their head because they're just feeding off the scraps that Remedy sold them.

The story's not bad, mind you. Sure, there are glaring plot holes and it doesn't really explain well why certain events happened the way they happened, but it's a passable story for the kind of ambitious game that they were making. It's just that for someone who replayed the Remedy-made games a lot of times, Max Payne 3 has been kind of a let down in the story department. It was a good attempt on Rockstar's part but old-timers may not have the same satisfying experience as they had in Noir York City.

"I had a dream of my wife.
    She was dead.
    But it was all right."

And there you have it.
  8. Dec 5, 2016
    I was so excited at first. Good dialogs, movie style story-telling. Longer I played, worse it got. Too many shootings, you can hardly call them realistic. It wouldn't be a problem if enemies didn't pop up from anywhere, often killing you by surprise. Frustrating to say the least. One could expect better graphics and after all the story didn't make much sense. 7/10 for original approach.
  9. Dec 4, 2016
    Im a fan of Max Payne since the first game. If you ask me top 10 games ever, will be Max Payne.

I played Max Payne 3 and giving it 8.5. The game is great overall.
    + Slick performance
    + No bugs
    + Voice acting
    + Graphic
    + Action packed

- Too many cinematics
    - Dont feel like old Max Payne games.

Also I liked those nice flashbacks. The NY setting is so much better than South America.
  10. Dec 2, 2016
    An amazingly, incredibly bad game. IT fails on every level. The voice acting is terrible, like somebody randomly reading a script with no context. Which, in fairness, it probably was. The gameplay is dire. The one element retained from the originals is the shootdodge, which has somehow been made far worse. Enjoy hovering in the air abruptly flying in a random direction if you happen toAn amazingly, incredibly bad game. IT fails on every level. The voice acting is terrible, like somebody randomly reading a script with no context. Which, in fairness, it probably was. The gameplay is dire. The one element retained from the originals is the shootdodge, which has somehow been made far worse. Enjoy hovering in the air abruptly flying in a random direction if you happen to brush something solid mid-flight. The AI is terrible, enemies just repeatedly duck and stand up again in exactly the same place. A ridiculous number of cut scenes, frequently ending abruptly while leaving you in a stupidly exposed location. Where you will probably die, because your currently selected weapon is randomly reset, and occasionally lost for no apparent reason. The game appears to have been directed by somebody who has never seen any visual medium other than last 90s music videos. I have never played an FPS where dying gives some small sense of relief, because I hate my character so much I really subconsciously want him to fail. Gameplay is completely linear. The plot is hackneyed and boring. There are hilarious sequences that make zero sense (my favourite being wandering through a favela interspersed with cut scenes where Max repeatedly begs locals for a phone for no reason, yet when he encounters an American who seems well established there, and would defnitely have one, he just has a brief chat and moves on). But that's just petty, there are far, far bigger issues with every aspect of the game on every level. By far the most disappointing game I have played in the last ten years. Expand
  11. Oct 31, 2016
    Max Payne 3 rocks ! Sucha well crafted action game that has hardly any faults. PC version is great, looks great and runs great, extremely well optimized for PC. Massive step up for R* after troubled GTA IV and LA Noire PC versions.

Gameplay requires skill and fast thinking. Even on lower difficulties it can be pretty punishing if youre playing it casualy. Its pretty much non stop action in this game. Guns feel awesome with sense of weight behind them, something rare for a TPS game, Bullet physics that R* bragged about work actually in a useful and satisfying manner.

Story was pretty good, executed like in a good action movie with cinematic feel. Some of the stuff it goes thru makes you think of the dark things that might be happening in real life in Brazil. Really maturely delivered storyline overall.

MP3 and R* carries on Remedy's legacy with pride. Excellent game.
  12. Oct 25, 2016
    The game is technically beautiful, but this game made me know I don't like games where all you do is shooting. I felt so bored after a while, I just finished it because I'm a bit completionist.
  13. Oct 15, 2016
    Absolutely atrocious as a videogame.

As a movie? 10/10. Well, 8/10 but you get the picture. This isn't a videogame. This is a movie with little minigames added in between. You get to play for maybe 20% of the game's length. The rest is just cutscene after cutscene after cutscene. The gameplay that is there is almost too little to be judged, but it comes down to clunky as all hell.
    Absolutely atrocious as a videogame.

As a movie? 10/10. Well, 8/10 but you get the picture.

The gameplay that is there is almost too little to be judged, but it comes down to clunky as all hell. Max will often not move in the directions you're pressing. The tiny areas you're in a laden with invisible walls. The cover system is counter-productive. Popping out of cover will get you killed, while simply standing behind cover and slowly walking out of it guns blazing will always work well. The bullet time is too short and your reticle blends in with the enviroment making it almost impossible to aim without bullet time. Cutscenes will often end abruptly, leaving you standing out in the open while enemies blow you to smithereens. The game NEVER conveys ANY information without cutscenes. Someone wants to talk to you? Cutscenes. Someone wants to take a dump? Cutscene. Someone wants to open a door to enter the fight? Cutscene. Cutscene. Cutscene. Cutscene. Cutscene. Cutscene. Cutscene, and yet more Cutscenes.

The visuals, notably the special "blurry" effects you get, are distracting and unnecessary, and often just disorienting.

Too bad games are so expensive. Maybe I'd appreciate it more if I just bought a 15 dollar ticket to a movie.
  14. Oct 12, 2016
    This game starts off SO promisingly: Great production values, great soundtrack, great graphics and great setting. So far, so Rockstar. But once you're about a third into the game, the flaws start to really reveal themselves.

Despite the varied environments the game throws at you (nightclub, favela, dockyards) the basic gameplay just gets very repetitive very quickly. Cover, aim, shoot -- over and over again. Worse, even if you try and shake things up by shoot-dodging and running from cover to cover, the game will sometimes punish you with an instant death -- so you'll have no incentive to use the game's most interesting mechanics. Yes, there are some great occasional set-pieces (the office block siege!) but the levels are often dragged out way longer than necessary. The game's weird obsession with forcing you to use a pistol a lot of the time doesn't help.

None of this would matter if the story and script were top-notch but to be honest the plot is way too convoluted and the characters so unlikeable that you never feel much emotional connection with what's going on. It all feels like a character arc from GTA V -- minus the driving and sense of humor. Fun for a bit but no classic.
  15. Oct 11, 2016
    Great continuation to story of Max Payne. Great atmosphere, shooting, graphics, audio. Unfortunately gameplay is a little bit too repetitive and the place of action might be not everyone's taste (no more NY city noir type of thing) but still, proper max payne experience. Wish there be 4th part one day.
  16. Jul 30, 2016
    Not a very long game but definitely enjoyable. It does not offer the best of story lines, however in the scheme of things and the character "Max Payne" himself, it fits in well. Just too much of shooting people throughout and at times it gets a little tiring and the long cut scenes seem to be a respite. In any case, the end of the game is just awesome and makes the entire game worth playing!
  17. Jul 10, 2016
    Un juego muy divertido, con buena acción, espectacular, buena historia. Sus contras es que ya por la mitad del juego, no cambia la jugabilidad ni nada importante y se hace muy repetitivo, pero es un muy buen juego para comprar en ofertas. El final me pareció muy decepcionante.
  18. Jul 10, 2016
    In short : really disappointing compared to the first one. Short storyline, tons of unskippable cutscenes - during which Max will often switch your weapon to single handgun, sometimes even discardingyour 2-handed weapon. As another reviewer said, "Shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene, nothing, cutscene, shooting gallery, painfully long cutscene": there's basically aIn short : really disappointing compared to the first one. Short storyline, tons of unskippable cutscenes - during which Max will often switch your weapon to single handgun, sometimes even discardingyour 2-handed weapon. As another reviewer said, "Shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene, nothing, cutscene, shooting gallery, painfully long cutscene": there's basically a cutscene for every closed door. The worst thing with the unskippable: even when you replay a level, you still can't skip them!

The graphics are nice, the controls are okay, it's a decent third-person shooter. But it doesn't feel like a Max Payne game, it feels like a TPS with bullet time.
  19. Jun 22, 2016
    Max Payne 3 is a rare case of me expecting very specific things from a game and getting exactly those things out of it. While it bears a few of the trappings of modern shooters, these do not dare hold back the torrent of classic Max Payne action- unforgiving, pitched gun battles, metaphor-laden, hard-boiled detective monologuing, bullet time, diving dodges, and Max's continuing journeyMax Payne 3 is a rare case of me expecting very specific things from a game and getting exactly those things out of it. While it bears a few of the trappings of modern shooters, these do not dare hold back the torrent of classic Max Payne action- unforgiving, pitched gun battles, metaphor-laden, hard-boiled detective monologuing, bullet time, diving dodges, and Max's continuing journey into the depths of his own personal hell. This is one instance where Rockstar's flair for grim violence and depressing storytelling is wholly appropriate to the subject matter. The multiplayer however, is a horribly unbalanced, blink-and-your-dead **** much like a certain other more popular Rockstar title. Regardless, I didn't buy this game for another boring multiplayer grindfest. I bought it because it's Max ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Payne, and that's why you should buy it too, so grab a fistful of painkillers and lay down the law. No Payne, no gain. Expand
  20. Jun 13, 2016
    This game has been reviewed a zillion times so I’ll try not to repeat too much what has already been said, but Max Payne 3 has some big issues and one deal breaker that keeps me from recommending it.

I’ll start with the good. Max Payne 3 looks great and has terrific physics and fight mechanics. The mission areas have a lot of variety and are extremely detailed, and there are some well-designed action sequences.

Now for the not so good. The setting for the game, as many have said, does not fit with detective noir theme of the first two games. Gone is the graphic novel presentation, and the mean streets of New York have been replaced with sunny San Paolo. Max has gone from a creature of the night to a tanned, sunglass-wearing alcoholic. The very personal story that drove him in the first two games, the quest for revenge and answers for the murder of his wife and daughter, has been replaced by a far less compelling one where he is simply an outsider involved in someone else’s troubles. The plot surrounding the rich and politically powerful Brazilian family that hires him for bodyguard duty reminds me of a bad episode of CSI:Miami. In fact, I remember an old episode of CSI:Miami where they go to Brazil in a story surrounding Brazilian mobsters. Swap in David Caruso for Max Payne, and this is an episode of CSI:Miami. The characters in Max Payne 3 are all clichés, the dialogue is often bad, and there is no femme fatal like Mona in the first two games to press Max’s buttons. So what we are left with is Max moaning about his sad sack life while entangling himself in the affairs of people we don’t really care about. This is emphasized even more when Max shaves his head to go undercover and spends the second half of the game looking like Walter White from Breaking Bad. The only time Max Payne 3 harkened back to the classic first two games was in the two flashback chapters where Max is back in New Jersey. If only this whole game had taken place in New Jersey. I also missed the humor from the first two games, like when a couple of cops are sitting on a couch at the precinct watching an episode of ‘Lords and Ladies’, and complaining when Max blocks their view. When Max flips on a tv in Max Payne 3, all you get are CNN-like reports. The spirit of the original games just seems to be missing altogether in this one.

One of the big complaints about Max Payne 3 is with the excessive cutscenes, and it’s a valid one. I enjoy watching a good cutscene, but Max Payne 3 goes overboard to where it’s more an interactive movie than a game at times. Cutscenes at the beginning and end of a mission are fine, but when they are spread all through the mission it becomes a distraction and ruins immersion. It is no exaggeration that every time you walk through a doorway the game goes to a cutscene. There was absolutely no need for this. There was one time early in the game where Max is hurt and staggering behind his companion. The game would alternate between you controlling Max and the game moving Max along for you. Again, immersion-breaking as you feel like you are fighting the game for control of the character you are playing.

With all that said, Max Payne 3 was disappointing to me but still a very good third person action shooter, and I really enjoyed a lot of the fight scenes. The problem I had with the action was that toward the end of the game they kept ramping things up to where it just became unbelievable. There are times when Max is single-handedly fighting what seems like a whole army. I’m not complaining from a difficulty standpoint, I obviously got through it. But the first two games did a good job of scaling the action to the story, so it kept things reasonably believable. Max Payne 3 goes so over-the-top in the late going that it again wrecks immersion by turning it into an insane action flick. The finale feels like something out of Just Cause.

The deal-breaker for me, though, is the game’s save system. Rockstar, in their infinite wisdom, allows a single auto save with no backup. The game doesn’t even sync up with Steam Cloud. So if that save becomes corrupted, you are just out of luck. I loaded where I left off at the beginning of chapter six one day and found myself in the helicopter scene early in chapter 3. And the chapters four and five that I had unlocked were now locked. I looked it up online and found that this problem has been pervasive since the game came out four years ago, and Rockstar never addressed it. So I considered myself lucky since some people had whole games wiped out when they were in chapter 10, replayed from where I was and continued on. But I started manually backing up my game profile every time I exited the game. That is something you should never have to do because you can’t trust a game’s save system. For all its other flaws, this one is unforgivable and the main reason I have to give Max Payne 3 a thumbs down.
  21. Apr 27, 2016
    [OVERVIEW = 7]
    A third-person shooter defined by time slowing and shootdodging, “adding” cover-based combat and only 2 weapon slots.
    [PRESENTATION = 8] (Visuals = 9) It looks like it’s running on the same (gorgeous) engine as GTA V, with garish flashes in the Tony Scott “Man on Fire” style that fits the South American setting. The levels have great variety while all looking realistic.
    [OVERVIEW = 7]

[PRESENTATION = 8]
    (Visuals = 9) It looks like it’s running on the same (gorgeous) engine as GTA V, with garish flashes in the Tony Scott “Man on Fire” style that fits the South American setting. The levels have great variety while all looking realistic. And it’s cool that Max holds the unused rifle in the other hand while firing his pistol…once…and hardly worth the 2 weapon limit.
    (Sound Effects = 6)
    (Voice Acting = 7)
    (Nvidia 3D Vision = 7) Looks good in 3D, a few shadows are slightly fuzzy.
    (Physics = 8) The Euphoria engine that procedurally mixes ragdolls and animations is beautiful, but while levels have more physics-reacting objects to shoot than most games, it doesn’t appear to have more such objects than Max Payne 2. Certainly there’s no true destruction a' la Stranglehold/BF:Bad Company/Red Faction.
    (Vibration = 4)
    (Plot = 7) This is Rockstar’s version of “Man on Fire,” and while it’s well above ordinary videogame fare, it’s never reaches the overdramatic ridiculousness of the first twos' takes on New York-noir, and I miss the graphic novel-style cutscenes. Cutscenes become skippable after the next bit finishes loading.

[CONTROLS/MECHANICS = 7]
    (100% Third-Person Shooter = 7) It’s a third-person shooter with the recharging abilities to slow time to aim better, or dive forward to invincibly pick off enemies at the risk of being extra vulnerable upon landing. Rockstar Games has hurt this winning formula by adding the cover system from GTA V, which works, but it makes the game less fun than the previous run-n-gun system; at least on “normal” you can ignore taking cover for the most part.
    Mouse controls work well, but the right analog stick for joystick control aiming doesn’t “scale” well: I SHOULD be able to fast-turn by pressing the stick all the way and aim carefully by barely moving the stick. You can adjust the sensitivity, but you either get a joystick speed that’s too fast for careful aiming or too slow for switching directions. A quickturn button (works in slow-mo) helps a bit.
    The other big change is the 2-weapon limit, which DOESN’T come from GTA V, it just comes out of nowhere and ensures that you have less fun than before and run out of ammo constantly. And bizarrely, you have to use a weapon wheel to switch between just three options (dual wield, single wield, rifle) where one “weapon switch” button would be the obvious way to go.
    There’s also no dedicated melee button, which forces you to waste some ammo at near-point blank range until you get closer. And the guns are unimpressive: pistol, shotgun, machine gun.
    There's also a "last stand" limited opportunity to shoot the enemy that killed you to come back to life, and I'm
    disappointed that this has been the ONLY beneficial new mechanic added to the Max Payne formula: There’s no Dead-to-Right-style disarms, or Stranglehold-style rolling trays or railings to ride, or Stranglehold-style physics objects to drop on enemies, no Crackdown-style special attacks or Bulletstorm-style kicking enemies into hazards; it’s just Max Payne 2 remade into the GTA V engine with a few mostly negative tweaks.
    (Camera = 8)
    (Physics = 8) I love the way dives get interrupted if you collide with walls or railings, which makes you assess when to use it, and I like the way the GTA V Euphoria ragdoll engine can have enemies go down without dying, so you have to pump a few extra rounds into enemies to be sure. You can also dive into enemies to knock them back.
    (Friendly AI = none) "Allied" movement appears to be entirely automated.
    (Enemy AI = 7)

[DESIGN = 4]
    [Technicals = 0] I bought the Steam version, but the first day it wouldn’t work because the Rockstar Social Club website that runs their anticonsumer DRM was offline, costing me an hour of my life trying to figure out if I forgot to install something. Steam really needs to put its foot down and refuse to sell games unless they eliminate their SECOND layer of DRM (i.e., GamesforWindowsLive/Uplay/etc.). From then on it ran fine, although loading times are an ass.
    (Menus = 7)
    (Level Design = 7) Levels are linear, and I like the mixing between run-and-gun, rail shooting, dodging a sniper, being a sniper, etc.
    (Difficulty Curve = 7)
    (Upgrade System = none)
    (Modes = Singleplayer campaign (10 hours, 5% padding), Challenge modes, Competitive Multiplayer)
    It’s a good campaign with only a few enforced-slow-walk sequences and collectibles you can ignore. The multiplayer works fine (it’s a normal shooter but any player can put his bonus time-slow into effect that affects everyone) but didn’t hold my attention, and these days online play is uninhabited by human players.

[OVERALL]
    Fun enough, but kind of a disappointment given that Max Payne was previously one of my favorite series. Stranglehold, a game 5 years older, took the mantle of being the better third-person shootdodge/diving game.
  22. Apr 6, 2016
    İyiydi güzeldi ama bi Max Payne değildi be. Oyunda Max Payne diyince aklımıza ne geliyorsa değiştirmişler. İlk 2 oyuna nazaran Hikayesi de Max'in yalnızlığı ve psikolojik sorunları değil de "Adamı vur sonra merdivenden çık bi adam daha var, onu da ibnelik olsun diye orada beklettik" tarzında Rockstar tarafından işlenmiş ve bir ayyaş güvenlik şefini kontrol ediyoruz, dikkat edin "Max Payne"İyiydi güzeldi ama bi Max Payne değildi be. Oyunda Max Payne diyince aklımıza ne geliyorsa değiştirmişler. İlk 2 oyuna nazaran Hikayesi de Max'in yalnızlığı ve psikolojik sorunları değil de "Adamı vur sonra merdivenden çık bi adam daha var, onu da ibnelik olsun diye orada beklettik" tarzında Rockstar tarafından işlenmiş ve bir ayyaş güvenlik şefini kontrol ediyoruz, dikkat edin "Max Payne" demedim. Zira diğer iki oyunu bundan ayırt eden olayı ise hikayede harita ile etkileşime geçip çeşitli bulmacaları tamamlayarak belirli bir amaç doğrultusunda hareket etmemiz,, bu oyunda ise "Adam vur -ara sahne- adam vur -ara sahne" tarzında ilerliyor, evet oynarken zevk alıyorsunuz ama onlar da eski oyunlarda da bulunan Bullet Time olayı sayesinde zira bu oyunun 10 saat uzunluğunda bir GTA görevinden farkı olmazdı. Oyun resmen sadece adam vurup merdiven çıkmamıza yönelik yapılmış. Eskilerdeki o kasvet ve yalnızlık olsa bile bu iş olmazdı. Expand
  23. Feb 25, 2016
    Best game out in the last six months of 2012. Amazing gameplay, nice graphics, unique optimization, not bad multiplayer. This game everyone should to try! Good job Rockstar.
  24. Jan 3, 2016
    Awesome story and world design. Amazing graphics with excellent combat. Interesting main character.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 8
    Immersion: 10
    Story: 10
  25. Dec 27, 2015
    At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game,At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game, it'll take you for one hell of a ride. Expand
  26. Dec 26, 2015
    Max Payne 3 is so on rails it's heading straight off a broken bridge at full speed. I haven't played a more quick-time event heavy shooter which feels the need to inconvenience the player at every possible situation. You're constantly stripped of your weapons and put in the worst cover areas imaginable before unskippable cutscenes.

The game quickly becomes incredibly frustrating and

The game quickly becomes incredibly frustrating and expects you to know where every single enemy will come from. It's not fun to shoot 50 bad guys at every single encounter, with ammunition and bullet-time being so scarce it becomes tiresome pretty quickly.

I have no idea what Rockstar was thinking turning Max Payne into some AAA cover shooter, the ending isn't gratifying either. The story elements are predictable forcing every depressing lame line of dialog out of the protagonist every 5 minutes. The game plays and paces like a typical bad Hollywood movie with plenty of explosions to keep the more simple minded players engaged.

I did not have fun and I don't believe many others will either, even fans of the cover shooter genre. I don't have much good to say other than the graphics and animations are excellent along with the voice acting. Max writing is pretty dry and relies on his persistent hard boiled nature too heavily; he just comes across as a depressing low life fool wishing to be killed at every opportunity. Great game 5/10.
  27. Dec 17, 2015
    Overall : 9
  28. Dec 16, 2015
    MP3 is disappointment.

MP3 is disappointment.

Story is boring and predictable. Max Payne character is not depressive ex-cop who has nothing to lose anymore, but stupid brute alcoholic. Everything yelling on him for whole game: "ITS A TRAP! ITS A BACK-STAB!" Still our "genius" has no clue about what's going on. "I must protect woman/i didn't save woman again" theme is really annoying too. Unnecessary flashbacks included.
    Also story took place in Brazil instead of gloomy New York streets, which means lack of atmosphere. We don't have noir/gangster movie feeling we had in first two games.
    Controls and camera can be awful from time to time. Sometimes you cant see target behind Max's head, sometimes headshots don't kill an enemy (without helmet), aiming is bad. Combat system is mix of "behind cover" action and "bullettime". Guess what? Way easier to stand behind cover manually and fire without using "bulettime". If you have painkiller and you have been shot, you need to kill a guy who killed you in slo-mo to revive yourself. It's broken. If you have been shot from behind or your gun isn't loaded you are dead anyway. Besides that, after successful "reviving" Max Payne lies on a ground like bag of trash which makes him a good target. Game uses cut-scene often to show us how Max Payne entering next room. It automatically switches your currently weapon to pistol or submachinegun even if its have no ammo. So you need to switch your weapon to rifle or shotgun again. After cut-scenes doors close behind you with no reason and Max Payne automatically chooses dumbest cover in a room with bunch of bad guys. How lame is that?
    Plus game have few chapter with AI partner which means a lot of unskippable cut-scenes and we forced to watch this hear stupid lines like "Take care!" or "Ok just keep it quiet!" or "We need to took him down!" repeatable. Boring.

Some levels are fun and killing are pretty satisfying though. Still this game is more like mediocre GTA spin-off than Max Payne game.
  29. Oct 27, 2015
    Unlike other games in the series, Max Payne 3 attempts to address social issues instead of the main character’s personal issues, such as police violence, the gap between the rich and the poor and drug trafficking in Brasil.

Here, the rich try to live the American life style, while the poor are slaughtered. Payne witnesses a favela raid and a prison riot, in scenes reminiscent of some Brazilian movies like City of God, Carandiru and Elite Squad.

Even after facing a satanic gang, Max Payne is still surprised by the violence of the Brazilian police. In this game, the police are the real enemy, not gangsters. The police are involved in the most heinous crimes, with the support of a corrupt politician. This becomes clear when the gang boss becomes the victim, and Max Payne allows him to kill the doctor who was involved in organ trafficking.

The game features a São Paulo dominated by organized and disorganized crime. A Brasil that worships football, where poor people are killed by the police, while the rich are vying with each other through drug watered parties. Is this so far from reality?

There are two interesting characters: the American ex-cop who does volunteer work in Brazil, and the sex tourist. Both sides of the relationship between Brazilians and Americans. But in the end, Payne is the one who breaks the leg of the corrupt politician. Not unlike any american action movie, after all.
  30. Oct 15, 2015
    The worst 3rd person shooter i have ever seen . No AI. bad graphics . meaningless faces. 1 man against 1000 kills atmosphere . Not a realistic game just a shooter for kid to have fun some time..

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]