Max Payne 3 PC

7.6

1. Jul 10, 2016
    Un juego muy divertido, con buena acción, espectacular, buena historia. Sus contras es que ya por la mitad del juego, no cambia la jugabilidad ni nada importante y se hace muy repetitivo, pero es un muy buen juego para comprar en ofertas. El final me pareció muy decepcionante.
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    Max Payne 3 is a rare case of me expecting very specific things from a game and getting exactly those things out of it. While it bears a few of the trappings of modern shooters, these do not dare hold back the torrent of classic Max Payne action- unforgiving, pitched gun battles, metaphor-laden, hard-boiled detective monologuing, bullet time, diving dodges, and Max's continuing journeyMax Payne 3 is a rare case of me expecting very specific things from a game and getting exactly those things out of it. While it bears a few of the trappings of modern shooters, these do not dare hold back the torrent of classic Max Payne action- unforgiving, pitched gun battles, metaphor-laden, hard-boiled detective monologuing, bullet time, diving dodges, and Max's continuing journey into the depths of his own personal hell. This is one instance where Rockstar's flair for grim violence and depressing storytelling is wholly appropriate to the subject matter. The multiplayer however, is a horribly unbalanced, blink-and-your-dead **** much like a certain other more popular Rockstar title. Regardless, I didn't buy this game for another boring multiplayer grindfest. I bought it because it's Max ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Payne, and that's why you should buy it too, so grab a fistful of painkillers and lay down the law. No Payne, no gain. Expand
  3. Feb 25, 2016
    Best game out in the last six months of 2012. Amazing gameplay, nice graphics, unique optimization, not bad multiplayer. This game everyone should to try! Good job Rockstar.
  4. Jan 3, 2016
    Awesome story and world design. Amazing graphics with excellent combat. Interesting main character.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 8
    Immersion: 10
    Story: 10
  5. Dec 27, 2015
    At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game,At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game, it'll take you for one hell of a ride. Expand
  6. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  7. Oct 27, 2015
    Unlike other games in the series, Max Payne 3 attempts to address social issues instead of the main character’s personal issues, such as police violence, the gap between the rich and the poor and drug trafficking in Brasil.

Here, the rich try to live the American life style, while the poor are slaughtered. Payne witnesses a favela raid and a prison riot, in scenes reminiscent of some Brazilian movies like City of God, Carandiru and Elite Squad.

Even after facing a satanic gang, Max Payne is still surprised by the violence of the Brazilian police. In this game, the police are the real enemy, not gangsters. The police are involved in the most heinous crimes, with the support of a corrupt politician. This becomes clear when the gang boss becomes the victim, and Max Payne allows him to kill the doctor who was involved in organ trafficking.

The game features a São Paulo dominated by organized and disorganized crime. A Brasil that worships football, where poor people are killed by the police, while the rich are vying with each other through drug watered parties. Is this so far from reality?

There are two interesting characters: the American ex-cop who does volunteer work in Brazil, and the sex tourist. Both sides of the relationship between Brazilians and Americans. But in the end, Payne is the one who breaks the leg of the corrupt politician. Not unlike any american action movie, after all.
  8. Aug 1, 2015
    I'm enjoying the game. One of the best I played.
    Beautiful graphics. Great storyline. And the traditions of original Max Payne are kept.
    There was nothing i disliked about the game.
  9. Jun 2, 2015
    BOY, was this game fun!!!!
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    Beautifully executed, this game kept me hanging on till the end. Play on Hard right away, and you will have some real memorable challenge that could be remembered from first two games. Brilliantly engineered mechanics and good graphics are not even what make this game so epic. The
    BOY, was this game fun!!!!
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    The Story is indeed great, and ending is satisfying.
    I have very little time for Video Games, and i dont regret one bit spending those hours to be truly entertained.
    This is GOTY 2012 so far!!! Don't hesitate, to buy this amazing work. There is only one negative aspect: if you die, you cant scip long scenematics, but who cares?
  10. May 26, 2015
    My opinion!: My favorite game of all time, played it through 5-6 times and I just keep going back every 5-6 months. There's just some kind of satisfaction I get from this game, the 80's action movie style of this game just melts my brain. It's just too perfect for me. My favorite soundtrack too... Just so weird... Max Payne will you marry me?
  11. May 13, 2015
    I've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happenI've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happen next. The game balances action (player shooting) with the story-telling (cinematic interludes) and thus moves the whole plot with highly lubricated efficiency. I really-really enjoyed this game for this specific quality - ability to grab me, plunge into the story, which as a player i am part of to such an extent that i cannot stop playing. Amazing game. Expand
  12. Apr 25, 2015
    It's like uncharted in neo-noir sauce. If you want 10 hours of epic bullet shots and dark history with awesome monologues of protagonist, go to the shop.
  13. Mar 9, 2015
    "There it was, like a cheap bottle of bourbon at a discount liquor store, on sale and just begging for me to play it; I knew I was in for a long night." And indeed I was, because 'Max Payne 3' is one of the best stories that I've watched unfold in quite a while. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that this game has far too many cut-scenes for anyone to find the story even"There it was, like a cheap bottle of bourbon at a discount liquor store, on sale and just begging for me to play it; I knew I was in for a long night." And indeed I was, because 'Max Payne 3' is one of the best stories that I've watched unfold in quite a while. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that this game has far too many cut-scenes for anyone to find the story even remotely engrossing, that nobody buys a game to watch it - they buy it to play it, and I probably would have agreed with you early on in the story. But after around the third act, I stopped caring that the cut-scenes were constantly interrupting the gameplay, and sat back and began treating 'Max Payne 3' as a fantastic interactive movie, eagerly awaiting the next scene to move the story along.

"All that is gold does not glitter, or at least that's what I was told before the world decided to stab me in the back and twist the knife." Another aspect that made this game extremely fun to watch is how pretty the graphics are, and how stylized the look feels while maintaining that gritty undertone that made the original 'Max Payne' so enjoyable. The action here is on par with what you would expect from a blockbuster movie, the writing is just as clever as the earlier 'Max Payne' games, and hearing Max speak that drunken philosophy of a man who has it all figured out but just doesn't care is great to hear again. The entire game just feels very reminiscent of the earlier releases, while managing to feel fresh and new at the same time.

"They say it's the small things that make life worth living, funny, I guess I never got that memo." I love how 'Max Payne' takes out some of the most annoying aspects of games these days. Like having to press a button to climb a ladder, or open a door, or interact with anything. Or how Max automatically reloads his gun or begins to walk just before a cut-scene. It's tiny details like this that made this game especially enjoyable for me to play through. Aside from that 'Max Payne 3' stays fairly true to the original, and I know some people really hated the addition of cover, but for me, it still feels like the 'Max Payne' that I grew up loving. If you were a fan of the Max Payne of old, you're sure to like the new and improved one as well. "It was over faster than it began, like an hour with a harlot, the time had come to finish."
  14. Feb 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the gameI'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the game immersive and movie-like. First playthrough I did not skip anything because I was genuninely intrigued by the story and voice acting. When replaying missions though, they do get boring but it's not really a big issue for me though. I still found myself playing through all the levels over and over again, collecting the golden guns. The gameplay mechanics are very comfortable. The controls are well refined, which is a huge problem in many of the recent games. The animations are fluid and the gameplay is just really fast. The shooting is very satisfying especially when you see the bullets in slow motion decimating the goons. The game is challenging at times especially if you play on hard, but I was never stuck on any level for too long. This may be a small thing but the ambience and music is also very fitting and motivating. I absolutely love the soundtrack. To summarise, I think this game is absolutely brilliant and very entertaining. I had more fun playing this than GTA V honestly. If you are considering buying this game, I'd say just go for it. Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2014
    FANTASTIC game. One of the best action games i have ever play. I found better from previous max payne games because may payne 3 has better gameplay, more locations , good story and is ROCKSTAR... A must buy. MAX PAYNE 3 deserve BETTER sales. I hope for similar max payne 4 from Rockstar
  16. Dec 15, 2014
    Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives.Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives. From what I know, the game stayed a lot of time in development, but, in my opinion, even a game came out so good that I take at least 10 hours related to PC. Animation and frameworks that have been used games give an air of film, which can sometimes feel like you're watching a movie.

Story 14/15
    Extra 4/5
    Replay Value 5/5

Last score: 96
  17. Dec 3, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creoEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  18. Nov 24, 2014
    I have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing hisI have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing his favorite tune on the piano before being thrown into yet another heroic gun battle. It not only kept all the charm of the previous series, but has managed to add so much more! Well done Rockstar for creating another piece of unforgettable video game history! Expand
  19. Sep 9, 2014
    I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You have to play this on PC to get the full experience - 60fps and max settings make this a gorgeous, slick, and smooth as **** ride to get through. Seriously, I didn't even care about the complete linearity of the game, because I wanted to stay on the beaten track so much.

James McCaffrey nails it once again as Max Payne. 9.4/10.
  20. Aug 12, 2014
    Great graphics, story, and gameplay. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10, but giving it a 10 to offset stupid reviews that give it a 0 just because it wasn't a game you assumed it was. A 0 should only be given to a game that is completely unplayable, aka it doesn't run at all and you couldn't play a single minute of the game.

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a lot of cut scenes and a lot of action. Very enjoyable.
  21. Jun 25, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadasEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    I'm simply amazed by the effort that Rockstar put into the development of the PC version. I have heard that this one is not a port, but a game that was simultaneously developed along with its console counterparts. By seeing the way Rockstar optimized this game for PC, I can, without a doubt, say that GTA V on PC is going to be pretty awesome.
  23. Jun 6, 2014
    I really miss the old style 'noir' in previous games, but without affecting nostalgia, is a quite acceptable sequel and a very good shooter. (oh! and the music its just perfect)
  24. May 27, 2014
    Egyszerűen remek játék volt. Történet persze ismerős lehet de a játék dinamikája és a hangulata oda szegez a géphez és nem enged... A fő szereplőt a lehető legjobban találták el, azonosulni pedig 1-2 ember biztos fog (köztük én is) majd vele. A zenék pedig zseniálisak itt ott noir de ez miért lenne baj... Remélem lesz Max Payne 4 is...
  25. May 25, 2014
    One of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quitOne of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quit **** and go be a badass. Expand
  26. May 11, 2014
    Nine years. That’s long it took for Max Payne to get his **** together and return to the stage. Our beloved action hero might have aged, grew some white hair and wrinkles but his moves remained sharp and polished. He is still the killing machine who once extinguished half New-York’s underworld for his loved ones.

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org This time around we find Max in the

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org

This time around we find Max in the sunny Brazil instead of the snowy streets of the Big Apple. It’s a nice, but sometimes strange change of scenery. He’s working for the Bronco family as their bodyguard, but as usually things turn upside down pretty quickly around him. The narrative is a masterpiece. We jump in time back and forth as the story unfolds, because hey, guess what even our hero doesn’t know everything. A dark plot is growing around him and he has to act on his instincts to keep himself and the others alive while he slowly findis out his part in the grand scheme. It’s a really well written story with major turns and very effective scenes and if there’s one thing that topples that it’s Max’s script. James McCaffrey brings the best to make us feel that we are playing an interactive story. His lines are funny, witty and sad in the same time, but we don’t have much time to stop and think about it because the next shootout will surely interrupt our thoughts.

Yes, the gunplay occupies the major part of the game. It’s very cinematic. The master of the bullet time returns and he has some new tricks up in his sleeves. It’s a superb mechanic that works very well in most cases. As for usual, our health doesn’t regenerate so we have to pop up some painkiller bottles every now and then to ease the pain. What is a minor letdown that – and in this matter the game still resonates with its predecessors – there is really only one way how to handle things. Kill them, shoot them, burn them, explode them. You can’t take any silent routes there as enemies will almost instantly see you if you get out of cover. As a matter of fact, the AI is so super aware that enemies will know where you are and how to flank you even if you switch cover and they weren’t looking at the time. This is what makes the game very frustrating sometimes. It’s simply too difficult even on normal settings and there’s really no room for error or you’re dead. Add that to the fact that it will take around 3-4 bullets to take you down and you’ve got a very tough game. The devs probably acknowledged this fact in the late stage of the production as it seems they tried to put some lifelines for the players. For starters there is a more than forgiving checkpoint system. After almost all of the rooms you’ve cleared you get a checkpoint. Also there is this lifeline when you fail a couple of times in the same place and the game gives you a pill, like saying “hey, we know it’s difficult, try with this!”

The game looks absolutely astonishing. Emphasis was put on every detail, every little object. Most of the characters look real-like mostly Max Payne. Every wrinkle on his face has a story behind it. Every cut scene is in-game which makes the story even more believable. To be honest you’ll see one in every five minutes or so. For some it could be too much, but it develops the story in a unique way.

Even tough the gameplay can get repetitive towards the end – after all what you only do in the 10-12 hours of the SP campaign is kill an army of enemies – this is one of the best third person shooters in recent years. Max moves and shoots like he did in his thirties and past events has only made him more badass. He’s became hands down one of the greatest action heroes without super powers in gaming from the last decade. Well, he might have a super power after all; I guess his luck really never runs out.

Time to beat: 12 hours
    Replay Value: 2/5
    In one word: Badass
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 83

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org
  27. Apr 14, 2014
    This game is pretty godamn good. The best thing is that it's like modern games but it stays true to the series. The shooting is solid and also the cover system. The Bullet Time is cooler than ever but the **** annoying video affects shouldn't be in the game even if they wanted to show that Max is in hangover. This game is very good and you should buy it.
  28. Mar 31, 2014
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.
    Now - to get this straight - this game isn't for anybody and especially the first hour is painful because there is pretty much nothing but cutscenes. And this pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the game.
    Where's the fun in it? The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.

Where's the fun in it?
    The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne talking nothing but garbage and how miserable everything is. This all however in a voice that makes it seem like they were being serious.
    While the game's self-awareness might be subtle at first glance it becomes pretty clear the more you progress in the game constantly getting close ups of you being killed, enemies being killed and exponentially raising the body count.

This however is a lot different to the atmosphere of the first 2 installments of Max Payne - but those were different times and afaic it would have felt outdated if they sticked with it.
    Instead we get a satiric approach to the action game genre with the main focus on story telling.

Now to the bad parts:
    Last shot feature often **** up and you hang in there for 15 seconds waiting until you can finally hit continue
    Shooting from cover sometimes **** up
    Quite a few times you get thrown into enemies shooting at you literally half a second after the cutscene is finished and you not being in cover.

Personal Overall score: 93%
  29. Mar 30, 2014
    The best Third Person Shooter i've ever played. It was kinda hard to complete some parts of the game but thse story, graphics and controls are just awesome! I really recommend this game (Even if you haven't played other "Max Payne" games.
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Loved it, nice action, nice graphics, story is good, it's like a movie, forget about been super realistic, it's more like a novel, loved it. Also as a multilingual person, I loved how Portuguese sounded through the whole game, much like Elite Squad, Spanish was ok, but that gave the game an extra touch of immersion. Very nice game, totally recommending it.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]