Max Payne 3 PC

7.7

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow, kudos to Rockstar. Seriously, It's like you had Croteam advise you on how to resurrect a franchise. I was a big fan of the original Max Payne's nail biting, "did I use too many painkillers?", get the first shot game play, and that is exactly what Rockstar gave me. This game is well optimized for the PC, and looks and feels great. I cracked into the old MPs like a week or twoWow, kudos to Rockstar. Seriously, It's like you had Croteam advise you on how to resurrect a franchise. I was a big fan of the original Max Payne's nail biting, "did I use too many painkillers?", get the first shot game play, and that is exactly what Rockstar gave me. This game is well optimized for the PC, and looks and feels great. I cracked into the old MPs like a week or two before this came out, and the game play transition from playing old to new felt natural, which is a great sign. This game might have garnered a perfect score from me were it not for minor things, like inability to control the flow of cut scenes, some excessive load times and the sometimes frustrating nature of Rockstar social club's utility. These can all be corrected with a single patch, however, that I have seen. Those people giving this game a 0 solely based on the cut scene annoyance really need to stop and separate their anger from reality before they review something. Sure, it's a glaring flaw, but it's not game-breaking. Game play is solid, story is still total Max Payne, graphics and features are tight, added multi-player is a blast....where are these scads of 3PS's that in their eyes were done better? That is in fact Rhetoric.....because they don't exist. We could use a patch or two, but still, great job Rockstar, and I highly recommend this game to any old fan of Max Payne, or anybody who really likes a challenging third person shooter. (It's also one of the harder shooters to come out lately) MAX PAYNE IS BACK!! Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Una buena historia, aunque sale totalmente de lo que fue el Max Payne 1 y 2, muy buenos graficos, y muy bien optimizado para pc,
    Sonido:9
    Graficos:10
    Jugabilidad:9
    Historia:9
    Contenido:7
    Disfrute mucho pasando el juego, me parece uno de los mejores del 2012.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    This is an awesome game none stop action, story is great, game time not too bad all in all a great Max Payne game for the franchise. I give it a 9.5
  4. Jan 26, 2013
    I love this game. Although the gameplay is a some what repetitive, the story is amazing and the graphics beautiful. Bullet Time is better than ever and you will need it to stay alive, because this game is hard. The only thing that's wrong about the story is that almost everyone dies, but the rest of the story is perfect. I also think that this game has one of the most underratedI love this game. Although the gameplay is a some what repetitive, the story is amazing and the graphics beautiful. Bullet Time is better than ever and you will need it to stay alive, because this game is hard. The only thing that's wrong about the story is that almost everyone dies, but the rest of the story is perfect. I also think that this game has one of the most underrated multiplayer modes of all time, it's extremely deep and fun. Too bad almost no one plays it. If you like crime movies, good stories, slow motion and just a well made game, pick this one up. Expand
  5. Dec 25, 2012
    Great game,as good as the first one.I've seen Max Payne evolve over the years and it never let me down.
    The multiplayer is extremely good,I've had a lot of fun.The DLCs are cheap and often useful.The SP was also great,the flashback part brought back some memories and even if you never played Max Payne before you'd still understand what this game is all about.
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    I select easy ok EASY. For me when a put a game in easy, is because I want to finish it but not with Max Payne 3 For Roch Stars easy equal hard. Impossible to finish this game unless a good gamer can be but I'm a casual. Yet another waste of money for me.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    This is a brilliant game, I loved the graphics, the game play was smooth and the cinematics was awesome. I would have given it a 10/10 if my game play time was more than 11 hours though.
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    Why do they say: "it's not Max Payne", "it's not the game but the movie", "it's boring"? Just why?
    It IS Max Payne like the previous parts, we have an angry gringo dealing with the whole army of enemies and not dying after infinite shots on him. We have our favourite PayneKillers, our Favourite Bullet Time, our favourite dismal hero who likes to comment his every step. And it is great, don't you think?
    Yes, it IS like a movie. And what about two previous parts? Especially MP2 was similar to a good film every time I played it. So now instead graphic novels we have cinematographic cut scenes which make all the game being like a movie and this movie is much more interesting than plenty of real movies. And it is interactive. It is just an evolution of previous parts, and it is well done. What's wrong with it? If you want just to shoot, go play Counter-Strike. Besides, I can play and replay MP and MP2 without any attention to the story: I can just skip novels and go on killing bastards. Here I at least know what was all this about.
    And now, if we're speaking about the story... Is it really boring? Or maybe previous plots were so amazing that if they are made as books their author will definitely win the Nobel Prize for them? No. If you think MP3 has the dull scenario just give up your grumbling and make a descent one.
    Oh, the gameplay, of course. Don't you think it is greatly improved? We have much more realistic weapons (and more of them, at last). An interesting and useful "last chance" mode. Max even started to use covers (awesome improvement) and enemies even have slim rudiments of AI. Add here a well done multi-player with many game types. Is it really so bad as you speak about it?..
  9. Dec 15, 2013
    I didn't bother playing this game on any difficulty under "hard" and it seems like that's the way the game was meant to be played.

The gameplay is very fun. You keep a feeling of mortality the entire time and thus have to carefully plan out your moves or else be forced to replay the scene. Every room is well designed for an action-packed gunfight, even though it really leaves it entirely up to you how you will go about it.

As many people have said and been outraged with, the cutscenes can be long, and it takes a bit before you can skip them. I had no problem with this, however, as the story is very good. If you expect to replay the campaign several hundred times or suffer from untreated ADHD, this might bother you. Otherwise it only contributes to the masterpiece.

The graphics are absolutely stunning. Especially for the time of release, but even still. The environments are full of life in the immediate area, and the distant scenery immerses you in the setting. The environments are constantly changing, from a nightclub rooftop, to the Panama Canal, to the dark, snowy streets of Hoboken. The constant changes in scenery keep things very interesting whilst at the same time aiding the plot.

The violence is pretty extreme (a plus, in my opinion) and gives you a view of bullets entering the faces of your enemies as they wince in pain. You can usually tell when you've scored a kill, not only because the reticule changes color but also because of an awesome spurt of blood from the enemy's head/face.

The entire way through, Max also mutters hundreds of cynical and sometimes hilarious comments about whatever is happening. It's easy to become attached to the main characters with all of the depth and detail that Rockstar provided. With the added subtleties and implications in the story, I think this could easily make a great film

It's disappointing to see so many unsatisfied players and bad reviews. This game instantly made its way to my all-time favorites. I would recommend it to anyone.

... But make sure you play it on hard difficulty!
  10. Dec 23, 2013
    In my opinion May Payne 3 was the best computer game in this genre. Because the graphics was very good (it was released in 01. Juni 2012) and the game play too. I liked the location in brazil a lot. Rock on!

9/ 10 because you can skip the cut szenes.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    I highly recommend this game The game has a very good storyline nice gameplay and authentic characters There is no reason why you shouldn't buy it This game is amazing
  12. Dec 3, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creoEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  13. Mar 10, 2014
    Loved it, nice action, nice graphics, story is good, it's like a movie, forget about been super realistic, it's more like a novel, loved it. Also as a multilingual person, I loved how Portuguese sounded through the whole game, much like Elite Squad, Spanish was ok, but that gave the game an extra touch of immersion. Very nice game, totally recommending it.
  14. Jun 1, 2012
    This is great game. Performance was good, story was good. Little problem was cut scene. Actually, cut scene itself was not so bad, whole campaign looks like one action movie, but some times cut scene part was so long. Excepting that problem, Single play was awesome.
  15. Jul 17, 2012
    I really think it's interesting that people complain about loading time, difficulty, and the inability to skip cutscenes.

It's a big game people, the graphics need to be loaded. It's 30 gigabytes because of the amount of graphics. If you think this game is hard, then you need help, try playing the first two games, those were hard. The fact that it's not an open world shooter is part of the Max Payne gameplay, it's not GTA, it's a story driven shoot-everything-that-moves bullet fest. Sure there is cover, but there's not recharging health which occupies so many games today. The graphics are very impressive and the gameplay is solid. Rockstar did a good job with the controls seeing as I never had to touch the options section.

The reason there are long cutscenes is because the game is loading behind them, I for one prefer something to look at while the game is loading rather than a little bar or spinning circle.

Based on what people are saying, they need to go play the first games before writing another review.

Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Story 10/10
    Replayability 10/10

Overall one of the best games I've played this year.
  16. Jun 22, 2012
    Yes the game has issues like longer cut-scenes and stupid ways to narratethe comic style narration and a totally non existing story. otherwise, its a very good shooter with nie physics, great design and good graphics .
  17. Jun 18, 2012
    What can I say? A cutscene around every corner? control of max taken from me every five minutes? It almost feels like they wanted to make a movie. 10/10 for being a great game. 20/10 for being a great movie as well.
  18. Jun 10, 2012
    Very good game despite some irritating stuff (yes, too many cut-scenes and CoD level). Amazing graphics (very good optimized PC version), perfect animation, detailed world, superb sound... To be clear, it is not Max Payne what I expected but it is still very good Max Payne. There is no noir atmosphere from predecessors but I was prepared for that. It is not a perfect game but if you canVery good game despite some irritating stuff (yes, too many cut-scenes and CoD level). Amazing graphics (very good optimized PC version), perfect animation, detailed world, superb sound... To be clear, it is not Max Payne what I expected but it is still very good Max Payne. There is no noir atmosphere from predecessors but I was prepared for that. It is not a perfect game but if you can forgive minor flows definitely worth buying. Expand
  19. Jun 17, 2012
    Just finished playing the last level of Max Payne 3. What an amazing game!

Pros: Gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, level design, voice acting. Controls are optimized, and the game runs well on older PCs. Almost every level has a breathtaking action sequence that made me admire how epic it was. The mix of cutscenes and gameplay works great, and makes the game more exciting. Cons: The
    Just finished playing the last level of Max Payne 3. What an amazing game!

Cons: The game is a bit too long, and it could have done without a couple of levels, which are not as exciting as the rest of the game.
  20. Jun 1, 2012
    Impressing game. At first I though Rockstar would do a lame console port like many games are nowadays, but I was impressed. Especially the graphics and performance of the engine are great. The story seems to be great once again and a worthy successor for Max Payne I & II. The controls are well done, you won't just randomly jump off a ledge because of laggy controls. Also the controls areImpressing game. At first I though Rockstar would do a lame console port like many games are nowadays, but I was impressed. Especially the graphics and performance of the engine are great. The story seems to be great once again and a worthy successor for Max Payne I & II. The controls are well done, you won't just randomly jump off a ledge because of laggy controls. Also the controls are pretty well done for Keyboard & Mouse.

This game features modern technology and the engine is running very well. Among Direct X11 (also supported: DX9, DX10, DX10.1) players are able to set Anti-aliasing modes and many different settings like texture and model details. Also there is support for tessellation when in DX11 mode. All in all this game is one of the best games of the last years and it pushes my hopes up for the upcoming GTA:V to be a greater success than GTA:IV.
  21. unK
    Jun 2, 2012
    It's a different game from Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2. That being said, it's quite a short game, about 6 hours (on medium). This game is like an interactive film. You can pause every millisecond of the action, not very useful btw. Technically, this pc version is really enjoyable. There are lot of graphics options, high-resolution textures, animations and effects (the attention put intoIt's a different game from Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2. That being said, it's quite a short game, about 6 hours (on medium). This game is like an interactive film. You can pause every millisecond of the action, not very useful btw. Technically, this pc version is really enjoyable. There are lot of graphics options, high-resolution textures, animations and effects (the attention put into the details is truly insane!). Now the gameplay. I think the gameplay is nice, well by default it's ok, mouse works like a charm, you even have a little tutorial at beginning... where it is more complicated is in the Multiplayer. There a lots of movements Max can do, he also can throw grenades, make rolls, use bullet-time, and get some tiny time to aim!
    The cinematic experience is good. Definitely above any classical scenario.
    The whole game is great, but they missed the masterpiece, at least for me.
  22. Jun 3, 2012
    As an avid Max Payne fan this game ticks all of the boxes.. I can't get enough of it.

Be it the Art Direction, fluidity of the gunplay/animations, story, gorgeous graphics - It's just oozing with quality. Rockstar have really outdone themselves with this. This is no crappy console port either, it's optimized brilliantly and looks/plays amazing with a mouse/kb. Multiplayer is just a bonus

Multiplayer is just a bonus and gang wars is loads of fun.
  23. Jun 3, 2012
    Very impressive. A few graphical hiccups - but a wholesome, thrilling and paced game. Haven't played the previous Max Payne games, and this has been an excellent game nonetheless, and has in fact bolstered by knowledge of the overall trilogy?
  24. Jun 4, 2012
    I was greatly surprised by my play through of Max Payne 3. All the elements that made the older games great were still present. It was a great example as to why games do not need sandboxes in order to be great. The old fashion scripted game play worked magnificently in the gritty story that is Max Payne 3. From the moment you pick up the action it's a heated ride from start to finish. TheI was greatly surprised by my play through of Max Payne 3. All the elements that made the older games great were still present. It was a great example as to why games do not need sandboxes in order to be great. The old fashion scripted game play worked magnificently in the gritty story that is Max Payne 3. From the moment you pick up the action it's a heated ride from start to finish. The story transitions tie each scene together nicely, with zero loading screens I might add. The overall graphics do look amazing but I've grown to expect that with games made by large studios like Rock Star these days. The game play mechanics that make Max Payne stand out worked very well. The bullet time was easy to use as well as the cover and the environmental objects you can use to turn the tide of battle. I've heard complaint of not being able to play through story again because of heavy scripting but I just haven't seen that in my second play through. The enemies appear to react to what is going on around them and have made playing through a second time just as rewarding an experience.

Truthfully this is a solid game on it's own. I have yet to try out the multiplayer yet, but as it stands on single player, I would recommend this game to any action hero fan.
  25. Jun 5, 2012
    Absolutely superb game. beautifully optimised for PC with loads of lovely DX11 goodness added. Wonderful looking game and every bit the Max Payne I wanted it to be. If you liked the first two you must get this. Good to plaY!@!!
  26. Jun 6, 2012
    This is a great example of how videogames are made in 2012. This game has everything - superb action, great story, fascinating cutscenes, which make the game more like a movie than a game, perfect graphics and optimization, memorable soundtrack... This is the kind of game that can truly be regarded to as ART. The best 12 hours I've spent on a game in a long time.
    Multiplayer is also very
    Multiplayer is also very good and interesting, the idea of slowing down the time during an online play is brilliant. Looking at Alan Wake, I think if Remedy had the chance to make Max Payne 3 on their own, it would be almost the same game.
    And for those of you who didn't like the game because "it's not good old Max" - well, it shouldn't be good old Max, it's been almost 10 years, so if you don't like it - do better, Rockstar doesn't owe you anything. THIS is how you make games in 2012, baby! Well done, Rockstar!
  27. zyx
    Jun 8, 2012
    This Game is really epic. Other reviewers dont like the story mode, but for me thats perfect. I like movie driven cut scenes and in fact, you need them. You shoot your way through an unbelievable amount of enemies, so you are happy when you get a break for breathing. The cut Scenes are well placed, as everything in that game. Its perfect balanced and scripted. One of my personal all timeThis Game is really epic. Other reviewers dont like the story mode, but for me thats perfect. I like movie driven cut scenes and in fact, you need them. You shoot your way through an unbelievable amount of enemies, so you are happy when you get a break for breathing. The cut Scenes are well placed, as everything in that game. Its perfect balanced and scripted. One of my personal all time favs. Rockstar merged GTA and LA Noir to a perfect game engine topped with a really thrilling story. Thank you RS for a perfect game experience.. A milestone in game development ! Expand
  28. Jun 8, 2012
    Max Payne is no longer the noir-esque, comic book driven character he was in the first two games. In Max Payne 3, he is a balding, addicted mess and it really shows through his conversations and the numerous cutscenes strewn throughout the game. While some may find these scenes overbearing, I believe that it is a worthy investment to grow closer to the character you are journeying throughMax Payne is no longer the noir-esque, comic book driven character he was in the first two games. In Max Payne 3, he is a balding, addicted mess and it really shows through his conversations and the numerous cutscenes strewn throughout the game. While some may find these scenes overbearing, I believe that it is a worthy investment to grow closer to the character you are journeying through the game with, and ends up being a satisfying pay off. The setting of Sao Paulo is an interesting choice. Rockstar took a gamble with leaving the streets of New York and I truly believe that it paid off. Brazil is widely recognized for being riddled with violence, much as New York has been famous for in the past. The difference is, New York has been done time and time again by game, film studios and other media. The favellas of Brazil provide a refreshing change and are shown as a perfect proving ground for Max in his journey to self realization and catharsis. In the lowest point of the city, Max must find himself and see if he can release his accumulated baggage, and move forward to save countless people from the evils of the rich families. Max Payne 3 is a stellar game. With excellent actors, who communicate through voice and visuals a story of pain and suffering of one of the most interesting characters I have ever witnessed in my gaming history. You will want to travelwith Max on his journey of hardships, fully knowing the consequences of your actions. His moral dilemmas will become yours, and you will help him carry his burden, and suffer others deceit, through this fantastic title. Max Payne does something that most games dare not do, it thrusts you into a world that is **** and forces you to work with it, and never lets up. This is a game that should not be missed by any mature video game fan, and is a must buy in my opinion. Max Payne gets an A

youtube/blazingreview (My review has absolutely been gutted by MetaCritic and a much longer video review is coming up soon on my channel)
  29. Jun 9, 2012
    Graphics- 10
    Gameplay- 8
    Soundtrack- 10 Story- 9 Absolutely incredible game! As a fan of MP1 & 2 i can attest that the "max Payne" feel is still there, even halfway across the world. You dont have to be a fan of the series to enjoy this game though. The graphics are amazing hands down. I'm looking to purchase the soundtrack cause it's that awesome. The game play is fun, engaging and
    Graphics- 10
    Gameplay- 8
    Soundtrack- 10
    Story- 9

Absolutely incredible game! As a fan of MP1 & 2 i can attest that the "max Payne" feel is still there, even halfway across the world. You dont have to be a fan of the series to enjoy this game though. The graphics are amazing hands down. I'm looking to purchase the soundtrack cause it's that awesome. The game play is fun, engaging and challenging with various options such as tactical maneuvers, using cover, crouch and prone while still having a 360 degree firing arc. The story and cut-scenes was also engaging making it difficult to decide that you've played for too long in one sitting. Feels like your playing a 10 million dollar budget Hollywood movie. Only annoyances i really found was the switching of weapons when coming out of a cut scene. takes too long to switch to, drop and pickup a rifle. Also for those looking for the collectible second time around the cut-scenes are a bit long to wait through. Other than that, it's a superb title and a must for anyone into smart FPS'.
  30. Jun 11, 2012
    Great game, better than modern,amazing gameplay,nice graphics,unique optimization,The game run fine in dx11,this game everyone should to try! Good job Rockstar,buy this game now!
  31. Jun 12, 2012
    Spectacularly good. The graphics are excellent, the framerate is smooth, the levels are detailed and expansive. The gunplay mechanic is absolute perfection and I love the new visceral level of violence. The cover system is great and the robust gunplay as a whole facilitates different play-styles depending on what you feel like at the time. For me this game is a new benchmark for shooters.Spectacularly good. The graphics are excellent, the framerate is smooth, the levels are detailed and expansive. The gunplay mechanic is absolute perfection and I love the new visceral level of violence. The cover system is great and the robust gunplay as a whole facilitates different play-styles depending on what you feel like at the time. For me this game is a new benchmark for shooters.

Best of all though - and this is where most other games fall flat - is the solid writing and story delivery. Finally a game where I care about what I'm doing and why. Max Payne is realised in all his resigned, nihilistic, down-and-out glory; a violent, alcoholic John Proctor. Stylistically Rockstar have pushed things with some lovely video filter effects (that emphasise Payne's - typically hungover - state of mind) and a very clever treatment of the comic-book story presentation pioneered by Remedy that integrates flawlessly with the in-game action. Combined with the lively South American setting it all works brilliantly.

Executed to such a high level in every respect, I enjoyed this even more than the previous Max Payne games. Amazing job Rockstar, loved it!
  32. Jun 12, 2012
    Best game i've played since a lot time, thanks you Rockstar. Great scenario, great style, great shooter. A real AAA game. I hope GTA V will the same caliber.
  33. Jun 13, 2012
    Really enjoyed playing this game and thought that the £30 i paid for it was well worth what i got in terms of a overall package in return. I can see that a lot of people are slating the game on its mechanics/cutscenes etc, and i can see why, especially if you've never played the Max Payne series before. The cutscenes masking the loading is a great idea i thought, it explains more ofReally enjoyed playing this game and thought that the £30 i paid for it was well worth what i got in terms of a overall package in return. I can see that a lot of people are slating the game on its mechanics/cutscenes etc, and i can see why, especially if you've never played the Max Payne series before. The cutscenes masking the loading is a great idea i thought, it explains more of the story and embeds itself well into the whole feel of what the game is in its entirety. I've always played Max Payne because i want it to tell me a story, because i am actually interested in the events which befall Max given the events of the previous two games. At first i was worried when the whole story was taken away from NYC, but to be honest rockstar have done a great job in moulding all the new games features into a totally new location. It feels authentic to play. I have also started playing multiplayer, and aside from encountering the odd hacker (unlimited HP) and a few slight problems with the matchmaking, the games and game modes them selves are refreshing, challenging and a hell of a lot of fun to play, which is what i think they were going for! There are tons of guns to buy and upgrade and 'Bursts' to use in game which improve your efficiency on the field, all of which are good fun to work towards. Overall i am pleased to have bought and played MP3 and hope to continue on the multiplayer. I think that the mix of excellent writing, gameplay (minus a few bugs, hence the 9 score!) and good looking graphics is enough to keep most MP3 fans happy. Pc users can also expect better graphical options over the console versions, so if you're running a top end rig, crack up the graphics in DX11, the look great!! Expand
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es la primera vez que encuentro esto para "Juzgar" online y ante personas con criterio; puede ser la primera vez en esopero jugando no es mi primera vez y MAX PAYNE 3 satisface todo lo que un joven en sus vacaciones de verano necesita para alejarse del aburrimiento y de los malos habitos como son muy comunes aqui en Colombia que si no es futbol es plomo y no el elemento quimico como tal, vicio robo y desastre lo que podemos vivir de forma "sana" en los videojuegos como este y otros en especial de la saga rockstar games ;) que siempre me mantiene entretenido en "Cosas malas" que a la vez son muy buenas". Excelente juego Expand
  35. Jun 15, 2012
    Hello everyone, I passed the whole game, and my expectations were met, it is a masterpiece, and more such games from Rockstar"Come in the ass those who do not like this game
  36. Jun 18, 2012
    This is the best thing ever, I simply cannot fathom the level of amazingness within this entire thing; it's simply orgasmic in all aspects (well maybe no smell, but it's pretty damn close.)
  37. Jun 18, 2012
    Excellent game.Good graphics,great gameplay,one of the best action games of 2012.The bullet-time and shootdodge are perfectly representated by Rockstar!But when you knew GTA IV and Read Dead Redemption were great games,you knew this Max Payne 3 was gonna be an Ass-kicker!
  38. Jun 20, 2012
    New game from Rockstar become a new word in genre third-person shooter. New developers added many new elements of gameplay, make excellent graphics and animation. And many many different details. Max Payne... He is really come back.
  39. Jun 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. I have been a fan since the start and I was pleasantly thrilled at the outcome. Solid gameplay and I love the new setting. Adds some spice to the game while keeping to its low down roots. The Mulitplayer is great majority of the times, but there have been server issues with disconnections and resets. Only downfall I have seen for such an outstanding game.
  40. Jun 27, 2012
    exellent game with great story and it s one of the difficult games in this generation. great ia and very nice graphics
  41. Jul 4, 2012
    You idiots will never be satisfied with a modern sequel to a classic game. Emphasis on the 'classic'. Max Payne 3 is a great game and a welcome addition to the franchise. If I had to play another run-and-gun no-cover always-diving with dated graphics, I wouldn't be rating this game so highly. The controls in Max Payne 3 are fluid and much improved over the originals. Max's character andYou idiots will never be satisfied with a modern sequel to a classic game. Emphasis on the 'classic'. Max Payne 3 is a great game and a welcome addition to the franchise. If I had to play another run-and-gun no-cover always-diving with dated graphics, I wouldn't be rating this game so highly. The controls in Max Payne 3 are fluid and much improved over the originals. Max's character and voice acting is superb and is a definite improvement as well. The cover systems keeps the game challenging and intense between all the baddies shooting at you. The cut scenes which everyone **** and moans about disguise the loading screens - a modern improvement to an old concept? Whodda thought! The gameplay is extremely satisfying and rewarding, never gets old even after 10+ hours of play. If you're a fan of the previous instalments of Max Payne, please ignore the idiot reviewers who will never be satisfied with anything other than the original games and do yourself a favour - get Max Payne 3! I've already put twice the time into MP3 than I did either of the originals, because I'm enjoying it so much. Haven't touched multiplayer, just because I only know Max Payne for the single player...but I've heard its a decent addon as well. Expand
  42. Jul 15, 2012
    Great and very solid story, great game play, great graphics. It's been a long time since I played such a good game. Rockstar is really the best. Recommended!
  43. Aug 24, 2012
    Wow, i'm completely thrown off by so many negative scores on the game.
    Wow, i'm completely thrown off by so many negative scores on the game.
    I really don't want to focus too much into all this negative criticism but I have to say that I understand now why games like call of duty which is pretty much a copy paste year after year has become one of the most succesful, best selling games but this same gamers are the ones that give Max Payne 3 a very low score but eat the **** that EA defecates every god forsaken year.
    Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
    I have played all of the Max Payne games and I have to say that this is the best of the franchise.
    The story is compelling, interesting, the one liners are sometimes cheesy but work well with the character. Max can be a bad ass at times and others a bit pathetic, and that makes it feel totally human.
    There has been complaining about not being able to skip cutscenes, apparently the game loads the map while playing the cutscenes, so you dont see a friggin "Loading game" screen ever. I rather see the story than a black screen, thank you very much Rockstar.
    Talking about Rockstar there is one thing that really muddles the narrative, the constant flash of the screen, and the highlight of certain words that the characters are saying, I have a hard time trying to describe this. I mean it's fine for a while but after 10 hours of gameplay, it gets old and by the time you get to the end, you hate it.
    The graphics aren't ground breaking but look well enough, I was amazed about the amount of details put on the scenery, specially when playing through the favelas, evidently they put a lot of work into making them look realistic. I played in a 40 inch screen at 1920x1080 and game looks very nice and plays smoothly and I dont have a high end video card.
    The controls are responsive most of the times, cover works fine, despite what some people might say, although there is one flaw, going from cover to cover sucks big time.
    One thing I dont understand is the laser beam on the weapons. it just doesn't work well, its more an annoyance than anything else. I dont get why should we have it when i'm playing in third person and I have a **** dot on the middle of the screen. the dot beats any laser that the guns may have, that is just silly.
    The game mechanics are true to the series, they added some little tweaks here and there like the infamous last stand, it is all good to me in this matter.
    The difficulty of the game might be frustrating to some people, if you dont like to die, well you won't be happy because you die a lot, you can't just ram the whole game through your enemies, there are times where you have to think how to approach them. In hard difficulty the games offers a challenge unlike other games. I think games are too easy nowadays.
    In conclusion, the game is solid fun, the story is interesting, Max Payne is an interesting character and the narrative i'ts well done, it's action packed, lots of guns and little secrets and rewards to collect throughout the levels. So there is plenty of contect.
    The game took me about 15 to 20 hours, playing in hard.
    I highly recommend this game, you can get a digital copy online (google it) for as low as 20 bucks.
    peace out!
  44. Jul 17, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Ignore the negative reviews if you are on the edge. Everything about this game is amazing. The story behind it is superb, the game is almost perfectly put together. If you let the fact that you can not skip the cut scene's ruin a game for you don't buy it. But the cut scenes are absolutely amazing and add to a great story. None of the cutThis is one of the best games I have ever played. Ignore the negative reviews if you are on the edge. Everything about this game is amazing. The story behind it is superb, the game is almost perfectly put together. If you let the fact that you can not skip the cut scene's ruin a game for you don't buy it. But the cut scenes are absolutely amazing and add to a great story. None of the cut scenes and you are never sitting in your seat waiting to play. Overall this is one of the best games I have personally played in a long time. Expand
  45. Jul 23, 2012
    I really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 single-player style. The visuals were incredible. The arsenal was varied. The controls were responsive and easy to use. The linear, cinematic format worked well. It was like an interactive action movie with a linear plot and constrained environment. I can see where people who are looking for an open-ended shooter might be disappointed by this and by theI really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 single-player style. The visuals were incredible. The arsenal was varied. The controls were responsive and easy to use. The linear, cinematic format worked well. It was like an interactive action movie with a linear plot and constrained environment. I can see where people who are looking for an open-ended shooter might be disappointed by this and by the numerous cut-scene interruptions of action. It didn't disappoint me. I was enthralled and didn't want to stop playing. I would have given it a 10, but I agree with what many others have said that the player should be able to skip cut scenes if they want to. Overall, though, I liked the game so much that I am now looking for another game with a similar style. Expand
  46. Aug 3, 2012
    This is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay. The story wasn't by the same people as Max Payne 1 and 2, so you can expect different. They story was excellent in my opinion. Multiplayer is fine, but if you aren't that great at Max Payne you might die a lot. The same goes for singleplayer. The game is a bit difficult, but the checkpointsThis is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay. The story wasn't by the same people as Max Payne 1 and 2, so you can expect different. They story was excellent in my opinion. Multiplayer is fine, but if you aren't that great at Max Payne you might die a lot. The same goes for singleplayer. The game is a bit difficult, but the checkpoints are plentiful. Expand
  47. Aug 4, 2012
    Офигенный сюжет, история супер, геймплей на высоте!!! На мой взглядОфигенный сюжет, история супер, геймплей на высоте!!! На мой взгляд лучшая игра в которую я играл 2012 г. Жаль, что играл в пиратку.... Expand
  48. Aug 21, 2012
    This is one of those games that pays great attention to storytelling and game technology. I love how Max moves, the animations are top notch, and the game puts heavy emphasis on realistic combat, which puts great difficulty in, but I love it, especially when performing a shootdodge and taking out all the enemies in bullet time, which is very satisfying. I love how it runs on my PC (Core i3This is one of those games that pays great attention to storytelling and game technology. I love how Max moves, the animations are top notch, and the game puts heavy emphasis on realistic combat, which puts great difficulty in, but I love it, especially when performing a shootdodge and taking out all the enemies in bullet time, which is very satisfying. I love how it runs on my PC (Core i3 2100, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 430) on high settings. The story could use some work though. They REALLY should bring back Sami Jarvi on the next iteration of this series, because I want to feel the more noir feel like the first 2 games, unlike the writing put in by Rockstar, which feels like GTA-ish. But I applaud their efforts, and I feel that the game benefited from a huge amount of development time, even though the engine is familiar ( can't help the feeling, because I loved playing Red Dead Redemption too.). Though I don't play multiplayer, because I'm more of a single player type guy, this game is one of the most fantastic third person shooters out there. What I loved about the PC version is it's well optimized, good FPS, even though the recommended specs are demanding. A very good port (Unlike Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PC) which sucks in terms of FPS.) Rockstar did a very good job with this game, and I'm looking forward for their next development (GTA V). If you loved the first two, GET THIS GAME. All I can say is; Welcome Back Max. Expand
  49. Aug 22, 2012
    Just great, I love it. The graphics, the gameplay, the story! If anyone is bothered by the price: Wait and buy it later, like I did. Bought this new game on the Steam summer sale for
  50. Sep 23, 2012
    fantastic graphics, awesome action, a great story...one of the greatest game i've ever played....though it has some problems on pc version, it gave me a great time ....so 10/10 from me....
  51. Dec 1, 2012
    If you're like me, 40s with kids and not that much time to game, you'll want a great single-player, movie-like experience with lots of soul and grit. Max Payne 3 will give you that, a great 10 hour experience or so before it's back to your normal, boring non-uzi wielding day-job. Terrific gunplay, great gameplay, cool story, I enjoyed this one lots.
  52. Jan 9, 2013
    Best game of 2012 for me, the pc ports really rocks: dx11 support, really smooth even on my old machine and full support also for 3dvision, great job Rockstar, more of this!!
    The game contains a lot of cut scenes very well done and much better than most of the movies i've seen recently, the action is frenetic and it can be also very tough on hard difficulty setting.
    Multiplayer also is
    Multiplayer also is very good, i'm playing with some friends and having a lot of fun, there are levels to advance like most of the recent fps shooters.
  53. Jan 25, 2013
    After I played both prequels, I was worried they could have changed the meaning of payne like others did because the understanding of video games changed in the past few years. But, after all, I am very excited about what was produced by Rockstar and how they could connect the game to its prequels. The athmosphere is awesome. Seldom felt like being that in a game instead of sitting infrontAfter I played both prequels, I was worried they could have changed the meaning of payne like others did because the understanding of video games changed in the past few years. But, after all, I am very excited about what was produced by Rockstar and how they could connect the game to its prequels. The athmosphere is awesome. Seldom felt like being that in a game instead of sitting infront of a monitor and just playing. Music fits great to the surrounding and the story is one of that good old scool action hero movie style tales. I guess all most negative comments are written from guys who played the payne to relaxe or next to 2 or 3 other games. To get the best out of that game you have to treat it like a good book. Just enjoy it once in a while in the afternoon and play it chapter for chapter. Great stuff! Expand
  54. Jul 21, 2013
    One of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according toOne of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according to some, constitute the majority of game time, which isn't true, but anyway, next time Rockstar will have learned it's better to leave a black loading screen instead.
    But if you are not a part of that group of people them I highly recommend this game. The game's a very, very challenging shooter, that requires you to really be accurate in your decisions and with your aiming. You can't rush in, you got to use cover very well and the "bullet time" needs to be wisely utilized. The game has a nice story with some interesting characters and although the gameplay in itself is repetitive, the situations Max Payne has to go through always present a new challenge. He has to face snipers, has to deal with new, has to deal with some armored thugs that seem to be invulnerable and keep getting hit with seemingly no effect, there are parts where Max will be inside a boat or inside a helicopter and will have to be deadly accurate to shoot missiles and granades being thrown at his vehicle.
    There is a really large variety of settings where the game takes place. There is a nightclub, an airport, inside a favela which is an amazing part of the game to me, rich in detail and very accurate to the real thing although always a bit secluded, there are no true open areas. Rockstar really did something different from it's usual here, but the previous Max Payne games were also like that, it's not a game where you'll explore the scenery, it's a straight-forward shooter.
    The voice acting for Max Payne is as great as ever, but I'd say this time it's even better. Max Payne has many, many memorable quotes. The games soundtrack is a great one as well, there are some songs that will stick to your mind, besides the theme song ever present in the Max Payne franchise.
    I really like mature-themed games and games with a realistic presentation, although Max Payne is far from being realistic, it's main character and story is believable, if you care to include the amount of foes a single man can kill by himself as only a gameplay tool to make it a game and not a movie with a few shooting scenes.
    The fact that the game of The Walking Dead got such a great approval from the public and the way some of the recent games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 have been produced, as far as voice acting, story, theme and challenge, I'm very optimistic about the video games actually maturing, going away from the strictly nerdy audience and become recognized as a type of entertainment as respected as movies are, that they aren't something that only people with no life do, showing some qualities that will be recognized and appealing to a lot of people, of all ages.
  55. Sep 11, 2013
    Best TPS ever. Best optimised for PC ever. Very great multiplayer. Excellent graphics. And the best continuation of Max Payne as much as possible. Well done Rockstar!
  56. Oct 27, 2013
    I don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm veryI don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm very excited for the next game. Expand
  57. Oct 28, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is my game of the decade. i don't remember last time when i screamed like a kid while shooting goons in mid air with pistol in one hand and fully automatic in another,bullets zipping past by me in slow motion,seeing the air around you slowly woven with spiraling bullets, fractured glass, and plumes of shredded paper. massively fun, inhuman violent. ragged bullet wounds, charredMax Payne 3 is my game of the decade. i don't remember last time when i screamed like a kid while shooting goons in mid air with pistol in one hand and fully automatic in another,bullets zipping past by me in slow motion,seeing the air around you slowly woven with spiraling bullets, fractured glass, and plumes of shredded paper. massively fun, inhuman violent. ragged bullet wounds, charred flesh, dismembered limbs. sweet sweet blood. lots of it. Expand
  58. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. Totally one of my favourite games. Story, phisics, music everything is perfect. And, thats it. Multiplayer is pretty awesome too.
  59. Jun 6, 2014
    I really miss the old style 'noir' in previous games, but without affecting nostalgia, is a quite acceptable sequel and a very good shooter. (oh! and the music its just perfect)
  60. Jun 15, 2014
    I'm simply amazed by the effort that Rockstar put into the development of the PC version. I have heard that this one is not a port, but a game that was simultaneously developed along with its console counterparts. By seeing the way Rockstar optimized this game for PC, I can, without a doubt, say that GTA V on PC is going to be pretty awesome.
  61. Nov 24, 2014
    I have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing hisI have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing his favorite tune on the piano before being thrown into yet another heroic gun battle. It not only kept all the charm of the previous series, but has managed to add so much more! Well done Rockstar for creating another piece of unforgettable video game history! Expand
  62. Feb 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the gameI'm not sure why this game did not get the attention it deserves, maybe Rockstar saved money on the marketing of this game for GTA V. However, I personally feel this game is one of the best Rockstar titles. The shooting is fun and challenging. Some people were disappointed due to the unskippable cutscenes. I agree they should have made it possible to skip them but they really make the game immersive and movie-like. First playthrough I did not skip anything because I was genuninely intrigued by the story and voice acting. When replaying missions though, they do get boring but it's not really a big issue for me though. I still found myself playing through all the levels over and over again, collecting the golden guns. The gameplay mechanics are very comfortable. The controls are well refined, which is a huge problem in many of the recent games. The animations are fluid and the gameplay is just really fast. The shooting is very satisfying especially when you see the bullets in slow motion decimating the goons. The game is challenging at times especially if you play on hard, but I was never stuck on any level for too long. This may be a small thing but the ambience and music is also very fitting and motivating. I absolutely love the soundtrack. To summarise, I think this game is absolutely brilliant and very entertaining. I had more fun playing this than GTA V honestly. If you are considering buying this game, I'd say just go for it. Expand
  63. Apr 25, 2015
    It's like uncharted in neo-noir sauce. If you want 10 hours of epic bullet shots and dark history with awesome monologues of protagonist, go to the shop.
  64. Feb 25, 2016
    Best game out in the last six months of 2012. Amazing gameplay, nice graphics, unique optimization, not bad multiplayer. This game everyone should to try! Good job Rockstar.
  65. Aug 1, 2015
    I'm enjoying the game. One of the best I played.
    Beautiful graphics. Great storyline. And the traditions of original Max Payne are kept.
    There was nothing i disliked about the game.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]