Max Payne 3 PC

7.6

1. BMF
    Jun 4, 2012
    I have been waiting for Max Payne 3 for a long time and it didnt disapoint. The story is excellent the graphics and sound are both PC quality and the combat plays out with some of the best ragdoll physics and blood effects I have ever seen. The game can get brutaly hard at some points but I never wanted to give up and im still craving more after beating the storyline.
  2. May 12, 2013
    Max payne 3 is a great game. It's part shooter, part interactive movie.. mostly the latter. And I paid less for it ($12, steam sale) than a real movie ticket would have cost. The graphics are superb. I absolutely don't agree with the negative reviews of this game. I'm a diehard PC games fan, and I was actually almost not going to buy this game because of the negative reviews. But I'm gladMax payne 3 is a great game. It's part shooter, part interactive movie.. mostly the latter. And I paid less for it ($12, steam sale) than a real movie ticket would have cost. The graphics are superb. I absolutely don't agree with the negative reviews of this game. I'm a diehard PC games fan, and I was actually almost not going to buy this game because of the negative reviews. But I'm glad I did. Fight scenes are pretty realistic, and weapon handling and mechanics are realistic and good too (you can only carry 2 handguns and 1 big gun). Story is pretty good, but I didn't follow some stuff (i'm retarded like that). The only problem is that the game weighs in at 30 GB which is massive (it obliterated my download quota).

I don't really care about multiplayer, but the single player rocks! I also didn't mind the trippy visuals, like some people did.

I think PC game fans are being very ungrateful. Even if this is a console port (I absolutely detest consoles and consoletards), they've done a superb job of it and it is eminently playable on PC.
  3. Jun 3, 2012
    The first question everyone asked themselves, is it going to be another console port? Well it runs smooth for me so it has been optimized well but sometimes it sucks up all my memory so then the game crashes... I'm a hardcore Max Payne fan, and I've been waiting for this game a long time. I've completed it on medium, I've tried out the multiplayer so here's my review. The single player isThe first question everyone asked themselves, is it going to be another console port? Well it runs smooth for me so it has been optimized well but sometimes it sucks up all my memory so then the game crashes... I'm a hardcore Max Payne fan, and I've been waiting for this game a long time. I've completed it on medium, I've tried out the multiplayer so here's my review. The single player is good fun, and it lasted about 7 hours for me. The weapons are nicely done, and the graphics are pretty good. I would had given this a 9 or a 10 if Rockstar didn't shove a huge amount of cutscenes in this game. You cant skip quite a few of them because it just says "Still Loading" when it should be clearly loaded in 5-10 seconds. It just goes, wave, cutscene, wave, cutscene. It's quite annoying since I want to kill stuff and blaze through the levels. As for the cover system its ok, it makes the game more tactical when to shoot and what weapon you'll use. I also hate that when you're being shot at, it makes it unclear where the bullets are if you're not in bullet time. If you're low on health then the enemies sometimes shoot and you have no time to react or anything. You just die. Also bullet time runs out so easily which is annoying, it needs to last longer. Multiplayer is good, it works. You can customize your models which is awesome. The shotgun is overpowered though in deathmatch... Aside from that, the game is pretty good. Its just that the cutscenes are mainly annoying. Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2012
    Excellent continuation of the cult franchise. Great game. Bravo Rockstar.
    Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours.
    Max payne has always been my favourite game but i
    Excellent continuation of the cult franchise. Great game. Bravo Rockstar.
    Max payne has always been my favourite game but i was a little worried about the third part bcoz it wasnt remedy making the game but no disrespect to Rockstar they are awesome specially i thnk so after playing max payne 3 it is an awesome game great story driven action heart pumping gameplay and brilliant multiplayer i must say i am thrilled after playing it and have to say rockstar have not let us down again and hasnt let the game die instead has made it famous.
    Bravo Rockstar.
  5. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon further playing I have come to realise this game is actually fantastic. Think about it Max was done in New Jersey and this was portrayed brilliantly in the flashback section of the game. All the nods to the previous games are a nice touch especially the piano playing. It leaves a few important things unanswered but it is somehow ok. Expand
  6. Jun 1, 2012
    Absolutely superb game. beautifully optimised for PC with loads of lovely DX11 goodness added. Wonderful looking game and every bit the Max Payne I wanted it to be. If you liked the first two you must get this.
  7. Jun 8, 2012
    Okay, a few things to be understood about this game before purchasing: YES it is a linear third-person shooter, YES it has a lot of cut-scenes, and I don't find either of those factors to be a problem. Max Payne 3, like so many other Rockstar games, tries to craft a good story, and I find that it does a better job of doing this than most other story focused third-person or first-personOkay, a few things to be understood about this game before purchasing: YES it is a linear third-person shooter, YES it has a lot of cut-scenes, and I don't find either of those factors to be a problem. Max Payne 3, like so many other Rockstar games, tries to craft a good story, and I find that it does a better job of doing this than most other story focused third-person or first-person shooters. The voice-acting is good, HEALTH did an excellent job with the soundtrack, and the graphics and settings are very nice. The game knows exactly what it wants to be and pulls it off. I did have the game crash on me a few times and there are issues with the "Last Stand" mechanic, but overall I was very satisfied with the experience. Before getting this, be aware that it plays a lot like a movie interspersed with a third-person shooter, but I find it worked very well. If you don't care for cut-scenes than this is not the game for you, otherwise I would recommend Max Payne 3. Expand
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    Okay so I played this on Xbox 360 but waited till the PC release to buy it and I must say, there is a difference. I have recently just migrated to PC gaming as I have no intention of buying a new console and I built a very high mid range so it runs it very well, and Max Payne 3 runs smooth and very pretty. This looks so much better than any game I have played on console, even Max Payne 3Okay so I played this on Xbox 360 but waited till the PC release to buy it and I must say, there is a difference. I have recently just migrated to PC gaming as I have no intention of buying a new console and I built a very high mid range so it runs it very well, and Max Payne 3 runs smooth and very pretty. This looks so much better than any game I have played on console, even Max Payne 3 itself. Runs at a higher frame than the 30 fps cap of console too. I must say I am very pleased. Expand
  9. Jun 1, 2012
    Max Payne 1 and 2 were linear - completely linear. Mission one came before mission two and there were not that many routes in each mission. At a tactical level (how to clear a room) there is LOTS of choice - but like all the other MP games - it's linear. Controls are excellent, graphics are not up to much (cartoony - maybe a fraction better than Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 - but the PS3Max Payne 1 and 2 were linear - completely linear. Mission one came before mission two and there were not that many routes in each mission. At a tactical level (how to clear a room) there is LOTS of choice - but like all the other MP games - it's linear. Controls are excellent, graphics are not up to much (cartoony - maybe a fraction better than Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 - but the PS3 is a 6 year old system using graphics hardware from the mid 2000's. Butr that's the end of my probelms. The game play very well indeed. The cut scenes are often but most ore not that long - but like I said at the top - this is the same as all the other MP games. This is MP3 NOT GTA Brazil. If it's standard Rockstar game mechanics you are after you might me a little dissapointed. Me? I love it Expand
  10. Jul 2, 2012
    I absolutely loved this game. I can go into detail about all the graphics, gameplay mechanics, story and so on, but all I will do is URGE you to go and buy this game immediately if you haven't already. Breathtaking, amazing, hypnotic, mesmerizing, indulging - I just love it, and I'm definitely going to play through it again!
  11. Jun 12, 2012
    After finally beating this game, I have many things to say. First, the good things. 1. It's very good visually. It's pretty cool how the bullet actually goes through your character, and out the other side. 2. It's got a GREAT story. I would play through it again just for that. 3. It's true to the game play of the first two Max Payne games. Now for the downsides: 1. It Does WAY too manyAfter finally beating this game, I have many things to say. First, the good things. 1. It's very good visually. It's pretty cool how the bullet actually goes through your character, and out the other side. 2. It's got a GREAT story. I would play through it again just for that. 3. It's true to the game play of the first two Max Payne games. Now for the downsides: 1. It Does WAY too many camera effects. 2. It didn't do any trippy flashbacks like in the first two games. 3. It was sort of predictable, not like the first one. 4. Multiplayer mode has that god awful auto assign for match play. I'm glad I bought it. Expand
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    Ahh Max Payne, too long it has been since we had a fresh installment but like Hitman Absolution that is coming out this year it is great to have a new title in the series. Infact Hitman blood Money & Max Payne 2 are games I so enjoyed they have become mainstays in my games library and I go back to them a few times a year to blast through certain sections again.

Max Payne 3 is a worth

Max Payne 3 is a worth addition to the series, however despite its amazing graphics and decent story I dont think it managed to surpass Max Payne 2 overall.

Graphically the game is incredible and the setting is quite good though I enjoyed the Seedy Favelas and the flashbacks to events in the USA most of all. Max Payne was always about gitty urban environments something that seems to have been a little lost in MP3. The Shooter mechanics I found suffered a little in this outting also. A cover mechanic was added which I found added little to the game and I found flind fire mostly worthless as it was innaccurate and did not deter the AI or force them into cover at all thus of no use to open up opportunities to move from cover to cover. The addition of this new mechanic also detracts from what made MP1 and 2 so great which is bullet time. Compounding this Bullet time no longer slowly recharges on its own (unless that was just a result of the difficulty i was playing on) as it did in the previous games but must be replenished by killing enemies.

As a result this made the gameplay experience feel slower and less like the john woo films the first two games were modelled after. Also slowing the game down even more were the custcenes. is the story good ? yes do the custscenes tell it well ? yes did we need cutscenes so frequently ? no did we need all of the cutscenes ? no like a good film some scenes would be better off left on the cutting room floor and a lot of the internal dialogue could have been conducted while roaming the levels instead of as fixed cutscenes.

Some of the fights are rediculous with waves and waves of bad guys throwing themselves at you and just trying to overwhelm you with sheer numbers which in a half a dozen sequences they irritatingly will over & over again until you get lucky and manage to get through.

Overall I enjoyed the single player experience. Multiplayer is interesting but the community is quite small and game hard to find in my experience. The other game modes are fun for a while but it doesnt last and there are really no particular missions from the main game I find myself wanting to go back and play more than once or twice and I put this down to the new way bullet time charges itself and the fact the game is designed around more cover based shooting now.

Worth a look but I still think Max Payne 2 is the best of the series thus far.
  13. Aug 11, 2012
    I didn't like the first two Max Paynes, but I loved this one. Great game, and one of the most enjoyable I've played in the last few years. I play several different games a week (play, not complete), and complete a good number of them in a year. I think this is the best Max Payne, and the gunplay was just plain fun to me. Although, I didn't like towards the end of the game where enemies allI didn't like the first two Max Paynes, but I loved this one. Great game, and one of the most enjoyable I've played in the last few years. I play several different games a week (play, not complete), and complete a good number of them in a year. I think this is the best Max Payne, and the gunplay was just plain fun to me. Although, I didn't like towards the end of the game where enemies all had bulletproof vests and you have to headshot them for a kill. That's never fun. But throwing your arm around a corner and planting 3 bullets in a guy's chest and watching them drop is great fun. Expand
  14. Jun 3, 2012
    A+ Single Player (ofcourse free aim)
    with an A grade Multi-Player (free aim as well)

Gorgeous graphically, engaging story and gameplay, wonderful mechanics; and most of all- Does Max Payne franchise JUSTICE and perhaps past nostalgia is the greatest of the series. Must buy. GOTY candidate!
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    An instant classic - the graphics are staggering, and it runs great on both of my PCs (and I really wasn't expecting it to, after seeing the recommended requirements). There's also a flurry of PC only settings and the PC only textures are great. The sound design is good, the monologues are superb, and the gunplay is satisfying and responsive (there were one or two points when it felt aAn instant classic - the graphics are staggering, and it runs great on both of my PCs (and I really wasn't expecting it to, after seeing the recommended requirements). There's also a flurry of PC only settings and the PC only textures are great. The sound design is good, the monologues are superb, and the gunplay is satisfying and responsive (there were one or two points when it felt a little sluggish, but I reckon it was down to the fact my framerate was jumping around a bit in that scene).

Sure the storyline is essentially 'Man on Fire', sure there are a lot of cutscenes. But I haven't seen 'Man on Fire' before, and I'd much prefer to see it presented in a stylish video game form than a movie. It's an instant classic - and one that I be playing for time to come.

The arcade mode where you rack up points replaying the campaign levels also adds to the replayability, so that's nice too.

Don't buy it if you don't like cutscenes though, you won't like the game ;)
  16. Jan 18, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos a los que he jugado últimamente. La historia y estilo narrativo de la misma, engancha desde el primer momento. Si a eso le sumamos el estilo de juego que sigue el patrón de la primera y segunda parte aunque en un entorno muy diferente (Brasil, representado de una manera que te hace sentir verdaderamente allí), obtenemos una tercera parte queUno de los mejores juegos a los que he jugado últimamente. La historia y estilo narrativo de la misma, engancha desde el primer momento. Si a eso le sumamos el estilo de juego que sigue el patrón de la primera y segunda parte aunque en un entorno muy diferente (Brasil, representado de una manera que te hace sentir verdaderamente allí), obtenemos una tercera parte que está a la altura de la saga y que no defraudara ni a los que jugaron a las anteriores partes, como a los que se sumerjan en el mundo y vida de Max Payne por primera vez. Expand
  17. Dec 27, 2013
    These jerks, you need to have a separate RockStart Account to play the game. I already have a steam account that's enough DRM don't you think? I want my money back.... How about a class action suit.... and new shoes
  18. May 25, 2014
    One of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quitOne of the best third person shooters ever made. The story completely sucks you in, and I think it's even more fun to play on hard difficulty. At that point, areas can be frustrating, but very rewarding once you succeed. Yes, Max chooses some bad cover when he enters certain areas, and makes a stupid decision or two that you suffer for, but to me that's all part of the experience. Now quit **** and go be a badass. Expand
  19. Jun 1, 2012
    Pure epicness! Can't believe that Rockstar did such a good jon with the PC version of this! It's incredibly well optimization PLEASE GO BUY IT NOW! Its Too Amazing!
  20. Jan 17, 2013
    Not great as Max Payne 1 and 2, but actually a very good game. I've played this after Borderlands and there are abysmal differences. Max Payne, intended as game and not only as the character, has always so much charisma and class, unlike Borderlands and other FPS & TPS. The game has a good plot and it's very enjoyable and satisfying, with only a few situations maybe a little too difficultNot great as Max Payne 1 and 2, but actually a very good game. I've played this after Borderlands and there are abysmal differences. Max Payne, intended as game and not only as the character, has always so much charisma and class, unlike Borderlands and other FPS & TPS. The game has a good plot and it's very enjoyable and satisfying, with only a few situations maybe a little too difficult and frustrating. A must to play for old school Max Payne lovers and not. A really good graphic with a good optimization, and a great sound sample for weapons. Expand
  21. Jun 10, 2012
    This is really a Max Payne game. I love it to bits. I am about 3/4 of the way through now and my only worry is a ME3 type ending which will just spoil the entire thing. The game really shows Max's typical Noir side and how he sees the dark side of everything even though he is actually fighting to defend it by protecting the family. The fighting is fast paced with breakable cover - I justThis is really a Max Payne game. I love it to bits. I am about 3/4 of the way through now and my only worry is a ME3 type ending which will just spoil the entire thing. The game really shows Max's typical Noir side and how he sees the dark side of everything even though he is actually fighting to defend it by protecting the family. The fighting is fast paced with breakable cover - I just hate it when game play is stale with unbreakable cover - and if you use bullet time with it can equate to some amazing moves and matrix style action (Max should be renamed to Neo imo :P). I have played the other 2 Max Paynes so to see the flash backs and the cut scenes associated with them was really nice, you really have to play the other games to understand his Noir and history and a lot of the dialogue (such as the Mona references). On a modern beefed up PC like mine it plays so smoothly on super high gfx and the effects the game has are unbelievable, the scenes look just as stunning as well, almost life like at times (much better than BF3 or whatever). The loading time for my game....well I get none so I can't really talk about that. Cut scenes could be skippable but tbh I play on a difficulty that matches my skill so I have no problems there and neither will you if you do the same. If you MOVE around you will find the game is quite good at utilising cover while making it challenging to make sure your enemies don't flank you (office areas are an example in this game). Coming back to the effects it really shines on those little things like picking up a gun while running, it's these little effects that really bring the fighting to life and makes you feel a part of it all. For me the gaming isn't too scripted, not any more than previous Max Paynes (yes this is Max Payne 3 not some other first-of-the-series game...) and honestly, I like the scripted action, it adds to the fact that Max's life always seemed to read from a horror movie script. I like how the game also sometimes forces you into situations your sane enough to not get into but Max isn't; remember Max is a guy on the edge so jumping into the center of some bad guys isn't unlike him and I like how the game throws you in and expects you in a moments notice be able to fight like a bad ass instead of a camper. I also like the unpredictability of some fights, like you think Max is gonna neatly cover behind some canisters but they fall over, suddenly your moving on a crane up having to shoot all the bad guys as you do. All this and more makes Max Payne 3 an awesome game in my view and a deserving sequel. Expand
  22. M13
    Aug 29, 2012
    Game is fantastic. Great story. Best graphics I've seen in a shooter.....or probably any game. If you like story based linear shooters.....then this is the best one in existence right now.
  23. Jun 4, 2012
    I am a huge fan of the first two in the series and had high expectations for this. What rockstar have done is absolutely fantastic. They captured Max and his personality dead on. The story was interesting, the gameplay flowed amazingly, the cut scenes rolled in and out like a symphony. The soundtrack was on beat and matched the setting perfectly. Graphically looked incredible on my gtx680I am a huge fan of the first two in the series and had high expectations for this. What rockstar have done is absolutely fantastic. They captured Max and his personality dead on. The story was interesting, the gameplay flowed amazingly, the cut scenes rolled in and out like a symphony. The soundtrack was on beat and matched the setting perfectly. Graphically looked incredible on my gtx680 and ran with no issue at all. Cannot wait for more PAYNE if it will be of this quality. Well done Rockstar. Well done. Expand
  24. Jun 7, 2012
    I have a tendency to go into gun-ho marathons of epic game playing and usually let myself go wild like a kid on Christmas morning, but MP3 makes me want to hold back solely out of not wanting the game to end. Fantastic graphics coupled with a gripping story and great gameplay makes this game a definite contender for GOTY. It is comforting to see a developer not make a game for people whoI have a tendency to go into gun-ho marathons of epic game playing and usually let myself go wild like a kid on Christmas morning, but MP3 makes me want to hold back solely out of not wanting the game to end. Fantastic graphics coupled with a gripping story and great gameplay makes this game a definite contender for GOTY. It is comforting to see a developer not make a game for people who need to have their hands held for the entire experience, not to mention adult themes. Well done Rockstar. Expand
  25. Jun 1, 2012
    I am really loving the game so far, i'm only 1 and a half hours in, and it runs pretty nice on my system, not at max, but nice. The only thing that pretty much ruins a lot of the experience for me right now, are the effects for the use of alcohol and painkillers given in the the cut scenes, even though the cut scenes don't bother me at all, i think they are a valuable asset to the game soI am really loving the game so far, i'm only 1 and a half hours in, and it runs pretty nice on my system, not at max, but nice. The only thing that pretty much ruins a lot of the experience for me right now, are the effects for the use of alcohol and painkillers given in the the cut scenes, even though the cut scenes don't bother me at all, i think they are a valuable asset to the game so far, and i really enjoy the game right now. (I've actually pressed alt+tab to write this message XD ) It's only just these effects that, tire my eyes. could someone please make an on / off option for that ? I would really appreciate that very much ! Expand
  26. Mar 15, 2013
    Currently on regular sale on steam for under a tenner, Max Payne 3 happily fills the linear action shooter niche, complete with laughable dialogue and well-paced action. The story is predictably hammy throughout, yet pleasingly self-referential. Cover-glitch issues and unskippable cut-scenes sadly pull this down into an 8/10, but there isn't any to match what Max can bring. Read more atCurrently on regular sale on steam for under a tenner, Max Payne 3 happily fills the linear action shooter niche, complete with laughable dialogue and well-paced action. The story is predictably hammy throughout, yet pleasingly self-referential. Cover-glitch issues and unskippable cut-scenes sadly pull this down into an 8/10, but there isn't any to match what Max can bring. Read more at http://teachergamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/max-payne-3.html Expand
  27. Jun 2, 2012
    max payne 3 is a MASTERPIECE, starting with the great optimisation for pc. It runs great on my low-mid end pc. The gameplay is way better than the previous MP games, the cover and aim system are new in this new part, that make the games more different to play. The gameplay, its just simple and GREAT, i love bullet-time, and watch out in multiplayer, you gonna be IMPRESSED. Themax payne 3 is a MASTERPIECE, starting with the great optimisation for pc. It runs great on my low-mid end pc. The gameplay is way better than the previous MP games, the cover and aim system are new in this new part, that make the games more different to play. The gameplay, its just simple and GREAT, i love bullet-time, and watch out in multiplayer, you gonna be IMPRESSED. The singplayer story is great, but the thing i don't like are the cutscenes, there are some large cutscenes and get's me a bit boring. The effects too, makes me bad a bit to the eyes, but that don't matters. This game is a must-buy for all gamers. Expand
  28. Jun 17, 2012
    Having played the original games when they came out I was really looking forward to the new game, it's hard to say this new iteration doesn't quite hit all objectives fully.... Single player is exactly how the game should be.. fast corridoor action game with tonnes of diving and bullet-time physics, along with excellent cutscenes that move fluidly between action and story in a way that isHaving played the original games when they came out I was really looking forward to the new game, it's hard to say this new iteration doesn't quite hit all objectives fully.... Single player is exactly how the game should be.. fast corridoor action game with tonnes of diving and bullet-time physics, along with excellent cutscenes that move fluidly between action and story in a way that is seemless. Where the game starts to look a bit shabby is the bolt-on multiplayer game side of things. While singleplayer is suited to the 3rd person view, competive play most certainly is not, for starters the crosshair is off centred so you often can't see the target when behind cover without exposing your arse making the cover system a bit flakey when combined with the iffy locking method it uses. The other big issues are "always on radar" which is very noob for a game with such tiny maps, sure you can earn xp unlocks to help reduce visibility but really this game should not have a radar at all as default, sadly you have to grind out 5000 kills to play hardcore mode that doesn't feature this. My final annoyances are the fairly low map count and that most of them are pretty damn small COD size crap, I was expecting at least something more in line with a single zone from GTA4 size, also they are touting a season DLC pass for £20, which is loathsome and ends up making the game cost £70 to have a complete game which is a ripoff no matter what they add. Overall a fun short term action shooter, with small scale multiplayer that could be really good if they fixed some of the console grade port issues...if the DLC does that then maybe it'll be good... but if its more of the same, don't bother. 8/10 Expand
  29. Jun 1, 2012
    Just finished the game. Gameplay is polished as much as possible, storyline is good, graphics-11/10. It looks much better then GTA IV, despite the fact they're using the same engine. But while playing I had one bad feeling: It's not Max Payne. It's a great shooter with a bullet time, great graphics, etc. But something was lost. I don't why, 'cause noire style is here. Not the same as wasJust finished the game. Gameplay is polished as much as possible, storyline is good, graphics-11/10. It looks much better then GTA IV, despite the fact they're using the same engine. But while playing I had one bad feeling: It's not Max Payne. It's a great shooter with a bullet time, great graphics, etc. But something was lost. I don't why, 'cause noire style is here. Not the same as was in Max Payne and Max Payne 2, but it's here. In conclusion: 8/10. If it wasn't Max Payne, it could be 10/10. Expand
  30. Jun 3, 2012
    First off I have I7 920 and gtx 680 with windows 7 and it runs great ! Some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game before. Some people are complaining of the amount of cut scenes in the game , but I happen to like them because it makes the game much more immersive. Only about 17 hours of gameplay for single player , but it was awesome.
  31. Jun 9, 2012
    This is a re-review. My last review I have it a 0 because it would not work due to Social Club malfunctioning. Great story, narration, cinematic feel, solid gameplay, excellent optimization for PC. 15 hour story. Works well with 360 controller or M/KB. Rockstar Social Club is potentially annoying when it doesn't work. As others have mentioned, the cover system can be a bit annoying butThis is a re-review. My last review I have it a 0 because it would not work due to Social Club malfunctioning. Great story, narration, cinematic feel, solid gameplay, excellent optimization for PC. 15 hour story. Works well with 360 controller or M/KB. Rockstar Social Club is potentially annoying when it doesn't work. As others have mentioned, the cover system can be a bit annoying but it's not a big deal and it still works well. I crashed maybe 6-7 times. There is a little bit of static in the audio, which annoyed me after a while. The multiplayer is a bit generic but still fun. Overall I must say this game is fantastic, it's just a shame it gave me so many problems. Expand
  32. Jul 10, 2012
    I have been playing Max Payne from the beginning. This game is Aewsome! I don't want it to end. Ignore the haters.. just buy it. It is like you are in your own movie and performing. My Hat is off to rockstar on this one. Thanks guys!
  33. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game to people who really like other games with Max Payne! This is how a games should be do. Rockstar Games have never done a half product. I love Max Payne and their's other games!
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    New game from Rockstar become a new word in genre third-person shooter. New developers added many new elements of gameplay, make excellent graphics and animation. And many many different details. Max Payne... He is really come back.
  35. Dec 23, 2012
    Overall, this is a fun game and really deserves a 7 but I gave it an 8 to balance out the haters. The main problem is that the developers forgot to make a the game itself fun and focused entirely on creating cut scenes and story. The story and cut scenes are entertaining but it appears that's where all of their creativity went. All the enemies are exactly the same except the rareOverall, this is a fun game and really deserves a 7 but I gave it an 8 to balance out the haters. The main problem is that the developers forgot to make a the game itself fun and focused entirely on creating cut scenes and story. The story and cut scenes are entertaining but it appears that's where all of their creativity went. All the enemies are exactly the same except the rare bosses. The developers tried to make it feel different by changing the environment and uniforms but it still feels the same. The later levels just means there's more enemies on screen at once. There's no difference between a handgun and rifle except the magazine capacity and rate of fire. You can hit a guy with a handgun just as accurate with a scoped laser dotted rifle. Even when they place you in a unique shooting situation, it never felt any different because the enemies and mechanics of your gun is no different than before. So after the first chapter you're just playing for the story because killing bad guys in the exact same fashion gets tiresome. The story is where all the money went. The cut scenes makes up for 50% of the game but I found it enjoyable which is the only reason why I finished it. If you're the type of player who skips all the cut scenes then you'll get bored because you're almost always using the same gun shooting at the same bad guys. It's really too bad because there are so many different places they could have been more creative game play wise. What is the point of the silencer on guns if you never actually do any sneaking in the game? How about more unique weapons like using bullet time to throw a knife at someone's face or flame throwers? Why not enemies with different attributes like having one carry a shield and another specializes in throwing flash bangs? Instead of just making us shoot out of vehicles all the time, how about allowing us to control the helicopter and fire its weapon systems? Instead, at the core this feels more like a time crisis arcade game except time crisis was more fun game play wise. Expand
  36. Jun 9, 2012
    With Max Payne 3, Rockstar has redeemed themselves in creating a flawless PC port after their luck with them turned sour. Amazing how a game that's dozens of times more eye-poppingly pretty than GTA4 has managed to run so optimized and smooth. Max Payne 3 is by far the best in the series, and is extremely cinematic, but I for one love that sort of thing. Story means a lot to me, but I seemWith Max Payne 3, Rockstar has redeemed themselves in creating a flawless PC port after their luck with them turned sour. Amazing how a game that's dozens of times more eye-poppingly pretty than GTA4 has managed to run so optimized and smooth. Max Payne 3 is by far the best in the series, and is extremely cinematic, but I for one love that sort of thing. Story means a lot to me, but I seem to find putting bullets in people more fun here than most other games. There is just a charm to MP3 that I can't shake. A magnificent offspring of Rockstar, and it makes me have great expectations from them (especially in the form of PC ports) in the future. Expand
  37. Dec 24, 2012
    Game imitates movie, movie imitates game and now the game imitates - well - game. On an aesthetic level, MP3 is stunning. It looks lush and detailed, smooth and vibrant. The environments are gorgeous and gritty. Character designs are varied and crisp. Levels are a tad linear but break off here and there for items. Cover spots are great and are spread out evenly. The script isGame imitates movie, movie imitates game and now the game imitates - well - game. On an aesthetic level, MP3 is stunning. It looks lush and detailed, smooth and vibrant. The environments are gorgeous and gritty. Character designs are varied and crisp. Levels are a tad linear but break off here and there for items. Cover spots are great and are spread out evenly. The script is excellent with some hilarious narration by long-time MP voice James McCaffrey (as well as motion captioned) among others. It's an engaging story with clever plotlines and creative dialogue. Excellent foley work with terrific sound FX and vocals. The arsenal has a nice variety but not having grenades is a bit of a disappointment. The weapon select is a tad clunky and inconvenient in a pinch. All aesthetics aside, everything works but that's where the golden stickers stop. Technically in terms of controls it's a mess. The cover actions are clumsy as well as glitched. The glitch causes Max to get stuck unless you roll out of it. The cover action also is very sticky and causes Max to cover where you don't always want him to. The character movement is slow and there's some problems with mouse whipping. Max also reverts to the default weapon (pistol) after a cut scene. Saving isn't too bad since there are no manual saves but the checkpoints are fine most of the time. Multi-player is fine for those that play that sort of thing. It's not perfect and can be frustrating at times but for an overall experience it's a total visceral thrill ride. It's bloody, funny, clever and action-packed. Next time just do some more quality control before you release it. Expand
  38. TIZ
    Jun 2, 2012
    This game is very good, about what ppl say for the storyline it's true, its basically a movie not a game. Normally this will make me rate a game low...but for some reason Max Payne 3 does it right, I'm very interested and feel involved in the story of Max. Parts of the story are a bit corny at moments but overall good. The graphics are really good, the requirements are a bit extreme andThis game is very good, about what ppl say for the storyline it's true, its basically a movie not a game. Normally this will make me rate a game low...but for some reason Max Payne 3 does it right, I'm very interested and feel involved in the story of Max. Parts of the story are a bit corny at moments but overall good. The graphics are really good, the requirements are a bit extreme and over the top i think, with a GTX570 (or above) any i5, i7 CPU @3GHz and 8GB RAM can max the game out on a single screen with all features on. The voice acting is good according to me, the sound is good as well. The gameplay and bullet time is unique and fun. Overall fun game and its more or less true to the original max payne series. Expand
  39. Nov 25, 2012
    Let me say first that I've never played any Max Payne games before, but I still got the story. The game does an excellent job to convey how broken Max Payne as a character really is. You don't see many protagonists that are drowning in demise and it is an interesting break from the **** testosterone-filled protagonists of other games. You really do feel for the main character and evenLet me say first that I've never played any Max Payne games before, but I still got the story. The game does an excellent job to convey how broken Max Payne as a character really is. You don't see many protagonists that are drowning in demise and it is an interesting break from the **** testosterone-filled protagonists of other games. You really do feel for the main character and even though I don't know how he lost his kid and wife, I still felt sorrow when he visited their graves. The game does an excellent job weaving it's narrative smoothly with the game play sections by having the player hear Max's thoughts every now and then. All the supporting characters are also well done. They are believable and voice acting is top notch. The game play is is also pretty fun. Bullet Time is great. I love how action packed each encounter is and how satisfying it is to clear a room of baddies with the last kill cam being a slow motion close up of your bullet lodging itself deep into the enemy's skull. The game doesn't shy away from violence as it shows the gritty world Max lives in. The settings of this game is also something worth mentioning. From the favelas of Sao Paolo, Brazil to the gritty and dark concrete of New York City, the game does surprise me at every turn. I see some people here commenting on how cut scenes are prevalent, and they are, but it does wonders for this game. Cut scenes are used to dramatic effect and it really does add to this game. This is definitely one of the best games I've played all year. Expand
  40. Jun 1, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a story driven game, not an RPG. It will not succeed to please everyone, but it doesn't have to. People can complain about the lack of freedom, the many cutscenes, the linear story, but those are the necessary ingredients to create one of the best stories in video gaming. I am one of those people that loves the feeling of being inside a movie, and to really care about whatMax Payne 3 is a story driven game, not an RPG. It will not succeed to please everyone, but it doesn't have to. People can complain about the lack of freedom, the many cutscenes, the linear story, but those are the necessary ingredients to create one of the best stories in video gaming. I am one of those people that loves the feeling of being inside a movie, and to really care about what will happen next. That's why I can honestly say that this is the best interactive experience that I've ever had.

That said, the level of detail is plain amazing, and the gameplay is really smooth. I haven't noticed any bugs, errors or problems in general. Well done, Rockstar.
  41. Jun 28, 2012
    Really good gameplay mechanics and level design, great cinematography and action set pieces. Technically a masterpiece... But it lacks the depth and style in terms of storytelling of the previous games... Halfway through the game you start to realise the story is very simple and lacking suspense... I hope we see a seauel that goes back to the engaging storytelling of the first 2 games...
  42. Jun 16, 2012
    I don't know how many hours I've put into this game so far (a lot). This game blows my mind so hard in so many ways that I'll just start listing random awesome features. Visuals are STUNNING and the game runs like butter. The acting taken together with the cutscene animations of the characters make the dialogue so natural that you watch cutscenes slack-jawed. And, even as a Max PayneI don't know how many hours I've put into this game so far (a lot). This game blows my mind so hard in so many ways that I'll just start listing random awesome features. Visuals are STUNNING and the game runs like butter. The acting taken together with the cutscene animations of the characters make the dialogue so natural that you watch cutscenes slack-jawed. And, even as a Max Payne veteran (bought Max Payne 1 for $50 on Xbox 1) I will tell you that Rockstar innovated Bullet-time to be the most fascinating thing I've ever seen in a game. It never. Ever. Gets old. I don't think killing enemies in a video game will ever feel this satisfying, except in Max Payne 4. Rockstar implemented some awesome system where bullets blast these disgusting entry and exit wounds into people's heads, and wounds anywhere on the body spurt blood. And this is the single most replayable game I've ever played. The only things I would change are allowing players to hit a button to skip cutscenes to make replays of levels less annoying (but you definitely wanna see every cutscene the first time through). And in multiplayer they really need to remove the enemy nametags over people's heads, because I'm always shooting at nametags clear across the map and getting kills, and I know people are doing the same to me. Enjoy. Expand
  43. Jun 2, 2012
    As a long time Max Payne fan, I admit I was a bit dubious when I originally heard that Rockstar was taking over development of the series. I'm not a Rockstar fan. I've never understood the excitement over their games, as I've always found each of them very mediocre in many ways. Because of this, Max Payne 3 has been a wonderful surprise. All the elements of the previous Max Payne games areAs a long time Max Payne fan, I admit I was a bit dubious when I originally heard that Rockstar was taking over development of the series. I'm not a Rockstar fan. I've never understood the excitement over their games, as I've always found each of them very mediocre in many ways. Because of this, Max Payne 3 has been a wonderful surprise. All the elements of the previous Max Payne games are here. Bullet Time is very well designed to give you just the edge you need to survive the sometimes impossible situations, but does not make the game overly easy. I even enjoy the direction that they took Max's character in, as it makes his character seem more real. While Max may be the hero that can survive impossible odds, he does not win every time. Instead of being the stereotypical action hero who cannot lose no matter what the odds may be, Max doesn't always win.
    On another note, while I absolutely understand the complaints about the campaigns constant cut scenes and sometimes abrupt transitions back into the game play, I found it a fantastic storytelling technique. In many games, the transition from a cut scene to game play is very abrupt, and the cut scenes usually break immersion for me. With Max Payne 3, this is not the case. You easily transition from the third person prospective into a cut scene with ease. The only bad that I have noticed so far involve mostly technical issues. The PC release has more then a few that should have been fixed by the release of the game. While this isn't exactly a new situation for a Rockstar game, the games technical glitches do make it difficult to enjoy the game at times. Most of the technical issues do not seem to be present on the console versions of the game either. All in all, while this game may not be Remedy's Max Payne, I would still suggest this to anyone who enjoyed the first two games, although it may be worth waiting a few weeks for the PC version, at least, while Rockstar irons out the technical issues.
  44. May 13, 2015
    I've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happenI've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happen next. The game balances action (player shooting) with the story-telling (cinematic interludes) and thus moves the whole plot with highly lubricated efficiency. I really-really enjoyed this game for this specific quality - ability to grab me, plunge into the story, which as a player i am part of to such an extent that i cannot stop playing. Amazing game. Expand
  45. Jul 16, 2012
    I am going to rate this game solely on the campaign because the only reason why this game was purchased by me and made into a game was because of the AMAZING CAMPAIGN. All I can say is it was a HELL OF A RIDE! Not only was the gameplay amazing but the story kept me glued to the monitor. The campaign was CRAZY long and a straight shot through took me all day (10+ hrs on hard). I tried someI am going to rate this game solely on the campaign because the only reason why this game was purchased by me and made into a game was because of the AMAZING CAMPAIGN. All I can say is it was a HELL OF A RIDE! Not only was the gameplay amazing but the story kept me glued to the monitor. The campaign was CRAZY long and a straight shot through took me all day (10+ hrs on hard). I tried some of the multiplayer and let me tell you it ain't bad either. I cant wait to get back on! EASY 10 Expand
  46. Jun 2, 2012
    This is my first Max Payne game, and I like it very much. I played it for a few hours now, and I think, that if you approach this game appropriately, I mean, if you accept that is a Cinematic 3rd Person Shooter, then you may really enjoy it. It is like an interactive movie. Not a sandbox game, like Skyrim, or GTA. ...in this game you play, then watch a cutscene, then play, then cutscene,This is my first Max Payne game, and I like it very much. I played it for a few hours now, and I think, that if you approach this game appropriately, I mean, if you accept that is a Cinematic 3rd Person Shooter, then you may really enjoy it. It is like an interactive movie. Not a sandbox game, like Skyrim, or GTA. ...in this game you play, then watch a cutscene, then play, then cutscene, and so on. But that is not bad at all. It is really enjoyable, since the story is good, the characters (especially Max) and the environments are just great, the graphics is stunning, the levels are well designed and interesting + diverse, the physics is also cool, and the gameplay is really immerse. So, people out there, if you expect something else, you may be disappointed. If you accept The Style of this game, then it is going to be a really enjoyable one-way ticket to an interactive movie with you in the main role. However, I won't give it only 9 out of 10 since in this setting I would still expect a bit more interaction with the environment. I don't mean shooting everything apart, no. Just something like in Assassin's Creed. ...to stand on a table, etc. That would give me even more immersion, and the lack of this little freedom breaks my immersion a little, but just a very little. So 9/10. ...there are better games. GTA5 on the way! ...this game may be the testbed of many GTA5 features. Accept it as it is aaaand Enjoy!! :-) Expand
  47. Jun 11, 2012
    After a very long waiting period, Max Payne is finally back with a bang! And on PC it's looking very, very good, the rig provided...i'm now on my second playthrough (wanna get all the golden guns), and no major bugs or glitches found. one thing that annoys me though, is that Max changes his weapon hand during cut scenes. i may have a shotgun in my hands, come cutscene i stand there with aAfter a very long waiting period, Max Payne is finally back with a bang! And on PC it's looking very, very good, the rig provided...i'm now on my second playthrough (wanna get all the golden guns), and no major bugs or glitches found. one thing that annoys me though, is that Max changes his weapon hand during cut scenes. i may have a shotgun in my hands, come cutscene i stand there with a pistol and have to change again manually. but this is critic on a very high level. the rest; the story, the graphics, the writing/dialogues, missions, gameplay, it's fits all perfectly together. my GAME OF THE YEAR! cheers Expand
  48. Jul 3, 2012
    I pre-ordered this game off of steam the second I heard about it. The previous Max Payne games were amazing (or at least from what I remember from my childhood). The graphics in this game are beautiful, words can't describe how happy I was to be able to run this beautifully made game on max settings. The story is very intriguing, I grew are rare close bond with main character that wasI pre-ordered this game off of steam the second I heard about it. The previous Max Payne games were amazing (or at least from what I remember from my childhood). The graphics in this game are beautiful, words can't describe how happy I was to be able to run this beautifully made game on max settings. The story is very intriguing, I grew are rare close bond with main character that was mediocre. The gunplay and action are a solid 10/10 but the difficultly curve skyrockets after the second level. The multiplayer has problems, while enjoy the customization options for the characters, I don't enjoy the fact that all the guns are useless except for a few extremely overpowered weapons that I've had to use so that I don't break my keyboard in rage. It really takes out the point of buying new weapons when you know the starting ones are the most powerful. Other than Campaign and Multiplayer all the other game modes are a joke. With all the hype this game brought I would have expected and over the top action experience, which I got...in Campaign. The other modes of the game are iffy, tread carefully. Expand
  49. Jun 1, 2012
    I was expecting an OKAY game for PC since Rockstar has botched GTA so badly on PC. After 5 hours of playing tonight, I have to say, they did an unbelievable job. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is so smooth, and the story is great. Best of all, it is optimized extremely well. My Radeon 6950 was playing this game at 5760x1080 resolution maxed out with 2x MSAA
  50. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game, my only gripe is that social club sucks and constantly disconnects me from online matches. Otherwise, the game is a 10/10. Surprisingly, it's not a port and it runs at 60+ FPS. Awesome story and it clicks very well. I like how they implemented the flashbacks from New Jersey, that was awesome. Expand
  51. Jun 14, 2012
    Wow! I bought the DVD copy of this game, and installed in on my Alienware m14x. I couldn't get the game to run smoothly at first, but with super fast response time from the Rockstar tech support, I was able to get the game running perfectly on near max graphic settings. This is one of the best games I've ever played! The graphics are gorgeous, if you have the machine to power it. This isWow! I bought the DVD copy of this game, and installed in on my Alienware m14x. I couldn't get the game to run smoothly at first, but with super fast response time from the Rockstar tech support, I was able to get the game running perfectly on near max graphic settings. This is one of the best games I've ever played! The graphics are gorgeous, if you have the machine to power it. This is the best way I can describe this game: Imagine all the greatest action shoot-em-up movie sequences ever made, and that is what every level is like non-stop! The characters are great with great voice acting! All the levels are unique in their design, which makes every action sequence fresh and extremely entertaining. I'm literally laughing with joy playing this game, and constantly find myself with my jaw dropped from all the amazing game-play. This game is flawless! If Max Payne 3 doesn't win game of the year, I will be in complete shock! Expand
  52. Jun 1, 2012
    This is great game. Performance was good, story was good. Little problem was cut scene. Actually, cut scene itself was not so bad, whole campaign looks like one action movie, but some times cut scene part was so long. Excepting that problem, Single play was awesome.
  53. Jun 1, 2012
    Max Payne is always been one of my most favourite franchises and this sequel is the best of the picking, with slick visuals, great shootouts and SLOW MOTION. You will have a lot of fun and with absence of loading screens it brings a breath of fresh air to cinematic games. With about 12 hours single player and a ton of replayability as well as two arcade type modes you won't get bored onMax Payne is always been one of my most favourite franchises and this sequel is the best of the picking, with slick visuals, great shootouts and SLOW MOTION. You will have a lot of fun and with absence of loading screens it brings a breath of fresh air to cinematic games. With about 12 hours single player and a ton of replayability as well as two arcade type modes you won't get bored on your own. If you do then you have multi-player which is amazingly fun and challenging. There is not regenerative health in the single player and it is hard so if you are expecting a call of duty, look elsewhere. Expand
  54. Jun 2, 2015
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    Beautifully executed, this game kept me hanging on till the end. Play on Hard right away, and you will have some real memorable challenge that could be remembered from first two games. Brilliantly engineered mechanics and good graphics are not even what make this game so epic. The
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    The Story is indeed great, and ending is satisfying.
    I have very little time for Video Games, and i dont regret one bit spending those hours to be truly entertained.
    This is GOTY 2012 so far!!! Don't hesitate, to buy this amazing work. There is only one negative aspect: if you die, you cant scip long scenematics, but who cares?
  55. Jan 18, 2013
    Man, I really can't believe some people are rating this game low because you can't skip cutscenes, wow. Max Payne 3 is one of, if not THE best third person shooter of all time (single-player), if you disgaree you're not a gamer, that is a fact.
  56. Jul 8, 2012
    people...STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CUT-SCENES PLEASE! my god, most of the bad scores in meta-critic is just because of cut-scenes, cut-scenes and cut-scenes, the cut-scenes are there to progress the story and the story is actually pretty engaging and the cut-scenes are almost unnoticeable after 2 hours of playing. and the mutiplayer is actually not bad, in fact, IT'S FANTASTIC, itpeople...STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CUT-SCENES PLEASE! my god, most of the bad scores in meta-critic is just because of cut-scenes, cut-scenes and cut-scenes, the cut-scenes are there to progress the story and the story is actually pretty engaging and the cut-scenes are almost unnoticeable after 2 hours of playing. and the mutiplayer is actually not bad, in fact, IT'S FANTASTIC, it balanced(sort of) and it quite fun. but 3 weapons is annoying and the cover system is not bad and it made it more tactical (yeah, tactical) and the zoom is...useless, it should've been "E" instead of the right mouse key like in MP and MP2. so all in all, it's a pretty good game to go through. Expand
  57. Mar 16, 2013
    Great game.compelling story and smooth control.A fan of the series.second only to the first.This is ranked one of the best shooters.As the story gets deeper it brings you in part by part doing a good job in staying fresh and not being repetitive
  58. Jun 1, 2012
    Having played the previous Max Payne titles, so far I have to say I'm really enjoying this game! Bullets create entry and exit wounds as they zip through your enemies, it's brutally awesome. The cut-scenes are great, kind of a blend between Man on Fire and Collateral. I must say though, all of Rockstars games have a similar feel, in terms of movement (thanks to euphoria) and in terms ofHaving played the previous Max Payne titles, so far I have to say I'm really enjoying this game! Bullets create entry and exit wounds as they zip through your enemies, it's brutally awesome. The cut-scenes are great, kind of a blend between Man on Fire and Collateral. I must say though, all of Rockstars games have a similar feel, in terms of movement (thanks to euphoria) and in terms of the shooting mechanics (e.g. aiming, accuracy, reticule etc) .This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're a fan of it. Thankfully Rockstar didn't botch the PC version of this game, unlike GTA IV. It runs smooth and suports DX11 as well as tessellation. Expand
  59. Aug 15, 2012
    Technically it's reasonably well done and what you'd expect. The visuals are better; good character animation and excellent world detail. Together with bullet-time it makes for an enjoyable experience. What sets this game apart though is the story line. Looking at other reviews its obvious you either love it or hate it. Personally I greatly enjoyed Max Payne as the failed anti-hero -- weTechnically it's reasonably well done and what you'd expect. The visuals are better; good character animation and excellent world detail. Together with bullet-time it makes for an enjoyable experience. What sets this game apart though is the story line. Looking at other reviews its obvious you either love it or hate it. Personally I greatly enjoyed Max Payne as the failed anti-hero -- we meet him as a broken man failed both personally and professionally. An alcoholized private bodyguard in a foreign country, who soon learns he is in way over his head. That being said, the story often plays on clichés and stereotypes, and you've got to see it tongue-in-cheek. Max Payne is a hopeless figure and not your typical action hero. Its a mix of Hunter Thompson and Breaking Bad; culture crash, organized crime and constant failure. If you cannot appreciate the dark humor and irony in this premise then you will miss out on the entire story. Expand
  60. Jul 17, 2012
    I really think it's interesting that people complain about loading time, difficulty, and the inability to skip cutscenes.

It's a big game people, the graphics need to be loaded. It's 30 gigabytes because of the amount of graphics. If you think this game is hard, then you need help, try playing the first two games, those were hard. The fact that it's not an open world shooter is part of the Max Payne gameplay, it's not GTA, it's a story driven shoot-everything-that-moves bullet fest. Sure there is cover, but there's not recharging health which occupies so many games today. The graphics are very impressive and the gameplay is solid. Rockstar did a good job with the controls seeing as I never had to touch the options section.

The reason there are long cutscenes is because the game is loading behind them, I for one prefer something to look at while the game is loading rather than a little bar or spinning circle.

Based on what people are saying, they need to go play the first games before writing another review.

Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Story 10/10
    Replayability 10/10

Overall one of the best games I've played this year.
  61. Jun 5, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is probably the best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. I know with it being a Rockstar game you're expected to get a well developed, an outstanding quality product and an immersive experience, Rockstar certainly have done this. To me MP3 makes you actually care about the characters involved in the story especially MP himself, not many games can make you feel emotional forMax Payne 3 is probably the best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. I know with it being a Rockstar game you're expected to get a well developed, an outstanding quality product and an immersive experience, Rockstar certainly have done this. To me MP3 makes you actually care about the characters involved in the story especially MP himself, not many games can make you feel emotional for the protagonist or what is happening around them, once again Rockstar deliver for what their renowned for and thats focusing on giving the audience the best experience possible from the campaign. A lot of people are complaining about the cutscene transition, as far as I'm aware this have never been done in a game before and it works so well, there is a good balance of gameplay and cutscences (I didn't notice there being so many cutscenes that most of the game is based around watching rather than playing?) you never feel lost as to what is happening and it's really immersive how you suddenly become involved in the frantic shootouts. I personally don't feel Rockstar have taken away the core of the MP nostalgia, if anything they have developed on it and embraced it and have made it something their own which to me is a great thing, because we all know that the MP franchise (if they continue with any sequels) is in good hands and they will never dissapoint. The multiplayer aspect of the game is a nice and interesting concept because the previous MP games didn't have the kind of technology or experience to discover how bullet time could work in multiplayer. It's a lof of fun and quite addictive and just feels like a scale downed version of GTA 4 with bullet time but that's not a bad thing. However the real main reason to pick this game up is for the single player, anyone whom is a MP fan or is new to the series, I reccommend this game without shadow of a doubt you will not be disappointed Expand
  62. Jun 2, 2012
    I really liked this game. I keeps me immersed. Movement/shooting is good, cut scenes blend well in to the game play. They can get annoying on harder difficulties having to see them more than once due to deaths.

Multiplayer is fun and doesn't just seem like a last minute tack on.
  63. Jun 15, 2012
    This game is awesome people just cry way to much. I can't get enough of the multiplayer and I will be playing the story again. Get this game now you'll love it
  64. Mar 6, 2014
    This game was broken up a bit too much by cut scenes, but other than that, I thought this game was fun, had a great story, was immersive and had a lot of violence. I feel it should also be noted that this game, while not the most artistically impressive graphics, looks amazing thanks to a very very strong engine. Great physics, bullet wounds, gun mechanics makes this game look great andThis game was broken up a bit too much by cut scenes, but other than that, I thought this game was fun, had a great story, was immersive and had a lot of violence. I feel it should also be noted that this game, while not the most artistically impressive graphics, looks amazing thanks to a very very strong engine. Great physics, bullet wounds, gun mechanics makes this game look great and make you feel like a real badass, especially in slow motion. This game is also challenging, thanks to not having regenerating health. Expand
  65. Jun 4, 2012
    Superb game! Very close to a movie masterpiece. Awesome gameplay, dialogs, story and graphics. Of course some may find that there are too many cutscene, but u can always jump them. One of the best game of the last years. The pc version i trieed is very good, only 2 crashes in a lot of our of gameplay. Very, very good Rockstar!
  66. Jun 22, 2012
    Yes the game has issues like longer cut-scenes and stupid ways to narratethe comic style narration and a totally non existing story. otherwise, its a very good shooter with nie physics, great design and good graphics .
  67. LMW
    Jun 3, 2012
    All I can say is that it is a great, high quality game. However, just keep in mind, that Max Payne 3 has little in common with previous games of that franchise. There is no noir, murky-cold atmosphere, where hope was lost forever. There is also no tragedy, no characters you really miss after their death - almost nothing what made Max Payne and Max Payne 2 so special and memorable. If thatAll I can say is that it is a great, high quality game. However, just keep in mind, that Max Payne 3 has little in common with previous games of that franchise. There is no noir, murky-cold atmosphere, where hope was lost forever. There is also no tragedy, no characters you really miss after their death - almost nothing what made Max Payne and Max Payne 2 so special and memorable. If that doesn't scare you and you are ready for a great, but not authentic Max Payne game - welcome aboard! Great dynamical shooting, nice-looking cutscenes (lots of them), not the worst story (as I said, not much of Max Payne though), vivid high-quality picture and action-apt music / sound effects. Expand
  68. Nov 17, 2012
    If you have a decent computer with a little need of epic 'Die Hard' action you will adore this game. The graphics are splendid, the story is great, and the slow-mo dive and shoot action can't be any better than this. The cons involve the cutscenes and replayablity. If you are patient like me, the long cutscenes and conversations won't bother you too much. Others say the cutscenes didIf you have a decent computer with a little need of epic 'Die Hard' action you will adore this game. The graphics are splendid, the story is great, and the slow-mo dive and shoot action can't be any better than this. The cons involve the cutscenes and replayablity. If you are patient like me, the long cutscenes and conversations won't bother you too much. Others say the cutscenes did too much of the action for you, but trust me, there is enough action to go around. The urge to play the game again lies with you. I personally got a little weary of shooting baddies after about 40 hours and I thought I would last longer. The multiplayer has a sense of Call of Duty in it with perks and such, but with their own twists and some-what original ideas. A semi-con with the multiplayer are the DLC's, which I personally loath. Multiplayer is a challenge, and you probably will rage quit here and there, so if you are a person who likes a challenge and wants to master a game, give this a try. It is quite neat. All in all, a good 8/10 is what this game deserves. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  69. Aug 27, 2012
    At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game,At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game, it'll take you for one hell of a ride. Expand
  70. Dec 10, 2012
    It's hard to continue to do so the old game that they were not offended and fans and new players. Rockstar games has done a great job. Addictive gameplay, a very interesting character Max Payne, nice graphics and great gameplay. The game almost a must for any fan of shooters. It is a pity that it is not entirely perfected, contains some bugs, and some missions / maps looks bad. The game,It's hard to continue to do so the old game that they were not offended and fans and new players. Rockstar games has done a great job. Addictive gameplay, a very interesting character Max Payne, nice graphics and great gameplay. The game almost a must for any fan of shooters. It is a pity that it is not entirely perfected, contains some bugs, and some missions / maps looks bad. The game, however, really very good. My Rating - 8.5 / 10 Expand
  71. Jul 7, 2012
    In my 30+ years of gaming this has to be one of the best titles I've ever played. They took the best bits of every bad 80s action flick and ported them into this bloodbath masterpiece. My only gripe, which I'll echo, is of course the narrow environments which don't allow for any real tactics in dispensing the enemy. There were a few glitches but nothing really irritating. Kudos to R*
  72. Dec 26, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is undoubtedly an excellent game, the gameplay is very well maintained, full of details and nuances that make it quite striking (Whatever is the bullet time and animations during firefights make the experience quite unique and very entertaining) . The story, narrated by Max (The voices are very, very good), is very well developed, using a lot of cutscenes with a "comic" filterMax Payne 3 is undoubtedly an excellent game, the gameplay is very well maintained, full of details and nuances that make it quite striking (Whatever is the bullet time and animations during firefights make the experience quite unique and very entertaining) . The story, narrated by Max (The voices are very, very good), is very well developed, using a lot of cutscenes with a "comic" filter (A reference to the other Max Payne). That this for many was a major snag as there are many scenes where want to do something on their own but the game does a cutscene, which makes it very casual parties, since it seems more a movie than a game, not even the majority can be skipped. In paragraph audiovisual technology and Rockstar did a great job, works very fluid, uses advanced DirectX 11 effects, and the soundtrack and the sounds of the weapons are manicured. The multiplayer, pretty simple, serves to fill, not addicting and matchmaking is pretty bad, sometimes entertaining, but the campaign is enough (about 15 hours). Definitely a game is recommended for those who want a simple game linear and explosive style of Hollywood movies. Expand
  73. Jul 15, 2012
    Rockstar have once again landed another outstanding game under their name. Max Payne 3 was an awesome experience and is worth every penny. The game itself performs very well, even on the highest settings I only noticed a performance drop in the parts of the game where there was alot of action going on. The gameplay is nice and the gunplay is pretty damn awesome and there is nothing moreRockstar have once again landed another outstanding game under their name. Max Payne 3 was an awesome experience and is worth every penny. The game itself performs very well, even on the highest settings I only noticed a performance drop in the parts of the game where there was alot of action going on. The gameplay is nice and the gunplay is pretty damn awesome and there is nothing more satisfying than diving through the air and then watching a bullet accelerate towards your targets skull in slow-mo. But beware, if you're not into cinematic games, don't buy this, as you will likely find yourself getting annoyed as the cutscenes are not skippable. Personally, my only gripes with this game are some minor gameplay issues. Such as the camera switching to the opposite shoulder by itself. There is also times where you will be put into a 'last stand' phase, which involves killing the enemy who put you into last stand - or you die. My only problem with this was that from my experience the only enemies who triggered this were ones that were behind obscure cover and therefore I couldn't kill them. All in all this game receives a 9 out of 10 for incredible gameplay, incredible story and pretty decent graphics. The multiplayer is also okay, but I haven't had time to fully get into it. Expand
  74. Dec 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MP3 is a great game - really cool shooter with all the best features taken form previous MPs... All? Nope, unfortunately not, the story of MP3 is about one old dude, whose best time-killers to be drunk and to moan all the time about his hard life etc etc etc. All that he do - drink, moan, kill, moan... Pathetic.
    As an old-hard-boiled fan of MP I really hate Rockstar for killing Max's soul, the soul of noir, deep sadness, revenge moving stroy... Remedy was the best in creating MPs story (eternal respect to Sam Lake), I was really unhappy when heard about the deal between Remedy and Rockstar. At first there was crapped movie about MP, then...
    But in the end - MP3 is not that bad, as you may think from my review. Rockstar has balls in game developing business, the game itself is not total crap.
    I don't want to describe everything for too long, so I'll put it in a nutshell: it would be perfect if the game was named "Die Hard", but not "MP3". It's not Max Payne...
  75. Jun 3, 2012
    Great game, better than modern **** Gameplay is really good, graphics is good, plot is great, soundtrack is great. Play the game, enjoy the game, I recommended.
  76. Jul 7, 2012
    a perfect sequel to the Max Payne series, greatly optimized for the PC with superb graphic and addicting gameplay. Great storyline as well. This game really deserves a 10/10 score.....
  77. Jun 1, 2012
    This is the definitive version of max Payne 3, I started playing on Xbox360 but stopped to play it as intended on pc, mouse and keyboard feels amazing just like the original max Payne, but reimagined for a new generation, excellent pc options , I can crank it all up with my gtx580, tesellation is awesome too, graphics and physics are amazing, excellent. Enjoyable old school third personThis is the definitive version of max Payne 3, I started playing on Xbox360 but stopped to play it as intended on pc, mouse and keyboard feels amazing just like the original max Payne, but reimagined for a new generation, excellent pc options , I can crank it all up with my gtx580, tesellation is awesome too, graphics and physics are amazing, excellent. Enjoyable old school third person action gaming with great story and gameplay. Expand
  78. Jun 25, 2012
    This has to be one of the best games i have ever played. I feel vomit crawling up the back of my throat when i see people complaining about cutscenes for the reason that its a story based shooting game and besides, the cutscenes were gorgeous with a twisted story that i found spectacular. Although it was clearly meant for consoles, the pc version ran smooth as a babys buttcheeks bar a fewThis has to be one of the best games i have ever played. I feel vomit crawling up the back of my throat when i see people complaining about cutscenes for the reason that its a story based shooting game and besides, the cutscenes were gorgeous with a twisted story that i found spectacular. Although it was clearly meant for consoles, the pc version ran smooth as a babys buttcheeks bar a few flickering issues.
    On a more negative point i found the character design a bit sloppy in regards that the only real max feeling came from the voice acting. Personally i think going bald was a big nono for max.
    Other than that, the mind blowing engine that physicly models each bullet, the weapon detail, the destruction, the graphics, the multiplayer and of course bullet time are all executed perfectly by rockstar. I couldnt rate this game higher. Not feeling completely like a max payne game wasnt an issue for me because what it became was something far superior.
  79. Jun 18, 2012
    What can I say? A cutscene around every corner? control of max taken from me every five minutes? It almost feels like they wanted to make a movie. 10/10 for being a great game. 20/10 for being a great movie as well.
  80. Jul 4, 2012
    Best game of 2012 thus far. Incredible story, solid gameplay and amazing art direction. R* may not have made Max Payne 3 dark and 'noir' enough for a lot of people; regardless, this is an extremely well crafted game in all aspects. Highly recommended.
  81. Jun 3, 2012
    "A masterpiece of underworld carnality, depravity and violence."-The Guardian.
    â
  82. Jun 2, 2012
    Rockstar managed it again to impress me, even after all the games that came out this year .. This game feels like playing a movie and thats what i want - i want to get entertained, without thinking of balance or competive thing. Just play and enjoy the story .. really good job rockstar, thumbs up!
  83. Jun 5, 2012
    Compelling story. The on screen effects are something took a while for me to get used to, and i wasn't sure if I liked it at first. But i definitely do now. The only thing I don't like is that the maps are tiny. In a way I guess it fits the game, but I would have liked to see some bigger maps as well.
  84. Aug 14, 2012
    Apart the many cutscenes that may break your gameplay rhythm (but not my case) and the login request to play, i found the game enjoyable with good graphics, effects and environments. The new cover system fits well in the game and of course you can still kill dozen of thugs using the bullet time, which has been improved and it's simply amazing to see. Body parts are perfectly localized, youApart the many cutscenes that may break your gameplay rhythm (but not my case) and the login request to play, i found the game enjoyable with good graphics, effects and environments. The new cover system fits well in the game and of course you can still kill dozen of thugs using the bullet time, which has been improved and it's simply amazing to see. Body parts are perfectly localized, you can shoot on a leg or an arm and your victim will react accordingly. Animations are fluid enough. Didn't found any bugs or "technical issues", not a single problem with this game. Maybe i'm very lucky, or somebody is exaggerating his esperience. I've played both prequels, the game is less noir indeed, no comics to read (cutscenes do the job now) and no dark new jersey to clean up, but what it offer is still great. Expand
  85. Jun 3, 2012
    Another masterpiece by Rockstar. Max Payne 3 exceeded all of my expectations, a worthy sequel to the franchise. The gameplay is satisfying, feeling the impact of each bullet that you fire into an enemy. The graphics are beautiful, and the story is great. It really feels like you're playing an action movie. The downside is that I experienced a lot of bugs, from cutscenes not triggeringAnother masterpiece by Rockstar. Max Payne 3 exceeded all of my expectations, a worthy sequel to the franchise. The gameplay is satisfying, feeling the impact of each bullet that you fire into an enemy. The graphics are beautiful, and the story is great. It really feels like you're playing an action movie. The downside is that I experienced a lot of bugs, from cutscenes not triggering to continue the story, to random crashes or failing to start up. The health meter, while classic to the series, is really dated at this point. Running around finding "health kits" really takes away from the experience and they really should have implemented regenerative health, like recent FPS games. Expand
  86. Jun 17, 2012
    ELGRINGO - you are an idiot. You admit yourself that there are only a couple of issues and that the game is fun - and one of the issues is that you can't skip cutscenes! Little pathetic boy wants to make a difference so he gives a good game a bad score. You made a difference - a difference in what people think of you, moron.
  87. Jun 3, 2012
    So far, this game has been a lot of fun. First, the graphics are pretty, and the game play is surprisingly fluid on my mid-level machine. The story is interesting, well-written, and characters seem to interact well (for a video game). This is a rarity in the gaming world, and I find that a breath of fresh air. Now for the downsides. Every once in a while, I experience crashes and glitches.So far, this game has been a lot of fun. First, the graphics are pretty, and the game play is surprisingly fluid on my mid-level machine. The story is interesting, well-written, and characters seem to interact well (for a video game). This is a rarity in the gaming world, and I find that a breath of fresh air. Now for the downsides. Every once in a while, I experience crashes and glitches. The cut scenes seem to abruptly start and stop. So I am trying to move Max around, and realize it is a cut scene. Then the cut scene ends without warning, and I realize people are shooting at me. Slight annoyance. Oh, and lastly, the price is very steep; $59.99. Is it worth the price? I would say yes, if and only if you are willing to live with the cut scene stop and go and the DRM, which is slightly less annoying than Diablo III. Expand
  88. Aug 5, 2012
    AWESOME GAME!!! MAX IS BACK! :)

AWESOME GAME!!! MAX IS BACK! :)

This game is superb, i love it. PC Graphics were good enough if not too good to be true :)! Singleplayer completed on normal, i can say... It gives some challenge!!! Damn it can be hard when the enemies are brutal to you. When you are not behind cover. And when u are, they are going to rip u apart still. They come to you and dont wait behind theyre covers, thats crazy AI tactics ganking. GJ even tho hard yeah. 9/10 multiplayer is OK, but not so good still. Singleplayer 10/10
  89. Jun 9, 2012
    I'm on my third play through.. The first time was a bit of a chore.. the second time, it started growing on me.. the third time, I started pulling off insane manuvers.. clearing room fulls of goons in a single strategic bullet time dive..

Its a deceptively simple gameplay mechanic.. Easy to get into, tough to master, consistently brilliant. Game of the year.
  90. Feb 17, 2013
    Best of 2012! A work of art. Exquisite!
    Nothing to complain. They did everything right!
    Excellent visuals, outstanding playability, luxury atmosphere, compelling story.
    The work and dedication have its fruit and is called: Max Payne 3
    Thanks "Rockstar" by this superlative game!
  91. Jun 10, 2012
    Very good game despite some irritating stuff (yes, too many cut-scenes and CoD level). Amazing graphics (very good optimized PC version), perfect animation, detailed world, superb sound... To be clear, it is not Max Payne what I expected but it is still very good Max Payne. There is no noir atmosphere from predecessors but I was prepared for that. It is not a perfect game but if you canVery good game despite some irritating stuff (yes, too many cut-scenes and CoD level). Amazing graphics (very good optimized PC version), perfect animation, detailed world, superb sound... To be clear, it is not Max Payne what I expected but it is still very good Max Payne. There is no noir atmosphere from predecessors but I was prepared for that. It is not a perfect game but if you can forgive minor flows definitely worth buying. Expand
  92. Jun 17, 2012
    Just finished playing the last level of Max Payne 3. What an amazing game!

Pros: Gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, level design, voice acting. Controls are optimized, and the game runs well on older PCs. Almost every level has a breathtaking action sequence that made me admire how epic it was. The mix of cutscenes and gameplay works great, and makes the game more exciting. Cons: The
    Just finished playing the last level of Max Payne 3. What an amazing game!

Cons: The game is a bit too long, and it could have done without a couple of levels, which are not as exciting as the rest of the game.
  93. Jun 8, 2012
    Max Payne 3 flows seamlessly between gameplay and cut-scenes, now whilst the cut-scenes are rather arduous, the graphics are narrative are good enough to make it a worthwhile experience. Gameplay mechanics are fun and enjoying, with a side order of a varied arsenal of weapons that compliments the main meal beautifully. Multiplayer is reminiscent of GTA4's multiplayer but with a Max PayneMax Payne 3 flows seamlessly between gameplay and cut-scenes, now whilst the cut-scenes are rather arduous, the graphics are narrative are good enough to make it a worthwhile experience. Gameplay mechanics are fun and enjoying, with a side order of a varied arsenal of weapons that compliments the main meal beautifully. Multiplayer is reminiscent of GTA4's multiplayer but with a Max Payne style to it with enjoyable movements, bullet time and action.

Pros
    Fun gameplay
    Excellent textures and sounds
    Flows seamlessly
    Good story and narrative

Cons
    Cut-scenes can't be skipped
    Annoying when you die and you go back to 10 minutes ago, so you have to go through the same thing repeatedly.
  94. Aug 16, 2013
    The game was great. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at (gasp) the cut-scenes. I will say I wan't pleased I couldn't skip the first one, since I wanted to setup my graphics settings. But all the rest are skippable by pressing A.

The cover is not supposed to be a core part of the game, you should be using bullet-time as that is the core mechanic of the Max Payne series. The story is

The story is good, very "Die Hard' and the action is quick and responsive. I did play with a controller so I cannot vet the PC controls but really they were always designed to use a gamepad anyway.

Overall its a very fun ride and I enjoyed being in the Max Payne universe again.
  95. Feb 10, 2013
    The game is good but not perfect so i can`t give it a 10 it has great graphics sound and a decent gameplay. I like the change of scenery from US to Brazil it lost some of the dark feeling but it gained more open spaces and hordes of enemies :D I don`t mind the film sensation but the effects in the cut scenes are not that great. The fact that you can`t really explore the game and the doorsThe game is good but not perfect so i can`t give it a 10 it has great graphics sound and a decent gameplay. I like the change of scenery from US to Brazil it lost some of the dark feeling but it gained more open spaces and hordes of enemies :D I don`t mind the film sensation but the effects in the cut scenes are not that great. The fact that you can`t really explore the game and the doors close permanently behind you is a huge flaw of the game they wasted so much potential aslo no puzzeles very linear .The combat system it`s ok but the cover dosn`t allways work and you can`t shoot the AI because they are behind multiple objects but they still manage to fire at you ,aslo you can`t kill the AI from under bridges but they can kill you through any material :D I finished the game on pc on hard and it`s a nice challenge despite some bugs and camera visibility issues. The MP in this game is very weak the pistols are overpowered and the fact that you have to shoot multiple times to get a hs it`s not right it shoud be instant kill also i notices players who have higher levels can regenerate the health when they are under supresion by enemies that is bs.... I recommend this game if you liked MP1 and MP2 and if you like to feel like you are in Brazil Expand
  96. Jun 21, 2012
    Rockstar Games continue the amazing franchise with their awesome game making skills, and they made this game almost perfect, and it fits right in the series.
    The thing I liked the most about this game was that they didn't **** up even one thing, it still feels like a Max Payne game, it's a third person shooter, bullet time is there, the game is as ground breaking as all the games for their time, storyline is great, Max Payne's voice actor is still doing his awesome job, ****ing Captain Baseball Bat Boy is in the game, the game is very fun and best of all; it's challenging.
    The graphics, animation and sound quality is probably the best I've seen so far and everything works just flawless.
    If you are a Max Payne fan, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! Get this game!
  97. Jun 13, 2012
    Mr. Payne has hit rock bottom. No love, no friends. He has been living his life in hiding for nine years popping painkillers and alcohol, but despite all of this he has aged very well. Resurfacing, and climbing to the top, it truly shines in all directions. With beautiful Direct X 11 added and support for Direct X 9, and Direct X 10 it is amazingly stable for the sheer size of megabytesMr. Payne has hit rock bottom. No love, no friends. He has been living his life in hiding for nine years popping painkillers and alcohol, but despite all of this he has aged very well. Resurfacing, and climbing to the top, it truly shines in all directions. With beautiful Direct X 11 added and support for Direct X 9, and Direct X 10 it is amazingly stable for the sheer size of megabytes (Aprox. 30 thousand) it requires. Loading screens are hid as cut-scenes which is more of a downfall then an enjoyment. Breathtaking script, dialog and writing all voiced by the only person who can, James McCaffrey. Unlike the first two you must play by the game's rules and sacrifice your freedom, but for the lack of your freedom, you are rewarded with gory action and a mature dark story. Multiplayer is a new addition and while the game play itself for multiplayer is nothing memorable, it's rewarding in its own way. Selling over three million copies in it's first week alone, it has far surpassed income and player rewards and story then anything that has done in the last five years. It is the platinum of games in an era that has been raped and molested by the Crap of Duty console "gamers." Expand
  98. Jun 9, 2012
    Much was said about third installment of famous Max Payne. Here goes my point of view. Story, as much as its predictable or naive, has balls, and its truly mature. But story isnt the only things taht keeps you with your mouth open. Technically, the game is awesome ( i dont count some minor bugs), graphics together with physics make this game really 18+. We can divide sound into two parts :Much was said about third installment of famous Max Payne. Here goes my point of view. Story, as much as its predictable or naive, has balls, and its truly mature. But story isnt the only things taht keeps you with your mouth open. Technically, the game is awesome ( i dont count some minor bugs), graphics together with physics make this game really 18+. We can divide sound into two parts : Soundtrack and Voicecast -- both awesome. Together with story we get a multiplayer and arcade mode. Multiplayer, although it has soem bugs taht needs to be fixed is maybe even better than main storyline. Load of mods and a lot customizable characters/loadouts make it even more fun. All in all this game is great, and definietly worth the price ( bought for 49,99euro on steam - but i got copy of L.A.Noire for free) :) Expand
  99. Jan 11, 2014
    Its a great game, but it has its annoyances as mentioned by others: long, unskippable cutscenes, sometimes to the point that interferes with gameplay, by simply taking off a lot of desired freedom of the player to interact with the environment. Aside from that, the story is good and the actual gameplay is fun as well. I got it for about $5 and it was surely worth every penny. DisregardIts a great game, but it has its annoyances as mentioned by others: long, unskippable cutscenes, sometimes to the point that interferes with gameplay, by simply taking off a lot of desired freedom of the player to interact with the environment. Aside from that, the story is good and the actual gameplay is fun as well. I got it for about $5 and it was surely worth every penny. Disregard people giving this game a zero - this game has its annoyances but it surely has its highlights. I can understand people being upset because I also played MP 1 and 2. I guess I'd also be upset at some extent if I bought it for full retail price. Expand
  100. Jun 2, 2015
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    The Story is indeed great, and ending is satisfying.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]