Max Payne 3 PC

7.7

1. Mar 5, 2013
    Fantastic, My favorite video game ever, great graphics and visual effects, a game-play that doesn't get boring or less amusing even after multiple game plays, and Max is the deepest, most depressing, most-living video game character I've ever played with.
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    I loved this game. How can you not love a depressed drunk who can't help but stick to his word running around shooting the **** out of everyone? This game does a real good job of making you feel like a total badass. Realism is completely brushed aside for the sake of kicking ass. Accuracy for example, Max Payne can hit someone on the far side of a sky scraper roof with an uzi whileI loved this game. How can you not love a depressed drunk who can't help but stick to his word running around shooting the **** out of everyone? This game does a real good job of making you feel like a total badass. Realism is completely brushed aside for the sake of kicking ass. Accuracy for example, Max Payne can hit someone on the far side of a sky scraper roof with an uzi while hanging from a helicopter by his ****ing legs. Now that's man mode. I didn't even try the multiplayer so I don't know about that but the campaign was fun as hell. Best game of the year IMO. Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2013
    Best game of 2012 for me, the pc ports really rocks: dx11 support, really smooth even on my old machine and full support also for 3dvision, great job Rockstar, more of this!!
    The game contains a lot of cut scenes very well done and much better than most of the movies i've seen recently, the action is frenetic and it can be also very tough on hard difficulty setting.
    Multiplayer also is
    Multiplayer also is very good, i'm playing with some friends and having a lot of fun, there are levels to advance like most of the recent fps shooters.
  4. Jan 25, 2013
    After I played both prequels, I was worried they could have changed the meaning of payne like others did because the understanding of video games changed in the past few years. But, after all, I am very excited about what was produced by Rockstar and how they could connect the game to its prequels. The athmosphere is awesome. Seldom felt like being that in a game instead of sitting infrontAfter I played both prequels, I was worried they could have changed the meaning of payne like others did because the understanding of video games changed in the past few years. But, after all, I am very excited about what was produced by Rockstar and how they could connect the game to its prequels. The athmosphere is awesome. Seldom felt like being that in a game instead of sitting infront of a monitor and just playing. Music fits great to the surrounding and the story is one of that good old scool action hero movie style tales. I guess all most negative comments are written from guys who played the payne to relaxe or next to 2 or 3 other games. To get the best out of that game you have to treat it like a good book. Just enjoy it once in a while in the afternoon and play it chapter for chapter. Great stuff! Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    This is the first game, that I have ever given a 10 out of 10. For this genre, it's the absolute best you could get. It's a masterpiece! The story is great, you feel like you really know Max Payne as a person and can feel how depressed he is, he isn't just a stupid lifeless video game character. The game play is even better than the previous two, as it capitalized and expanded on allThis is the first game, that I have ever given a 10 out of 10. For this genre, it's the absolute best you could get. It's a masterpiece! The story is great, you feel like you really know Max Payne as a person and can feel how depressed he is, he isn't just a stupid lifeless video game character. The game play is even better than the previous two, as it capitalized and expanded on all of the features introduced in the original games. You really can't ask for any more in this genre. Now I don't have a single problem with the game, however I do have a problem with many reviews on this site, discouraging people from buying the game, as it almost did for me. For example, on steam forums, multiple posts have said something like this "Was psyched about buying the game until I saw the reviews". As there were probably many more that didn't post on the forums. I think that Metacritic should really think about taking some of those bullsh*t forums off that are affecting the rating, and discouraging customers from buying. Secondly, the most common "fault" in this game (according to the negative reviews on this site) mainly consist jibber-jabber about the length and inability to skip cut scenes. Now I don't know if you guys just are posting bullsh*t reviews for fun, or if there actually was an update recently, because I swear, that in the bottom right side of the screen during every cut scene there is a button saying "press enter to skip". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's almost 200 reviews of 0's and 1's that are dragging this truly incredible game's user score down to a 7.4/10. It really is an exaggeration when someone says "shoot, cut scene, shoot." I mean, people MUST be just posting stupid reviews for fun. Furthermore on the cut scenes, the cut scenes are what separate this game from the average third person shooter, IT GIVES IT A STORY, I mean it's not like they are boring, well unless your not a fan of the action movie genre. So seriously, skip them if you want, the rest of us will watch and enjoy, and if you REALLY HATE games with a story, then please, do us a favor, and go back to call of duty, or one of those other midless shooters. Overall, the reviewers of this game really need to cut the crap, and open their eyes to the button in the corner of the screen that allows you to skip cut scenes. Keep it up, Rockstar, you continue to make games that impress, and wow the action game genre of video game players. Expand
  6. May 2, 2013
    With its mature story and intense shooting, Max Payne makes for one of the best single player experiences from this generation, with up to 10 hours of visual entertainment, accompanied by clever storytelling and one of the best voice acting in gaming history. The multiplayer is also one of Rockstar's finest, offering a nice array of customizable options with pretty standard gamemodes, butWith its mature story and intense shooting, Max Payne makes for one of the best single player experiences from this generation, with up to 10 hours of visual entertainment, accompanied by clever storytelling and one of the best voice acting in gaming history. The multiplayer is also one of Rockstar's finest, offering a nice array of customizable options with pretty standard gamemodes, but the bursts and bullettime work so well that, after a few matches of getting used to, you will enjoy every stylish and simply awesome kill you'll pull off online. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    I select easy ok EASY. For me when a put a game in easy, is because I want to finish it but not with Max Payne 3 For Roch Stars easy equal hard. Impossible to finish this game unless a good gamer can be but I'm a casual. Yet another waste of money for me.
  8. Mar 14, 2013
    Max Payne 3 made a great comeback for the franchise and Max Payne comes back as hard as ever. One thing you will notice straight away is the superb graphic and the extreme details in the graphic. Max Payne 3 have of the BEST graphic I’ve seen with a TPS game. Max Payne 3 is a very cinematic game. And all the loading screens are replaced by cutscenes so you wouldn't be bored staring at aMax Payne 3 made a great comeback for the franchise and Max Payne comes back as hard as ever. One thing you will notice straight away is the superb graphic and the extreme details in the graphic. Max Payne 3 have of the BEST graphic I’ve seen with a TPS game. Max Payne 3 is a very cinematic game. And all the loading screens are replaced by cutscenes so you wouldn't be bored staring at a boring loading screen screen. The story is catchy and the single player campaign is tense and fun. Max Payne 3 also have one of the BEST dual wield mechanic and shooting mechanic for a TPS game. The AIs in MP3 are also one of the most realistic AIs I've seen in a game. The AIs are capable of gettin headshot of the player especially the elite soldier/cops. The AIs with shotguns can also get a one shot-kill of the player if the player gets too close. And don't forget the funs and grippy multiplayer complete with the bullet time mechanic and shoot dodge mechanic.There are the usual game modes such as death match team death match but one of the main game mode is the gang war which is a combination of different game modes including grabbing the bag, capturing the turf, one team tries to defend a turf while the other tries to capture the turf and when the turf is captured the capture team will move on to capture the next turf etc. There are also many different interesting and fun game modes in the gang war mode. This game mode really supports teamwork. Overall the Max Payne 3 is SUPERB game. The single player have a grippy and fun campaign. And the multiplayer is tense and very interesting. Max Payne 3 is a game shooter fans should NOT miss!!! Expand
  9. Mar 23, 2013
    This is quite simply one of the slickest, smoothest and most satisfying games I have ever played. It looks incredible and the artwork theme is incredible, giving the game such a unique feel. The cutscenes and menus are slick and the game moves flowingly throughout. It's lack of bugs and glitches only add to it's seamless atmosphere. The in-game mechanics are well-balanced giving theThis is quite simply one of the slickest, smoothest and most satisfying games I have ever played. It looks incredible and the artwork theme is incredible, giving the game such a unique feel. The cutscenes and menus are slick and the game moves flowingly throughout. It's lack of bugs and glitches only add to it's seamless atmosphere. The in-game mechanics are well-balanced giving the bullet-time and movement a satisfying substance whilst remaining tasteful. The story is deep and immersive, Max Payne's character is rich and goes against the grain of Hollywood's heroes. It's so rare to have a game that feels and plays like a well-made film but this is the perfect way to describe Max Payne 3. Playing this game is like watching Pulp Fiction for the first time, you simply won't forget it and you'll want to watch it again. Max Payne 3 gives what every gamer lusts for, an actual experience built on detail, story and fantastic gameplay. Buy the out of it. Expand
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    Beautiful story, great shooting mechanics, amazing visuals, good soundtrack, on the other hand cover mechanics could be simplified, could introduce some vehicles... All in all, the single player is equally as awesome as multiplayer, really excited to see the crews transiting into GTA V and other titles. Perfect shooter.
  11. Apr 29, 2013
    Not sure where all the bad reviews come from, maybe people expected something different. The plot is decent the mechanics are good, body physics is great. I bought it due to 3d vision support and it was great experience, really enjoyed the 'shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene". there is absolutely nothing wrong with it for me, although I'm not oging to replay it forNot sure where all the bad reviews come from, maybe people expected something different. The plot is decent the mechanics are good, body physics is great. I bought it due to 3d vision support and it was great experience, really enjoyed the 'shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene". there is absolutely nothing wrong with it for me, although I'm not oging to replay it for every achievement possible. Expand
  12. May 21, 2013
    one of the best games ive played. took a while getting used to but once i did i couldn't stop. love max payne the character, intense missions, great storyline
  13. Sep 1, 2013
    Before I played it I was a bit worried since it isn't made by Remedy, but having played it I'm not disappointed. It's even more like the previous ones than I had hoped. The story is just as dark. I can't think of a major negative thing about it. Sure there are some small ones like the loading that sometimes can't be skipped and some part being unnecessary hard, but all in all it's a masterpiece.
  14. Aug 21, 2013
    This is one of the 25 best games I've ever played. The best action I've ever seen in a third person shooter. The story is great, Max Payne is probably the best video game character ever. The score makes everything more badass and epic. And the multiplayer gets you take part of some gang action.
    If you liked the other Max Payne games, or any other Rockstar game, you'll love this!!
  15. Sep 18, 2013
    Beats out all the other previous Max Paynes. The games great for the PC. Its beautifully optimised. Graphics are very detail and great. The gameplay is superb.
  16. Sep 11, 2013
    Best TPS ever. Best optimised for PC ever. Very great multiplayer. Excellent graphics. And the best continuation of Max Payne as much as possible. Well done Rockstar!
  17. Oct 28, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is my game of the decade. i don't remember last time when i screamed like a kid while shooting goons in mid air with pistol in one hand and fully automatic in another,bullets zipping past by me in slow motion,seeing the air around you slowly woven with spiraling bullets, fractured glass, and plumes of shredded paper. massively fun, inhuman violent. ragged bullet wounds, charredMax Payne 3 is my game of the decade. i don't remember last time when i screamed like a kid while shooting goons in mid air with pistol in one hand and fully automatic in another,bullets zipping past by me in slow motion,seeing the air around you slowly woven with spiraling bullets, fractured glass, and plumes of shredded paper. massively fun, inhuman violent. ragged bullet wounds, charred flesh, dismembered limbs. sweet sweet blood. lots of it. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. Totally one of my favourite games. Story, phisics, music everything is perfect. And, thats it. Multiplayer is pretty awesome too.
  19. Dec 15, 2013
    I didn't bother playing this game on any difficulty under "hard" and it seems like that's the way the game was meant to be played.

The gameplay is very fun. You keep a feeling of mortality the entire time and thus have to carefully plan out your moves or else be forced to replay the scene. Every room is well designed for an action-packed gunfight, even though it really leaves it entirely up to you how you will go about it.

As many people have said and been outraged with, the cutscenes can be long, and it takes a bit before you can skip them. I had no problem with this, however, as the story is very good. If you expect to replay the campaign several hundred times or suffer from untreated ADHD, this might bother you. Otherwise it only contributes to the masterpiece.

The graphics are absolutely stunning. Especially for the time of release, but even still. The environments are full of life in the immediate area, and the distant scenery immerses you in the setting. The environments are constantly changing, from a nightclub rooftop, to the Panama Canal, to the dark, snowy streets of Hoboken. The constant changes in scenery keep things very interesting whilst at the same time aiding the plot.

The violence is pretty extreme (a plus, in my opinion) and gives you a view of bullets entering the faces of your enemies as they wince in pain. You can usually tell when you've scored a kill, not only because the reticule changes color but also because of an awesome spurt of blood from the enemy's head/face.

The entire way through, Max also mutters hundreds of cynical and sometimes hilarious comments about whatever is happening. It's easy to become attached to the main characters with all of the depth and detail that Rockstar provided. With the added subtleties and implications in the story, I think this could easily make a great film

It's disappointing to see so many unsatisfied players and bad reviews. This game instantly made its way to my all-time favorites. I would recommend it to anyone.

... But make sure you play it on hard difficulty!
  20. Dec 3, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creoEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  21. Aug 12, 2014
    Great graphics, story, and gameplay. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10, but giving it a 10 to offset stupid reviews that give it a 0 just because it wasn't a game you assumed it was. A 0 should only be given to a game that is completely unplayable, aka it doesn't run at all and you couldn't play a single minute of the game.

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a lot of cut scenes and a lot of action. Very enjoyable.
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    I'm simply amazed by the effort that Rockstar put into the development of the PC version. I have heard that this one is not a port, but a game that was simultaneously developed along with its console counterparts. By seeing the way Rockstar optimized this game for PC, I can, without a doubt, say that GTA V on PC is going to be pretty awesome.
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadasEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  24. Dec 15, 2014
    Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives.Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives. From what I know, the game stayed a lot of time in development, but, in my opinion, even a game came out so good that I take at least 10 hours related to PC. Animation and frameworks that have been used games give an air of film, which can sometimes feel like you're watching a movie.

Story 14/15
    Extra 4/5
    Replay Value 5/5

Last score: 96
  25. Nov 24, 2014
    I have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing hisI have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing his favorite tune on the piano before being thrown into yet another heroic gun battle. It not only kept all the charm of the previous series, but has managed to add so much more! Well done Rockstar for creating another piece of unforgettable video game history! Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2014
    FANTASTIC game. One of the best action games i have ever play. I found better from previous max payne games because may payne 3 has better gameplay, more locations , good story and is ROCKSTAR... A must buy. MAX PAYNE 3 deserve BETTER sales. I hope for similar max payne 4 from Rockstar
  27. May 26, 2015
    My opinion!: My favorite game of all time, played it through 5-6 times and I just keep going back every 5-6 months. There's just some kind of satisfaction I get from this game, the 80's action movie style of this game just melts my brain. It's just too perfect for me. My favorite soundtrack too... Just so weird... Max Payne will you marry me?
  28. Feb 25, 2016
    Best game out in the last six months of 2012. Amazing gameplay, nice graphics, unique optimization, not bad multiplayer. This game everyone should to try! Good job Rockstar.
  29. Aug 1, 2015
    I'm enjoying the game. One of the best I played.
    Beautiful graphics. Great storyline. And the traditions of original Max Payne are kept.
    There was nothing i disliked about the game.
  30. Jun 1, 2012
    Absolutely superb game. beautifully optimised for PC with loads of lovely DX11 goodness added. Wonderful looking game and every bit the Max Payne I wanted it to be. If you liked the first two you must get this.
  31. Jun 8, 2012
    Okay, a few things to be understood about this game before purchasing: YES it is a linear third-person shooter, YES it has a lot of cut-scenes, and I don't find either of those factors to be a problem. Max Payne 3, like so many other Rockstar games, tries to craft a good story, and I find that it does a better job of doing this than most other story focused third-person or first-personOkay, a few things to be understood about this game before purchasing: YES it is a linear third-person shooter, YES it has a lot of cut-scenes, and I don't find either of those factors to be a problem. Max Payne 3, like so many other Rockstar games, tries to craft a good story, and I find that it does a better job of doing this than most other story focused third-person or first-person shooters. The voice-acting is good, HEALTH did an excellent job with the soundtrack, and the graphics and settings are very nice. The game knows exactly what it wants to be and pulls it off. I did have the game crash on me a few times and there are issues with the "Last Stand" mechanic, but overall I was very satisfied with the experience. Before getting this, be aware that it plays a lot like a movie interspersed with a third-person shooter, but I find it worked very well. If you don't care for cut-scenes than this is not the game for you, otherwise I would recommend Max Payne 3. Expand
  32. Jun 7, 2012
    I have a tendency to go into gun-ho marathons of epic game playing and usually let myself go wild like a kid on Christmas morning, but MP3 makes me want to hold back solely out of not wanting the game to end. Fantastic graphics coupled with a gripping story and great gameplay makes this game a definite contender for GOTY. It is comforting to see a developer not make a game for people whoI have a tendency to go into gun-ho marathons of epic game playing and usually let myself go wild like a kid on Christmas morning, but MP3 makes me want to hold back solely out of not wanting the game to end. Fantastic graphics coupled with a gripping story and great gameplay makes this game a definite contender for GOTY. It is comforting to see a developer not make a game for people who need to have their hands held for the entire experience, not to mention adult themes. Well done Rockstar. Expand
  33. TIZ
    Jun 2, 2012
    This game is very good, about what ppl say for the storyline it's true, its basically a movie not a game. Normally this will make me rate a game low...but for some reason Max Payne 3 does it right, I'm very interested and feel involved in the story of Max. Parts of the story are a bit corny at moments but overall good. The graphics are really good, the requirements are a bit extreme andThis game is very good, about what ppl say for the storyline it's true, its basically a movie not a game. Normally this will make me rate a game low...but for some reason Max Payne 3 does it right, I'm very interested and feel involved in the story of Max. Parts of the story are a bit corny at moments but overall good. The graphics are really good, the requirements are a bit extreme and over the top i think, with a GTX570 (or above) any i5, i7 CPU @3GHz and 8GB RAM can max the game out on a single screen with all features on. The voice acting is good according to me, the sound is good as well. The gameplay and bullet time is unique and fun. Overall fun game and its more or less true to the original max payne series. Expand
  34. Nov 25, 2012
    Let me say first that I've never played any Max Payne games before, but I still got the story. The game does an excellent job to convey how broken Max Payne as a character really is. You don't see many protagonists that are drowning in demise and it is an interesting break from the **** testosterone-filled protagonists of other games. You really do feel for the main character and evenLet me say first that I've never played any Max Payne games before, but I still got the story. The game does an excellent job to convey how broken Max Payne as a character really is. You don't see many protagonists that are drowning in demise and it is an interesting break from the **** testosterone-filled protagonists of other games. You really do feel for the main character and even though I don't know how he lost his kid and wife, I still felt sorrow when he visited their graves. The game does an excellent job weaving it's narrative smoothly with the game play sections by having the player hear Max's thoughts every now and then. All the supporting characters are also well done. They are believable and voice acting is top notch. The game play is is also pretty fun. Bullet Time is great. I love how action packed each encounter is and how satisfying it is to clear a room of baddies with the last kill cam being a slow motion close up of your bullet lodging itself deep into the enemy's skull. The game doesn't shy away from violence as it shows the gritty world Max lives in. The settings of this game is also something worth mentioning. From the favelas of Sao Paolo, Brazil to the gritty and dark concrete of New York City, the game does surprise me at every turn. I see some people here commenting on how cut scenes are prevalent, and they are, but it does wonders for this game. Cut scenes are used to dramatic effect and it really does add to this game. This is definitely one of the best games I've played all year. Expand
  35. Jun 16, 2012
    I don't know how many hours I've put into this game so far (a lot). This game blows my mind so hard in so many ways that I'll just start listing random awesome features. Visuals are STUNNING and the game runs like butter. The acting taken together with the cutscene animations of the characters make the dialogue so natural that you watch cutscenes slack-jawed. And, even as a Max PayneI don't know how many hours I've put into this game so far (a lot). This game blows my mind so hard in so many ways that I'll just start listing random awesome features. Visuals are STUNNING and the game runs like butter. The acting taken together with the cutscene animations of the characters make the dialogue so natural that you watch cutscenes slack-jawed. And, even as a Max Payne veteran (bought Max Payne 1 for $50 on Xbox 1) I will tell you that Rockstar innovated Bullet-time to be the most fascinating thing I've ever seen in a game. It never. Ever. Gets old. I don't think killing enemies in a video game will ever feel this satisfying, except in Max Payne 4. Rockstar implemented some awesome system where bullets blast these disgusting entry and exit wounds into people's heads, and wounds anywhere on the body spurt blood. And this is the single most replayable game I've ever played. The only things I would change are allowing players to hit a button to skip cutscenes to make replays of levels less annoying (but you definitely wanna see every cutscene the first time through). And in multiplayer they really need to remove the enemy nametags over people's heads, because I'm always shooting at nametags clear across the map and getting kills, and I know people are doing the same to me. Enjoy. Expand
  36. May 13, 2015
    I've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happenI've read the negative reviews to find what people complain about the most. It was "lack of gameplay and unending cut-scenes." I love the Noir genre, and this game implements the narrative of the Noir fiction with extreme quality and depth of understanding. The story is so involving, i stayed up deep into the night, just to find out what the story kept from me, and what would happen next. The game balances action (player shooting) with the story-telling (cinematic interludes) and thus moves the whole plot with highly lubricated efficiency. I really-really enjoyed this game for this specific quality - ability to grab me, plunge into the story, which as a player i am part of to such an extent that i cannot stop playing. Amazing game. Expand
  37. Jun 11, 2012
    After a very long waiting period, Max Payne is finally back with a bang! And on PC it's looking very, very good, the rig provided...i'm now on my second playthrough (wanna get all the golden guns), and no major bugs or glitches found. one thing that annoys me though, is that Max changes his weapon hand during cut scenes. i may have a shotgun in my hands, come cutscene i stand there with aAfter a very long waiting period, Max Payne is finally back with a bang! And on PC it's looking very, very good, the rig provided...i'm now on my second playthrough (wanna get all the golden guns), and no major bugs or glitches found. one thing that annoys me though, is that Max changes his weapon hand during cut scenes. i may have a shotgun in my hands, come cutscene i stand there with a pistol and have to change again manually. but this is critic on a very high level. the rest; the story, the graphics, the writing/dialogues, missions, gameplay, it's fits all perfectly together. my GAME OF THE YEAR! cheers Expand
  38. Jul 3, 2012
    I pre-ordered this game off of steam the second I heard about it. The previous Max Payne games were amazing (or at least from what I remember from my childhood). The graphics in this game are beautiful, words can't describe how happy I was to be able to run this beautifully made game on max settings. The story is very intriguing, I grew are rare close bond with main character that wasI pre-ordered this game off of steam the second I heard about it. The previous Max Payne games were amazing (or at least from what I remember from my childhood). The graphics in this game are beautiful, words can't describe how happy I was to be able to run this beautifully made game on max settings. The story is very intriguing, I grew are rare close bond with main character that was mediocre. The gunplay and action are a solid 10/10 but the difficultly curve skyrockets after the second level. The multiplayer has problems, while enjoy the customization options for the characters, I don't enjoy the fact that all the guns are useless except for a few extremely overpowered weapons that I've had to use so that I don't break my keyboard in rage. It really takes out the point of buying new weapons when you know the starting ones are the most powerful. Other than Campaign and Multiplayer all the other game modes are a joke. With all the hype this game brought I would have expected and over the top action experience, which I got...in Campaign. The other modes of the game are iffy, tread carefully. Expand
  39. Jun 2, 2015
    BOY, was this game fun!!!!
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    Beautifully executed, this game kept me hanging on till the end. Play on Hard right away, and you will have some real memorable challenge that could be remembered from first two games. Brilliantly engineered mechanics and good graphics are not even what make this game so epic. The
    BOY, was this game fun!!!!
    This is nostalgic game, bringing back good old memories of MAX Payne 1 and 2.
    The Story is indeed great, and ending is satisfying.
    I have very little time for Video Games, and i dont regret one bit spending those hours to be truly entertained.
    This is GOTY 2012 so far!!! Don't hesitate, to buy this amazing work. There is only one negative aspect: if you die, you cant scip long scenematics, but who cares?
  40. Jun 1, 2012
    Having played the previous Max Payne titles, so far I have to say I'm really enjoying this game! Bullets create entry and exit wounds as they zip through your enemies, it's brutally awesome. The cut-scenes are great, kind of a blend between Man on Fire and Collateral. I must say though, all of Rockstars games have a similar feel, in terms of movement (thanks to euphoria) and in terms ofHaving played the previous Max Payne titles, so far I have to say I'm really enjoying this game! Bullets create entry and exit wounds as they zip through your enemies, it's brutally awesome. The cut-scenes are great, kind of a blend between Man on Fire and Collateral. I must say though, all of Rockstars games have a similar feel, in terms of movement (thanks to euphoria) and in terms of the shooting mechanics (e.g. aiming, accuracy, reticule etc) .This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're a fan of it. Thankfully Rockstar didn't botch the PC version of this game, unlike GTA IV. It runs smooth and suports DX11 as well as tessellation. Expand
  41. Aug 15, 2012
    Technically it's reasonably well done and what you'd expect. The visuals are better; good character animation and excellent world detail. Together with bullet-time it makes for an enjoyable experience. What sets this game apart though is the story line. Looking at other reviews its obvious you either love it or hate it. Personally I greatly enjoyed Max Payne as the failed anti-hero -- weTechnically it's reasonably well done and what you'd expect. The visuals are better; good character animation and excellent world detail. Together with bullet-time it makes for an enjoyable experience. What sets this game apart though is the story line. Looking at other reviews its obvious you either love it or hate it. Personally I greatly enjoyed Max Payne as the failed anti-hero -- we meet him as a broken man failed both personally and professionally. An alcoholized private bodyguard in a foreign country, who soon learns he is in way over his head. That being said, the story often plays on clichés and stereotypes, and you've got to see it tongue-in-cheek. Max Payne is a hopeless figure and not your typical action hero. Its a mix of Hunter Thompson and Breaking Bad; culture crash, organized crime and constant failure. If you cannot appreciate the dark humor and irony in this premise then you will miss out on the entire story. Expand
  42. Jul 7, 2012
    In my 30+ years of gaming this has to be one of the best titles I've ever played. They took the best bits of every bad 80s action flick and ported them into this bloodbath masterpiece. My only gripe, which I'll echo, is of course the narrow environments which don't allow for any real tactics in dispensing the enemy. There were a few glitches but nothing really irritating. Kudos to R*
  43. Dec 26, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is undoubtedly an excellent game, the gameplay is very well maintained, full of details and nuances that make it quite striking (Whatever is the bullet time and animations during firefights make the experience quite unique and very entertaining) . The story, narrated by Max (The voices are very, very good), is very well developed, using a lot of cutscenes with a "comic" filterMax Payne 3 is undoubtedly an excellent game, the gameplay is very well maintained, full of details and nuances that make it quite striking (Whatever is the bullet time and animations during firefights make the experience quite unique and very entertaining) . The story, narrated by Max (The voices are very, very good), is very well developed, using a lot of cutscenes with a "comic" filter (A reference to the other Max Payne). That this for many was a major snag as there are many scenes where want to do something on their own but the game does a cutscene, which makes it very casual parties, since it seems more a movie than a game, not even the majority can be skipped. In paragraph audiovisual technology and Rockstar did a great job, works very fluid, uses advanced DirectX 11 effects, and the soundtrack and the sounds of the weapons are manicured. The multiplayer, pretty simple, serves to fill, not addicting and matchmaking is pretty bad, sometimes entertaining, but the campaign is enough (about 15 hours). Definitely a game is recommended for those who want a simple game linear and explosive style of Hollywood movies. Expand
  44. Jul 15, 2012
    Rockstar have once again landed another outstanding game under their name. Max Payne 3 was an awesome experience and is worth every penny. The game itself performs very well, even on the highest settings I only noticed a performance drop in the parts of the game where there was alot of action going on. The gameplay is nice and the gunplay is pretty damn awesome and there is nothing moreRockstar have once again landed another outstanding game under their name. Max Payne 3 was an awesome experience and is worth every penny. The game itself performs very well, even on the highest settings I only noticed a performance drop in the parts of the game where there was alot of action going on. The gameplay is nice and the gunplay is pretty damn awesome and there is nothing more satisfying than diving through the air and then watching a bullet accelerate towards your targets skull in slow-mo. But beware, if you're not into cinematic games, don't buy this, as you will likely find yourself getting annoyed as the cutscenes are not skippable. Personally, my only gripes with this game are some minor gameplay issues. Such as the camera switching to the opposite shoulder by itself. There is also times where you will be put into a 'last stand' phase, which involves killing the enemy who put you into last stand - or you die. My only problem with this was that from my experience the only enemies who triggered this were ones that were behind obscure cover and therefore I couldn't kill them. All in all this game receives a 9 out of 10 for incredible gameplay, incredible story and pretty decent graphics. The multiplayer is also okay, but I haven't had time to fully get into it. Expand
  45. Jun 3, 2012
    "A masterpiece of underworld carnality, depravity and violence."-The Guardian.
    â
  46. Aug 14, 2012
    Apart the many cutscenes that may break your gameplay rhythm (but not my case) and the login request to play, i found the game enjoyable with good graphics, effects and environments. The new cover system fits well in the game and of course you can still kill dozen of thugs using the bullet time, which has been improved and it's simply amazing to see. Body parts are perfectly localized, youApart the many cutscenes that may break your gameplay rhythm (but not my case) and the login request to play, i found the game enjoyable with good graphics, effects and environments. The new cover system fits well in the game and of course you can still kill dozen of thugs using the bullet time, which has been improved and it's simply amazing to see. Body parts are perfectly localized, you can shoot on a leg or an arm and your victim will react accordingly. Animations are fluid enough. Didn't found any bugs or "technical issues", not a single problem with this game. Maybe i'm very lucky, or somebody is exaggerating his esperience. I've played both prequels, the game is less noir indeed, no comics to read (cutscenes do the job now) and no dark new jersey to clean up, but what it offer is still great. Expand
  47. Jun 17, 2012
    ELGRINGO - you are an idiot. You admit yourself that there are only a couple of issues and that the game is fun - and one of the issues is that you can't skip cutscenes! Little pathetic boy wants to make a difference so he gives a good game a bad score. You made a difference - a difference in what people think of you, moron.
  48. Aug 5, 2012
    AWESOME GAME!!! MAX IS BACK! :)

AWESOME GAME!!! MAX IS BACK! :)

This game is superb, i love it. PC Graphics were good enough if not too good to be true :)! Singleplayer completed on normal, i can say... It gives some challenge!!! Damn it can be hard when the enemies are brutal to you. When you are not behind cover. And when u are, they are going to rip u apart still. They come to you and dont wait behind theyre covers, thats crazy AI tactics ganking. GJ even tho hard yeah. 9/10 multiplayer is OK, but not so good still. Singleplayer 10/10
  49. Feb 17, 2013
    Best of 2012! A work of art. Exquisite!
    Nothing to complain. They did everything right!
    Excellent visuals, outstanding playability, luxury atmosphere, compelling story.
    The work and dedication have its fruit and is called: Max Payne 3
    Thanks "Rockstar" by this superlative game!
  50. Jun 8, 2012
    Max Payne 3 flows seamlessly between gameplay and cut-scenes, now whilst the cut-scenes are rather arduous, the graphics are narrative are good enough to make it a worthwhile experience. Gameplay mechanics are fun and enjoying, with a side order of a varied arsenal of weapons that compliments the main meal beautifully. Multiplayer is reminiscent of GTA4's multiplayer but with a Max PayneMax Payne 3 flows seamlessly between gameplay and cut-scenes, now whilst the cut-scenes are rather arduous, the graphics are narrative are good enough to make it a worthwhile experience. Gameplay mechanics are fun and enjoying, with a side order of a varied arsenal of weapons that compliments the main meal beautifully. Multiplayer is reminiscent of GTA4's multiplayer but with a Max Payne style to it with enjoyable movements, bullet time and action.

Pros
    Fun gameplay
    Excellent textures and sounds
    Flows seamlessly
    Good story and narrative

Cons
    Cut-scenes can't be skipped
    Annoying when you die and you go back to 10 minutes ago, so you have to go through the same thing repeatedly.
  51. Sep 7, 2012
    All I can say is I'm loving this game. Keep in mind reviews are a matter of opinion. My opinion is that this game is worth your money and you should buy it. For people that don't like cut scenes, don't buy this game. I for one hate them (usually) but Max Payne 3 has managed to keep my attention through every one. Truth be told when this game was first announced and screenshots were comingAll I can say is I'm loving this game. Keep in mind reviews are a matter of opinion. My opinion is that this game is worth your money and you should buy it. For people that don't like cut scenes, don't buy this game. I for one hate them (usually) but Max Payne 3 has managed to keep my attention through every one. Truth be told when this game was first announced and screenshots were coming out I was really turned off. Playing both Max 1 and 2, then seeing pretty colors and warm weather instead of the dreary cold city streets I was even more so dreading what they were doing with the game. Well, I should have held my horses because it is all explained why Max is where he is. Not to mention it goes deep into detail Max's mental state and why he has the drastic change in attire and physical appearance. Action scenes are fun and challenging. I prefer to play on a harder setting and then go through the game on easy and **** **** up! As far as the multiplayer goes I can't really comment. I've played just a pinch of it but I can say I like that too. Mechanics are pretty darn similar to the single player as far as smoothness and re spawning is painless. I love that a lot. Well, that is my opinion. Cheers, folks!! Expand
  52. Jun 5, 2012
    Very fun shooting mechanics with many options, and superbly executed story. Very good graphics for PC with support for DX9, 10, and 11 as well. Very story- and character-driven, just like the first two games. Captures their spirit well, plus it has the Rockstar touch. If MP3 is any indication of what's to come in GTA V, then GTA V will be incredible. A little on the short side, but theVery fun shooting mechanics with many options, and superbly executed story. Very good graphics for PC with support for DX9, 10, and 11 as well. Very story- and character-driven, just like the first two games. Captures their spirit well, plus it has the Rockstar touch. If MP3 is any indication of what's to come in GTA V, then GTA V will be incredible. A little on the short side, but the writing and characters are brilliantly done, and it does have replay value. Better than Diablo 3? Probably not. But still one of the better games on PC so far this year. Expand
  53. Jun 5, 2012
    If you liked the previous games of Max Payne, you should get this one too. One of the best games this year so far. Its almost perfect in my opinion, but 30gb on hdd needed? Damn, that's too much for a tps. Anyway, this game is great and im giving just 9 because of the bugs and hdd requirements.
  54. Jun 3, 2012
    MY VIEW FOR THOSE WHO ARE TIRED OF ANGER AND SPAMMING POSTS AND USELESS GAME REVIEW SITES.

Yes, I'm one of the many (mainly Steam purchasers it seems) who have had trouble launching the game. But I'm not going to waste time slagging Steam/Rockstar off for this problem, even though it wasted much of my time sorting out. I'm currently playing Max Payne 3 with a modified .exe, but hey, I'm playing Max Payne 3!

Firstly, as is usually the first request of any PC gaming enthusiast, what are the graphics like? Well, put simply, they are consistently outstanding. I'm fortunate enough to be playing the game @ 2560x1440 with maxed out settings and it runs buttery smooth. Rockstar has finally done itself proud by giving us, the PC gamer, a extremely well optimised game. If you have the hardware then you're in for a treat, Max Payne 3 may not grab the number one spot for outright visual splendour (although it is worthy of nomination) but it does win an award that almost every game - even PC exclusive titles - can't get close to; it contains a high level of texture work that PC gamers expect. Crysis may still be deemed as great looking but many of it's textures are awful up close, the same can best said for many of the so-called visual PC behemoths. Max Payne 3 manages to look excellent not just most of the time, but all of the time. Coming from Rockstar, who are renowned for detail rather than cutting edge graphics, this is an amazing achievement. Whether the PC version was built from the ground up; shares parts with the console versions; or is largely a port, doesn't matter. Apart from one thing (which I'll comment on in a minute) Max Payne 3 for the PC looks like a bona fide PC game, through and through. Rockstar may not have included the myriad graphics settings that dazzle most in Serious Same BFE, but the choice of DX9-DX11 settings allow for good scaling. At it's highest settings Max Payne 3 looks to switch on every cutting edge feature, placing the PC version leagues ahead of the console offering. Again, credit to Rockstar for this hugely evident visual increase. I played both Max Payne and Max Payne 2 and enjoyed them immensely using the faithful mouse and keyboard controls. But honestly, Max Payne 3 plays better on a gamepad. With a XBox 360 controller the game is simply better. I'm a veteran gamer, the M&K is what I consider myself a master of, but this game doesn't seem to work well with it. As soon as I plugged my gamepad in, it all came together, and the one thing that may stand out as a console trespasser to most is actually welcomed by me. The weapon select dial that sends hordes of PC gamers into a frenzied mutiny is perfect for the job in Max Payne 3. Seriously, if you feel yourself playing this game and all the while something is niggling away inside your head, get a gamepad and plug it in. The Marmite love and hate relationship with the cut scenes is understandable. Initially I wasn't too keen on the , what seemed to be, intrusion of Rockstar's story book, but after a while they started to fit the game well. For those that are still complaining that Rockstar haven't replicated the previous games should take a chill pill and enjoy what it has created. In true Rockstar fashion what we have here is a story well told, a story that you want to continue, one that makes it hard for you to hit the quit button. Yes it's ridiculous, yes it's brash, but it's something that many games have lost over recent times. IT'S FUN! Running through baddies whilst picking them them off is amazing fun. Rockstar have somehow managed to make the real time gunfights as fun, if not more so, than any bullet time event. The action is powerful, brutal and bloody, you'll often feel so invigorated after even a short exchange of bullets that you'll watch yet another cut scene with bated breath, the story driving you toward the next exciting instalment. The audio is very nice. Rockstar has a great eye for detail (just look at the amount of detail in GTAIV) and it knows how to do sound, too. Everything just works, it fits. The music, the effects, the voice work, all of it is superb. The accompanying tunes are so good you don't even notice them. That may sound odd, but it's very important that any in-game music does not become centre stage. Be part of a game, help towards making the experience epic, but don't overdo it. Rockstar has done well here. Unfortunately, as with it's previous titles, Rockstar have gone slightly overkill with the language. Yes, I understand this kind of thing in the real world would involve lots of unsavoury characters who have a plethora of naughty words in their vocabulary, but is there a real need for the large amount of bad language that Rockstar put in it's games? I'm not so sure.

So, is Max Payne 3 any good? Yep. Worth the full price? Yep. Multi-player any good? Probably definitely, don't know, haven't tried it yet. Just get it, it's Max!
  55. Jun 3, 2012
    Very impressive. A few graphical hiccups - but a wholesome, thrilling and paced game. Haven't played the previous Max Payne games, and this has been an excellent game nonetheless, and has in fact bolstered by knowledge of the overall trilogy?
  56. Jun 9, 2012
    Graphics- 10
    Gameplay- 8
    Soundtrack- 10 Story- 9 Absolutely incredible game! As a fan of MP1 & 2 i can attest that the "max Payne" feel is still there, even halfway across the world. You dont have to be a fan of the series to enjoy this game though. The graphics are amazing hands down. I'm looking to purchase the soundtrack cause it's that awesome. The game play is fun, engaging and
    Graphics- 10
    Gameplay- 8
    Soundtrack- 10
    Story- 9

Absolutely incredible game! As a fan of MP1 & 2 i can attest that the "max Payne" feel is still there, even halfway across the world. You dont have to be a fan of the series to enjoy this game though. The graphics are amazing hands down. I'm looking to purchase the soundtrack cause it's that awesome. The game play is fun, engaging and challenging with various options such as tactical maneuvers, using cover, crouch and prone while still having a 360 degree firing arc. The story and cut-scenes was also engaging making it difficult to decide that you've played for too long in one sitting. Feels like your playing a 10 million dollar budget Hollywood movie. Only annoyances i really found was the switching of weapons when coming out of a cut scene. takes too long to switch to, drop and pickup a rifle. Also for those looking for the collectible second time around the cut-scenes are a bit long to wait through. Other than that, it's a superb title and a must for anyone into smart FPS'.
  57. Jun 12, 2012
    Spectacularly good. The graphics are excellent, the framerate is smooth, the levels are detailed and expansive. The gunplay mechanic is absolute perfection and I love the new visceral level of violence. The cover system is great and the robust gunplay as a whole facilitates different play-styles depending on what you feel like at the time. For me this game is a new benchmark for shooters.Spectacularly good. The graphics are excellent, the framerate is smooth, the levels are detailed and expansive. The gunplay mechanic is absolute perfection and I love the new visceral level of violence. The cover system is great and the robust gunplay as a whole facilitates different play-styles depending on what you feel like at the time. For me this game is a new benchmark for shooters.

Best of all though - and this is where most other games fall flat - is the solid writing and story delivery. Finally a game where I care about what I'm doing and why. Max Payne is realised in all his resigned, nihilistic, down-and-out glory; a violent, alcoholic John Proctor. Stylistically Rockstar have pushed things with some lovely video filter effects (that emphasise Payne's - typically hungover - state of mind) and a very clever treatment of the comic-book story presentation pioneered by Remedy that integrates flawlessly with the in-game action. Combined with the lively South American setting it all works brilliantly.

Executed to such a high level in every respect, I enjoyed this even more than the previous Max Payne games. Amazing job Rockstar, loved it!
  58. Jun 13, 2012
    Really enjoyed playing this game and thought that the £30 i paid for it was well worth what i got in terms of a overall package in return. I can see that a lot of people are slating the game on its mechanics/cutscenes etc, and i can see why, especially if you've never played the Max Payne series before. The cutscenes masking the loading is a great idea i thought, it explains more ofReally enjoyed playing this game and thought that the £30 i paid for it was well worth what i got in terms of a overall package in return. I can see that a lot of people are slating the game on its mechanics/cutscenes etc, and i can see why, especially if you've never played the Max Payne series before. The cutscenes masking the loading is a great idea i thought, it explains more of the story and embeds itself well into the whole feel of what the game is in its entirety. I've always played Max Payne because i want it to tell me a story, because i am actually interested in the events which befall Max given the events of the previous two games. At first i was worried when the whole story was taken away from NYC, but to be honest rockstar have done a great job in moulding all the new games features into a totally new location. It feels authentic to play. I have also started playing multiplayer, and aside from encountering the odd hacker (unlimited HP) and a few slight problems with the matchmaking, the games and game modes them selves are refreshing, challenging and a hell of a lot of fun to play, which is what i think they were going for! There are tons of guns to buy and upgrade and 'Bursts' to use in game which improve your efficiency on the field, all of which are good fun to work towards. Overall i am pleased to have bought and played MP3 and hope to continue on the multiplayer. I think that the mix of excellent writing, gameplay (minus a few bugs, hence the 9 score!) and good looking graphics is enough to keep most MP3 fans happy. Pc users can also expect better graphical options over the console versions, so if you're running a top end rig, crack up the graphics in DX11, the look great!! Expand
  59. Jun 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es la primera vez que encuentro esto para "Juzgar" online y ante personas con criterio; puede ser la primera vez en esopero jugando no es mi primera vez y MAX PAYNE 3 satisface todo lo que un joven en sus vacaciones de verano necesita para alejarse del aburrimiento y de los malos habitos como son muy comunes aqui en Colombia que si no es futbol es plomo y no el elemento quimico como tal, vicio robo y desastre lo que podemos vivir de forma "sana" en los videojuegos como este y otros en especial de la saga rockstar games ;) que siempre me mantiene entretenido en "Cosas malas" que a la vez son muy buenas". Excelente juego Expand
  60. Jun 14, 2012
    Different?? Yes. But did Rockstar keep to the roots of Max?? YES! Does this game deserve a "0" rating?? NO not at all! '0" to me means NOTHING at all is good and that is certainly not the case with this addition to the Max series. Been in computing since the 70's and have a little idea of the internal makings of a game...Rockstar did their homework AND is following up as well to make for aDifferent?? Yes. But did Rockstar keep to the roots of Max?? YES! Does this game deserve a "0" rating?? NO not at all! '0" to me means NOTHING at all is good and that is certainly not the case with this addition to the Max series. Been in computing since the 70's and have a little idea of the internal makings of a game...Rockstar did their homework AND is following up as well to make for a great gaming experience. Don't like the cutscenes? I suppose we all loved the graphic panels in 1 & 2, because in my mind they are one and the same. Not going into particulars as the play-ability of the game speaks for itself. No 10 cause that means all perfect, but a strong 9 and the urge for all pc gamers to check this baby out!! Nice Rockstar...and Remedy agrees!! Expand
  61. Jul 4, 2012
    You idiots will never be satisfied with a modern sequel to a classic game. Emphasis on the 'classic'. Max Payne 3 is a great game and a welcome addition to the franchise. If I had to play another run-and-gun no-cover always-diving with dated graphics, I wouldn't be rating this game so highly. The controls in Max Payne 3 are fluid and much improved over the originals. Max's character andYou idiots will never be satisfied with a modern sequel to a classic game. Emphasis on the 'classic'. Max Payne 3 is a great game and a welcome addition to the franchise. If I had to play another run-and-gun no-cover always-diving with dated graphics, I wouldn't be rating this game so highly. The controls in Max Payne 3 are fluid and much improved over the originals. Max's character and voice acting is superb and is a definite improvement as well. The cover systems keeps the game challenging and intense between all the baddies shooting at you. The cut scenes which everyone **** and moans about disguise the loading screens - a modern improvement to an old concept? Whodda thought! The gameplay is extremely satisfying and rewarding, never gets old even after 10+ hours of play. If you're a fan of the previous instalments of Max Payne, please ignore the idiot reviewers who will never be satisfied with anything other than the original games and do yourself a favour - get Max Payne 3! I've already put twice the time into MP3 than I did either of the originals, because I'm enjoying it so much. Haven't touched multiplayer, just because I only know Max Payne for the single player...but I've heard its a decent addon as well. Expand
  62. Jul 5, 2012
    fantastic game...though was a bit boring in the beginning chapters but den d story truly develops and the game begins to rise as well..lovable characters ... gr8 voice play...nice cutscenes and cool music...ol in ol a satisfying game after quite a bit of time...
    hope to see more of such games...
  63. Oct 3, 2012
    I love how I looked at the PS3 reviews and the "most helpful" ones were positive and then on PC they are mostly negative. I love PC gaming, but the community is a bunch of crying **** to be honest. No game is perfect you guys take one flaw and give the game a zero. Have you ever heard of an objective review? Get off your high horse and make your own game if you think you know so much about gaming.
  64. Aug 24, 2012
    Wow, i'm completely thrown off by so many negative scores on the game.
    Wow, i'm completely thrown off by so many negative scores on the game.
    I really don't want to focus too much into all this negative criticism but I have to say that I understand now why games like call of duty which is pretty much a copy paste year after year has become one of the most succesful, best selling games but this same gamers are the ones that give Max Payne 3 a very low score but eat the **** that EA defecates every god forsaken year.
    Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
    I have played all of the Max Payne games and I have to say that this is the best of the franchise.
    The story is compelling, interesting, the one liners are sometimes cheesy but work well with the character. Max can be a bad ass at times and others a bit pathetic, and that makes it feel totally human.
    There has been complaining about not being able to skip cutscenes, apparently the game loads the map while playing the cutscenes, so you dont see a friggin "Loading game" screen ever. I rather see the story than a black screen, thank you very much Rockstar.
    Talking about Rockstar there is one thing that really muddles the narrative, the constant flash of the screen, and the highlight of certain words that the characters are saying, I have a hard time trying to describe this. I mean it's fine for a while but after 10 hours of gameplay, it gets old and by the time you get to the end, you hate it.
    The graphics aren't ground breaking but look well enough, I was amazed about the amount of details put on the scenery, specially when playing through the favelas, evidently they put a lot of work into making them look realistic. I played in a 40 inch screen at 1920x1080 and game looks very nice and plays smoothly and I dont have a high end video card.
    The controls are responsive most of the times, cover works fine, despite what some people might say, although there is one flaw, going from cover to cover sucks big time.
    One thing I dont understand is the laser beam on the weapons. it just doesn't work well, its more an annoyance than anything else. I dont get why should we have it when i'm playing in third person and I have a **** dot on the middle of the screen. the dot beats any laser that the guns may have, that is just silly.
    The game mechanics are true to the series, they added some little tweaks here and there like the infamous last stand, it is all good to me in this matter.
    The difficulty of the game might be frustrating to some people, if you dont like to die, well you won't be happy because you die a lot, you can't just ram the whole game through your enemies, there are times where you have to think how to approach them. In hard difficulty the games offers a challenge unlike other games. I think games are too easy nowadays.
    In conclusion, the game is solid fun, the story is interesting, Max Payne is an interesting character and the narrative i'ts well done, it's action packed, lots of guns and little secrets and rewards to collect throughout the levels. So there is plenty of contect.
    The game took me about 15 to 20 hours, playing in hard.
    I highly recommend this game, you can get a digital copy online (google it) for as low as 20 bucks.
    peace out!
  65. Jul 23, 2012
    I really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 single-player style. The visuals were incredible. The arsenal was varied. The controls were responsive and easy to use. The linear, cinematic format worked well. It was like an interactive action movie with a linear plot and constrained environment. I can see where people who are looking for an open-ended shooter might be disappointed by this and by theI really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 single-player style. The visuals were incredible. The arsenal was varied. The controls were responsive and easy to use. The linear, cinematic format worked well. It was like an interactive action movie with a linear plot and constrained environment. I can see where people who are looking for an open-ended shooter might be disappointed by this and by the numerous cut-scene interruptions of action. It didn't disappoint me. I was enthralled and didn't want to stop playing. I would have given it a 10, but I agree with what many others have said that the player should be able to skip cut scenes if they want to. Overall, though, I liked the game so much that I am now looking for another game with a similar style. Expand
  66. Aug 7, 2012
    The best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. The action is breathtaking and violent, writing is superb (I've never heard such great dialogues in a shooter game, some quotes are just genius), every single detail is perfected. I already completed this game twice, and gameplay still offers a challenge.
    Why 9, but not 10? Even though the story is totally awesome, maybe Rockstar gone to far with an amount of cut-scenes.
    Despite this, Max Payne 3 is flawless.
  67. Jul 31, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great addition to the Max Payne series. Do not let these other whiny reviews ruin your hopes for Max Payne. The biggest complaint I'm seeing from people is about cutscenes - well, had any of you actually played the old Max Payne games, you would realize that Max Payne was told through dozens and dozens of comic book style noire frames, as well as lengthy cutscenes. TheseMax Payne 3 is a great addition to the Max Payne series. Do not let these other whiny reviews ruin your hopes for Max Payne. The biggest complaint I'm seeing from people is about cutscenes - well, had any of you actually played the old Max Payne games, you would realize that Max Payne was told through dozens and dozens of comic book style noire frames, as well as lengthy cutscenes. These ARE Max Payne, and the cutscenes, while lengthy and numerous, are *extremely* well done. Everything from the voice acting to the animations are top notch quality, better than nearly any game on the market, and the developers did an amazing job of telling Max's story. The game play is - very much like the old Max games - extremely intense and fast paced action, broken up by the ability to bullet time, and cutscenes to give you a breather. The only fault I can give this game is the MULTIPLAYER - it is absolutely terrible on PC, and clearly designed for console gamers. While it looks good, and has some nifty features, the entire experience is marred by a complete lack of balance (the most powerful pistol in the game is a .32 revolver, doing nearly TWICE as much damage as a .50 cal desert eagle.....) Any fun that *could* be had in a multiplayer game is immediately ruined when someone high enough level to have unlocked either of the 2 sniper rifles joins the game.Both are 1 shot kill, semi automatic, and one can even hold 20 rounds. Its literally a 1 shot killing machine with 20 bullets and little to no recoil, even a finger shot will kill someone. Not to mention the fact that games that allow people to go into third person and hide behind cover are cheesy enough to begin with, pair that with the superior aiming ability on PC platform and you have a recipe for disaster. All and all, Max Payne is a superb game, and worth every bit of the 39$ I paid for it on steam summer sale, the single player is phenomenally well done, and is a MUST play for any oldschool Max Payne fans out there!

Graphics - 10
    Gameplay - 8 (the weapons are TOO accurate in single player, makes the game too easy)
    Sound - 10
    Voice Acting - 10 Multiplayer - 3
    Replayability - low

Overall I give it a 9/10
  68. Aug 3, 2012
    This is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay. The story wasn't by the same people as Max Payne 1 and 2, so you can expect different. They story was excellent in my opinion. Multiplayer is fine, but if you aren't that great at Max Payne you might die a lot. The same goes for singleplayer. The game is a bit difficult, but the checkpointsThis is the most fun I've had in a game in a while. The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay. The story wasn't by the same people as Max Payne 1 and 2, so you can expect different. They story was excellent in my opinion. Multiplayer is fine, but if you aren't that great at Max Payne you might die a lot. The same goes for singleplayer. The game is a bit difficult, but the checkpoints are plentiful. Expand
  69. Aug 21, 2012
    This is one of those games that pays great attention to storytelling and game technology. I love how Max moves, the animations are top notch, and the game puts heavy emphasis on realistic combat, which puts great difficulty in, but I love it, especially when performing a shootdodge and taking out all the enemies in bullet time, which is very satisfying. I love how it runs on my PC (Core i3This is one of those games that pays great attention to storytelling and game technology. I love how Max moves, the animations are top notch, and the game puts heavy emphasis on realistic combat, which puts great difficulty in, but I love it, especially when performing a shootdodge and taking out all the enemies in bullet time, which is very satisfying. I love how it runs on my PC (Core i3 2100, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 430) on high settings. The story could use some work though. They REALLY should bring back Sami Jarvi on the next iteration of this series, because I want to feel the more noir feel like the first 2 games, unlike the writing put in by Rockstar, which feels like GTA-ish. But I applaud their efforts, and I feel that the game benefited from a huge amount of development time, even though the engine is familiar ( can't help the feeling, because I loved playing Red Dead Redemption too.). Though I don't play multiplayer, because I'm more of a single player type guy, this game is one of the most fantastic third person shooters out there. What I loved about the PC version is it's well optimized, good FPS, even though the recommended specs are demanding. A very good port (Unlike Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PC) which sucks in terms of FPS.) Rockstar did a very good job with this game, and I'm looking forward for their next development (GTA V). If you loved the first two, GET THIS GAME. All I can say is; Welcome Back Max. Expand
  70. Jan 5, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is a game featuring natural and entertaining shooting mechanics, however this is not where the game shines its brightest. It contains some of the best writing I have seen in a video game. It immerses you in a story with a memorable setting and with deep and complex themes that will keep you thinking. The game plays out in a book form, with Max Payne narrating. This is somethingMax Payne 3 is a game featuring natural and entertaining shooting mechanics, however this is not where the game shines its brightest. It contains some of the best writing I have seen in a video game. It immerses you in a story with a memorable setting and with deep and complex themes that will keep you thinking. The game plays out in a book form, with Max Payne narrating. This is something that must be understood before someone plays the game. If they expect a typical game with constant action, they will be bored quickly. There are a lot of cut scenes. To many this is an issue, but I felt the cut scenes played an important part in making the game a story-like experience. Apart from the writing, technically this game is a masterpiece. The animations for the characters make the shooting satisfying and add to the immersion of the game. If you are prepared for a very linear but perfectly crafted experience, than May Payne is perfect for you. Expand
  71. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow, kudos to Rockstar. Seriously, It's like you had Croteam advise you on how to resurrect a franchise. I was a big fan of the original Max Payne's nail biting, "did I use too many painkillers?", get the first shot game play, and that is exactly what Rockstar gave me. This game is well optimized for the PC, and looks and feels great. I cracked into the old MPs like a week or twoWow, kudos to Rockstar. Seriously, It's like you had Croteam advise you on how to resurrect a franchise. I was a big fan of the original Max Payne's nail biting, "did I use too many painkillers?", get the first shot game play, and that is exactly what Rockstar gave me. This game is well optimized for the PC, and looks and feels great. I cracked into the old MPs like a week or two before this came out, and the game play transition from playing old to new felt natural, which is a great sign. This game might have garnered a perfect score from me were it not for minor things, like inability to control the flow of cut scenes, some excessive load times and the sometimes frustrating nature of Rockstar social club's utility. These can all be corrected with a single patch, however, that I have seen. Those people giving this game a 0 solely based on the cut scene annoyance really need to stop and separate their anger from reality before they review something. Sure, it's a glaring flaw, but it's not game-breaking. Game play is solid, story is still total Max Payne, graphics and features are tight, added multi-player is a blast....where are these scads of 3PS's that in their eyes were done better? That is in fact Rhetoric.....because they don't exist. We could use a patch or two, but still, great job Rockstar, and I highly recommend this game to any old fan of Max Payne, or anybody who really likes a challenging third person shooter. (It's also one of the harder shooters to come out lately) MAX PAYNE IS BACK!! Expand
  72. Oct 14, 2012
    Una buena historia, aunque sale totalmente de lo que fue el Max Payne 1 y 2, muy buenos graficos, y muy bien optimizado para pc,
    Sonido:9
    Graficos:10
    Jugabilidad:9
    Historia:9
    Contenido:7
    Disfrute mucho pasando el juego, me parece uno de los mejores del 2012.
  73. Nov 6, 2012
    Excellent attention to detail (I was really impressed), great plot, amazing gameplay and the perfect dificulty. Also, it's long enough and the replay value is significant. The only problems are the long loading times and the unskippable cutscenes in subsequent playthroughs. Most of the game might take place during the day, but it still feels like Max Payne.
  74. Jan 26, 2013
    I love this game. Although the gameplay is a some what repetitive, the story is amazing and the graphics beautiful. Bullet Time is better than ever and you will need it to stay alive, because this game is hard. The only thing that's wrong about the story is that almost everyone dies, but the rest of the story is perfect. I also think that this game has one of the most underratedI love this game. Although the gameplay is a some what repetitive, the story is amazing and the graphics beautiful. Bullet Time is better than ever and you will need it to stay alive, because this game is hard. The only thing that's wrong about the story is that almost everyone dies, but the rest of the story is perfect. I also think that this game has one of the most underrated multiplayer modes of all time, it's extremely deep and fun. Too bad almost no one plays it. If you like crime movies, good stories, slow motion and just a well made game, pick this one up. Expand
  75. Dec 7, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great game but its not for everyone. I loved the game, the action is great but the game feels like one long action movie where you play the shooting scenes and I can see some people having a problem with this. Once again rockstar succeeds with the story from Max Payne 3 even though it is not as dark as the previous two titles. Max Payne is also a beautiful game, this helpsMax Payne 3 is a great game but its not for everyone. I loved the game, the action is great but the game feels like one long action movie where you play the shooting scenes and I can see some people having a problem with this. Once again rockstar succeeds with the story from Max Payne 3 even though it is not as dark as the previous two titles. Max Payne is also a beautiful game, this helps when watching the cutscenes (unskippable). Personally I loved Max Payne 3 and fans of the series should play it the gameplay is much the same with a new cover feature, so it you like slow motion action look no further. Expand
  76. Apr 17, 2013
    great game!! i'm italian and when the enemies speak portoguese, me and max seem the same man!! thanks Rockstar!!
    After i finished this game, my next destination is Brasil!
  77. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a awesome Singleplayer experience. The Multiplayer is almost unplayable, because many server problems and a lot of settings, including the firewall.
  78. Feb 11, 2013
    The gameplay is good, but the camera confuses you sometime. The best part of the game is the story. The narrative in the game does not let the story vague. The voice of the Max demonstrates his loneliness.
  79. Jan 11, 2014
    Max Payne 3

One of the best TPS games i've ever played. His wife and daughter's gone and became a killer contracter in Brazil, San Paulo. He find himself trapped between the vast culture of American - Brazillian. Unable to understand their language and things turning bad on him. Pros: 1. Good story plot and twist. Intense action. 2. Controls that feels smooth. 3. Great
    Max Payne 3

One of the best TPS games i've ever played.

Pros:
    1. Good story plot and twist. Intense action.
    2. Controls that feels smooth.
    3. Great performance (on PC) and doesn't feel like a poor console port. Frame rate is generally better than other titles from the same game developer studio (e.g. GTA IV).

Cons:
    1. Playthrough is too short, 5 hours for me on medium difficulty.
    2. Sometimes, cover is too unlimited. Ubsurd spawn of enemies near staircase and areas with cover. Tests a lot on stealth and agility.
    3. Extremely huge file size for a single game, probably due to the large amount of cutscenes (Don't get me wrong, the cutscenes looks amazing).
  80. Mar 7, 2013
    I liked every single aspect of the game except the cover system....it is very lame...u h to be very precise bfor coming out or sum1 wil shoot u... the gameplay is totally awesome bt the cover system is the only reason i hv given it a 9...
  81. Feb 7, 2014
    i really enjoyed this game , the development of max payne's character along with the story is well done ,and the gameplay is fun as ever making the best use of bullet time , as we were used to in the previous games , and in my opinion this is the best max payne game for me
  82. Mar 31, 2014
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.
    Now - to get this straight - this game isn't for anybody and especially the first hour is painful because there is pretty much nothing but cutscenes. And this pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the game.
    Where's the fun in it? The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.

Where's the fun in it?
    The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne talking nothing but garbage and how miserable everything is. This all however in a voice that makes it seem like they were being serious.
    While the game's self-awareness might be subtle at first glance it becomes pretty clear the more you progress in the game constantly getting close ups of you being killed, enemies being killed and exponentially raising the body count.

This however is a lot different to the atmosphere of the first 2 installments of Max Payne - but those were different times and afaic it would have felt outdated if they sticked with it.
    Instead we get a satiric approach to the action game genre with the main focus on story telling.

Now to the bad parts:
    Last shot feature often **** up and you hang in there for 15 seconds waiting until you can finally hit continue
    Shooting from cover sometimes **** up
    Quite a few times you get thrown into enemies shooting at you literally half a second after the cutscene is finished and you not being in cover.

Personal Overall score: 93%
  83. Jun 21, 2013
    This Max Payne series is one of the best series and this Game is only epic.
    This has very good Graphics, awesome Gameplay and one of the best stories ever.
    The brazilian settings are perfect.
    But the Multiplayer has much hackers and this is sh*t.
    But the Arcade Mode is a good idea and good implemented.
  84. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    The last chapter of one of the most epic trilogies in the entire history of videogames and a huge comeback. I have nothing more to say but a huge THANK YOU to Rockstar Games for this game, a truly perfect ending for the Max Payne story arc.
    Also, intriguing scenarios and beards.
  85. Jul 21, 2013
    One of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according toOne of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according to some, constitute the majority of game time, which isn't true, but anyway, next time Rockstar will have learned it's better to leave a black loading screen instead.
    But if you are not a part of that group of people them I highly recommend this game. The game's a very, very challenging shooter, that requires you to really be accurate in your decisions and with your aiming. You can't rush in, you got to use cover very well and the "bullet time" needs to be wisely utilized. The game has a nice story with some interesting characters and although the gameplay in itself is repetitive, the situations Max Payne has to go through always present a new challenge. He has to face snipers, has to deal with new, has to deal with some armored thugs that seem to be invulnerable and keep getting hit with seemingly no effect, there are parts where Max will be inside a boat or inside a helicopter and will have to be deadly accurate to shoot missiles and granades being thrown at his vehicle.
    There is a really large variety of settings where the game takes place. There is a nightclub, an airport, inside a favela which is an amazing part of the game to me, rich in detail and very accurate to the real thing although always a bit secluded, there are no true open areas. Rockstar really did something different from it's usual here, but the previous Max Payne games were also like that, it's not a game where you'll explore the scenery, it's a straight-forward shooter.
    The voice acting for Max Payne is as great as ever, but I'd say this time it's even better. Max Payne has many, many memorable quotes. The games soundtrack is a great one as well, there are some songs that will stick to your mind, besides the theme song ever present in the Max Payne franchise.
    I really like mature-themed games and games with a realistic presentation, although Max Payne is far from being realistic, it's main character and story is believable, if you care to include the amount of foes a single man can kill by himself as only a gameplay tool to make it a game and not a movie with a few shooting scenes.
    The fact that the game of The Walking Dead got such a great approval from the public and the way some of the recent games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 have been produced, as far as voice acting, story, theme and challenge, I'm very optimistic about the video games actually maturing, going away from the strictly nerdy audience and become recognized as a type of entertainment as respected as movies are, that they aren't something that only people with no life do, showing some qualities that will be recognized and appealing to a lot of people, of all ages.
  86. Jan 6, 2014
    Clearly a good follower of the series.
    Rockstar did a good job with this game.
    Max's voice is present, as well as interior monologue.
    Locations great, furious action, slow motion much better implemented. And last but not least, great optimization.
    Also there are several locations that will delight the nostalgic
  87. Jul 26, 2013
    Good game, Great story true to the heritage. I enjoyed playing it, the shooting was classic, graphics great, story very interesting glimpse into the social strata of brazil and its criminal underbelly. It uses what made the original great and adds a depth to the character that shakes off the bad comic book feel of the first 2.
  88. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  89. Oct 27, 2013
    I don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm veryI don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm very excited for the next game. Expand
  90. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar really did his job with this...the game is just like the precedent titles I mean awesome...An wonderful gameplay and story.The graphics are cool and the title comes with a lot of new stuff and improvements and with the first max payne multiplayer.
  91. Nov 10, 2013
    Why do they say: "it's not Max Payne", "it's not the game but the movie", "it's boring"? Just why?
    It IS Max Payne like the previous parts, we have an angry gringo dealing with the whole army of enemies and not dying after infinite shots on him. We have our favourite PayneKillers, our Favourite Bullet Time, our favourite dismal hero who likes to comment his every step. And it is great, don't you think?
    Yes, it IS like a movie. And what about two previous parts? Especially MP2 was similar to a good film every time I played it. So now instead graphic novels we have cinematographic cut scenes which make all the game being like a movie and this movie is much more interesting than plenty of real movies. And it is interactive. It is just an evolution of previous parts, and it is well done. What's wrong with it? If you want just to shoot, go play Counter-Strike. Besides, I can play and replay MP and MP2 without any attention to the story: I can just skip novels and go on killing bastards. Here I at least know what was all this about.
    And now, if we're speaking about the story... Is it really boring? Or maybe previous plots were so amazing that if they are made as books their author will definitely win the Nobel Prize for them? No. If you think MP3 has the dull scenario just give up your grumbling and make a descent one.
    Oh, the gameplay, of course. Don't you think it is greatly improved? We have much more realistic weapons (and more of them, at last). An interesting and useful "last chance" mode. Max even started to use covers (awesome improvement) and enemies even have slim rudiments of AI. Add here a well done multi-player with many game types. Is it really so bad as you speak about it?..
  92. Sep 9, 2014
    I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You have to play this on PC to get the full experience - 60fps and max settings make this a gorgeous, slick, and smooth as **** ride to get through. Seriously, I didn't even care about the complete linearity of the game, because I wanted to stay on the beaten track so much.

James McCaffrey nails it once again as Max Payne. 9.4/10.
  93. Dec 23, 2013
    In my opinion May Payne 3 was the best computer game in this genre. Because the graphics was very good (it was released in 01. Juni 2012) and the game play too. I liked the location in brazil a lot. Rock on!

9/ 10 because you can skip the cut szenes.
  94. Mar 30, 2014
    The best Third Person Shooter i've ever played. It was kinda hard to complete some parts of the game but thse story, graphics and controls are just awesome! I really recommend this game (Even if you haven't played other "Max Payne" games.
  95. Mar 10, 2014
    Loved it, nice action, nice graphics, story is good, it's like a movie, forget about been super realistic, it's more like a novel, loved it. Also as a multilingual person, I loved how Portuguese sounded through the whole game, much like Elite Squad, Spanish was ok, but that gave the game an extra touch of immersion. Very nice game, totally recommending it.
  96. Apr 14, 2014
    This game is pretty godamn good. The best thing is that it's like modern games but it stays true to the series. The shooting is solid and also the cover system. The Bullet Time is cooler than ever but the **** annoying video affects shouldn't be in the game even if they wanted to show that Max is in hangover. This game is very good and you should buy it.
  97. May 27, 2014
    Egyszerűen remek játék volt. Történet persze ismerős lehet de a játék dinamikája és a hangulata oda szegez a géphez és nem enged... A fő szereplőt a lehető legjobban találták el, azonosulni pedig 1-2 ember biztos fog (köztük én is) majd vele. A zenék pedig zseniálisak itt ott noir de ez miért lenne baj... Remélem lesz Max Payne 4 is...
  98. Dec 4, 2016
    Im a fan of Max Payne since the first game. If you ask me top 10 games ever, will be Max Payne.

I played Max Payne 3 and giving it 8.5. The game is great overall.
    + Slick performance
    + No bugs
    + Voice acting
    + Graphic
    + Action packed

- Too many cinematics
    - Dont feel like old Max Payne games.

Also I liked those nice flashbacks. The NY setting is so much better than South America.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]