McPixel PC

6.4

1. AWG
    Jul 12, 2013
    McPixel wants to be witty and alluring but ends up being a random and wild click-fest. Humour is not so hilarious and gags are often lame but once you learn you can skip all the cut-scenes it's not so terrible.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    McPixel is a point-and-click adventure game with a very simple premise: in each stage, prevent a bomb from exploding within 20 seconds. The gameplay usually consists of interacting with various things on the screen and figuring out what the solution is, usually by deduction (there aren't that many possbilities per stage). If you lose, no problem. The pace is pretty quick, so you'll be backMcPixel is a point-and-click adventure game with a very simple premise: in each stage, prevent a bomb from exploding within 20 seconds. The gameplay usually consists of interacting with various things on the screen and figuring out what the solution is, usually by deduction (there aren't that many possbilities per stage). If you lose, no problem. The pace is pretty quick, so you'll be back in the action soon enough. It's definitely a refreshing take on the genre, sort of like Half-Minute Hero.

A major part of this game is the crude humor. There's a ton of it. This is the sort of game that a 13-year-old boy would love to play but probably shouldn't. That said, I enjoyed the humor quite a bit. When you interact with something, the character normally tries to be a huge jerk. The default interaction with people is to kick them in the groin (male or female). If you're holding something, you'll probably hit them in the face with it too. McPixel rarely does what you expect him to, and that's a lot of what's so funny about the game.

The graphics are bad, but still charming. The music is a little grating. The controls are simple and effective. Keep in mind that this is a short game. I finished it 100% in three hours. Overall, I'd recommend McPixel if you find it cheap, especially for adventure game fans. It's not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
  3. Sep 12, 2013
    very fun game and a cheap one too.
    the game is really short, but it comes with a lot of free DLC
    it has no replay value, once you beat all levels and endless mode it's just the same, with no interruptions i hope community keeps producing new levels. sometimes, the answer to the puzzles it's too dumb, buy, hey its the beauty of the game for the price, i recommended, specially if you
    very fun game and a cheap one too.
    the game is really short, but it comes with a lot of free DLC
    i hope community keeps producing new levels.
    for the price, i recommended, specially if you get it on a bundle or sale
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    So, I got round to playing McPixel today. It's not an easy one to review. I initially played for about 30 mins. And I immediately thought dafuq am I playing?

It's as mad as a sack full of badgers. Nothing seems to make any sense, there's no real logic or process to follow. What works on one level, you can be certain, will never work again. I initially found this frustrating and annoying. I soon gave up and had a bag of wheat krunchies and a cup of tea. I'd had my fill of silliness.

Then a strange thing happened. A few hours later I had an uncontrollable yearning to play it again. Except this time I was prepared. I knew what I was dealing with. It's not refined, in fact it's downright crude and uncouth, but I've certainly never played anything like this before. Once you get on board with how daft it is and you've come to terms with it's visual style and tendency to make absolutely no sense what-so-ever, it's actually a lot of fun.

Turn that noggin of yours off and submit yourself to silliness for a few minutes. You'll have a ball. And that ball will probably have to be inserted up an eskimo's bum.
  5. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is fun and I really enjoy it. It just becomes boring once you beat everything. I realize that SOS works hard at getting more DLC, but after everything is beaten, there's no fun in endless mode. Fun game, but you hit a brick wall after you play every level and find every solution.
  6. Jun 24, 2015
    A FUN little indie game, and it's true what the game warns you about staying too long on the game, because my brain was boiled after playing an hour. Shame that the game got pirated too many times...

1. Feb 6, 2013
    It forces you to switch off the cause and effect mode in your brain and try most insane solutions. Fun! [CD-Action 02/2013, p.65]
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    It's not a big or clever game, but there's value in the small and stupid too, and there's something truly wonderful about it being Steam Greenlight's first release. [Jan 2013, p.69]
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    Dumb idea combined with retro outfitting is sure to meet it's goal. McPixel is a weird cross-over of WarioWare and point'n'click adventure. The game is so bizarre that you are bound to have some laughs. [Aug 2012]