8.6

1. AshishB.
    Apr 7, 2002
    By far the best game I've ever played. The atmosphere is so dense, it engrosses you completely into the midst of the war. Get's my vote over "Max Payne" and "Half-Life."
  2. J.F.
    Mar 5, 2002
    F...ing awesome. So realistic. Super hard yo.
  3. RodneyG.
    Jun 11, 2002
    Good fps with few flaws. If realistic but not so realistic is your bag try this one!!!
  4. Jul 29, 2017
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was an authentic, gritty World War 2 shooter that actually still holds up to this day. Mostly. A lot of the developers who created this game later went on to make the original Call of Duty, and it shows, because this game, like COD Classic, does an excellent job of putting the player firmly in the boots of the soldier during WWII's toughest events. The onlyMedal of Honor: Allied Assault was an authentic, gritty World War 2 shooter that actually still holds up to this day. Mostly. A lot of the developers who created this game later went on to make the original Call of Duty, and it shows, because this game, like COD Classic, does an excellent job of putting the player firmly in the boots of the soldier during WWII's toughest events. The only lagging issue I have with this game is that the graphics and gameplay have not held up very well to today's standards. But aside from that, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is a gritty, realistic representation of WWII, and is worth playing if you are a fan of the original Call of Duties. Expand
  5. Nov 5, 2017
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is one of those games that should be recognised as genre defining. Bear in mind that this was 2002, before Battlefield 1942 and COD. Only a few months behind the likes of Halo. With a story contributed to by Steven Spielberg this game works out as the Saving Private Ryan movie tie in most of us dreamed of.

By far the most iconic mission on offer is the

By far the most iconic mission on offer is the Omaha Beach level. An almost direct recreation of the scene in Saving Private Ryan and here its pulled off well. The player struggling to navigate past machine gun fire and tank traps, over hearing conversations of other soldiers struggling to survive.

Aside from this, the submarine pen mission also stands out. As an officer of the OSS, you must infiltrate a submarine base, get a disguise and sabotage some equipment. You have to show your papers to guards and avoid other officers who might recognise you.

Whilst the graphics are a bit dated most of the sound effects are very well done. This games Thompson submachine gun has this great bassy punch to it that will forever keep it near the top of my most favoured video game weapons. Alongside this most of the voice acting is great and soundtrack by Michael Giacchino is superb.

Naturally for a game so old there are still many flaws. Here we still have healthbars, which aren't inherently bad but also make some of the level design harder. Several times I'd get checkpointed with exceptionally low health meaning I'd go into my next firefight and repeatedly die in one shot. Some might say this makes it gritty and realistic but to be honest its just more frustrating. This was particularly noticeable on one level where you are sneaking through a ruined town and need to counter-snipe several enemies. However, because of the draw distance and some of the foliage it was impossible to work out where some enemies were until they shot you. If you had lost too much health prior to this section you would have to memorise the location all the snipers and perfectly take them out. Otherwise you'd have to constantly quicksave after doing a section perfectly. Both killed the immersion for me.

Interestingly the enemies skill increases as you go through the game, early enemies often bumping into you and needing to cock their weapons whilst later you will face hyper accurate stormtroopers. Sadly the difficulty was only really altered through increased accuracy, reaction time and damage. Most of the missions, particularly the bunker missions gave no opportunity for enemies to demonstrate any flanking manoeuvres.

There is no multiplayer available but from what I remember it was moderately fun. On another minor issue note, playing through origin every second attempt at starting the game up it would crash. Very weird.

Overall, I think that this game still warrants playing (if you can get it working) for some of the level design and sound effects in particular. Naturally CoD and Battlefield have gone on the dominate in the War shooter arena but there are still a few things that MoH can teach the grand children in terms of story telling.
  6. Mar 5, 2011
    The game that started it all.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is actually the forgotten precursor to the modern day Industry leading (in terms of sales) Call of Duty games. Developed by 2015, a group of developers fed up with their monolithic and notorious publisher EA Games were forced to abandon their studio and street cred as they fled to Activision to form a new studio called Infinity
    The game that started it all.

Developed by 2015, a group of developers fed up with their monolithic and notorious publisher EA Games were forced to abandon their studio and street cred as they fled to Activision to form a new studio called Infinity Ward.

Forced to leave their IP behind, Infinity Ward created the WW2 shooter Call of Duty, followed shortly after by the substantial expansion pack Call of Duty : United Fronts, which brought vehicles to multiplayer.

Infinity Ward, looking to transfer to the more lucrative and less pirated console market, agreed to create yet another WW2 follow up Call of Duty 2, a PC and Xbox 360 exclusive launch title that legitimized the 360 as a full fledged next generation console at a time when Sony was emphatically claiming that 'the next generation doesn't start until we say it does'.

Call of Duty 2 was to the Xbox 360 what Halo was to the original Xbox, the killer app the platform needed to justify a purchase.

Activision caved in to Infinity Ward's demands, and in late 2005, the team began work on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, A modern day shooter with a fictional plot that would allow the developers to craft their own story and missions without the same historical restraints of the WW2 era.

Released in late 2007 on PC, PS3, 360, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare went on to sell over 10 million copies, seemingly overnight usurping Industry giants like Halo and Grand Theft Auto to become the Industry's biggest IP.

In 2009, Infinity Ward released the inevitable sequel, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which outsold it's predecessor, and every other game of this generation.

Shortly afterward, Infinity Ward's lead developers Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired, after refusing to begin work on Modern Warfare 3, and wound up going full circle, partnering with EA once again to create Respawn Entertainment. Over 35 developers would abandon Activision's Infinity Ward to join West and Zampella at their new studio.

No doubt hard at work, the developers at Respawn Entertainment have yet to announce their first game, but it all started with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

- Why the history -

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is a wrongfully forgotten game. Released 25 days AFTER Christmas, it had a horrible launch window.

The game probably wasn't finished in time for Holiday 2001, and even if it was, it would have been competing with

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
    Halo : Combat Evolved
    Grand Theft Auto III

All critical and commercial darlings, which in my mind took the limelight from Allied Assault.

Needless to say, not having a console counterpart hurt sales, especially with Halo basically restarting the console shooter trend that Goldeneye 64 began.

Medal of Honor as a franchise self destructed with 2015/infinity ward, and it's legacy is tainted with loads of EA's crappy spin-offs, in the same way that Call of Duty is now being destroyed by Activision with the Treyarch developed Call of Duty games.

But it all began here -

The signature last stand wounded animations, the Epic, massive team battles like D-day Omaha Beach juxtaposed with the stealth and sniping missions.

Clearly, you can see the roots of classic COD4 levels like Gillies in the Mist in the game's solo and sniper levels.

By the year 2011, there isn't much that this game did well that hasn't been done better a decade later, but the basic joy of shooting enemies is still fun, and more than vaguely reminds me of Call of duty: Modern Warfare.

Allied Assault is a forgotten classic. It belongs with Ocarina of Time, Halo: Combat Evolved, Goldeneye, Pong, and Super Mario Bros.

While it didn't bring halo's 2 weapon inventory system or regenerating health to the shooter industry, what it did bring was atmosphere, and incredible action set pieces.

It's what saving private ryan did for war movies, made them more intense and visceral, brought you into battle like never before, selling you an experience you couldn't get anywhere else.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    An excellent game that needs to be promulgated to the masses of gamers who play COD. Single player has never been more compelling. Weapons are amazing. Game is a challenge in itself. I admit as my first pC game I had trouble getting used to controls. But that didn't bother me, it just added to the challenge to the game, which makes it even more interesting to revel in its glory.
  9. ShailM.
    Mar 29, 2003
    Great Gameplay. Environment and atmosphere is of movie-like quality. Superb quality game. Immersive Graphics and fantastic character models. Hard, and fun to play. Mostly realistic, but not frustratingly realistic. Levels are incredible, especially Omaha Beach. Supreme sound work. Awesome weapons. I'll shutup now.
  10. Aug 24, 2011
    I grew up with this game... still is fun after all these years. its basically what really started it all, the MoH series is what started the craze in War FPS games back in the day. though the last good MoH game was AA... the original AA had its share of problems, one of them was the x-ray-teloscopic vision the AI had, along with them all having aimbot, but they fixed that in the expansionI grew up with this game... still is fun after all these years. its basically what really started it all, the MoH series is what started the craze in War FPS games back in the day. though the last good MoH game was AA... the original AA had its share of problems, one of them was the x-ray-teloscopic vision the AI had, along with them all having aimbot, but they fixed that in the expansion packs, I loved Breakthrough the most. though the thing that AA is probably best known for is the level "Sniper Town", and if you have played it, almost any other FPS game wont be able to annoy you with difficulty... Expand
  11. JimC.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This is my favorite game of all time on any platform!!!
  12. BillK.
    Feb 6, 2002
    This is definitely, without a doubt, one of the most impressive titles for the pc this year! The action is so involving and realistic I forgot I was playing a game! The graphics and sound are right on par as well as the cinematics. The only problem I have with this game is the AI. The enemy's is terrific, but sometimes my fellow comrades would make some stupid mistake. Overall, This is definitely, without a doubt, one of the most impressive titles for the pc this year! The action is so involving and realistic I forgot I was playing a game! The graphics and sound are right on par as well as the cinematics. The only problem I have with this game is the AI. The enemy's is terrific, but sometimes my fellow comrades would make some stupid mistake. Overall, it's one of the top ten best of all time! Expand
  13. HenryLouisR.
    Feb 26, 2002
    This game really rocks! Though it doesn't have the same realistic feel to it as Tom Clancy's, it more than compensates with sounds (OooOOOh the sounds!), environment that is texture perfect. The Omaha landing has got to be the best shoot-me-up level I have ever tried! Two Thumbs and big toes UP!!!
  14. WildBrew
    Mar 25, 2002
    Omaha beach landing? Sh*t myself!!
  15. Jean-PhilippeD.
    Jul 1, 2002
    Funny, realistic, enjoying new state, best multiplayer game, real guns at the secondary war, all this is definite MOHAA. The only problem no realistic is one man down over 1000 German!!! But this is not important!!!
  16. YongmookK.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Oh... man~!!#!@$! this game is mad~~~~~ good folks.! Realistic graphics with stong based story line! and the sound track is beautiful!!!! T.T, unstopable real time action! get this game dudes.
  17. JesseH.
    Jan 21, 2002
    Sweet, sh.. dude!
  18. BrianP.
    Feb 21, 2002
    This game is awesome, its even better than the previous ones on the Playstation console. I am looking foward to play Medal of Honor Frontline for the PS2.
  19. ErikK.
    Mar 14, 2002
    A very good game and at the right moment on the market.
  20. ShawnT.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Great game as opposed to frontline.
  21. TuanNgoV.
    Jun 21, 2003
    Graphics kicks butt, and great gameplay too. you could also download blood mods too!!
  22. JimmyS.
    Jun 24, 2002
    This is an excellent game. One with ABSOLUTELY NO FLAWS. Very entertaining.
  23. May 17, 2015
    Still great game ! Great story in single player, excelent sound and music which was awarded. Game worth reminder. Too bad, multiplayer doesn't work now.
  24. Jul 20, 2015
    Fantastic Game. My Favourite FPS Game. The game that revolutionized forever the FPS Games.
    Environment and atmosphere are Great for it's time of release even now playing it with all details at maximum and all visual effects on it is a delight to watch and play.
    All Single Play campaign is very realistic and cinematographic. The Sounds are 10/10 really and the soundtrack...OMG...Powerful, Intense, Dramatic, and so well written it put us right in the middle of the war.
    In Multiplayer Mode This game is 10/10. With the best movements i ever saw on a FPS, and those leans are really handy ;). Fast drop of weapons, quick draws of pistol, fast opening/closing doors fights...all possible to save ourselves. And it has so many Great mods to play. Free-For-All; Team-Match; Objective-Match; Freeze-Tag; Countdown; Capture-The-Flag; Base Assault;Escort-The-Tank; Liberation; Tug-Of-War...and so many more. This is a Game that is STILL ALIVE and it is recommended to all FPS game lovers. Even after Gamespy shutdown and EA stop developing more Medal Of Honor Series there is still Big Communities Doing all their best to Keep this game alive, by providing Master Server's List; Improvement Patches and Anti-Cheats. There are alot of server's and players online.
    Check out this link :

Good Shooting ;)
  25. FernandoL.
    Mar 30, 2004
    Outstanding game!!!!!
  26. Jan 28, 2013
    The grand-daddy of the WWII-shooter genre! It may not have all the frills of some of the newer additions to the FPS genre, but it's still got it where it counts. Somewhat counter-intuitively, however, this war-drama more often than not has you sneaking about completing secret missions rather than joining up with and protecting a squad of teammates. This lone-gunman style is perhapsThe grand-daddy of the WWII-shooter genre! It may not have all the frills of some of the newer additions to the FPS genre, but it's still got it where it counts. Somewhat counter-intuitively, however, this war-drama more often than not has you sneaking about completing secret missions rather than joining up with and protecting a squad of teammates. This lone-gunman style is perhaps somewhat unrealistic, but no less fun. Expand
  27. WaisyB.
    Sep 17, 2006
    MOHAA is a great game...but Call of Duty certainly beats it. The thing that I really hated about MOHAA was its unrealistic gameplay...how can a single guy take out a whole army? But the one place where MOHAA is unbeatable is its multiplayer...its sooooo damn nice with its small and action packed maps. If you want a great single player World War 2 shooter,this is not it,Call of Duty MOHAA is a great game...but Call of Duty certainly beats it. The thing that I really hated about MOHAA was its unrealistic gameplay...how can a single guy take out a whole army? But the one place where MOHAA is unbeatable is its multiplayer...its sooooo damn nice with its small and action packed maps. If you want a great single player World War 2 shooter,this is not it,Call of Duty is.However,if you want a great multiplayer WW2 shooter...nothing beats MOHAA. Expand
  28. Dec 1, 2011
    Perfect game. I still play this with my friends sometimes:simple, not good quality but who cares??, very interesting for multiplayer... Interesting new complicated with perfect quality games dont live as much as this. People like simplicity. This is Great game
  29. Jul 22, 2013
    Literally one of the best games of my life (others being the other medal of honor games). This game is a must. It is just amazing. I literally have no words for it, thats it, No Words.
  30. Dec 12, 2011
    i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro,i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............ Expand
  31. Dec 24, 2013
    Still the best of the series in my opinion. Great graphics. Long missions/game, but not tedious, and not unrealistically difficult. Not the type of game making you wish you had the quick save feature either. The D-Day mission made me feel like I was there, and that's a rarity for me. It's just that well done. Linear game, but not a game that feels like it needs a sandbox feature. Still itStill the best of the series in my opinion. Great graphics. Long missions/game, but not tedious, and not unrealistically difficult. Not the type of game making you wish you had the quick save feature either. The D-Day mission made me feel like I was there, and that's a rarity for me. It's just that well done. Linear game, but not a game that feels like it needs a sandbox feature. Still it was exceedingly linear, and there was the occasional ridiculous AI bug, so it's not a perfect score. I still think the series is trying to recapture the magic that this game exhibits. Expand
  32. May 20, 2013
    Fantastic shooting game that for some reason I first played it a few years ago. I have 1 criticism for the game, some levels can be annoying because the enemy can see through trees and you can't, but other than that this is easily one of the best fps games ever made.
  33. Aug 24, 2013
    This is my favorite FPS of all time, nothing beats this for me, the ambience, the sound, so well done, you should try it out, it is on Good Old Game for 9 bucks (optimized for high resolution and comes with the expansions). This is a 10/10 for me
  34. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 10/10
  35. Jun 28, 2016
    Amazing military game, all graphics game play story are wonderful, the story occurs in WWII era, The game's levels are often compared to Steven Spielberg's 1998 film Saving Private Ryan, Single-player missions include assaulting German bases in Algiers and Norway, storming Omaha Beach on D-Day, and rescuing comrades behind enemy lines in occupied France
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    This deserves more respect in the history of video games than it generally gets recognised for. The single player was fantastic for its time, its treatment of DDay was better than any game had done before it, but it's online that this game shone far beyond anything else at the time, for me at any rate. The multiplayer maps are extremely well designed and as far as I know it was one ofThis deserves more respect in the history of video games than it generally gets recognised for. The single player was fantastic for its time, its treatment of DDay was better than any game had done before it, but it's online that this game shone far beyond anything else at the time, for me at any rate. The multiplayer maps are extremely well designed and as far as I know it was one of the earlier games to incorporate lean in multiplayer. The weapons are well balanced, with a strong emphasis on skill. Sure, go the SMG, spray your heart away, you'll get some lucky kills, but nothing feels better than nailing someone across the map, leaning out of cover, with a sightless Kurz. More than any other multiplayer FPS I have played it came down to how fast and how accurate you were. I pumped more hours in to this game online over a five to ten year period than I probably did all others combined. An amazing game. I only wish there were still active servers! Expand
  37. Aug 24, 2015
    Metal Of Honor is a classic first person shooter that gives the player an enjoyable time while making them scream over the spawns or is that call of duty lol.
  38. Nov 18, 2017
    The first Medal of Honor for the PC. No longer being held back by the limitations of the PS1, EA was able to make a fully authentic WWII experience. I can see why this was loved back in the day. Much of what you see in Call of Duty can be found here. If there was no MOH, there would be no COD.

But...this game shows its age in all aspects. It has been overshawdowed by its rival, COD, just a year later. There's no aiming down sights or even a zoom feature. Your crosshairs don't change when moving, and you can't swap weapons. That's not to say that no fun can be had from this game even today, just make sure you aren't expecting what you saw in more modern WWII games, or even from the first COD.

One thing to note is that I underestimated this game's difficulty. I thought I could breeze through the game on the Medium difficulty. Boy was I a fool. I should have known that "Easy" was the normal back then. The game was quite frustrating as a result, and one particular level was just hell. There were also times you had to memorize where each enemy would spawn to get through. Please, do yourself a favor and play this game on Easy, even if you think you're an FPS veteran.

If you can look past the graphics and the fact that Call of Duty made every aspect better, then a play-through is worth it.
  39. Mar 26, 2016
    MoH is one of the classics of egoshooter, the best one was Allies Assauld and Pacific Assault. I wanted to play the older one first, and it really worked on my win7 system :) :
    The KI is very unrealistic, sometimes very stupid and sometimes they shoot unrealistically well, even through bushes. There is a sniper mission that is frustratiing. The most missions are very linear, only the last mission is a bit free. Look at Far Cry, this is how it shall be done. The near fog is annyoing, especially if you could see further with your sniper. The last point is granades: It could be better to have just one hotkey to throw a granade, in this game you need to chage weapon and you have a break between it. So in the time maybe you dont want to throw anymore. In addition the detonation is very weak. So I didnt use it often.

The good side? The missions are very different. Only the stealth mission was weak, because you could kill everything too. I appreciate, that all the missions were real operations from the 2nd world war. It is very interesting to search for more informations about the operations in real life. The atmosphere is top too, no one will every forget the normandy mission.
    I like it, when you dont need to invest a lot of time to get to know all of the game, in this case 6-8 hours, maybe a bit too few, but better then 15 hours and the gameplay is repetitive.

Result: Surely a top shooter at the release date. But nowadays there are some outdated gameplay mechanisms.
  40. Jun 11, 2016
    This is the first video game i played on my pc when i was a kid. After years of it's release i still have the CD collection and playing sometimes. The game is awesome! but it's difficulty was excessive even in easy.
  41. Oct 18, 2016
    It's a fantastic games in almost every aspect I really enjoy it everytime when I replay the story and after so many years It is still my favourite war game.I can recommend it to every player and It's a MUST GAME for every FPS game lover :) !

1. If I ever need to make a war movie, I know exactly what it needs to sound like.
  2. The graphics are polished, the sound is atmospheric and helps create a realistic environment and if that wasn't enough the Artificial Intelligence is second to none (well maybe Halo).
  3. This is the kind of game that made me believe in the bright future of gaming, and at the same time, strengthened my belief that we're still far off from the level of professionalism needed to boost this form of entertainment to a more prominent cultural level.