7.4

1. FrankB.
    May 29, 2005
    super good love the gameplay everyone must buy it
  2. WannesdeB.
    Jan 20, 2005
    Best game ever.
  3. jhonathanhellbourne
    Jun 20, 2009
    This game is my first FPS game and I enjoyed it every way exept that even on the easy setting it was too hard like on makin atoll where I have to save a pilot or some body and the first screen your a** get shot, and tawara(?) island you have to go point A to point B again your face gets shot this time but other than that it's a great game the graphics were great back then the physicsThis game is my first FPS game and I enjoyed it every way exept that even on the easy setting it was too hard like on makin atoll where I have to save a pilot or some body and the first screen your a** get shot, and tawara(?) island you have to go point A to point B again your face gets shot this time but other than that it's a great game the graphics were great back then the physics engine kept glitching but that was because I skipped to install something. anyways this game is a worth have and is very fun Expand
  4. LucyM.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Fabulous. This game is totally engaging and I would recommend it to any FPS fans!
  5. ChrisK.
    Dec 16, 2004
    With a highspeed video card (ATI Radion9800) this games graphics and the game play are the best yet from EA games.
  6. DanielB.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Pros: I'm halfway through the game and am having a killer time. The characters and environments are right up there with Half Life 2 and Doom. The AI seems cool and the new medic system is brilliant. This is the first medal of honor game with a real story and surprisingly, it's making a nice difference for me, the writing seems like a movie. Cons: Loading times suck, but unlike Pros: I'm halfway through the game and am having a killer time. The characters and environments are right up there with Half Life 2 and Doom. The AI seems cool and the new medic system is brilliant. This is the first medal of honor game with a real story and surprisingly, it's making a nice difference for me, the writing seems like a movie. Cons: Loading times suck, but unlike some other games, it's worth the waiting. Multiplayer performance wasn't great but I have only tried a few servers. Overall: I'd definitley say this is the best medal of honor game yet. I'm glad I got the directors edition, even though EA didn't give me a choice, it has lots of cool stuff. Back to playing. Expand
  7. Lon
    Jan 12, 2005
    Online rank system all players stats like in AAO.great!!!
  8. RonaldK.
    Nov 14, 2004
    I don't know what some people look for in game or if they're into the rating one game against another, but I have had nothing but fun with this game. The fighting, movies and special effects are perfect fun. The music and weapons are just plain great. Feels like money well spent to me, so I don't see a reason not to give it a 10.
  9. JoshG.
    Nov 19, 2004
    Easily the top Medal of Honor game yet. Unlike some I was disappointed with Doom 3, but thought Far Cry was the best fps to date. No more! Pacific Assault delivers from the very start and doesn't let up. Great visuals, story and sound. Just a lot of fun, period.
  10. BatmanMonkey
    Nov 4, 2004
    wtf??? gamespot gave graphics 8...Greg Kasavin is really stupid...this game has amazing graphics...it deserved at least a 9...I dont care if ps2 has lower standards thats the same damn score they gave GTA San Andreas...that game has some sh**ty graphics.
  11. WilliamB.
    Nov 14, 2004
    I've played the other wwii games on the PC and by far, this one has got it right. The arcade like call of duty just doesn't stand up to any part of Medal Of Honour. Loading times left something to be desired, so I'm removing one point for that. Otherwise, good show.
  12. Chimp
    Dec 26, 2004
    Great graphics. Great singleplayer jungle fights. Great new medic system, and a good story too. Oh and the scenes are very good. The best part of everything is the multiplayer tho, especially Invasion. Its like DOD in the Pacific. Complaints? Too linear at times(sometimes its actually kinda freeform), easy difficulty isnt easy enough(for if you just want to zoom through the game and take Great graphics. Great singleplayer jungle fights. Great new medic system, and a good story too. Oh and the scenes are very good. The best part of everything is the multiplayer tho, especially Invasion. Its like DOD in the Pacific. Complaints? Too linear at times(sometimes its actually kinda freeform), easy difficulty isnt easy enough(for if you just want to zoom through the game and take it all in), and it can be buggy, like the way people can inexplicably be raised about 6 inches off the ground or occasional trees that arent connected to the ground. Besides that, an amazing game. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. The game is set in the rather unworn Pacific Theater. Unfortunatley that is - along with some other minor things - the probably only Pro I was able to set against a lot of Cons.

Other things I liked: The medics are a welcomingly different approach to actually have yourself starting to manage the pleas for help and/or decrease the number of suicidal charges during a level. Usually I put on a certain number of those with the reassuring fact in the back of my head that there will be a med pack somewhere after. In MoHPA it either won't or will be very seldom.
    The tense atmosphere in the last campaign, the taking of Tarawa.

The longer list of things I hated:
    The Graphics are outdated even for a 2004 release. I know there's a huge debate going on between players of Call of Duty and MoH about which franchise is better. In terms of graphics I would like to take side for CoD. Even the first 2003 release of CoD looks more decent than MoH. On a plus side CoD will support custom screen resolution and ratio settings (though through horrible textfile support), while MoHPA can be played 1600x1200, 4:3 max which looks you are fighting the Imperial Army of Curiously Short and Fat Japanese Men. There are some 16:9 resolutions supported but these being way below 1600x1200 resolution leaves you - using a big 16:10 display - fighting the Imperial Army of Japan (8bit Divisions). The choice which atrocity bothers you less is at least yours.

The team AI is horrible. I simply gave up at a certain point trying to make them do something helpful and started to take care of every single thing by myself. Though I am aware that this is what I'm supposed to do as a player, I've had other shooters where my team mates would follow scripts that would at least be helpful to some extend. Let me give two examples of why fighting with the badass marines of MoHPA and being out on a bicycle ride with a bunch of retarded chimpanzees is not of noticable difference: If an attacking Hiroshi Japanimoto takes cover behind a tree or a crate, he is henceforth regarded as 'dug in'. This will be heralded every 10 seconds, leaving you to decide which of the 'fortified' infantry positions really need attention and which can be resolved by let's say throwing a coconut, toothbrush, some cotton pads or stepping one pace left and then shoot.
    Another heavily utilized tactic is to avoid attacking enemies by turning one's back, standing still and taking one for the team/country/the little green man in the head with the bare back. I saw this dumbassery on at least two different situations and then I had to stop because my tears of anger were putting out my second keyboard. This not only binds useful medic resources, it also puts Uncle Sam in a very bad light for telling a bunch of looneys to be a well-trained special task force. From this point on I spent the rest of the game not only securing all 12 hour positions of our platoon, taking one pace at a time but saving the game after every damn taken coconut tree for whatever stupidity one of the guys might come up with next (Note: I did not see one of them juggling birthday cakes on a unicycle but was expecting that every minute)

The person who designed the flying levels needs to be put in a special place if he ever comes to game designer's hell. To be frank: I am not a huge fan of those vehicle levels regardless what shooter I am playing but if I have to do it, please let me do it in a way that does not leave me loosing all hopes of humanity and with an urge to stomp a kitten to death. First of all: The Mouse controls the plane instead of the obvious and well-functioning WASDs, which are set to control the rudders. Something you don't need to use in the entire level. The mouse controls are inverted (pulling the mouse back, lets the plane dive while pushing it forward will make it climb) and the plane itself behaves like a flying a box of oranges that where shot out of an diarrheic elephant's behind. Only worse. Also I encountered this nice glitch at the end of the mission when I was supposed to fly back to base and did not immediately joined my two (did I mention useless?) wing men but flying one more yaw roll, only to find myself being automatically drowned to death after some erratic radio messages, asking what the heck I was doing there. I was not expecting to be able to radio that I follow moron squad to the next waypoint but am for reasons of questionable game mechanics suddenly some 40 miles behind them, but I was also not expecting to be forced to play this motherlode from the last save point again. Fortunately (see above) I was already saving every flight mile at that point, but others should be warned.

The last level itself suffers from the same illness a lot of last levels do: They are too short and way too easy. I don't wanna spoil too much on it, but basically letting a battleship do all the work does not justify the build up all other Tarawa Missions do beforehand.
  14. Nov 26, 2012
    Nunca habia tenido una sensacion de peligro y agobio en el campo de batalla como en este juego. La tensión que genera avanzar a cubierto entre la maleza sabiendo que a escasos metros puede esconderse un japo preparado para hundirte la bayoneta; caer herido y arrastraste tras una roca llamando desesperadamente al medico mientras escuchas a los japos cada vez mas cerca; saber que yaNunca habia tenido una sensacion de peligro y agobio en el campo de batalla como en este juego. La tensión que genera avanzar a cubierto entre la maleza sabiendo que a escasos metros puede esconderse un japo preparado para hundirte la bayoneta; caer herido y arrastraste tras una roca llamando desesperadamente al medico mientras escuchas a los japos cada vez mas cerca; saber que ya no le quedan mas botiquines al doctor y avanzar como si tu propia vida fuera la que estuviera en juego; estas son las sensaciones con las que te encontraras si juegas a este juegazo que a mi me marco hace ya bastante tiempo y que no he conseguido olvidar. Sensaciones, es un juego de sensaciones no de frios datos como horas de juego, numero de personajes en pantalla o cantidad de armas. Es cierto que tiene sus puntos oscuros: dificultad desmedida al final del juego, misiones menos acertadas (¿realmente era necesario pilotar el avion o abrirse paso por el barco en Pearl Harbor?) pero la sensacion de amenaza continua es incomparable con cualquier otro juego de guerra tipo arcade. Un clasico
    GRAFICOS:9 SONIDO:8 JUGABILIDAD:9 DURACION:8
  15. Nov 8, 2010

The tense atmosphere in the last campaign, the taking of Tarawa.

The longer list of things I hated:

If there had been more variation on mission type, enemy AI hadn't cheated, and the feel of the weapons had been more solid, the gameplay could have lived up the awesome presentation value that the rest of the package promised.
  2. It's got frenzied action, a thoughtful storyline, and gameplay that will swallow you whole.
  3. Perhaps it's because after countless other games, particularly Call of Duty, those once magnificent scenes of senseless destruction no longer have the impact they once did. Scripted sequences have perhaps gone as far as they can go with these games.