Medal of Honor: Warfighter PC

5.4

1. Oct 28, 2012
    Its a good game with a few rough edges. It is only being hated because it doesn't have some sort of bombastic single player. If you don't care for single player then you are in luck as the multiplayer is a nice Blue versus Blue take on FPS and looks brilliant on PC. I also love the nations section as it is sort of being part of something greater, which you do not often get in some FPSIts a good game with a few rough edges. It is only being hated because it doesn't have some sort of bombastic single player. If you don't care for single player then you are in luck as the multiplayer is a nice Blue versus Blue take on FPS and looks brilliant on PC. I also love the nations section as it is sort of being part of something greater, which you do not often get in some FPS games that are more often than note generic US v Russia games. So why people are hating on it is beyond me, its a good game.

GET: If you are mature and light tight action and good graphics with tons of customization.

DON'T GET: If you are an offline/single player campaign person and do not have any patience.
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    The graphics and realism in this game are unprecedented. Just wow! Storyline is well tied up and multiplayer beats CoD, being much more immersive. This is a real jewel that few were expecting.
  3. Oct 23, 2012
    Let me just start off by saying I'm an avid Battlefield player and I haven't played a Call of Duty since 4.
    I've played 300+ hours of MoH 2010 and was on the leaderboards. I've got over probably over 2000 hours invested battlefield as a series and have played it at a tournament level multiple times.

First thing I will address is the class system because it really feels like its one of the beefier more fleshed out aspects that will make it stand out from battlefield. When I first started playing I though that the Spec ops wall hack was so overpowered. But then as I played the other classes I realized that all of the classes have some sort of OP ability.. so it all evens out in the end. Assault has a VERY hard to aim and shoot grenade that is a 1hit kill to the body. Long reload means if you miss you are dead and it has limited ammo that can't be refilled other than a squad resupply defense chain. The heavy gunner has an unlimited ammo deployment that makes his LMG an ACTUAL lmg (unlike in battlefield 3 lol xD) if you get flanked you are screwed though. No hope for you. The sniper has an auto spotting mechanism built into their bipod which is handy (but again if you are flanked you are dead... also it makes you stand still for the easy counter snipe). The demoman has the mask that makes you a walking tank with double the health. It definitely helps you get 1 kill unscathed After taking any sort of damage you can't see and its better to just remove the mask though. Makes you slow as hell though and an easy target for the 1 hit kill headshots. The pointmans ability has a single magazine of ammo that does more damage. The ammo kicks like a mule though so you can't abuse it really. The specops ability to do the really hazy wallhack (with a 2 second delay) doesn't really help you do much other than lay down your point streaks and tell where the enemy is coming as a general direction. No class is seemingly OP - it all boils down to the situation and what you like to play with.

Next I will address the "wall hack aura" that is cause for much controversy:
    This aura only appears in certain modes. It will be the thing that gets you killed the most. So after killing someone I usually keep tight eyes on corners - sometimes people rush and it enables you to get the drop on them even though they should have had the drop on you. I don't really like it atm - will probably play modes with it turned off most of the time - but it might warm up to me. I can definitely tell there is a lot of psychological warfare that goes hand in hand with it and I am not against any of that at all keeps things tense and keeps you thinking on your feet.

Comparing it to 2010:
    In 2010 the score chains were 'chained' to stronger score chains... The top players basically learned how the spawns worked and would spawn kill to cruise missile. There was even gentlemens agreements that once someone starts laying down you let them get to cruise missile before entering the spawn and making them flip/ sending down your own strikes. It was how the game worked. In this game though you can't chain your point streaks at all. The smoke nets you almost no points. Meaning you have to do an offensive if you want to chain points towards your next streak other than resupply which only nets you 100 pts - Usually what I end up opting for though because the splash damage on the point streaks are abysmal ^^ you have to REALLY get a good hit on the enemy or they REALLY have to be bunched up to get multi kills. Even the apache is weak. It can be shot down easily with a semi auto sniper. All in all - the point streaks are not what you play the game for like in 2010. They won't help you very much and don't really serve you that well. In fact I would argue the most useful point streaks are the level 1 offensive for each class. So the UAV, radar jammer, a mobile spawn point etc. Also - spawn killing is improved 10x over. I will not lie and say it doesn't exist - but it's MUCH harder to achieve than in battlefield 3 or Moh 2010 ( I can't say i've played cod to know how bad it is for comparison ). When you are being spawn killed the best thing to do is to either sit there and not spawn - or to just quit out. No shame in it imo.

The melee system is a panic system but the reach on it is impossibly short and there is no homing in or lunge. There is a recharge delay after 2 swipes so if you miss one of your two - you can expect to be dead. Your pistol is still a more viable "OH SHI" moment weapon - the pointman is the one you don't want to make go "OH SHI" though - that shotgun is undeniably the best secondary for CQB. The Fireteams system is better than BF3 squads imho - he is your man for everything and you don't have to chase after him HOPING he will drop ammo. You just take it from him. Great for the "no mic" lone wolf bunch that don't really wan to go around with you as a team. I would type more up - but I've hit max character limit. 9.5/10
  4. Oct 23, 2012
    OMG! Compared to MOH2010, Warfighter is a huge success. The graphic is awesome and gameplay improved a lot -- fast paced but different from COD. And gun models are perfect!!! Good job Danger Close! This is exactly what we want!
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    Not sure why this game gets such low reviews... I can only think that most reviews are on the console as the PC version is smooth and bug free. I got way over 60FPS constantly.
    The game looks great and while not totally amazing, its pretty good. Graphics are good, weapons and controls are good. Even the driving sequences which I found a bit boring were still good (must've borrowed some code from the NFS game)
    Single player is a bit short in my mind. I'm about to try Black Ops 2 to compare but not looking forward to low graphics LOL
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    Nice shooter, story was well... uhm... not the best, lots of action, but 2 missions in single where you gotta drive.Red dot sight looked like s**t, copying too much from COD MW series, too short single gameplay, and Frostbite 2 is very bad optimized in this game.Everything else was prety good though.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    great single player mutiplayer is fun to play Warfighter is a huge succes The Graphics are Amazing, Sound of Guns are great the dlc looks good to . As far as the gameplay, it definitely takes some getting use to
  8. Nov 18, 2012
    The Single player is fun. Its good mindless entertainment. The SP alone would rate about 7. The MP is what makes this an a 10. The MP is a good change of pace from other modern shooters. Guns have recoil, and you die very quick. The sound and the atmosphere is very good. This game is a very tactical shooter, you must learn to control the recoil and firing from the hip will not work. Do notThe Single player is fun. Its good mindless entertainment. The SP alone would rate about 7. The MP is what makes this an a 10. The MP is a good change of pace from other modern shooters. Guns have recoil, and you die very quick. The sound and the atmosphere is very good. This game is a very tactical shooter, you must learn to control the recoil and firing from the hip will not work. Do not buy this game and expect an cod clone, it isnt... Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2012
    Not sure what the general beef is with this game in the media. I predict this will be a "sleeper game". I can't help but think Black Ops 2 has everyone on the payroll... The battle log interface is legit, gameplay is butter smooth as is the interface. Don't knock it until you try it and keep in mind reviewers are reviewers, they aren't always gamers. It's better than MW3. ReviewersNot sure what the general beef is with this game in the media. I predict this will be a "sleeper game". I can't help but think Black Ops 2 has everyone on the payroll... The battle log interface is legit, gameplay is butter smooth as is the interface. Don't knock it until you try it and keep in mind reviewers are reviewers, they aren't always gamers. It's better than MW3. Reviewers once said EQ2 was better than WoW... Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2012
    (Multiplayer only review!!!) Am glad I didn't wait for the reviews before getting this game! It's tense, exciting, visceral and hard to master. The recoil and real feel of combat in MOH2010 is back, perhaps not quite as well done here, but still the best around, better than BF3. Doesn't look quite as polished as BF3 with some of the avatars in some light conditions, though the environments(Multiplayer only review!!!) Am glad I didn't wait for the reviews before getting this game! It's tense, exciting, visceral and hard to master. The recoil and real feel of combat in MOH2010 is back, perhaps not quite as well done here, but still the best around, better than BF3. Doesn't look quite as polished as BF3 with some of the avatars in some light conditions, though the environments are just as good, and sometimes (in sunlight conditions) it looks photoreal and is unsurpassed. The maps are smaller than BF3, sometimes you can't climb on/over things you hope to like you can in BF3 and was a bit disappointed about this, but here is the real crux of the game. It's the only game where you better watch your buddy's 6! It requires you to be on the ball and careful, so don't even mention COD in the same breath. This is an amazing experience which will reward team play like no other. the precision is amazing. Within these smaller maps you really experience almost non-stop the infinity of possibilities of combat in 3D! The many decisions you make will mean the difference and run and gunners will not like it so much! I have had no probs with collision detection. The user interface is a bit confusing, also the nations, VOIP, team member nationality / squad choices, but not poor and archaic like Ghost Recon FS. Buy it if you are up for a challenge, this requires skill and you will find your time rewarded! Highly addictive and not fantasy like BF3. Recommended. Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2013
    first i played cod black ops 2 becuase the review said this game is tarrible but after i played mohw i now know why a lot of people saying that battlefield and medal of honor are batter than call of duty i dont get it why this game get just 55/100 it should have get at least 87/100 i think that cod black ops 2 is good but this is way batter that bo2.acually i didnt like so much battlefieldfirst i played cod black ops 2 becuase the review said this game is tarrible but after i played mohw i now know why a lot of people saying that battlefield and medal of honor are batter than call of duty i dont get it why this game get just 55/100 it should have get at least 87/100 i think that cod black ops 2 is good but this is way batter that bo2.acually i didnt like so much battlefield 3 so i thought it will be the same but i was wrong buy it you can find it on amazon for just 30 bucks Expand
  12. Oct 29, 2012
    single player review: I don't understand all the negative reviews, i found this game to be action packed and a lot of fun to play! took me about 9 hours to beat in hard mode. I completely enjoyed the story line and the realism with the plot which makes you wonder how the world really is. If you are a veteran MOH player then this game is well worth your time!
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    OK I cant believe this got such a poor critic review. MOH is all about the single player campaign which I knew before I bought it. Campaign blows cod and BF series out of the genre as far as storytelling and realism. You feel like these characters are the REAL PEOPLE, not just cheap liberal voice actors. As far as the multiplier component, although not bad, is why i have BF3. I have playedOK I cant believe this got such a poor critic review. MOH is all about the single player campaign which I knew before I bought it. Campaign blows cod and BF series out of the genre as far as storytelling and realism. You feel like these characters are the REAL PEOPLE, not just cheap liberal voice actors. As far as the multiplier component, although not bad, is why i have BF3. I have played most shooters and this series is hands down always the best at keeping it exciting. I always get bored with COD. BF campaigns are a joke. ARMA is fine but the graphics...piss poor. GOOD JOB DANGER CLOSE!
    Graphics-9/10
    Multiplayer-6.5-10
    Story-10/10
    Sound-10/10
    Controls-5-6/10 (This could have been better)
  14. Oct 26, 2012
    This is a great fuking game.We waited and for damn sure it was worth the wait. Greg, and all you oaks there at Danger Close that brought us this. Well fukin done!
    Yeah single player little short...too fukin bad, play it again!! I'm having a blast its everything and more that I expected. The MP customs are just out of this world....You oaks go and give yourself a pat on the bag and these fukin moaners, next time they moan about something great they'll moan without balls because I would've cut them the fuk off before then.
  15. Oct 25, 2012
    m playing only MP. It's awesome. I've had a bad time for the first couple of hours of playing it, because it was really hard to adapt after playing BF3 for so much time. But I waited with my opinion and now I'm sure - this game is awesome! People just expect it to be a new version of BF3 without vehicles, but surprisingly it's not. It's really something different. Mechanics is different.m playing only MP. It's awesome. I've had a bad time for the first couple of hours of playing it, because it was really hard to adapt after playing BF3 for so much time. But I waited with my opinion and now I'm sure - this game is awesome! People just expect it to be a new version of BF3 without vehicles, but surprisingly it's not. It's really something different. Mechanics is different. Recoil control is different. Those are just to different games. You will have tons of fun, but don't expect it to be easy at start, just because you are good at BF3, and don't expect you will be rushing alone and killing everyone without any help, because you will have a bad time. If you really want me to compare this game to any other it would be CS, where fearless rushing and killing everyone alone is reserved only to best players. Expand
  16. Oct 25, 2012
    moh is its own unique game not battlefield or cod, so people shouldn't compare the two. This game requires skill in the mp department the maps are fairly made, lots of customization for guns(50+ camos)
    5 game modes each using different parts of the map making for a fresh experiences in each one.
    Im rating this game an 8 but ill give it a 10 simply because of the ridiculous low ratings that but hurt people seem to give. Single player is fantastic with good visuals and extremely solid voice acting, coupled with an innovative way to breach doors its really stellar.
  17. Oct 26, 2012
    Lets start by saying that the game is unbelievably beautiful and it stands out along with the battlefield 3, its stunning visuals is not the only thing it brings along a perfectly told story line , which brings along personal and military aspects, but deep through this brilliant game is some flaws, the main problems that you will face is texture popping and some linear fight scenes and onLets start by saying that the game is unbelievably beautiful and it stands out along with the battlefield 3, its stunning visuals is not the only thing it brings along a perfectly told story line , which brings along personal and military aspects, but deep through this brilliant game is some flaws, the main problems that you will face is texture popping and some linear fight scenes and on top the battles take place in a map that is to set up...... but over all i love the game and it is beautiful and fun game and it is worth going and buying :) Expand
  18. Oct 26, 2012
    Great atmosphere, solid game-play and great graphics. The Frostbite engine does it's job here. Compared to any Call of Duty game this game looks much better. The single-player campaign plays very smoothly. Don't expect any innovation though maybe except the car chase that feels like a real racing game. The multi-player is awesome and really makes players cooperate.
  19. Oct 26, 2012
    I don't understand why everyone hates this game. I enjoyed MoH2010, and I've been having a blast with this game, too. The pacing is somewhere between CoD and BF, with slightly more realistic gunplay than BF. The campaign is decent; the story is a little cliched at times, and it isn't as authentic-feeling as MoH2010 (which most OEF vets I know say is probably the closest to the actualI don't understand why everyone hates this game. I enjoyed MoH2010, and I've been having a blast with this game, too. The pacing is somewhere between CoD and BF, with slightly more realistic gunplay than BF. The campaign is decent; the story is a little cliched at times, and it isn't as authentic-feeling as MoH2010 (which most OEF vets I know say is probably the closest to the actual feeling of fighting in Afghanistan). That said, it definitely has some great moments. The multiplayer emphasizes teamwork. You have to work in fire teams (of two players) to be effective. It usually works well, but you're pretty much screwed if your buddy decides to quit in the middle of the match. There are 6 classes to pick from (with each tier 1 unit represented in each class), but except for the sniper and machine gunner, most of the classes feel pretty similar. Several reviews have pointed out bad menu design and bugginess but I haven't really noticed either. The menu is pretty generic, and I've encountered far fewer bugs than I did with BF3 at launch. Everyone also says it's unoriginal and not ground breaking, but I don't have a problem with that. It's not meant to introduce completely new features (except for the slightly original fire team system that allows you to heal and resupply your buddy), but I think it does everything pretty well. I got this for $40 because I have BF3 premium, and I think that's a fair price. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and find the multiplayer to be fairly fun as well. The only thing that was slightly disappointing for me was fact that the developers didn't fully utilize the frostbite 2 engine for its destruction capabilities. Otherwise, I find that this game worth my time and money.
  21. Nov 1, 2012
    This game, like many other hidden gems, often puts off people with the patience of a squirrel, where I think the majority of the unfairly negative reviews are coming from. Most people expect it to behave like Call of Duty and when it doesn't, bail. Mindless if you ask me. It takes time to learn a new game. Once done, this game is an absolute blast and has several things going for it mostThis game, like many other hidden gems, often puts off people with the patience of a squirrel, where I think the majority of the unfairly negative reviews are coming from. Most people expect it to behave like Call of Duty and when it doesn't, bail. Mindless if you ask me. It takes time to learn a new game. Once done, this game is an absolute blast and has several things going for it most PC shooters don't have anymore: dedicated servers, leaning, crouching, realistic ballistics (recoil, bullet drop)and far fewer bunny hopping, rage spewing, quick scoping 14-year-olds out there to spoil the fun. There are more weapons and attachments in this than any other game EVER. This game is seriously fun, and despite the professional reviewers out there who are crapping all over it (because of blank envelopes stuffed with cash they were handed by Activision, I suspect) it IS DIFFERENT. It is unique, not "seen it all before". Any reviewer who says that has to have either played it for only 4 minutes or is on the take, one of the two. Expand
  22. Oct 25, 2012
    First of all, don't trust the critics' reviews for this game. It's a ton of fun. While it may not be very original, neither are the yearly increments in the Call of Duty series but critics always drool over those games. The 2-man fireteam system is a very fun dynamic and the overall feel of the game is pretty damn exciting. Plenty of customization and the neat option to choose fromFirst of all, don't trust the critics' reviews for this game. It's a ton of fun. While it may not be very original, neither are the yearly increments in the Call of Duty series but critics always drool over those games. The 2-man fireteam system is a very fun dynamic and the overall feel of the game is pretty damn exciting. Plenty of customization and the neat option to choose from several different special ops soldiers. Expand
  23. Oct 24, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic game! The graphics are downright incredible when max settings are turned on. The game has both an excellent multiplayer suite and a really fantastic campaign. Although I somewhat enjoyed the campaign in BF3, the campaign in MOH easily surpasses that experience. It seems that many gamers are not always huge fans of cut scenes, but I feel like these cut scenes reallyAbsolutely fantastic game! The graphics are downright incredible when max settings are turned on. The game has both an excellent multiplayer suite and a really fantastic campaign. Although I somewhat enjoyed the campaign in BF3, the campaign in MOH easily surpasses that experience. It seems that many gamers are not always huge fans of cut scenes, but I feel like these cut scenes really added to the experience and helped me to become more emotionally invested. Don't listen to COD fanboy haters. You really need to pick this game up. Also if you are not a fan of Battlelog system, you can access multiplayer from within the game menus. Don't get sucked into any of the negative hype, Medal of Honor: Warfighter really is a great game. Nice work Danger Close! Expand
  24. Oct 25, 2012
    I think the one thing EA about MoH failed at was to explain to it's purchasers what the game is. If you played the last version, well you should know. This game IS on the Frostbite 2 engine, but that doesn't mean it's going to be the same time of game as Battlefield 3 is. (just think back to all the games that utilize Unreal 3 engine)

This game is best described as EA's competition

This game is best described as EA's competition to Call of Duty. Some people think Battlefield 3 is. No way, Battlefield 3 is in no way like CoD. That's what Medal of Honor Warfighter is for. Battlefield 3 is very expansive and more like an open world battlefield (and vehicles). Whereas this game is much more along defined paths, but with a decent amount of nooks/crannies to flank opponents.

I like CoD, but I think there is room for many types of FPS/TPS. Of one type is MoH.

It's got great graphics. Not perfect, but it's also a different style of game. It's not an expansive map, it's on a smaller scale like CoD. I play the game at ultra settings, so the game looks really good. Again not perfect, but very nice. Thus like CoD it is a game where you have to traverse either fast and risk getting killed, or slowly and surely. It's alot like CoD, but also got it's own flavor. It's hard to quantify, because BF3 is such a different experience that most games default to 'more like CoD'. Because anything that's not like BF3 is more like CoD. The gunplay is good. Though I've only used a few, they seem good. I can deal with the kickback of guns, that's what they do. But also I realize that not all guns are the same, there's lots of different classes with different guns and unlocks to customize the gear that needs to be unlocked, so it's still early for even those that hate the kickback to rail on about all the guns having too much. Unlock some more guns, try different classes, as well as the attachments, and you might find more guns to your specific type of play and desire.

So when I say CoD is similar to it, it's because it is. But again it's also quite a bit different. So the people that are saying it's not CoD and those that are saying it's like CoD are both right. It is both like and unlike CoD. Doesn't seem to be quite as demanding on the gfx card. Close but not as much. (of course that's without any new nvidia drivers). But I'm easily getting 60 fps with max settings with a GTX 670 and an i7 920 @ 4ghz. So it's very playable. I'm getting the impression about the destruction elements that these are going to be reserved for later games on the Frostbite 2 engine, when more and newer/better graphics cards are out and installed in the user base. While the Nvidia 6XX and the ATI equivalent probably could handle it, most people are still using Nvidia 4xx and 5xx (and ATI equivalent) tech, so I can understand why the destruction isn't there. Plus it makes more sense in a BF series than a MoH series as people would just clear the buildings and every map would end up 'open'. Still would be nice to have some, but I can understand why it's not there. I'd expect BF4 to possibly finally do what they wanted on this note and really up the destruction.

Again having played both the beta on 360 and now the PC version, the two graphically aren't even close to each other. The PC version on ultra is vastly superior to the 360 beta. While I haven't played the PC version of CoD, the 360 version is laughably inferior compared to PC MoH on ultra settings. Huge difference.

This review is about the multiplayer, not the single player. While most people trashed the single player of CoD and BF3 for being short, it seems most are saying MoH is short as well. So things are pretty equal, except without some of the better unique moments seen in the others. You can use your 360 controller or obviously KB+M, or even a hybrid of 360 controller in place of WSAD on the keyboard and mouse for precision and quick aiming. Overall this game is fun, it's a shame people are dragging this game's score down because of

a) They somehow incredibly got the idea that this game was going to be like BF3 (how I don't know)
    b) Those that thought that, generally hate CoD, and thus don't like this game
    c) Bought a game known for playing multiplayer and yet hate on the barely used and cared about SP and just like it's peers, its a short campaign
    d) are playing the game at lower than ultra settings and don't think it looks good

If you knew what to expect from this game, and don't have a hate fest for CoD, and don't care much for SP portions of FPS (me I NEVER play the single player campaigns of online multiplayer shooters)...then you should like this game and find it quite good. Torn between giving it an 8 or 9 (because it takes a great game to be 10), but since everyone is hating on it because they thought the game was something else when clearly it wasn't going to be BF3, I'm going with 9.
  25. Oct 26, 2012
    I'm a single player-only player and I must admit the campaign is, well, relatively short.
    However, Danger Close did a great job on bringing the unnamed heroes concept into the story
    Also, the details of the game is great. The SFX are great.
    This might not be the best shooter I've ever played but I definitely had a great time with it.
  26. Oct 23, 2012
    As far as the gameplay, it definitely takes some getting use to. Especially if you are use to BF3 like me. After a few games though I was really enjoying myself, but I did have a good partner to buddy up with, which is a must for victory and high kill rates. Graphics wise there are aspects that looked better in BF3 and other things that looked better in MOH. -Plant life looks better in MOHAs far as the gameplay, it definitely takes some getting use to. Especially if you are use to BF3 like me. After a few games though I was really enjoying myself, but I did have a good partner to buddy up with, which is a must for victory and high kill rates. Graphics wise there are aspects that looked better in BF3 and other things that looked better in MOH. -Plant life looks better in MOH
    -Indoor lighting was better in MOH (almost a Metro 2033 look and shine to the lights!) Red dot receptacle & mussel flash also has a more realistic look and glare to it.
    -Structural and gun textures I give it to BF3
    -Sunlight glare also to BF3.

Sounds were kind of a hit and miss for me and my 5.1 headphones. Some guns sounded too hallow, other were right on. But bullets sounds where amazing. You can hear them whizzing by you head very clearly and gave you a sense of rush and adrenaline. Foot steps also sounds much more realistic than BF3.

In general I give the game an 9/10. It's map layout has close, tight corners similar to BF3 CQ, but with a different style. If you like BF3 large open maps with many vehicles stay way. If you like non-stop action, close quarter style, hand to hand combat its a great shooter to add to the collection.
  27. Oct 26, 2012
    Seems these so called critics have been drinking too much of the COD cool-aid and thinks any other shooter is ass.If u liked the first one,u will definitely enjoy this one.
  28. Oct 27, 2012
    I would give MOH WF multiplayer 7.5.
    It has well balanced and diversified class specialties, weapon customization. It doesn't quite play like all time run 'n gun COD nor plays like all time hard tactical shooter like ghost recon or rainbow six. It has some good mixture of both nature of the shooters.
    I would give MOH WF multiplayer 7.5.
    At the same time, it has solid hit detection, good enough player base 24/7, built in VOIP, teamplay promotin buddy system. Overall play experience of MOH WF MP was that it's pretty robust and solid all around. In short, if you like tactical shooter like rainbow six and still want something a bit arcadey, or if you got tired of all too arcadey run 'n gun shooter, this game would suit your needs. BUT! might be a little too expensive for ppl who's not so much enthusiastic about tactical shooter to pay the full retail price.
  29. Oct 27, 2012
    Well I was a bit worried as this title was going down the road of COD, and being the between BF3/BF4 project using the same era and engine...but I liked the last MOH game so gave it a good run through last night. Basically the single player campaign is VERY GOOD, very much as good as Bad Company 2's was so thats a one up on BF3 straight away. The new leaning mechanics are a bit weird butWell I was a bit worried as this title was going down the road of COD, and being the between BF3/BF4 project using the same era and engine...but I liked the last MOH game so gave it a good run through last night. Basically the single player campaign is VERY GOOD, very much as good as Bad Company 2's was so thats a one up on BF3 straight away. The new leaning mechanics are a bit weird but are actually very handy once you get used to it... feels a bit like the Rainbow 6 vegas cover system without the wall locking, again **** tonne of weapons... more than BF3 and they feel less hobbled and more meaty when being used.

So what about multiplayer? graphically a bit weaker than single player, but still pretty decent (running on my GTX580 in ultra) and felt very fluid if a little smudgey (probably a FXAA filter being used?). The maps are a right rabbit warren of cover and sneak zones, which feels a lot better than the previous MOH games open run and gun gamplay... although edge of map invisible walls is a bit noticeable in places, this feels very tactical in a Ghost Recon sort of way, sure it s a bit of a mashup of all 3 big name FPS games... and the majority of it works, it feels very fresh and the game modes are generally good. Maybe the reviewers should have used the massive patch fix before going into the game, 'cos to me this is a winner at least on PC, maybe not a BF3 beater but certainly up to anything I've seen from the CODMW/BOPS factory and worth a look... also bear in mind I had BF3 premium and got this game half price thanks to Origin's discount scheme. EA becoming customer friendly.... WTF next....lol
  30. Oct 28, 2012
    Have been playing for about three days now, mostly multiplayer. I started off getting really frustrated with the maps, gun play etc and pretty much rage quit after the first hour, was going to uninstall even. But had another go, and as weapons are unlocking and the attachments are made available its opens up and I'm totally loving it now. I play these games for gun play mainly, it needs toHave been playing for about three days now, mostly multiplayer. I started off getting really frustrated with the maps, gun play etc and pretty much rage quit after the first hour, was going to uninstall even. But had another go, and as weapons are unlocking and the attachments are made available its opens up and I'm totally loving it now. I play these games for gun play mainly, it needs to feel like the actual weapon, ballistics etc, and they have nailed it here I think. The weapon customization screen and models are perfect as well. Sound is fantastic by the way, best shooter for that.

I really dig how they have represented all the spec ops teams around the world, you can see the effort DC have put in here and I like this realism factor (ok its a game i know, but they haven't made it over the top like other games which I think is a plus).

The graphics, I've got everything on ultra (i7, 470, 8gig) and its easily 60fps. Some of the textures are a bit washed out in places, but other scenes look amazing so its had to call. Overall the detail in the levels is really good, a bit more destructibility would have been nice though, but it does exist.

The maps are a mix, some I love and others seem a little unbalanced. Hopefully a map pack or two coming down the track. Grenades are very had to predict, would like the warning to work a little better.

But to sum up some of the best, intense fire fights I've ever played in in FPS.
  31. Oct 23, 2012
    Well i see that the "wishers" arrived at this party as well, if you dont own the game or played beyond beta please find a new hobby, people come here to try and make informed decisions based on other gamers and trolling, fanboyism and flat out just writing for the hell of it continues to ne the rabies of Metacritic and i wish only confrimed owners/users could enter. I have read a few greatWell i see that the "wishers" arrived at this party as well, if you dont own the game or played beyond beta please find a new hobby, people come here to try and make informed decisions based on other gamers and trolling, fanboyism and flat out just writing for the hell of it continues to ne the rabies of Metacritic and i wish only confrimed owners/users could enter. I have read a few great user reviews just want to further support what i feel are facts and toss in a few of my opinions in as well. As you notice there are no reviews by critics on the left side and well thats because E.A did what is not very common and keep this game out of the hands of mainstream critics until the day of release or after = no day 1 reveiws and that was worrysome to me but i was already invested so sit , wait and cross fingers was in full effect. For those looking for innovative or unique single player campaigns which wiill exceed 7 hours (being generous) well look elsewhere if this is the main focus of why you want to buy this game, the game isvery generic in terms of hold handing and the way single player fps missions do for the most part in this gen = Objectives which take little strategic elements and heavily scripted and "been there done that" mode of run gun and shoot guy when and where they tell you = triggers cutscene/next mission. I was very disappointed but not shocked that it would be a linear exp but disappointed none the less because the trend is single player is more of an after thought to what has become a dominant mp pressence in fps genre now-a-days and breaking from that mold is asking too much when this is the safe way for devs and publishers to design and pump out games Godspeed due to lack of content so often th mp will have to fill in the gaps and we will come back to that to see if it can have a good enough formula that will make many fps gamers ok with such a lack luster campaign. but because the industry views us gamers as buying games that are creations of this design as votes in the poll of what sells well they wont change much of anything especially when sometimes games can also have record sales year after year using this trend. I cant take away from the fact that yes the game does look sometimes gorgeous / stunning and no body loves destructable enviorments as much as myself so the explosions, lighting and backdrops can sometimes just make you want to stop for a moment and look around just to take some of it in but there are also moments that will not be so pretty/less detailed and borderline drab city but thankfully those very far and few. Some of the guns are the best i have seen yet but some are "who the fck designed these ones" but the optics almost picture perfect, they sound great and imo as "realistic" as it gets in a video game and the sounds of explosions will rumble on your subwoofer in grande de force so visually and sfx are anove average and sometimes very much so. The gunplay doees feel worthy and to this day i would like to see a heavy "kick" factor w/ high powered sniper rifles or hmg's , althought recoil is present i would like there to be more of it in certain classes of guns which i mentioned which is just my personal taste and can be fixed w/ a patch easily if decided to do so. Here is where it gets tricky. The gunplay and pretty solid gameplay is only as good as the A.I and if the A.I is rather "unaware" than it can have the effect of dumbing down the elements that feel good because whats the sense of having the best compond bow money can buy if one is only going to hunt tree sloths with them. MP, well lets just say that imo the mp does not have enough strengths to forgive the sp and linear maps in a campaign ok i get it but bottlenecked and linear do not belong in mp and only certain fps designers can bring forth a winning formula for the ones that have success w/ linear mp maps. It also dumbs its own brilliance down because the fire teams are elite but the maps leave much to the imagination in respect to utilizing such elite ops tactically , the layout is very unforgiving at times especially for those who want to strategically dominate oppo's rather than bottleneck them or get bottlenecked by. The mode are meh but i love the HR mode. Yes i have small gripes w/ the twitter feed esq H.U.D but im running out of letterd i can use,lol. For sp i suggest renting and for mp well i also suggest the same, try it b4 purchase is a strong recommendation. The game seems to try and climb upwards but only to get kicked down by its own foot. The recipe was there but the ingredients did not come together as good as the menu suggested hence not leaving a sour taste but the craving you sat down with still being present. not a bad game just more of the same so a solid 7 Collapse

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 2, 2012
    Plot holes, broken scripting and offensive self-contradiction makes Warfighter one of the worst games we've played all year. [Dec 2012, p.85]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 30, 2012
    Common military shooter with minor technical bugs shows all the elements we have seen before. We've expected much more from the legendary Medal of Honor series. [Dec 2012]
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    Due to unreliable scripts and other technical issues, bland and chaotic storytelling and stupid AI I played Warfighter strictly out of obligation and not for fun. Decent (but unbalanced) multiplayer is not enough to put other label than 'mediocre' on a game that was supposed to be a major hit. [13/2012, p.36]