Medal of Honor PC

6.4

1. Oct 13, 2010
    Not a CoD beater but definitely close. This game is about realism, not arcade shooting. The SP is action-packed but short, with only 5 hrs of gameplay. You are in the War in Afghanistan, fighting the Taliban forces in actual operations that took place in 2001-2005. You are a Tier 1 Operator, a unique brand of soldiers who are sent into the most intense action. You'll go from stealthyNot a CoD beater but definitely close. This game is about realism, not arcade shooting. The SP is action-packed but short, with only 5 hrs of gameplay. You are in the War in Afghanistan, fighting the Taliban forces in actual operations that took place in 2001-2005. You are a Tier 1 Operator, a unique brand of soldiers who are sent into the most intense action. You'll go from stealthy sniping missions, to full out warfare and cave raids. The game delivers its best in its multiplayer. In this MP, you actually require a bit of skill to do well. You can't just run in and start shooting everything like in CoD. You'll be dead soon and will hate the game for it. The MP runs of an exp-based system where earning points awards you with new upgrades to your weapon such as sights and barrels and types of ammunition. There are a few maps out right now, but more will be out soon. Graphics and visuals can go from dull and average to absolutely stunning and attractive, depending on the mission. Audio is amazing. Voice acting is spot on, and music delivers a punch. Overall, this is a successful solid reboot of the series. If you need a break from the arcade style of recent first-person shooters, then go out and get yourself a copy of Medal of Honor (2010) for a more realistic take on gaming. Expand
  2. May 4, 2011
    What's weird is I bought and finished this game the day they got Bin Laden! Weird, I was in Afghanistan playing Tier 1 DEVGRU and Rangers right when Navy SEAL 6 was getting bin ladin! So this is kind of special! I find this game captures the feel of being an actual soldier much better than Cod4 or Bad Company 2. Although tbh it is weak single player is short and not very difficult, andWhat's weird is I bought and finished this game the day they got Bin Laden! Weird, I was in Afghanistan playing Tier 1 DEVGRU and Rangers right when Navy SEAL 6 was getting bin ladin! So this is kind of special! I find this game captures the feel of being an actual soldier much better than Cod4 or Bad Company 2. Although tbh it is weak single player is short and not very difficult, and multiplayer is all right but it's like a weak Bad Company/COD4. But it feels more like being in a real war, than the others, only Arma capturess what it is like to be a soldier better. I bought it because it was on sale for $15 so I think for that price I got a good deal. Expand
  3. Apr 21, 2011
    The single player campaign is over all too quickly and has a forgettable story... the multiplayer however brings some good level designs, plenty of bells and whistles graphically (thanks to the use of Frostbyte engine on multiplayer vs unreal engine for single player) although a missed opportunity not to have destructable buildings seen in the much better Bad company 2, it's better thanThe single player campaign is over all too quickly and has a forgettable story... the multiplayer however brings some good level designs, plenty of bells and whistles graphically (thanks to the use of Frostbyte engine on multiplayer vs unreal engine for single player) although a missed opportunity not to have destructable buildings seen in the much better Bad company 2, it's better than COD black ops in most respects, has far fewer annoyances other than the usual top ranks pawning the noobs with all the unlocks... but that happens on most games. Expand
  4. May 21, 2011
    The game is just awesome. Love the single-player. The Multiplayer is closely copy from Battlefield Bad Company 2 but still very nice. The game is about realism. I hope Medal of Honor 2 (2012) will better and fixed the problems that we dont like. Thanks Danger Close & EA.
  5. Jan 29, 2011
    Great game..IMO its better then black ops. takes skill to achieve "killstreaks" and kills in general, speaking of the killstreaks they are not over powered in anyway. not dumb ass chopper hangin around for a minute mowing everyone down... very realistic, graphics are amazing awesome explosions.great voice acting. recommended over lag ops any day!
  6. Feb 8, 2013
    For those who have tired of CoD's repetitive gameplay where all you do is rush and die, then reload and repeat that, this is an awesome game, it does however have one major failing.. campaign mode is about 50% the length it should be.

Graphically theres no complaints, although you can sometimes tell they wanted it to work on console too. Overall though.. Hiighly recommended change

Overall though.. Hiighly recommended change from the norm. The first game i've played right through in one sitting in a long time, and its kickstarted my PC gaming again I think, I'd forgotten just how much better the PC is to the consoles.
  7. Mar 30, 2012
    Now that the price has gone down, this game is worth a try.

The Single-Player is well made and fun to play through, but unfortunately way shorter than it should have been. Which is a shame, because the game is seriously stunning while it lasts. Just over a year later, the Multiplayer's been fixed up for the most part, and is still moderately active. If you've got a spare $20, this game
    Now that the price has gone down, this game is worth a try.

If you've got a spare $20, this game is definitely worth a try.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
    Very solid and enjoyable single player experience. It's very obvious the developers took the advice from actual members of the special forces community and tried to incorporate their experiences into the game. It suffers from some scripting issues, but nothing that will delude the experience on the first play through. The story is easier to follow and isn't as irrational as say MW2, soVery solid and enjoyable single player experience. It's very obvious the developers took the advice from actual members of the special forces community and tried to incorporate their experiences into the game. It suffers from some scripting issues, but nothing that will delude the experience on the first play through. The story is easier to follow and isn't as irrational as say MW2, so that was refreshing. About an average length of 6 hours.
    The multi-player on the other hand is a bit rough around the edges. It's clear they have a solid idea, but the maps and weapons have a lot of balance issues that ultimately takes away from the experience. It needs a bit more refinement and customer feedback before being on the same level as a Call of Duty or Battlefield game.
  9. Jan 6, 2011
    I would say that the latest in the Medal of Honor franchise offers quite the intriguing plot. It's not like you can have something entirely unique based on what the fps genre is offering these days, but when I bought the game I was looking for MoH to differentiate itself from the CoD - it does that very successfully (in terms of starting mission, details, environments etc.) needless toI would say that the latest in the Medal of Honor franchise offers quite the intriguing plot. It's not like you can have something entirely unique based on what the fps genre is offering these days, but when I bought the game I was looking for MoH to differentiate itself from the CoD - it does that very successfully (in terms of starting mission, details, environments etc.) needless to say that if you liked CoD (MF series) , you' ll definitely enjoy the new in MoH. A must have in the FPS collectors library! Expand
  10. Dec 14, 2010
    Look, im not some lowlife comparing every game to CoD. But it is obvious they tried to mimic some CoD traits. Well in singleplayer anyway, and they did it with great success. The campaign is magnificent, but shows obvious signs of not being "polished" but still even i love the Campaign.

However. The multiplayer was a huge mess up, while its still pretty fun it is nothing like the

However.
    The multiplayer was a huge mess up, while its still pretty fun it is nothing like the singleplayer. you may have heard reviews about it being two games.
    They werent kidding.
    Graphics - Different
    Reloads - Different
    Animations - Different
    Sound effects - Different

Even they way people move is different, the only trait multiplayer and singleplayer share is that its an FPS.
    Ranking on multiplayer is fairly average, you dont have an overall level. Instead you have 3 classes which can rank up to 15 levels, which essentially 45 levels.
    Very disapointing.
    But despite the many errors i still got many hours of fun fromthis game, its easily worth the $98 retail, i just hope that danger close do the multiplayer, should there be a sequel. Not Dice
  11. Dec 24, 2010
    I enjoy FPS games and really enjoyed MOH. The sounds were the best of ANY FPS I've ever played. The story was interesting without going overboard like Black Ops. Great Fun...a little linear at times but still very enjoyable. The time flew and I have replayed it several times since. The 50 Cal sniper missions and the gunship airstrikes are among the best. WHile no game is a 10 this isI enjoy FPS games and really enjoyed MOH. The sounds were the best of ANY FPS I've ever played. The story was interesting without going overboard like Black Ops. Great Fun...a little linear at times but still very enjoyable. The time flew and I have replayed it several times since. The 50 Cal sniper missions and the gunship airstrikes are among the best. WHile no game is a 10 this is certainly a 9-9.5 Expand
  12. Oct 30, 2010
    Still working my way through the SP so I'll hold on commenting on that apart from the fact I am really enjoying hammering around Afghanistan killing Taleban.

I've been a little preoccupied with the MP at the moment. I cannot compare it to MW2 since I only played that for 10 seconds. However the MoH MP is really good fun. It's chaos, fast and merciless. The cramped maps just make it hard to camp for too long. Basically when you spawn you are 10 seconds away from firing your first shot unlike a long BC2 run back to the action. Be warned it is merciless. You'll spawn and run round a corner straight into a hail of bullets so you'll try it again and the same thing happens. At which point you decide to get that ****** so you go another way round and if you are lucky shoot him in the back of the head. Happy you have avenged yourself you then get shot in the back of the head by someone else or enjoy a RPG in the chops. Time to avenge and so it goes on and on. And that's MoH MP.

I love it. The maps look great. The Kabul streets map is just beautiful and severe fun being able to run in and out all of the buildings, climbs to the roofs or creep down the alleys behind the buildings. The team assualt maps (team deathmatch) are square so you can always get behind the enemy as they can to you so it's chaos and fast pased as the spawns move around the map.

The objective maps are a thing of beauty. There are 5 objectives per map you have to take in linear oder. Once you do an objective the map opens to the next stage and so it goes on until you take all 5 objectives. The key is its liners and its awesome. No running round behind these maps. You have to go straight up the middle. So this creates a bloodbath for the assualting team (on a forlorn hope charge) and a dig in for the defending team. But if the assualitng team reach the objective (blow up 'X' etc) then onwards they go to the next objective. It's just brilliant fun. The action is crazy fast paced.

And then there's the gun sounds. Absolutely awesome in surround sound. The dying is amazing. If you have the earphones on and you get strafed the animation is realistic and the sounds of hitting the is just horrifying. Many many times I've jumped and thought damn that's harsh that's almost real.

So I've always been a MoH fan but you cannot really compare to the past WW2 version. I don't play CoD MP so cannot help you there. So I'll just end and say this is a merciless badass 100 mile an hour MP shooter.

And yep I've pre-ordered Black-ops also. At this moment I think the two can co-exists. I'm more interested in Black ops for the co-op.

So that's my view. But what do I know....
  13. Nov 21, 2010
    MoH has the best sound effects I've heard in a long time. Two thumbs up on the graphics as well. The sp campaign is short, but has a lot of good action. The mp is a lot of fun, but could use more weapons to unlock.
  14. Feb 17, 2011
    (Singleplayer) This game goes toe-to-toe with Call of Duty 4. The problem is that it's about 3 years late to the party. Good enemy AI, good friendly AI, extreme adrenaline pumping excitement. Much better than Black Ops and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The problem is it's way too short. At 5 hours, this game literally leaves you craving for more. Still, well worth the price of admission.
  15. Aug 19, 2011
    I've never written a review for a game before, but after reading all the negative reviews I was compelled to finally do so. I found MoH to do what MW2 failed to do: provide a realistic simulation of being in combat without the sheer over-the-top feeling that left me frustrated with MW2. I can definitely understand how some of the game might not be that accessible to folks who don't haveI've never written a review for a game before, but after reading all the negative reviews I was compelled to finally do so. I found MoH to do what MW2 failed to do: provide a realistic simulation of being in combat without the sheer over-the-top feeling that left me frustrated with MW2. I can definitely understand how some of the game might not be that accessible to folks who don't have experience with the language, customs, tactics, etc... of the military; But I really appreciated that they got how Soldiers talk to each other correct, the on going struggle for air and UAV assets during a fight, and the interplay -- or lack there of -- between conventional forces and operators. Additionally, it was really interesting to see how they took real operations and built them into the game play...it almost felt like a first person documentary (with lots of liberties for story, weapon types and uniforms) of the first phases of the Afghan war. Read up a bit on Objective Rhino, Operation Anaconda, and the Abbas Ghar ridge line, then replay the Single Player (Paying special attention to knocking out the Shepherd) On top of that, the sounds and atmospherics where spot on, and the tactical interaction between the two AFO teams and within the teams themselves were well done. Somethings that could be better though: Some of the weapons felt a little off, especially in their physics. And I thought the AI kinda sucked at times...waves and waves of dudes just kept reappearing until you hop over a specific boulder, then nothing. Seriously, when three AQ fighters get shot in the head, the response is not for the remaining two to run straight down hill at your fighting position. Plus, the AI never really maneuvered at all, just went to their wrote positions and hung out. It did seem, however, that in most cases suppressive fire actually suppressed the enemy...keep shooting at their position and their heads would stay down. I think the story could have been broadened and explained a little better, especially in giving some context to all the missions. It seems like the developers just assumed the player would get how finding Tariq in the first mission led to seizing Bagram and then the infill of 1st Bat and the 10th Mountain, and why MED birds coming from Kandahar instead of BAF is a big deal, etc...

And as a shout out to whoever the operators were that helped build this, I definitely appreciated the running theme of 'Hey brass, how about you let the guys on the ground make the decisions...' well done.
  16. Oct 20, 2010
    The game is anything but CoD in the singleplayer. That's probably it's biggest issue. Nothing too over-the-top is happening, but the attention to detail is mind-boggling once you look into it. The story took me a good 8 hours to complete, on Hard difficulty (anything lower is just for content tourists, if you ask me), and it was indeed impressive.

Graphics-wise it certainly doesn't

Graphics-wise it certainly doesn't shine, but neither does it fail. Pretty decent looking, still, considering it's using th ancient Unreal 3.

The sounds are by far the best I've heard in a game's singleplayer (Bad Company 2's multiplayer is superior, especially with the almighty War Tapes option turned on)

Multiplayer might be the bigger let-down, given that balance is a bit squeaky in some places, but DICE is already on the job, providing patches. This new auto-updater used in BFBC2 and MoH really is good.

Lag isn't such a big problem as in Bad Company 2, despite running on the same Frostbite 1.5 game engine. Maybe it's the lack of massive destruction, maybe it's having only 24 players instead of 32, or maybe the netcode really did improve, but we can't say for sure.

Anyway, the controls are pretty straight forward, and the gameplay, while at a first glance may look similar to Bad Company 2, is not a copy of BFBC2. I learned that the hard way.

The story-driven game mode "Combat mission", while very similar to Bad Company 2's "Rush" is a real neat time-waster. Though if you prefer something less team-oriented and more action packed you might want to try "Team Assault" - straight forward TDM.

There's a lot to say, but to keep it short : many reviews are either biased anti-EA or biased pro-CoD, otherwise, I couldn't see how this would get such low scores. It's an incredibly addictive game despite looking shallow at first glance.

If you're looking for the flash of CoD, this might not be for you, but I strongly recommend this to people looking for a slightly different experience, both in the singleplayer component, as online.

With 1.7 million units sold in the first week, and the ongoing support, I can't see how this is a failed game.
  17. Dec 10, 2010
    I guess everyone are looking at this as a CoD little brother, but that's not the way it should be rated. Bad things first: the single player is 5 hrs long. Stop. If you want a longer game you'd better get an RPG. Nevertheless, for these 5hours you will be running, shooting, and you will hold your breath 'til the end (awesome in my opinion!). Music and ambience are perfect for this kind ofI guess everyone are looking at this as a CoD little brother, but that's not the way it should be rated. Bad things first: the single player is 5 hrs long. Stop. If you want a longer game you'd better get an RPG. Nevertheless, for these 5hours you will be running, shooting, and you will hold your breath 'til the end (awesome in my opinion!). Music and ambience are perfect for this kind of games, it felt epic. It could have been better, but there's always some space for improvement. Not perfect, but definitely a nice game! Expand
  18. Jan 3, 2012
    If you're thinking "Call of Duty", stop reading and go waste your money on MW3, 4, or whatever else has just come out. If not, welcome to the most underrated game of 2010.

Medal of Honor's strongest point is easily the single player. World-class graphics, sound that you feel in your gut, compelling dialog, well orchestrated story, and epic attention to detail. Your weapon remembers the round still in the chamber between reloading! The ending was a real mind blower, and the atmosphere was rivaled only by games like STALKER and Metro. When the credits rolled, I just had a sense of wholeness. Now I'm convinced The Catalyst is about Afghanistan.

My single problem was the "press any key to skip", which served as my only reminder of reality when I had to reload the section after accidentally right clicking out of tense instinct. It's that compelling.

Multiplayer didn't deliver DICE's legendary game play standards, but it did give me an opportunity to appreciate yet another of the campaigns hidden qualities. My first experience as the Taliban in killing an American soldier left me with a sick feeling in my stomach. Any game that makes you feel bad about killing needs to be played by every gamer.
  19. Oct 16, 2010
    I like it. It's exactly between BFBC2 and MW2 arcade **** I was bored after playing MW2 arcade style but BFBC2 is more about running than killing. MOH is exactly what I was looking for.
    Minus pts: very short and easy SP (5hrs max)
    Plus pts: audio(DICE rocks), graphic, MP
  20. Oct 18, 2010
    Its a good mix of Mw2 and BC2, I actually like MoH more than I liked both MW2 and BC2, yes there are bugs, but there are bugs in every game, only difference is that in MW2 or MoH bugs are unacceptable, but for some weird reason all the bugs in the halo franchise are fun, and people just laugh at them, and then continue to bash other games for having bugs. All in all, for me this was a mw2Its a good mix of Mw2 and BC2, I actually like MoH more than I liked both MW2 and BC2, yes there are bugs, but there are bugs in every game, only difference is that in MW2 or MoH bugs are unacceptable, but for some weird reason all the bugs in the halo franchise are fun, and people just laugh at them, and then continue to bash other games for having bugs. All in all, for me this was a mw2 beater. but they could've added more guns, but maybe it'll come in the future, I sure hope so. Expand
  21. Nov 18, 2010
    With so many FPS Games out there its hard to pick your favorites.Medal of Honor takes place in Afghanistan and gives you a variety of different missions from stealth to Helicopter pilot its hard to get bored as the missions try hard to change its focus. The night missions lack the graphics but there are not too many of those thakfully but it does give you a chance to use night vision.With so many FPS Games out there its hard to pick your favorites.Medal of Honor takes place in Afghanistan and gives you a variety of different missions from stealth to Helicopter pilot its hard to get bored as the missions try hard to change its focus. The night missions lack the graphics but there are not too many of those thakfully but it does give you a chance to use night vision. overall the game is solid and fun to play. may not be the best FPS But worth a rental for sure. Expand
  22. Oct 23, 2010
    Great game. Not anything like Call of Duty or Bad Company. If you are a person that likes to jump on a brainless game and dual wield akimbo shotguns while lunging 3 feet to knife someone this would not be the game for you. First off this game is pretty slow paced. A lot of it is revolves around teamwork and positioning. You die fairly quick and most of the time one sniper shot to theGreat game. Not anything like Call of Duty or Bad Company. If you are a person that likes to jump on a brainless game and dual wield akimbo shotguns while lunging 3 feet to knife someone this would not be the game for you. First off this game is pretty slow paced. A lot of it is revolves around teamwork and positioning. You die fairly quick and most of the time one sniper shot to the torso will kill you. So it is important not to jump out of cover and sprint to the enemies base by yourself and attack.
    People that cry about this game not being as "good" as Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2 are the kind of people that like to do insanely unrealistic things. The story is really fun to play. People complain about its shortness, but CoD MW2 story is was just as short. I would recommend this game if you aren't a 12 year old running around with a 50 cal. sniper rifle screaming "NO SCOPE!!!!@#!".
  23. Sep 8, 2011
    Okay first thing is first, all you guys out there that immediatly go, "OMG CoD IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FPS GENRE EVAR!!!!!!" You are all idiots and honestly should be taken out behind the house and beaten to death with a rubber hose. Anyways. SP was amazing, I know alot of you are saying omg it so beiege and bland. Trust me, I have been to afghanistan before, its honestlyOkay first thing is first, all you guys out there that immediatly go, "OMG CoD IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FPS GENRE EVAR!!!!!!" You are all idiots and honestly should be taken out behind the house and beaten to death with a rubber hose. Anyways. SP was amazing, I know alot of you are saying omg it so beiege and bland. Trust me, I have been to afghanistan before, its honestly an amazinng representation. ALot of brown, not alot of greenery unless your near a major river so on. I wont go into the MP as I generally suck at it and hold a bias opinion. The weapon ballistics are pretty good, though at times its a little easy to kill the AI there are an even number of times im liuke WTF where did he come from? So I feel even on normal the game can be challenging. The story was amazing, no I wasnt shooting down nukes or defending the white house from chinese or russian or who the **** ever but it was an honest portrayel of the way **** goes down over there. No endboss was great, the ending of the game literally had me in tears. This game has so much to to found, but sadly alot of it is really only seen by the military guys who have fought in afgan. Either way, this was an amazing game with solid SP, amazing graphics, and rediculously good sound, it honestly sounded like a firefight when I cranked my sound system up. I give the game a solid 9 for SP. Improvements I can foresee, is mainly a longer SP exp. perhaps bigger maps that allow for a little more tactical thought but on those mountains it really is completely linear, but they are not trying to be ARMA, so I think a little more openness and longer SP would greatly benefit the franchinse. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2011
    This is one of the very games that made me 'feel' i was inside the game. If you are a gamer who enjoys the storyline of a game and like to work together as a team or unit, definitely go for it. However this is not as action intense as COD. But to be honest i liked this better than COD. Also, the game is short, which can leave many users disappointing. But as long as it gives that feelingThis is one of the very games that made me 'feel' i was inside the game. If you are a gamer who enjoys the storyline of a game and like to work together as a team or unit, definitely go for it. However this is not as action intense as COD. But to be honest i liked this better than COD. Also, the game is short, which can leave many users disappointing. But as long as it gives that feeling that you are in the game, i would rate it high. Hope you make the right choice. Expand
  25. Mar 13, 2011
    Just played the single player mode, and the multiplayer and was both equally impressed. The visuals are absolutely fantastic and the gameplay on single player is full of suspense. The multiplayer is very action packed and you always have to be on your toes! I wouldn't compare it to Call of Duty because it's a totally different game in itself, and isn't stressful to play. Great game andJust played the single player mode, and the multiplayer and was both equally impressed. The visuals are absolutely fantastic and the gameplay on single player is full of suspense. The multiplayer is very action packed and you always have to be on your toes! I wouldn't compare it to Call of Duty because it's a totally different game in itself, and isn't stressful to play. Great game and worth it for the price honestly. Expand
  26. May 13, 2011
    I loved the game, not gonna lie. The story line was vastly better than CODs. I actually felt a bit of sadness when rabbit died. It was nice that i got to play different scenieros. Interesting storyline...almost movie-esiq.
    I love how it doesnt glorify warfare...it shows it how war should be seen, as hell a living hell. I don't care if i get boo'd for this but war isn't as cracked up as it should be. Being a Iraq vet, i really liked this game.
  27. Sep 8, 2011
    I prefer this experience over COD really. Sometimes with COD, you watch. Short but more engaging. Like a good book, if you wished it was longer, it must be real goo. Real short though.
  28. May 12, 2011
    While the single-player isn't very good, the multiplayer is competitive and fast paced. Overall however, I have trouble recommending this game when the Call of Duty series has much better single player campaigns and Battlefield has a far superior multiplayer. Medal of Honor is just a compromise in both respects, with a largely uninteresting single-player campaign and a repetitiveWhile the single-player isn't very good, the multiplayer is competitive and fast paced. Overall however, I have trouble recommending this game when the Call of Duty series has much better single player campaigns and Battlefield has a far superior multiplayer. Medal of Honor is just a compromise in both respects, with a largely uninteresting single-player campaign and a repetitive multiplayer. Hopefully the second game will improve upon the single-player, because it definitely has potential. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2010
    I'm not sure why this game has received such poor reviews.. I've been an avid gamer for 15 years and I have to say this game is a great mix between Counterstrike mechanics, Call of Duty: MW2, and Bad Company 2. The graphics are very good and the audio is probably the best I have EVER heard. The other pro is that the weapons feel spot on. If you are bored of the CoD:MW2 perk BS and the proI'm not sure why this game has received such poor reviews.. I've been an avid gamer for 15 years and I have to say this game is a great mix between Counterstrike mechanics, Call of Duty: MW2, and Bad Company 2. The graphics are very good and the audio is probably the best I have EVER heard. The other pro is that the weapons feel spot on. If you are bored of the CoD:MW2 perk BS and the pro camping to receive high end call ins or need a break from Bad Company 2, MoH's multiplayer is filled with very skilled players and the competition is intense. The gameplay mechanics and attention to moderate realism really make Medal of Honor stand out in the multiplayer arena as the game will force many to adopt authentic battlefield tactics but not break the game enough that you wouldn't be able to play as a highly aggressive one man army. This game is very fun and addictive and I wouldn't let the biased critics deter you if you are in the market for a new shooter. Expand
  30. Oct 14, 2010
    I actually purchased the PC version of this game and it it light years better than the PS3 rental I got as well. The PS3 game was sluggish and froze often. Just not as smooth as it should have been. The PC version of multiplayer looks gorgeous and was much smoother and crisper.
  31. Dec 28, 2010
    Great multi-player game. Maps are extremely real. I wish there were more. Headshots kill. Guys aren't superhuman taking 30 shots before falling like some shooters. Team tactics are encouraged and rewarded. A single Radeon 5850 can give you full-detail 1080p graphics for the entire game.
    Three types of soldier to choose from. With each, you must use different tactics to get the job done. Single player is fun though short. I don't get the "sensitivity" critics out there. We've already seen past shooters with these very elements implemented in the games. Why pick on this one?
  32. Jan 5, 2011
    If your buying this for single player save your money,but with that said Multi-player is awesome!They took what was good from bfbc2 and made MOH. Medal of Honor is a more tactical shooter than your basic run and gun shooter.Great Game!!
  33. Oct 18, 2010
    The game was good but just missed great!!!The graphics were awesome, a few glitches here and there and very rarely average graphics. The story line was good but the campaign was way too short!!!Just as i became addicted it ended. It could just needed more but didnt reach its full potential. Good try though but if M.O.H wants to come close to C.O.D.M.W.2 they need to pull up their socks
  34. Nov 30, 2010
    This game blew me away, I do have to say the SP was way too short, but what a ride. They really show how far the frostbite engine has been developed, there were some real time cut scenes, like when the helicopter was attacked for instance, that were litteraly mind blowing. I would bet my life it was cg. great game, way too short. They could have done sooo much more! For instance, theThis game blew me away, I do have to say the SP was way too short, but what a ride. They really show how far the frostbite engine has been developed, there were some real time cut scenes, like when the helicopter was attacked for instance, that were litteraly mind blowing. I would bet my life it was cg. great game, way too short. They could have done sooo much more! For instance, the frostbite engine is perfect for introducing all kinds of vehicals into the gameplay, all you ever control is a atv and it's just driving down a coridor... this could have been a 10 title easily, I'd be willing to bet they rushed them to make a holiday launch and they cut a lot of gameplay out. VERY eager to play the next instalment. Honestly, I LOVE call of duty, but battlefield and MOH series really give me a lot more. We're on the verger of photo-realistic games, iot's a thing of beauty. This game simply pushes us that muich closer, kinda how crisis pushed the bar up, this does the same. Expand
  35. Oct 15, 2010
    Moh is nice game with a decent graphics and technology, unreal 3. Game is very action packed if you compare it to crappy bfbc 2 and is very near to Modern Warfare 2. Single player is good: short campaign and dynamic. Story is normal action film/game story but scripted scenes are well done. Multi player as all ways is the better side of this game; good maps and weapon customization withMoh is nice game with a decent graphics and technology, unreal 3. Game is very action packed if you compare it to crappy bfbc 2 and is very near to Modern Warfare 2. Single player is good: short campaign and dynamic. Story is normal action film/game story but scripted scenes are well done. Multi player as all ways is the better side of this game; good maps and weapon customization with score-chain awards, its realistic too unlike BFBC 2 (you need to fire 3 bullets with SVU sniper to enemy when he/she dies). Well the best DICE game ever that ive played ever. (10.0) Expand
  36. Oct 16, 2010
    I thought the single player has allot more depth then its competitors. The single player was definitely short but that is quickly becoming the norm. I beat it in a little bit longer time then MW2. But games are now designed more for the Multiplayer aspect, due to the continual money reimbursement for additional maps ect. The graphics on this game are awesome, mechanics were a little offI thought the single player has allot more depth then its competitors. The single player was definitely short but that is quickly becoming the norm. I beat it in a little bit longer time then MW2. But games are now designed more for the Multiplayer aspect, due to the continual money reimbursement for additional maps ect. The graphics on this game are awesome, mechanics were a little off but they released a patch and they have corrected most of the errors on the multiplayer, but the biggest seller is they are working to make it a continuously better gaming experience, by implementing user feedback and beta player feedback. Im looking forwards to more of this saga. Expand
  37. Oct 12, 2010
    Singleplayer is good - it's not bravado stupid style rambo shooter like mw2, it have a sense and its targets, story is ok for shooter, characters and voices done nicely, sound is great. High mountain ambient is new and interesting. In first levels graphics is average but after 2nd U3 engine shows his ability's, and some time it's looks very pretty, any way graphic is good for today.Singleplayer is good - it's not bravado stupid style rambo shooter like mw2, it have a sense and its targets, story is ok for shooter, characters and voices done nicely, sound is great. High mountain ambient is new and interesting. In first levels graphics is average but after 2nd U3 engine shows his ability's, and some time it's looks very pretty, any way graphic is good for today. Multiplayer - is something between MW2 and BC2, but it's not as good as both. So if you like MW2 or BC2 you should go on playing it, reason to try MOH multiplayer is only if you didn't find what you want in one of them. Expand
  38. Oct 13, 2010
    Single-player was fun, a little short but, it was fun. It was nice to see a game where your not the one killing every thing in sight, being asked to cover someone while they do something way out of their training ( defuse bomb,hack computer, etc) and saving the world from everything. The levels them selves didn't feel to long or to short, I was never thinking when will this end? The gameSingle-player was fun, a little short but, it was fun. It was nice to see a game where your not the one killing every thing in sight, being asked to cover someone while they do something way out of their training ( defuse bomb,hack computer, etc) and saving the world from everything. The levels them selves didn't feel to long or to short, I was never thinking when will this end? The game is a bit too easy for my liking, but didn't have those "getting kill because I was told to hurry up and advance/retreat moments" nearly as much as MW. Only glitch i had was mission glitched and had to restart to complete. The multiplayer seems like another generic shooter with aspects of bad company 2 and MW in it, which is to bad i believe it could have done better.I hope they patch the game to fix any bugs and not give up on it. I am also hoping to see a sequel. Expand
  39. Oct 13, 2010
    OK, let me start by saying this game is not perfect and does have some problems, however, that doesn't mean this game is not good. For starters, the graphics are great in both the SP and the MP and each has its ups and downs regarding graphics (ex. SP has more realistic glare while MP has more realistic smoke effects). One thing I will say is that when going from SP to MP I noticed thatOK, let me start by saying this game is not perfect and does have some problems, however, that doesn't mean this game is not good. For starters, the graphics are great in both the SP and the MP and each has its ups and downs regarding graphics (ex. SP has more realistic glare while MP has more realistic smoke effects). One thing I will say is that when going from SP to MP I noticed that the guns in SP look far more realistic and polished than in MP, but MP I generally found to have better character models though not by much. One thing to look out for is there are texture loading problems in the SP (when you jump into a new game the textures take about ten seconds to load entirely even though you are already playing) not to mention the beards everyone was waiting for don't look as good in the game and are probably the area of biggest complaint for me regarding models. On top of that, there are a few collision issues in SP (one is almost unavoidable). However, the animations are incredible (very few flaws) and the game, overall, just looks fantastic which increases the immersion in an already great environment.

When it comes to sound, the game is also different between SP and MP and, again, each has its own strengths. Do not think that the guns sound bad in either nor do the environmental affects such as the sound of your feet, just one is a little better than the other. The soundtrack is where this game really shines and a few of the tracks (particularly at the end) are practically tear-driving they fit in so well with what these men and women go through. And if you're a Linkin Park fan, you'll be glad to know they make a couple appearances in the soundtrack. When it comes to the SP, this game takes a little getting used to. Everything is so different from the MP that even if you participated in the beta, you'll run into some issues with getting a feel for what seems like a clunky and either unresponsive or too responsive game at first, but stick with it. After the second level you should easily have gotten used to the feel and by the fourth it will just feel natural. There are some framerate issues throughout the SP that are more rampant in the first two levels than the rest of the game (though, towards the end, I noticed quite a few framerate issues as the intensity picked up). However, I will say this is not for people who want a purely action-packed experienced with an equally intense plot. The plot is more realistic and more like a documentary going from soldier to soldier and showing them working together, but there isn't much of a plot aside from trying to get established in Afghanistan (the only real "intense" moment of the plot is towards the end). The game also has moments in which confrontation is discouraged completely and you'll also find the action levels are generally slower with a few breaks on occasion to try to grasp the situation. It does feel more realistic though. It also should be noted that the SP is not tough at all (took me about 5 hours on Hard the first time through the game--though there were a couple areas where I had some definitely struggles getting past). If it isn't enough of a challenge, there is a Tier 1 Mode which is a competitive online mode tracking how good people are at the SP missions. Overall, the SP feels great and definitely captures the respect for the soldier that I was looking most forward to, as well as providing a more realistic approach to war than a lot of games are doing.

Now, when you go to MP, the game is almost completely different. A different engine, no prone, no lean, and a completely different arsenal of weapons that look different from their SP counterparts when they are the same. The game is fast paced and team-based, though there is no VOIP which is a drawback, but TS should be able to compensate for this (did with my friends). There are bugs and glitches and the lag and hit detection can be problematic depending on the server as well as the occasional hacker (though they are few and far between depending on your server). The spawn system can also be problematic and spawn killing is REALLY easy in a couple maps, though a good team will prevent the other team from spawn killing. The pace is sort of a mix between CoD4 and BC2 so, just like so much, this game seems to be a mix between the two. Camping can be a problem, but the Skill system discourages it (though some completely ignore the Skill system) not to mention no camping spot is perfect. Scorechains are also a good deviation from killstreaks and are not overpowered or TOO problematic. In the end, I found the MP to be a good pace with some definite enjoyment as you rank up through the, albeit simplistic and small, unlock tree. So, get MoH or don't? Personally, I think the $60 was worth it, but if you're looking for a CoD or BC2 clone, you'll be disappointed. Overall, just take into consideration what has been said and make your own decision.
  40. Oct 15, 2010
    This game is brilliant. All you CoD MW fanboys just need to...go away. Go play your precious game that took the genre back YEARS to Quake III deathmatch/arena. This game, Medal of Honor, is a game of team play, brains, and skill. CoD MW/MW2 focuses on twitch play, kill streaks, and ME ME ME--which is why so many of you noobs love it. My hope is that the players that do actually likeThis game is brilliant. All you CoD MW fanboys just need to...go away. Go play your precious game that took the genre back YEARS to Quake III deathmatch/arena. This game, Medal of Honor, is a game of team play, brains, and skill. CoD MW/MW2 focuses on twitch play, kill streaks, and ME ME ME--which is why so many of you noobs love it. My hope is that the players that do actually like this MoH and especially combat mission will get hooked on the team style of play. RTCW: ET, Far Cry (flag capture), and ET:QW were the best team focused games up to this point. ET:QW is stil the epitomy of team effort for all maps involved, but the assault the airfield map in MoH captures that same feeling, and has better graphics, more realistic fight dynamics, and lets face it, half a million more players.

The game installed/loaded flawlessly, looks beautiful, plays realistically (seems even moreso than AA3--sorry US Army), and is the most fun I have had in months playing a game. Point system is there for those of you that need that in your life, rank system and unlocks aren't brutal and unforgiving (I'm still not a fan of any rank system, but this is best I've seen yet). Scenery is spot on. For those reviewers that said "it is all beige"....WTF do you think Afghanistan looks like? And multiplayer maps are anything but. I can't wait until new maps that include forest/jungle come out to really shut people up. I must give another plug for the assault/defend the airfield map. That is the best multiplayer experience I have had, and I am not even in a clan and wasn't on TS or vent with anyone. I was in TAW Far Cry division for three years and it had its moments, but that map in public multiplayer was thrilling. When the Bradley had me pinned behind a concrete barrier I nearly cringed in RL. And another time in the hangar I was using pallets for cover and they shattered when a nade hit too close. Totally unexpected and awesome!
  41. Oct 15, 2010
    This game is worth your time. It's interesting how most games cannot be released nowadays without being attacked or praised by fan boys who want to compare it to other games ad nauseum. Another interesting trend I've noticed is how the average game is unhappy with anything less than epic. Medal of Honor does not have the player fighting evil space robots trying to take over the world, butThis game is worth your time. It's interesting how most games cannot be released nowadays without being attacked or praised by fan boys who want to compare it to other games ad nauseum. Another interesting trend I've noticed is how the average game is unhappy with anything less than epic. Medal of Honor does not have the player fighting evil space robots trying to take over the world, but it does have an interesting story. People will argue against this last point I made saying, "I found it hard to follow. Where was the endboss?" To which I will say, "Saving your fellow soldier was the endboss. Sorry there weren't enough neon lights indicating that." I think many gamers are jaded by the idea that a single soldier, letâ Expand
  42. Nov 26, 2011
    Medal of Honor's multiplayer is nothing short of awesome. I'm blown away and love it. I'm a big Battlefield fan and enjoy Call of Duty for the simple feel of it. Jump in and simply shoot and throw grenades. EA's title's arent quiet the same. Follow the Call of Duty way of playing and you'll either give up or simply die an awful lot. You need to play smart and be aware of your surroundings.Medal of Honor's multiplayer is nothing short of awesome. I'm blown away and love it. I'm a big Battlefield fan and enjoy Call of Duty for the simple feel of it. Jump in and simply shoot and throw grenades. EA's title's arent quiet the same. Follow the Call of Duty way of playing and you'll either give up or simply die an awful lot. You need to play smart and be aware of your surroundings. Read the full review @ www.insidepcgaming.com Expand
  43. Dec 2, 2010
    The single player for me was a huge disappointment. The story and feel just didn't grab me, didn't even feel inclined to finish it. The multiplayer on the other hand is terrific. Such a breath of fresh air...the feel is just completely different and particularly the combat mission maps are epic.

If your main reason for buying this is for the single player, don't bother. On the other hand, the multiplayer will give you hours of fun if you're sick and tired of COD like i am.
  44. Jan 2, 2011
    Medal of Honor is certainly a great FPS game. It's campaign, although short, is exciting and makes you feel like in Afghanistan, with modern weaponry and immersive music and scenarios. The graphics are not the best, but won't let you down. The multiplayer is well built, with various gaming modes and ranking system, but is quite disappointing when it comes to weapon customization, thereMedal of Honor is certainly a great FPS game. It's campaign, although short, is exciting and makes you feel like in Afghanistan, with modern weaponry and immersive music and scenarios. The graphics are not the best, but won't let you down. The multiplayer is well built, with various gaming modes and ranking system, but is quite disappointing when it comes to weapon customization, there aren't many unlockable weapons nor accessories, so you won't be surprised with what kills you during a battle. It does not stay much behind CoD, and it's a great comeback for a franchise that popularized the FPS genre. Expand
  45. Oct 13, 2010
    I am very confused as to why MoH is getting such poor reviews. It would almost seem as though everyone who hates the game are just whining about it not being a Modern Warfare 2 clone. Allow me to directly address the major complaints of those who don't like the game. First off, people complain that the story isn't as good as that of Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2. The average soldierI am very confused as to why MoH is getting such poor reviews. It would almost seem as though everyone who hates the game are just whining about it not being a Modern Warfare 2 clone. Allow me to directly address the major complaints of those who don't like the game. First off, people complain that the story isn't as good as that of Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2. The average soldier (or even the average special ops. operator) doesn't break into a Russian sub pen and launch nuclear missiles at Washington D.C. or save the United States from a Russian invasion by destroying an EMP device on a transport plane in mid-air. Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 are about ridiculous, over the top action. That's fine, but Medal of Honor is trying to put you in the boots of actual soldiers. Real soldiers don't save the world like you see in other games. They get their missions and carry them out to the best of their ability. That being said, the Medal of Honor campaign is captivating and fun in my opinion, and the missions flow together very well. People complain about it containing scripted events, but so did Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2, and I think MoH actually blends more seamlessly between gameplay and cutscenes/scripted events than either of the other games did. Critics also need to stop complaining about length. Portal was 3-4 hours long, and it still won Game of the Year in 2007 from dozens of reviewers. Focus on quality, not quantity. I'm sick of games padding themselves out with stupid story elements. I still haven't finished Bioshock because I got sick of all the random fetch quests it set you out on. Lots of critics also complain that the AI sucks and whine about how they will just sit behind a wall and shoot at you, instead of run around and reposition like in BC2 and MW2. This complaint is the stupidest I've seen so far. Why on earth would you run out from cover while being shot at? It's always bothered me that AI in other games does this. Sure, it gives the player easier shots, but it makes no sense. People (and therefore any AI trying to simulate them) like to not be shot, and the best way to do so is to take cover and return fire. The AI in Medal of Honor does just this, and it's nice to see some AI that has any sense of self-preservation. Closing comments: I really thought the peek system was awesome. Not only do you get to lean left and right from behind cover like in other games, but you can also pop your head up and down. This becomes extremely useful to reload or take cover, then pop back up and return fire. Critics complain about graphics and other random things. I thought the graphics were just fine. I honestly don't know what those people are complaining about. Reviewers need to stop comparing this to Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2. It's not trying to be just like them; this is a different kind of game. If you're looking for a more realistic modern warfare game instead of the over-the-top James Bond-style action, check out Medal of Honor. It's a great buy. Expand
  46. Oct 13, 2010
    what a game omg, singleplayer is amazingly fantastic in all ways. Multiplayer is very enjoyable and intense, This game is a must buy in my eyes.superb!!!!
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    the best online and single player game, engine shows his ability's, and some time it's looks very pretty, any way graphic is good for today. Multiplayer - is something between MW2 and BC2, but it's not as good as both. So if you like MW2 or BC2 you should go on playing it, reason to try MOH multiplayer is only if you didn't find what you want in one of them
  48. Oct 22, 2010
    ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten tenten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten. Expand
  49. Oct 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Azután, hogy játszottam vele a nyílt beta teszten a singleplayer mód az elején nem nagyon tetszett, mert a multyplayer módhoz képest túl lassú volt a játékmenet, de a végére egész kis pörgŠExpand
  50. Oct 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP took me about 3 hours on normal...guess i know why people are saying it's too short...that and the ending isn't really spectacular, but it's legit as in - it f-ing happens in the real world. I have to say I did enjoy the SP, you're not Rambo, just a US soldier kickin some a$$...you take on roles as both Tier1 seals and Army Rangers and between them and the support they have at their disposal, you get a really cool feeling for the actual fighting going on...plus plenty of the gaming bits you need. As far as playing goes, the SP graphics are nothing spectacular (just thought i'd get that out of the way, I am a graphics guy and UE3 is oldschool...hard for me to LOVE it), and you occasionally get stuck on something or have to restart the mission because of some glitch, but shooting bad guys in this game is really fun. they change it up a little bit from the usual "you run in there and shoot 80000 bad guys while i stand here and pick my nose for a while" haha. I'd rate the SP a 7/10...1 point off for graphics and 2 points off for shortness and mild glitches.

Played a few hours of MP and hardcore mode is F-ING HARD (which is awesome...aggravating at times, but very refreshing). I hate the MW2 killstreaks with the gunners and stuff, and these score-chain rewards are much simpler and less distracting from the gameplay.

lack of realistic recoil is not an issue due to the small "hit-box" sizes...and there is recoil, it's just not massive. problems with it: no polish (not on same "polished" level as currentBC2(not on launch lol) or COD4), no mod-tools, no prone/lean/strafe-sprint (like BC2). overall, i had tons of fun with it tonight, had a 45ish-25ish round at the top of my team lol...that was pretty crazy. gameplay is INTENSE and i thought it was awesome. MP gameplay - 8/10.... TOTAL MoH rating from me: 7.5/10 (i'll mark 8 to offset the "low offsetters" that think they have to lie about what they're actually rating it instead of just putting their points where they belong.)
  51. Jul 5, 2016
    Epic multiplayer fun! Such a small community now but it's going strong. The attraction to this game that a few people seem to understand is the absence of crazy gadgets, perks and unbalanced weapons. It's even gameplay for both teams and it's all up to skill. It has a very gritty and realistic feel to it. The weapons pack a heavy punch and they are lethal. The frostbite engine and Dice'sEpic multiplayer fun! Such a small community now but it's going strong. The attraction to this game that a few people seem to understand is the absence of crazy gadgets, perks and unbalanced weapons. It's even gameplay for both teams and it's all up to skill. It has a very gritty and realistic feel to it. The weapons pack a heavy punch and they are lethal. The frostbite engine and Dice's legendary sound design mixes the combat into something call of duty will never achieve. The sound of the weapons, explosions and the very mature language of the soldiers make this game feel like it's for older players. The 13 year olds have long ago moved on to their akimbo sprint jump 360 no scope gameplay in other games or simply matured and come back to this awesome little community of hardcore Navy SEALs going at it like real men of war. So grab your M4 and join the fight. Expand
  52. Jul 31, 2014
    My Favorite Military Arcade shooter. One big diamond! (Lower the sound a little bit, and hear the music in the game.) Its a little short, but its intense, dramatic (on hard difficulty of course).
  53. Jun 13, 2014
    Apesar do jogo ser de 2010, é um ótimo jogo para a época.
    Gráficos não são das melhores qualidade mas a história que o jogo aborda é íncrivel, a única coisa ruim do jogo é que ele é curto não há muitas histórias no caminho.
  54. Jan 3, 2016
    I dont understand why scores are so low. This game is actually one of the greatest fps ever. The battle sense is perfect, graphics cool . frostbite engine is flawless , team is awesome . preacher, mother, dusty, voodoo , rabbit exc. Buy and play it.
  55. Sep 10, 2015
  56. Oct 29, 2016
    I only played single player which was very good. I'd recommend it a single player gamer. I played it when it was out but writing the review now :p..
  57. Feb 18, 2013
    Along with the enjoyable storyline, the singleplayer has beautiful graphics, great weapon modelling and surprisingly clever AI. If I’m honest the only problems with the singleplayer are that it has too many cutscenes, beautiful, but too many, and that it takes no more than 3 hours to complete on the hardest difficulty level. Both the multiplayer and the singleplayer are great fun andAlong with the enjoyable storyline, the singleplayer has beautiful graphics, great weapon modelling and surprisingly clever AI. If I’m honest the only problems with the singleplayer are that it has too many cutscenes, beautiful, but too many, and that it takes no more than 3 hours to complete on the hardest difficulty level. Both the multiplayer and the singleplayer are great fun and involve hugely satisfying action. Although the multiplayer provides some fast-paced action, it is mostly team work based, so if you are looking for a CoD like multiplayer experience, where you just run around aimlessly shooting whoever you see, then this game is not for you (well, not its multiplayer anyway…). Otherwise, the multiplayer provides hours of additional fun with its refreshingly challenging game play. As I’ve already mentioned, it focuses extensively on teamwork and also encourages a cover-to-cover, tactical play style. I think that this is one of the best shooters that I have played in years, definitely better than some of the latest CoD titles. Expand
  58. May 1, 2013
    while medal of honor is a bit short, its still a really good game. it has little innovations over other games, but this is still a great shooter. what makes medal of honor unique and good, is that it actually makes sense. the game is based on operation anaconda in 2002. this makes the game much more realistic. the story isnt about saving the world or stopping nuclear war, its aboutwhile medal of honor is a bit short, its still a really good game. it has little innovations over other games, but this is still a great shooter. what makes medal of honor unique and good, is that it actually makes sense. the game is based on operation anaconda in 2002. this makes the game much more realistic. the story isnt about saving the world or stopping nuclear war, its about fighting the taliban and al-qaeda. the plot is really good, and it serves a great and good change from modern "save the world" games. the game also happens in believable locations. you fight in deserts, little villages and snowy mountains. the locations feel realistic, and dont make you jump from one place to another like an action movie. the enviroments are varied as well. the story talks about the brotherhood between the soldiers, and not just being about stone hearted killers (dont worry, you still play as an elite force that arent afraid to pull the triger).
    unfortunetly, the game is pretty short. it also has a big amount of bugs. besides this issues the game is amazing. it doesnt do a lot new but its realisticness and honor for the soldiers really make it much more than an average shooter!!!!!! buy it!!!!!
  59. Aug 25, 2013
    The story was continuous instead of other games modern games where the story has to jump through time. I wish there was a little more of an loft objective to the game other than Rabbit dying at the end for the medal of honor and the game was a little short. Overall a great shooter and you won't be sorry.
  60. Sep 20, 2013
    Although EA didn't manage to beat out the CoD experience with this game, they did provide a solid shooter experience, though it may be more ephemeral than they would have liked. This doesn't really add anything new to the shooter scene, and although it's great for fluid mechanics, good graphics and a constant adrenaline rush, it is in the end forgettable. In another place and time, it mayAlthough EA didn't manage to beat out the CoD experience with this game, they did provide a solid shooter experience, though it may be more ephemeral than they would have liked. This doesn't really add anything new to the shooter scene, and although it's great for fluid mechanics, good graphics and a constant adrenaline rush, it is in the end forgettable. In another place and time, it may be considered groundbreaking, but in the end Medal of Honor feels an awful lot like another shooter following the crowd. The game is definitely more realistic than the CoD franchise, with obvious pains taken to make the characters and story believable. Unfortunately, there isn't enough story to give the player a sentimental attachment, and that is a major shortcoming. All this granted, Medal of Honor is still a great shooter. Expand
  61. Sep 30, 2013
    Personally, i think MoH is a really fun game. You shoot a lot, in a intelligent way. You use a lot the zoom. You drive a quad, you are in an helicopter and shoot rockets. I mean, what do you want from a wargame? I like the levels and the miossions too. The siege, ehan you are Adams, is a hell!
    Maybe It is not too hard. I play it at hard and I rarely die. I don't know how the multiplayer is, but the single one, at hard mode, is a must play. ow oyu can find it also at low price! A must play-must buy! For me, an 8.
  62. Nov 1, 2013
    Medal of Honor from a gameplay perspective, is quite generic. You take cover, you shoot stuff with the ironsights on, take cover in order to regenerate your health. This has caused a lot of criticism from people. But if you look underneath that exterior of a generic game you may just find something much more worth your while.

As a lot of people may or may not know, the events in this

As a lot of people may or may not know, the events in this game are based on real-life events. This includes the characters, as they maintain their actual military codenames that they had. When you play this game and realize that this is based on something that happened in real life, specific events and scenarios that take place during the game, especially at the end, it just wrenches you right in the heart. It's a story worth listening to, and makes the gameplay much more tolerable when you engage yourself with the story.

Though you'd probably be better off waiting for a sale, this game is by far worth picking up. It has a story to tell, it has a campaign with constantly changing events that keeps your interest peeked, it's worth checking out. I highly recommend it.
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    This is I swear to god the best fps game ever. The story is set in Afghanistan. You are either navy seals, or army rangers. Seals are usually doing the stealthy missions, while as a ranger, you fight with dozens more rangers, "nonstealthily."
    The graphics are amazing. Rather than having this vibrant cheerful battleground, you have this bleak, dusty, ultrarealistic landscape. The graphics beat battlefield 4 by 3 years. The storyline is short, but it isn't your average boring cod superhero story, it depicts all the small battles that make up the whole. The story is very emotional, and the characters have a lot of depth, compared to cod, and battlefield. And the music is amazing and very professional, rather than the average Beethoven from cod and battlefield. Although there are a couple points where you have to walk to a certain point, and when you go to that point, it doesn't do anything.
    The multiplayer is great too. It is like a whole different game, but it is good. The killstreaks are way more effective, but you can't choose you're own. There is as specific ladder of scorestreaks, each more effective than the last. You can either choose an offensive scorestreak, like a mortar strike, or a cruise missile, or you can choose a defensive scorestreak, which gives you points instantly, and a bonus. The scoring is different too, rather than getting a ****load of points for one kill, you get ten. I prefer this just because it feels more rewarding to get 1000 points for 50 kills rather than 1000 points for only ten kills. Unlike cod, you can jump over whatever rock you feel like, rather than being told where you can jump. This allows for awesome hiding spots and really fun ways to sneak up on your enemy. You have endless sprint, which is unrealistic, but I miss it when I play cod. There is a lack of classes, which I find cool and challenging. The only con is the slight lag when you turn your graphic settings up. 10/10, buy it. But do not get sequel, it messes up storyline, and multiplayer sucks.

1. Sep 19, 2011
    Overall, Medal of Honor is visually and aurally outstanding, but it needs much more polish on gameplay, scripted events, character/scene transitions and narrative construction before it's ready to really run with the big dogs.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Medal of Honor doesn't become the current image of Electronic Arts – probably the most "humane" of all videogame corporations. Danger Close Games' debut reminds of a time when EA was a gloomy assembly line churning out soulless yearly sequels and movie tie-ins.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good news: This is not Call of Duty. Bad news: This is not Call of Duty. Interesting environs and fast paced action can't hide more than a few story holes and the overall stupidity of opponents. [Issue#197]