• Publisher: Reptile
  • Release Date: Oct 15, 2013
7.4

1. Oct 4, 2013
    A mash up of my favorite games jam-packed into one neat little title. Visual prowess and addictive gameplay leave me wanting more, but it's hard to complain to humble indie developers.
  2. Oct 15, 2013
    A well polished platformer with lots of emphasis on exploration and customization. Multiplayer rings of Smash Bros. and the only real mark against the game is that you need people physically present for the multiplayer.
  3. May 8, 2014
    I'm a fan of Smash Bros., but I like this game better than the Melee or Brawl. The customizable robots with different moves and abilities based on the parts you use make it enjoyable to find out what suits your play style. It works well with controllers, imo, and has re-mappable keys if you need them.

The story can seem a little drawn out at times, but looking for all the hidden things
    on the level can be fun. I haven't made any custom multiplayer levels yet, but I was a fan of that in Smash Bros. I also haven't had an opportunity to play with more than two people yet, and the only issue I've had with it is the time it takes to get the robots all customized to your liking, which isn't bad if you think about it.

Overall, I love this game and recommend it for any fan of Smash Bros.
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    It's really just quite boring to be honest. I can see why it'd be fun if it allowed you to play with friends online, but unfortunately there is no online mode. The adventure mode just... doesn't work for a game like this.

1. Dec 19, 2013
    The lack of online play is a shame. [Christmas 2013, p.93]
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    A brilliant idea brought down by its visual style. Fun for its adventure mode, but otherwise buy a Wii and stick to Smash Bros. [Oct 2013, p.87]
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    There is fun to be had in Megabyte Punch but just not to the extent of its obvious inspirations.