8.6

1. Mar 12, 2014
    I really like the first game in this series and given the high reviews other people have given this game I had high hopes for the sequel.

I'm about half way through the third chapter and unfortunately I'm having a really hard time struggling to continue playing the game. Not up to Daedalic's usual high standards, it's almost as if the game was developed by a different team. When I

When I got to the large, frustrating and boring maze in the third chapter I knew this game probably isn't worth playing. Why to game designers continue to include mazes in adventure games? A few other puzzles are also ridiculous. I don't remember this being a problem in the first game.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    An entertaining point 'n' click adventure in the old school sense - which means challenging puzzles, beautiful 2D backdrops and an immersive world. Unfortunately the voice acting can be pretty terrible at times and music is sometimes non-existent for certain scenes, so there could've been a lot more work done in the audio department.
  3. Feb 2, 2015
    A decent fantasy outing that starts off with great promise, but ultimately becomes a lackluster adventure towards the mid section of the game, and ending up as an illogical mess.

Memoria gets most things right. Decent voice acting, fantastic background art and a somewhat interesting story with a good few twists on the way. However the game falls short with several flaws. The story

However the game falls short with several flaws. The story ends up in a twisty illogical affair that makes little sense. It's like watching an episode of Lost. The plot is just all over the place towards the mid-section of the game, and the ending is just full of plot holes. The is no pattern to the writing, its just full on erratic.

If that wasn't bad enough, the puzzles in Memoria start off following logic. They are easy to comprehend and grasp. Towards the ending of the game, its as if they decided that they couldn't be bothered anymore, and put you in a situation where you had to complete some rather outlandish puzzles that leave you scratching your head. The tower puzzle at the end is by far the most criminal of these.

Memoria is a decent outing, but will leave you frustrated, confused and just downright bored towards the end.

1. Dec 30, 2013
    Fans of The Dark Eye setting will likely have this down to complete their collection. The rest of us get a decent introduction to a setting we've probably not heard of before and might want to check out if we have the time.
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    The story payoff is there. Memoria is a good game for adventure gamers who are looking for that payoff and aren’t put off by the game’s occasional dry spells.
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    An adventure from the old school, but an absorbing example of one, and worth a look. [Dec 2013, p.89]