• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: Sep 8, 2011
4.6

1. Sep 11, 2011
    As the whole Men of War series, MoW: Vietnam is a perfect tactical RTS, maybe the best created ever. Comparing to Faces of War or first Men ot War we get improved graphics, some new sounds, and of course new environment, according to the time the Vietnam war took place. New weapons, a lot of jungle locations, new music - for MoW fans it's just exactly what they need. Personally I love this series, and I can not say anything against. I'm just waiting for some upgrade or DLC which can give us more modes to play in Multiplayer, such as Frontlines, Assault Zones etc. But anyway, my final opinion is: PERFECT! Expand
  2. Sep 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a Vietnamese player, I would like to say this: This game brings out the feel of a Viet Nam's jungle and the cruelty of the war. It is a tough game, but when you have a perfect plan in mind and watch it being done by your units, that will be one of the best feelings that you can get in a tactic game, seriously, It's tiring but it is quite realistic considering how a war in real life situation back then was. For those who can't seem to complete the missions that requires you to find something, for example, like the fuel can for your boat on the first mission in Viet Nam's side :
    - Check the graveyard near the church, press "Tab" to highlight items on the ground.
    For those who can't see your units hiding under tall grass or trees, highlight them, there are 2 ways:
    - Highlight the units being hidden by obstacle, check the lower left section of your screen for the icon.
    - Group select them, then select each of your unit one by one, this will enables you to see an icon hovering over your unit's head, good to use on early missions, when you have a small number of units to command.
    Did i tell you the voices of Vietnamese 's units in this game is the best that I've heard so far in games about Viet Nam's war?
  3. Sep 23, 2011
    A very good game overall. I agree that this game will appeal more to a niche audience. Vietnam era games/sims are few and far between. MoW Vietnam is the best I've played to date. I love the jungle canopy where it is difficult to see and do anything you want. That's how it is in that environment. Quite a challenge. The smaller unit actions and tactics are what win the day here. No grand battles like Kursk or El Alemain. Vietnam was a war fought by politicians where the generals often had one or sometimes both hands tied behind their backs.
    Good amount of equipment to be used here. Nice to play as NVA to get a taste of their perspective of things too.
    The game is challenging. Overall I like it very much. Good job 1C!
  4. Feb 19, 2013
    Like the United States Army, I came back from the jungles of Vietnam with a bloody nose. Cleraly Vietnam is for those Men at War pros who look for challenge. Very good game.

Mostly hardcore gamers appreciate this real time strategy series because of its high difficulty. Interesting campaigns from the attractive Vietnam War era offer lots of tactical possibilities but you have to endure the A.I. glitches along with objectionable camera controls. [Oct 2011]
  2. Oct 23, 2011
    I enjoyed Men of War: Vietnam a lot more than I initially thought I would. The game design favors action and strategy over resource management, and the level of difficulty, while daunting for most, was a refreshing change from the more casual military offerings out there these days.
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    Like the United States Army, I came back from the jungles of Vietnam with a bloody nose. Cleraly Vietnam is for those Men at War pros who look for challenge. That's fine by me, but I did not like stealth missions which the engine does not handle so well. Also vegetation hides units, enemy and own, irritatingly well. [Oct 2011]