5.8

1. Feb 1, 2014
    A decent open-world romp WITH A FRIEND. The game nedds to be played in co-op, otherwise it's just another open-world clone. The game has a good level of destructible environments, but this doesn't save it from repetition when play alone. (NB: The servers for the PC version of the game have been shut down by EA and the game is only playable in online mode. However, there is a sever emulator for Mercs2 available online for free that does work (tested). So, the co-op functionality is still applicable for the PC version of the game.) *Rating based on co-op play. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    After deciding to never buy another EA title again, i still got this on a bergain at about 5$. Then i couldn't finish it because of the bugs. I just abandoned it. Now it sits useless among the other, all better games i have. The story and game-play seem good and all, but the frame-rate goes below the bottom of the sea too often, and that while keeping it on minimum settings.
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    Mercenaries 2:
    -Moderate Storyline+
    +Great Gameplay+
    +Wonderful Graphics+
    -Moderate A.I+
    +Good Voice Acting+
    -Technical issues- (Glitches, and Bugs)
    -Frustrating Lack of Support-

Mercenaries 2 is not bad, it's horrible to shake the feelings between a friend and an enemy. But, Mercenaries 2 is disappointing.

Mercenaries 2 is like a newsstand; it has a lot of issues. Still, I can't deny that there were some hootin’ and hollerin’ moments. For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building.
    Mercenaries 2 has lived up to its expectations to be a fun and crazy game about having a hell of a time in a war zone.
  3. Great in small, explosive doses, particularly with a friend, but longevity is unlikely to be one of its strong points. [Nov 2008, p.106]