5.8

1. Feb 1, 2014
    A decent open-world romp WITH A FRIEND. The game nedds to be played in co-op, otherwise it's just another open-world clone. The game has a good level of destructible environments, but this doesn't save it from repetition when play alone. (NB: The servers for the PC version of the game have been shut down by EA and the game is only playable in online mode. However, there is a severA decent open-world romp WITH A FRIEND. The game nedds to be played in co-op, otherwise it's just another open-world clone. The game has a good level of destructible environments, but this doesn't save it from repetition when play alone. (NB: The servers for the PC version of the game have been shut down by EA and the game is only playable in online mode. However, there is a sever emulator for Mercs2 available online for free that does work (tested). So, the co-op functionality is still applicable for the PC version of the game.) *Rating based on co-op play. Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2015
    One of the best sandbox TPS I've ever played! Yes, it's not perfect, it has stupid AI, and graphics doesn't shining like a diamond. But! But those portions of fun that this game bring to me absolutley nihilates all her cons. Oh, and all those destructions! I extremely love this game, but I hate Electronic Arts for abandoning it almost after release date. It has outstanding co-op, butOne of the best sandbox TPS I've ever played! Yes, it's not perfect, it has stupid AI, and graphics doesn't shining like a diamond. But! But those portions of fun that this game bring to me absolutley nihilates all her cons. Oh, and all those destructions! I extremely love this game, but I hate Electronic Arts for abandoning it almost after release date. It has outstanding co-op, but Electronic Arts closed the servers after a year (sic!) of game release. Expand
  3. JMJM
    Jan 14, 2009
    Lack of visual polish, and over poor artistic quality hold back what is an extremely fun game. The controls are a bit off, but it does not kill what fun there is to have with this game. Could it be better yes, but I have no problems recommending this game based on fun factor alone.
  4. Jul 26, 2016
    This game is a open world gamers DREAM, You wanna blow up buildings and have lots of money? PLAY THIS GAME, don't listen to those stupid people saying this game is disappointing, I mean yeah the A.I is stupid but there are more pros than cons on this game.
    I play this game and I find it funner than Just Cause just because there are more interesting things in the game, I'm not saying it's better than Just Cause, I'm saying it's funner than Just Cause.

Oh yeah and stop arguing there's no blood

Mercenaries 2 is like a newsstand; it has a lot of issues. Still, I can't deny that there were some hootin’ and hollerin’ moments. For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building.
    Mercenaries 2 has lived up to its expectations to be a fun and crazy game about having a hell of a time in a war zone.
  3. PC Format
    Great in small, explosive doses, particularly with a friend, but longevity is unlikely to be one of its strong points. [Nov 2008, p.106]