7.9

1. Jan 11, 2014
    Camera automatically steers away from the enemies to show you low-res textures on the wall (even when I manually control camera with my mouse, it still screws me over because returning the camera back onto the enemy takes time in which enemy delivers the blow). Camera has negative acceleration for no reason whatsoever.
    Parrying mechanic completely counter-intuitive. It requires conscious
    effort to wait for attack and then release direction keys, press them again and press attack button to parry, which can't be performed by reflexes and breaks the flow of the game.
    What made me drop this game is difficulty spike at blade wolf and complete lack of checkpoints in that fight on top of that.
    Then, blade mode. Why do I have to use WASD to aim? Well, because with gamepads you can't use right stick and attack at the same time. BUT I'M PLAYING ON PC WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.
    This game screws over so many important details that it negates anything good that there is about it.
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    The graphics is lame, the physics is even lamer. The battle here is not about combos, it's about clicking right and left button a zillion times. So it's lame too. And even movement here is lame, thanks to the automatic obstacle overcoming system. So basically all the gameplay in this game ends up in pressing WSAD and 2 mouse buttons. And the character does everything for you. What's the point? Where's the gameplay?
    But even that was not the worst part for me. What made me quit this game is that I had to kite mad kicking cow-robots in the very beginning of the first chapter, 5 minutes each. Is it a fighting or what? I always thought that fightings are about doing combos and dodging enemy attacks, not running around enemies and hitting them from time to time for hours. This is not interesting at all!
    The only good thing about this game are cutscenes. They are really cool. But this is a game, not a movie. So IMHO it's not worth wasting time and money.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Some of the worst controls I have ever used. Camera is all over the place. Overall Physics suck. Feels like it was made by high school students knowledge. Waste of my money.
  4. Jan 13, 2014
    terrible writing, boring plot, bad characters, all twitch combat no strategy. The graphics are pretty but this is probably one of the worst games I've played recently.
  5. Jan 14, 2014
    I've checked every single software quirk that might be rendering my perfectly working mouse unusable in the game, but no. Camera flies in random directions and even on maximum sensitivity, it barely registers the mouse and choppily turns the camera, with random deceleration and is downright unusable. They port a game to PC, they pretend it works with PC controls, but it doesn't. And if you can't even play a game, there is no need to talk about anything else and it gets a 0. I don't plan to wait around until they decide to throw in a patch for something as basic as this, it's pure insolence Expand
  6. Jan 16, 2014
    THIS SUCKS ON SO MANY LEVELS IT HURTS MY FEELINGS[ Forget Metal Gear. I started this game with an open mind, knowing it wasn't the tactical game other MGs are, but I immediately felt a disturbance in the force. Let's begin... PC PORT When the game opened, a window greeted me. "Oh, it must be 1999," I thought, "maybe I opened my SNES emulator!". Then I realized it was my latest purchase, and I hurried to the customize menu. That's when things began to go wrong. It doesn't feature the resolution I play with, which is 1920x1200, so I had to play a 1920x1080 windowed. There are indie games that are more flexible than this one. In pain and hurt by this, I start the game. FIRST BLOOD After a slow tutorial you learn the game has basically two buttons you must smash to go ahead, plus an "activate for effortless movements" button where you don't have to do **** to go over obstacles and a "stop time and cut sh*t" button that lets you sushi up your enemies. I was thinking "This game f-ing plays itself". But I didn't know it got worse. I started a mission and - behold! - smashing buttons on my controller got the job done. I tried to parry, but it was the same key as the hit button. I have a xBox controller: I have 10 keys I can press and you force me to use the same button for hitting and parrying. Nice job! I don't feel like an idiot at all, having to use just a couple of buttons to play the game. THE F- YOU CAMERA The camera earned its own section. You can rotate it BUT IT ALSO FOLLOWS YOU. That means that if you are trying to fight, let's say, a boss that moves fast, you may center the camera on him while you dodge his attacks just to see it move away, pointing to you. It doesn't care if you need to know where your deadly enemy is, why would you? Dark Souls has been out for so much time one would hope people learned how to do a decent third person action game. LEVEL DESIGN The level design is plain. Just plain. Follow the road, don't explore too much (or we will put an invisible wall, just to remind 2014 is here but nothing changed, mofo), just go straight ahead. Really nothing to say here. CUTSCENES When you realize how many cutscenes there are just in the first hour of game you'll this game plays itself. That's the pattern: go ahead, kill a couple of minions, now kill a bigger one, CUTSCENE, walk 20 meters, CUTSCENE, ninjarun 40 meters, hit a guy, CUTSCENE. It's worse than the other Metal Gear games. Kojima, write a movie already! THIS GAME PLAYS ITSELF Under 3 combat buttons - check! "Press me to do everything while chasing enemies" button - check! Refill life when killing even stupid minion - check! And just when you think it can't get worse, someone over your codec goes "Yo Raiden, did you know you can SCAN THE AREA AND KNOW WHERE ENEMIES ARE, EVEN BEHIND WALLS? AND DID YOU KNOW THAT SCAN REVEALS WHAT YOU CAN CUT?" and just surprises you. The game just stopped being a game and started being a... don't know. I don't really know. IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD? The graphics are great, sounds are great as well. CONCLUSION DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I bought it because I wanted to let Kojima & Co. know there is a market for pc games, and because I'm a Metal Gear **** But if I could travel back in time, instead of killing Hitler or warn my young self about that motorbike accident that would shatter my arm I would slap myself every time I was thinking about buying it. Seriously guys, go do drugs instead, it's a more intelligent choice. Expand
  7. Jan 12, 2014
    I will give the game a 2 because the graphics are very good, as far as having anything to do with metal gear as I recall it , it surely doesnt. This game is nothing more than devil may cry right down to the backstreet boy looking character with cyborgs instead of demons, just another linear run through hack and slash pos, at least DMC had way cooler upgrades and skills. There is no stealth play at all, you are in approx 2025 ad running about with a sword hack and slashing cyborgs, lol downright pathetic and a slap in the face to the name metal gear, in short if you like games like devil may cry (not that it was a bad game itself) you may like this game, if you are a fan of the metal gear series and the stealth killing, planning, and having to think to play a game, look elsewhere this is not that game anymore, dumbed down to the core. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2014
    A slow paced gameplay for a Beat-Them-All, not a buy.

I felt while playing that the developper were unhappy to kill MGS style, and where going to give player what they actually enjoy in a game that is not what they were use to. I played on Pc with an Xbox controller, and had actually issue with it right at the start, This game has been port but not intended to feel like a beat them all
    to met.

Fighting has actually been the first issue, you are not playing an agile character, so you need to be sure of what you intend to do in any situation because there's not much movement option you can use to move your ass out of a bad situation.

Camera has been the second one, the camera is actually too close of your character which will make you loose him in close space and make you unable to look around you when you switch to blade mode. Obligation for you to use target mode to set this to a better level.

To complete, this game has some nice feature and some great idea had been re-use from MGS but the gameplay really put this game way down in my list of favorite beat-them-all, Even if the game is affordable, really feel like a bad one.... Can't exit while on Title Screen... Really !?
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    Not only does this game go up to just 1080p as I've heard, it's not real 1080p, it's up-scaled 720p, so if you're expecting that you could max out the game just like any PC game, you will not. 1080p looks choppy because it is stretched 720p to fit a 1920x1080 resolution, and you will have two big black bars at the bottom and on to the right of your screen, the image does not cover the whole monitor, because it is console 1080p meant for TVs not the full 1920x1080 pixels for a computer monitor!!!! Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    This game would have been a whole lot better if there was a better blocking system.
    All you can do is parry and even then its pretty hard when you have heaps of enemies attacking you at the same time. Due to this, you are forced to run away and kite them 70% of the time which to me, kills the momentum and self satisfaction of a relentless combo. This also makes balance an issue as well,
    since it is just way too difficult to take on more than 2 enemies with minimal defense.
    Also I am pretty sure blade mode is broken for pc because at points I saw the sword not doing anything up close.
    Story is decent, dialogue isn't so much.
    I guess I should give this more of a chance, but at this stage I wouldn't say its great, yet not terrible either.
    End rant.
  11. Feb 8, 2014
    BLADE MODE ON THE PC IS BROKEN
    fixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyamefixyourgamefixyourg
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    I have to give this a 2 as there is no strategic mechanic built into this game. Pure luck. I have finsihed Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and I can tell you there is no learning curve in this game. No block, just an absurd parry which doesn't work half the time.

Monsoon is where I gave up FYI.
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    Gosh this plot character design and dialog is so unattractive. Mechanics are okish, but im not impressed.

overall mediocre project. waste of time and resources.
  14. May 18, 2014
    CRAP, This must be a bad joke. A lame arcade with bad control (really bad), bad camera, bad story, bad graphics, repetitive gameplay, bad boss fights (you just have to run around and to hit the boss when he stops attacking you. Sometimes you cant even attack the boss, you just stay there and get beaten because the control is not responsive. The fights suck so bad (and there are only fights 99% of the gameplay, you can not even dodge, counter attack, sometimes you cant even attack, you can parry, which sometimes you can use that to win easy, just parry, parry, parry, win... so lame.), too short, uninspired level design, too many cut scenes. Do not buy this **** buy DMC instead or anything else.

The funniest part, after you chop a boss into 1000 pieces he calls you to tell you some stuff... WTF?!
  15. Mar 1, 2014
    Pretty boring game with a lame story. You basically run around slicing people and thats it. Camera angles are disastrous and you cant lock on to enemies making the fights frustrating specially against bosses and parrying doesn't seem to work either.

1. May 11, 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is great looking, great playing action explosion, and the PC version is the best version. [Feb 2014]
    Raiden reaps what the action filled gameplay sows and if it wasn't for the clunky camera and lackluster plot, there would be nothing to complain about. [Issue #239]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    It might be unpolished, but it still is a gem among slashers, especially on a platform that lacks this kind of game. [03/2014, p.72]