Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC

7.9

1. Jan 9, 2014
    This game was awesome especially for the price. I wont go too far into it but i really enjoyed it. Fun game play, great graphics, and something different than all the other games I've been playing lately. 23 bucks for this gem? I'm all over it.
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The two biggest issues with this game are the QTEs (you come to know me as harboring a fierce hatred for QTEs in general, as they dumb down combat) and the camera. The final boss fight involves a series of QTEs to kill him once and for all, and they absolutely *must* be done within a fraction of a second to do it properly. Even when I pressed Shift to use Blade Mode correctly and on time, the game still punished me as being not quick enough and I lose 25% of my HP. The camera hardly faces the direction you want to, making the fight even more difficult to go through. I could tolerate the level of unfairness in the combat mechanics to a certain degree but the final boss fight was the last straw. The game worked and the story was okay at best, but the QTEs and sloppy camera really put me off. I'd say it's worth checking out if you're a fan of Metal Gear and/or Devil May Cry, but ultimately the issues with this game will piss you off as much as it has done to me (and I was playing on Normal). Otherwise, I recommend skipping it altogether. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2015
    Juego ágil y relativamente sencillo de aprender. Posee varias variantes por ser un hack and slash. Los jefes de lo mejor del juego como en todo MGS aunque carece de los momentos épicos de la historia principal de la saga. Falta modo online.
  4. Feb 14, 2014
    This game would have been a whole lot better if there was a better blocking system.
    All you can do is parry and even then its pretty hard when you have heaps of enemies attacking you at the same time. Due to this, you are forced to run away and kite them 70% of the time which to me, kills the momentum and self satisfaction of a relentless combo. This also makes balance an issue as well, since it is just way too difficult to take on more than 2 enemies with minimal defense.
    Also I am pretty sure blade mode is broken for pc because at points I saw the sword not doing anything up close.
    Story is decent, dialogue isn't so much.
    I guess I should give this more of a chance, but at this stage I wouldn't say its great, yet not terrible either.
    End rant.
  5. Jan 16, 2014
    THIS SUCKS ON SO MANY LEVELS IT HURTS MY FEELINGS[

Forget Metal Gear. I started this game with an open mind, knowing it wasn't the tactical game other MGs are, but I immediately felt a disturbance in the force. Let's begin... PC PORT When the game opened, a window greeted me. "Oh, it must be 1999," I thought, "maybe I opened my SNES emulator!". Then I realized it was my latest
    THIS SUCKS ON SO MANY LEVELS IT HURTS MY FEELINGS[

PC PORT
    Then I realized it was my latest purchase, and I hurried to the customize menu.
    That's when things began to go wrong.
    It doesn't feature the resolution I play with, which is 1920x1200, so I had to play a 1920x1080 windowed. There are indie games that are more flexible than this one.
    In pain and hurt by this, I start the game.

FIRST BLOOD
    After a slow tutorial you learn the game has basically two buttons you must smash to go ahead, plus an "activate for effortless movements" button where you don't have to do **** to go over obstacles and a "stop time and cut sh*t" button that lets you sushi up your enemies.
    I was thinking "This game f-ing plays itself". But I didn't know it got worse.

I started a mission and - behold! - smashing buttons on my controller got the job done.
    I tried to parry, but it was the same key as the hit button. I have a xBox controller: I have 10 keys I can press and you force me to use the same button for hitting and parrying. Nice job! I don't feel like an idiot at all, having to use just a couple of buttons to play the game.

THE F- YOU CAMERA
    The camera earned its own section. You can rotate it BUT IT ALSO FOLLOWS YOU.
    That means that if you are trying to fight, let's say, a boss that moves fast, you may center the camera on him while you dodge his attacks just to see it move away, pointing to you.
    It doesn't care if you need to know where your deadly enemy is, why would you?

Dark Souls has been out for so much time one would hope people learned how to do a decent third person action game.

LEVEL DESIGN
    The level design is plain. Just plain. Follow the road, don't explore too much (or we will put an invisible wall, just to remind 2014 is here but nothing changed, mofo), just go straight ahead.
    Really nothing to say here.

CUTSCENES
    When you realize how many cutscenes there are just in the first hour of game you'll this game plays itself.
    That's the pattern: go ahead, kill a couple of minions, now kill a bigger one, CUTSCENE, walk 20 meters, CUTSCENE, ninjarun 40 meters, hit a guy, CUTSCENE.
    It's worse than the other Metal Gear games. Kojima, write a movie already!

THIS GAME PLAYS ITSELF
    Under 3 combat buttons - check!
    "Press me to do everything while chasing enemies" button - check!
    Refill life when killing even stupid minion - check!

And just when you think it can't get worse, someone over your codec goes "Yo Raiden, did you know you can SCAN THE AREA AND KNOW WHERE ENEMIES ARE, EVEN BEHIND WALLS? AND DID YOU KNOW THAT SCAN REVEALS WHAT YOU CAN CUT?" and just surprises you. The game just stopped being a game and started being a... don't know. I don't really know.

IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD?
    The graphics are great, sounds are great as well.

CONCLUSION
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I bought it because I wanted to let Kojima & Co. know there is a market for pc games, and because I'm a Metal Gear **** But if I could travel back in time, instead of killing Hitler or warn my young self about that motorbike accident that would shatter my arm I would slap myself every time I was thinking about buying it.

Seriously guys, go do drugs instead, it's a more intelligent choice.
  6. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a good pc port. But first, I have to complaint about the **** System Requirement of this game. It is well optimized, and you just need a PC with half of that System Requirement to run this game even on max. Second, the cutscenes are those annoying video clips again, low pixel, colors look like 16bit, I wish they could done this better (Like Resident 5, DMC or Tomb Raider), usingThis is a good pc port. But first, I have to complaint about the **** System Requirement of this game. It is well optimized, and you just need a PC with half of that System Requirement to run this game even on max. Second, the cutscenes are those annoying video clips again, low pixel, colors look like 16bit, I wish they could done this better (Like Resident 5, DMC or Tomb Raider), using the engine graphic cutscene. Third, the Low Res Texture really bug me, worse than the console (hope it will have a HD texture patch). And that is all i can complaint about this port. Now for the good. As I said it's well optimized with fully supported Mouse and Keyboard, hell yeah! The story is good, the cutscenes are very interesting, the gameplay is Amazing and the soundtrack is fantastic. Overall a good port, worth buying. P/s: Your PC will not find any action game like this for many more years. Expand
  7. Jan 12, 2014
    This game has nothing to do with previous "Metal Gear Solid" series, okay? It's "Metal Gear Rising". If you want something different, just stop whining and play something different, don't be a jerk. It's hack and slash ("DmC" like) type of the game. Period.

At first I must say that the port is more than great, it's polished to the very end and it's a real pleasure. Game graphics are more then enough for today standards and looks really fantastic to me (tons of particles and some really cool flashes and etc. effects). Gameplay is mostly fast and accurate, where you can cut things just like in "Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers" game and the whole game based on these cuts, which says about great game design for itself. It also has really great, natural animations as well (motion capture ftw). The story looks pretty simple (super hero saves the world from bad guys), but it also has its moments, like: really-really great unique characters, philosophy things, different mood and some really nice little jokes from time to time. Controls are okay as well, but if you're going to argue because of using keyboard and mouse, you're an idiot. Games like these should be played using gamepads only, where keyboard and mouse just some poor alternative for people who don't own any controllers. Enemies are different, but some of them really overpowered, so it makes hard to defeat them even on "Easy" difficulty (which also has auto-parry system, btw, which is great for people who use keyboard and mouse to play this game). I beat the game on "Hard", including bonus missions and I must say it was more then fair enough. The game also has "Devil May Cry" like score system, where the highest you get is "S" score (at least I couldn't get higher than that). Tons of bonuses awaits you (also some fun eastereggs from developers, I also found some really cool hidden secret places in game where additional enemies awaits you) if you're a that type of player, who digs through all the game to achieve everything, completely. Fighting is simple and pure fun, there's some space for really amazing combos. To players who say there's no any, check "Help" option in game, also buy all upgrades and then try "Mortal Kombat" like moves (back, forward, button; clockwise, button; etc), check firstly, then say ****

Online security system was a bad move, but you must understand that's not the fault of game developers or publishers, it's a fault of hackers and pirates, so stop whining, it has nothing to do with the game itself, kids.

The game is made with a soul and definitely a work of some real professionals. I beat the game on a single breath and now I'm doing that again and probably going to ride it one more time after that, that's how awesome it is. Music is just freaking amazing and fits the game really nice (thank God I bought some really expensive headphones a while ago and can hear it all exactly as it should be heard).

Also I can't believe that this game is so freaking cheap. I think it's a steal.

Played on maxed out settings using:
    LG 27" (60Hz)
    1920x1080
    NVIDIA GTX 660
    Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)

Not a single lag, bug or anything, such a smooth riding here. ("DmC" like) game. Period.
    I think I'm done with my opinion here.

Goodluck, Reapers!

P.S. English language isn't my native.
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Got this game during the sales and it was very cheap. It is good that Kojima and Platinum realized that the PC still is an IMPORTANT and great platform. If they keep up this positive thinking I will buy Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain for PC as well once they release MGS:V for PC. Don't forget that gaming started on Amiga, C64, ZX Spectrum which are all PCs.
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    People complaining about this severing ties with the MGS serious don't understand that this was the point of the game entirely. This is giving a new character a new world to play in and it is not a bad thing. It has some of the best hack and slash gameplay I have seen to date. It feels so amazing to unleash a devastating combo on your enemy and then slow down time to slice them into tinyPeople complaining about this severing ties with the MGS serious don't understand that this was the point of the game entirely. This is giving a new character a new world to play in and it is not a bad thing. It has some of the best hack and slash gameplay I have seen to date. It feels so amazing to unleash a devastating combo on your enemy and then slow down time to slice them into tiny little pieces. I am not joking here, you can cut them up into hundreds of pieces, it is amazing.

The writing is a little cheesy, and there is some sketchy voice acting, but overall this was an AMAZING game. The PC version also has 2 short DLC stories, one where you get to actually play as one of the boss characters. Seeing how they eventually came into play and ended up being on the wrong side. The game is amazing.
  10. Jan 28, 2014
    A slow paced gameplay for a Beat-Them-All, not a buy.

A slow paced gameplay for a Beat-Them-All, not a buy.

I felt while playing that the developper were unhappy to kill MGS style, and where going to give player what they actually enjoy in a game that is not what they were use to. I played on Pc with an Xbox controller, and had actually issue with it right at the start, This game has been port but not intended to feel like a beat them all to met.

Fighting has actually been the first issue, you are not playing an agile character, so you need to be sure of what you intend to do in any situation because there's not much movement option you can use to move your ass out of a bad situation.

Camera has been the second one, the camera is actually too close of your character which will make you loose him in close space and make you unable to look around you when you switch to blade mode. Obligation for you to use target mode to set this to a better level.

To complete, this game has some nice feature and some great idea had been re-use from MGS but the gameplay really put this game way down in my list of favorite beat-them-all, Even if the game is affordable, really feel like a bad one.... Can't exit while on Title Screen... Really !?
  11. Jun 30, 2014
    The worst part of this game is easily the camera. There's no capability to lock on to the enemies and it can be difficult to tell where they are in the heat of combat, especially since a lot of them have abilities which allow them to dash around. I don't know how many times I cursed because I was against a wall and all of a sudden the camera decided to face the wall so I couldn't see whoThe worst part of this game is easily the camera. There's no capability to lock on to the enemies and it can be difficult to tell where they are in the heat of combat, especially since a lot of them have abilities which allow them to dash around. I don't know how many times I cursed because I was against a wall and all of a sudden the camera decided to face the wall so I couldn't see who or what was attacking me. This becomes more important later on as you're expected to block or dodge attacks but you can't see the visual cues.

Boss fights are pretty easy up until the last couple of them. When they start to become more difficult it can be very frustrating. For example, you can get through most of the game while just ignoring the parry mechanic for the most part but one of the later bosses basically requires you to be proficient with it.

There are a lot of times also when you are basically going to take a lot of damage and there's nothing you can do about it. Attacks can line up in such a way that there is no ability to avoid them so you parry a couple of attacks and then eat an attack that can't be parried. And then two more while you're on the ground. And now you're dazed.

The story is okay (but not great) to start, but when it attempts to delve into Jack's past it becomes laughable.

The game's flaws are few, imho, but they are so critical that it really made me dislike it at the end. If you're considering this game, you're better off with God of War, Devil May Cry, or Darksiders.
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is really good. To be honest I didn't think it will be that awesome. The game play is really fun, the graphics are beautiful, there are a lot of boss battles and they are hard and unique in there own way. I think it is worth buying this game!
  13. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game rocks and it is rare to get such games for pc. amazing action , kind of a plot that makes u think but not too mind twisting . But there is one thing i loved the most its the BOSS FIGHTS. they are one of the best i have ever played for a very long time . Every boss is truly memorable. especially
    Mistral for her design and for having the best theme song of the game. and
    Monsoon for being the best over the top boss fight of the game .
    Kudos to the developers for a pc port. hope to see more such ports in the future.
  14. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun and fast paced hack and slash spinoff set in the metal gear solid universe. The zandatsu feature is alot of fun and never gets old no matter how many times you do it. It may lack the story of the other metal gears but its still a hell of alot of fun to play and worth picking up on a sale.
  15. Jan 13, 2014
    terrible writing, boring plot, bad characters, all twitch combat no strategy. The graphics are pretty but this is probably one of the worst games I've played recently.
  16. Jan 12, 2014
    Oh and just a thing, for all you people complaining about the robodog difficulty spike, YOU SUCK LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME FOR **** SAKE. Please excuse that, but don't give it a 0 because you are so horribly bad that you can't even beat an easy boss on easy.
  17. Jan 11, 2014
    Camera automatically steers away from the enemies to show you low-res textures on the wall (even when I manually control camera with my mouse, it still screws me over because returning the camera back onto the enemy takes time in which enemy delivers the blow). Camera has negative acceleration for no reason whatsoever.
    Parrying mechanic completely counter-intuitive. It requires conscious
    Parrying mechanic completely counter-intuitive. It requires conscious effort to wait for attack and then release direction keys, press them again and press attack button to parry, which can't be performed by reflexes and breaks the flow of the game.
    What made me drop this game is difficulty spike at blade wolf and complete lack of checkpoints in that fight on top of that.
    Then, blade mode. Why do I have to use WASD to aim? Well, because with gamepads you can't use right stick and attack at the same time. BUT I'M PLAYING ON PC WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.
    This game screws over so many important details that it negates anything good that there is about it.
  18. Jan 14, 2014
    Great game but a bit short and way better from the newest Devil May Cry which was a big disappointment. i liked the big boss fights and some characters were interesting also the music in the game is great. I hope more Metal Gear games come to PC
  19. Feb 1, 2014
    Have you ever wanted to chop up a giant robot with your sword?

Well, that will have to wait until you've taken its health down to a preset amount. After that you can deliver two or three cuts and the affected body part is destroyed for good. Every other cut after that is more or less for your own sadistic enjoyment. Revengeance is all about wanting to do something outrageous and
    Have you ever wanted to chop up a giant robot with your sword?

Revengeance is all about wanting to do something outrageous and being consistently slapped on the wrist. You can't do great damage until you have blocked, dodged and jumped your way through a preset sequence of attacks from the enemy that will severely hurt you unless you block/dodge/jump. And if you've been a good dog you'll be allowed to engage in the iconic Blade Mode™. For a few seconds.

Of course, that only applies to bosses. Slicing through the lesser enemies is quite easy. Slicing a VIP in two before you have the chance to cut off the Oh So Important Left Hand™ is quite easy too. Can't cut that hand off a corpse, obviously.

Quite an enjoyable grindfest that keeps reminding you that you are merely a cyborg, not an Enemy Cyborg™
  20. Jan 11, 2014
    $30 for a game that was released as a PS3 AAA title? Gimme!
    Yes, finally a Metal Gear title makes it to PC again.
    Okay, so the game reeks of console port, from the rather ugly textures to the simplified level design, but what you're really paying for is the combat. Fun! The plot is pretty immature and the voice acting is not the best, but there is something so charming about these
    $30 for a game that was released as a PS3 AAA title? Gimme!
    Yes, finally a Metal Gear title makes it to PC again.

The plot is pretty immature and the voice acting is not the best, but there is something so charming about these type of Japanese games that they can get away with it.
    Oh, and unlike other games, when you hack and slash, this game really means it! You literally cut your enemies to pieces! In fact, is an integral part of combat. A novel and entertaining game mechanic.

If this game was $60-$70, I would have scored this a 7 or 8, as it is at $30, it is an absolute bargain!
  21. Jan 15, 2014
    Some of the worst controls I have ever used. Camera is all over the place. Overall Physics suck. Feels like it was made by high school students knowledge. Waste of my money.
  22. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is kickass just as it was on the xbox 360, The graphics have there chance to shine on PC hardware finally and it is absolutely amazing, pretty much nothing has changed between this version and the console version except it has a huge graphics boost and 60fps, but my only complaint is that you always have to be online to play it, but that was solved by going to good ol piratebayThis game is kickass just as it was on the xbox 360, The graphics have there chance to shine on PC hardware finally and it is absolutely amazing, pretty much nothing has changed between this version and the console version except it has a huge graphics boost and 60fps, but my only complaint is that you always have to be online to play it, but that was solved by going to good ol piratebay and downloading a crack and viola no internet connection needed.. Konami better not go the way that EA has or i might never buy another game from them if this is the trend they think will solve internet piracy. overall its a great game and i love the metal gear series Expand
  23. Jan 14, 2014
    About the gameplay, the game is unsurprisingly worse than Platinum game's Bayonetta, but it's still one of the best action games of this generation. A bit short (~7 hours), and there's not a lot of room for character personalization. Raiden only has two weapons with full sets of combos, and another two that only have a couple of 1-hit attacks that are not particularly useful. The camera isAbout the gameplay, the game is unsurprisingly worse than Platinum game's Bayonetta, but it's still one of the best action games of this generation. A bit short (~7 hours), and there's not a lot of room for character personalization. Raiden only has two weapons with full sets of combos, and another two that only have a couple of 1-hit attacks that are not particularly useful. The camera is also a bit annoying and difficult to control, which is desperate in an action game, and the "katana mode" is impossible to perform with a keyboard and a mouse. The "normal" difficulty level is ridiculously easy, with the "hard" level being a bit more of a challenge. The "very hard" mode unlocked when finishing the first playtrough, is the one I really enjoyed. Still with all those errors, the sense of playing like a samurai is very well captured.

About the graphics and music, I only have to say that they aren't particularly bright. The story is OK, and the ending does not disappoint, but Raiden is not very well written, and you will find him going from being too superficial, to pedantically deep and very overacted. Other characters of the story, like Sam Rodrigues, are much better handled.

This is a good buy if it is at a reduced price.
  24. Jan 20, 2014
    the MGR series is one of my favorites and this one just puts it at #1. always taking a unique angle on the morality of war and asking us to check ourselves on that front in real life. gameplay and combat is unbelievable, as are the graphics. great game.
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is over the top and amazing. Plot centers on the morality of war, which is in line with the other games in the Metal Gear series, but it is almost pure action throughout, like most of Platinum's games. The DRM issue was a day one bug that has since been fixed, so ignore the crybabies. This game is great at any price, but sub $30 is just too good to pass up.
  26. Jan 21, 2014
    So the game deviates from the MGS gameplay style that we know and love, that said, it's one of the best hack & slash games i've ever played, Raiden is now an exoskeleton ninja that could pick up and fling metal gears around, so does he really need to sneak around? besides the game's been out on consoles for a while, i'm sure all of you had some idea of what the game was before you investedSo the game deviates from the MGS gameplay style that we know and love, that said, it's one of the best hack & slash games i've ever played, Raiden is now an exoskeleton ninja that could pick up and fling metal gears around, so does he really need to sneak around? besides the game's been out on consoles for a while, i'm sure all of you had some idea of what the game was before you invested in to it

They've given us PC players a good well optimised port, we don't get many games like this, so quit complaining and enjoy the game, or would you rather not have it released at all?
  27. Jan 15, 2014
    Anyone who likes fast paced over the top action shouldn't miss out on this game.
    Gameplay: really smooth and lot of fun, 10/10
    Graphics: MGR is a really pretty game, 9/10
    Sound: the music is fantastic and makes the fights about 300% more awesome, 10/10
    Plot: I haven't finished the game yet, but so far it's not that bad
  28. Jan 15, 2014
    Para os usuários de PC que possuem poucas ofertas de jogos no estilo Hack 'n Slash está aí um ótimo título. O jogo é muito bom, com uma jogabilidade excelente. Nada de muito complicado. Uma boa variedade de ataques e combos. Os combates são muito bons, com uma variedade boa de inimigos com táticas diferentes para derrotar cada um.

Os gráficos do jogo são bons, ainda mais se levado em

Os gráficos do jogo são bons, ainda mais se levado em consideração que o jogo foi feito para console e daí lançado no PC (geralmente quando isso ocorre os gráficos não ficam bons no PC). No meu caso não houve quedas bruscas de FPS, rodando a 60 FPS na resolução em Full HD (1080p) e com a configuração no máximo. Os filtros presentes no jogo são bons, com um bom antialising, a filtragem de textura deixa o jogo ainda mais bonito e com boas sombras durante o jogo.

A história do jogo também é interessante, confesso que não muito empolgante, mas inda sim boa. A história ocorre de forma linear, e à medida que avançamos na histórias novos elementos vão aparecendo explicando um pouco das coisas.

No entanto o jogo não é tudo maravilha, e umas das coisas que mais atrapalha são os combates, na verdade a frequência dos combates, que chega a enjoar um pouco.

Por fim, levando em consideração o preço do jogo, é um ótimo custo benefício. Vale a pena ter esse jogo e recomendo ele para os usuários de PC.
  29. Jan 15, 2014
    This is a big event for PC since both Konami and Platinum have never released a PC port to any of their games so far. Of course, since they design console games, playing this game with a controller is a must to get the full experience the developers wanted us to have. But it is still amazing that we can have this console experience without having to buy a console. If less people complainThis is a big event for PC since both Konami and Platinum have never released a PC port to any of their games so far. Of course, since they design console games, playing this game with a controller is a must to get the full experience the developers wanted us to have. But it is still amazing that we can have this console experience without having to buy a console. If less people complain and see how awesome this is, then we could get more PC ports in the future, like Metal Gear Solid V.

Anyways, about the game itself, the combat is great. My favourite aspect is the balance of making you feel challeneged while also making you feel powerful. I would compare this a lot to the Batman games where you are given a set of basic maneuvers (more unlock with XP) which the player learns to master as the game continues while always upping the challenge. Replaying earlier levels after finishing the game makes you feel unstoppable. You never feel frustrated (aside from maybe the final boss battle) since you know you have the tools to defeat whatever obstacle comes your way.

The combat is fluid, fast, smooth and tight. I have never experienced anything like this on PC and I really hope this is the start to more console exclusives coming our way. The pacing is also great. Everytime you feel actions are repetitive, a new enemy typ comes along, or better yet, you are treated to a boss fight. And these are METAL GEAR Boss Fights, so get ready for some epic stuff. The bosses remind me a bit of the ones in MGS 3 where they all have a particular ability and are a clan with a past that is never fully adressed, standing in your way one by one to stop you.

Another aspect I like is that the game still retains it's Metal Gear charms, like the sound the codec makes, the radar and the alert system which functions like the other metal gear games, giving you the option to be stealthy on several occasions. You probably wont be becuase this is an action game where any enemy presented to you can be stopped (though you are told to run and avoid enemies a few times) but if you so choose to, you can play this game in stealth. Awesome stealth kill options are given to you too and I would recomend trying this style a few times just for fun and to see the extra work that was put into the game.

For the cons, the camera does get in the way on several occasions. The story and how it relates to the metal gear lore is not great either. Also, there seem to be a few glitches here and there and the prompts during the final boss fight are downright unfair (unless it's another bug).

In conclusion, this is a great achievement for PC gaming, making the gap between the console experience that much smaller. As long as you accept the fact that this was a console game and thus requires a controller, you will have a bunch of fun. Easily the best hack and slash action game on PC.
  30. Jan 17, 2014
    Very, very, very over-the top action game. The boss battles are great, chopping cyborgs into tiny pieces is addicting, and there's a definite sense of achievement after challenging bosses like the final one. Story-wise, there isn't much, but what's there is good. The voice acting could be better in some places, but the combat is so much fun you ignore it. My only real complaint is that theVery, very, very over-the top action game. The boss battles are great, chopping cyborgs into tiny pieces is addicting, and there's a definite sense of achievement after challenging bosses like the final one. Story-wise, there isn't much, but what's there is good. The voice acting could be better in some places, but the combat is so much fun you ignore it. My only real complaint is that the campaign is so short (totaling at roughly seven missions, counting one that is merely a short boss fight), but you can replay chapters of your choice to unlock all of the swords and abilities and etc. But if you are a fan of outlandishly amazing boss battles (throwing giant robots across cities and jumping across missiles to chop them in half) or any video game with fun swordplay, this is definitely worth it. Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is great looking, great playing action explosion, and the PC version is the best version. [Feb 2014]
    Raiden reaps what the action filled gameplay sows and if it wasn't for the clunky camera and lackluster plot, there would be nothing to complain about. [Issue #239]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    It might be unpolished, but it still is a gem among slashers, especially on a platform that lacks this kind of game. [03/2014, p.72]