7.9

1. Jan 20, 2014
    the MGR series is one of my favorites and this one just puts it at #1. always taking a unique angle on the morality of war and asking us to check ourselves on that front in real life. gameplay and combat is unbelievable, as are the graphics. great game.
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is over the top and amazing. Plot centers on the morality of war, which is in line with the other games in the Metal Gear series, but it is almost pure action throughout, like most of Platinum's games. The DRM issue was a day one bug that has since been fixed, so ignore the crybabies. This game is great at any price, but sub $30 is just too good to pass up.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    People complaining about this severing ties with the MGS serious don't understand that this was the point of the game entirely. This is giving a new character a new world to play in and it is not a bad thing. It has some of the best hack and slash gameplay I have seen to date. It feels so amazing to unleash a devastating combo on your enemy and then slow down time to slice them into tiny little pieces. I am not joking here, you can cut them up into hundreds of pieces, it is amazing.

The writing is a little cheesy, and there is some sketchy voice acting, but overall this was an AMAZING game. The PC version also has 2 short DLC stories, one where you get to actually play as one of the boss characters. Seeing how they eventually came into play and ended up being on the wrong side. The game is amazing.
  4. Jan 10, 2014
    Got this game during the sales and it was very cheap. It is good that Kojima and Platinum realized that the PC still is an IMPORTANT and great platform. If they keep up this positive thinking I will buy Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain for PC as well once they release MGS:V for PC. Don't forget that gaming started on Amiga, C64, ZX Spectrum which are all PCs.
  5. Jan 10, 2014
    One of the best games relased in years. You need to play this or you have failed in life, the graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is soooooo very good This is the best spectacle fighter ever relased **** all over stuff like DMC and Darksiders.
  6. Mar 4, 2014
    Amazing graphics, tight controls and the full game with all content for a great price on the PC. The fun and action don't relent during this amazing game. There are tons of unlocks that will have you playing the game more than once, especially since all your upgrades carry over. A very fun game that never seems to get boring, and a welcome addiction to the Metal Gear franchise. I look forward to hopefully a spin off series for Revengeance, because the formula they have is a great thing going and only left me wanting more. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2014
    The PC port is one of the best I've seen, with fully customizable zangeki options and amazing graphics. The only thing that bothered me was the camera which is sometimes pulled in too close to Raiden.
  8. Jan 31, 2014
    It was better than expected. Loved playing ninja robot. Now hoping that future series will also debut on pc also or even the old ones. Game length is bit short though.
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    This game has nothing to do with previous "Metal Gear Solid" series, okay? It's "Metal Gear Rising". If you want something different, just stop whining and play something different, don't be a jerk. It's hack and slash ("DmC" like) type of the game. Period.

At first I must say that the port is more than great, it's polished to the very end and it's a real pleasure. Game graphics are
    more then enough for today standards and looks really fantastic to me (tons of particles and some really cool flashes and etc. effects). Gameplay is mostly fast and accurate, where you can cut things just like in "Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers" game and the whole game based on these cuts, which says about great game design for itself. It also has really great, natural animations as well (motion capture ftw). The story looks pretty simple (super hero saves the world from bad guys), but it also has its moments, like: really-really great unique characters, philosophy things, different mood and some really nice little jokes from time to time. Controls are okay as well, but if you're going to argue because of using keyboard and mouse, you're an idiot. Games like these should be played using gamepads only, where keyboard and mouse just some poor alternative for people who don't own any controllers. Enemies are different, but some of them really overpowered, so it makes hard to defeat them even on "Easy" difficulty (which also has auto-parry system, btw, which is great for people who use keyboard and mouse to play this game). I beat the game on "Hard", including bonus missions and I must say it was more then fair enough. The game also has "Devil May Cry" like score system, where the highest you get is "S" score (at least I couldn't get higher than that). Tons of bonuses awaits you (also some fun eastereggs from developers, I also found some really cool hidden secret places in game where additional enemies awaits you) if you're a that type of player, who digs through all the game to achieve everything, completely. Fighting is simple and pure fun, there's some space for really amazing combos. To players who say there's no any, check "Help" option in game, also buy all upgrades and then try "Mortal Kombat" like moves (back, forward, button; clockwise, button; etc), check firstly, then say ****

Online security system was a bad move, but you must understand that's not the fault of game developers or publishers, it's a fault of hackers and pirates, so stop whining, it has nothing to do with the game itself, kids.

The game is made with a soul and definitely a work of some real professionals. I beat the game on a single breath and now I'm doing that again and probably going to ride it one more time after that, that's how awesome it is. Music is just freaking amazing and fits the game really nice (thank God I bought some really expensive headphones a while ago and can hear it all exactly as it should be heard).

Also I can't believe that this game is so freaking cheap. I think it's a steal.

Played on maxed out settings using:
    LG 27" (60Hz)
    1920x1080
    NVIDIA GTX 660
    Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)

Not a single lag, bug or anything, such a smooth riding here. ("DmC" like) game. Period.
    I think I'm done with my opinion here.

Goodluck, Reapers!

P.S. English language isn't my native.
  10. Jan 19, 2014
    + Bosses and Their Philosophy (For me this is are Minstral and Sundowner )
    +Blade Mode
    -.....
    -....
    - 6 Hour in easy ?
  11. Jan 14, 2014
    wow this game is amazing..the best hack n slash game of 2014 till now...super fast pace action,amazing boss fights and our fav raiden..i never hoped that platinum games can churn out such a good pc port of this game..it runs smooth on my pc keeping everything on ultra..great job PG
  12. Jan 15, 2014
    Anyone who likes fast paced over the top action shouldn't miss out on this game.
    Gameplay: really smooth and lot of fun, 10/10
    Graphics: MGR is a really pretty game, 9/10
    Sound: the music is fantastic and makes the fights about 300% more awesome, 10/10
    Plot: I haven't finished the game yet, but so far it's not that bad
  13. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is kickass just as it was on the xbox 360, The graphics have there chance to shine on PC hardware finally and it is absolutely amazing, pretty much nothing has changed between this version and the console version except it has a huge graphics boost and 60fps, but my only complaint is that you always have to be online to play it, but that was solved by going to good ol piratebay and downloading a crack and viola no internet connection needed.. Konami better not go the way that EA has or i might never buy another game from them if this is the trend they think will solve internet piracy. overall its a great game and i love the metal gear series Expand
  14. Jan 14, 2014
    Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!
    Excelent GAme!!!
    Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!
  15. Jan 17, 2014
    I loved it, this is such a well created hack'n slash game that i can't even describe how impressed i am of it. Well done Platinum Games!

Now, i am just waiting for the Solid series to come on the PC platform as well, Kojima.. i'm waiting.
  16. Jan 17, 2014
    Very, very, very over-the top action game. The boss battles are great, chopping cyborgs into tiny pieces is addicting, and there's a definite sense of achievement after challenging bosses like the final one. Story-wise, there isn't much, but what's there is good. The voice acting could be better in some places, but the combat is so much fun you ignore it. My only real complaint is that the campaign is so short (totaling at roughly seven missions, counting one that is merely a short boss fight), but you can replay chapters of your choice to unlock all of the swords and abilities and etc. But if you are a fan of outlandishly amazing boss battles (throwing giant robots across cities and jumping across missiles to chop them in half) or any video game with fun swordplay, this is definitely worth it. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    This game was awesome especially for the price. I wont go too far into it but i really enjoyed it. Fun game play, great graphics, and something different than all the other games I've been playing lately. 23 bucks for this gem? I'm all over it.
  18. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game rocks and it is rare to get such games for pc. amazing action , kind of a plot that makes u think but not too mind twisting . But there is one thing i loved the most its the BOSS FIGHTS. they are one of the best i have ever played for a very long time . Every boss is truly memorable. especially
    Mistral for her design and for having the best theme song of the game. and
    Monsoon for being the best over the top boss fight of the game .
    Kudos to the developers for a pc port. hope to see more such ports in the future.
  19. Jan 24, 2014
    Despite some camera issues this game is a perfect choice for hack'n'slash fans. Graphics are surprisingly good for a console port, and soundtrack is just awesome. If you wanna feel yourself as a hi-tech ninja with sharp blade, dismembering enemies and environment, Metal Gear Rising is your type of game.
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    +great port, no lag issues with older PC
    +nice enhanced graphics
    +Kojima´s story
    +METAL GEAR
    +great music (tough guy feelings)
    +so much fun to play
    +cutting/cutting/cutting !
  21. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is impossible to beat,the final boss is so cheap and requires inhuman reflexes.the parry system sucks and the controls are unresponsive.Without doubt one of the worst games ever created.
  22. May 2, 2014
    This game is not the metal gear stealth action title you are looking for.
    it IS however, the metal gear action stealth title you're looking for.
    Metal gear rising (i'm not typing out that full name) is an inverse metal gear formula that focuses on an explosion of hardcore action that feels like a pleasing blend of devil may cry and- oh who am I kidding, IT'S JUST FUN TO PLAY!
    this
    game's greatest strength is that it revels in being this just for fun over the top hack n slash that is the trademark of platinum. you play as raiden, and you get to do things that, quite frankly, raiden has been seen going in metal gear solid 4 a lot of the time.
    if you were expecting cameos by solid snake or references to the events of past metal gear titles, i laugh at you, I laugh at you and hold my belly whilst I do so.
    the game likes to detach itself from the canon, to keep its plot seperate but connected, there are a total of one references to solid snake, none of big boss and sunny is only there because she and raiden have a history, and she's only there for a few moments before you're flying off in a superjet with a robot dog.
    i'm not even making that up.
    this game likes to make the ludicrous seem possible, or even plausible, from a cyborg brazilian samurai with a glowing red sword and a flawless trollface grin, to an indestructible US senator who spawned an internet meme with a single line before kicking your cyborg ninja character around like a football while making football league remarks, this is a game that doesn't **** around with the ridiculous-meter. but as I said, it's a blast to play, from explosions framing you in the background after many boss fights, to insane waves of enemies being chopped down in a single cut, the game's strength is its presentation and addictive "zandatsu" system, which involves you cutting enemies apart in exactly the way you direct the blade, which of course most processors have nightmares about.
    the plot is good, featuring a trial of raiden's own honor code, which is then dropped mid-game for the sake of going **** crazy and just rescuing children because that was the objective the entire time, who needs honor?
    despite this pitfall, the game is clearly a metal gear game, it feels like what metal gear would be like if it were simply an action title, it IS metal gear.
    the combat is also surprisingly deep, various I-frames or parrying frames changing between difficulty as well as a few notable adjustments to AI the harder the settings. these small details within the game speak of a well designed title that is worthy of the metal gear name.
    so if you like having a blast slashing apart hapless cyborgs for their electrical intestines, then this is the game for you you unrepentant psychopath! =)
    May 6, 2014
    The best slasher game ever. And it's the only game where you actually have a blade. In DmC and alike your "sword" doesn't really cut anyone, replaced with a pikestaff you'd hardly notice a difference. It's no perfect game: controls and camera could be better, level design could be a bit more sophisticated, if your game pad isn't xbox360 controller then probably you'll have to download an emulator. All those minor flaws are totally outweighed by spectacular boss fights (feels like being in control of some epic anime sword fight), deep combat system, decent story line, dynamic soundtrack, all the DLCs and low price. Expand
  24. May 12, 2014
    The soundtrack, game play, boss fights, combat system this game takes hack n' slash to a whole new level and the main character is a lot more interesting than in other games. This game needs a sequel and it has to be soon!
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    Great game but a bit short and way better from the newest Devil May Cry which was a big disappointment. i liked the big boss fights and some characters were interesting also the music in the game is great. I hope more Metal Gear games come to PC
  26. Jan 21, 2014
    So the game deviates from the MGS gameplay style that we know and love, that said, it's one of the best hack & slash games i've ever played, Raiden is now an exoskeleton ninja that could pick up and fling metal gears around, so does he really need to sneak around? besides the game's been out on consoles for a while, i'm sure all of you had some idea of what the game was before you invested in to it

They've given us PC players a good well optimised port, we don't get many games like this, so quit complaining and enjoy the game, or would you rather not have it released at all?
  27. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is like Pacific Rim! Cheesy story and ridiculously over the top battles. Thats what i loved about Pacific Rim and that is exactly why i love this game. If you overlook some bad voice acting and dialogue you will get a challenging, adrenaline rushing game with awesome blade cutting mechanics.
    (Oh boy and how i sliced a boss personaly with the thumbstick when i finally made my
    finishing move after i died SEVERAL times)
    And its just 20€ here in europe. So far "RULES OF NATURE"
  28. Jul 3, 2014
    This is simply a great game.

Difficult is just right. Your skills and gadgets are far from overpowered to make things boring. The combinations of different enemies and almost non-repeated environments also keep things quite fresh.

The blade mode is sooo good. I thought I would get numb to that within a few tries, but turned out it has so many other factors and additions (spam-cutting
    is often not the best scenario in terms of outcome) that keep it interesting, not to mention the raw psychological pleasure of grinding your enemies into pieces. Kill mode/ killing cut scenes are also creative and just plain cool.

Every boss fight is memorable. Not only did the dev think up so many different moves for each boss, but they just nailed the brief interactions between Raiden and each boss so precisely (with great lines and main character development) that evoked different emotions when fighting different boss. It tries to do the "you're not just battling, but battling with ideas" thing which is dangerous since it's beaten to death. But they still managed to pull off new and interesting ideas in the process, of which I think proudly upheld the great track record of the MGS series.

In addition, it contains a lot of Japanese elements (environments/ character persona/ humor) which sneak in as a pleasant break from the hack and slash.

Cons: Camera is sometimes bad, but not too much of a problem. The unnaturalness of blade mode lining is worse in comparison, on top of some spooky interactions between the character and terrain.
  29. Jan 11, 2014
    $30 for a game that was released as a PS3 AAA title? Gimme!
    Yes, finally a Metal Gear title makes it to PC again.

Okay, so the game reeks of console port, from the rather ugly textures to the simplified level design, but what you're really paying for is the combat. Fun!
    The plot is pretty immature and the voice acting is not the best, but there is something so charming about these
    type of Japanese games that they can get away with it.
    Oh, and unlike other games, when you hack and slash, this game really means it! You literally cut your enemies to pieces! In fact, is an integral part of combat. A novel and entertaining game mechanic.

If this game was $60-$70, I would have scored this a 7 or 8, as it is at $30, it is an absolute bargain!
  30. Jul 19, 2014
    When you're mashing away at a boss with all your might while one of the best soundtracks ever is blasting in the background...you just feel it. This game is super hype.
  31. Mar 1, 2014
    Let me get this out of the way first:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is awesome, and well worth 30 bucks.

GAMEPLAY: The gameplay in MGR:R is fast-paced and highly-satisfying. The first time you cut a guy in half, your jaw will drop. Then, you'll do it a hundred more times and not be tired of it. Part of the reason for this is because of a mechanic called "blade mode" in which you can
    slice and dice in any direction you see fit. For example, you can cut someone in half at the waist and watch their upper body slide off their lower body while their legs remain standing -- it's very reminiscent of something you might see in a Kill Bill movie or an anime.

Part of the appeal of this game is because of blade mode and the fact that enemies rarely die in the same way twice. Want to cut someone's right foot off? Go for it. Decapitation? Done. Or maybe you just want to cut off their right arm so they can't hold their gun anymore, that's fine too. As you can see, there is a lot of room for "creative killing" and it really increases the replay value of the game.

There is a lot of variety in enemy and level design and this keeps things fresh. While there are a fair bit of "quicktime event" prompts, they're not too obtrusive. In reality, these quicktime events usually involve some of the most mind-blowing moments that happen throughout the game.

GRAPHICS: Beautiful. I have no complaints here and not much to say except that they're awesome.

SOUND: The sound effects are fitting and the music helps you get into the action. If anything, I wasn't too crazy about the vocal tracks in most of the songs, but I tended to kind of phase it out after awhile and didn't notice it much.

CONTROLS: This is one area in which I have a complaint. There is some kind of negative mouse acceleration going on which can't be disabled, and it's a little annoying. Basically, it means that small, slow mouse movements don't register and this sometimes caused me to die (mainly near the end of the game when precision was required). That said, it's not THAT noticeable, and while it could certainly be better, I feel that it doesn't detract too much from the experience as a whole.

REPLAY VALUE: High. There are a ton of unlockables and things to get from playing again on higher difficulties and accomplishing certain tasks. Plus, you get scored at the end of each chapter and some people might appreciate trying to beat their previous score in a level.

STORY: It doesn't really "continue" the Metal Gear Solid storyline in any real way, but, instead, branches off on a different path to show what Raiden did after MGS4: Sons of the Patriots. In traditional MGS fasion, the story is told through several cutscenes, some of which are rather lengthy. In fact, the cutscenes of MGR:R are one of the most impressive aspects of this game to me. I was blown away by the animation, the voice acting, etc. The cutscenes seem to be mostly (or entirely) done in the in-game engine and are a joy to watch.

CONCLUSION: Overall, this is simply an awesome game which I feel has gone mostly overlooked by the gaming population. It drips with AAA quality and is fun to play -- what more do you want?
  32. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is really good. To be honest I didn't think it will be that awesome. The game play is really fun, the graphics are beautiful, there are a lot of boss battles and they are hard and unique in there own way. I think it is worth buying this game!
  33. Feb 17, 2014
    It is a great port. Great graphics, Excellent Gameplay, Story wise, not too bad. I hope this will not be the last, hope Kojima will keep porting Metal Gear series on PC.
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is awesome, I don't get why some people are saying it is bad. You wont find a game like this, ever! I give a 9 because it is really short, but the gameplay is unique. Some people don't like Raiden, but I don't find it important. I liked metal gear II with Raiden´s episode too. If you played Metal Gear 4 and thought: "I want to play like Raiden", then this is that game. Incredible moves and full of action. Expand
  35. Jul 22, 2014
    I had never heard of Platinum Games before this game was changed from MGS Rising into MGR Revengeance. I was so sad that MGS Rising got **** because it looked so cool. More action oriented stealth where you play as a cyborg ninja character! Thankfully Revengeance turned out to be an awesome game in its own right. Platinum payed a tribute to MGS with how faithful this game was to the style and feel of MGS and threw in a little (a lot actually) of their own over-the-top flair. I wondered going into the game who the boss could possibly be and how could he possibly be stronger than 4 super cool evil cyborg ninjas? How? NANOMACHINES SON! Sorry I had to say it. Anyway this game also had really great music that fit the game perfectly, and Raiden's transformation from whiny self-pitying loser in MGS4 who seriously says "it even rained on the day I was born" LOL (I still liked MGS4 Raiden) into a psycho cyborg killing obsessed maniac is great. I only hope that Raiden returns one day to slay new hopefully even cooler evil cyborgs and nanomachined up war mongers. Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2014
    While short, this game accomplishes everything it seeks to do, and perfects it. Flawless gameplay, unique and fitting soundtrack, and a wacky yet interesting story make MGR a great grab for anyone looking for a short, but satisfying experience of cutting everything up.
  37. Jan 14, 2014
    About the gameplay, the game is unsurprisingly worse than Platinum game's Bayonetta, but it's still one of the best action games of this generation. A bit short (~7 hours), and there's not a lot of room for character personalization. Raiden only has two weapons with full sets of combos, and another two that only have a couple of 1-hit attacks that are not particularly useful. The camera is also a bit annoying and difficult to control, which is desperate in an action game, and the "katana mode" is impossible to perform with a keyboard and a mouse. The "normal" difficulty level is ridiculously easy, with the "hard" level being a bit more of a challenge. The "very hard" mode unlocked when finishing the first playtrough, is the one I really enjoyed. Still with all those errors, the sense of playing like a samurai is very well captured.

About the graphics and music, I only have to say that they aren't particularly bright. The story is OK, and the ending does not disappoint, but Raiden is not very well written, and you will find him going from being too superficial, to pedantically deep and very overacted. Other characters of the story, like Sam Rodrigues, are much better handled.

This is a good buy if it is at a reduced price.
  38. Jan 19, 2014
    I have never played a Metal Gear game in my life until now but I heard good things about this game from my friend who had played it so I decided to pick it up and after playing through it I feel that I have formulated a sound opinion. Let me just start by saying that the game is incredibly gory so if that's a deal breaker for you then don't bother. However if you can get past the violence than this can be a fun game for you. Graphically it's amazing the characters are all rendered well, the environments all look nice, and there is so much chaos and destruction that there will be bits and pieces of just about everything from enemies, to missiles, to vehicle parts flying all over the place. The game play has some issues though, to me the game felt like a beat 'em up so while chopping enemies to bits is fun it can get a little repetitive. There are some stealth elements to mix things up a bit, but there are several sections where I feel it's impossible to get through without being detected on your first try. There's a very strict learning curve throughout this game, you will have to think on the spot and master skills as quickly as you possibly can and there is little room for error. While this offers some challenge, I can safely say that this game is not nice to beginners. Not to mention the difficulty is all over the place I was killed three times by one by only to defeat the boss that came after it in one try. The soundtrack is full of kick ass hard rock and it greatly compliments all the action on screen, especially when fighting a boss. Finally, I like is the story, amidst all the hacking and slashing, there is a story that brings up many different perspectives on war philosophy and ethics in this case it's mainly centered around the subject of child soldiers. It's something that really makes you think long after you put down your controller. I like it when games do this because I think it really enhances your experience, it makes you feel like your actions have weight behind them. Just to clarify, I think this is a good game and if you want to buy it for yourself then go ahead, just be prepared for what lies ahead of you when you do. Expand
  39. Feb 7, 2014
    i have been and still a big fan of the metal gear solid games , and i loved Rising a lot although it doesn't have the same gameplay or style as MGS , here it is hack'n'slash fast paced game unlike the stealthy ones , and it is fun as ever with the expected bad ass cutscenes , and the best most enjoyable thing in this game are the boss fights as usual from the MGS series specially the last boss as he reminded me of one of mya favorite anime character "greed" from full metal alchemist Expand
  40. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a good pc port. But first, I have to complaint about the **** System Requirement of this game. It is well optimized, and you just need a PC with half of that System Requirement to run this game even on max. Second, the cutscenes are those annoying video clips again, low pixel, colors look like 16bit, I wish they could done this better (Like Resident 5, DMC or Tomb Raider), using the engine graphic cutscene. Third, the Low Res Texture really bug me, worse than the console (hope it will have a HD texture patch). And that is all i can complaint about this port. Now for the good. As I said it's well optimized with fully supported Mouse and Keyboard, hell yeah! The story is good, the cutscenes are very interesting, the gameplay is Amazing and the soundtrack is fantastic. Overall a good port, worth buying. P/s: Your PC will not find any action game like this for many more years. Expand
  41. May 8, 2014
    Excellent game. Visuals are amazing. The audio is great, I especially loved the music. The story's not bad, but the game play is the main selling point. I actually loathe the MGS franchise, however after seeing this game's footage I had to play it. It's incredibly fun, by far the best thing about the game. My only complaints is that it's a very short game and the pacing of it is all off.
  42. Jan 17, 2014
    An over-the-top hack and slash game that makes a name for itself in the ever loving Metal Gear franchise. What Metal Gear Rising does is simple, "clean" fun. The combat never gets dull and there are notable challenges in the game. Outside of the campaign, the various difficulty modes, and the VR missions, I wish there was a bit more.

As far as a PC port goes, especially for an action
    game PC port, MGR is really well-made. Visuals are good, it's smooth, the controls are slick, and doesn't demand much of anything. I recommend this game for anyone who wants to start off in the hack n' slash, beat 'em up, action genre. But if you want to get into the Metal Gear series, I recommend starting off with the original Metal Gear Solid series. Expand
  43. Jan 15, 2014
    Para os usuários de PC que possuem poucas ofertas de jogos no estilo Hack 'n Slash está aí um ótimo título. O jogo é muito bom, com uma jogabilidade excelente. Nada de muito complicado. Uma boa variedade de ataques e combos. Os combates são muito bons, com uma variedade boa de inimigos com táticas diferentes para derrotar cada um.

Os gráficos do jogo são bons, ainda mais se levado em
    consideração que o jogo foi feito para console e daí lançado no PC (geralmente quando isso ocorre os gráficos não ficam bons no PC). No meu caso não houve quedas bruscas de FPS, rodando a 60 FPS na resolução em Full HD (1080p) e com a configuração no máximo. Os filtros presentes no jogo são bons, com um bom antialising, a filtragem de textura deixa o jogo ainda mais bonito e com boas sombras durante o jogo.

A história do jogo também é interessante, confesso que não muito empolgante, mas inda sim boa. A história ocorre de forma linear, e à medida que avançamos na histórias novos elementos vão aparecendo explicando um pouco das coisas.

No entanto o jogo não é tudo maravilha, e umas das coisas que mais atrapalha são os combates, na verdade a frequência dos combates, que chega a enjoar um pouco.

Por fim, levando em consideração o preço do jogo, é um ótimo custo benefício. Vale a pena ter esse jogo e recomendo ele para os usuários de PC.
  44. Jan 15, 2014
    This is a big event for PC since both Konami and Platinum have never released a PC port to any of their games so far. Of course, since they design console games, playing this game with a controller is a must to get the full experience the developers wanted us to have. But it is still amazing that we can have this console experience without having to buy a console. If less people complain and see how awesome this is, then we could get more PC ports in the future, like Metal Gear Solid V.

Anyways, about the game itself, the combat is great. My favourite aspect is the balance of making you feel challeneged while also making you feel powerful. I would compare this a lot to the Batman games where you are given a set of basic maneuvers (more unlock with XP) which the player learns to master as the game continues while always upping the challenge. Replaying earlier levels after finishing the game makes you feel unstoppable. You never feel frustrated (aside from maybe the final boss battle) since you know you have the tools to defeat whatever obstacle comes your way.

The combat is fluid, fast, smooth and tight. I have never experienced anything like this on PC and I really hope this is the start to more console exclusives coming our way. The pacing is also great. Everytime you feel actions are repetitive, a new enemy typ comes along, or better yet, you are treated to a boss fight. And these are METAL GEAR Boss Fights, so get ready for some epic stuff. The bosses remind me a bit of the ones in MGS 3 where they all have a particular ability and are a clan with a past that is never fully adressed, standing in your way one by one to stop you.

Another aspect I like is that the game still retains it's Metal Gear charms, like the sound the codec makes, the radar and the alert system which functions like the other metal gear games, giving you the option to be stealthy on several occasions. You probably wont be becuase this is an action game where any enemy presented to you can be stopped (though you are told to run and avoid enemies a few times) but if you so choose to, you can play this game in stealth. Awesome stealth kill options are given to you too and I would recomend trying this style a few times just for fun and to see the extra work that was put into the game.

For the cons, the camera does get in the way on several occasions. The story and how it relates to the metal gear lore is not great either. Also, there seem to be a few glitches here and there and the prompts during the final boss fight are downright unfair (unless it's another bug).

In conclusion, this is a great achievement for PC gaming, making the gap between the console experience that much smaller. As long as you accept the fact that this was a console game and thus requires a controller, you will have a bunch of fun. Easily the best hack and slash action game on PC.
  45. Mar 30, 2014
    If you enjoy hack and slash type games and would like a game based around Raiden then Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a game you should get. Graphically it's impressive on PC and personally I use a wired Xbox 360 controller so I haven't had any issues with controlling Raiden at all.
  46. Jan 12, 2014
    Oh and just a thing, for all you people complaining about the robodog difficulty spike, YOU SUCK LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME FOR **** SAKE. Please excuse that, but don't give it a 0 because you are so horribly bad that you can't even beat an easy boss on easy.
  47. Jan 16, 2014
    A well-done and fun fighting game. Even if you break your fingers trying to eliminate your enemies, you will know it was worth it. A negative part would be the camera mechanics even though it won't get in your way.
  48. Feb 12, 2014
    It's not like a MGS game for sure. The story is independent from the series. But still it doesn't change that the story is quite good. And I like Raiden in this game. He was just a loser and simple character than Snake in MGS 2. I was thinking that I have Snake, why I have to play with this damn **** But in this game, Raiden pushes the limits, drives to insanity. He faces with himself and battles against powerful villains. He becomes more mature.

But this game is way easier than older games. You just slice your enemies with your goddamn cool sword. And you are a super bad ass cyborg samurai. It doesn't feel like a MGS game. Still it's quite entertaining to use Blade Mode and trying cool combos. Game play is comfortable but parry has the same button with light attack, it's just too easy. Just press light attack steady and pushing your left stick towards to enemy. You will be invincible, except for some bosses.

Anyway, my score is 8 out of 10, it's entertaining but it isn't like a MG game for me.
  49. Feb 16, 2014
    I was worried about this game as this is Platinum Games' first attempt at making a PC port but I am happy to say that my worries are unfounded. Graphics wise are decent and flashy, the amount of things you can cut is astonishing and it runs pretty dang well on my archaic rigs even when cutting a soldier into 300 pieces.

Controlling Raiden with a keyboard is a bit troublesome but no
    problem with a controller.

I can proudly say that I recommend this game.
  50. Feb 17, 2014
    najs najsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajs najsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajs
  51. Feb 26, 2014
    Buy this game on the PC, forget that it is "Metalgear" in the sense that it is not a stealth game.
    Revel in the amazing visuals and slasher game play.

I am not a console person, so I cannot speak to the issues it had there, but on the PC (With a Xbox Controller) I have a blast. And it is cheap.
  52. Mar 20, 2014
    As the first Platinum game on PC this is a big step as well as the first Metal Gear on PC it changes the whole landscape of the PC platform now that this is out. MGS5 on PC could be the result. This game is great in general with its fast gameplay, smooth control, and looks amazing.
  53. Mar 24, 2014
    The game was very well optimized for PC..Gameplay was fluid with very little frame rate issues. Combat was very well done for a hack and slash title, exciting and never gets boring. The storyline was not so convincing but OK. Boss fights are the worst!..really..Graphics are top notch even on 768p laptops.
  54. Apr 6, 2014
    i borrowed this game from a friend and even though I had never played any metal gear games before the story was easy to follow , I know that raiden had not been liked in games before , I liked his character in this game . the gameplay was solid and I didn't have to much trouble with the game up until the final boss ,but that's not to say the games is easy , I had a large amount of trouble until I got the hang of the parry system , not to give any spoilers but the weapons you can unlock when you kill the bosses are crap except for the first one you get in my opinion . the camera has a few issues but nothing that was so bad I couldn't play . Expand
  55. Jul 22, 2014
    This is great game, though it is clearly full of anti-american propaganda and was obviously made by crypto-communist nazis! If you went to the university of Texas and played college ball, then this isn't the game for you. Otherwise it's pretty good. Anyway, The good: -Style is nice -Graphics are great, cinematics are wonderful -Combat is fast paced and enjoyable -Difficulty is adjustable and only as challenging as you want it to be
    -Soundtrack fits with the game, expect extreme edge
    -Boss fights are interesting and enjoyable

The bad:
    -Stealth missions are poorly done
    -Very short, roughly ~5 hours of storyline
    -Too expensive given how short it is

56. Feb 1, 2014
    Have you ever wanted to chop up a giant robot with your sword?

Well, that will have to wait until you've taken its health down to a preset amount. After that you can deliver two or three cuts and the affected body part is destroyed for good. Every other cut after that is more or less for your own sadistic enjoyment.

Revengeance is all about wanting to do something outrageous and
    being consistently slapped on the wrist. You can't do great damage until you have blocked, dodged and jumped your way through a preset sequence of attacks from the enemy that will severely hurt you unless you block/dodge/jump. And if you've been a good dog you'll be allowed to engage in the iconic Blade Mode™. For a few seconds.

Of course, that only applies to bosses. Slicing through the lesser enemies is quite easy. Slicing a VIP in two before you have the chance to cut off the Oh So Important Left Hand™ is quite easy too. Can't cut that hand off a corpse, obviously.

Quite an enjoyable grindfest that keeps reminding you that you are merely a cyborg, not an Enemy Cyborg™
  57. Jan 13, 2014
    [UPDATE]
    The always online issue that some people were complaining about has been patched. As for the 24hz issues, I had the same issue but lowering the resolution to the previous 16:9 shouldn't degrade too much of the experience since the game doesn't have much focus on graphics. I'm playing the game on my TV with 1366x768, it's actually not too bad (better than 720p).

Gameplay: 9

What can I say... I'm a fan of hack 'n' slash type games. It's more fun than DmC in terms of boss battles and would be similar to God of War. The gameplay is quite fast paced and refreshing for a slasher, a mix of Devil May Cry and God of War, like Castlevania:LoS. I do not recommend playing any hack 'n' slash games with keyboard and mouse. Negative reviewers regarding bad controls shouldn't be playing hack'n'slash games. For some people using the gamepad and still find issues, the right analog stick is used by pushing and pulling in the directions you want the blade to strike. E.G. you want to raise your blade and strike downwards, push the right stick up then let go or bring back down and ready the upper slash position. Using the right stick allows you to slice at more accurate angles and greater speed depending on your thumbs' ability to move.

Story: 6
    It doesn't seem too interesting but the fun in the game lies more in the combat. If you're a fan of hack'n slash type games, then an 'ok' story shouldn't bother you. I haven't finished the game yet and will come back to re-rate the story when I'm done but where I'm at, it doesn't seem that great.
    [UPDATE]
    I've finished it today and I'm sticking to my main point. The story is not so great and the voice acting gets really cheesy the longer you play it and have more conversations with the crew. Albeit, some topics are quite funny like the classic MGS games.

Graphics: 6
    I expect better than this especially when the game was a 23GB download on steam. The only positives I would give this game is the art because I am a nerd in robotics. If robotics or art design doesn't trigger your interests, then it would be a 3-4/10 because the textures look low res and character models aren't detailed. The physics is pretty cool in my opinion; you can run up to most objects and chop them up to pieces with quite high precision (e.g. the giant, fat tree in the first level could be cut up even though it looked like it couldn't). For graphics, I'd blame the xbox 360 constraints during development because if this had been a PS3 focused title, the character models and textures would be many times better as can be seen in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The addition of particles is a fairly nice addition to the game. I've an Nvidia card so I don't know if the particle effects are tied to physx or not.

I'm currently using a PS3 controller using Motionjoy drivers combo with Better DS3 with the xbox profile setting (google for them if you have a ps3 controller or intend to get one since they are cheap now that PS4 is out). The bluetooth adapter I'm using to play wireless PS3 controller is a generic one that was recommended by other Motionjoy users and devs ($10 including shipping overseas). If you have an xbox360 controller, then it should be easier from what I've heard. Other than those technicalities, God of War III gameplay remains king for me but this game isn't too far off.
  58. Jul 19, 2014
    This game is ridiculous, absurd and farcical. It is glorious.

Problems? Oh yeah, a ton. It's a Konami PC port after all. No resolution settings above 1080p. No Quit (but we all know how to Alt + F4, right?). Occasional camera frustrations. Large amounts of action that happen in cutscenes, instead of by player agency. (Also: yes, it's designed for an XBox controller, but that's not a
    "problem"; if you're a PC gamer in 2014 still insisting on kb/m even though it's obviously unsuited to most games out there, YOU'RE the problem.)

It makes up for that with its kitschy, swivel-eyed disregard for anything approaching good taste or class. It would be comforting to think that Kojima Productions know how silly their games are, but the MGS series suggests otherwise, and maybe that's for the best. I doubt this level of campness could be achieved unless the makers looked upon their wacky story with anything level than the utmost solemnity. It is toe-curlingly theatrical, and never anything less than 100% entertaining.
  59. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun and fast paced hack and slash spinoff set in the metal gear solid universe. The zandatsu feature is alot of fun and never gets old no matter how many times you do it. It may lack the story of the other metal gears but its still a hell of alot of fun to play and worth picking up on a sale.
  60. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The two biggest issues with this game are the QTEs (you come to know me as harboring a fierce hatred for QTEs in general, as they dumb down combat) and the camera. The final boss fight involves a series of QTEs to kill him once and for all, and they absolutely *must* be done within a fraction of a second to do it properly. Even when I pressed Shift to use Blade Mode correctly and on time, the game still punished me as being not quick enough and I lose 25% of my HP. The camera hardly faces the direction you want to, making the fight even more difficult to go through. I could tolerate the level of unfairness in the combat mechanics to a certain degree but the final boss fight was the last straw. The game worked and the story was okay at best, but the QTEs and sloppy camera really put me off. I'd say it's worth checking out if you're a fan of Metal Gear and/or Devil May Cry, but ultimately the issues with this game will piss you off as much as it has done to me (and I was playing on Normal). Otherwise, I recommend skipping it altogether. Expand
  61. Jan 9, 2014
    No fullscreen 1080p support on my Bravia TV... I get a black screen. On my monitor I get picture, but it's got thick black borders around the whole screen. Is this why pre-orders were cheaper? Beta discount?
  62. Jun 30, 2014
    The worst part of this game is easily the camera. There's no capability to lock on to the enemies and it can be difficult to tell where they are in the heat of combat, especially since a lot of them have abilities which allow them to dash around. I don't know how many times I cursed because I was against a wall and all of a sudden the camera decided to face the wall so I couldn't see who or what was attacking me. This becomes more important later on as you're expected to block or dodge attacks but you can't see the visual cues.

Boss fights are pretty easy up until the last couple of them. When they start to become more difficult it can be very frustrating. For example, you can get through most of the game while just ignoring the parry mechanic for the most part but one of the later bosses basically requires you to be proficient with it.

There are a lot of times also when you are basically going to take a lot of damage and there's nothing you can do about it. Attacks can line up in such a way that there is no ability to avoid them so you parry a couple of attacks and then eat an attack that can't be parried. And then two more while you're on the ground. And now you're dazed.

The story is okay (but not great) to start, but when it attempts to delve into Jack's past it becomes laughable.

The game's flaws are few, imho, but they are so critical that it really made me dislike it at the end. If you're considering this game, you're better off with God of War, Devil May Cry, or Darksiders.
  63. Jan 9, 2014
    The graphics is lame, the physics is even lamer. The battle here is not about combos, it's about clicking right and left button a zillion times. So it's lame too. And even movement here is lame, thanks to the automatic obstacle overcoming system. So basically all the gameplay in this game ends up in pressing WSAD and 2 mouse buttons. And the character does everything for you. What's the point? Where's the gameplay?
    But even that was not the worst part for me. What made me quit this game is that I had to kite mad kicking cow-robots in the very beginning of the first chapter, 5 minutes each. Is it a fighting or what? I always thought that fightings are about doing combos and dodging enemy attacks, not running around enemies and hitting them from time to time for hours. This is not interesting at all!
    The only good thing about this game are cutscenes. They are really cool. But this is a game, not a movie. So IMHO it's not worth wasting time and money.
  64. Mar 1, 2014
    Pretty boring game with a lame story. You basically run around slicing people and thats it. Camera angles are disastrous and you cant lock on to enemies making the fights frustrating specially against bosses and parrying doesn't seem to work either.
  65. Feb 14, 2014
    This game would have been a whole lot better if there was a better blocking system.
    All you can do is parry and even then its pretty hard when you have heaps of enemies attacking you at the same time. Due to this, you are forced to run away and kite them 70% of the time which to me, kills the momentum and self satisfaction of a relentless combo. This also makes balance an issue as well,
    since it is just way too difficult to take on more than 2 enemies with minimal defense.
    Also I am pretty sure blade mode is broken for pc because at points I saw the sword not doing anything up close.
    Story is decent, dialogue isn't so much.
    I guess I should give this more of a chance, but at this stage I wouldn't say its great, yet not terrible either.
    End rant.
  66. Mar 8, 2014
    I have to give this a 2 as there is no strategic mechanic built into this game. Pure luck. I have finsihed Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and I can tell you there is no learning curve in this game. No block, just an absurd parry which doesn't work half the time.

Monsoon is where I gave up FYI.
  67. Mar 7, 2014
    Gosh this plot character design and dialog is so unattractive. Mechanics are okish, but im not impressed.

overall mediocre project. waste of time and resources.
  68. Jan 12, 2014
    I will give the game a 2 because the graphics are very good, as far as having anything to do with metal gear as I recall it , it surely doesnt. This game is nothing more than devil may cry right down to the backstreet boy looking character with cyborgs instead of demons, just another linear run through hack and slash pos, at least DMC had way cooler upgrades and skills. There is no stealth play at all, you are in approx 2025 ad running about with a sword hack and slashing cyborgs, lol downright pathetic and a slap in the face to the name metal gear, in short if you like games like devil may cry (not that it was a bad game itself) you may like this game, if you are a fan of the metal gear series and the stealth killing, planning, and having to think to play a game, look elsewhere this is not that game anymore, dumbed down to the core. Expand
  69. Jan 15, 2014
    Some of the worst controls I have ever used. Camera is all over the place. Overall Physics suck. Feels like it was made by high school students knowledge. Waste of my money.
  70. May 18, 2014
    CRAP, This must be a bad joke. A lame arcade with bad control (really bad), bad camera, bad story, bad graphics, repetitive gameplay, bad boss fights (you just have to run around and to hit the boss when he stops attacking you. Sometimes you cant even attack the boss, you just stay there and get beaten because the control is not responsive. The fights suck so bad (and there are only fights 99% of the gameplay, you can not even dodge, counter attack, sometimes you cant even attack, you can parry, which sometimes you can use that to win easy, just parry, parry, parry, win... so lame.), too short, uninspired level design, too many cut scenes. Do not buy this **** buy DMC instead or anything else.

The funniest part, after you chop a boss into 1000 pieces he calls you to tell you some stuff... WTF?!
  71. Jan 13, 2014
    terrible writing, boring plot, bad characters, all twitch combat no strategy. The graphics are pretty but this is probably one of the worst games I've played recently.
  72. Jan 16, 2014
    THIS SUCKS ON SO MANY LEVELS IT HURTS MY FEELINGS[ Forget Metal Gear. I started this game with an open mind, knowing it wasn't the tactical game other MGs are, but I immediately felt a disturbance in the force. Let's begin... PC PORT When the game opened, a window greeted me. "Oh, it must be 1999," I thought, "maybe I opened my SNES emulator!". Then I realized it was my latest purchase, and I hurried to the customize menu. That's when things began to go wrong. It doesn't feature the resolution I play with, which is 1920x1200, so I had to play a 1920x1080 windowed. There are indie games that are more flexible than this one. In pain and hurt by this, I start the game. FIRST BLOOD After a slow tutorial you learn the game has basically two buttons you must smash to go ahead, plus an "activate for effortless movements" button where you don't have to do **** to go over obstacles and a "stop time and cut sh*t" button that lets you sushi up your enemies. I was thinking "This game f-ing plays itself". But I didn't know it got worse. I started a mission and - behold! - smashing buttons on my controller got the job done. I tried to parry, but it was the same key as the hit button. I have a xBox controller: I have 10 keys I can press and you force me to use the same button for hitting and parrying. Nice job! I don't feel like an idiot at all, having to use just a couple of buttons to play the game. THE F- YOU CAMERA The camera earned its own section. You can rotate it BUT IT ALSO FOLLOWS YOU. That means that if you are trying to fight, let's say, a boss that moves fast, you may center the camera on him while you dodge his attacks just to see it move away, pointing to you. It doesn't care if you need to know where your deadly enemy is, why would you? Dark Souls has been out for so much time one would hope people learned how to do a decent third person action game. LEVEL DESIGN The level design is plain. Just plain. Follow the road, don't explore too much (or we will put an invisible wall, just to remind 2014 is here but nothing changed, mofo), just go straight ahead. Really nothing to say here. CUTSCENES When you realize how many cutscenes there are just in the first hour of game you'll this game plays itself. That's the pattern: go ahead, kill a couple of minions, now kill a bigger one, CUTSCENE, walk 20 meters, CUTSCENE, ninjarun 40 meters, hit a guy, CUTSCENE. It's worse than the other Metal Gear games. Kojima, write a movie already! THIS GAME PLAYS ITSELF Under 3 combat buttons - check! "Press me to do everything while chasing enemies" button - check! Refill life when killing even stupid minion - check! And just when you think it can't get worse, someone over your codec goes "Yo Raiden, did you know you can SCAN THE AREA AND KNOW WHERE ENEMIES ARE, EVEN BEHIND WALLS? AND DID YOU KNOW THAT SCAN REVEALS WHAT YOU CAN CUT?" and just surprises you. The game just stopped being a game and started being a... don't know. I don't really know. IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD? The graphics are great, sounds are great as well. CONCLUSION DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I bought it because I wanted to let Kojima & Co. know there is a market for pc games, and because I'm a Metal Gear **** But if I could travel back in time, instead of killing Hitler or warn my young self about that motorbike accident that would shatter my arm I would slap myself every time I was thinking about buying it. Seriously guys, go do drugs instead, it's a more intelligent choice. Expand
  73. Jan 28, 2014
    A slow paced gameplay for a Beat-Them-All, not a buy.

I felt while playing that the developper were unhappy to kill MGS style, and where going to give player what they actually enjoy in a game that is not what they were use to. I played on Pc with an Xbox controller, and had actually issue with it right at the start, This game has been port but not intended to feel like a beat them all
    to met.

Fighting has actually been the first issue, you are not playing an agile character, so you need to be sure of what you intend to do in any situation because there's not much movement option you can use to move your ass out of a bad situation.

Camera has been the second one, the camera is actually too close of your character which will make you loose him in close space and make you unable to look around you when you switch to blade mode. Obligation for you to use target mode to set this to a better level.

To complete, this game has some nice feature and some great idea had been re-use from MGS but the gameplay really put this game way down in my list of favorite beat-them-all, Even if the game is affordable, really feel like a bad one.... Can't exit while on Title Screen... Really !?
  74. Feb 25, 2014
    Not only does this game go up to just 1080p as I've heard, it's not real 1080p, it's up-scaled 720p, so if you're expecting that you could max out the game just like any PC game, you will not. 1080p looks choppy because it is stretched 720p to fit a 1920x1080 resolution, and you will have two big black bars at the bottom and on to the right of your screen, the image does not cover the whole monitor, because it is console 1080p meant for TVs not the full 1920x1080 pixels for a computer monitor!!!! Expand
  75. Jan 14, 2014
    I've checked every single software quirk that might be rendering my perfectly working mouse unusable in the game, but no. Camera flies in random directions and even on maximum sensitivity, it barely registers the mouse and choppily turns the camera, with random deceleration and is downright unusable. They port a game to PC, they pretend it works with PC controls, but it doesn't. And if you can't even play a game, there is no need to talk about anything else and it gets a 0. I don't plan to wait around until they decide to throw in a patch for something as basic as this, it's pure insolence Expand
  76. Jan 10, 2014
    This game has poor gameplay and graphics to today's standards, your 12-year-old son might enjoy it though.

The game has 60 FPS limit and maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 as well.
  77. Jan 11, 2014
    Camera automatically steers away from the enemies to show you low-res textures on the wall (even when I manually control camera with my mouse, it still screws me over because returning the camera back onto the enemy takes time in which enemy delivers the blow). Camera has negative acceleration for no reason whatsoever.
    Parrying mechanic completely counter-intuitive. It requires conscious
    effort to wait for attack and then release direction keys, press them again and press attack button to parry, which can't be performed by reflexes and breaks the flow of the game.
    What made me drop this game is difficulty spike at blade wolf and complete lack of checkpoints in that fight on top of that.
    Then, blade mode. Why do I have to use WASD to aim? Well, because with gamepads you can't use right stick and attack at the same time. BUT I'M PLAYING ON PC WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.
    This game screws over so many important details that it negates anything good that there is about it.
  78. Feb 8, 2014
    BLADE MODE ON THE PC IS BROKEN
    fixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyourgamefixyamefixyourgamefixyourg

1. May 11, 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is great looking, great playing action explosion, and the PC version is the best version. [Feb 2014]
    Raiden reaps what the action filled gameplay sows and if it wasn't for the clunky camera and lackluster plot, there would be nothing to complain about. [Issue #239]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    It might be unpolished, but it still is a gem among slashers, especially on a platform that lacks this kind of game. [03/2014, p.72]