7.0

1. MarcoS.
    May 3, 2003
    I played Metal Gear Solid on the PSX and loved it. I loved it so much I went and baught Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PC as soon as it was out. Well, it looks good, but i still can't play it because the port over from the PSX2 to the PC was done so bad. I have no idea what key does what since the instruction manual that came with MGS2 is for the PSX2 and not for the PC. The option tab I played Metal Gear Solid on the PSX and loved it. I loved it so much I went and baught Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PC as soon as it was out. Well, it looks good, but i still can't play it because the port over from the PSX2 to the PC was done so bad. I have no idea what key does what since the instruction manual that came with MGS2 is for the PSX2 and not for the PC. The option tab that allows me to define my keyboard and joypad layout is like something I've never seen before and haven't got it to work properly. Something tells me KONAMI put in little effort to make this a decent game for the PC. Expand
  2. GuybrushThreepwood
    Apr 17, 2003
    The game is great on PS2 and X-Box but for the PC port Konami decided to screw ATI Card owners and f*** up all the effects so that they only look right on nVidia cards. This makes ATI card owners have to look at blurry disorted images whenever they go into the rain. The gameplay is still good but the controls suck because the mouse doesn't actually control, you can only click it to The game is great on PS2 and X-Box but for the PC port Konami decided to screw ATI Card owners and f*** up all the effects so that they only look right on nVidia cards. This makes ATI card owners have to look at blurry disorted images whenever they go into the rain. The gameplay is still good but the controls suck because the mouse doesn't actually control, you can only click it to shoot. The gameplay is the same as the PS2 and X-Box versions which is the one point that made me pull the score up to a 5. The bottom line is that the game is a kick-@$$ game with a half-@$$ port. Expand
  3. DerekL.
    Apr 23, 2003
    Graphics is good, game play is good. Sadly, There are two things that I have a problem with: 1) the controls are wierd (2) I've come across what seems to be a script hang when you meet Olga on the tanker. Other then that, the game is cool.

1. Could have been ported over a lot more gracefully. Yet this is such an unusual, intriguing, and shocking game that despite the rough translation, it still makes for a one-of-a-kind experience on the PC.
  2. A great "console" game, but I'm not convinced the PC is the proper system to be playing it on.
    For console owners, it's simply not worth the bucks to upgrade your PC to play this game -- Enjoy it on your console. On the other hand, if you've got the hardware for it (including a gamepad) and don't own a console, I'd recommend getting your hands on this game in an instant.