7.1

1. Aug 16, 2013
    The meat behind this DLC, the Kshatriya mission, is phenomenal. The most criticized element of Metro has always been it's linear gameplay. This Kshatriya Mission addresses exactly that and gives us Metro fans an opportunity to explore and endure the dangers of the metro universe at our own freewill. It takes the Linear experience that Metro offers and gives you an amazing, yet condensed,The meat behind this DLC, the Kshatriya mission, is phenomenal. The most criticized element of Metro has always been it's linear gameplay. This Kshatriya Mission addresses exactly that and gives us Metro fans an opportunity to explore and endure the dangers of the metro universe at our own freewill. It takes the Linear experience that Metro offers and gives you an amazing, yet condensed, sandbox version. For 5 bucks, this experience is amazing, and is a must buy for anyone who owns Metro LL and always wondered what it would like to be able to explore the tunnels without a mandatory guide.
    This DLC also throws in 2 other missions that were not in depth enough, or large enough, to release alone. I feel like they are just bonus content with them being a mere linear stealth mission and the other a heavy artillery horde defense mission. I feel that these two missions have brought the DLC a lot of negative attention and that if they would not have been included as extra content, in what is really a 5 dollar Metro sandbox experience, that the DLC would have received more positive reviews.

10/10 from me. Kshatriya makes the heart of this DLC and is more than worthy of 5 bucks. I am not going to rate the DLC down just because it gave us two extra bonus missions of less than superior quality.
  2. Jul 20, 2013
    If people have read the books and looks beneath the surface of these games then you will absolutely love it. And for the people complaining about the Reich mission remember that the Nazi's are all about show their power meaning brawl before brains and this was just the opening act.

And the reason the DLC is shorter than normal DLC is for three reasons. 1. It cost 5 dollars which is about half of a normal DLC. 2. These were actually made after the main game meaning they weren't stripped from the original game and then made DLC. 3. 4A games is a rather poor company compared to other gaming giants, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Naughty Dog etc. and for them to make this DLC is damn well impressive.
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    You buy this DLC for one mission only--- Kshatriya. You can call it a throwback to the original STALKER series. Go out to the world, gather stuff and sell them. You make money, upgrade your gear, suit, ammo and others. It's almost like an non-linear RPG fps. It's quite long. But since I enjoyed it so much, it's never long enough. Damn fine piece of work this is!
  4. Aug 29, 2013
    The Kshatriya mission is fantastic! If you do not like the other two missions, like I didnt, then just don't play them. You actually don't have to!
    But this Kshatriya mission, like others have said, is amazing and is worth more than 5 bucks alone. Everytime I play Metro I find myself shouting, "NO PAVEL! I WANT TO GO THIS WAY! STOP MAKING THIS SO LINEAR!"
    Now I don't have to. Because I
    Now I don't have to. Because I can do whatever I want. No hand holding.
    Its a lot of fun.

1. Aug 28, 2013
    The DLC offers three missions (one of which is simply awful) and falls short of the captivating, emotional story from Last Light. [CD-Action 10/2013, p.73]
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    Ill conceived and illogical if following orders, Heavy Squad is the weakest slice of this anthology.
  3. Aug 12, 2013
    These three chapters are what this new DLC offers to Metro fans, and I have to say that if it weren't for the Kshatriya chapter, the value of spending money on the other two chapters would be questionable as they're very similar to situations and gameplay mechanics found in the main story. Kshatriya alone makes it all worthwhile however, featuring reasonably generous and unique additional content in a DLC pack which won't break the bank.