8.6

1. May 23, 2013
    Its so beautiful and atmospheric game. Its almost everything I want from nowadays FTP game.
    If you want deep and masterfully created game, try this one and you would be disapointed.
  2. May 23, 2013
    The game has it's own charm, holy-wood `s actions stay far behind, I mean what do you do in modern actions? Shoot, run, shoot, cutscene, today they attacking White house, tomorrow Kremlin, so pop, so Justin Bieber, enough I don't wanna play this way, something real, with it's own heart beating. Strongly recommend, enjoy.
  3. cra
    May 23, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodler comparable to this masterpiece. I'm pretty sure that Metro is just the best game this year. Expand
  4. May 24, 2013
    bes fdgfdfgffgfffdffdfgffgfgfgfgfgnnnnnnnnnfndfndnfdnfdndfnfdndfndfndfnfdndfnfdndfdfndfnndfnfdndfnfdfndfdnfdndfndfndfndfnfdnfdnfndnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdndfndfndfndfndfntffdgfdgfd
  5. May 25, 2013
    So I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderful sounds. There is only one problem I have with this game, and that's that most of the voice actors from the first game were replaced, so characters brought back from the first game don't have the same voices they originally had, except for one character. But I felt this complaint was so insignificant, it shouldn't impact my rating on this game. But that isn't why I've decided to write this review. I wrote this review because I wanted to address some of the main complaints people have with this game:

1) BAD ACTING: A lot of reviews says this game has terrible acting. While I agree that it isn't the best, I will say the the acting is very good and that it really doesn't distract you from the immersion.

2) BAD STORY: I'm assuming that everyone who said this game has a bad story has never played the first game "Metro 2033". The story was incredible, and the sequel really does a good job at continuing the story and staying true to the book series.

3) LINEAR GAMEPLAY: This is the biggest complaint I see about this game. People go out and by this game and expect "Fallout" in Russia. No one ever said this game was an open world game, so buying it and not liking it is your fault for not reading the description of the game. The argument that "Metro: Last Light is bad because it is linear" holds as much water as the statement "Country music is bad because it isn't Rock music." This game is supposed to be linear. Its telling an amazing story that can only be told in a linear game.

This game is absolutely amazing, and deserves to be played by all. For some, this doesn't seem like its worth 60 dollars, which is understandable, its hard to pay that much for a game you might only play once or twice. I personally would have paid 100 dollars for this game, because I plan on several play-throughs. After all, I played 186 hours of Metro 2033, and I've already beaten Metro:LL four times, going on five. But anyways, Buy it now, buy it when its on sale, it doesn't matter. Just play this game.
  6. May 25, 2013
    What atmosphere wow! Hats off to the creators of this game for creating such a great world that has only been reached by the likes of the Half Life series. Metro Last Light is an Alice in Wonderland in a post apocalyptic setting where there is always something new to see. Beautiful in its own regard and rich in detail to the point where you are hesitant to just walk by without catching all the little things done.
    Fantastic game!
  7. May 25, 2013
    I don't really care that much about the DLC Ranger Mode thingy. I got the ranger mode and it was really worth it. This game is much better than the first. The graphics are stunning and the story is awesome. I completely loved every second of this game. I hope they're making a sequel. :D
  8. May 26, 2013
    This series has a great storyline. I found the first game to be more immersive and a bit more engrossing, but this sequel doesn't disappoint. I think one of the most impressive feats of this game, the first and the second, is to take a beat to death storyline concept (post-nuclear apocalypse) and make it engaging and thought provoking, and really fun, all in one. Not easy to do, and they did it marvelously. Expand
  9. May 26, 2013
    This game is just great. It does a great job of immersing you in that world while also having a great story,
    gameplay, and atmosphere, along with a creepy dim-lit environment and some really neat survival horror elements. It just fails to deliver a challenging stealth mechanic and i still feel like some of the characters could use more work, like Anna, of which Artyom starts caring
    about her out of nowhere. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  12. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
    Pros:
    - The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
    - The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
    - The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.

Cons:
    - Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
    - The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.

It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.
  13. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off
    a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  14. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  15. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    If the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant I jump over this, go under that, I dont want to chose x I want to chose y....but the best immersion I have had in a game is worth that.

You care about your gear, you fear monsters, you think about moral choices, you feel a bit naughty in the stip club, fatherly to the the kids and brave like one of the warriors. There's really nothing more needs saying because the game play that leads you to bother about these things must be brilliant to achieve this.

This game sets a new benchmark for me, graphically and most of all confidence wise. What I mean by confidence is that nowadays any game makers at some point seem to get bored, decide to make us like what they like, rush, or just plain act stupid. This is something that has been thought out, and executed very, very nearly perfectly, without compromise.

It hits standards I haven't seen a game hit in years. It does so on release date. Immediately into my top 5 games of all time, yes its linear but that is an absolutely necessary compromise. I think the title of linear fps is a bit glib and outdated, I think this is the first truly successful attempt at combining film and computer game; placing you as the star. Enjoy.
  17. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  18. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  19. May 22, 2013
    I did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together very well.

Fantastic eerie environments, great characters you can relate to, excellent ambiance, challenging combat with resource management if you play on harder modes. Storytelling was good and the entire "campaign" lasted about 20 hours for me but my only beef with it was the rather abrupt ending.

If anyone asks, I highly recommend this game; buy it, loan it, rent it, steal it etc
  20. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  21. May 20, 2013
    Metro last light tries to be one of the big boys and it kinda does but it's got kind of a uneven story and the human A.I. Is not that great but it does make a pretty good shooter that you will want to play again and again. The game has survival horror elements that do scare the crap out of you even when your out side in the morning that's a good sign for a survival horror and the environment looks just great and it's a lot better than the first game witch was alright. My biggest problem is that ranger difficulty cost 5$ unless you pre ordered it and that just pissed me off because that's supposed to give you the best experience but it doesn't ruin the game witch is great so I think you shouldn't pass this up. Expand
  22. May 18, 2013
    Excellent Combat Excellent Environment Excellent Story This game wasn't made by some rich American corporation but a smaller Ukrainian one, and for the resources they had, they made a game that surpasses games with budgets 10X larger.
  23. May 20, 2013
    Wow really tired of fuc*ing nubs leaving negative reviews about this AWESOME game, I doubt that they even played predecessor METRO 2033!
    Those cry-babies complaint about how this game if such a failure that it's not an open world and it's Rail-shooter, really?! Name a game that is not rail-shooter? It's #1 Horror-shooter game today.
    It's railed on purpose (It's a book) you have to FOLLOW
    A STORY (MAX PAYNE). There's only two options that you can make in the game KILL or NOT to KILL! If you like open world play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. People who played METRO 2033 can't complaint that it's not open world (It's open enough to your pants when you outside metro).
    Bad Story? Well to bad for you, probably Bioshock Infinite has more story for you... I found this story amazingly retarded as gameplay itself (referring to Bioshock)! I've enjoined this METRO and it's thrilling story.
    Bad Acting? Well Russian accent, whats wrong with that? You in underground Moscow buddy;)!
    Best graphics you ever experienced! Put your SLI/CroFire in good use!
    This was a Good Buy for Me!!!

that know everything about how story is must be or how NOT OPEN environment is, but they do rate Bioshock Infinite as 10/10 (Those are true gamers)
  24. May 21, 2013
    Как молодцы.
    Я
  25. May 21, 2013
    Gute Atmosphäre Geniale Grafik hat mich mit seiner kurzen Spieldauer Hervorragend unterhalten. Abwechslungsreiche Gegner Typen Super Story. Mit seit langem das Beste Spiel was ich gezockt habe.
  26. May 22, 2013
    Amazing story and great atmosphere really make Metro Last Light stand out from most other shooters. The visuals are top notch and the new changes to combat and weapon upgrades are really well done.
  27. May 23, 2013
    Best atmosphere, best shooter, best game.
    Awesome game.
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10.
    It's hard to find a game with such a fantastic dive into the world.
  28. May 23, 2013
    Hi guys. I'm from Russia, and this game I really liked, because it is the best game created by the developers of the post-Soviet. I am very glad that in the West there are fans too.
    PS: Sorry for my English
  29. May 24, 2013
    ждал....понравилась....10 10....атмосферный
  30. May 24, 2013
    Very dramatic and well thought out. Definitely one of the must play games of the last few years. I have experienced none of the bugs anyone has mentioned and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. The entire game is excellent overall, and has well executed pace throughout, but intensity truly picks up around the half way mark and leaves you riveted. This is GOTY material, imo.
  31. Jun 3, 2013
    Metro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different and unique shooter. Expand
  32. May 25, 2013
    Very good game, with an atmosphere that will give you goosebumps throughout the story.
    Very Linear story, so your never off the path long, only venturing off into the darkness when your hear of civilians in need of help
  33. Jun 2, 2013
    Though, this game is not ideal and has some minor drawbacks (for example check-points), it totally deserves 10 points, because of its atmosphere, detailed world, rich characters and interesting plot. And also because of the fact that this game was made with so little a budget and yet can be compared with major titles with large budgets. We need more games like this!
  34. Aug 3, 2013
    Wow... one word to describe thiis title? Incredible! The graphics are wondrous, the gameplay is solid, and the attention to detail is stellar. Never before in a game have I been able to just walk over to a man telling stories to a child and been captivated myself. This is what so many games nowadays lack; the ability to interest you with ambient details. The game successfully conveyed to me what was going on, even though I had never read the book. Metro LL also does a spectacular job of immersing me and is able to frighten me at certain times too! It is quite good at evoking emotion from me as well. This game is seriously a masterpiece, a non-stop fun and immersive experience from beginning to end. Do yourself a favor and play this game. Expand
  35. Aug 22, 2013
    Great game, one of the few times I think I actually like a sequel better than the original. Even some of the DLC has some good play time to it, and they kept Ranger mode in.
  36. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  37. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop.
    Hopefully maybe have another
    sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  39. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  40. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and
    excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  41. Jul 16, 2013
    A both beautiful and intense game, an amazing experience. Though, if you are looking for THEE GREATEST ACTION SHOOTER POWPOWOWWow, you will probably be disappointed. Gameplay is average, its the atmosphere of the game that absorbs you. Take time to snoop around and explore what you can. Loved the journey
  42. Jun 8, 2013
    I found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent but nothing ground breaking, with careful use of stealth you can easily take them out or sneak by, creatures are much harder to evade, indeed most of my deaths were caused by creatures. The audio and voice acting is very good and quite atmospheric throughout the game. There are no real negatives to this game having only experienced a single crash, overall I would highly recommend. Expand
  43. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  44. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  45. May 18, 2013
    The game is a worthy sequel to Metro 2033, and in most aspects it's better, feeling more polished. The story is very good, although the ending was quite not what I expected, yet it leaves lots of questions to be answered in a future sequel. The atmosphere and overall feel are very impressive, and reflects the slavic melancholy to the player in a unique way.

On a graphical side, the game
    is very pretty, like was the first game. I haven't measured framerates, but it feels like it runs a bit smoother than the 2033. I have an AMD video card, and the game was given a patch regarding issues with Radeons, and ever since the game has been running well on my rig.

Sound-wise, it's pretty much the same as the first game in the series. I switched character speaking language to russian, just for giving me a better and more authentic immersion of the game world. Music also works well, changing in pace and intensity as the player is in action, and diminishing alike when things cool down. Like before, monsters do make growling noises, which in turn warns the player of their proximity.

My criticism comes mostly from the same things that others have mentioned bad AI at times, (english) voice acting (I prefer the russian), too much hand-holding and scripted situations which make it feel like an interactive film (this gets lesser later in the game). I've also encountered a couple of crashes, but since the game has bees out just a few days at the time of this review, fixes are likely to come in the future.

If you liked Metro 2033, you'll definitely like this, even though this has taken a little more mainstream approach on certain things. The single player took me about 10 hours to complete on medium difficulty on my first play-through, so it isn't that long of a game, but I'm willing to replay it a couple more times, at least for now.
  46. Jun 15, 2013
    Intense atmosphere helped by amazing visuals and sharpened combat and stealth mechanics. Let down by slightly uninteresting story and an unsatisfying ending, yet doesn't take away from the great moments.
  47. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  48. Jun 15, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is not an open world hardcore shooter. It's a linear storytelling game. If you can leave with that try it. It's just great.
    Metro is the same genre as Bioshock Infinite (Exploring unique linear world mixed with a fine story and weak shooter), and for me Metro is better in this.
  49. Jun 7, 2013
    Don't look at Critic Reviews. This game is underrated.
  50. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game, great sequel to Metro 2033, although it does not quite live up to it's predecessor, still better then Bioshock Infinite.

If you are into story heavy FPS, get it BUT 1st play Metro 2033 or it will get confusing with references to the past game.
  51. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  52. May 21, 2013
    I love it! Yes, it is very close to being on the rails, but does it at all pretend it isn't? Did it claim to be an open world shooter? No.

It's like ordering pizza and complaining because it doesn't taste enough like steak pie.

The story is gripping, the combat is satisfying, the stealth is one of the better done stealth systems.
  53. May 27, 2013
    I adore the gloomy atmosphere of the game. Now it's even better and more realistic than in Metro 2033. To me it's the best game I have played ever except Doom 1. And the bonus is as you may find in Internet those real places in Moscow and compare how they look like in our world.
  54. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say, i was in tears when i finished the Single Player campaign. Graphics? Superb. Gameplay? Addicting. Atmosphere? Survival-horror in the best of the genre, breathtaking. But the storyline brings you to somewhere that you keep feeling, after playing, that if they release the sequel just two or three months later Metro Last Light, it would still be perfect! Masterpiece.
  55. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  56. Jan 17, 2014
    Anybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would have loved to see a "lean" mechanism for stealth. Still, for atmosphere, story, immersion, shooting mechanics graphics (awesome detail),etc. it would probably rate a 10. When you stop and consider the budget and the conditions under which these guys worked under, especially in Metro 2033, you just can't help applaud what they've been able to create. This game will suck you in, chew you up and spit you out and the larger gaming companies could really take note as to what makes a game good --- and it isn't MONEY. I ran the patched version for AMDs with the FOV tweak, I crashed 3 times total in the game and experienced no other bugs, maybe I was just lucky but this game was actually the least buggy game I played in 2013. As far as I'm concerned, this is my GOTY for 2013 ... yes, easily over bioshock infinite. You really have to wonder about who is slipping who money when it comes to "critic" reviews, because they rarely seem to have a clue. Expand
  57. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because of the increased action. The real fun is addressing every single situation differently, whether you want to sneak by, silently kill everyone or just go in guns blazing. Different factors will affect the way you play: you might get help from a supernatural source, be fighting monsters from above or have a cracked gas mask that requires the utmost care not to break. Juggling limited ammo and gas filters as well as pumping up your air powered rifles and flashlight electricity make this incredibly challenging. Which, one man army COD players, is actually a very good thing. You actually have to think to fight (good FPS skills still required.) Graphics look absolutely top notch, even though unless you have a great computer your graphics must be reduced. Loads of DLC will be coming, as will many more hours of gameplay. All in all, these countless coming hours will be every bit more special that the countless hours of typical multiplayer FPS that is typically popular. Expand
  58. Aug 14, 2013
    Absolutely Stunning, Story was awsome,hidden good endig achieved and the graphic and gameplay. I have no words to describe how awsome is this game but i'll remember it for very long time. Best game of 2013 (i was thinking about Bishock Infinite but this game is more atmospheric and mature)
  59. Jun 17, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!. the game is great in story, atmosphere and gameplay!!! this game IMPROVED A LOT from metro 2033( not that metro 2033 was bad)!!!!!
    the best part about the game, like metro 2033, is the atmosphere. this is just one of the best in this regard, on the level with games like bioshock and dishonored. the games atmosphere is made much better by a lot of NPC
    conversations. the npcs conversations are really interesting and compelling. the notes in the game are also amazing. i dont read notes in a lot of games, but here they are just really interesting and give a lot to the world. the stations are also great because they give you a lot about the world. the game also has great graphics. another really strong aspect of the game is the enviroments!!!!!
    the enviroments in the game look amazing!!!! they look really good and let a lot to the game!!! the enviroments, both under the ground and above ground look spectacular!!!!!
    the games story is amazing as well. the story is really deep and meaningful, talking about stuff like humanity not stopping fighting, even when theyre barelly living. it also talks about how we treat the different. the game is really grim and sad which is awesome) if you didnt understand it yet, THE STORY IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another thing that enhances the game is moral choice. the game has deep and meaningful moral choice, that after choosing something, i still thought that i might be mistaking. the game has 2 endings. while there is a good ending and a bad ending, they both are amazing and fullfilling!! the game has great twists! the game also has really interesting conversations with a really special character, which i wont spoil, but believe me its just awesome!!! the game also has good scares. some time it can really scare you( note that if you dont like horror games you will probably still like this( i dont like horror games but i like this))
    the gameplay is also solid. the gunplay is great, and gun fights are great. the stealth system is good, but not perfect. its a huge improvment over metro 2033s stealth, but here its too forgiving. im not saying i want it super hardcore, but you can stand here right infront of someone, but because your in the "shadows" he doesnt see you. i dont have a problem with stealth by shadows, but here it is too forgiving again, the system is good and im not expecting a super realistic stealth, but this is too forgiving)
    the game does have few downsides that stop me from giving it a 10/10. the graphics options arent really expansive. the game optimized itself to my rig really good, but it just doesnt have enough settings to tweek manually. the game also isnt bugless. i had to reload a checkpoint few times because something didnt work. theres another problem in the game with the smoke. im not sure if its intended or not, but the smoke moves really weird and unnaturaly. all the effects in the game are good, and the smoke is also good when it works. when it weird, its a bit distracting. there is also a final boss battle that was really hard to understand what to do.
    overall my complaints are really little. the most annoying ones are the smoke and bugginess.

THIS IS A GREAT AWESOME MUST BUY GAME!!!!!! ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!! THE STORY AND ATMOSPHERE ARE AWESOME, RICH AND SPECTACULAR!!! THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE ORIGINAL!!!! JUST BUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  60. May 20, 2013
    Absolutely magnificent and engrossing game. This is single player only, but it's the most beautiful, aesthetic, well-thought-out fps of such nature that I've played in a long time and possibly ever.
  61. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  62. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  63. Jun 17, 2013
    The star of the show is the atmosphere. Everyone has said it, but it's true. The claustrophobic metro, and the breathtaking atmosphere scream detail and beauty. The gun mechanics are also pretty good. The story and characters could be way better, but the production values are enough to make it a good adventure.
  64. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing Ultra without AA on a GTX 560. Gameplay is solid and tight and again an improvement over its predecessor. 10/10 without a doubt. Expand
  65. May 20, 2013
    Story, atmosphere, graphics, details, characters, sound design everything is just purely amazing and very well done. The graphics and sounds really make you immerse in the game. One of the best single-player games i have ever played in my life. Metro Last light is a must buy!
  66. Jun 21, 2013
    i just want like to say that it is game of the year.and best game in the world i ever played.........................................................
  67. Aug 20, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a good game; Metro: Last Light is better.
    The visuals are outstanding, even on low the game still looks great and better than most other games.
    The plot is good but you maybe won´t understand everything if you haven´t played Metro 2033 or read the books.
    Fighting in the game feels great, even if the stealth part feels a bit silly.
    Many levels are designed open and you
    can choose different ways to proceed and there are more variations of different and unique weapons than in Metro 2033.
    There are some survival aspects in the game, you still have to search the areas in the game for bullets, weapons and filters for your gas mask. Surviving the world of Metro: Last Light on higher difficulties like the Ranger Mode won´t be an easy task.
    The world the game presents you is full of stunning environments and creates a depressing atmosphere which can not be described easily.
    To keep it short: This is not a game. This is a experience.
    And everyone should have experienced it!
  68. May 26, 2013
    Metro LL is a solid survival shooter. It is linear, although it does offer some pretty decent replay value due to the difficulty options. The story is incredible, combat is fun, graphics are nice. Worth the money.
  69. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  70. May 21, 2013
    Graphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will absolutely love Last Light. Would have given it a 10, but the shady Ranger Mode DLC dropped it a point. Expand
  71. May 20, 2013
    Amazing game
    Amazing graphics
    Amazing story
    Amazing game play
    Amazing
  72. May 20, 2013
    I was lucky enough to open the Metro 2033 for myself only half a year ago, so the Metro Last Light came out rather quickly. On the other hand I had all the memories and feelings from 1st part fresh when I dived intro LL.
    The graphics were amazing max settings gave and amazing picture.
    Shooting system was fine it would take a few to get me down, and same applied for any normal enemy.

Story-line was somewhat predictable, yet interesting and witch bunch of unexpected turn-overs.

Now, the only two things I didn't like about this game are: how ranger-hardcore mode is developed, and how AI performs with stealth system.
    There are a HUD system in the game (basic for any game yea?), but on hardcore level it goes away to give you realism. I love challenges, I love games that give me challenges. But playing Metro LL for the first time on the top hard level is somewhat pain in the ass. That happens because you don't see the hud, you don't know the hud. That's why I had BIG problems using explosives through the whole game. Only in the end I managed to somehow switch them using the sound that the hud emits when you pick specific item from the round menu of additional weapons. So, high five to 4A games for not testing the quality of game experience on the hardest mode in the game.
    Now AI. It's sometimes just plain stupid, or the computer thinks that player totally dissolves with the background, but there were a LOT of moments when it was natural if AI would detect me (like enemy looking exactly at me from 5 meters away, or calm guard who just chilled while I was killing his mate who was standing a step away from him with throwing knife, etc etc).

All in all it was a great game.
  73. May 23, 2013
    Just finished it, what a fantastic game...the only reason it didn't get a 10 from me is it was too short...17 hours of playtime only, I understand it almost got cancelled and got picked up etc still. Pre-ordering was worth it...now to try ranger hardcore...
  74. May 20, 2013
    This is an instant classic, great storytelling, atmosphere, combat and graphics. Big step up from the previous game in pretty much every regard. A lot of emotion, passion and tough choices. Great pacing, a lot of really tense moments; the game grabs you and stays engaging from start to finish. Attention to details in the environments is absolutely mind blowing, i feel like the world is the actual hero of the game.
    The game took me 19 hours to finish in ranger mode, explored and read everything. PC version worked really well, no bugs or crashes and looked amazing
  75. May 20, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is every bit an improvement over the first. This game is already one of my favorite shooters of recent memory. The developers have created a labor of love for the PC and it pushes the GPU to the limits. Not many devs out there are pushing out products that are this bleeding edge. Sure, depending on your GPU and the drivers you are running, you may experience some graphical issues but those were quickly patched (in my case, at least). The shooter mechanics have been polished to near perfection, which is a major plus over 2033. The affection that these devs show towards the narrative is such a breath of fresh air. But it is the attention to detail with the atmosphere of this post-apocalyptic world that will take away that breath. If you are a fan of Fallout 3 or the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, this game deserves your attention. A solidly satisfying experience from beginning to end.

Played on:
    Core i7 3770
    16 GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7870
  76. May 21, 2013
    Es gibt wohl nicht viele so schön erzählte wie inszenierte Spiele. Die Grafik kann man kaum besser umsetzen insbesondere in der Wechselwirkung mit Wettereffekten und Spielatmosphäre .
    Die einzigen Mankos am Spiel sind der leider nicht vorhandene Multiplayer die Metro wäre dafür eigentlich prädestiniert gewesen), sowie der LEIDER lächerliche Schwierigkeitsgrad bei allem unter Hardcore
    kann man von schwierig nicht wirklich reden).
    Ansonsten gibt es von mir, für alle die ein gelungenes Solo mit viel Storytelling lieben nur den Rat unbedingt holen,
  77. May 21, 2013
    The atmosphere, the presentation, the game play, the beautiful graphics, the story, the characters, the immersion. This game has it all! This has the be one of the best games I have ever played, it delivers a unique experience that almost no other video game can create. Metro, Deep Silver. You have have done many proud, I am looking forward to the next game (if there is one). In my opinion, this is Game of the year, so far. Thank you. Expand
  78. May 23, 2013
    10 балов.
    ВЫ сюжетом.
    Хотя
  79. May 27, 2013
    Ayant adoré metro 2033 je ne pouvais que faire celui-ci, et quel jeux!!!Ambiance de dingue!Histoire de dingue!Je déplore juste une IA trés faiblarde mais c'est tout.Sinon encore une fois ce métro surpasse n'importe quel FPS pop-corn!!!Merci 4A games!!!!
  80. May 28, 2013
    Extremely fun game with brilliant graphics, atmosphere as well as a fantastic storyline. I played for hours on end and the stealth and combat mechanics are far superior to the Metro 2033 predecessor. Completely worth playing!
  81. May 28, 2013
    the game is really really nice...its bad that you dont get your weapons of choise from the first missions but still the game is amazing and in some parts really sad by hearing the stories of the poor people in the metro who just wait to die....
    i loves the game and i suggest you play it
  82. Jun 1, 2013
    I just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere so thick and deep that you would get stuck in it if you tried crawling in... which is the exact thing I recommend you do with this game... climb in, immerse yourself, get stuck in it until it's over. The game told an amazing story, the characters were great, the worlds were stunning, and every single element was crafted with utmost care.

I'd love the next Metro to be more open-world, closer to STALKER (because it's such an amazing series with dynamic gameplay, great sounds, lore, atmosphere etc.). Please, 4A Games! Give us more Metro above-Metro areas to explore and we'll gladly pay for another masterpiece.

Nonetheless, so far, this game is my Game of the Year 2013 and, without any doubts, my FPS of 2013. Thank you for your amazing efforts.
  83. Jun 1, 2013
    A game with atmosphere is a game you can truly immerse yourself in, and that is what Last Light decided to delight me with. With improved FPS mechanics and a compelling story, Metro is one of this generation's greats
  84. Jun 3, 2013
    Similar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this game is the random which I almost feel dumb for complaining about (they even jiggle!) but it doesn't feel contextualized or necessary. I fqing loved this game, felt a little hollow pit in my stomach when it ended (like with the last LOTR movie). Most of the game is relatively easy on normal mode with some nice frustratingly desperate battles. Just enough to keep me, an un-professional fps'er, having to repeat multiple times but always getting it done eventually. First rate story, first rate voice acting, top-o-the-fqing-line graphics, amazing story (for a video game), and a satisfying conclusion that leaves me anxious to play the next in what I hope is a series. A must play!

In fact, I'm going to play it again a second time now that I know something (no spoilers) that I didn't when I started, just to get the second ending (which I've already seen on youtube) just because I feel I owe it to the little Dark One! So good!
  85. Jun 2, 2013
    Metro 2033 is a good game, impress me very much, but Metro: Last Light is much better! Great graphics, nice music, perfect atmosphere (especially in the spiders' caves, and the final war),and the stories about human, monsters and dark ones, this is just an amazing game, I've finished this game two times since it's incredible, and I will play one more time to show to my brother.
  86. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is incredible! All you want and need in a game... It got action, horror great story! I became huge fan of this game... i'll definitely play it again!
  87. Jun 6, 2013
    The game is wonderful. For many years I been waiting something like this. The game is the same level as Half Life 2. Bioshock Infinite is a dead game with dead bots compared to Metro LL. I see the rating 8.9 of users for Metro LL against 8.6 for Bioshock. And I agree with users rather than critics who overrate Bioshock and underrate Metro LL.
    The game is a movie, theatre play, a novel.
    Bots are alive, I believe they are real people, I believe their motivation and behavior. They never repeat stupid phrases. They have nice face animation like in HL2. I sympathize with them, I worry about their fate.
    The game is a horror. Sometimes I feel very very terrified. And it has nice game-play. You must plan, search for decision, spare resources. Those bugs and errors I saw are nothing to influence my rate. This is the best game for the last 3 years. "10"
  88. Jun 7, 2013
    This game sets a new benchmark imo for PC graphics and atmosphere when the settings are fully cranked up, you need a strong setup to run it, I think the design and graphics needs a bafta in themselves, the apocalyptic destruction and distribution of objects and the level of detail everywhere is incredible, the consistency of object strewing across the environment is amazing, at no point did I see a lack of detail anywhere, the sheer textural beauty of the corrosion and dirt and dust and layering of organic detail cobwebs etc make this game so immersive, the outside environments are even more amazing, and everything is done to a very high standard compared to many other so called AAA titles, the gameplay is great the mechanics solid, the story and dialog works well, maybe they could be a little better as they're are a few stereotypes, some accuse the game of a little too much handholding story wise but to be honest people fresh to the series I think wont mind, as this aids with the flow of the story, as its not as open world as some would like, But I think in terms of what metro last light set out to do, I don't think there is much to compete with it polish wise so far or that they could have done better, and I think graphics and atmosphere wise this will be a benchmark test game for many moons to come. Though this my first review on metacritic dont be confused, I've been playing games since colossal cave adventure on an osborne luggable, this is a well made game. Expand
  89. Jun 12, 2013
    Awesome and underrated! We already experienced how awesome the scenario goes but of course it is from a novel. The graphics were also very great in the first game Metro 2033. But the gameplay was lame. It doesn't make you feel like firing a weapon. But in this game. Nothing is wrong. And... also the gameplay has become this game's new face!
  90. Jun 12, 2013
    Would even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get any more perfect. Great ending too. It gives you that feeling of wanting to cry and smile at the same time. Remarkable. Graphics are excellent. The soundtracks during gunfights are nice. Hot strippers and dancers. Even the guns! not overpowering. Very realistic. Honestly the best game i've played. Expand
  91. Jun 15, 2013
    Excellent and smooth graphics even on much higher details than recommended .
    I don't remember any serious bugs, and it was fun.
    Quite better than Metro 2033
  92. Jun 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction, but I cannot say this for everyone as it only offers two ending for replay value and no multiplayer. After hearing the conditions that 4A Games were forced to work under I find it incredible that this game was released with such high quality graphics and gunplay. Fantastic!

93. Jul 14, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  94. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is fantastic, i love the game play and story line. everything about this game is just survival and it plays its part very well. all the guns and different ways you can customize them. 10/10 no doubt
  95. Aug 4, 2013
    Besides some "western" touches, 4A Games delivers a very special and almost flawless game which proves that Eastern European development scene is here to stay.
  96. Aug 6, 2013
    Awesome. The gameplay is fun, The visuals are amazing and beautiful, The story is pretty good. However the English voice cringe worthy and I recommend Playing it in Russian. Also the immersion is amazing, It sucks you into the game. Definitely worth buying.
  97. Aug 15, 2013
    Positives: This game legit scares the crap out of me the way the Deadspace titles did. The environment just sucks you right in and is very immersive, and the plotline is fantastic. Combat mechanics are ok enough not to hinder with the story. Monsters are terrifying and tough. Ammo is limited and precious. Graphics and attention to detail are incredible. The game is a great balance between plot development and combat. Overall very well done.

Negatives: Just like the first Metro, very linear gameplay. I do understand that they want you to feel like nowhere is safe to stay and you need to keep moving, but Fallout accomplishes this and is still open-world. It was also just a very short game. I felt like I got to the end very quick, maybe 8 real hours of gameplay time if you drag it out. Lastly, I hate that your actions from the first game have ZERO impact on this one. I saved the dark ones in the first game, but you have no option to play the storyline as that outcome in this sequel.

Overall, I loved this game and I am stoked for the next sequel.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013