8.6

1. May 18, 2013
    A cut above other FPS games with a fantastic atmosphere. Some of the places you visit in the Metro are hellish, and the developers have done a great job of making them feel terrifying and threatening. Population centres like Venice are incredibly well done and I would recommend Ranger hardcore mode for more immersion. Graphics are amazing and no other game looks better on max settings. IA cut above other FPS games with a fantastic atmosphere. Some of the places you visit in the Metro are hellish, and the developers have done a great job of making them feel terrifying and threatening. Population centres like Venice are incredibly well done and I would recommend Ranger hardcore mode for more immersion. Graphics are amazing and no other game looks better on max settings. I have all settings maxed out at 1920x1080 apart from AA (using FXAA) and get rock solid 60 fps at all times with a GTX670 FTW sli system. There are plenty of games that don't look as good and where my system constantly stutters or drops to 40 fps (like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite), so it's clear the developers did a great job on the optimisation. They deserve huge credit for this game, although i won't give it 10/10 because the storyline was not perfect. Expand
  2. May 23, 2013
    This game is honestly one of the best games that I have played. Period. The story was incredible, though slightly lacking at the beginning and end. The AI was a major step up from the last game, with it not being able to telepathically communicate your exact position to every person in the metro, while still being difficult enough that you can't just sit around while you are sneaking. TheThis game is honestly one of the best games that I have played. Period. The story was incredible, though slightly lacking at the beginning and end. The AI was a major step up from the last game, with it not being able to telepathically communicate your exact position to every person in the metro, while still being difficult enough that you can't just sit around while you are sneaking. The atmosphere was amazing, being dismal with rays of hope appearing at times, helping you immerse even further in the universe. 1 or 2 glitches, but that can be expected from nearly any major game. Great guns and gunplay, with the SAIGA 12 being the most awesome thing for clearing out mutants and armies devised by man. The karma system was very different; it doesn't tell you how you are being rated, or when you are being rated, or even whether that particular action matters in the whole scheme or not, almost like in the real world, though they could have added more opportunities to use this system. Overall, amazing! Expand
  3. May 23, 2013
    Its so beautiful and atmospheric game. Its almost everything I want from nowadays FTP game.
    If you want deep and masterfully created game, try this one and you would be disapointed.
  4. May 23, 2013
    The game has it's own charm, holy-wood `s actions stay far behind, I mean what do you do in modern actions? Shoot, run, shoot, cutscene, today they attacking White house, tomorrow Kremlin, so pop, so Justin Bieber, enough I don't wanna play this way, something real, with it's own heart beating. Strongly recommend, enjoy.
  5. cra
    May 23, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodlerThis game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodler comparable to this masterpiece. I'm pretty sure that Metro is just the best game this year. Expand
  6. May 25, 2013
    So I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderfulSo I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderful sounds. There is only one problem I have with this game, and that's that most of the voice actors from the first game were replaced, so characters brought back from the first game don't have the same voices they originally had, except for one character. But I felt this complaint was so insignificant, it shouldn't impact my rating on this game. But that isn't why I've decided to write this review. I wrote this review because I wanted to address some of the main complaints people have with this game:

1) BAD ACTING: A lot of reviews says this game has terrible acting. While I agree that it isn't the best, I will say the the acting is very good and that it really doesn't distract you from the immersion.

2) BAD STORY: I'm assuming that everyone who said this game has a bad story has never played the first game "Metro 2033". The story was incredible, and the sequel really does a good job at continuing the story and staying true to the book series.

3) LINEAR GAMEPLAY: This is the biggest complaint I see about this game. People go out and by this game and expect "Fallout" in Russia. No one ever said this game was an open world game, so buying it and not liking it is your fault for not reading the description of the game. The argument that "Metro: Last Light is bad because it is linear" holds as much water as the statement "Country music is bad because it isn't Rock music." This game is supposed to be linear. Its telling an amazing story that can only be told in a linear game.

This game is absolutely amazing, and deserves to be played by all. For some, this doesn't seem like its worth 60 dollars, which is understandable, its hard to pay that much for a game you might only play once or twice. I personally would have paid 100 dollars for this game, because I plan on several play-throughs. After all, I played 186 hours of Metro 2033, and I've already beaten Metro:LL four times, going on five. But anyways, Buy it now, buy it when its on sale, it doesn't matter. Just play this game.
  7. May 25, 2013
    What atmosphere wow! Hats off to the creators of this game for creating such a great world that has only been reached by the likes of the Half Life series. Metro Last Light is an Alice in Wonderland in a post apocalyptic setting where there is always something new to see. Beautiful in its own regard and rich in detail to the point where you are hesitant to just walk by without catching allWhat atmosphere wow! Hats off to the creators of this game for creating such a great world that has only been reached by the likes of the Half Life series. Metro Last Light is an Alice in Wonderland in a post apocalyptic setting where there is always something new to see. Beautiful in its own regard and rich in detail to the point where you are hesitant to just walk by without catching all the little things done.
    Fantastic game!
  8. May 25, 2013
    I don't really care that much about the DLC Ranger Mode thingy. I got the ranger mode and it was really worth it. This game is much better than the first. The graphics are stunning and the story is awesome. I completely loved every second of this game. I hope they're making a sequel. :D
  9. May 26, 2013
    This series has a great storyline. I found the first game to be more immersive and a bit more engrossing, but this sequel doesn't disappoint. I think one of the most impressive feats of this game, the first and the second, is to take a beat to death storyline concept (post-nuclear apocalypse) and make it engaging and thought provoking, and really fun, all in one. Not easy to do, andThis series has a great storyline. I found the first game to be more immersive and a bit more engrossing, but this sequel doesn't disappoint. I think one of the most impressive feats of this game, the first and the second, is to take a beat to death storyline concept (post-nuclear apocalypse) and make it engaging and thought provoking, and really fun, all in one. Not easy to do, and they did it marvelously. Expand
  10. May 26, 2013
    This game is just great. It does a great job of immersing you in that world while also having a great story,
    gameplay, and atmosphere, along with a creepy dim-lit environment and some really neat survival horror elements. It just fails to deliver a challenging stealth mechanic and i still feel like some of the characters could use more work, like Anna, of which Artyom starts caring about her out of nowhere.
  11. May 23, 2013
    Not only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. INot only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes playing action,adventure and choice making games. Expand
  12. May 18, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a great game marred by clunky gunfights and some bad design decision. I'm happy to report that Last Light improves the overall game play by leaps and bounds. The gun fights are a joy and the level design is far more coherent and varied.
    Night vision is now useful and you can customise your guns with some good add-ons. It is now worth spending your currency in things other than bullets.
    The actual game play is great. You will go through enemy infested tunnels, swamps and ruins. You're encouraged to go stealthy and take out enemies one by one because once you go Rambo, you'll learn very quickly that your enemies are quite competent at kicking your butt.
    One thing that may be seen as a negative is that your trips to the surface are no longer mad, desperate dashes for survival like in 2033. But considering that Artyom is now a fully fledge ranger, it makes sense.

Don't let the fact that this is a sequel put you off. You do not need to play Metro 2033 put you enjoy Last Light. This is an outstanding game which when you consider the difficult conditions the Ukrainian devs had to work under, makes it even more impressive.
  13. May 18, 2013
    Started the campaign at 7:30 PM ET and completed it at 4:30 AM ET...truly an experience i wont forget. I was immersed throughout the whole game and was lost from the moment i set foot in The Metro.
  14. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante andThe high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  15. May 19, 2013
    The game has a unbelievable atmosphere that beats any game that has come out this year. The combat is a huge step up to 2033. The amount of side activities is huge.The game does suffers from frame rate drops. Which in this game were its about immersing its just takes you right out. If this was fixed the game would be a 10 out of 10.
  16. May 19, 2013
    This game is very good especially if you considering the problems 4A have. The game can easily make you lost in it and it has outside influences especially listening around(if you read a lot of books and know your history you will know what I am talking about). The game was made my opinion that it is a masterpiece after I played it the second time playing and exploring the game evenThis game is very good especially if you considering the problems 4A have. The game can easily make you lost in it and it has outside influences especially listening around(if you read a lot of books and know your history you will know what I am talking about). The game was made my opinion that it is a masterpiece after I played it the second time playing and exploring the game even further than the first run. The game was worth it to get, too bad that 4A has problems when making the game. I only had put 9/10 because there is always room for improvement. Expand
  17. May 19, 2013
    Metro last light was amazing. The game is beautiful as well as the action packed cut scenes. I hate seeing people hate on this game. I honestly don't understand all the negatives. I think there're just disappointed their rigs cant handle this game. Stupid nubs
  18. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  19. May 23, 2013
    4A Games can be pride of Metro: Last Light. Unique atmosphere... No! I actually love this game and Metro 2033 because it's so nice when characters call you by your name I want more!
  20. May 24, 2013
    Metro: Last Light:
    Best atmosphere that I‘ve seen in games ever.
    Good cut-scenes in Call of Duty stile.
    Nice level design and very interesting storytelling.
  21. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  22. May 18, 2013
    The gameplay of this one is amazing. It has good atmosphere and it feels like it was real. The story is pretty neat. There are only 2 things I don't like about this game: The english speech files were really unrealistic. So I play with the russian ones with english text. And also there are many lags. I have a really good pc but it still is lagging some times.
    It still is one of the best
    It still is one of the best survival-fps-games I've ever played.
  23. May 23, 2013
    Best game i have ever seen! Thanks Dmitry Gluhovsky and Andrey Prohorov and all developers 4A Games! YOU are the best. Waiting new game from you Good Luck!
  24. May 17, 2013
    If you want a good story driven atmospheric shooter, you won't find anything better than metro last light. Everything from the rain and blood spatter on your gas mask, to your ragged breathing as you run out of time on your filter serves to draw you into the experience. They've also tightened up the gunplay and the stealth mechanic, mostly fixing Metro 2033's biggest weak point, which wasIf you want a good story driven atmospheric shooter, you won't find anything better than metro last light. Everything from the rain and blood spatter on your gas mask, to your ragged breathing as you run out of time on your filter serves to draw you into the experience. They've also tightened up the gunplay and the stealth mechanic, mostly fixing Metro 2033's biggest weak point, which was lackluster combat. Even when there not environmental dangers abound the game is packed with tons of NPC dialogue that fleshes the world of Last Light, and you can hear some heartwarming and plenty of heartbreaking moments by taking the time to listen in on these stories. Add to this a compelling main plot and you've got the best FPS I've played in at least the last 5 years.

It's not perfect however. The stealth, while fun, is incredibly easy as you're essentially invisible if you're in the shadows even if an enemy is a meter in front of you, which makes the game pretty easy (I played on Hardcore FYI) if you're playing it stealthily. The English voice acting (especially the children) is also pretty bad by today's standards. I know a lot of people say play this in Russian with subtitles, and I'd agree if not for the fact that much of the dialogue between NPCs isn't covered by subtitles, and there's a lot of good world building in those conversations. So I'd say play it in English if bad voice acting isn't a huge deal to you. It was also a bit unstable on my PC. It took me around 11 hours to beat the game, and it crashed to the desktop 5 times, twice during the last level, so until a patch comes out you can probably expect some bugs.

Overall, any faults I find with Last Light are more than made up for in what it achieves. I wanted a deeply atmospheric shooter that took it's themes, atmosphere, and gameplay seriously, and Metro Last Light deliver that in spades. It creates a world oozing atmosphere out of every nook and cranny, and when you are playing this at night with the lights out there are few games that I've found more immersive.

If you want a good idea what Metro Last Light is all about for yourself, watch the opening video on youtube http://tinyurl.com/cldpp2t There's no spoilers, no big war, no monsters, no evil person getting a magic macguffin, none of the usual stuff games usually throw at you before the title screen to try and hook you. Just a depressing tale of what has become of humanity and what one person has lost, and if you're anything like me, it'll suck you into the world of Metro like nothing else.
  25. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their ownGreat game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  27. Jun 4, 2013
    If the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant IIf the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant I jump over this, go under that, I dont want to chose x I want to chose y....but the best immersion I have had in a game is worth that.

You care about your gear, you fear monsters, you think about moral choices, you feel a bit naughty in the stip club, fatherly to the the kids and brave like one of the warriors. There's really nothing more needs saying because the game play that leads you to bother about these things must be brilliant to achieve this.

This game sets a new benchmark for me, graphically and most of all confidence wise. What I mean by confidence is that nowadays any game makers at some point seem to get bored, decide to make us like what they like, rush, or just plain act stupid. This is something that has been thought out, and executed very, very nearly perfectly, without compromise.

It hits standards I haven't seen a game hit in years. It does so on release date. Immediately into my top 5 games of all time, yes its linear but that is an absolutely necessary compromise. I think the title of linear fps is a bit glib and outdated, I think this is the first truly successful attempt at combining film and computer game; placing you as the star. Enjoy.
  28. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  29. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative,My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  30. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silentlyThe game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  31. May 18, 2013
    Excellent Combat Excellent Environment Excellent Story This game wasn't made by some rich American corporation but a smaller Ukrainian one, and for the resources they had, they made a game that surpasses games with budgets 10X larger.
  32. May 21, 2013
    Как молодцы.
    Я
  33. May 23, 2013
    Best atmosphere, best shooter, best game.
    Awesome game.
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10.
    It's hard to find a game with such a fantastic dive into the world.
  34. May 23, 2013
    Hi guys. I'm from Russia, and this game I really liked, because it is the best game created by the developers of the post-Soviet. I am very glad that in the West there are fans too.
    PS: Sorry for my English
  35. May 24, 2013
    ждал....понравилась....10 10....атмосферный
  36. Jun 3, 2013
    Metro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different andMetro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different and unique shooter. Expand
  37. Jun 2, 2013
    Though, this game is not ideal and has some minor drawbacks (for example check-points), it totally deserves 10 points, because of its atmosphere, detailed world, rich characters and interesting plot. And also because of the fact that this game was made with so little a budget and yet can be compared with major titles with large budgets. We need more games like this!
  38. May 16, 2013
    Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and now Metro Last Light. This year of starting was good for Single FPS campaign genre games. I did play Metro 2033, that was quite interesting but little bit boring at some times because of slow story but the fear and thriller in Metro 2033 was great i enjoyed it and i bought this Metro LL on release date and this game is success to it's previous title. ATomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and now Metro Last Light. This year of starting was good for Single FPS campaign genre games. I did play Metro 2033, that was quite interesting but little bit boring at some times because of slow story but the fear and thriller in Metro 2033 was great i enjoyed it and i bought this Metro LL on release date and this game is success to it's previous title. A deep story pretty much things to explore and understanding all the meanings of each thing and missions is little complicated. Then comes time you have to take decisions.

If you are one of them who is bored because of "Artyom do this do that, sure it has lot of dialogues and follow up" and you can't go anywhere else but that's how game suppose to be, it also gives pretty much things to explore, if one knows where to look. This game is about story telling and keeping up pace with that too. MLL didn't bore be on some occasions like Metro 2033 did and i did all my mission in stealth type Hardcore ranger mode. It was intense fighting the Reds, Reich and Monsters. Give it a try this game is good. I rate this game no.1 followed by is BioShock Infinite and then comes Tomb Raider!
  39. May 18, 2013
    I think this game doesn't deserve score 10 like any other game, but when i see nonsense like Bioshock infinite with so high scores I'm gonna give 10 to Metro LL.

I have small problems with AI in this game. NPC AI should be more aggressive, especially if developers throw surviving concept in game. It should really force you to use stealth. Sure, for casual player there is always low

Sure, for casual player there is always low difficulty level.
  40. May 16, 2013
    Just awesome.
    This game, and these developers really are the last hope for PC gaming. They are the only people producing games to the quality which we expect in 2013.
    Just awesome.

The story, setting, atmosphere, graphics, are all sublime. The gun play is very good, the stealth is very good. It is your DUTY if you appreciate PC games, to buy this and support the developers. We cannot let EA and Activision dominate the market when really their best efforts are LAZY by comparison to the makers of Metro.

Frankly this is the best game ive played in years, there is so much love which has gone into it. From texture quality to little jokes such as the russian-doll-box, to the sheer amount of detail in the environments and audio. It is a real meaty enthralling experience i am only too happy to engrose myself with.

I could have knocked a point or two off, for the shadow flickering bugs which i suffered as an ATI user, but the developers have been very quick to release a patch to fix it, and everything is working extremely slick now, no bugs, no crashes.

9.6/10

I have rounded up.
  41. May 23, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033.
  42. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  43. May 23, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a really great sequel to a really great game. The graphics look amazing, the gunplay has improved a lot from Metro 2033, the story is great and it runs great on my 6670.
  44. May 23, 2013
    Excellent game, great story, great gameplay, many improvements over the first game. Definitely a must play game. I don't like the way they removed a difficulty setting and charging it money but at least they haven't removed anything important like in some other games (like that alien in ME3).
  45. May 17, 2013
    After spending just a couple of hours with it, the pros outweigh the cons by FAR. Last Light proves that Metro 2033 was not a fluke, the guys at 4A clearly listened to the community. Stealth sequences are really good and so on... What is truly difficult to pull off is intense gunplay and 4A have vastly improved on the shooting mechanics of the original. F.E.A.R. is a good comparison.After spending just a couple of hours with it, the pros outweigh the cons by FAR. Last Light proves that Metro 2033 was not a fluke, the guys at 4A clearly listened to the community. Stealth sequences are really good and so on... What is truly difficult to pull off is intense gunplay and 4A have vastly improved on the shooting mechanics of the original. F.E.A.R. is a good comparison. Tense, claustrophobic and urgent shootouts.

I am aware of the various tech issues unfortunately surrounding the game and I read a lot of pre-release articles and visited the Steam LL forum many times, doubting whether my PC would run it. I played 2033 on my current rig utilizing a very modest and outdated ATI HD4770. Last Light looks and runs noticeably better. Admittedly I have to keep the gfx settings at Normal but it is hard to believe how well the game runs. Steady FPS and the atmosphere is still intact. Clever configuration and subtle overclocking goes a very very long way. Point being ATI users need not fear, especially those with dignified GPUs.

LL is to 2033 as ME2 is to ME1. I was at first a bit wary of the Hollywood bombast running throughout ME2 with combat replacing most of the RPG elements but it made sense in the context of the game. Last Light is bigger and bolder. It is incredibly linear, but there are plenty of games that give you free reign and let you run amok. The narrative is good enough. The gameplay is thrilling and the atmosphere is unbeatable.
  46. May 27, 2013
    The best FPS ever. you robbing yourself if you miss this game. No matter what genre is your favourite this game will leave you speechless. get it right now.
  47. May 16, 2013
    The best FPS ever made!
    Yes, for me it's the best FPS game that ever made, far much better than BioShock, battlefield, of course, COD.
    The sound, the view, the details... Can't be more exciting for such a wonderful game.
  48. May 21, 2013
    If you have GTX Nvidia you'll get one of the best looking games out there. Great atmosphere, improved game play & stealth, unique guns, shooting is easily the best this year so far! Also one of the best horror I've ever played. Enemies are challenging. Levels design is amazing.
    Not perfect though, could have been more open. Great game overall
  49. May 16, 2013
    Metro: Last Light's take on a post apocalyptic world strips away a lot of the tongue-and-cheek (Fallout/Rage) and Saturday morning cartoon (Borderlands/Bulletstorm) and instead creates a bleak yet beautiful world that wouldn't be at all fun to live in. It's darker and grittier setting straddles the line between horror, science fiction, and mms and does so very well.
    The story, much
    The story, much like Metro 2033's, is a linear narrative driven one, which you once again take up the role of Artyom, a skilled ranger who is more often than not used as a pawn. This story begins after the events of Metro 2033 and ties into the choices made in that games conclusion. What really sells this story is the masterfully crafted world in which it takes place. It draws you in and makes the experience very immersive.
    Pros Graphic Fidelity. World Design. Animations. Story. Sound. Gameplay.
    Cons: Average English Voice Acting. Average A.I.
  50. May 19, 2013
    This is game of the year. I just love this series. I have read the books i have played all games. And last light isn't a disappointment. It is better in every aspect.
  51. May 15, 2013
    Let's be honest, the ommision of Ranger Mode is stupid. It can be circumvented, and I plan on doing that. (Or, they will come to their senses) This game is fantastic, visually stunning, and frighting. I cannot stress enough what a great sequel this is. They deserve your money.
  52. May 15, 2013
    Great game, "DLC" aside this was a great continuation to metro 2033. This game is great with options of game-play, wanna sneak by everyone? go ahead. wanna paint the walls red? Uh...guess that's okay too. While there are not too many options when it comes to graphics, it does have all the others to give you quite a bit of customization. Combat is a very good quality and a fun weaponGreat game, "DLC" aside this was a great continuation to metro 2033. This game is great with options of game-play, wanna sneak by everyone? go ahead. wanna paint the walls red? Uh...guess that's okay too. While there are not too many options when it comes to graphics, it does have all the others to give you quite a bit of customization. Combat is a very good quality and a fun weapon customization gives plenty of options for how you wanna play.

will note: there are several scenes with the boobies, parents have been warned :)

a comment to those complaining about the ranger dlc, I would like to point to a statistic about metro 2033 ranger mode. With steam, only 1.5% of the players completed easy ranger and 1.7% completed hard ranger mode. So you should ask, is it a mode I WOULD/OTHERS WOULD actually play? or is EASY>MEDIUM>HARD enough for most.

PS- I do not support what THQ put up for dlc before it changed hands.
  53. May 14, 2013
    deep dive into USSR world. Cool story, nice graphic, awesome actor voice(english with russian accent), atmosphere. Allot unexpected moments, different locations, cut scenes and characters.
    One word: Must have!
  54. May 16, 2013
    This game deserves >9. It pushes modern hardware (somewhat), it has an excellent story, it is novel, thought provocative, and intelligent. And it ends with an uplifting message.
    Don't shy away from from the unknown. Have the courage to try something--something that you may not understand. Play this game.
  55. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1.This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  56. May 15, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are allMetro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are all top notch, especially areas where you get to leave the metro and go to the surface. MetroLL has to be one of the most beautiful pc games I have ever played. I do own the xbox version as well and I have to give credit to 4A games for making a game look this good on pc/consoles. The guns all have a real world feeling to them and the hit detection is much better than in the previous game. The stealth gameplay is much better this time around and allows you to play the game the way you want to. You can go in guns blazing or conserve ammo for the surface and kill quietly in the shadows. MetroLL is a great game that shouldn't be missed if you like a good singleplayer immersive experience. 4A games did a great job on this game and proved that there are a lot of talented developers in Europe. Expand
  57. May 16, 2013
    One of the best looking games so far bar none. What they did with lighting, shadows, particles was just amazing. The game does a great job of pacing you along, it does get a bit linear at times but the way it is done more then makes up for that.

Keep in mind that at the time of this writing SSAA is just a pure system killer, basically you will have twice the frame-rate at 2X SSAA then you would 4x SSAA. While it can still be played like that it can cause more then undesirable fps in game, with the occasional dip going way low at times.
  58. May 16, 2013
    Despite some technical bugs I cannot find a single problem with Metro Last Light. One of the best games this generation, and probably one of the greatest of all time, right up there with Bioshock and Metroid Prime.
  59. May 15, 2013
    The two games in the Metro series have that rare honor of being games that people either immediately hate or love. This is true for both 2033 and Last Light. Especially Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my favorite all time games, being insanely difficult at times and horribly unforgiving and unique. Very unique. While Last Light continues in the vein of its predecessor its different.The two games in the Metro series have that rare honor of being games that people either immediately hate or love. This is true for both 2033 and Last Light. Especially Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my favorite all time games, being insanely difficult at times and horribly unforgiving and unique. Very unique. While Last Light continues in the vein of its predecessor its different. I love the atmosphere. The sets, the lighting, the creatures, the tension and the shooting are really second to none. The weapons are so well developed and enjoyable to shoot that it actually rises from the predecessor. The story is driven by eaves dropping and it demands.... no it REQUIRES patience to get the full story. While the story is linear, if you stick to just running from station to station and don't take chances with your air filters and your life by exploring you will miss the best part of this game.

Where it fails is in fully exploring the developing factions and that would have required a MUCH longer game. While I have not completed it yet (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through? I just arrived at the church outpost.) and I have clocked 10 hours on the game. It would have been a great addition to have more areas to explore. Perhaps that can be added as a DLC a true DLC and not the Ranger mode controversy. I get why 4A and Deep Silver made that decision to not limit content and not to make it time sensitive but having more areas to explore would add a lot to the game.

The voice acting is very hit and miss. At first I could not believe that Artyom was the same actor. The voice was much more confident, less bleak and more powerful. But that actual fits the maturing of Artyom from an inexperienced young buck with a wicked aim and tough as nails into a a true Ranger.

The game, and I have to emphasize this, is drop dead gorgeous. The lighting is spectacular. The sound is top notch with a great score. I also have to emphasize that the AI, on Normal at least, goes brain dead if you are successful with stealth which is not as difficult as you would think. Woe be to those who would engage in an all out fire fight in some sections. The human enemies have unbelievably good aim, work to flank you and, of course since its just you, they focus fire and take you down quickly if you botch it or are so foolish ans to start shooting with limited cover. So stealth is for humans, guns and bombs a blazing for beasts. The new mutant creatures are brilliant and difficult. Fighting is frantic, particularly on the surface where you not only need to manage your sparse ammo (not as sparse on normal as it was in 2033 however) and track your filter time. Its a brilliant way to make the game have real tension and express the panic of a fire fight no matter how tough you are.

I also really appreciated being able to explore the stations and the lives of those in the Metro. It feels very real. While some may be offended by the treatment of women in the game it is NOT unbelievable AT ALL. Some women are tough as nails like Anna the sniper, but others become victims of a horribly transformed world.

The story is very compelling and this is a game of immersion. If you don't like story and taking your time, you will NOT like this game. I look forward to a second play through on Ranger mode. Unlike its predecessor, playing on normal does not feel that hard at least not as hard as 2033. It feels more normal as a challenge instead just damn HARD and confusing.

This is a great survival game with a great story that I hope we will have more of.
  60. May 14, 2013
    I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal.I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal. Stealth and combat are largely unchanged, with a couple of new weapons added. I feel it's worth mentioning that normal and hard difficulties are still sort of easy. Probably the most common complaint about 2033 was that it was sort of linear Last Light remedies that with some truly well done, open outdoor maps. Some downsides are that the game doesn't play nice with AMD cards (nothing too major, just shadow flickering) and they removed the armor specializations. Bottom line, if you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will like Last Light just as much, if not more. Expand
  61. May 15, 2013
    Awesome game.
    Great graphics, good optimization, great gameplay, Interesting story.
    I really hope that the series will not end on this game.
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games.
  62. May 15, 2013
    I literally just beat (no spoilers here). At first I wasn't sure how I would rate it since I need the full picture before rating anything. However, once I completed it I was in awe of how great it was. 4A added in amazing features such as requiring you to wipe your visor when it is splattered in blood. It also looks great, just make sure your pc is up to specs first. Combat was made muchI literally just beat (no spoilers here). At first I wasn't sure how I would rate it since I need the full picture before rating anything. However, once I completed it I was in awe of how great it was. 4A added in amazing features such as requiring you to wipe your visor when it is splattered in blood. It also looks great, just make sure your pc is up to specs first. Combat was made much more fluid than in 2033 and stealth is more practical now that more fires can be extinguished and the knife was redesigned to compliment stealth (which I recommend is done at all times, especially when playing Ranger Mode).

It does have a few problems though. These include the fact that is a very labor intensive game, therefore make sure you have a good computer before playing. Also, it irks me that I can't switch a scope between weapons; you have to sell the scope and then re-buy it for the weapon you want it on. The Ranger Mode complaints are understandable, but it is not necessary to play the game.

However, these do not detract enough to lessen the awesomeness that is Metro: Last Light.
  63. May 16, 2013
    Love it. The Metro Last light is a great game on every aspect. Most thrilling for me is the story. The game, unlike many shooters encourages people to act good as your constantly been judged by higher entity. Flashes occure when you listen peoples concerns, play music to communicate with god and spare lives no matter how flawed they are. Metro is unique first person shooter where on aLove it. The Metro Last light is a great game on every aspect. Most thrilling for me is the story. The game, unlike many shooters encourages people to act good as your constantly been judged by higher entity. Flashes occure when you listen peoples concerns, play music to communicate with god and spare lives no matter how flawed they are. Metro is unique first person shooter where on a surface it`s like a b-movie script where you kill the nazis and save the babes, but exploring more the symbolism and the lore of this universe you find that acting selfless and sparing lives of those who are flawed or different is the only way to be enlightened and redeemed in gods mind. The title just hits the spot "Last light". Few of good games. Expand
  64. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *SOME STORY SPOILERS BELOW*

Now I haven't finished this game yet but I can't help but write about how much I love it. It is more or less more of Metro 2033 but it's bigger, better, and one of the best shooters I've played so far. The story will have moments that will make you feel many things, from the shocking plane crash flashback to that funny talent show with several awesome acts to watch. There are also a couple memorable companions that will aid you that aren't throwaways like many of the ones in Metro 2033. The overall plot is similar to 2033 though in that you play a guy tasked with wiping out a mysterious alien species. There's more of the communist and nazi faction stuff though as well.

The stealth has been drastically improved from 2033 with a detection meter and smart enemy AI that will react to dead bodies and sound.

There aren't really any new guns but the returning ones still feel great to use and have impact. My personal favourite is the revolving shotgun, which is great for taking down mutants. Speaking of mutants there are a few new types like the creepy spider things that can only be killed by shining a light on them to reveal their soft bellies and a swimming shrimp creature that inhabits some of the swampy areas you'll come across.

The trolley cart sections are back but this time you'll get your own little go kart to ride a long the tunnels for a bit, which you're free to stop at any time to explore some optional tunnels that have ammo and money to find. The game world is still pretty linear, but there are a fair number of optional areas you can explore. The towns have more to do in them as well, including a couple mini games and more interesting conversations to listen in on.

I should also not forget to mention the atmosphere of the game which is absolutely amazing as it was in 2033. There are dark and eerie tunnels, warm and welcoming large town stations that are absolutely filled with NPC's and little conversations going on, and the eerily beautiful yet harsh surface of Moscow with ruined buildings and the remains of St. Basil's cathredal. Not even the wastelands in Fallout or Rage can top the beauty of Metro's Moscow. It's brought to life by the 4A engine that has spectacular lighting and dynamic animations. The sound design of the game is excellent as well. It relies more on ambient sound effects but there are some soft guitar tunes and some suspenseful music for the horror based sections. Not to mention the russian folk music on radios :P

Overall it's a must own game that delivers a fantastic atmosphere, great stealth and combat mechanics, and a compelling narrative full of twists and memorable moments. I haven't encountered any flaws worth mentioning yet except for an annoying bug that makes shadows all pixelated. I will update this review once I have finished the game, as I'm only about half way through so far.
  65. May 15, 2013
    never beat 2033. while better, not needed to understand last light. i hate fps, and all i have to say about this game, is worthy of the score i am giving it. A complete blast, intense. there are no shallow moments, it has better stealth than spilnter cell ffs.

inceridble atmosphere, gunplay, difficulty, all well paced and very well acted. Optimization is not the best, but if you can run it, you are going to absolutely love it, guaranteed.
  66. May 26, 2013
    One of the BEST games I played so far this year! Its as good as Bioshock but takes place in Moscow. Amazing story and gameplay. The shooting is awesome!
  67. May 15, 2013
    This game is really good. Loved the story, gameplay, and graphics. There are some minor problems though:
    1) shadow bugs on amd radeon, poor fps on amd radeon
    1) shadow bugs on amd radeon, poor fps on amd radeon
    2) the game is rather easy- i've beaten it on ranger hardcore and it didn't feel like something hard. Sometimes the AI amazes me, but sometimes i'm like facepalm when a guys walks on me in twilight- not darkness and doesn't feel my presence at all rofl.
    3) graphics looked amazing with the play of light and shadow all over, the design felt really good too.
  68. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9,The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  69. May 18, 2013
    This game did one thing phenomenally well and that was to tell a dark, intelligent, and truly compelling and rich story. The guns were good and felt right the character you play moves throughout the world nicely and it feels truly unique that you are in fact a part of your environment as it does affect you.
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is that sometimes the A.I. can be totally moronic and this often would make it easier than perhaps it should have been even in ranger mode on hard.
  70. Aug 21, 2014
    Awesome graphic textures and atmosphere, pretty good performance, a good story, a fairly long campaign, and retains the gritty Metro feel that was present in the previous game.
  71. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both areMetro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  72. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  73. Jun 8, 2013
    I found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent butI found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent but nothing ground breaking, with careful use of stealth you can easily take them out or sneak by, creatures are much harder to evade, indeed most of my deaths were caused by creatures. The audio and voice acting is very good and quite atmospheric throughout the game. There are no real negatives to this game having only experienced a single crash, overall I would highly recommend. Expand
  74. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  75. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  76. May 18, 2013
    The game is a worthy sequel to Metro 2033, and in most aspects it's better, feeling more polished. The story is very good, although the ending was quite not what I expected, yet it leaves lots of questions to be answered in a future sequel. The atmosphere and overall feel are very impressive, and reflects the slavic melancholy to the player in a unique way.

On a graphical side, the game

On a graphical side, the game is very pretty, like was the first game. I haven't measured framerates, but it feels like it runs a bit smoother than the 2033. I have an AMD video card, and the game was given a patch regarding issues with Radeons, and ever since the game has been running well on my rig.

Sound-wise, it's pretty much the same as the first game in the series. I switched character speaking language to russian, just for giving me a better and more authentic immersion of the game world. Music also works well, changing in pace and intensity as the player is in action, and diminishing alike when things cool down. Like before, monsters do make growling noises, which in turn warns the player of their proximity.

My criticism comes mostly from the same things that others have mentioned bad AI at times, (english) voice acting (I prefer the russian), too much hand-holding and scripted situations which make it feel like an interactive film (this gets lesser later in the game). I've also encountered a couple of crashes, but since the game has bees out just a few days at the time of this review, fixes are likely to come in the future.

If you liked Metro 2033, you'll definitely like this, even though this has taken a little more mainstream approach on certain things. The single player took me about 10 hours to complete on medium difficulty on my first play-through, so it isn't that long of a game, but I'm willing to replay it a couple more times, at least for now.
  77. Jun 7, 2013
    Don't look at Critic Reviews. This game is underrated.
  78. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me reallyAnother awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  79. May 27, 2013
    I adore the gloomy atmosphere of the game. Now it's even better and more realistic than in Metro 2033. To me it's the best game I have played ever except Doom 1. And the bonus is as you may find in Internet those real places in Moscow and compare how they look like in our world.
  80. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  81. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing UltraThis game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing Ultra without AA on a GTX 560. Gameplay is solid and tight and again an improvement over its predecessor. 10/10 without a doubt. Expand
  82. May 26, 2013
    Metro LL is a solid survival shooter. It is linear, although it does offer some pretty decent replay value due to the difficulty options. The story is incredible, combat is fun, graphics are nice. Worth the money.
  83. May 23, 2013
    10 балов.
    ВЫ сюжетом.
    Хотя
  84. May 27, 2013
    Ayant adoré metro 2033 je ne pouvais que faire celui-ci, et quel jeux!!!Ambiance de dingue!Histoire de dingue!Je déplore juste une IA trés faiblarde mais c'est tout.Sinon encore une fois ce métro surpasse n'importe quel FPS pop-corn!!!Merci 4A games!!!!
  85. May 28, 2013
    Extremely fun game with brilliant graphics, atmosphere as well as a fantastic storyline. I played for hours on end and the stealth and combat mechanics are far superior to the Metro 2033 predecessor. Completely worth playing!
  86. May 28, 2013
    the game is really really nice...its bad that you dont get your weapons of choise from the first missions but still the game is amazing and in some parts really sad by hearing the stories of the poor people in the metro who just wait to die....
    i loves the game and i suggest you play it
  87. Jun 1, 2013
    I just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere soI just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere so thick and deep that you would get stuck in it if you tried crawling in... which is the exact thing I recommend you do with this game... climb in, immerse yourself, get stuck in it until it's over. The game told an amazing story, the characters were great, the worlds were stunning, and every single element was crafted with utmost care.

I'd love the next Metro to be more open-world, closer to STALKER (because it's such an amazing series with dynamic gameplay, great sounds, lore, atmosphere etc.). Please, 4A Games! Give us more Metro above-Metro areas to explore and we'll gladly pay for another masterpiece.

Nonetheless, so far, this game is my Game of the Year 2013 and, without any doubts, my FPS of 2013. Thank you for your amazing efforts.
  88. Jun 1, 2013
    A game with atmosphere is a game you can truly immerse yourself in, and that is what Last Light decided to delight me with. With improved FPS mechanics and a compelling story, Metro is one of this generation's greats
  89. Jun 3, 2013
    Similar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this gameSimilar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this game is the random which I almost feel dumb for complaining about (they even jiggle!) but it doesn't feel contextualized or necessary. I fqing loved this game, felt a little hollow pit in my stomach when it ended (like with the last LOTR movie). Most of the game is relatively easy on normal mode with some nice frustratingly desperate battles. Just enough to keep me, an un-professional fps'er, having to repeat multiple times but always getting it done eventually. First rate story, first rate voice acting, top-o-the-fqing-line graphics, amazing story (for a video game), and a satisfying conclusion that leaves me anxious to play the next in what I hope is a series. A must play!

In fact, I'm going to play it again a second time now that I know something (no spoilers) that I didn't when I started, just to get the second ending (which I've already seen on youtube) just because I feel I owe it to the little Dark One! So good!
  90. Jun 2, 2013
    Metro 2033 is a good game, impress me very much, but Metro: Last Light is much better! Great graphics, nice music, perfect atmosphere (especially in the spiders' caves, and the final war),and the stories about human, monsters and dark ones, this is just an amazing game, I've finished this game two times since it's incredible, and I will play one more time to show to my brother.
  91. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is incredible! All you want and need in a game... It got action, horror great story! I became huge fan of this game... i'll definitely play it again!
  92. Jun 12, 2013
    Awesome and underrated! We already experienced how awesome the scenario goes but of course it is from a novel. The graphics were also very great in the first game Metro 2033. But the gameplay was lame. It doesn't make you feel like firing a weapon. But in this game. Nothing is wrong. And... also the gameplay has become this game's new face!
  93. Jun 12, 2013
    Would even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get anyWould even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get any more perfect. Great ending too. It gives you that feeling of wanting to cry and smile at the same time. Remarkable. Graphics are excellent. The soundtracks during gunfights are nice. Hot strippers and dancers. Even the guns! not overpowering. Very realistic. Honestly the best game i've played. Expand
  94. Jun 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction,Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction, but I cannot say this for everyone as it only offers two ending for replay value and no multiplayer. After hearing the conditions that 4A Games were forced to work under I find it incredible that this game was released with such high quality graphics and gunplay. Fantastic!

95. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not emptyLike what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  96. May 16, 2013
    In the year of 2013, the world is devastated by nuclear war. What is left of humanity in Moscow runs in to the anti bomb refuge, where sunlight does not reach, and nature is... different. Forgotten by gods, and victims of evil fate, humans survived. But even after one destruction, the metro is on the brink of another, this tame inflamed by wrong believes and twisted ideals, all fueled byIn the year of 2013, the world is devastated by nuclear war. What is left of humanity in Moscow runs in to the anti bomb refuge, where sunlight does not reach, and nature is... different. Forgotten by gods, and victims of evil fate, humans survived. But even after one destruction, the metro is on the brink of another, this tame inflamed by wrong believes and twisted ideals, all fueled by man.
    Enter the Metro, and see the things I saw...
    After 2033, I was left with optimistic feeling for the sequel, it didn't disappoint. With almost 10 hours of gameplay, that never feel empty or rushed, you will be on a trilling ride.
    Artyom continues his adventure, joined by old and some new friends. Again we will be leaved in the metro fighting against humans and un humans alike, with good arsenal of weapons that can be customizable to certain extent. The gameplay is still similar to 2033, this time however stealth kills and the stealth itself, I think is polished here. True it sounds and looks retarded when you see just how blind enemies are, when there's no light, I tried with different difficulties, but I didn't find any difference, and still Metro LL was never design as all around stealth shooter, but rather as FPS where you have choices, and that's something I always value in a game.
    My recommendation is to stick to the revolver if you are low on military bullets. Coupled with silencer, and scope and this thing is pocket sniper rifle. Really handy, especially when you want to get rid of hard to reach light resources.
    Again, this game is immersion, pure immersion. So full, reach and detailed. Again you will be amazed how every small city feels alive, populated by real human beings with real problems. Things to do, and interact with, both humans and subjects will make you feel part of a breathing world, done so good, that you can even sense their strong need for survival, their fears, their pain. All bundled with interesting story, and FINALLY, a good character development, rather then plot tools, and you will know that, when you have the urge to kill bad guys.
    I will not spoil the story but I will tell you this:
    - watch your mask, when you are out there, keep the filters count, this time depending on the filters you will know how much time you have
    - everything on the surface is hostile, but some of the wild "animals" actually are enemies, by the law of this new nature. You can find it handy at some times, but don't get too comfortable with it.
    - darkness is your friend, light is your enemy. But sometimes it's the opposite.
    - there are two endings, one is bad for you, and the second good for all. If you know what I mean, check google for guide. It's not easy, but offers a good challenge.
    - exploration is rewarded... If you have the balls that is...
    - Metro LL is not Call of Duty, Battlefield or Fallout. It is in a league of it's own or rather in the league of the actually interesting FPS, like Half Life.
    - no multiplayer in that manner too. Only immersive, story driven game.

I love that game, a worthy sequel. I too feel aggravated by this ranger pack, I hate DLC cheap exploits more then ever, and I hope there isn't more on the way.
    Definitely a must buy for the Metro and FPS fans alike.
    Definelty
  97. May 17, 2013
    HL2 Potential Ego Shooter with incredible good Graphics and very deeb Atmosphere. Its linear most times, here and there a little extra to explore. The Locations are all very detailed and you can see and hear the love the Dev´s put into it. The Game is very polished, I didnt encounter any bugs or crashes.
    4A Games showed impressive how awesome a Shooter can be.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013