Metro: Last Light PC

8.6

1. May 27, 2013
    Ayant adoré metro 2033 je ne pouvais que faire celui-ci, et quel jeux!!!Ambiance de dingue!Histoire de dingue!Je déplore juste une IA trés faiblarde mais c'est tout.Sinon encore une fois ce métro surpasse n'importe quel FPS pop-corn!!!Merci 4A games!!!!
  2. May 28, 2013
    Extremely fun game with brilliant graphics, atmosphere as well as a fantastic storyline. I played for hours on end and the stealth and combat mechanics are far superior to the Metro 2033 predecessor. Completely worth playing!
  3. May 28, 2013
    the game is really really nice...its bad that you dont get your weapons of choise from the first missions but still the game is amazing and in some parts really sad by hearing the stories of the poor people in the metro who just wait to die....
    i loves the game and i suggest you play it
  4. Jun 1, 2013
    I just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere soI just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere so thick and deep that you would get stuck in it if you tried crawling in... which is the exact thing I recommend you do with this game... climb in, immerse yourself, get stuck in it until it's over. The game told an amazing story, the characters were great, the worlds were stunning, and every single element was crafted with utmost care.

I'd love the next Metro to be more open-world, closer to STALKER (because it's such an amazing series with dynamic gameplay, great sounds, lore, atmosphere etc.). Please, 4A Games! Give us more Metro above-Metro areas to explore and we'll gladly pay for another masterpiece.

Nonetheless, so far, this game is my Game of the Year 2013 and, without any doubts, my FPS of 2013. Thank you for your amazing efforts.
  5. Jun 1, 2013
    A game with atmosphere is a game you can truly immerse yourself in, and that is what Last Light decided to delight me with. With improved FPS mechanics and a compelling story, Metro is one of this generation's greats
  6. Jun 3, 2013
    Similar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this gameSimilar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this game is the random which I almost feel dumb for complaining about (they even jiggle!) but it doesn't feel contextualized or necessary. I fqing loved this game, felt a little hollow pit in my stomach when it ended (like with the last LOTR movie). Most of the game is relatively easy on normal mode with some nice frustratingly desperate battles. Just enough to keep me, an un-professional fps'er, having to repeat multiple times but always getting it done eventually. First rate story, first rate voice acting, top-o-the-fqing-line graphics, amazing story (for a video game), and a satisfying conclusion that leaves me anxious to play the next in what I hope is a series. A must play!

In fact, I'm going to play it again a second time now that I know something (no spoilers) that I didn't when I started, just to get the second ending (which I've already seen on youtube) just because I feel I owe it to the little Dark One! So good!
  7. Jun 2, 2013
    Metro 2033 is a good game, impress me very much, but Metro: Last Light is much better! Great graphics, nice music, perfect atmosphere (especially in the spiders' caves, and the final war),and the stories about human, monsters and dark ones, this is just an amazing game, I've finished this game two times since it's incredible, and I will play one more time to show to my brother.
  8. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is incredible! All you want and need in a game... It got action, horror great story! I became huge fan of this game... i'll definitely play it again!
  9. Jun 12, 2013
    Awesome and underrated! We already experienced how awesome the scenario goes but of course it is from a novel. The graphics were also very great in the first game Metro 2033. But the gameplay was lame. It doesn't make you feel like firing a weapon. But in this game. Nothing is wrong. And... also the gameplay has become this game's new face!
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    Would even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get anyWould even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get any more perfect. Great ending too. It gives you that feeling of wanting to cry and smile at the same time. Remarkable. Graphics are excellent. The soundtracks during gunfights are nice. Hot strippers and dancers. Even the guns! not overpowering. Very realistic. Honestly the best game i've played. Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction,Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction, but I cannot say this for everyone as it only offers two ending for replay value and no multiplayer. After hearing the conditions that 4A Games were forced to work under I find it incredible that this game was released with such high quality graphics and gunplay. Fantastic!

12. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not emptyLike what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  13. May 16, 2013
    In the year of 2013, the world is devastated by nuclear war. What is left of humanity in Moscow runs in to the anti bomb refuge, where sunlight does not reach, and nature is... different. Forgotten by gods, and victims of evil fate, humans survived. But even after one destruction, the metro is on the brink of another, this tame inflamed by wrong believes and twisted ideals, all fueled byIn the year of 2013, the world is devastated by nuclear war. What is left of humanity in Moscow runs in to the anti bomb refuge, where sunlight does not reach, and nature is... different. Forgotten by gods, and victims of evil fate, humans survived. But even after one destruction, the metro is on the brink of another, this tame inflamed by wrong believes and twisted ideals, all fueled by man.
    Enter the Metro, and see the things I saw...
    After 2033, I was left with optimistic feeling for the sequel, it didn't disappoint. With almost 10 hours of gameplay, that never feel empty or rushed, you will be on a trilling ride.
    Artyom continues his adventure, joined by old and some new friends. Again we will be leaved in the metro fighting against humans and un humans alike, with good arsenal of weapons that can be customizable to certain extent. The gameplay is still similar to 2033, this time however stealth kills and the stealth itself, I think is polished here. True it sounds and looks retarded when you see just how blind enemies are, when there's no light, I tried with different difficulties, but I didn't find any difference, and still Metro LL was never design as all around stealth shooter, but rather as FPS where you have choices, and that's something I always value in a game.
    My recommendation is to stick to the revolver if you are low on military bullets. Coupled with silencer, and scope and this thing is pocket sniper rifle. Really handy, especially when you want to get rid of hard to reach light resources.
    Again, this game is immersion, pure immersion. So full, reach and detailed. Again you will be amazed how every small city feels alive, populated by real human beings with real problems. Things to do, and interact with, both humans and subjects will make you feel part of a breathing world, done so good, that you can even sense their strong need for survival, their fears, their pain. All bundled with interesting story, and FINALLY, a good character development, rather then plot tools, and you will know that, when you have the urge to kill bad guys.
    I will not spoil the story but I will tell you this:
    - watch your mask, when you are out there, keep the filters count, this time depending on the filters you will know how much time you have
    - everything on the surface is hostile, but some of the wild "animals" actually are enemies, by the law of this new nature. You can find it handy at some times, but don't get too comfortable with it.
    - darkness is your friend, light is your enemy. But sometimes it's the opposite.
    - there are two endings, one is bad for you, and the second good for all. If you know what I mean, check google for guide. It's not easy, but offers a good challenge.
    - exploration is rewarded... If you have the balls that is...
    - Metro LL is not Call of Duty, Battlefield or Fallout. It is in a league of it's own or rather in the league of the actually interesting FPS, like Half Life.
    - no multiplayer in that manner too. Only immersive, story driven game.

I love that game, a worthy sequel. I too feel aggravated by this ranger pack, I hate DLC cheap exploits more then ever, and I hope there isn't more on the way.
    Definitely a must buy for the Metro and FPS fans alike.
    Definelty
  14. May 17, 2013
    HL2 Potential Ego Shooter with incredible good Graphics and very deeb Atmosphere. Its linear most times, here and there a little extra to explore. The Locations are all very detailed and you can see and hear the love the Dev´s put into it. The Game is very polished, I didnt encounter any bugs or crashes.
    4A Games showed impressive how awesome a Shooter can be.
  15. May 14, 2013
    Game is amazing, the atmosphere, the graphics, the improved gunplay and the immersion are all top notch.

Go buy this game ASAP and turn off the lights and crank the volume up! improved over the first game in every way!
  16. May 24, 2013
    Very dramatic and well thought out. Definitely one of the must play games of the last few years. I have experienced none of the bugs anyone has mentioned and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. The entire game is excellent overall, and has well executed pace throughout, but intensity truly picks up around the half way mark and leaves you riveted. This is GOTY material, imo.
  17. May 25, 2013
    Very good game, with an atmosphere that will give you goosebumps throughout the story.
    Very Linear story, so your never off the path long, only venturing off into the darkness when your hear of civilians in need of help
  18. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop. Hopefully maybe have another
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Hopefully maybe have another sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  19. Aug 2, 2013
    I wanted to like this game more, just like the last one. It's a solid title, the graphics are the absolute best of the genre (atmospheric, creepy, great use of lighting and colors) as is the sound. Voice acting is good, but inconsistent. Gameplay is smooth and satisfying. But then, the plot is paper thin, game time is short, and the variety of enemies and fights is minimal. The biggestI wanted to like this game more, just like the last one. It's a solid title, the graphics are the absolute best of the genre (atmospheric, creepy, great use of lighting and colors) as is the sound. Voice acting is good, but inconsistent. Gameplay is smooth and satisfying. But then, the plot is paper thin, game time is short, and the variety of enemies and fights is minimal. The biggest downer though is feeling like you're just following one tunnel after another. I know, I know the title is Metro, so what would I expect? Some illusion of free will at least, I guess. I felt like herded cattle in both games though. So, that said, definitely worth picking up on sale and still tops in the genre. So while it may not be a 10, it's an easy 7 or 8 (I'll round up here). Expand
  20. May 21, 2013
    I love it! Yes, it is very close to being on the rails, but does it at all pretend it isn't? Did it claim to be an open world shooter? No.

It's like ordering pizza and complaining because it doesn't taste enough like steak pie.

The story is gripping, the combat is satisfying, the stealth is one of the better done stealth systems.
  21. Jun 6, 2013
    The game is wonderful. For many years I been waiting something like this. The game is the same level as Half Life 2. Bioshock Infinite is a dead game with dead bots compared to Metro LL. I see the rating 8.9 of users for Metro LL against 8.6 for Bioshock. And I agree with users rather than critics who overrate Bioshock and underrate Metro LL.
    The game is a movie, theatre play, a novel.
    The game is a movie, theatre play, a novel. Bots are alive, I believe they are real people, I believe their motivation and behavior. They never repeat stupid phrases. They have nice face animation like in HL2. I sympathize with them, I worry about their fate.
    The game is a horror. Sometimes I feel very very terrified. And it has nice game-play. You must plan, search for decision, spare resources. Those bugs and errors I saw are nothing to influence my rate. This is the best game for the last 3 years. "10"
  22. Aug 2, 2013
    Kontynuacja jednej z najbardziej klimatycznych gier w historii wreszcie nadeszła. Twórcy podeszli do zadania znakomicie. Przepiękna grafika(chodź nie taka, jak ją zapowiadali twórcy), poprawiony model strzelania, nowe, ciekawe elementy. Twórcy dopracowali model skradania, przez co w grze możemy teraz decydować się na rozwałkę lub atak po cichu. Twórcy jeszcze bardziej polepszyli klimatKontynuacja jednej z najbardziej klimatycznych gier w historii wreszcie nadeszła. Twórcy podeszli do zadania znakomicie. Przepiękna grafika(chodź nie taka, jak ją zapowiadali twórcy), poprawiony model strzelania, nowe, ciekawe elementy. Twórcy dopracowali model skradania, przez co w grze możemy teraz decydować się na rozwałkę lub atak po cichu. Twórcy jeszcze bardziej polepszyli klimat metra, dodając mu trochę cięższy poziom trudności. Gra naprawdę wymaga pochwalenia, jest to na pewno jeden z najlepszych FPS'ów tego roku. Miało być idealnie, jednak twórcy popełnili parę błędów. Mówię tutaj o drobnych nie dopracowaniach, o niewykorzystanym potencjale fabuły, i o bezsensownym spawnowaniu przeciwników oraz o głupiej rozwałce pod koniec która psuła z lekka horrorowy klimat tej gry. Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  23. May 24, 2013
    bes fdgfdfgffgfffdffdfgffgfgfgfgfgnnnnnnnnnfndfndnfdnfdndfnfdndfndfndfnfdndfnfdndfdfndfnndfnfdndfnfdfndfdnfdndfndfndfndfnfdnfdnfndnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdndfndfndfndfndfntffdgfdgfd
  24. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  25. May 30, 2013
    Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

With Artyom now being hardened ranger rather than some nobody from station at the edge of metro, the tunnels don't really feel as mysterious or dangerous as they used to. The atmosphere is still there when visiting the stations, but the impact it used to make in 2033 is somewhat gone. Since nothing else like 2033 came out since then, that isn't really much of a problem.

What certainly is a problem and what I consider the greatest flaw of the game, is how easy the stealth approach is. In 2033 you cold try and go stealth from time to time, but since everyone knew exactly where you are the moment someone hardly glimpsed you, it worked rather as a way to take down a bunch of guys before the shooting started stealth wasn't really a safe option. In Last Light however the stealth is made super-easy to the level where I had about 3 open firefights with human enemies in a whole game. Enemies are near-blind in "darkness", take considerable amount of time to acknowledge your presence in light and are positioned in such way that you can take out almost all of of them without anyone noticing. It just isn't really much fun things should go bad more easier, it should be more challenging to make a silent kill, ways to distract the enemy should be available and necessity for silent removal. Firefights in 2033 were simply more enjoyable than stealth in Last Light. And you can't really go guns blazing when playing on Ranger Hardcore difficulty.

Now, the fact that Ranger Hardcore difficulty is a paid DLC/pre-order bonus didn't bother me much, since 1) I did pre-order, 2) I am a clerk at the games retail store and all copies we have do have the DLC included, which is the case with most of the early "limited" copies of games. What baffles me though is that this technically paid-for DLC is broken. One of its features is the game being HUDless and certain actions don't have reliable feedback outside the HUD, most obviously secondary weapon selection process has to be done with almost no indication that anything is happening. Being able to visually check how much ammo/currency I have or what upgrades does my current gun sport would be helpful too.

Last Light obviously looks great and runs pretty good even on less powerful cards. I have to say though that 2033 graphics felt a bit more... hm.. sharp. Crisp. Last Light sort if loses some detail. I have similiar problem with Crysis games from technical standpoint, the first one seems to look the best to me. Last Light is nontheless one of the best looking games out there and some of the sceneries are just breathtaking and storms on the surface are pure awesome.

Hm.. what else is there to say... combat with mutants got a lot better, although their dead bodies still act like inflated with helium for some reason and slowly float to the ground so it's hard to tell if they are already dead and I don't really get how you can screw this up in a first place. There's a bunch of bossfights, two maps before the first one (I think) there are almost no resources scattered around the place so I ended up going against it with 30 seconds on gasmask and 30 bullets in the gun. Got to reaload older checkpoint and sprint through to save up on ammo and filters.

I know I am rather critical there, I usually am pinpointing mistakes is just that easier, but bear in mind that in this decade there aren't many FPS games on comparable quality level since Metro 2033 (which I do consider a shlightly better game than Last Light if you didn't figure it out by now) only Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 3 come to mind, as far as I am concerned.
  26. May 29, 2013
    This is a great game with a somewhat mystical story line that held my interest throughout. Artyom, however, is nothing more than a killing machine with very little meaningful dialog. As far a the game goes, this one plays well in spite of occasional freezes. The battles are challenging and the weapons are robust. I recommend this game highly. It's worth the $50.
  27. Xon
    Jul 17, 2013
    I read the book and played the first game. I loved both to bits. Therefore my expectations of the follow-up was sky high. Eventhoug the game never quite met them, it didn't disappoint.

The good: -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details. -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings. -solid gameplay The bad -Considering its literary roots the story and

The good:
    -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details.
    -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings.
    -solid gameplay

The bad
    -Considering its literary roots the story and dialogue were rather bland.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to giving it another spin once I've updated my gaming rig to meld my eyes.
  28. May 19, 2013
    On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect.On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect. The gun mechanics and game-play aspects are top notch, a huge improvement over Metro 2033 as the guns feel like they have some "meat" to them now and are satisfying to use. The use of stealth has also made a big improvement whereby if you silently take an enemy human down with a suppressed gun for example, the other enemies in the vicinity don't go "bat this time. Therefore they don’t automatically know where you are which is how it should be as you can take your time and tactfully survey the area allowing a flawless execution. However on the flip side the enemy A.I. is now a lot weaker and they’re certainly a lot dumber compared to Metro 2033, it seems like the A.I. has gone from one extreme to another and it’s a shame there is no medium/balance there. The atmosphere in places does feel very intense and immersive and the developers have done a fine job of setting the mood perfectly. The areas you travel to like the market places and mini towns I suppose you could refer to them as are indeed oppressive and makes you feel sad at times and it certainly gives you an insight of what life is like for these unfortunate people in the Metro world. A side from a few glitches and clipping here and there and the story/plot being a little weak at times (but the immersive atmosphere makes up for this) this game is of great quality. I can appreciate the hard work the developers have put into this, it’s not like your average FPS and is nice to have a change of theme for once. Expand
  29. May 25, 2013
    Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements,Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements, and to its outstanding visual and audio presentation that is also well-optimized for PC, Last Light is everything Metro 2033 should have been and better. With a lengthy plot that's exciting and well-presented from start to finish coupled with its superb gameplay mechanics, Metro: Last Light is 2013's first official contender for FPS of the year. If you had your quarrels with Metro 2033 like me, you'll fall in love with this sequel. An outstanding adventure shooter with class. Expand
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    I gave the game 9 and that's only because i never give 10, but this game just get it and you are on for a ride that you'll never forget, ever, true art on all levels
  31. JEK
    May 30, 2013
    I really love this game. Post apocalyptic FPS game. The graphics and gameplay are great just like Metro 2033. I'm just wondering why they changed the voice actor from 2033. Overall this is really a good game and I recommend it.
  32. Sep 8, 2013
    a few minor dislikes: hit detection is distracting and should be an option, very linear and almost on the rails, enemies are blind and death, paying for difficulty levels wtf. but i have given a 8 as it could of been amazing. imagine stalker with these graphics.
  33. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Recommend and very fun game and great gameplay, graphics, storyline a good variety of weapons one reasonable artificial intelligence, like that game had multiplayer. Expand
  34. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your headI have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your head off and to me.. that's pretty cool. I enjoy the characters that you meet and the plot is pretty nifty with the different factions. My only complaint so far is the stealth combat in regards to the AI. If you stick to the shadows and pop head shots with a silencer.. you can pretty much take out an army without any problems. Over all I highly recommend the game. Expand
  35. Mar 18, 2014
    After purchasing Metro: 2033 almost a year ago and never actually completing the game due to its poor optimisation and constant frame rate problems, I was sceptical about buying Last Light. However, I can safely say after completing the game just minutes ago, Metro: Last Light is well worth your money and one of the best titles I've played this year.

I'll start off by saying that this

I'll start off by saying that this game is probably at the peak of any list for 'most atmospheric' games, and I genuinely felt like I was in the Metro tunnels myself when playing it. With the gorgeous textures, lighting, animation and sound effects, it feels like a horror movie at times, you cannot beat the theme of this game. Although I was forced to play with PhysX off, 'normal' textures and low anti aliasing (even using a GTX 780), the game was still amazing in terms of visuals. Compared to Metro: 2033, the optimisation seems much improved, although there were times I had major frame rate drops and I did have to follow some YouTube tutorials to fix things like field of view and switch the game to DX9 for better performance. Inside tunnels and 'smaller' areas I was getting around 60-100fps, but outside in the stormy weather conditions it could drop to around 30-40fps, still playable however.

In terms of the storyline, this was also surprisingly captivating and beat my expectations. The game does follow directly from Metro: 2033, so it's worth either playing that game or at least reading up/watching gameplay for what happened at the end of it. I won't spoil anything, but I can at least say the game captured me emotionally and I ended up playing Metro: Last Light through the night, that's how eager I was to find out what happens with the story. There are many storylines for FPS games that are often repetitive and tedious, but this game with its creepy atmosphere and incredible immersiveness will not leave you bored. The game also offers multiple ways to approach each mission, whether you go in all guns blazing or use stealth. I'd highly recommend taking the stealth route though, you'll save on ammo.

As far as negatives go, there are a few issues with the game. As I mentioned earlier, the game does cause frame rate drops and will definitely eat up your GPU if you're playing on PC. I own a GTX 780 myself which is a very expensive GPU, and even I struggled at times to run this, so I feel sorry for anyone using a lower end GPU. The game also felt at times like it was too easy. I played the game on 'normal' difficulty so I wasn't expecting it to be impossible. However, at times I was standing right in front of an AI enemy and apparently I was completely hidden from sight. There was also an abundance of ammo laying around as well as gas mask filters... not once did I run out of equipment or ammo. Last of all, I would have also liked to see some additional settings in the options menu. For such a highly graphical game on PC, it stupidly lacks things like a FOV slider, or a button to turn off motion blur... in general the settings lacked so much depth.

Overall the game is a definite buy if you're an FPS fan or just want something to immerse yourself in for around 10 hours. I definitely look forward to another game in this series, hopefully with better optimisation next time!
  36. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light is better than its predecessor. While the gameplay is similar to call of duty and battlefield; the graphic, story, game mechanism and world are better than CoD or BF. This game is a well blend of horror and action and a must play for every gamer. This game is definitely worth playing.
  37. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light not to introduce anything new that you've not seen in the original game, but continues to offer such different shooter, with a very well led and spectacular setting rarely seen at games in first person, with a sin gameplay be notable fulfills its mission, despite the IA enemy is not all good. Metro Last Light is a bright game, with small faults, but brilliant game and thatMetro Last Light not to introduce anything new that you've not seen in the original game, but continues to offer such different shooter, with a very well led and spectacular setting rarely seen at games in first person, with a sin gameplay be notable fulfills its mission, despite the IA enemy is not all good. Metro Last Light is a bright game, with small faults, but brilliant game and that any amateur who played at Metro 2033 should miss, since they will enjoy this sequel. A great job by the guys from 4A Games. Expand
  38. rlh
    May 29, 2013
    The epic tale of the troubled tunnel-dweller, Artyom, returns in this direct sequel to the 2010 game Metro 2033. Unlike it's predecessor, Metro: Last Light is not based of a novel, but is a story created for the video game world with the Metro series writer, Dmitry Glukhovsky. The developers at 4A Games did a great job transforming Glukhovsky's talent for writing into a game that dripsThe epic tale of the troubled tunnel-dweller, Artyom, returns in this direct sequel to the 2010 game Metro 2033. Unlike it's predecessor, Metro: Last Light is not based of a novel, but is a story created for the video game world with the Metro series writer, Dmitry Glukhovsky. The developers at 4A Games did a great job transforming Glukhovsky's talent for writing into a game that drips an oppressive atmosphere from every rusted pipe, and tries it's best to convey emotions that people forced to live in concrete, monster filled tunnels would feel as they scavenge and fight for every scrap of food and every bullet. However, the game falls short in it's attempts to convey these emotions, with every character lacking even a speck of emotion on their scarred and dirty faces. It's hard to get "into the mood" while a 'lover' t stares into your sins with soulless eyes and the face of a statue. But that's okay, because your eyes will be attracted to all the 'lady parts' flopping around screen with oddly over-the-top jiggle physics. Attempting to prove how immoral a place the irradiated metro has become, women are more-than-often put in the role of rape victim or stripper, which seem to be the only background NPCs the developers care about. Most people recycle the same handful of faces and the same three articles of clothing randomly arranged. The lack of diversity becomes very apparent during a scene in a theater where you can play a little game called "Find the obnoxiously vibrant gingers!" Still, even with the stoic faces, the game manages to create truly memorable characters. No player will go through the game without learning to love (or hate) the self proclaimed 'good communist', Pavel. The game makes Pavel feel like a useful companion, who can take care of himself, and keeps the player entertained with memorable dialogue and quirks. Other companions throughout the game also do a good job of being generally likable and truly striking and unique characters. They are so well done that it would be truly shocking not to see, at the bare minimum, Pavel winning a nomination for Best Supporting Character. Going into game play, the game handles like a very good FPS, with simple and responsive controls. Post-Apocalyptic fans and 'realists' will love the minor actions of having to periodically charge your light with a makeshift charger or monitoring their gas mask's filter levels in the toxic remains of Moscow. Overall this game is a smooth shooter, a tense survival horror and a must-play for fans of STALKER (plenty of minor homages abound), Fallout or people looking to fill the void of good single player games that this year has yet to offer. Expand
  39. May 23, 2013
    Thank you 4A Games, for you created the game. For the last time out a few games where stealth was realized with the possibility to pass it without a single murder, of course, there are plot points, but the process of a quiet passage through the enemy with seeing his reaction deserves any praise. A very memorable moment when I ran past the fire and the enemy saw my shadow, he is veryThank you 4A Games, for you created the game. For the last time out a few games where stealth was realized with the possibility to pass it without a single murder, of course, there are plot points, but the process of a quiet passage through the enemy with seeing his reaction deserves any praise. A very memorable moment when I ran past the fire and the enemy saw my shadow, he is very excited reacted to it. The game is was not without nationalistic expressions of you, friends of Ukrainians. But in the end it came down to the fact that no one is right nothing is right. Peace, kindness, Anarchy! Expand
  40. Jun 6, 2013
    Metro: Last Light has a fantastic story because it is based upon the great novel Metro 2033, as much as that is appreciated, i'm still kind of disappointed in the fighting engine, lots of bugs, and the fact that you have filters that are limited in minutes makes it kind of annoying, you have about 5 minutes of filters at the time, so if you don't hurry, you will suffocate. REALLY ANNOYING,Metro: Last Light has a fantastic story because it is based upon the great novel Metro 2033, as much as that is appreciated, i'm still kind of disappointed in the fighting engine, lots of bugs, and the fact that you have filters that are limited in minutes makes it kind of annoying, you have about 5 minutes of filters at the time, so if you don't hurry, you will suffocate. REALLY ANNOYING, but as most, stealth is the key. all in all a pretty good game. Expand
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    Here we are again, stealthily killing our adversaries to save every last bullet, and we look good doing it....

That's the beauty of Metro LL, this isn't about running into every confrontation like Rambo, and hoping that you have enough bullets to leave a clip inside of every enemy. Metro is all about tactic, using everything in sight and in your person to annihilate and run through an entire stage, without being spotted. One can easily assume, that this is a stealth game disguised as a fps, and they wouldn't be wrong.

The visuals in metro are "ok" they're passable, more attention goes to the lighting, which is eerily spot on, and at times makes you wish you had a flashlight. When it comes to creeping you out, or keeping you on your toes, Metro is up there with the best. Atmosphere is what this game is about, the sounds, lighting, and dialogue are what holds this to be true.

With that said, Metro does has its faults; this is made apparent when the "monster segments" come up, because at that point, it turns from a stealth shooter, to an all out game of twich turning and emptying clips. I understand that not much could be done about the spider creatures and "dog" mutants, when it comes to stealth, but wasting even a bullet on one seems hypocritical of the them of the game.

The point is to conserve bullets for emergency situations, being thrust into a conflict with more than five enemies that take more than one bullet to kill is only an emergency situation, once; anytime after that and its monotonous and one dimensional.

With all of its flaws, Metro Last Light, is still a compelling story, it feels and sounds like it came out of a book, and that's a huge seller for me, everything is taken into consideration, from wiping your gas mask, to replacing your air filter. These little pinches of realism are what add to versatility of the gameplay.

While it may not be a perfect 10, Metro Last Light, deserves two playthroughs.
  42. Jun 22, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs,Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs, you need a new computer (or new parts) to run this on the minimal settings with some frame rate issues. You may wish to buy it on consoles as its probable dumbed down to be runable on them (or wait for the redux on the new consoles) Expand
  43. Aug 5, 2013
    Great atmosphere and good story. Story is linear but better than most movies in the cinema nowadays.
    Time to play is relatively short, did it in 25 hours. So I can fully recommend this game but you have to decide if the short time to play is worth the current price.
  44. Feb 2, 2014
    This game is literally EPIC ! Wayyy better than Metro 2033.
    Locations are great and much more diverse than it was in first game.
    Soundtrack is awesome, voice acting is great with 2-3 exceptions. Graphics are......speachless. But what is truly breathtaking in this game, is lighting. Best I ever saw in a game. I was o-O" The end worth every minute spent in the game. Don't miss this
    This game is literally EPIC ! Wayyy better than Metro 2033.
    Locations are great and much more diverse than it was in first game.
    Soundtrack is awesome, voice acting is great with 2-3 exceptions.
    The end worth every minute spent in the game.

Don't miss this gem !

Respect developers ! Buy this game and support developers that a put soul in their games and not only desire for money.
  45. Oct 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite 2013 games.

PROS: Amazing graphics, varied environments, good story and spectacular atmosphere. It actually makes you feel that you live the life of a metro citizen.

CONS: Some AI issues and stealth problems

This is a must own game
  46. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.IT IS A MUST. For the year of 2013 it is by far the BEST GOOD-LOOKING,STORY TELLING, POST-APOCALYPTIC GAME. YOU MUUST GET IT. You will not regret your decision~
  47. Sep 16, 2013
    This game grabs you from minute one. I have experienced a very polished gameplay. everything you do feels the way you want to. So if you are into shooter/survival stuff, this is your game. Then there's the story which is just very interesting in my opinion. Often stories in games bore me, this one didn't. So in general this game is a must have. However, there are few things that could haveThis game grabs you from minute one. I have experienced a very polished gameplay. everything you do feels the way you want to. So if you are into shooter/survival stuff, this is your game. Then there's the story which is just very interesting in my opinion. Often stories in games bore me, this one didn't. So in general this game is a must have. However, there are few things that could have been made even more interesting.
    1. Length. I finished singleplayer on normal in 16 hours. That could have been a little longer.
    2. Choices. The game would have been even more cool if you had a little more freedom regarding movement, places to explore etc. and the choices made in game that could lead to different endings.
    But hey as long as it lasts, this game will enjoy you to the max.
  48. Feb 6, 2014
    The intense and unique atmosphere brought by the dark metro seen like never before along with a great written storyline and apocalyptic landscapes of the ruin of Moscow makes of this game a truly masterpiece.Graphically this game looks amazing.Also sounds can be very creepy at some points.Metro Last Light and 2033 are not just two simple FPS games, they are pieces of art.
  49. Feb 11, 2014
    Its really great game. best fps game i have ever played. Metro Last Light has great Story. its heart touching. and also musics and graphics awesome. it makes feeling we are actually living in metro.
  50. Feb 14, 2014
    La continuacion de un libro fabuloso
    si te gusto el Metro 2033, a que
    esperas necesitas este juegaso.

Buena historia,buenos controles,
    graficos sorprendentes y un
    physx que te dara unas fisicas
    sorprendentes.

A matar mutantes!!
  51. Jul 18, 2014
    One of the best first persons shooters I have ever played. Amazing graphical fidelity paired with a spectacular art design and a well executed story. What more could you want?
  52. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  53. Jul 18, 2013
    Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play.Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play. The real world can wait while you save the Metro once again. Expand
  54. Feb 21, 2014
    Beautiful, interesting game. If you`re wondering if the DLCs are worth of buying - just skip them.

GRAPHICS This game has its moments, some even make you believe you`re watching the real thing. The best effects are smoke and lights, the actual textures aren`t that good, It might be the prettiest game I ever played I think. MUSIC and STORY Where Metro : Last Light shines is the

GRAPHICS

MUSIC and STORY
    Where Metro : Last Light shines is the story. The player comes close to his protagonist and stays with his adventures. It`s not the best there is, there are some copy and paste moments but that didn`t dissatisfy me. It`s very creepy underground aswell as in the city blocks. The monsters look great and give you goosebumps. All of it creates this dense atmosphere if danger and death everywhere. You are just a human crawling through tunnels, running from monsters, trying to survive. All of the maps are good and some of them, especially on the outside make up for some very powerful moments.
    Unfortunately the ending of the story is very weak and unsatisfying but I could live with relatively bad 30 minutes of what otherwise was a great believable world and story. I never was bored for a moment.

GAMEPLAY
    It has some rough edges here and there. I beat the game in the Ranger Mode, so I didn`t know how much ammo I had, the interface was just too coarse. Other times I died not because of lack of skill or concentration but because I was meant to. There are some moments for example where you have to lookout or you fall in the green water - it was really iritating. There are some scripts that I don`t like but nothing that would kill the gameplay. Overall it is nice, much better than in Metro 2033 but sometimes I felt that the game was too rough on me. Nonetheless the savegame checkpoints are well positioned so the troublesome moments went away fast so I could enjoy the story.
    I have to say that the stealth gameplay is too fantastic - the AI is just too stupid for that. You stand in a shadow and AI acts like nothing ever happened. Other times in shootouts it just stands or crouches in one spot and waits until you kill it. Not too bad but not great either.
    Because of the gameplay I couldn`t give the game anything more than 8/10.

It has to be said that my singleplayer campaign I went through in nearly 11 hours which is above average nowadays.

The DLCs are uninteresting and make no good additions to the core game which however is very good on its own.

So to sum it all up, I think it is a great game that falls short in some areas so it`s not a GOTY material. Maybe next Metro.
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  56. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  57. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  58. oso
    Nov 5, 2013
    Technically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of andTechnically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of and waited with purchase for the game price to drop. Expand
  59. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  60. Jul 4, 2013
    [9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is[9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is an unforgettable experience that no-one should pass up. Collapse
  61. Nov 6, 2013
    The developers of this game have paid much attention to details. Graphics are simply amazing and I'd say among the best you can get at the moment. It also supports 3D Vision, making it even more immersive. Combat/gun play, feels very organic. Sound effects are great. Sneaking (including silent take-downs with melee or throwing knives) instead of just shooting is possible too most times.
    I
    I can't say anything bad about this game, except maybe that sneaking was too easy. If you liked Metro 2033 you'll like this too.
  62. May 16, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more aboutI thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more about Metro. The shooting mechanics, sound effects, and animations are all the same as the original game and that's generally fine. There are some effects and sounds that have been carried over from the first game and they seem to be of low quality, which was disappointing. In Last Light you'll be able to explore even more of the Metro as you set off to save the last remaining Dark One. I was satisfied with the number of places I got to see and the varied locations that the levels take place in. Stealth has been completely revamped and is much better than it was in the original, but I have to say it is way too easy to stealth through the game. My biggest problem however is the length. My first playthrough and normal difficulty lasted just a little less than 8 hours. This is quite disappointing since there isn't much replay value other than trying to get the other ending (there are two different endings to get which are based upon decisions you make throughout the game). In conclusion, Last Light is a solid game and well worth the purchase, but I feel like it isn't as good as the original Metro was. Expand
  63. Oct 7, 2013
    Linear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incrediblyLinear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incredibly well-presented murky world, that in my opinion is not far off the attention to detail you see in something like Bioshock Infinite. The story arc was a bit tough for me to follow, being that I never finished the first game, but still you don't need to worry as Artyom narrates the basics through the loading screens and there are notes you can access to catch up. Add that to a rich amount of NPC conversations you can eavesdrop on, and there's certainly more to this shooter than just shooting at monsters. Actually, that's one of the areas that I wasn't satisfied with. The monsters you fight are far less fun that when stealthily trying to take out guards or goons. Mostly, the monsters just charge you very quickly, you fire some shotgun rounds and they're dead. The only other thing to raise issue with, is the major lack of freedom there is to either make any kind of meaningful decisions, or to move about. It's literally like being on a beautifully-crafted fairground ride, more so than other games in this genre. Had the player been given slightly more freedom to explore or do things off the beaten track then this game could have been a 9+. Still, I heartily recommend checking out this game that is if you like your action served onrails. Expand
  64. Jul 12, 2013
    Even better than the first game. It also has better OST and voice acting this time. Absolutely amazing. Buy this game. I personally liked the bad ending more.
  65. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  66. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing graphics, atmosphere, sound, and storyline. Some of the best I've ever experienced for that matter. If the game were less linear, and the AI a bit smarter, I would have given it a 10.
  67. Jul 27, 2014
    They took everything I liked about the first Metro and added to it even more I like. The only reason I don't give this 10/10 is that again it is very linear and at times inconsistent. You should own and play this game it is an excellent game with high quality art: characters, environments, weapons, voice acting, music, sound effects! etc. Great controls, pacing and atmosphere etc. I amThey took everything I liked about the first Metro and added to it even more I like. The only reason I don't give this 10/10 is that again it is very linear and at times inconsistent. You should own and play this game it is an excellent game with high quality art: characters, environments, weapons, voice acting, music, sound effects! etc. Great controls, pacing and atmosphere etc. I am nearly shocked how great this game is in comparison to how bad STALKER was--considering the guys who made and worked on this game with the 4A engine. Then again they must have had learned a lot their experience with STALKER--a game with horrible controls and inconsistency everywhere. I played this game for the first time on Ranger Hardcore mode, which was indeed very difficult but manageable. The harder difficulty settings did not seem so thought out. Secondary weapons were rendered useless and certain methods in the game like replacing mask filters inconsistent--like having to take the mask off to replace a filter (nonsense), poor extra step to make things "harder" were just a hindrance to slow the player down.

With certain factions of enemies it only seemed reasonable that there would be more variety and cross between factions, which there wasn't. Enemies were pretty much divided which was unfortunate, otherwise there would have been more interesting diversity and crossing between creative ideas in the game. There were mutant creatures, human enemies but no mutant human enemies...spirits or ghosts but no mutant ghosts or human-ghost enemies etc. and though I see no reason to have explanations for things who or what or how the "dark ones" were is still up in the air, an evermore interesting mystery which was never answered (and probably should not be answered). Some things are better left a mystery. If somehow the franchise is expanded on it would be a mistake to not experiment with blending more ideas and directions in the game or book. Had they already done so I would have given this game a 10/10.
  68. Dec 11, 2013
    Pretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back becausePretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back because your vision gets blurred and cracked, your character just isn't capable of running properly, and you get killed off in moments. The weapons aren't helping because they are excruciatingly slow to reload and on some monsters it's like shooting void, but I think that's intended. You just have to be careful in fights and aim good, or you're fried.
    Overrall I wouldn't call it a work of genius, but it exceeded my expectations, it's one of the few games I actually replayed after I finished it.
    p.s. And it has sex cutscenes!!!
  69. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hourThis is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hour mark. I did enjoy the "on-rails" segments though, as you can listen in on hundreds of conversations and interact with many objects for some entertainment.
    And for those criticizing the game because it is on rails. Not all games should give players complete freedom, considering this game is following a BOOK, it makes sense that exploration elements are limited. The devs are focusing on creating a strong engrossing story driven game and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
  70. Jul 26, 2013
    It is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful "Your Score" metric for this game. It is a game that I will recommend to anyone I know that games, yet it is a game that has really screwed over my time to play it through twice for over a week now...

The reason is that it looks beautiful, when it plays it also plays beautiful as well, and that's the real issue here.. Can you play it with real settings and get a good experience? I was able to when I got over the "maxed settings" stigma. This game looks and plays incredibly well with all the video settings "lowered".

I didn't even buy this game on release because of the poor reviews listing it as too linear. I cannot stand linear games. But this game is just a tad -more- linear than Deus X 2 was and I didn't even notice that aspect until I had finished the game, simply because the presentation will sweep you away if you just allow it to.

That said, you will have to get under the hood. You will have to tweak config file settings. You will wish your PC was better (I went out and thew down $1000 just to play this game through again on better settings!). And you will be annoyed.

But when it's all said and done it will be totally worth it. [[[Just know that even though I did a serious upgrade and overhaul from 560ti to a GTX 760, I am still playing Dx9.]]]

I play too many games to waste time, and I must also say that I don't even care about "Half Life 3" now that I know another studio can replicate that level of awesome.

Would rate this a 6 or 7 due to technical issues, however I would and did bump it up realizing the technical feat that this was for 4A after reading the article "Jason Rubin: Metro: Last Light is the "triumph of an underdog".

Thanks 4A.
  71. Jul 20, 2013
    No multiplayer, nothing so innovative and new, but just a great shooter and experience through and through. While I didn't play the first game, I got sucked into the story and was very anxious to see the game through. It is one of those games that you just don't want to end despite wanting so badly to see how it all ends. The graphics and sound are amazing, especially on a decent rigNo multiplayer, nothing so innovative and new, but just a great shooter and experience through and through. While I didn't play the first game, I got sucked into the story and was very anxious to see the game through. It is one of those games that you just don't want to end despite wanting so badly to see how it all ends. The graphics and sound are amazing, especially on a decent rig with surround sound. It will creep you out if you're playing by yourself at night but in all the right ways. The story is just done right and everything pulls you into a very deep and immersive experience. By the end I just wanted more but only because everything I was given was done so well. This is one of those rare examples of a game made the way games should be made. You may complain that there isn't multiplayer but I prefer no multiplayer to a weak attempt at tacking on multiplayer to pacify the mindless. If you enjoy shooters, good story, great atmosphere, and a great experience, you should have played this game by now. Expand
  72. Aug 23, 2013
    If this game ironed out a few flaws, it would be the best game of the year so far. I had my doubts, the first few levels have some stupid parts where they take every weapon from you but holy hell does it pick up. Never played a game that paces itself so well.

Please please please fix it so you can see inventory on ranger mode though. Its no a realistic touch, its just stupid. Make it so you just look down and see how many mags you have if you want, I don't care. I just didn't like not knowing how much ammo I had left especially since counting it is worthless since you can't see how much you pick up off of dead bodies.

The number one complaint is the AI but in hindsight, it probably is more realistic that there would be mass confusion if people started dropping so I can let that go. Bugs are being ironed out very quickly, it only took two days for the devs to release a fix for the AMD graphics glitch.

It was slightly disapointing that the specialized suits didn't make a return but it really wasn't that big of a deal. A much bigger drawback is the fact that the setup is based around controllers for consoles so secondaries (grenades, throwing knives, etc.) are more annoying to use for PC users (plus grenades can no longer be cooked).
  73. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  74. Jul 22, 2014
    This is an amazing game. It follows suit with the first one in that it has an awesome plot based off of the Metro books, which are very good as well. The graphics are beautiful, the enemies have been reworked and upgraded since the first one, and the gunplay is nice, tight, and seamless. The survival elements also give the game a different challenge. You can easily become immersed in thisThis is an amazing game. It follows suit with the first one in that it has an awesome plot based off of the Metro books, which are very good as well. The graphics are beautiful, the enemies have been reworked and upgraded since the first one, and the gunplay is nice, tight, and seamless. The survival elements also give the game a different challenge. You can easily become immersed in this game; the characters are fleshed out and you actually care about them. I just finished this game 10 minutes ago, and it left me teary eyed. In all my years of gaming this is only the second game that has been able to conjure up so much emotion. You won't regret playing it, seriously one of my top 5 games now. Expand
  75. Aug 4, 2015
    This game does a great job with creating a world and an atmosphere. The gameplay also does it's job backing up this atmosphere. For instance when you are outside (because it is a nuclear waste land) you need a gas mask and to constantly replace your filter, this makes you feel rushed as you should be because realistically nuclear wastelands aren't ideal locales for leisurely strolls. YouThis game does a great job with creating a world and an atmosphere. The gameplay also does it's job backing up this atmosphere. For instance when you are outside (because it is a nuclear waste land) you need a gas mask and to constantly replace your filter, this makes you feel rushed as you should be because realistically nuclear wastelands aren't ideal locales for leisurely strolls. You kill both people and monsters using stealth at times and gung ho guns ablazin' at other times. The action however feels chopped up into small parts either because of loading screen or cutscenes. Metro last light is more of an "experience" game rather than a viscerally fun game. Expand
  76. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is amazing! The graphics are fantastic and the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay is incredible and the game has some rather creative enemies that keep the game interesting so don't worry about it getting dull. There are some great sneaking bits in the game but there where a few moments where I was in plain sight but the enemy somehow couldn't see me. This game is a masterpieceThis game is amazing! The graphics are fantastic and the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay is incredible and the game has some rather creative enemies that keep the game interesting so don't worry about it getting dull. There are some great sneaking bits in the game but there where a few moments where I was in plain sight but the enemy somehow couldn't see me. This game is a masterpiece and if you enjoyed Metro 2033 you are gonna love this. Expand
  77. Aug 1, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is an atmospheric first person shooter. It looks fantastic, except for the facial animations, they are sometimes horrible. Metro: Last Light is one of the games with the most atmosphere, without being a real horror game. You can go to the metro and listen to all persons. That's just wonderful. Also you have these horror moments, when you walk in a dark environment and theMetro: Last Light is an atmospheric first person shooter. It looks fantastic, except for the facial animations, they are sometimes horrible. Metro: Last Light is one of the games with the most atmosphere, without being a real horror game. You can go to the metro and listen to all persons. That's just wonderful. Also you have these horror moments, when you walk in a dark environment and the music says just "If there is now jumping a monster in your face, you'll scare the out of you". Damn, that's so great. You can stealth, so you don't have to kill your human enemies. But there are these parts, where you just shoot all the monsters. The KI is not really good, the weapons are nothing special and the game is a bit short. You have to play Metro 2033 to understand everything. Metro: Last Light is for me one of the best games 2013. Expand
  78. Sep 4, 2013
    It was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to dateIt was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to date running on a high end PC, like mine. For a linear game it builds such a terrific dark and desperate atmosphere. Every moment is tense and exciting, and stealth is rarely done better. Stealth has been drastically improved since M 2033 to the point where stealth-ing the whole game is actually an option now (save the scripted moments). The world is unique and the story is gripping original and interesting. Combat is fun and fast, although the AI on lower difficulties can be brain-dead at times. This game is easily a contender for my choice at GOTY and i cant wait for more Metro. Expand
  79. Jan 5, 2014
    Currently, Metro Last Light is the best game I have ever played. Everything flows good and it is such an addicting game. The game has a great story, a variety of weapons to chose, and a great atmosphere that sends chills down your spine, but there is some cons of this game. The game is very short, with me beating it within 8 hours, which kinda sucks because its such a good game, butCurrently, Metro Last Light is the best game I have ever played. Everything flows good and it is such an addicting game. The game has a great story, a variety of weapons to chose, and a great atmosphere that sends chills down your spine, but there is some cons of this game. The game is very short, with me beating it within 8 hours, which kinda sucks because its such a good game, but there's DLC for the game which adds more campaigns to it, and that's awesome. If you're into stealth First Person Shooters, then you should definitely pick this game up, you won't regret it. Expand
  80. Jun 21, 2013
    I completed the game in 2 days. I can't stop playing.

If you liked Metro 2033, i think you have to try Last Light because it's much better than 2033. The story is perfect, the levels are fantastic, the graphic is stunning. Even the sounds and musics are cool and the optimization is better than 2033. BUT, I suggest you should complete Metro 2033 BEFORE begin playing with Last Light!
    I completed the game in 2 days. I can't stop playing.

BUT, I suggest you should complete Metro 2033 BEFORE begin playing with Last Light! The story of Last Light is beginning where 2033 ended.
  81. Mar 1, 2014
    A great, highly polished FPS. Beautiful graphics and amazing game play/story. A must have for FPS fans, you will not regret it. You can pick it up on sale at the Humble Bundle Store, so get it cheap while you can!
  82. Aug 28, 2014
    Metro: Last Light provides an immerse and satisfying experience of a post-apocalyptic era. My first play-through reminded me of Bioshock. It has a great storyline, solid combat action, good visuals and voice overs even at medium/high detail level. Not as much freedom to do whatever you like, such as an open world environment but that's to be expected from anyone that played a Metro gameMetro: Last Light provides an immerse and satisfying experience of a post-apocalyptic era. My first play-through reminded me of Bioshock. It has a great storyline, solid combat action, good visuals and voice overs even at medium/high detail level. Not as much freedom to do whatever you like, such as an open world environment but that's to be expected from anyone that played a Metro game before on any platform.

MLL feels well balanced for what it offers, with easy level giving lots of help to newcomers upto hardcore level for seasoned veterans. Play is very addictive and makes you want to find out what happens next even after playing hours on end in a session. Good weapon customisation, fun stealth mode and gory scenes. One small criticism would be the background noise level in town which confuses and disorients a little. Having subtitles on helps quite a lot, especially with some of the accents.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by MLL and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gameplay first time through. Recommended.
  83. Oct 27, 2014
    I have the original version with all the DLC. I think the DLC is a waste of money but the base game rocks.

The graphics are astounding and a serious improvement over 2033. Many objects and settings look photo-realistic. The weather is incredible as it rains on the visor. Very often I simply could not believe my eyes with the graphics, they really are staggering. The GTX 970 4GB runs it smooth with 4xAA, but occasionally needs reducing to 3xAA.

The game runs smoother in a way compared with 2033. The checkpoints come more often helping the player through. (There were a couple of very difficult checkpoints though, and I got upset with it as you do.) The combat is easier from the perspective you can kill with one bullet, which makes complete sense.

The story is immersive as are the graphics and sets. The game takes on a 'really there' persona. The story itself is quite 'deep'. Some may not like it but I did lots. There were strange aspects to the game and I was occasionally thinking, this has a touch of Half-Life about it. Looking at some of the pro reviews on Metacritic I saw another Half-Life comparison made.

The downside of the game for me was I got lost quite a few times. When you have the mask on and filter time matters, panic sets in. I ended up too many times having to consult youtube and walkthroughs. Those hard checkpoints stuck hard in my memory, and I despair at the checkpoint system anyway. As long as developers are going to be having a laugh at us, I will mark down their products. Also I will never pay full price. I bought for about £6. (Additionally, far too much dialogue in the early parts of the game.)
  84. May 30, 2013
    It's a very visually impressive game, especially when you're on the surface. I know it's not right to judge a game by it's graphics but they really impressed me. The story was really good and the guns felt solid. The graphics and the FFB were also really immersive and impressive and created a really tense atmosphere. the feeling was bleak and depressing throughout the game, even when youIt's a very visually impressive game, especially when you're on the surface. I know it's not right to judge a game by it's graphics but they really impressed me. The story was really good and the guns felt solid. The graphics and the FFB were also really immersive and impressive and created a really tense atmosphere. the feeling was bleak and depressing throughout the game, even when you went outside and the colours were vibrant, it still had a bleak atmosphere. Also I really liked the gas masks and lack of ammo which really made you think about the game and plan ahead. It is a game which leaves you thinking about it for a long time
    However the characters were average at best, it wasn't as much of a horror game as I hoped, the AI was poor and there are a great many more glitches than expected. Also, I didn't like how the atmosphere was interrupted by the cheerier populated areas where you get bombarded with (who likes video game porn anyway?) I'm hopeful that if in future Metro titles the technical issues at least can be resolved.
  85. Jul 31, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is an excellent example how to provide a gripping well paced narrative, an above average shooting and stealth gameplay experiance, placed in gritty yet pretty enviroment. Does the game have its fair share of mistakes and misgivings? Yes, but for a game that had half the budget that most AAA games, this is a game nobody should pass on.
  86. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved this game. But there are several major drawbacks from the game that detract from the experience and fun. First, I is not a free roaming game and the side quests are non-existent. Second, why is the one girl (I forgot her name) even in the game. There was no romance or anything and her personality change made no sense. Third, it took me 8 hours to complete this game. Fourth, how did the dark one get her people out of D6 without Miller's password? However, this had some of the best graphics, story line, acting, and art style I have seen in a long time. Expand
  87. Jun 20, 2013
    Metro 2033 was an extremely underrated game and to complete the legacy Metro: last light is from the amazing atmospheric gameplay to the jaw dropping graphics this game deserves a 10/10 on every aspect
    but due to the fact that they added preorder DLC giving it a 10/10 would be wrong overall this is a must buy for anyone who has the rig to handle it thank you for reading this take crare
  88. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the most beautiful and immersive first person campaign I've played in years. Plug in a controller, sit back in the couch and enjoy this game on a large TV. Highly recommended!
  89. Jun 22, 2013
    I thought it was a good story with a very beautiful game. The graphics and beauty of the game helps it a lot, but over all it is a well made game and I do not see anything wrong with it. Few glitches here and there but all games have glitches. I feel it deserves a higher mark than 82 metacritic...
  90. Jun 26, 2013
    Last light is a great sequel to metro 2033 and fixes a lot of the issues that previous title had like stealth and combat, the graphics are stunning if you can run them, however its not that long with no multilayer/ co-op. hence an 8 instead of a 10 hopefully dlc will fix this but that's more money to spend on an already costly game.
  91. Jul 1, 2013
    I played many games in my life, but this game wow, the story is so fantastic, it's like a good book, you just never want to stop playing it. For me it's much better than BioshockInf or Tomb Raider, and i love those games too.
    So for me, Metro: Last Light is the best shooter i've ever played in my life!!!
  92. Jul 1, 2013
    This is a great game which I for one loved and was immersed in. The reason this game gets a 9 instead of a 10 is for the reasons that I hear and see most complaints, (I personally don't mind them charging for extra difficulties, that decision is none but their own.) such as the AI being slightly less than stellar, however due to my stealth approach, I got in less than three humanThis is a great game which I for one loved and was immersed in. The reason this game gets a 9 instead of a 10 is for the reasons that I hear and see most complaints, (I personally don't mind them charging for extra difficulties, that decision is none but their own.) such as the AI being slightly less than stellar, however due to my stealth approach, I got in less than three human firefights in the whole game and never had much of a chance to see any buggy AI. As far as stealth game play this game is great, everywhere from high ranking officers giving grunts orders to get to work or a soldier going for a cigarette break, I never felt that the game was purposefully putting men alone in the dark for me to stab, I almost always knew why they were there either by visual or by hearing their conversations. The ending was very satisfying in my own opinion, however there is an alternate ending if certain prerequisites are met, to which I did not meet, however, this game is so much fun for me to play, I will be scavenging for supplies and saving poor defenseless hostages from bandits at least one more time.

So overall:
    Graphics- Top notch, from the 360 to the PC, this game will look gorgeous
    Audio- Encountered no problems once I turned on subtitles
    Game play- Smooth and responsive, never had a problem with firefights despite other's complaints
    Story- This I found to be one of the strongest parts of the whole game, it covers everywhere from discovering Artyom's youth to unraveling a dark and devastating plot that will effect the whole Metro.

Overall I loved this game and have recommended it to almost everyone of my friends, and to this day we still have deep conversations about which characters we figured deserved absolution and which deserved your knife across their throats.
  93. Jul 2, 2013
    Metro: Last Light Image
    Not the best game out there (Especially the SUPPORT CHARACTERS), the combat, stealth, and the game mechanics work good, but the sound effects can be generic at some times. The are especially good though :D
  94. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one of those rare cases of the sequel. Everything is a little bit better and it adds up to an instant classic.
    The 1st one had it's repetitive moments but the sequel is more immersive and I couldn't put it down, had to keep playing to complete. Liked the 1st one? You will love the 2nd.
  95. Jul 21, 2013
    Atmosphere is brilliant, music too, the level design and so the graphics are simply amazing, unless you stand next to some points and watch it too much time.. (yes I like to explore and watch everything in a game!).
    I would have give 10, but because of the I.A and because of the no-liberty, I gave a 9.
    As well as the Ranger Mode who need to be payed..
  96. Jul 23, 2013
    The world of Metro is dark and intense as always. Had a great ride!! -1 for the huge amount of dialogue time compared to actual gameplay time. To be fair I gotta say the story was interesting after all so I can live with somewhat longer dialogues. The graphics still seem to resemble part 1 a lot but still everything is really pretty and nice to look at :D. Atmospheric, cinematic fun atThe world of Metro is dark and intense as always. Had a great ride!! -1 for the huge amount of dialogue time compared to actual gameplay time. To be fair I gotta say the story was interesting after all so I can live with somewhat longer dialogues. The graphics still seem to resemble part 1 a lot but still everything is really pretty and nice to look at :D. Atmospheric, cinematic fun at it's best.... I personally enjoyed that being stealthy often times actually is a viable option to going in Rambo Style. 8.6147952/10 :P Expand
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    Improved gunplay, epic scenery, great graphics and the need of weaing gas mask on surface make it a great atmospheric game. Story is great, you travel in underground as well as on surface to change the fate of humanity. There is not such an epic level as library in Metro 2033 but when the game starts building scaryness in some parts you will want to pass theese places as fast as you canImproved gunplay, epic scenery, great graphics and the need of weaing gas mask on surface make it a great atmospheric game. Story is great, you travel in underground as well as on surface to change the fate of humanity. There is not such an epic level as library in Metro 2033 but when the game starts building scaryness in some parts you will want to pass theese places as fast as you can just to get away from it. A very well made sequel. Expand
  98. Jul 30, 2013
    Ahh Metro last light I read the books played the games and now we have the latest installment in the series its an inovative game with ideas and tricks that for the most part pull off With slick graphics and gameplay and cool monsters this game rarely fails but with texture pop ins and bugs this usually takes you out of this amazing experience
  99. Jul 31, 2013
    A great game with epic music and end. A great Story based (not like!) the books which is much better than Metro 2033 in my opinion. Have fun with this game, especially if you play with a Gamepad, a Headset and in the dark!
  100. Sep 23, 2013
    A phenomenal game the vastly improves on many of the flaws from the last game. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen and the atmosphere is the best post-apocalyptic atmosphere ever. The story is also amazing. An excellent game.
  101. Jul 4, 2013

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013