8.6

1. Aug 4, 2015
    This game does a great job with creating a world and an atmosphere. The gameplay also does it's job backing up this atmosphere. For instance when you are outside (because it is a nuclear waste land) you need a gas mask and to constantly replace your filter, this makes you feel rushed as you should be because realistically nuclear wastelands aren't ideal locales for leisurely strolls. YouThis game does a great job with creating a world and an atmosphere. The gameplay also does it's job backing up this atmosphere. For instance when you are outside (because it is a nuclear waste land) you need a gas mask and to constantly replace your filter, this makes you feel rushed as you should be because realistically nuclear wastelands aren't ideal locales for leisurely strolls. You kill both people and monsters using stealth at times and gung ho guns ablazin' at other times. The action however feels chopped up into small parts either because of loading screen or cutscenes. Metro last light is more of an "experience" game rather than a viscerally fun game. Expand
  2. Jun 7, 2015
    I first played this game a few months ago, and I didn't know what to expect. But after playing 10 minutes I knew that I liked this game, the story line interesting even though I haven't played the First metro game. And its has a really good survival element and always keeps you on your toes while playing.
    It a longish game and is not completed quickly and requires some thinking as to when to use your bullets.
    The stealth element is also well done, difficult to hide sometimes and it is very graphic in regards to sexual material, not for little kids to play.
    Good graphics engine, I like the way it looks on the screen very appealing.
    Overall I really like this game and would recommend to other gamer's to play this game. ENJOY IT :)
  3. Jun 1, 2015
    I have to admit, this is one of the games which just has that feel, the captivating atmosphere which keeps you hooked to it, the tension during some of the most intense moments. (combined with music that is well produced and perfectly matches the pace of the gameplay)
    This was the some of the best 8 hours my rig gave me. This game has the fast paced and gripping environment of Metro: 2033, and also improves on various aspects. It focuses on every aspect and makes you scavenge for supplies, without which, survival is impossible, which makes it all the more immersive. Some of the chapters are really, really terrifying and if you've got some good headphones to go along with your PC, it will make your experience all the more.
    A must buy, definitely.
    No less than 10/10.
  4. Apr 4, 2015
    Stealth is a bit on the easy side and draws away from the experience a little. Aside from that, Metro Last Light is a very solid game that improves on almost every aspect of the former Metro 2033. For one, the visuals are stunning and you can't help but take a moment to take in the bleak, yet oddly beautiful landscapes. All the little survival mechanics such as wiping your gas mask reallyStealth is a bit on the easy side and draws away from the experience a little. Aside from that, Metro Last Light is a very solid game that improves on almost every aspect of the former Metro 2033. For one, the visuals are stunning and you can't help but take a moment to take in the bleak, yet oddly beautiful landscapes. All the little survival mechanics such as wiping your gas mask really aid in building immersion and constructing a convincing sense of realism. Ammunition is fairly abundant though, and the prevalence of high tech gun modifications does somewhat detract from the whole survival vibe introduced in the first game. Lastly, I would've appreciated the option to disable/enable HUD for Ranger modes.

Overall rating: 8.2/10
  5. Feb 7, 2015
    Haven't played the sequel but enjoyed this game sooo much. Plot was amazing, it was like a freaking movie! Gameplay was very smooth and the graphics were great. Best game I've ever played.
  6. Dec 13, 2014
    Nothing i can say can really do it justice, a great example of a small team game not worried about appeasing a corporate publisher. Gritty, raw and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
  7. Nov 21, 2014
    I think this game is a wonderful addition to FPS on PC in general. The graphics are phenomenal, but I recommend running on lower quality settings if your GPU is a bit old. I ran on highest settings on my GTX 780 3GB RAM without a hiccup.

I will admit to not playing or reading Metro 2033, so I think I missed some crucial bits of the back story. Maybe not. I enjoyed having to be a bit stealthier in a FPS. It took me away from the frenetic run and gun of COD and Battlefield.

It was not a challenging game to say the least. Most of my deaths were caused by silly screw ups on my part (like shooting a gun without a silencer by accident) and had nothing to do with the gameplay. I played on hardest difficulty and I thought it was way too easy. I doubt any of you will play this game more than once. There is also an invisible karma system apparently? I don't really know. And you lose karma by getting a lap dance? This somehow affects the story? I have no idea and it wasn't explained clearly.

If you like shooters and are looking for a pretty one with a few new tricks, this is not a bad way to spend a few bucks.
  8. Oct 27, 2014
    I have the original version with all the DLC. I think the DLC is a waste of money but the base game rocks.

The graphics are astounding and a serious improvement over 2033. Many objects and settings look photo-realistic. The weather is incredible as it rains on the visor. Very often I simply could not believe my eyes with the graphics, they really are staggering. The GTX 970 4GB runs it smooth with 4xAA, but occasionally needs reducing to 3xAA.

The game runs smoother in a way compared with 2033. The checkpoints come more often helping the player through. (There were a couple of very difficult checkpoints though, and I got upset with it as you do.) The combat is easier from the perspective you can kill with one bullet, which makes complete sense.

The story is immersive as are the graphics and sets. The game takes on a 'really there' persona. The story itself is quite 'deep'. Some may not like it but I did lots. There were strange aspects to the game and I was occasionally thinking, this has a touch of Half-Life about it. Looking at some of the pro reviews on Metacritic I saw another Half-Life comparison made.

The downside of the game for me was I got lost quite a few times. When you have the mask on and filter time matters, panic sets in. I ended up too many times having to consult youtube and walkthroughs. Those hard checkpoints stuck hard in my memory, and I despair at the checkpoint system anyway. As long as developers are going to be having a laugh at us, I will mark down their products. Also I will never pay full price. I bought for about £6. (Additionally, far too much dialogue in the early parts of the game.)
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    Good in every way. I hate open-world or branch structured which is in its nature very repetitive and wastes much time to explore meaningless gadgets, although some people call it freedom......
    Metro last light is very linear and is just like an interactive movie, but with decent story length more than 10 hours. There is no side mission to distract you. You always feel progressive when playing but not in a haste way. It gives you a very balanced tempo, every time after intense battle, there is a distinctive refuge for you to have a deep stretch. In the refuge you can wander, listen to other's conversation, trigger funny mini scripts, improve your weapons, and then go on your journey.
    The atmosphere is like The Last of Us, but more dark, muddy, creepy, polluted, and with advanced game engine, it immerses you. I think the game is very optimized. Using gtx 760 to play at ultra setting is without any glitch and still has margin.
  10. Aug 28, 2014
    Metro: Last Light provides an immerse and satisfying experience of a post-apocalyptic era. My first play-through reminded me of Bioshock. It has a great storyline, solid combat action, good visuals and voice overs even at medium/high detail level. Not as much freedom to do whatever you like, such as an open world environment but that's to be expected from anyone that played a Metro gameMetro: Last Light provides an immerse and satisfying experience of a post-apocalyptic era. My first play-through reminded me of Bioshock. It has a great storyline, solid combat action, good visuals and voice overs even at medium/high detail level. Not as much freedom to do whatever you like, such as an open world environment but that's to be expected from anyone that played a Metro game before on any platform.

MLL feels well balanced for what it offers, with easy level giving lots of help to newcomers upto hardcore level for seasoned veterans. Play is very addictive and makes you want to find out what happens next even after playing hours on end in a session. Good weapon customisation, fun stealth mode and gory scenes. One small criticism would be the background noise level in town which confuses and disorients a little. Having subtitles on helps quite a lot, especially with some of the accents.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by MLL and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gameplay first time through. Recommended.
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    10x times better than the first, both technically and...everything else. If you liked the first (or even if you didn't like it that much), you will like this. 88/100. 15 hours for a good explored playthrough.
  12. Aug 21, 2014
    Awesome graphic textures and atmosphere, pretty good performance, a good story, a fairly long campaign, and retains the gritty Metro feel that was present in the previous game.
  13. Aug 14, 2014
    I bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration betweenI bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration between loading screens. I picked this up and couldn't put it down until I finished it. Some people say it is too linear and I suppose it is very linear but a game about being in a maze of subway tunnels would get dangerously confusing if it wasn't. Some games do open world very well but I don't think it should be a requirement. Highly recommend. Expand
  14. Aug 14, 2014
    Awesome game very thrill to play ,graphics is so good i give 10 for this game very horror don't miss it,guns are massive shot but very hard to play awesome
  15. Aug 14, 2014
    As I was following the gloomy railroads of Metro: Last Light, exploring every corner for potential weapons and supplies, I could not help but to be intrigued by the atmosphere of this game. Little insects crawling all over my gas mask in combination with a couple of flies landing on my legs in real life, sitting in the dark while going through unlit areas filled with webs and theirAs I was following the gloomy railroads of Metro: Last Light, exploring every corner for potential weapons and supplies, I could not help but to be intrigued by the atmosphere of this game. Little insects crawling all over my gas mask in combination with a couple of flies landing on my legs in real life, sitting in the dark while going through unlit areas filled with webs and their creators: mutated spiders that sneak up on you from behind - truly a great game when it comes to setting the mood.

The game's story is alright. It allows the player a few decisions in an attempt to make a very linear game feel not as linear. Personally I feel that this could have been better executed (more options, dialogues and consequences please) but overall the story is still alright and fairly catchy - the plot twists were also a great touch.

The gameplay I would characterize as solid. The action parts and combat are good and the boss fights are not as facerollingly easy as in many other FPS games. Stealth in the game feels a little unpolished but is a nice addition, since it allows you to solve the game with a different approach than that of full-fledged Bazooka Joe. The forced interactive cutscenes are also not as frustratingly bad as those of Battlefield and Farcry 3, which is a huge plus in these days of game development.

TLDR:

Overall I think the game deserves some applause. It is a solid contribution to both the FPS and Post-apocalyptic genre and I hope to see more games like it in the future. Metro: Last Light is not perfect, but it is one of the games that is worthwhile both playing and supporting. 7.5/10
  16. Aug 6, 2014
    It's not a perfect game, but... when I started - I just played as long as I reach the end. No matter what's bad in this title, above all, last times there wasn't too many games which keep me longer. This one have this "something" what makes You want to finish it. Not long, that's true (and yeah, a bit too short) but in 101% worth it. For me one of the best gaming experience from loooong time.
  17. Jul 31, 2014
    Very good game. It is a much more polished game than Metro 2033.Weak details of that game have been taken care of. Plot starts out very well but loses some of its grip in the last quarter of the play-through. Graphics are nice and contribute to create a great atmosphere. Shooting sequences were good, although I liked more the stealth part of the game.
    Talking about weaknesses, i would say
    Talking about weaknesses, i would say that even if it is better than Metro 2033, levels are quite linear. You can explore, but within a ver limited scope.
    Overall a very good game!
  18. Jul 30, 2014
    Perfectly desperate atmosphere of the world of post-apocalyptic Russia and pretty good FPS. Tension, the mood, and even challenge on the hardest difficulty made it a really memorable ride for me. More material like this! Have to cut some points down for the bugs and technical issues here and there that kept me from progressing further a few times and ruining my momentum, but patches mightPerfectly desperate atmosphere of the world of post-apocalyptic Russia and pretty good FPS. Tension, the mood, and even challenge on the hardest difficulty made it a really memorable ride for me. More material like this! Have to cut some points down for the bugs and technical issues here and there that kept me from progressing further a few times and ruining my momentum, but patches might have already fixed that in the meantime, once fully patched this is a must for post-apo desperation lovers. 8/10 Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    They took everything I liked about the first Metro and added to it even more I like. The only reason I don't give this 10/10 is that again it is very linear and at times inconsistent. You should own and play this game it is an excellent game with high quality art: characters, environments, weapons, voice acting, music, sound effects! etc. Great controls, pacing and atmosphere etc. I amThey took everything I liked about the first Metro and added to it even more I like. The only reason I don't give this 10/10 is that again it is very linear and at times inconsistent. You should own and play this game it is an excellent game with high quality art: characters, environments, weapons, voice acting, music, sound effects! etc. Great controls, pacing and atmosphere etc. I am nearly shocked how great this game is in comparison to how bad STALKER was--considering the guys who made and worked on this game with the 4A engine. Then again they must have had learned a lot their experience with STALKER--a game with horrible controls and inconsistency everywhere. I played this game for the first time on Ranger Hardcore mode, which was indeed very difficult but manageable. The harder difficulty settings did not seem so thought out. Secondary weapons were rendered useless and certain methods in the game like replacing mask filters inconsistent--like having to take the mask off to replace a filter (nonsense), poor extra step to make things "harder" were just a hindrance to slow the player down.

With certain factions of enemies it only seemed reasonable that there would be more variety and cross between factions, which there wasn't. Enemies were pretty much divided which was unfortunate, otherwise there would have been more interesting diversity and crossing between creative ideas in the game. There were mutant creatures, human enemies but no mutant human enemies...spirits or ghosts but no mutant ghosts or human-ghost enemies etc. and though I see no reason to have explanations for things who or what or how the "dark ones" were is still up in the air, an evermore interesting mystery which was never answered (and probably should not be answered). Some things are better left a mystery. If somehow the franchise is expanded on it would be a mistake to not experiment with blending more ideas and directions in the game or book. Had they already done so I would have given this game a 10/10.
  20. Jul 25, 2014
    Хорошая игра.Красивая графика,убойная атмосфера,весь мир живёт.Играть интересно.Всем советую
  21. Jul 22, 2014
    This is an amazing game. It follows suit with the first one in that it has an awesome plot based off of the Metro books, which are very good as well. The graphics are beautiful, the enemies have been reworked and upgraded since the first one, and the gunplay is nice, tight, and seamless. The survival elements also give the game a different challenge. You can easily become immersed in thisThis is an amazing game. It follows suit with the first one in that it has an awesome plot based off of the Metro books, which are very good as well. The graphics are beautiful, the enemies have been reworked and upgraded since the first one, and the gunplay is nice, tight, and seamless. The survival elements also give the game a different challenge. You can easily become immersed in this game; the characters are fleshed out and you actually care about them. I just finished this game 10 minutes ago, and it left me teary eyed. In all my years of gaming this is only the second game that has been able to conjure up so much emotion. You won't regret playing it, seriously one of my top 5 games now. Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2014
    One of the best first persons shooters I have ever played. Amazing graphical fidelity paired with a spectacular art design and a well executed story. What more could you want?
  23. Jun 24, 2014
    This Is a Game that Is most definitely worth playing. i thought this title was unappreciated and overshadowed by games like Bioshock: Infinite. The atmosphere was phenomenal and always kept me on edge. The AI could be dumb sometimes but overall was okay. The weapons in this game were outstanding as well. Each gun had a very distinct feel and firing all of them was great. The story was theThis Is a Game that Is most definitely worth playing. i thought this title was unappreciated and overshadowed by games like Bioshock: Infinite. The atmosphere was phenomenal and always kept me on edge. The AI could be dumb sometimes but overall was okay. The weapons in this game were outstanding as well. Each gun had a very distinct feel and firing all of them was great. The story was the best part of it it all. It never slowed down, was paced really well and it all came together in the end.

When I heard that they are redoing this game and it's predecessor for next gen consoles I got so excited because these games are worth playing again and te fact that Metro will look better than it already did Is just icing on the cake. If you haven't played Any of the metro games go out and play them right now. Totally worth your time.
  24. Jun 22, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs,Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs, you need a new computer (or new parts) to run this on the minimal settings with some frame rate issues. You may wish to buy it on consoles as its probable dumbed down to be runable on them (or wait for the redux on the new consoles) Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2014
    I have read all books of metro and i can tell you that this game is as good as books. I have never played a better game for a long time. Charming atmosphere, beautiful graphics with one of the best story lines ever. Gameplay is awesome like saving and collecting every ammo you can also stealth mechanics are really great which i enjoyed and other great stuff im lazy to mention now. I hopeI have read all books of metro and i can tell you that this game is as good as books. I have never played a better game for a long time. Charming atmosphere, beautiful graphics with one of the best story lines ever. Gameplay is awesome like saving and collecting every ammo you can also stealth mechanics are really great which i enjoyed and other great stuff im lazy to mention now. I hope they will ever creat something like that once again. Expand
  26. Jun 7, 2014
    So we play this game and it is Damn awesome one of the best in the first person shooting category its graphics are Great with a great story and Awesome guns which is what we need .
  27. Jun 1, 2014
    World class shooter. The atmosphere presented in this game is unique in many ways. Once the story picks you up, you just have to play it all the way to the tough ending. The areas outside will give you the chills... as will the tunnels... as will all the freaks and monsters you'll meet.
  28. May 27, 2014
    I was surprised how much better is list light as first part. Really good story again, amazing graphic of course and more scary moments when you can piss in your pants. Play this game at night and you will appreciate light and light will be your best friend ;)
  29. May 16, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more aboutI thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more about Metro. The shooting mechanics, sound effects, and animations are all the same as the original game and that's generally fine. There are some effects and sounds that have been carried over from the first game and they seem to be of low quality, which was disappointing. In Last Light you'll be able to explore even more of the Metro as you set off to save the last remaining Dark One. I was satisfied with the number of places I got to see and the varied locations that the levels take place in. Stealth has been completely revamped and is much better than it was in the original, but I have to say it is way too easy to stealth through the game. My biggest problem however is the length. My first playthrough and normal difficulty lasted just a little less than 8 hours. This is quite disappointing since there isn't much replay value other than trying to get the other ending (there are two different endings to get which are based upon decisions you make throughout the game). In conclusion, Last Light is a solid game and well worth the purchase, but I feel like it isn't as good as the original Metro was. Expand
  30. May 6, 2014
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  31. May 5, 2014
    If I were to decide on which game to buy and I had ''Two'' options, to either buy ''Bioshock Infinite'' or ''Metro: Last night''.. honest decision is I'd pick Metro: Last night, as it brings a pretty good atmosphere from their previous game which didn't really feel Immersive at times, but this game is a major Improvement, the stealth mechanics have been fixed and the graphics areIf I were to decide on which game to buy and I had ''Two'' options, to either buy ''Bioshock Infinite'' or ''Metro: Last night''.. honest decision is I'd pick Metro: Last night, as it brings a pretty good atmosphere from their previous game which didn't really feel Immersive at times, but this game is a major Improvement, the stealth mechanics have been fixed and the graphics are outstanding, and so is the idea of Filters with the Gasmask, the world design is superior and beats any other games that're slightly similar, Metro: last night is the very definition of a good game, so get up, rush your ass down to your local gamestop/game and say ''Shut up and take my money'' to the worker holding the game. Expand
  32. Apr 29, 2014
    Metro Last Light is my absolute FAVORITE game on my PC or my PS4. I've beat the campaign 3 times, and played every single DLC at least 3 times.

The graphics in this game are top of the line. Better than Crysis 3 on PC IMO. Attention to detail and the lighting system is what sets this game apart from the rest.

10/10 no doubt. Best game.
  33. Apr 28, 2014
    Absolutely outstanding game. I am playing with full graph settings and the beauty of the game is a joy to behold. Gameplay is fine, the story is well presented. Only the AI could have been a bit smarter.
  34. Apr 18, 2014
    Best experience with nice rig and some high end gpu, at night with headset and you will get in the world of Metro Last Light. Hours will pass and you will still want to search for more, few games keep me playing them for hours no end and even after finishing them going back to the start and setting difficulty up and chasing achievements.
  35. Mar 31, 2014
    This game has everything that a FPS should have- an excellent story,loads of shooting action,bit of stealth and a few features that makes you feel more involved in the game (such as wiping the blood off your mask etc). The game is worth the time and money you spend for it.
  36. Mar 27, 2014
    The 0's in this are a lie, meta critic is a lie in itself without needing to try to. It's too easy to write a negative review without needed to prove you own the game, so you end up having people that give the game a low score for the sake of it. Which defeats the purpose. If hey gave it a bad score but could link to own the game, then that's a different story and I respect that opinion,The 0's in this are a lie, meta critic is a lie in itself without needing to try to. It's too easy to write a negative review without needed to prove you own the game, so you end up having people that give the game a low score for the sake of it. Which defeats the purpose. If hey gave it a bad score but could link to own the game, then that's a different story and I respect that opinion, anyways onto the game
    Metro returns underground for a fascinating sequel to what I thought was easily better then most of the game that came out last year for me personally. This game has everything that made 2033 great and expanded on it in new ways. How new? More mutants. More guys with guns more weapons and more of everything. It essentially was my personal game of the year
    Without spoilers I can not go into the story,but for the most part it was well done and had some memorable sequences.
    The gunplay which was a huge criticism of the first game has been tweaked and feels better then ever in terms of how the guns feel and all that. There are also several new upgrades to weapons and the store system is in my opinion improved along with the return of the military grade bullets made it a blast to shoot people. But why shoot when you can stealth? The stealth has also been improved in this game with a light indicator on your watch to tell you how much time is left on your gas mask and if you are in the light or not. You can now also either kill people or knock them out, which leads to some interesting sequences later down the game but for spoilers I can not say.
    The world is also more vibrant now, if you thought 2033 was very brown and grey then this game is also very brown and grey but with some more colours in some sequences to make it stand out.
    The amount of new mutants in this sequel is also great as you now have to deal with light weakened spiders, giant shrimps and many more as well as some old friends who always want a bite of your flesh. The same can also be said about the humans who the Ai in this game is not quite as realistic but still nice, though some may disagree.
    There is also a degree of imagination that comes into play here because of how you can walk into a room full of dead people and imagine what has happened to them, kind of like being with Khan
    Speaking of khan he and several other characters are back form the original plus several new people who are also very interesting
    One final point is that this game is sad, and that they try to drown the sadness in boobies and strippers, but this game is rated R18 so no problems there
    Overall there is soo much done right here it is really hard to not recommend it. You should buy this now, right now and prepare for the time of your life
    On a side note, please play 2033 before as you would have a better understanding of the story
    Pros
    - everything from 2033 is here and improved
    - better guns and stealth
    - new and interesting mutants to come across
    - a more vibrant world with some cool affects
    - new and interesting characters that are funny and cool to be around
    - new and improved shop
    - story is a blast to play through
    - Generally scary and has great Atmosphere

Cons
    - Some may not like the sex scenes and Boobies that are present in one part of the game
    - I really wanted to play a 20 hour campaign (which means it was so great I wanted more)
    - Some sections the Ai do disappoint
    Playtime main game + Dlc: 22 hours
    Main game in one play though 13 hours but an extra 3 for playing certain missions again, but I can always replay again and again, and I will
    Dlc review is gonna be a separate review took me 6 hours but same as above
    Stay tuned for more review by me :)
  37. Mar 20, 2014
    Out of nowhere, Metro Last Light became one of my favorite games. I thought Metro 2033 was ok, but had too many bugs and other problems. In Metro LL, all that is fixed and improved and the game is simply incredible.

The graphics are outstanding. This game makes screenshots look like drawings. Very sharp, detailled textures, great lighting and shadows. Rain drops run down your gas mask (until you wipe the mask) and sunshine reflects in the rain drops. There's a really great atmosphere in the dark places, because of the realistic lighting. Even your watch is a light source that reflects off walls... and it displays your local time! Talk about love for details, the developers showed a lot of that. The character animations look better than in any other game I've played. I often just stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings.
    Surprisingly, the performance is also really good and the gameplay is very fluid without any loading times for textures or something like that, even on my average PC. The graphics engine is very, very well optimized.
    The highest graphics settings (especially SSAA) make little visual difference and require a lot of performance, so you can run the game on normal or high without missing anything.

The sounds and music support the graphics perfectly. When you're standing in a warehouse and it's raining, you can hear the rain falling on the corrugated iron and it feels like out of a movie. The music is sometimes slow and sometimes fast and always great, especially the guitar tunes.

Metro LL is oozing atmosphere. I was totally immersed in the game the whole time I played. I don't think there are two places that look the same. The environment keeps changing as you go through the story and it always looks great and fits the dark theme perfectly. Some of the locations will certainly give you the creeps. The levels are usually very linear, but often with different routes. Last Light is relatively short (about 15 hours), but that's much better than a longer game with repeating levels and content. These 15 hours will probably be among the best you've spent in a game and I already know that I'll play it many more times.
    During the game, you will also meet one of the most awesome and strange characters, but I don't want to spoil anything.

The game also runs natively on Linux and it's probably the best Linux game available so far.

It should be clear by now that Metro: Last Light is a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. If you haven't played it, switch off the lights and go play it now.
  38. Mar 18, 2014
    After purchasing Metro: 2033 almost a year ago and never actually completing the game due to its poor optimisation and constant frame rate problems, I was sceptical about buying Last Light. However, I can safely say after completing the game just minutes ago, Metro: Last Light is well worth your money and one of the best titles I've played this year.

I'll start off by saying that this

I'll start off by saying that this game is probably at the peak of any list for 'most atmospheric' games, and I genuinely felt like I was in the Metro tunnels myself when playing it. With the gorgeous textures, lighting, animation and sound effects, it feels like a horror movie at times, you cannot beat the theme of this game. Although I was forced to play with PhysX off, 'normal' textures and low anti aliasing (even using a GTX 780), the game was still amazing in terms of visuals. Compared to Metro: 2033, the optimisation seems much improved, although there were times I had major frame rate drops and I did have to follow some YouTube tutorials to fix things like field of view and switch the game to DX9 for better performance. Inside tunnels and 'smaller' areas I was getting around 60-100fps, but outside in the stormy weather conditions it could drop to around 30-40fps, still playable however.

In terms of the storyline, this was also surprisingly captivating and beat my expectations. The game does follow directly from Metro: 2033, so it's worth either playing that game or at least reading up/watching gameplay for what happened at the end of it. I won't spoil anything, but I can at least say the game captured me emotionally and I ended up playing Metro: Last Light through the night, that's how eager I was to find out what happens with the story. There are many storylines for FPS games that are often repetitive and tedious, but this game with its creepy atmosphere and incredible immersiveness will not leave you bored. The game also offers multiple ways to approach each mission, whether you go in all guns blazing or use stealth. I'd highly recommend taking the stealth route though, you'll save on ammo.

As far as negatives go, there are a few issues with the game. As I mentioned earlier, the game does cause frame rate drops and will definitely eat up your GPU if you're playing on PC. I own a GTX 780 myself which is a very expensive GPU, and even I struggled at times to run this, so I feel sorry for anyone using a lower end GPU. The game also felt at times like it was too easy. I played the game on 'normal' difficulty so I wasn't expecting it to be impossible. However, at times I was standing right in front of an AI enemy and apparently I was completely hidden from sight. There was also an abundance of ammo laying around as well as gas mask filters... not once did I run out of equipment or ammo. Last of all, I would have also liked to see some additional settings in the options menu. For such a highly graphical game on PC, it stupidly lacks things like a FOV slider, or a button to turn off motion blur... in general the settings lacked so much depth.

Overall the game is a definite buy if you're an FPS fan or just want something to immerse yourself in for around 10 hours. I definitely look forward to another game in this series, hopefully with better optimisation next time!
  39. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  40. Mar 16, 2014
    Beautiful and Deep history...waiting next game from 4K games. Great Stealth, solid gameplay. A great mixture of dark fantasy(not horror). If wanting some good FPS or Stealth(if you prefer), Metro all way up.

One of beatufiul good looking game up to now, great texture, on max settings its really amazing.
  41. Mar 16, 2014
    Как я только запустил игру,мне сразу всё стало понятно, (в плане геймплея).Иногда в игре были проблемы с физикой И.и.Игра очень атмосферна, есть хорошие и плохие моменты.Графика айс играл на ултра настройках всё понравилось, только бы полигонов побольше.С сюжетом тоже,всё ясно и понятно только я не увидел в игре развязку.ставлю девятку, только из за физики и багами со стрельбой.Как я только запустил игру,мне сразу всё стало понятно, (в плане геймплея).Иногда в игре были проблемы с физикой И.и.Игра очень атмосферна, есть хорошие и плохие моменты.Графика айс играл на ултра настройках всё понравилось, только бы полигонов побольше.С сюжетом тоже,всё ясно и понятно только я не увидел в игре развязку.ставлю девятку, только из за физики и багами со стрельбой.
  42. Mar 11, 2014
    Escribi una critica mas larga, pero no me la acepto y la perdí... Así que Simplemente sublime!!
    En todos los sentidos, sus errores no alcanzan para quitarle brillo al que para mi es el mejor FPS que he probado desde el Half-Lif 2 (salvando las enormes distancias obvio), porque me hizo rejugarlo incansablemente... Buscando el final bueno, aunque son muchos requisitos para desbloquearlo, juro que los voy a logar!!

Saludos y jugarlo y discfutarlo en PC...

La jugabilidad pulidicima! Los gráficos bestiales (dicen que iguales o mejores que Crysis, no lo probé por sus bajas notas) y un apartado sonoro enorme, con sus fallos minimos, pero enorme y muy variado...

Un 10!
  43. Mar 4, 2014
    I accidentally stumbled upon Metro 2033 in a sale and instantly fell in love. Since then I have been waiting impatiently for the sequel. I just got a chance to pick up and play Last Light over the weekend, and I love it as much as the first, although for different reasons. I'll try to be as vaguely specific as possible as to not spoil the first or last game for anyone, but you should beI accidentally stumbled upon Metro 2033 in a sale and instantly fell in love. Since then I have been waiting impatiently for the sequel. I just got a chance to pick up and play Last Light over the weekend, and I love it as much as the first, although for different reasons. I'll try to be as vaguely specific as possible as to not spoil the first or last game for anyone, but you should be able to look up what I'm talking about with the details I've provided.

I will start off with probably my biggest disappointment, and something that nagged me the entire game, something I had a really hard time coming to grips with: if you gathered enough moral points from the first game to get the alternate "good" ending, that did not carry over to Metro LL. In LL, it is assumed you got the standard, or "bad", ending in Metro 2033, the ending you get if you collect no moral points. As someone who tried very hard to get the moral points and get the alternate ending, the plot for Metro LL went on as if I did the bad ending. People talked to me as if I did the bad ending. The little one talked to me as if I did the bad ending was particularly painful. To someone who didn't want to do the "bad" ending in Metro LL (and didn't!), this bothered me the whole game. There are certain points in the game where they really tried to make you feel guilty about the "bad" ending in Metro 2033. This was especially irksome because I went through the work to get the "good ending". As a programmer I understand how much extra work would have went into essentially programming two separate dialogue and paths through the game based on choices from the previous game, but I somewhat feel that if you go through the trouble of building in a moral point system to encourage players to really think about their decisions, you're sort of throwing out all your work if you ignore the influence of the player's decisions in the next game. Again, this may not bug you as much as me, but as someone who really gets into games, this bothered me.

Other than that, this game had mostly positives. Probably the most positive was learning about Artyom before the nuclear war, and the general fleshing out of the Metro universe.

Probably the most improved aspect of the game in my opinion was the stealth gameplay. The addition of a takedown as well as the easier stealth maneuvering (on normal mode) really made the game more enjoyable for me. I'm a stealth gameplay novice and I could never seem to get the sneaking around down in Metro 2033. I had no problems this time around. Perhaps this will seem like less of a challenge for some, but this really improved my gaming experience.

Another thing I enjoyed was the morality points system. I play games to enjoy the story and interaction, and I feel like the morality points made a lot more sense this time around. I still played through with a morality point guide, but things like trying not to kill people and exploring to flesh out the story get you moral points this time around. It is, what I think, the moral point system was supposed to be: try to make moral decisions and try to learn as much as you can. I felt like Metro 2033 had a lot of weird ways to get moral points that I would never think of on my own. I feel confident I could play through LL again next time without a moral point guide and still get the good ending because the point system makes much more sense than it did in Metro 2033. YMMV, of course.

I enjoyed the filter system a lot more in LL (gas mask filters were much more plentiful), and I liked the minimal HUD system (no readout of remaining ammo in clip, etc). Limited ammo reserves for the Thiar were a pain because I love that gun, but overall I enjoyed the other upgrades to the weapon system (carrying a pneumatic weapon and shotgun weapon, for instance).

I enjoyed some of the more adult content in Metro LL, but not all of it. At some times there was bouncing and other movement that looked unnatural and was distracting.. in a bad way. I am no prude, and I love vice and debauchery as much as the next guy, but I am on the fence about sex in video games. I feel it can add a lot if done correctly, but it can be in very poor taste and distracting if not done correctly. I feel like there was some of both in LL. 4A definitely deserves credit for trying because in today's gaming landscape it's still a risky move. Some of the things were pretty over the top by US standards (though, they would be just after primetime television in some European countries), and the ones that were done tastefully added a ton of value to the game (when Anna talks about "feel[ing] alive", for instance).

Overall, I really enjoyed the game play of Metro LL. Ignoring the decisions of the first game will always be a stumbling block to me enjoying the game fully. I just hope there will be another Metro game that continues the moral ending of Metro LL.
  44. Mar 1, 2014
    A great, highly polished FPS. Beautiful graphics and amazing game play/story. A must have for FPS fans, you will not regret it. You can pick it up on sale at the Humble Bundle Store, so get it cheap while you can!
  45. Feb 21, 2014
    Beautiful, interesting game. If you`re wondering if the DLCs are worth of buying - just skip them.

GRAPHICS This game has its moments, some even make you believe you`re watching the real thing. The best effects are smoke and lights, the actual textures aren`t that good, It might be the prettiest game I ever played I think. MUSIC and STORY Where Metro : Last Light shines is the

GRAPHICS

MUSIC and STORY
    Where Metro : Last Light shines is the story. The player comes close to his protagonist and stays with his adventures. It`s not the best there is, there are some copy and paste moments but that didn`t dissatisfy me. It`s very creepy underground aswell as in the city blocks. The monsters look great and give you goosebumps. All of it creates this dense atmosphere if danger and death everywhere. You are just a human crawling through tunnels, running from monsters, trying to survive. All of the maps are good and some of them, especially on the outside make up for some very powerful moments.
    Unfortunately the ending of the story is very weak and unsatisfying but I could live with relatively bad 30 minutes of what otherwise was a great believable world and story. I never was bored for a moment.

GAMEPLAY
    It has some rough edges here and there. I beat the game in the Ranger Mode, so I didn`t know how much ammo I had, the interface was just too coarse. Other times I died not because of lack of skill or concentration but because I was meant to. There are some moments for example where you have to lookout or you fall in the green water - it was really iritating. There are some scripts that I don`t like but nothing that would kill the gameplay. Overall it is nice, much better than in Metro 2033 but sometimes I felt that the game was too rough on me. Nonetheless the savegame checkpoints are well positioned so the troublesome moments went away fast so I could enjoy the story.
    I have to say that the stealth gameplay is too fantastic - the AI is just too stupid for that. You stand in a shadow and AI acts like nothing ever happened. Other times in shootouts it just stands or crouches in one spot and waits until you kill it. Not too bad but not great either.
    Because of the gameplay I couldn`t give the game anything more than 8/10.

It has to be said that my singleplayer campaign I went through in nearly 11 hours which is above average nowadays.

The DLCs are uninteresting and make no good additions to the core game which however is very good on its own.

So to sum it all up, I think it is a great game that falls short in some areas so it`s not a GOTY material. Maybe next Metro.
  46. Feb 14, 2014
    La continuacion de un libro fabuloso
    si te gusto el Metro 2033, a que
    esperas necesitas este juegaso.

Buena historia,buenos controles,
    graficos sorprendentes y un
    physx que te dara unas fisicas
    sorprendentes.

A matar mutantes!!
  47. Feb 11, 2014
    Its really great game. best fps game i have ever played. Metro Last Light has great Story. its heart touching. and also musics and graphics awesome. it makes feeling we are actually living in metro.
  48. Feb 6, 2014
    The intense and unique atmosphere brought by the dark metro seen like never before along with a great written storyline and apocalyptic landscapes of the ruin of Moscow makes of this game a truly masterpiece.Graphically this game looks amazing.Also sounds can be very creepy at some points.Metro Last Light and 2033 are not just two simple FPS games, they are pieces of art.
  49. Feb 2, 2014
    This game is literally EPIC ! Wayyy better than Metro 2033.
    Locations are great and much more diverse than it was in first game.
    Soundtrack is awesome, voice acting is great with 2-3 exceptions. Graphics are......speachless. But what is truly breathtaking in this game, is lighting. Best I ever saw in a game. I was o-O" The end worth every minute spent in the game. Don't miss this
    This game is literally EPIC ! Wayyy better than Metro 2033.
    Locations are great and much more diverse than it was in first game.
    Soundtrack is awesome, voice acting is great with 2-3 exceptions.
    The end worth every minute spent in the game.

Don't miss this gem !

Respect developers ! Buy this game and support developers that a put soul in their games and not only desire for money.
  50. Jan 17, 2014
    Anybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would haveAnybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would have loved to see a "lean" mechanism for stealth. Still, for atmosphere, story, immersion, shooting mechanics graphics (awesome detail),etc. it would probably rate a 10. When you stop and consider the budget and the conditions under which these guys worked under, especially in Metro 2033, you just can't help applaud what they've been able to create. This game will suck you in, chew you up and spit you out and the larger gaming companies could really take note as to what makes a game good --- and it isn't MONEY. I ran the patched version for AMDs with the FOV tweak, I crashed 3 times total in the game and experienced no other bugs, maybe I was just lucky but this game was actually the least buggy game I played in 2013. As far as I'm concerned, this is my GOTY for 2013 ... yes, easily over bioshock infinite. You really have to wonder about who is slipping who money when it comes to "critic" reviews, because they rarely seem to have a clue. Expand
  51. Jan 16, 2014
    This is definitely the Ultimate First person shooter Experience.... We Wait for Call of Duty for a lot of time and what we get is garbage...... this is the only game that gets you involved in it... the story is just too well made... can't say much about the graphics and sound... etc its well.... good enough . you should prepare yourself for this one..... i was very disappointed to finallyThis is definitely the Ultimate First person shooter Experience.... We Wait for Call of Duty for a lot of time and what we get is garbage...... this is the only game that gets you involved in it... the story is just too well made... can't say much about the graphics and sound... etc its well.... good enough . you should prepare yourself for this one..... i was very disappointed to finally finish the game.... just too stunning. a Must play for all gamers Expand
  52. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  53. Jan 12, 2014
    I have been playing games for many years and in a world of dime a dozen fps games, the metro series does not disappoint. The characters and story is fresh and sucks you into the world that has been so beautifully crafted with wonderful attention to detail. I loved playing every second of last light and is definitely part of myall time greats. I eencountered one or 2 bugs in the gameI have been playing games for many years and in a world of dime a dozen fps games, the metro series does not disappoint. The characters and story is fresh and sucks you into the world that has been so beautifully crafted with wonderful attention to detail. I loved playing every second of last light and is definitely part of myall time greats. I eencountered one or 2 bugs in the game regarding cut scenes and stalled Ai, but they can be forgiven due to o everything else being great.

If you have some time and a nice rig that you can run it on maxed out, then I'd highly recommend last light, it is a roller coaster ride and will keep you begging for more
  54. Jan 5, 2014
    Currently, Metro Last Light is the best game I have ever played. Everything flows good and it is such an addicting game. The game has a great story, a variety of weapons to chose, and a great atmosphere that sends chills down your spine, but there is some cons of this game. The game is very short, with me beating it within 8 hours, which kinda sucks because its such a good game, butCurrently, Metro Last Light is the best game I have ever played. Everything flows good and it is such an addicting game. The game has a great story, a variety of weapons to chose, and a great atmosphere that sends chills down your spine, but there is some cons of this game. The game is very short, with me beating it within 8 hours, which kinda sucks because its such a good game, but there's DLC for the game which adds more campaigns to it, and that's awesome. If you're into stealth First Person Shooters, then you should definitely pick this game up, you won't regret it. Expand
  55. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  56. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I hadThis game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  57. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly? It's a fantastic game. The developers have created an immersive, creepy atmosphere accompanied by likeable characters (the few you meet) in a hostile environment. With danger lurking around most corners, it's important to stay on your toes as if you are caught unaware you may end up, well, dead.
    As for the story line, to match the atmosphere it is also very immersive. You get to know your character, and even though what he finished in Metro 2033 was wrong, you don't know that until the end of Metro: Last Light. The entire journey is enlightening and when it all ends it is truly heartbreaking, knowing that you'll never get to play as the character you've learned to like over the course of two games.
    All I can say now is that if you are looking for an immersive, atmospheric game that will surely creep you out (and even scare you), look no further than Metro: Last Light.
  58. Dec 15, 2013
    Excellent game. Fantastic graphics, sound and voice acting it top notch, controls are easy to pick up and master, great weapon customization system that's a huge improvement over the first game, and the story keeps you going. The atmosphere Metro: Last Light has created is one of the best post-apocalyptic settings I can ever remember (fallout 4 I hope you're taking notes). I can't forExcellent game. Fantastic graphics, sound and voice acting it top notch, controls are easy to pick up and master, great weapon customization system that's a huge improvement over the first game, and the story keeps you going. The atmosphere Metro: Last Light has created is one of the best post-apocalyptic settings I can ever remember (fallout 4 I hope you're taking notes). I can't for the life of me understand why people would give this a 0 rating, besides just being a troll. Picked it up on the steam black friday sales for less than $10 and couldn't be happier. Expand
  59. Dec 11, 2013
    Pretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back becausePretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back because your vision gets blurred and cracked, your character just isn't capable of running properly, and you get killed off in moments. The weapons aren't helping because they are excruciatingly slow to reload and on some monsters it's like shooting void, but I think that's intended. You just have to be careful in fights and aim good, or you're fried.
    Overrall I wouldn't call it a work of genius, but it exceeded my expectations, it's one of the few games I actually replayed after I finished it.
    p.s. And it has sex cutscenes!!!
  60. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apoI was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  61. Dec 8, 2013
    Really cool setting and interesting characters. The gameplay is really fun and shooting is an absolute pleasure, great graphics and soundwork all around. One of my top 5 games of the year
  62. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing graphics, atmosphere, sound, and storyline. Some of the best I've ever experienced for that matter. If the game were less linear, and the AI a bit smarter, I would have given it a 10.
  63. MrZ
    Dec 7, 2013
    This is an awesome story-driven shooter. The story is compelling, and the game play unique. If you're looking for a game that will give you a good story and some FPS action, this is definitely the game to buy. After playing it, It is now one of my favorite games. I would most certainly recommend buying it.
  64. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  65. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hourThis is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hour mark. I did enjoy the "on-rails" segments though, as you can listen in on hundreds of conversations and interact with many objects for some entertainment.
    And for those criticizing the game because it is on rails. Not all games should give players complete freedom, considering this game is following a BOOK, it makes sense that exploration elements are limited. The devs are focusing on creating a strong engrossing story driven game and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
  66. Nov 13, 2013
    THE BEST FPS GAME OF 2013. This game finally changed the landscape of FPS games... Every graphic, every sound, every gameplay, and the story are well-crafted to become unique...
  67. Nov 11, 2013
    This was one of the most graphically demanding games I have ever played. Not to say that it does not play well, but a high end GPU would definitely compliment this game. I was overall very impressed with the graphics. I did not play Metro 2033 so I cannot compare the two in gameplay or story, but imo the story could have been better, much better. I did like the gameplay, for me the styleThis was one of the most graphically demanding games I have ever played. Not to say that it does not play well, but a high end GPU would definitely compliment this game. I was overall very impressed with the graphics. I did not play Metro 2033 so I cannot compare the two in gameplay or story, but imo the story could have been better, much better. I did like the gameplay, for me the style of movement and shooting seemed original and not just another generic FPS. I was not impressed with some of the AI considering how much effort went into the graphics. There was just weapon attachments to make the few weapons you do get seem attractive. So other than the fantastic graphics I would give the rest of this game between a 6 and 7. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2013
    Great game, a true masterpiece, if you are looking for a FPS like COD, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a deep and fantastic story then this is the game for you, the only issue i have with it is the fairly easy difficulty, it is far easier than 2033, which I feel is not a benefit to this game, part of the gaming experience should be the feeling of beating a challengingGreat game, a true masterpiece, if you are looking for a FPS like COD, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a deep and fantastic story then this is the game for you, the only issue i have with it is the fairly easy difficulty, it is far easier than 2033, which I feel is not a benefit to this game, part of the gaming experience should be the feeling of beating a challenging portion of the game. Otherwise a solid 9/10. Expand
  69. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  70. Nov 6, 2013
    The developers of this game have paid much attention to details. Graphics are simply amazing and I'd say among the best you can get at the moment. It also supports 3D Vision, making it even more immersive. Combat/gun play, feels very organic. Sound effects are great. Sneaking (including silent take-downs with melee or throwing knives) instead of just shooting is possible too most times.
    I
    I can't say anything bad about this game, except maybe that sneaking was too easy. If you liked Metro 2033 you'll like this too.
  71. Nov 6, 2013
    I gave the game 9 and that's only because i never give 10, but this game just get it and you are on for a ride that you'll never forget, ever, true art on all levels
  72. oso
    Nov 5, 2013
    Technically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of andTechnically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of and waited with purchase for the game price to drop. Expand
  73. Nov 5, 2013
    The gameplay and graphics are good but not special. The great thing about it is the story which is immersing and intense. The atmosphere is dark and pure terror. This alone makes the game worth buying.
  74. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the most beautiful and immersive first person campaign I've played in years. Plug in a controller, sit back in the couch and enjoy this game on a large TV. Highly recommended!
  75. Oct 29, 2013
    The game has proper story. The ending is quite powerful, but leaves some question.

I really like the concept of the game, especially about how damage can damage your mask, and how you can't stand for long in open terrain and have to search for filters and better gas masks. This game would be so much better if it is open terrain, and have random weather effects, as opposed to scripted weather effects.

The weapons of this game are great, though some of it are useless. 90% of the fight are done indoors in close range, you will never use those long rifles, in my opinion. The mods used to the weapons are also good.

The enemies are only divided to two types mutants and humans. The humans are lousy shooters, the mutants put up a much better fight, not to their skill but due to their much better durability and the lack of your ammunition. I can tell that the challenge of this game is not to kill your enemy, but how to kill your enemy with as low ammunition as possible, hence one of the game's advices is "Try stealth approach"

Stealth approach is also rewarding. Violent approach is NOT easier, because ammunition is really hard to get. This game gives two options, but heavily favors the stealth approach. I don't like that. But in the end, a great, near-perfect game.
  76. Oct 28, 2013
    I dont quite understand why anyone could give this game low ratings, the storyline is immersive and interesting, the stealth is fun (although at times a tad bit easy) the combat is good on ranger mode but feels too easy on regular, and the game is highly addictive. I have heard some say they are angry its not free roam but this is a ridiculous reason not to like a game. Half life wasn'tI dont quite understand why anyone could give this game low ratings, the storyline is immersive and interesting, the stealth is fun (although at times a tad bit easy) the combat is good on ranger mode but feels too easy on regular, and the game is highly addictive. I have heard some say they are angry its not free roam but this is a ridiculous reason not to like a game. Half life wasn't free roam and open world and i loved it. Plus metro isn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R so stop trying to make it be. One word of warning though, THE SPIDERS ARE FRIGGING RETARDED. aside from that its a great game especially in today's age of generic shooters. Expand
  77. Oct 27, 2013
    I rarely write reviews, but Metro last light has compelled me to do so. I hope perhaps one other player may play this great game as a result, or one of the developers (who labored in awful conditions apparently to make this) takes heart that someone else really appreciated their efforts. It isn't perfect, but it is really worth taking the time to play. Its' greatest achievement is givingI rarely write reviews, but Metro last light has compelled me to do so. I hope perhaps one other player may play this great game as a result, or one of the developers (who labored in awful conditions apparently to make this) takes heart that someone else really appreciated their efforts. It isn't perfect, but it is really worth taking the time to play. Its' greatest achievement is giving you an incredible sense of play, the metro world is so rich, not since the original bioshock have I enjoyed being in a game world so much. Wiping rain off you gas mask, pumping your flashlight to charge, and other such features really make you feel as if you are in this post apocalyptic future. Characters are good, with a few good twists, and the bad bits (falling into water, mutants a bit lame, so balance issues) are far outweighed by the good. Give it a go! Oh, and for me it was unplayable until I found the vsync option. Expand
  78. Oct 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite 2013 games.

PROS: Amazing graphics, varied environments, good story and spectacular atmosphere. It actually makes you feel that you live the life of a metro citizen.

CONS: Some AI issues and stealth problems

This is a must own game
  79. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  80. Oct 22, 2013
    Definitely a must have!!The story is great graphisms are awesome I want more!!!!!
    A long time I wait for a game like this one I hadn't take so much pleasure from Half Life 2!!!
  81. Oct 12, 2013
    I finished this in a week. It is the best looking PC game I have and I didn't mind that it railroaded me everywhere. I played through on Ranger mode because that is the way it is meant to be played and it really is a great experience, so far my favourite game for 2013.
  82. Oct 7, 2013
    Linear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incrediblyLinear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incredibly well-presented murky world, that in my opinion is not far off the attention to detail you see in something like Bioshock Infinite. The story arc was a bit tough for me to follow, being that I never finished the first game, but still you don't need to worry as Artyom narrates the basics through the loading screens and there are notes you can access to catch up. Add that to a rich amount of NPC conversations you can eavesdrop on, and there's certainly more to this shooter than just shooting at monsters. Actually, that's one of the areas that I wasn't satisfied with. The monsters you fight are far less fun that when stealthily trying to take out guards or goons. Mostly, the monsters just charge you very quickly, you fire some shotgun rounds and they're dead. The only other thing to raise issue with, is the major lack of freedom there is to either make any kind of meaningful decisions, or to move about. It's literally like being on a beautifully-crafted fairground ride, more so than other games in this genre. Had the player been given slightly more freedom to explore or do things off the beaten track then this game could have been a 9+. Still, I heartily recommend checking out this game that is if you like your action served onrails. Expand
  83. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've hadJust as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  84. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  85. Sep 23, 2013
    A phenomenal game the vastly improves on many of the flaws from the last game. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen and the atmosphere is the best post-apocalyptic atmosphere ever. The story is also amazing. An excellent game.
  86. Sep 21, 2013
    Last light is a notable, if flawed, follow-up to 2033. It succeeds at giving more of what 2033 gave us but falls short on some of the more engrossing features. LL manages to suck you into it's world and keep you entertained, through the first play through anyway. After you've seen everything once it's hard to sit through the lengthy story-on-rails sections. Unfortunately you no longerLast light is a notable, if flawed, follow-up to 2033. It succeeds at giving more of what 2033 gave us but falls short on some of the more engrossing features. LL manages to suck you into it's world and keep you entertained, through the first play through anyway. After you've seen everything once it's hard to sit through the lengthy story-on-rails sections. Unfortunately you no longer see the blurry edge of your gas mask or night vision and we still can't move bodies which is a big hit for a stealth game.

All things considered, LL is a great game, but a little more polish and attention to detail could have gone a long way.
  87. Sep 20, 2013
    TLDNR: A prettier HalfLife 2 with a grittier ambiance and much more mature/adult content.

Metro: Last Light was an impulse purchase for me, and I started my game experience rather dubious about its prospects. I had read reviews saying "inconsistent difficulty" and "poor AI", but also "strong story". The tutorial and first level or so didn't impress me, but dear lord does the story

The tutorial and first level or so didn't impress me, but dear lord does the story and intensity ever ramp up! My first playthough has been on Hardcore, and it's earning the name. The gameplay is intense and immersive. It's been a long time since a game has raised my heart rate like Last Light does.

Pros:
    Involving, mature story with adult themes and lots of background detail.
    An amazing amount of custom voice acting and animation.
    Although linear, has solid level design and no "infinite bad guys".
    Intense "survival horror" combat mixed with standard CoD type combat.
    Pretty good enjoyable stealth implementation.
    Oh my God, they're not kidding with the "Mature" rating! NOT FOR CHILDREN

Cons:

Not particularly innovative in gameplay mechanics. Experienced FPS players will recognize everything that comes along. Familiar isn't necessarily bad, though.

Quite linear. More like CoD than Bioshock. Personally this doesn't bug me, but several other reviewers have complained that the world isn't sandbox. It's not that kind of game.

In order to get my heart thumping, the game does occasionally throw multiple strong and fast opponents at me, while I have poor visibility or sight lines. Some may call this "inconsistent difficulty". Personally, I find the intensity and challenge to be a positive quality.

Had to turn off "Advanced Physics", it was lagging the game out. If you're having massive slowdown, turn off the Advanced Physics option in the GamePlay menu!

88. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game, great sequel to Metro 2033, although it does not quite live up to it's predecessor, still better then Bioshock Infinite.

If you are into story heavy FPS, get it BUT 1st play Metro 2033 or it will get confusing with references to the past game.
  89. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  90. Sep 16, 2013
    This game grabs you from minute one. I have experienced a very polished gameplay. everything you do feels the way you want to. So if you are into shooter/survival stuff, this is your game. Then there's the story which is just very interesting in my opinion. Often stories in games bore me, this one didn't. So in general this game is a must have. However, there are few things that could haveThis game grabs you from minute one. I have experienced a very polished gameplay. everything you do feels the way you want to. So if you are into shooter/survival stuff, this is your game. Then there's the story which is just very interesting in my opinion. Often stories in games bore me, this one didn't. So in general this game is a must have. However, there are few things that could have been made even more interesting.
    1. Length. I finished singleplayer on normal in 16 hours. That could have been a little longer.
    2. Choices. The game would have been even more cool if you had a little more freedom regarding movement, places to explore etc. and the choices made in game that could lead to different endings.
    But hey as long as it lasts, this game will enjoy you to the max.
  91. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  92. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.IT IS A MUST. For the year of 2013 it is by far the BEST GOOD-LOOKING,STORY TELLING, POST-APOCALYPTIC GAME. YOU MUUST GET IT. You will not regret your decision~
  93. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  94. Sep 8, 2013
    a few minor dislikes: hit detection is distracting and should be an option, very linear and almost on the rails, enemies are blind and death, paying for difficulty levels wtf. but i have given a 8 as it could of been amazing. imagine stalker with these graphics.
  95. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not emptyLike what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  96. Sep 4, 2013
    It was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to dateIt was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to date running on a high end PC, like mine. For a linear game it builds such a terrific dark and desperate atmosphere. Every moment is tense and exciting, and stealth is rarely done better. Stealth has been drastically improved since M 2033 to the point where stealth-ing the whole game is actually an option now (save the scripted moments). The world is unique and the story is gripping original and interesting. Combat is fun and fast, although the AI on lower difficulties can be brain-dead at times. This game is easily a contender for my choice at GOTY and i cant wait for more Metro. Expand
  97. Sep 3, 2013
    Metro Last light is atmospheric, dark and keeps you in suspense. It's also a improvement from Metro 2033 which was unpolished and sometimes frustrating. Practically every aspect is an improvement from it's predecessor.
    The AI is smarter and stealth isn't as frustrating (melee kills are quiet, same for silenced weapons).
  98. Aug 28, 2013
    This game does shooting, story, and visuals perfectly, but has some problems with AI behavior and difficulty. The ranger mode was too easy and many enemies behave like they have a down syndrome. This definitely took away some appeal, but every game has its flaws. It’s hands down the best linear shooter I ever played, so it deserves a perfect score. If the difficulty was ramped up and AIThis game does shooting, story, and visuals perfectly, but has some problems with AI behavior and difficulty. The ranger mode was too easy and many enemies behave like they have a down syndrome. This definitely took away some appeal, but every game has its flaws. It’s hands down the best linear shooter I ever played, so it deserves a perfect score. If the difficulty was ramped up and AI behavior was more realistic, I would give this game 15, it’s really good. Expand
  99. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your headI have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your head off and to me.. that's pretty cool. I enjoy the characters that you meet and the plot is pretty nifty with the different factions. My only complaint so far is the stealth combat in regards to the AI. If you stick to the shadows and pop head shots with a silencer.. you can pretty much take out an army without any problems. Over all I highly recommend the game. Expand
  100. Aug 26, 2013
    Great game and more importantly a great sequel.

Great game and more importantly a great sequel.

Does it have it's imperfections? Sure. But it more than makes up for them with a great storyline, immersive environment and realistic action. Ranger mode seems to take things to a new level since Metro 2033 and it was that much more realistic and nerve wrecking at times. The moral choice system is as subtle as in the first game which only adds to the replayability of the game.

My only complaint: I wish it was a lot longer. Not to say that the game was short, I just liked it so much that I wish it kept going :)

We need more games like this!

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013