8.6

1. Jun 17, 2013
    The star of the show is the atmosphere. Everyone has said it, but it's true. The claustrophobic metro, and the breathtaking atmosphere scream detail and beauty. The gun mechanics are also pretty good. The story and characters could be way better, but the production values are enough to make it a good adventure.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!. the game is great in story, atmosphere and gameplay!!! this game IMPROVED A LOT from metro 2033( not that metro 2033 was bad)!!!!!
    the best part about the game, like metro 2033, is the atmosphere. this is just one of the best in this regard, on the level with games like bioshock and dishonored. the games atmosphere is made much better by a lot of NPC conversations. the npcs conversations are really interesting and compelling. the notes in the game are also amazing. i dont read notes in a lot of games, but here they are just really interesting and give a lot to the world. the stations are also great because they give you a lot about the world. the game also has great graphics. another really strong aspect of the game is the enviroments!!!!!
    the enviroments in the game look amazing!!!! they look really good and let a lot to the game!!! the enviroments, both under the ground and above ground look spectacular!!!!!
    the games story is amazing as well. the story is really deep and meaningful, talking about stuff like humanity not stopping fighting, even when theyre barelly living. it also talks about how we treat the different. the game is really grim and sad which is awesome) if you didnt understand it yet, THE STORY IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another thing that enhances the game is moral choice. the game has deep and meaningful moral choice, that after choosing something, i still thought that i might be mistaking. the game has 2 endings. while there is a good ending and a bad ending, they both are amazing and fullfilling!! the game has great twists! the game also has really interesting conversations with a really special character, which i wont spoil, but believe me its just awesome!!! the game also has good scares. some time it can really scare you( note that if you dont like horror games you will probably still like this( i dont like horror games but i like this))
    the gameplay is also solid. the gunplay is great, and gun fights are great. the stealth system is good, but not perfect. its a huge improvment over metro 2033s stealth, but here its too forgiving. im not saying i want it super hardcore, but you can stand here right infront of someone, but because your in the "shadows" he doesnt see you. i dont have a problem with stealth by shadows, but here it is too forgiving again, the system is good and im not expecting a super realistic stealth, but this is too forgiving)
    the game does have few downsides that stop me from giving it a 10/10. the graphics options arent really expansive. the game optimized itself to my rig really good, but it just doesnt have enough settings to tweek manually. the game also isnt bugless. i had to reload a checkpoint few times because something didnt work. theres another problem in the game with the smoke. im not sure if its intended or not, but the smoke moves really weird and unnaturaly. all the effects in the game are good, and the smoke is also good when it works. when it weird, its a bit distracting. there is also a final boss battle that was really hard to understand what to do.
    overall my complaints are really little. the most annoying ones are the smoke and bugginess.

THIS IS A GREAT AWESOME MUST BUY GAME!!!!!! ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!! THE STORY AND ATMOSPHERE ARE AWESOME, RICH AND SPECTACULAR!!! THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE ORIGINAL!!!! JUST BUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    Excellent and smooth graphics even on much higher details than recommended .
    I don't remember any serious bugs, and it was fun.
    Quite better than Metro 2033
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is not an open world hardcore shooter. It's a linear storytelling game. If you can leave with that try it. It's just great.
    Metro is the same genre as Bioshock Infinite (Exploring unique linear world mixed with a fine story and weak shooter), and for me Metro is better in this.
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this gameAwesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  6. Jun 15, 2013
    Intense atmosphere helped by amazing visuals and sharpened combat and stealth mechanics. Let down by slightly uninteresting story and an unsatisfying ending, yet doesn't take away from the great moments.
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    This game would be a lot better if the developers polished all those minor details because there are so many of them it starts to ruin the game after the 4th chapter. I'll start with the bigger ones:
    -voice acting is awful
    -character animation is clunky, unresponsive (in terms eyes following you when you move), and repetitive (animation loops are far too noticeable to miss here) -AI
    -voice acting is awful
    -AI during active battle can be stupid
    -sneaking through levels is made too easy when you can almost kiss a guard in dim lit areas and he will not notice you
    -a guard will not notice his dead comrade on the floor in dim lit areas (okay, I understand that its harder to see you in low light areas but the developers act like its pitch black)
    -linear storyline, resembles a CoD shoot-em-up/Dishonored sneak attack campaign with very little choice of where to go next. And when I say 'very little' I mean you have the occasional nooks and crannies to look around for extra ammo.
    small things that I noticed that stood out like a sore thumb which could have been easily polished:

-Pavlov didn't hold his cup while I was having a drink with him, instead it floated a foot away from his hand
    -the pianist continued to play the piano when there was no piano music playing during one of the acts
    -a dreadful pause of silence where a commander was supposed to cut-off his comrade in mid sentence
    -killed a guy who was using a blowtorch and blowtorch sparks are still running

these are just a few examples and there are a lot more and when they build up like that it starts to take effect on the quality of the game.

on the good side its got an interesting story, but we can thank the writer of the book for that, and good art style as well as graphics.
  8. Jun 14, 2013
    There is definitely foul play going on with all these 10s. This game has the ambition of a CoD campaign, minus the multiplayer and one-game-a-year deadline. The story is very sub-par, the environments are okay, the gameplay is mind-blowingly horrible. If the left mouse button on your mouse works, you can click your way to the ending. It is clunky and on rails the entire time. This gameThere is definitely foul play going on with all these 10s. This game has the ambition of a CoD campaign, minus the multiplayer and one-game-a-year deadline. The story is very sub-par, the environments are okay, the gameplay is mind-blowingly horrible. If the left mouse button on your mouse works, you can click your way to the ending. It is clunky and on rails the entire time. This game makes Tombraider's somewhat linear setting seem like an MMO. Expand
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop. Hopefully maybe have another
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Hopefully maybe have another sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    Would even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get anyWould even give a 20. 10 for overall gameplay, and another 10 for the awesome ending. This game has one of the best storyline that keeps you immersed into the game and makes you want to keep playing till the end, without any breaks! That is how GREAT this game is. Especially if you've played Metro 2033. You'll slowly realize as you progress through the game how the sequel cannot get any more perfect. Great ending too. It gives you that feeling of wanting to cry and smile at the same time. Remarkable. Graphics are excellent. The soundtracks during gunfights are nice. Hot strippers and dancers. Even the guns! not overpowering. Very realistic. Honestly the best game i've played. Expand
  11. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  12. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The positive things in this game are the environment, the weapons and the survival philosophy, but I think the story is very worn: Nazis vs Communists (implicit American faction too), sprinkled with some kind of UFO or GAIA boring elements. An American implicit faction is behind the victorious faction (Spartans or Rangers), the faction of the protagonist. Instead of take advantage of the great elements: the stealth, the mystery, the fear, the survival taste, all we have here is the same old story in a new, peculiar and very controlled environment (some free exploration in a large map would be more interesting and surprising!). Before its releasing, I imagined this game in a whole different way, but we have a game with a lot of repetitive elements, and not realistic (or childish) way of accomplish the missions; e.g., the soviet tank mission is not very different of shooting pellets in a carnival shooting range. This is supposedly a "Mature" rated game! Expand
  13. Jun 12, 2013
    Awesome and underrated! We already experienced how awesome the scenario goes but of course it is from a novel. The graphics were also very great in the first game Metro 2033. But the gameplay was lame. It doesn't make you feel like firing a weapon. But in this game. Nothing is wrong. And... also the gameplay has become this game's new face!
  14. Jun 12, 2013
    Not a *terrible* game per se but no where near to being worth $50, and I mean, this thing plays like any other $20 game, maaaaaybe $30, but even that is a bit far to hell with what it took to produce this thing, the game play is nothing, and I mean *nothing* we haven't already seen before, time and time again. I read the critics' reviews, a few of the users' reviews, bought and d/l'd theNot a *terrible* game per se but no where near to being worth $50, and I mean, this thing plays like any other $20 game, maaaaaybe $30, but even that is a bit far to hell with what it took to produce this thing, the game play is nothing, and I mean *nothing* we haven't already seen before, time and time again. I read the critics' reviews, a few of the users' reviews, bought and d/l'd the game, then played it. I must say that while it isn't the worst game I've ever played, it also isn't anything *close* to being great either. I read reviews that used such over-the-top adjectives, like "Astonishing!". Man... it's not astonishing. It's no where in the same league with astonishing. Have you never played a video game before? Jesus Christ. This game is just another linear hack-n-slash (or shoot) with merely a different coat of paint for scenery and backstory. It's the same old sh1t. This has been going on for nearly 2 decades now. It's not worth 50 bucks it's worth 20. We have better technology now, why is everyone doing the same thing and calling it great? Oh, because if you can convince people of that, just long enough for them to click the "buy" button, then you get 50 bucks times how ever many people you duped.

You have no freedom in this game. You can't run off and explore anything. There are locked doors that pop up with icons, that are never meant to be opened (it's not possible to open them). Why did they do that? If I see a sky scraper in the background and I mouse over it, I don't get a non functional travel icon popping up do I??? No I don't.

The "stealth" system is just laughable. Youtube the game and watch some of the walk-thru's. Enemy look right at you, like less that 10 feet away from you, and just keep walking and talking, basically ignoring you. L-A-M-E!

The very little you can explore in the game, you are usually under duress and pressed for time, so you really can't look around or take time to think. Like make strategies on how to fight or wonder about, really, anything. You can't enjoy the little bit that is meant to be enjoyed, in other words. And by duress I mean, you are either actively being hunted or are engaged in combat, or you have a gas mask on with just a few minutes per filter. Wow.. the more I think of it, the lamer I think this game is.

Wait for it to go on sale. Wait until it costs 20 bucks. I have no idea why people are giving it 10's. That's insane. It isn't a horrible game but it is nothing even close to great. I'd rate it a 3 because it costs $50 and is the same cookie cutter recipe of every other game (plus the devs placed the story in tunnels so it's linearity wouldn't be so noticeable but it is very noticeable.) But since I happen to be a so-so fan of post apocalyptic story lines, and this one has a decent coat of paint on it, I give it a 4.)

I have been gaming for over 20 years. This is not worth the high reviews it has been given. It is soulless, restrictive on several levels, and just has that mass-produced feel too it. That blockbuster, appease the masses, generic recipe, let's make a lot of money off these folks feel. It's nothing special. I want to be able to do several special things for $50. If I'm a stealth type, i want to be able to stalk my prey and develop complex methods for the price of $50. Shanty towns and NPC's shouldn't be so lackluster. What a hassle to explore towns. Knock on doors in towns only to be told to go away, or "Dave's not here". Why can't I bust in the door or sneak through a window?

Sheesh, I've rambled enough.
  15. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is incredible! All you want and need in a game... It got action, horror great story! I became huge fan of this game... i'll definitely play it again!
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The storyline of this game is quite interesting. Especially at the beginning of the game, when you are crawling through some tunnels, the skulls of dead people are laying around, creepy stuff brings excitement. The idea of upgrading weapons and skills is also quite good. The speed of the game is high, so when you are playing the main story, you shouldn't get bored. Expand
  17. Jun 9, 2013
    Compared to the first Metro, I think it's an improvement, but I was hoping for something better. Last Light has the same post-apocalyptic atmosphere the first game had, but the whole survival aspect of it was dumbed down, mostly because you have a gigantic arsenal of ammunition and military grade bullets all the time, even on ranger mode. Stealth is better for the most part, but is far tooCompared to the first Metro, I think it's an improvement, but I was hoping for something better. Last Light has the same post-apocalyptic atmosphere the first game had, but the whole survival aspect of it was dumbed down, mostly because you have a gigantic arsenal of ammunition and military grade bullets all the time, even on ranger mode. Stealth is better for the most part, but is far too easy due to the horrible AI and their inability to see you when you're standing right in front of them. Expand
  18. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  19. Jun 8, 2013
    I found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent butI found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent but nothing ground breaking, with careful use of stealth you can easily take them out or sneak by, creatures are much harder to evade, indeed most of my deaths were caused by creatures. The audio and voice acting is very good and quite atmospheric throughout the game. There are no real negatives to this game having only experienced a single crash, overall I would highly recommend. Expand
  20. Jun 7, 2013
    This game sets a new benchmark imo for PC graphics and atmosphere when the settings are fully cranked up, you need a strong setup to run it, I think the design and graphics needs a bafta in themselves, the apocalyptic destruction and distribution of objects and the level of detail everywhere is incredible, the consistency of object strewing across the environment is amazing, at no pointThis game sets a new benchmark imo for PC graphics and atmosphere when the settings are fully cranked up, you need a strong setup to run it, I think the design and graphics needs a bafta in themselves, the apocalyptic destruction and distribution of objects and the level of detail everywhere is incredible, the consistency of object strewing across the environment is amazing, at no point did I see a lack of detail anywhere, the sheer textural beauty of the corrosion and dirt and dust and layering of organic detail cobwebs etc make this game so immersive, the outside environments are even more amazing, and everything is done to a very high standard compared to many other so called AAA titles, the gameplay is great the mechanics solid, the story and dialog works well, maybe they could be a little better as they're are a few stereotypes, some accuse the game of a little too much handholding story wise but to be honest people fresh to the series I think wont mind, as this aids with the flow of the story, as its not as open world as some would like, But I think in terms of what metro last light set out to do, I don't think there is much to compete with it polish wise so far or that they could have done better, and I think graphics and atmosphere wise this will be a benchmark test game for many moons to come. Though this my first review on metacritic dont be confused, I've been playing games since colossal cave adventure on an osborne luggable, this is a well made game. Expand
  21. Jun 7, 2013
    Don't look at Critic Reviews. This game is underrated.
  22. Jun 7, 2013
    The gameplay, scenery, and story of this game was absolutely fantastic and I had a really fun time playing. The only thing that I found wrong about this game was the storyline being a bit too hard to follow. I found myself at at least 5 different parts saying "What is even going on." Also, the game was a bit too short in my opinion. I beat it in less than 8 hours and I didn't rush throughThe gameplay, scenery, and story of this game was absolutely fantastic and I had a really fun time playing. The only thing that I found wrong about this game was the storyline being a bit too hard to follow. I found myself at at least 5 different parts saying "What is even going on." Also, the game was a bit too short in my opinion. I beat it in less than 8 hours and I didn't rush through it or anything. I played it normally. I expected something a bit more from Metro: Last Light, but what it lacks in gameplay time and storyline telling, it makes up for in the gameplay, scenery, and story itself. Expand
  23. Jun 6, 2013
    The game is wonderful. For many years I been waiting something like this. The game is the same level as Half Life 2. Bioshock Infinite is a dead game with dead bots compared to Metro LL. I see the rating 8.9 of users for Metro LL against 8.6 for Bioshock. And I agree with users rather than critics who overrate Bioshock and underrate Metro LL.
    The game is a movie, theatre play, a novel.
    The game is a movie, theatre play, a novel. Bots are alive, I believe they are real people, I believe their motivation and behavior. They never repeat stupid phrases. They have nice face animation like in HL2. I sympathize with them, I worry about their fate.
    The game is a horror. Sometimes I feel very very terrified. And it has nice game-play. You must plan, search for decision, spare resources. Those bugs and errors I saw are nothing to influence my rate. This is the best game for the last 3 years. "10"
  24. Jun 6, 2013
    I find this game really linear, repetitive and borring. Story and climate its not enough to make it good and enjoyable experience. Its more like controlable movie with crap fighting interludes, than real fps game.
    STALKER series and Fallout series are far better than this.
  25. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  26. Jun 6, 2013
    Metro: Last Light has a fantastic story because it is based upon the great novel Metro 2033, as much as that is appreciated, i'm still kind of disappointed in the fighting engine, lots of bugs, and the fact that you have filters that are limited in minutes makes it kind of annoying, you have about 5 minutes of filters at the time, so if you don't hurry, you will suffocate. REALLY ANNOYING,Metro: Last Light has a fantastic story because it is based upon the great novel Metro 2033, as much as that is appreciated, i'm still kind of disappointed in the fighting engine, lots of bugs, and the fact that you have filters that are limited in minutes makes it kind of annoying, you have about 5 minutes of filters at the time, so if you don't hurry, you will suffocate. REALLY ANNOYING, but as most, stealth is the key. all in all a pretty good game. Expand
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    First of all, I must express my extreme disgust at Ranger Mode being sold as DLC. What blatant profiteering. I deducted two points alone for that. Way to push to PC gaming closer to the edge of oblivion 4A, greedy bastards!

Onto the game. First the pros: extremely detailed and beautiful graphics, a must see at 1440p. The sound is well done also, and the weapons are great fun. What mutants and monsters there are are great. Action is awesome as well in some places. The atmosphere of this game is nearly tangible; I haven't been creeped out by a game in a while. It truly feels like the world of Metro 2033 still. The most impressive areas of the game are all surface areas. It really seems like a bleak, dangerous and lost world, overrun by mutants.

Onto the bad. I already mentioned the odious DLC practice, so this part concerns game play. The game is extremely linear, like its predecessor, but seems even more so in LL. Feels like I can't explore at all and the all explorable areas are painfully obvious. Also, in Hardcore or even Ranger Hardcore, the enemy AI is very stupid and boring. If it's somewhat dark in an area full on enemies, you can quite easily sneak right behind them without notice, and if they do notice, they'll convince themselves it was nothing. Or, just silently head shot an entire room of enemies no sweat, no challenge. If you do rouse the enemy, usually intentionally, it is way too easy to lose them. They won't give chase more than a few feet and usually end up running in circles shouting or mindlessly into the wall.

Monsters and mutants are much more fun to fight, but are very, very infrequent. It got very old in the game fighting people most of the time. There is too little of a supernatural feel to this game, something 2033 was far superior at.

Also, I love a good engrossing story in an FPS, but this game is ridiculous in how much agency they take away from the character. It seems like the game takes control of Artyom a lot, in cut scenes, even in the midst of battle. It really decreases the immersion for me, losing control of my character so much.

And the ending is extremely anticlimactic, frustrating, and disappointing. It's clearly intended to do nothing more than suggest a sequel, much like crappy movies and TV shows do.

In conclusion, I'm sorry to say that the Metro franchise has been overtaken and ruined by corporate meddling. It's difficult to know who to blame for this with so many different brands smeared on the box cover. Greedy DLC policies and serial treatment may be becoming the norm for PC games, but I always be critical of such policies as will most hardcore gamers.
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Here we are again, stealthily killing our adversaries to save every last bullet, and we look good doing it....

That's the beauty of Metro LL, this isn't about running into every confrontation like Rambo, and hoping that you have enough bullets to leave a clip inside of every enemy. Metro is all about tactic, using everything in sight and in your person to annihilate and run through an entire stage, without being spotted. One can easily assume, that this is a stealth game disguised as a fps, and they wouldn't be wrong.

The visuals in metro are "ok" they're passable, more attention goes to the lighting, which is eerily spot on, and at times makes you wish you had a flashlight. When it comes to creeping you out, or keeping you on your toes, Metro is up there with the best. Atmosphere is what this game is about, the sounds, lighting, and dialogue are what holds this to be true.

With that said, Metro does has its faults; this is made apparent when the "monster segments" come up, because at that point, it turns from a stealth shooter, to an all out game of twich turning and emptying clips. I understand that not much could be done about the spider creatures and "dog" mutants, when it comes to stealth, but wasting even a bullet on one seems hypocritical of the them of the game.

The point is to conserve bullets for emergency situations, being thrust into a conflict with more than five enemies that take more than one bullet to kill is only an emergency situation, once; anytime after that and its monotonous and one dimensional.

With all of its flaws, Metro Last Light, is still a compelling story, it feels and sounds like it came out of a book, and that's a huge seller for me, everything is taken into consideration, from wiping your gas mask, to replacing your air filter. These little pinches of realism are what add to versatility of the gameplay.

While it may not be a perfect 10, Metro Last Light, deserves two playthroughs.
  29. Jun 4, 2013
    If the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant IIf the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant I jump over this, go under that, I dont want to chose x I want to chose y....but the best immersion I have had in a game is worth that.

You care about your gear, you fear monsters, you think about moral choices, you feel a bit naughty in the stip club, fatherly to the the kids and brave like one of the warriors. There's really nothing more needs saying because the game play that leads you to bother about these things must be brilliant to achieve this.

This game sets a new benchmark for me, graphically and most of all confidence wise. What I mean by confidence is that nowadays any game makers at some point seem to get bored, decide to make us like what they like, rush, or just plain act stupid. This is something that has been thought out, and executed very, very nearly perfectly, without compromise.

It hits standards I haven't seen a game hit in years. It does so on release date. Immediately into my top 5 games of all time, yes its linear but that is an absolutely necessary compromise. I think the title of linear fps is a bit glib and outdated, I think this is the first truly successful attempt at combining film and computer game; placing you as the star. Enjoy.
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing UltraThis game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing Ultra without AA on a GTX 560. Gameplay is solid and tight and again an improvement over its predecessor. 10/10 without a doubt. Expand
  31. Jun 4, 2013
    After my review of Bioshock Infinite and my references to Metro Last Light I now decided to put a Last Light review in too.

Story: based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to

Story:

based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to find out more about the dark ones and then has to kill him.
    But as usual not everything works as expected and so he gets into real trouble again with the faschists and communists. But enough of the Story itself.
    So from the kind of telling the story, Metro Last Light has a Half Life stile storytelling. So every person interacts with you and tells you whats going on, but you never reply to them ingame thats what I would see as the biggest issue in the game, because the story looses atmosphere through it. Only in the loading screens Artjom talks about whats happening.

Audio:

The audio is a bit of a two sided swort. There will be people complaining by the russian accent but others would say this is a necessary part of the game. I belong to the second ones, so for me this is not a point where Last Light looses score. But as I already told in story part, you protagonist never talks. Thats sad. Except of this, for a story telling shooter alle the weapon sounds and the environment sounds a really great an atmospheric.

Gameplay:

So gameplay I liked the very most. Is it changing your filters for your gas mask, or wiping the dirt out of you view until pumping up the electricity for your flashlight/nightvision this all fits so much into gameplay and is from my side the most ignored feature in most scores. So whenever the action began to start these elements made it a fight for survival which really kept me having fun on it.

Graphics:

Well the most pro argument why Metro is at least at the same meta score as Bioshock Infinite for me.
    I know most people would now say, yes but the Graphics are not everything. Thats right, but in a FPS Graphics are mainly the focus and not the story! So from the awesome lightning, detailed textures (espacially in the outdoor regions) and awesome animations of the characters this game is really one of the best looking games that you can play at this time. So especially for the PC version that is coming pretty close to Battlefields actual Frostbite engine!

Verdict:

So for me this is also a must play title. It also tells parts of the book Metro 2033 new and changes the story that far, that Metro 2035 will be based on the events in Last Light.
    The game is not too short, it took me about 15 hours I guess and I really enjoyed the twists and the awesome looking graphics.
  32. Jun 3, 2013
    Metro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different andMetro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different and unique shooter. Expand
  33. Jun 3, 2013
    Similar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this gameSimilar to Bioshock Infinite (but better done, imo) this is an on-rails, story-drive game. However, where this game BLOWS Bioshock Infiinite out of the water is in both graphics and attention to enviornment detail. I've never cared so much about a character (the Dark One) as I did in this game. Also, all the conversations you could listen to were stunning. The worst thing about this game is the random which I almost feel dumb for complaining about (they even jiggle!) but it doesn't feel contextualized or necessary. I fqing loved this game, felt a little hollow pit in my stomach when it ended (like with the last LOTR movie). Most of the game is relatively easy on normal mode with some nice frustratingly desperate battles. Just enough to keep me, an un-professional fps'er, having to repeat multiple times but always getting it done eventually. First rate story, first rate voice acting, top-o-the-fqing-line graphics, amazing story (for a video game), and a satisfying conclusion that leaves me anxious to play the next in what I hope is a series. A must play!

In fact, I'm going to play it again a second time now that I know something (no spoilers) that I didn't when I started, just to get the second ending (which I've already seen on youtube) just because I feel I owe it to the little Dark One! So good!
  34. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  35. Jun 2, 2013
    I had such high hopes for this game. I had read so many stories about its development process... about how they had listened to the people who played the first Metro and fixed all the bad things. It was all a lie. This game is only different from the original in that they took all the bad things and made them worse. They build this beautiful world and then punish you for wanting to exploreI had such high hopes for this game. I had read so many stories about its development process... about how they had listened to the people who played the first Metro and fixed all the bad things. It was all a lie. This game is only different from the original in that they took all the bad things and made them worse. They build this beautiful world and then punish you for wanting to explore it. If you thought the first was strait-jacket linear, this one is murder. So many interesting places you simply can't go. So much wasted potential. This game is really small once you figure that out. it looks a lot bigger than it is. It is a rip-off. Expand
  36. Jun 2, 2013
    I did not like this game. This is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything. CONTROLS: Overall, the responsiveness of the controls was great. ENVIRONMENT: I like the concept of the post apocalypse world. If you like open worlds avoid this game. I for one don't really care too much about the world being open but this world was so closed in that I felt like I was on a conveyorI did not like this game. This is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything. CONTROLS: Overall, the responsiveness of the controls was great. ENVIRONMENT: I like the concept of the post apocalypse world. If you like open worlds avoid this game. I for one don't really care too much about the world being open but this world was so closed in that I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. VOICE ACTING: Absolutely atrocious. The voice acting in this game is so bad it literally ruined any little bit that I actually liked the game. Terrible, terrible, terrible. GRAPHICS: Great. OVERALL: Been there, done that. This game is nothing new and in fact is does a much worse job than most in a crowded genre. Expand
  37. Jun 2, 2013
    Metro 2033 is a good game, impress me very much, but Metro: Last Light is much better! Great graphics, nice music, perfect atmosphere (especially in the spiders' caves, and the final war),and the stories about human, monsters and dark ones, this is just an amazing game, I've finished this game two times since it's incredible, and I will play one more time to show to my brother.
  38. Jun 2, 2013
    Though, this game is not ideal and has some minor drawbacks (for example check-points), it totally deserves 10 points, because of its atmosphere, detailed world, rich characters and interesting plot. And also because of the fact that this game was made with so little a budget and yet can be compared with major titles with large budgets. We need more games like this!
  39. Jun 1, 2013
    A game with atmosphere is a game you can truly immerse yourself in, and that is what Last Light decided to delight me with. With improved FPS mechanics and a compelling story, Metro is one of this generation's greats
  40. Jun 1, 2013
    I was trying to be generous going through this game and giving it the benefit of the doubt when things were not as smooth as I would have liked. The fact is: This game is garbage! There are no directional indicators for anything and no way of fighting off most of the creatures in the game. The controls are ok but movement is stiff and slow. The npc's are essentially worthless and the storyI was trying to be generous going through this game and giving it the benefit of the doubt when things were not as smooth as I would have liked. The fact is: This game is garbage! There are no directional indicators for anything and no way of fighting off most of the creatures in the game. The controls are ok but movement is stiff and slow. The npc's are essentially worthless and the story is weak at best (did not read the book). The objectives seem pointless because you never seem to get anywhere and when you do it's another betrayal. You never seem to figure out who or what to kill, not to mention that there is no indication on what weapons are the best to kill what enemies/ damage ratios. I'm completely lost with no hope of redemption on this one. The graphics aren't bad but the dialogue is remedial and abstract, not put together well. I'm not sure why someone bothered to make this game except that someone wrote a book and a lot of people purchased it. Kind of like Harry Potter goes to bombed out Moscow; the only thing is there is no dark wizard and no real story here. Another "Apocolyptic Genecidal FPS" with no real point to make.
    If you like running around a wasteland with giant bugs and radioactive "werewolves" shooting everything in sight then you will probably like this game, for me I prefer a little bit of "mindfulness" to a game. Substance is more of what I crave than just blasting away at everything I see. No points for making a point, but then there's no point in that, either. Seriously, people! Dishonored was better than this by far and that game was a smashing disappointment. Can't somebody make a game that is actually good anymore?
  41. Jun 1, 2013
    I just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere soI just beat Metro: Last Light, and just like the original, I can say it was the nearest experience I've ever had to perfect. It's not just a game, it's an experience... an immersive, beautiful, gritty, heroic, and epic experience. The graphics are perfect and there's no game in the world with superior graphical fidelity. The worlds are deep, gritty, grimy, and crawling with atmosphere so thick and deep that you would get stuck in it if you tried crawling in... which is the exact thing I recommend you do with this game... climb in, immerse yourself, get stuck in it until it's over. The game told an amazing story, the characters were great, the worlds were stunning, and every single element was crafted with utmost care.

I'd love the next Metro to be more open-world, closer to STALKER (because it's such an amazing series with dynamic gameplay, great sounds, lore, atmosphere etc.). Please, 4A Games! Give us more Metro above-Metro areas to explore and we'll gladly pay for another masterpiece.

Nonetheless, so far, this game is my Game of the Year 2013 and, without any doubts, my FPS of 2013. Thank you for your amazing efforts.
  42. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me reallyAnother awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  43. May 30, 2013
    It's a very visually impressive game, especially when you're on the surface. I know it's not right to judge a game by it's graphics but they really impressed me. The story was really good and the guns felt solid. The graphics and the FFB were also really immersive and impressive and created a really tense atmosphere. the feeling was bleak and depressing throughout the game, even when youIt's a very visually impressive game, especially when you're on the surface. I know it's not right to judge a game by it's graphics but they really impressed me. The story was really good and the guns felt solid. The graphics and the FFB were also really immersive and impressive and created a really tense atmosphere. the feeling was bleak and depressing throughout the game, even when you went outside and the colours were vibrant, it still had a bleak atmosphere. Also I really liked the gas masks and lack of ammo which really made you think about the game and plan ahead. It is a game which leaves you thinking about it for a long time
    However the characters were average at best, it wasn't as much of a horror game as I hoped, the AI was poor and there are a great many more glitches than expected. Also, I didn't like how the atmosphere was interrupted by the cheerier populated areas where you get bombarded with (who likes video game porn anyway?) I'm hopeful that if in future Metro titles the technical issues at least can be resolved.
  44. JEK
    May 30, 2013
    I really love this game. Post apocalyptic FPS game. The graphics and gameplay are great just like Metro 2033. I'm just wondering why they changed the voice actor from 2033. Overall this is really a good game and I recommend it.
  45. May 30, 2013
    GOOD: What I really like about it is: It has a dense and very well told atmosphere. One of the best I have seen so far. The shooting and game play is very good too. The graphics nice and detailed.
    BAD: There are so many invisible walls and such a tight corridor you are running through, that it always feels like you are forced down a tight alley, not knowing, where you can jump in/on and where not. This massively decreased gaming experience for me.
  46. May 30, 2013
    Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

With Artyom now being hardened ranger rather than some nobody from station at the edge of metro, the tunnels don't really feel as mysterious or dangerous as they used to. The atmosphere is still there when visiting the stations, but the impact it used to make in 2033 is somewhat gone. Since nothing else like 2033 came out since then, that isn't really much of a problem.

What certainly is a problem and what I consider the greatest flaw of the game, is how easy the stealth approach is. In 2033 you cold try and go stealth from time to time, but since everyone knew exactly where you are the moment someone hardly glimpsed you, it worked rather as a way to take down a bunch of guys before the shooting started stealth wasn't really a safe option. In Last Light however the stealth is made super-easy to the level where I had about 3 open firefights with human enemies in a whole game. Enemies are near-blind in "darkness", take considerable amount of time to acknowledge your presence in light and are positioned in such way that you can take out almost all of of them without anyone noticing. It just isn't really much fun things should go bad more easier, it should be more challenging to make a silent kill, ways to distract the enemy should be available and necessity for silent removal. Firefights in 2033 were simply more enjoyable than stealth in Last Light. And you can't really go guns blazing when playing on Ranger Hardcore difficulty.

Now, the fact that Ranger Hardcore difficulty is a paid DLC/pre-order bonus didn't bother me much, since 1) I did pre-order, 2) I am a clerk at the games retail store and all copies we have do have the DLC included, which is the case with most of the early "limited" copies of games. What baffles me though is that this technically paid-for DLC is broken. One of its features is the game being HUDless and certain actions don't have reliable feedback outside the HUD, most obviously secondary weapon selection process has to be done with almost no indication that anything is happening. Being able to visually check how much ammo/currency I have or what upgrades does my current gun sport would be helpful too.

Last Light obviously looks great and runs pretty good even on less powerful cards. I have to say though that 2033 graphics felt a bit more... hm.. sharp. Crisp. Last Light sort if loses some detail. I have similiar problem with Crysis games from technical standpoint, the first one seems to look the best to me. Last Light is nontheless one of the best looking games out there and some of the sceneries are just breathtaking and storms on the surface are pure awesome.

Hm.. what else is there to say... combat with mutants got a lot better, although their dead bodies still act like inflated with helium for some reason and slowly float to the ground so it's hard to tell if they are already dead and I don't really get how you can screw this up in a first place. There's a bunch of bossfights, two maps before the first one (I think) there are almost no resources scattered around the place so I ended up going against it with 30 seconds on gasmask and 30 bullets in the gun. Got to reaload older checkpoint and sprint through to save up on ammo and filters.

I know I am rather critical there, I usually am pinpointing mistakes is just that easier, but bear in mind that in this decade there aren't many FPS games on comparable quality level since Metro 2033 (which I do consider a shlightly better game than Last Light if you didn't figure it out by now) only Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 3 come to mind, as far as I am concerned.
  47. rlh
    May 29, 2013
    The epic tale of the troubled tunnel-dweller, Artyom, returns in this direct sequel to the 2010 game Metro 2033. Unlike it's predecessor, Metro: Last Light is not based of a novel, but is a story created for the video game world with the Metro series writer, Dmitry Glukhovsky. The developers at 4A Games did a great job transforming Glukhovsky's talent for writing into a game that dripsThe epic tale of the troubled tunnel-dweller, Artyom, returns in this direct sequel to the 2010 game Metro 2033. Unlike it's predecessor, Metro: Last Light is not based of a novel, but is a story created for the video game world with the Metro series writer, Dmitry Glukhovsky. The developers at 4A Games did a great job transforming Glukhovsky's talent for writing into a game that drips an oppressive atmosphere from every rusted pipe, and tries it's best to convey emotions that people forced to live in concrete, monster filled tunnels would feel as they scavenge and fight for every scrap of food and every bullet. However, the game falls short in it's attempts to convey these emotions, with every character lacking even a speck of emotion on their scarred and dirty faces. It's hard to get "into the mood" while a 'lover' t stares into your sins with soulless eyes and the face of a statue. But that's okay, because your eyes will be attracted to all the 'lady parts' flopping around screen with oddly over-the-top jiggle physics. Attempting to prove how immoral a place the irradiated metro has become, women are more-than-often put in the role of rape victim or stripper, which seem to be the only background NPCs the developers care about. Most people recycle the same handful of faces and the same three articles of clothing randomly arranged. The lack of diversity becomes very apparent during a scene in a theater where you can play a little game called "Find the obnoxiously vibrant gingers!" Still, even with the stoic faces, the game manages to create truly memorable characters. No player will go through the game without learning to love (or hate) the self proclaimed 'good communist', Pavel. The game makes Pavel feel like a useful companion, who can take care of himself, and keeps the player entertained with memorable dialogue and quirks. Other companions throughout the game also do a good job of being generally likable and truly striking and unique characters. They are so well done that it would be truly shocking not to see, at the bare minimum, Pavel winning a nomination for Best Supporting Character. Going into game play, the game handles like a very good FPS, with simple and responsive controls. Post-Apocalyptic fans and 'realists' will love the minor actions of having to periodically charge your light with a makeshift charger or monitoring their gas mask's filter levels in the toxic remains of Moscow. Overall this game is a smooth shooter, a tense survival horror and a must-play for fans of STALKER (plenty of minor homages abound), Fallout or people looking to fill the void of good single player games that this year has yet to offer. Expand
  48. May 29, 2013
    This is a great game with a somewhat mystical story line that held my interest throughout. Artyom, however, is nothing more than a killing machine with very little meaningful dialog. As far a the game goes, this one plays well in spite of occasional freezes. The battles are challenging and the weapons are robust. I recommend this game highly. It's worth the $50.
  49. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light not to introduce anything new that you've not seen in the original game, but continues to offer such different shooter, with a very well led and spectacular setting rarely seen at games in first person, with a sin gameplay be notable fulfills its mission, despite the IA enemy is not all good. Metro Last Light is a bright game, with small faults, but brilliant game and thatMetro Last Light not to introduce anything new that you've not seen in the original game, but continues to offer such different shooter, with a very well led and spectacular setting rarely seen at games in first person, with a sin gameplay be notable fulfills its mission, despite the IA enemy is not all good. Metro Last Light is a bright game, with small faults, but brilliant game and that any amateur who played at Metro 2033 should miss, since they will enjoy this sequel. A great job by the guys from 4A Games. Expand
  50. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light is better than its predecessor. While the gameplay is similar to call of duty and battlefield; the graphic, story, game mechanism and world are better than CoD or BF. This game is a well blend of horror and action and a must play for every gamer. This game is definitely worth playing.
  51. May 28, 2013
    the game is really really nice...its bad that you dont get your weapons of choise from the first missions but still the game is amazing and in some parts really sad by hearing the stories of the poor people in the metro who just wait to die....
    i loves the game and i suggest you play it
  52. May 28, 2013
    Great gameplay
    Amazing graphics, atmosphere and sound
    But
    Very Bad story silly story
  53. May 28, 2013
    Extremely fun game with brilliant graphics, atmosphere as well as a fantastic storyline. I played for hours on end and the stealth and combat mechanics are far superior to the Metro 2033 predecessor. Completely worth playing!
  54. May 28, 2013
    A totally frustrating experience.
    A totally frustrating experience.
    The realisation of a post apocalyptic world is fantastic, especially when you are out of the "tunnels" is jaw droppingly amazing. BUT there are several severe draw backs. First off the game breaking glitches. Rooms of "frozen" enemies, and "locked view" in combat. It is no good restarting from last checkpoint, the only way round is to restart the whole chapter.
    The story-line goes from pretty interesting to absolute baggy pants in the last third.
    Apart from a few superb "horror" sections, the level design allows for no exploration or interaction and is far to linear Such a shame when the vistas are invitingly stunning.
    The AI are so dumb they deserve to be slaughtered rather than just knocking them out.
    And having to BUY dlc to open up a difficulty mode (Ranger) is utterly shameful.
    This is a story based shooter where the shooting is moderately ok and the storyline goes from Meh to Bleh.
    My advice? Wait till price drops by at least half
  55. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silentlyThe game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  56. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9,The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  57. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both areMetro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  58. May 27, 2013
    First, the bad stuff.

First, the bad stuff.

Played this through in one sitting (not in itself a bad thing) on a high end dual graphics card machine However, some "levels" (the periods between loading screens) seemed to be very small, and control is taken away from the player very frequently for extremely boring cutscenes or poorly written dialogue THAT CANNOT BE SKIPPED. This was intensely jarring for me together with the cinematic "fade to black" effects that for some reason last up to 10 seconds (literally just staring at a black screen before a loading screen comes up, and this is with a pretty fast SSD so I think this is a conscious development decision) this seriously detracted from the immersion for me. What's the point of a first person perspective in-game rendered cut scene if the player can't have full control of his actions? Artyom falls unconscious in this game very, very often so often that you have to wonder about how much brain damage he's accumulated the story telling gimmick is overused to the point of ridiculousness.

I wasn't particularly moved by the story or the atmosphere that the other reviewers are so gushing about the post nuclear apocalypse theme was done far better with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and the story is a typical on rails "why can't we be friends" feel good boredom that we've all seen before.

Good stuff, as an FPS it is decent and enjoyable, with both stealth and straight up shooting well rewarded. But frankly, not worth the $50 price of admission.
  59. May 27, 2013
    The best FPS ever. you robbing yourself if you miss this game. No matter what genre is your favourite this game will leave you speechless. get it right now.
  60. May 27, 2013
    I adore the gloomy atmosphere of the game. Now it's even better and more realistic than in Metro 2033. To me it's the best game I have played ever except Doom 1. And the bonus is as you may find in Internet those real places in Moscow and compare how they look like in our world.
  61. May 27, 2013
    Ayant adoré metro 2033 je ne pouvais que faire celui-ci, et quel jeux!!!Ambiance de dingue!Histoire de dingue!Je déplore juste une IA trés faiblarde mais c'est tout.Sinon encore une fois ce métro surpasse n'importe quel FPS pop-corn!!!Merci 4A games!!!!
  62. May 26, 2013
    One of the BEST games I played so far this year! Its as good as Bioshock but takes place in Moscow. Amazing story and gameplay. The shooting is awesome!
  63. May 26, 2013
    Hay, Well I Have Tried Metro 2033 But This Is Really the Most Horrific Game I Played May Random Stuff and Nothing to Expect Which I like Most, May be it is Very Basic FPS Playing But Still One of Best Games I Played. One Thing to Add Really That Game Attracts U So Much Like U want to Complete it All Way To End One Time, :D
  64. May 26, 2013
    This game is just great. It does a great job of immersing you in that world while also having a great story,
    gameplay, and atmosphere, along with a creepy dim-lit environment and some really neat survival horror elements. It just fails to deliver a challenging stealth mechanic and i still feel like some of the characters could use more work, like Anna, of which Artyom starts caring about her out of nowhere.
  65. May 26, 2013
    In reality worth an 8.5-9. but gotta counter them 0's.
    People seem to forget that story telling FPS games are a genre. they exist, they market to a certain audienc. The gam itself runs smooth, immersive story/ambience, AI is just fine in ranger/hard mode, love the stealth aspect.
    One minor thing is the ridiculous Ranger DLC, publisher is to blame tho. All-in all, awesome game and grats
    In reality worth an 8.5-9. but gotta counter them 0's.
    One minor thing is the ridiculous Ranger DLC, publisher is to blame tho.
    All-in all, awesome game and grats to the devp for bringing such a high quality game on the market for such a low budget.
  66. May 26, 2013
    Metro LL is a solid survival shooter. It is linear, although it does offer some pretty decent replay value due to the difficulty options. The story is incredible, combat is fun, graphics are nice. Worth the money.
  67. May 26, 2013
    This series has a great storyline. I found the first game to be more immersive and a bit more engrossing, but this sequel doesn't disappoint. I think one of the most impressive feats of this game, the first and the second, is to take a beat to death storyline concept (post-nuclear apocalypse) and make it engaging and thought provoking, and really fun, all in one. Not easy to do, andThis series has a great storyline. I found the first game to be more immersive and a bit more engrossing, but this sequel doesn't disappoint. I think one of the most impressive feats of this game, the first and the second, is to take a beat to death storyline concept (post-nuclear apocalypse) and make it engaging and thought provoking, and really fun, all in one. Not easy to do, and they did it marvelously. Expand
  68. May 26, 2013
    Great atmosphere, graphics, audio and shooting action. The story and narrative are mostly OK, but nothing too outstanding, however the shooting and atmosphere more than make up for it.

Play in a dark room and headphones for the best effect. And if you have NVidia 3D you must use it. This looks amazing and jaw dropping in 3D. This game has the best graphics to date for any PC title and is genuinely improved by 3D.

The weapon mods and weapon selection ensure you will find a combination that you really enjoy.
  69. May 26, 2013
    A very short play through that was easily achieved in hardcore mode. Had some great moments but also some very annoying "led by the hand" moments. As with the last one the graphics were atmospheric but hadn't really moved on at all. I'm glad I bought it and played it but overall expected more and generally felt let down at the end. But hey, I'm getting used to that at the moment what withA very short play through that was easily achieved in hardcore mode. Had some great moments but also some very annoying "led by the hand" moments. As with the last one the graphics were atmospheric but hadn't really moved on at all. I'm glad I bought it and played it but overall expected more and generally felt let down at the end. But hey, I'm getting used to that at the moment what with Dead Space 3 and Bio shock Infinite, delivering the same deflation. Expand
  70. May 25, 2013
    Very good game, with an atmosphere that will give you goosebumps throughout the story.
    Very Linear story, so your never off the path long, only venturing off into the darkness when your hear of civilians in need of help
  71. May 25, 2013
    I have been looking forward to this game for a while now, and anticipation built up--I felt like I was going to be disappointed since a lot of sequels I look forward to seem to disappoint as well.

Not this sequel, however. Metro: Last Light is the direct sequel to Metro 2033. The game feels and plays exactly like Metro 2033, with minor improvements and game play features. While for

Not this sequel, however.

Metro: Last Light is the direct sequel to Metro 2033. The game feels and plays exactly like Metro 2033, with minor improvements and game play features. While for some games, if the developers don't make many improvements from the previous title many would complain, I feel that does not at all apply to this. When I was looking forward to this game I wanted it to be as similar to Metro 2033 as they could make it. And so they did.

This game is best played with headphones, in the dark with no disruptions what so ever and a few hours to spare, just like 2033 was. If you can get to play Last Light in this setting you can feel very immersed in the game which is what I loved from Metro 2033. When you're in a station almost all of the civilians have something to say to you, or something for you to listen to. There are some points that break the immersion however, with characters in the background's models flipping out in some cut scenes and events.

Last Light is a very linear first person shooter--which some may not like but if you have played 2033 you would be very familiar with. However, there are some moments where you are set on a distinct path but an unknown doorway catches your eye, and with curiosity you take a peek in, leading you to interesting and eerie path ways which will end up putting you back on that same path. It's just an interesting addition that extends play time ever so slightly and adds to the atmosphere of the game.

The graphics in Last Light weren't anything too spectacular--they looked great but there are games today that can certainly compete with it. They were improved since 2033. The game did take a toll on my Radeon Graphics card (Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition), however which I was pretty disappointed in, especially with the patch that fixed the problems the game was getting. On high settings with 2x AA and AF 4X, I would get around 60 frames usually, but that would frequently drop with scenes with a lot of fire/particles on screen.

One early gripe I had with the game's graphics is very small but disappointing to me. There are four graphics settings in the game I believe; Low, Medium, High and Very High. An early scene in the Metro had smoke particles hovering over the ground, with all settings under very high, these particles looked like still billboarded (images that always face you, wherever you are) images of smoke jittering around. Seeing this in a very sharp and good looking environment just puts me off. Luckily I only saw this around 3-4 times in the whole game.

Even playing in the game's 'Ranger mode' which was supposed to be a harder version of the game, limiting supplies and removing HUD, the game was fairly easy and I could find supplies and guns around every corner almost. Most fighting in Ranger Mode was very easy and stealth was a breeze to go through. The boss battles, however took a few tries to complete--mainly because of my lack of ammo or breath on the surface.

On the topic of boss battles, it's very easy to know when one is coming up, you usually see a small arena of sorts and whenever a boss battle occurred, I could usually see it coming which was disappointing. If I could get more moments where I could yell "Oh s**t!" that would make the game much better. There are a lot of moments where you find yourself running out of ammo or being surrounded by beasts where you don't know what to do--which some may not like because retrying a scene over and over again breaks immersion a lot and can be very, very annoying.

Overall I give this game an honest 9/10. This game does live up to the quality that was it's predecessor and I would enjoy playing both again and again! I would recommend anyone interested to buy and play it, but ONLY when you have played Metro 2033 first.
  72. May 25, 2013
    Metro Last Light is a great game. Decent story, reach character like Pavel but also it was kind of disappointing in some aspect. I personally did not pre order this game so I was not able to experience the hardcore ranger mode but I was able to play the hardcore ranger mode threw torrent. Anyway playing this game first time threw with hardcore ranger mode really made this game reallyMetro Last Light is a great game. Decent story, reach character like Pavel but also it was kind of disappointing in some aspect. I personally did not pre order this game so I was not able to experience the hardcore ranger mode but I was able to play the hardcore ranger mode threw torrent. Anyway playing this game first time threw with hardcore ranger mode really made this game really enjoyable. Now I know that the developers were going for full immersion by limiting the hid and such, but the human ai and stealth mechanic of this game kind of ruined that immersion for me. Like I shot a bullet with my suppressed revolver at an enemy but it missed and hit the wall right behind him. I expected him to notice the missed shot bit he just went along doing stuff like he did not here the great crack made by the bullet on the wall. Also I did not like how I was totally invisible to the enemy wheni was hiding in the shadow no matter how close I was to them. I was able to sneak pass by every sneaking level with out firing a single bullet or killing them. Another reason why it kind of took me out of immersion was because I was able to not see feet. This maybe a stupid opinion but to me, being able to see my own characters feet is a big deal in immersion. If you ever played Battlefield 3 or Arma series you guys probaably know what I mean. Anyway besides those the games monster battle and general atmosphere were very tense and immersive so for me, this game was 7 out of 10 Expand
  73. May 25, 2013
    Last Light may be a game, that you may have discounted. I know i did, but the other day i decided to pick it up and have a go. I never regretted it. I have never been immersed in a game so much as Last Light. I highly recommend you give it a try.
  74. May 25, 2013
    I don't really care that much about the DLC Ranger Mode thingy. I got the ranger mode and it was really worth it. This game is much better than the first. The graphics are stunning and the story is awesome. I completely loved every second of this game. I hope they're making a sequel. :D
  75. May 25, 2013
    Being a huge fan of Metro 2033, I was extremely excited to find out about this sequel. I had been anticipating this game for two whole years. Now that it's come out and I've played it, I can say that I absolutely love this game. About as much as the first one. There are things about it I DON'T like, but it was the same case with the first game (and plenty of other games I've played andBeing a huge fan of Metro 2033, I was extremely excited to find out about this sequel. I had been anticipating this game for two whole years. Now that it's come out and I've played it, I can say that I absolutely love this game. About as much as the first one. There are things about it I DON'T like, but it was the same case with the first game (and plenty of other games I've played and own). I don't expect any game to be flawless. I don't even consider my most beloved games (Metroid Prime 1, Half Life 2) to be perfect. Last Light has flaws and shortcomings speckled about an otherwise amazing experience. It's like biting in to a delicious-looking cookie only to find out that it had nuts in it, and you don't like nuts. The cookie still tastes really good, but the nuts in it give it that weird "nut" consistency that you hate. But in the end you still eat it because it's not enough to ruin it entirely. Anyway, visually speaking, the game looks fantastic. It's not a vast improvement over 2033, but 2033 already looked damn good. Everything just looks more polished overall. I don't understand some of the negative reviews that complain about unpolished visuals. Nothing about the visuals looks even remotely unpolished. As far as gameplay goes, this is where things get a little inconsistent. The thing is, 2033 was practically the same. Stealth is, for me, a huge factor. I loved the stealth in 2033, but it was really freaking difficult to tell if an enemy would detect you or not. You had the light indicator on your wrist watch, but it wasn't reliable. In Last Light, you have the same light indicator, but it's actually reliable. If the light on your watch isn't shining, you're invisible. They also added knife executions, which is damn cool, but that and throwing knives are literally the only two methods of disposal while in stealth. If you try and shoot a bad guy in the head with a silenced weapon, you have a pretty good chance of alerting another bad guy, followed by the entire room full of bad guys. At that point you might as well just open fire and kill everyone. One thing they did right that a lot of developers don't do is make the AI's behaviors rather fair. Aside from the finicky detection-alert behavior, NPCs don't "cheat" to create a fake and unfair challenge. Something I can appreciate. And as far as gunplay goes, the guns are simply awesome, just like in 2033. AI during heavy combat isn't the smartest, but it isn't god awful. I could think of games with worse AI. Was still expecting a little better from 4A. The game's strongest points in my opinion are the phenomenal atmosphere and the unique story. 2033 had some strange, trippy elements to it, but Last Light really expands on that and sets the world in motion. The dead city has a very unique look to it now. In general, the art direction has really improved and is more stylized. All it needs is a bit of polish on gameplay and it'll be near perfect. The narrative isn't super strong, and voice acting can be downright awful at times (adults trying to voice act for toddler characters just DOES NOT WORK). I really didn't appreciate how companions constantly tell you what to do. Pull that lever, climb up here, open that door. It makes sense for some things, but generally speaking, players want to progress freely without being commanded around by AI. I was really disappointed to discover that Ranger mode was a pre-order DLC and you had to purchase it separately if you bought the standard edition. 2033 was updated with Ranger mode and two new weapons some months after it launched; for free. No DLC crap. I feel like I really want to blame Deep Silver for this one. It was the one thing I was afraid of when I found out they bought the IP from THQ. We were fortunate enough for the game to be mostly finished prior to the IP being sold, so Deep Silver didn't interfere much in its core development. THANK GOD. Regardless, Ranger mode had no business being a DLC. It should have been part of the core game, free of charge. Not only is it a feature not suitable to be sold as a separate DLC, but it was ALREADY PART OF THE GAME. It's just unsavory of a company to take content hat already exists in the game and exclude it as a DLC just so they can nickle and dime their customers. Just because some customers are willing to blindly pay extra doesn't mean you should actually charge them accordingly. Overall, this game deserves a 7 in my books. I don't consider the DLC shenanigans as a detriment to its quality, because that's just corporate stuff that shouldn't affect the gamer's experience in the end. If 4A starts focusing on AI, game mechanics, and voice casting, then I feel like they can really make a truly superb game. Last Light is certainly a step in the right direction, but it's forgetting a few of its roots while not trying hard enough to move forward in a few areas. Expand
  76. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Recommend and very fun game and great gameplay, graphics, storyline a good variety of weapons one reasonable artificial intelligence, like that game had multiplayer. Expand
  77. May 25, 2013
    Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements,Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements, and to its outstanding visual and audio presentation that is also well-optimized for PC, Last Light is everything Metro 2033 should have been and better. With a lengthy plot that's exciting and well-presented from start to finish coupled with its superb gameplay mechanics, Metro: Last Light is 2013's first official contender for FPS of the year. If you had your quarrels with Metro 2033 like me, you'll fall in love with this sequel. An outstanding adventure shooter with class. Expand
  78. May 25, 2013
    What atmosphere wow! Hats off to the creators of this game for creating such a great world that has only been reached by the likes of the Half Life series. Metro Last Light is an Alice in Wonderland in a post apocalyptic setting where there is always something new to see. Beautiful in its own regard and rich in detail to the point where you are hesitant to just walk by without catching allWhat atmosphere wow! Hats off to the creators of this game for creating such a great world that has only been reached by the likes of the Half Life series. Metro Last Light is an Alice in Wonderland in a post apocalyptic setting where there is always something new to see. Beautiful in its own regard and rich in detail to the point where you are hesitant to just walk by without catching all the little things done.
    Fantastic game!
  79. May 25, 2013
    Metro Last Light, like Metro 2033 is a survival fps. The dark atmosphere of Last Light is beautiful like 2033, everything about the metro and the ruins of Moscow are brilliantly designed. The music is fitting and matches very well.

This is a linear FPS experience like the first game, so users who complain about that should know this is how the game is based off the first one, or should do research before purchase. Unlike the first game there is some small amount of exploration while traveling in the metro and on the surface and those small parts really make this game shine. If they made this game open world like Fallout or Stalker but with the dark and desolate world of Metro 2033 you would have the game of the year.

I did find that the Ranger and Ranger Hardcore modes were to easy like some have said. I was able to find filters and plenty of ammo its defiantly easier than Metro 2033 which sounds like they're catering to casual players unfortunately as they did state there was going to be more ammo and filters this time around. There are minimal bugs that I've noticed. The only one I've experienced was some npcs were frozen in place and I had to restart from the chapters start rather then the checkpoint to get them to work again. The SSAA of this game really needs to be optimized. You're better off setting this to "off" or "2x" without experiencing severe loss of FPS. There are a few minor immersion breakers like being unable to walk while your npc companion walks and talks to you while you run,stop,run,stop to keep up. Also in Ranger/Hardcore there's minimum to no hud so you cant check how much ammo you have which is unfortunate.

The stealth in this game is also very easy. A light indicator on your watch lets you know when you're visible or hidden. If you've hidden you're basically invisible no matter how close you get to the npcs. I can virtually walk right in front of them and they don't react which breaks immersion.

The sounds can be adjusted a little. A lot of what you learn about the metro and its past, things happening around you is picked up through ingame conversations between npcs and sometimes they're barely audible. It also sounds like they've recycled some of the old sounds and npc sayings for this game.

And just a few minor personal things I wished they'd change/not change. In LL, the watch on your wrist is almost always visible so you know how long you have with each filter on the surface. I miss in Metro 2033 you actually had to press a key and look at the watch as you went along. I enjoyed that more. I wished they made ranger/hardcore mode harder, its honestly not that hard, I wish they made the game darker, and I mean physically darker. I found the metro and the stations to bright. I was really hoping for some Doom type darkness where you could only see where your flashlight reaches.

The gunplay is much more engaging and revamped in LL, you can customize your weapons, and trade them in for better ones or worse ones if your short on military ammo and need dirty ammo to fire.

I know it sounds like I disliked the game, but I actually really enjoyed it. I'm just letting you know the issues I had with the game. I love these types of games, the dark, gritty, survival games. Lets hope the next Metro comes with an open world to really explore the ruins of the surface.
  80. May 25, 2013
    So I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderfulSo I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderful sounds. There is only one problem I have with this game, and that's that most of the voice actors from the first game were replaced, so characters brought back from the first game don't have the same voices they originally had, except for one character. But I felt this complaint was so insignificant, it shouldn't impact my rating on this game. But that isn't why I've decided to write this review. I wrote this review because I wanted to address some of the main complaints people have with this game:

1) BAD ACTING: A lot of reviews says this game has terrible acting. While I agree that it isn't the best, I will say the the acting is very good and that it really doesn't distract you from the immersion.

2) BAD STORY: I'm assuming that everyone who said this game has a bad story has never played the first game "Metro 2033". The story was incredible, and the sequel really does a good job at continuing the story and staying true to the book series.

3) LINEAR GAMEPLAY: This is the biggest complaint I see about this game. People go out and by this game and expect "Fallout" in Russia. No one ever said this game was an open world game, so buying it and not liking it is your fault for not reading the description of the game. The argument that "Metro: Last Light is bad because it is linear" holds as much water as the statement "Country music is bad because it isn't Rock music." This game is supposed to be linear. Its telling an amazing story that can only be told in a linear game.

This game is absolutely amazing, and deserves to be played by all. For some, this doesn't seem like its worth 60 dollars, which is understandable, its hard to pay that much for a game you might only play once or twice. I personally would have paid 100 dollars for this game, because I plan on several play-throughs. After all, I played 186 hours of Metro 2033, and I've already beaten Metro:LL four times, going on five. But anyways, Buy it now, buy it when its on sale, it doesn't matter. Just play this game.
  81. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  82. May 25, 2013
    It would have been a shame if this game doesn't come out. When i played i really felt that im part of the story, and its atmosphere just made my mouth remain-open. The graphics are super cool, but its not the effects but the drawings of the cities which pulled this game to the highest level and made it a masterpiece.
  83. May 24, 2013
    Very dramatic and well thought out. Definitely one of the must play games of the last few years. I have experienced none of the bugs anyone has mentioned and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. The entire game is excellent overall, and has well executed pace throughout, but intensity truly picks up around the half way mark and leaves you riveted. This is GOTY material, imo.
  84. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  85. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1.This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  86. May 24, 2013
    bes fdgfdfgffgfffdffdfgffgfgfgfgfgnnnnnnnnnfndfndnfdnfdndfnfdndfndfndfnfdndfnfdndfdfndfnndfnfdndfnfdfndfdnfdndfndfndfndfnfdnfdnfndnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdndfndfndfndfndfntffdgfdgfd
  87. May 24, 2013
    ждал....понравилась....10 10....атмосферный
  88. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative,My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  89. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their ownGreat game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  90. May 24, 2013
    Metro: Last Light:
    Best atmosphere that I‘ve seen in games ever.
    Good cut-scenes in Call of Duty stile.
    Nice level design and very interesting storytelling.
  91. May 23, 2013
    4A Games can be pride of Metro: Last Light. Unique atmosphere... No! I actually love this game and Metro 2033 because it's so nice when characters call you by your name I want more!
  92. May 23, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a really great sequel to a really great game. The graphics look amazing, the gunplay has improved a lot from Metro 2033, the story is great and it runs great on my 6670.
  93. May 23, 2013
    This game has many parallels to Bioshock Infinite. It takes a well-built world and an 'interesting' story as a starting point but then forces them down the players' throats in the form of a totally linear, on-rails 'game'. What the developers have achieved is great in its own right, but sadly as a gaming experience it is too narrow and overly pre-determined. A lot to love here though. TheThis game has many parallels to Bioshock Infinite. It takes a well-built world and an 'interesting' story as a starting point but then forces them down the players' throats in the form of a totally linear, on-rails 'game'. What the developers have achieved is great in its own right, but sadly as a gaming experience it is too narrow and overly pre-determined. A lot to love here though. The stealth and combat are well done, and the story is better than the ridiculousness of BI. A good game and one to buy when its on sale at an appropriate price of around $20. Expand
  94. May 23, 2013
    Not only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. INot only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes playing action,adventure and choice making games. Expand
  95. May 23, 2013
    Just an awesome game. Everything is great from beginning till the end. Graphics could be better, but still really good. The atmosphere is 10/10. Loving it, totally recommend!
  96. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  97. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  98. cra
    May 23, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodlerThis game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodler comparable to this masterpiece. I'm pretty sure that Metro is just the best game this year. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013