8.6

1. May 25, 2013
    So I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderfulSo I pre-ordered this game and the night it was released I played it. Being the avid "Metro 2033" fan that I am, I absolutely loved it. If you haven't played "Metro 2033", then I highly suggest that you go play that first because this game is a direct sequel, and you will probably not understand what is going on. This game is incredibly atmospheric, fantastic graphics, and wonderful sounds. There is only one problem I have with this game, and that's that most of the voice actors from the first game were replaced, so characters brought back from the first game don't have the same voices they originally had, except for one character. But I felt this complaint was so insignificant, it shouldn't impact my rating on this game. But that isn't why I've decided to write this review. I wrote this review because I wanted to address some of the main complaints people have with this game:

1) BAD ACTING: A lot of reviews says this game has terrible acting. While I agree that it isn't the best, I will say the the acting is very good and that it really doesn't distract you from the immersion.

2) BAD STORY: I'm assuming that everyone who said this game has a bad story has never played the first game "Metro 2033". The story was incredible, and the sequel really does a good job at continuing the story and staying true to the book series.

3) LINEAR GAMEPLAY: This is the biggest complaint I see about this game. People go out and by this game and expect "Fallout" in Russia. No one ever said this game was an open world game, so buying it and not liking it is your fault for not reading the description of the game. The argument that "Metro: Last Light is bad because it is linear" holds as much water as the statement "Country music is bad because it isn't Rock music." This game is supposed to be linear. Its telling an amazing story that can only be told in a linear game.

This game is absolutely amazing, and deserves to be played by all. For some, this doesn't seem like its worth 60 dollars, which is understandable, its hard to pay that much for a game you might only play once or twice. I personally would have paid 100 dollars for this game, because I plan on several play-throughs. After all, I played 186 hours of Metro 2033, and I've already beaten Metro:LL four times, going on five. But anyways, Buy it now, buy it when its on sale, it doesn't matter. Just play this game.
  2. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  3. May 25, 2013
    It would have been a shame if this game doesn't come out. When i played i really felt that im part of the story, and its atmosphere just made my mouth remain-open. The graphics are super cool, but its not the effects but the drawings of the cities which pulled this game to the highest level and made it a masterpiece.
  4. May 24, 2013
    Very dramatic and well thought out. Definitely one of the must play games of the last few years. I have experienced none of the bugs anyone has mentioned and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. The entire game is excellent overall, and has well executed pace throughout, but intensity truly picks up around the half way mark and leaves you riveted. This is GOTY material, imo.
  5. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  6. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1.This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  7. May 24, 2013
    bes fdgfdfgffgfffdffdfgffgfgfgfgfgnnnnnnnnnfndfndnfdnfdndfnfdndfndfndfnfdndfnfdndfdfndfnndfnfdndfnfdfndfdnfdndfndfndfndfnfdnfdnfndnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdnfdndfndfndfndfndfntffdgfdgfd
  8. May 24, 2013
    ждал....понравилась....10 10....атмосферный
  9. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative,My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  10. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their ownGreat game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  11. May 24, 2013
    Metro: Last Light:
    Best atmosphere that I‘ve seen in games ever.
    Good cut-scenes in Call of Duty stile.
    Nice level design and very interesting storytelling.
  12. May 23, 2013
    4A Games can be pride of Metro: Last Light. Unique atmosphere... No! I actually love this game and Metro 2033 because it's so nice when characters call you by your name I want more!
  13. May 23, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a really great sequel to a really great game. The graphics look amazing, the gunplay has improved a lot from Metro 2033, the story is great and it runs great on my 6670.
  14. May 23, 2013
    This game has many parallels to Bioshock Infinite. It takes a well-built world and an 'interesting' story as a starting point but then forces them down the players' throats in the form of a totally linear, on-rails 'game'. What the developers have achieved is great in its own right, but sadly as a gaming experience it is too narrow and overly pre-determined. A lot to love here though. TheThis game has many parallels to Bioshock Infinite. It takes a well-built world and an 'interesting' story as a starting point but then forces them down the players' throats in the form of a totally linear, on-rails 'game'. What the developers have achieved is great in its own right, but sadly as a gaming experience it is too narrow and overly pre-determined. A lot to love here though. The stealth and combat are well done, and the story is better than the ridiculousness of BI. A good game and one to buy when its on sale at an appropriate price of around $20. Expand
  15. May 23, 2013
    Not only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. INot only does this game have good graphics but it also very immersive and puts you deep into the game. The unique environments and astonishing lighting effects help create that. The story is also very well written and the gameplay is very realistic from charging your flash light, to putting on your gas mask, to changing your filters and wiping away dirt from your screen with your hand. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes playing action,adventure and choice making games. Expand
  16. May 23, 2013
    Just an awesome game. Everything is great from beginning till the end. Graphics could be better, but still really good. The atmosphere is 10/10. Loving it, totally recommend!
  17. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  18. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  19. cra
    May 23, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodlerThis game is simply awesome. And I mean, it's even better than the sequel! I wonder if there would be any sequels.. The story is solid, the graphics is amazing and the whole atmosphere is there and gets you by the balls. You can clearly lost a few days getting through this and then a few days just on reflections of the story and your experience. Remember bioshock: inifinite? It's a doodler comparable to this masterpiece. I'm pretty sure that Metro is just the best game this year. Expand
  20. May 23, 2013
    The game has it's own charm, holy-wood `s actions stay far behind, I mean what do you do in modern actions? Shoot, run, shoot, cutscene, today they attacking White house, tomorrow Kremlin, so pop, so Justin Bieber, enough I don't wanna play this way, something real, with it's own heart beating. Strongly recommend, enjoy.
  21. May 23, 2013
    Thank you 4A Games, for you created the game. For the last time out a few games where stealth was realized with the possibility to pass it without a single murder, of course, there are plot points, but the process of a quiet passage through the enemy with seeing his reaction deserves any praise. A very memorable moment when I ran past the fire and the enemy saw my shadow, he is veryThank you 4A Games, for you created the game. For the last time out a few games where stealth was realized with the possibility to pass it without a single murder, of course, there are plot points, but the process of a quiet passage through the enemy with seeing his reaction deserves any praise. A very memorable moment when I ran past the fire and the enemy saw my shadow, he is very excited reacted to it. The game is was not without nationalistic expressions of you, friends of Ukrainians. But in the end it came down to the fact that no one is right nothing is right. Peace, kindness, Anarchy! Expand
  22. May 23, 2013
    Best game i have ever seen! Thanks Dmitry Gluhovsky and Andrey Prohorov and all developers 4A Games! YOU are the best. Waiting new game from you Good Luck!
  23. May 23, 2013
    Its so beautiful and atmospheric game. Its almost everything I want from nowadays FTP game.
    If you want deep and masterfully created game, try this one and you would be disapointed.
  24. May 23, 2013
    The story further develops the themes of the previous game, great post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the stealthy missions are really good, weapon customization is a nice addition.Metro:LS has a good lenght and good replay values. The game is also rather linear, with many cinematic interruptions. The world is very restricted, even when you are on the surface, and the enemies are rather scriptedThe story further develops the themes of the previous game, great post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the stealthy missions are really good, weapon customization is a nice addition.Metro:LS has a good lenght and good replay values. The game is also rather linear, with many cinematic interruptions. The world is very restricted, even when you are on the surface, and the enemies are rather scripted with a moderate AI. Not bad (actually everybody likes this game), but I do not think it deserves 8.8 user scores. I think I am objective when it comes to Video game reviews. This is how I fell, do not hate. Expand
  25. May 23, 2013
    Hi guys. I'm from Russia, and this game I really liked, because it is the best game created by the developers of the post-Soviet. I am very glad that in the West there are fans too.
    PS: Sorry for my English
  26. May 23, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033.
  27. May 23, 2013
    This game is honestly one of the best games that I have played. Period. The story was incredible, though slightly lacking at the beginning and end. The AI was a major step up from the last game, with it not being able to telepathically communicate your exact position to every person in the metro, while still being difficult enough that you can't just sit around while you are sneaking. TheThis game is honestly one of the best games that I have played. Period. The story was incredible, though slightly lacking at the beginning and end. The AI was a major step up from the last game, with it not being able to telepathically communicate your exact position to every person in the metro, while still being difficult enough that you can't just sit around while you are sneaking. The atmosphere was amazing, being dismal with rays of hope appearing at times, helping you immerse even further in the universe. 1 or 2 glitches, but that can be expected from nearly any major game. Great guns and gunplay, with the SAIGA 12 being the most awesome thing for clearing out mutants and armies devised by man. The karma system was very different; it doesn't tell you how you are being rated, or when you are being rated, or even whether that particular action matters in the whole scheme or not, almost like in the real world, though they could have added more opportunities to use this system. Overall, amazing! Expand
  28. May 23, 2013
    I am extremely impressed by Metro: Last Light. All those times when playing FPSes and thinking, "Damn, I wish this was just better..." Metro approaches that "better" ideal. I would highly recommend it for lovers of Dead Space and Half-Life. The atmosphere can be very horror-esque which plays to my liking though some may find it stressful. The best way to understand the comparison withI am extremely impressed by Metro: Last Light. All those times when playing FPSes and thinking, "Damn, I wish this was just better..." Metro approaches that "better" ideal. I would highly recommend it for lovers of Dead Space and Half-Life. The atmosphere can be very horror-esque which plays to my liking though some may find it stressful. The best way to understand the comparison with Half Life is that I actually understood the story and was "on the edge of my seat" to see where it was going to go. It’s a great example for turning a book world into a viable and immensely interesting game world. And on top of that, the world and gameplay all supported the narrative. Just a real outstanding job by 4A, who in my opinion, have stolen the FPS crown. Expand
  29. May 23, 2013
    Best atmosphere, best shooter, best game.
    Awesome game.
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10.
    It's hard to find a game with such a fantastic dive into the world.
  30. May 23, 2013
    10 балов.
    ВЫ сюжетом.
    Хотя
  31. May 23, 2013
    Just finished it, what a fantastic game...the only reason it didn't get a 10 from me is it was too short...17 hours of playtime only, I understand it almost got cancelled and got picked up etc still. Pre-ordering was worth it...now to try ranger hardcore...
  32. May 23, 2013
    This is really amazing sequel. Developers did everything right by keeping all the best we have in the first Metro and adding new extra features, weapons and, of course, a new story. New in-game story even better we had in the first part, maybe, because it is not based on a known subject (I mean Metro 2033 book which is behind the first game), but the logical and very interesting extensionThis is really amazing sequel. Developers did everything right by keeping all the best we have in the first Metro and adding new extra features, weapons and, of course, a new story. New in-game story even better we had in the first part, maybe, because it is not based on a known subject (I mean Metro 2033 book which is behind the first game), but the logical and very interesting extension of the primary story. I'm playing it with pleasure and recommend to anyone who like this genre. Expand
  33. May 23, 2013
    Excellent game, great story, great gameplay, many improvements over the first game. Definitely a must play game. I don't like the way they removed a difficulty setting and charging it money but at least they haven't removed anything important like in some other games (like that alien in ME3).
  34. May 22, 2013
    Great game with great atmosphere, and story! Definitely worth playing. Its a masterpiece!. This game has excellent graphics, I believe its better than crysis 3 in graphics.
  35. May 22, 2013
    Amazing story and great atmosphere really make Metro Last Light stand out from most other shooters. The visuals are top notch and the new changes to combat and weapon upgrades are really well done.
  36. May 22, 2013
    The guys at A4 Games did a fantastic job with Metro LL. Great story and atmosphere, looks incredible (comparable to Crysis 3 but runs about 100 x better on PC). Well worth the money you put down on and I enjoyed this more then Bioshock Infinite which is a testamant to the games overriding quality.
  37. May 22, 2013
    mediocre fps shooter, the atmosphere is great but everything else is pretty bad. There is no reason to play this game after you finished it. You have to pay extra cash to get acces to the hardcore modes. I prefer metro 2033.
  38. May 22, 2013
    14 lousy hours and virtually no replayability. I'm not sure if I played a game or watched a movie. It's like a Disneyland funpark ride where you sit in the car and watch the scenery go by. Which pretty much all this game has to offer. Scenery. There are just to many places where you're not even sure if you're involved.

I read this game was challenging. Not. I started on easy

I read this game was challenging. Not. I started on easy thinking I'd better get a feel for this thing, but before long I was wondering if I could even die. You can, but even when I switched to hardcore, I was wondering if anything got switched at all. My ammo supplies were nearly always maxed out, the traders carried nothing you couldn't pick up any and everywhere.

I couldn't even figure out what the metro encampment towns were even there for. They served no gameplay function at all. You walk through on virtually a single path and interact with things like a pop-out book, but for nothing.
  39. May 22, 2013
    I did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together veryI did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together very well.

Fantastic eerie environments, great characters you can relate to, excellent ambiance, challenging combat with resource management if you play on harder modes. Storytelling was good and the entire "campaign" lasted about 20 hours for me but my only beef with it was the rather abrupt ending.

If anyone asks, I highly recommend this game; buy it, loan it, rent it, steal it etc
  40. May 22, 2013
    I was hoping this game would eventually get away from the linear feel, and that the hand holding was just part of the beginning of the game. Eventually you would be cut loose into a huge apocalyptic world that you could explore on your own. Level after level that sadly never happened.

If you like to read your video games. If you love watching long cut scenes with bad acting. If

If you like to read your video games.

If you love watching long cut scenes with bad acting.

If your favorite amusement park ride is Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland.

If in real life, your definition of ‘adventure’, is following an M&M trail for hours, only to find out it leads nowhere.

Then this game is for you!
  41. May 22, 2013
    Nothing more than a console port and a bad one at that.

I can't say much more about the game since it's DNF, but from the opening cutscene it's obvious that the game is utterly full of itself what with the hackneyed post-apocalyptic plot written by master author bladi bla who wrote some other vanity press trash.
  42. May 21, 2013
    The atmosphere, the presentation, the game play, the beautiful graphics, the story, the characters, the immersion. This game has it all! This has the be one of the best games I have ever played, it delivers a unique experience that almost no other video game can create. Metro, Deep Silver. You have have done many proud, I am looking forward to the next game (if there is one). In myThe atmosphere, the presentation, the game play, the beautiful graphics, the story, the characters, the immersion. This game has it all! This has the be one of the best games I have ever played, it delivers a unique experience that almost no other video game can create. Metro, Deep Silver. You have have done many proud, I am looking forward to the next game (if there is one). In my opinion, this is Game of the year, so far. Thank you. Expand
  43. May 21, 2013
    this is greatness. Bioshock was crap compared to this. THe gameplay is superb.. it touches on Thief and keeps the hardcore grind of the last metro.
    I was simply blown away by the stealth system and how you approach each area
    Support them. THanks.
  44. May 21, 2013
    Graphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If youGraphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will absolutely love Last Light. Would have given it a 10, but the shady Ranger Mode DLC dropped it a point. Expand
  45. May 21, 2013
    Gute Atmosphäre Geniale Grafik hat mich mit seiner kurzen Spieldauer Hervorragend unterhalten. Abwechslungsreiche Gegner Typen Super Story. Mit seit langem das Beste Spiel was ich gezockt habe.
  46. May 21, 2013
    The option to have two endings was a bad idea it made both endings feel watered down and rushed. The final engagement was a bit boring, and the love interest felt a little shoehorned in. Some animations are stiff and jerky, and voice acting was very dodgy. It froze my computer three times.
    Apart from that, however, the game sucked me in like a black hole and I loved every last minute of it. A word of advice, however, if you want a good ending, do not kill any humans you don't have to, anywhere.
  47. May 21, 2013
    If you have GTX Nvidia you'll get one of the best looking games out there. Great atmosphere, improved game play & stealth, unique guns, shooting is easily the best this year so far! Also one of the best horror I've ever played. Enemies are challenging. Levels design is amazing.
    Not perfect though, could have been more open. Great game overall
  48. May 21, 2013
    Как молодцы.
    Я
  49. May 21, 2013
    I love it! Yes, it is very close to being on the rails, but does it at all pretend it isn't? Did it claim to be an open world shooter? No.

It's like ordering pizza and complaining because it doesn't taste enough like steak pie.

The story is gripping, the combat is satisfying, the stealth is one of the better done stealth systems.
  50. May 21, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside fromI think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  51. May 21, 2013
    The game is in some ways better than the previous metro 2033, on the other side some new features should be done differently.

Good things: - More types of monsters - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there. - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious. - Stealth system has improved, enemies must individually see you to know your location. and you

Good things:
    - More types of monsters
    - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there.
    - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious.
    and you will have a moment of doubt if you walk into light, if you get out of the light quickly the guards
    will doubt they saw you.

The less good:
    - The human enemy knockdown is too powerfull, it works on all medium armored humans.
    Will not work on heavy armored humans. It works both when you ar undetected as when you are
    detected. You can run towards the enemy and knock them unconscious. Just too powerful. Needs
    tweaking here.
    - Stealth needs tweaking too, enemies won't see you when you are right in front them. And you walks
    always 100% silent, that's not realistic. I miss the glass on the ground which made stealth a challenge
    in Metro 2033. In last light you can walk around without much problems, it lacks challenge.
    - In normal difficulty the throw knifes do not reflect of armor pieces, which did happen in Metro 2033.
    That's a shame really, that made it more realistic.

Overall I must say I enjoyed it. It's worth the 8. With some good tweaks it can be higher!
  52. May 21, 2013
    Es gibt wohl nicht viele so schön erzählte wie inszenierte Spiele. Die Grafik kann man kaum besser umsetzen insbesondere in der Wechselwirkung mit Wettereffekten und Spielatmosphäre .
    Die einzigen Mankos am Spiel sind der leider nicht vorhandene Multiplayer die Metro wäre dafür eigentlich prädestiniert gewesen), sowie der LEIDER lächerliche Schwierigkeitsgrad bei allem unter Hardcore kann man von schwierig nicht wirklich reden).
    Ansonsten gibt es von mir, für alle die ein gelungenes Solo mit viel Storytelling lieben nur den Rat unbedingt holen,
  53. May 20, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is every bit an improvement over the first. This game is already one of my favorite shooters of recent memory. The developers have created a labor of love for the PC and it pushes the GPU to the limits. Not many devs out there are pushing out products that are this bleeding edge. Sure, depending on your GPU and the drivers you are running, you may experience someMetro: Last Light is every bit an improvement over the first. This game is already one of my favorite shooters of recent memory. The developers have created a labor of love for the PC and it pushes the GPU to the limits. Not many devs out there are pushing out products that are this bleeding edge. Sure, depending on your GPU and the drivers you are running, you may experience some graphical issues but those were quickly patched (in my case, at least). The shooter mechanics have been polished to near perfection, which is a major plus over 2033. The affection that these devs show towards the narrative is such a breath of fresh air. But it is the attention to detail with the atmosphere of this post-apocalyptic world that will take away that breath. If you are a fan of Fallout 3 or the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, this game deserves your attention. A solidly satisfying experience from beginning to end.

Played on:
    Core i7 3770
    16 GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7870
  54. May 20, 2013
    This is an instant classic, great storytelling, atmosphere, combat and graphics. Big step up from the previous game in pretty much every regard. A lot of emotion, passion and tough choices. Great pacing, a lot of really tense moments; the game grabs you and stays engaging from start to finish. Attention to details in the environments is absolutely mind blowing, i feel like the world is theThis is an instant classic, great storytelling, atmosphere, combat and graphics. Big step up from the previous game in pretty much every regard. A lot of emotion, passion and tough choices. Great pacing, a lot of really tense moments; the game grabs you and stays engaging from start to finish. Attention to details in the environments is absolutely mind blowing, i feel like the world is the actual hero of the game.
    The game took me 19 hours to finish in ranger mode, explored and read everything. PC version worked really well, no bugs or crashes and looked amazing
  55. May 20, 2013
    Metro last light tries to be one of the big boys and it kinda does but it's got kind of a uneven story and the human A.I. Is not that great but it does make a pretty good shooter that you will want to play again and again. The game has survival horror elements that do scare the crap out of you even when your out side in the morning that's a good sign for a survival horror and theMetro last light tries to be one of the big boys and it kinda does but it's got kind of a uneven story and the human A.I. Is not that great but it does make a pretty good shooter that you will want to play again and again. The game has survival horror elements that do scare the crap out of you even when your out side in the morning that's a good sign for a survival horror and the environment looks just great and it's a lot better than the first game witch was alright. My biggest problem is that ranger difficulty cost 5$ unless you pre ordered it and that just pissed me off because that's supposed to give you the best experience but it doesn't ruin the game witch is great so I think you shouldn't pass this up. Expand
  56. May 20, 2013
    Bugs bugs bugs. And I'm not talking spiders. I'm in the middle of the game and suddenly the enemy soldiers stop moving. I walk up, they say, "must have heard something," but they don't move. You can't kill them, they're just statues. I try to restart the from the last checkpoint. Nothing. Reload the game, no change.

So I start the whole game over. I'm in the middle of the game AGAIN and

So I start the whole game over. I'm in the middle of the game AGAIN and I can no longer change my gas mask filter. Another completely different and crippling defect. My guy puts his arms down and just chokes to death. I get soldiers half in the walls. And the problems aren't ones you can ignore. These things have to function. And these kind of defects obviously can't be blamed on the graphics card or my system. It's apparent the game is broken.

Not that I care. The game sucks anyway. The AI is so incredibly bad. The acting is literally amateur quality. The story? Not in the least bit interesting. Even if the game worked, it's more like a movie than a game. And just a rehashed makeover of Metro 2033 at that. It's as though the designers didn't make a single improvement from the first game. There's no exploration at all. You have the main course and at most a room off to the side. There's no depth. And it's thq quicksilver's second try! Why do they keep trying to sell the same failed formula?

What a bummer this game is.
  57. May 20, 2013
    Absolutely magnificent and engrossing game. This is single player only, but it's the most beautiful, aesthetic, well-thought-out fps of such nature that I've played in a long time and possibly ever.
  58. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off

Last Light starts off a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  59. May 20, 2013
    Amazing game
    Amazing graphics
    Amazing story
    Amazing game play
    Amazing
  60. May 20, 2013
    Story, atmosphere, graphics, details, characters, sound design everything is just purely amazing and very well done. The graphics and sounds really make you immerse in the game. One of the best single-player games i have ever played in my life. Metro Last light is a must buy!
  61. May 20, 2013
    Wow really tired of fuc*ing nubs leaving negative reviews about this AWESOME game, I doubt that they even played predecessor METRO 2033!
    Those cry-babies complaint about how this game if such a failure that it's not an open world and it's Rail-shooter, really?! Name a game that is not rail-shooter? It's #1 Horror-shooter game today.
    It's railed on purpose (It's a book) you have to FOLLOW
    It's railed on purpose (It's a book) you have to FOLLOW A STORY (MAX PAYNE). There's only two options that you can make in the game KILL or NOT to KILL! If you like open world play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. People who played METRO 2033 can't complaint that it's not open world (It's open enough to your pants when you outside metro).
    Bad Story? Well to bad for you, probably Bioshock Infinite has more story for you... I found this story amazingly retarded as gameplay itself (referring to Bioshock)! I've enjoined this METRO and it's thrilling story.
    Bad Acting? Well Russian accent, whats wrong with that? You in underground Moscow buddy;)!
    Best graphics you ever experienced! Put your SLI/CroFire in good use!
    This was a Good Buy for Me!!!

that know everything about how story is must be or how NOT OPEN environment is, but they do rate Bioshock Infinite as 10/10 (Those are true gamers)
  62. May 20, 2013
    The attention to detail in this game is breath taking, at some points in the game I found myself just looking around the metros just taking all the atmosphere in and emerging myself into this games world
    The graphics are some of the best I have ever seen In any game and the game play is Much in proved
    over the previous game
    I think metro last light will be one of the best games of 2013
  63. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante andThe high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  64. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters areThis game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  65. May 20, 2013
    Not a bad game, just surely not a 10 either, it feels more like something you are watching than playing, so many parts that seem rather critical in the game you lose all control and watch whatever is happening take place. The stealth parts of the game were by far the most fun for me personally but even that is kinda tainted when you realize how stupid the AI can be and that half the timeNot a bad game, just surely not a 10 either, it feels more like something you are watching than playing, so many parts that seem rather critical in the game you lose all control and watch whatever is happening take place. The stealth parts of the game were by far the most fun for me personally but even that is kinda tainted when you realize how stupid the AI can be and that half the time and you can just walk right up in front of them and shoot them. The graphics are great and the combat can be fun but all in all it is just way to linear for my liking, no choices really. Expand
  66. May 20, 2013
    It is 3 AM right now and I'm still awake writing this because I simply cannot sleep after Metro Last Light. Not because it may give me nightmares, but because I feel restless after completing such an amazing journey. My mind is racing, trying to comprehend how a game can be this good. I'm absolutely blown away by every aspect of Metro Last Light. It is more than just a PC game, it is aIt is 3 AM right now and I'm still awake writing this because I simply cannot sleep after Metro Last Light. Not because it may give me nightmares, but because I feel restless after completing such an amazing journey. My mind is racing, trying to comprehend how a game can be this good. I'm absolutely blown away by every aspect of Metro Last Light. It is more than just a PC game, it is a work of art and a piece of humanity, no less. I loved Metro 2033, I was really looking forward to this game, and more of the same would be perfectly fine by me. However, everything got turned up to 11 in Last Light from 2033. With great polish and presentation it is such a better game than 2033. The world is completely realized with much attention to detail, it is easy to get lost in it for hours. Every corner of the world, every character feel so alive, almost like there is a soul behind it all. The story is excellent, the touch of Dmitry Glukhovsky is clear. It always keeps you curious about what is next. Where does this lead and how will it unfold, I just could not get enough of it. The brute reality of war and the paranormal subconscious of Metro are fused together. Many characters are introduced and very well developed. I enjoyed to learn more about Artyom and understand him. Khan is at his best. There is so little time for Artyom and Anna together, but the attachment created is so strong. I only wish we could find out more about Ulman and Miller. The gameplay is smooth and satisfying. No matter if you want to clear your way with lead or stay in shadows. The introduced take-downs are varied enough and are effective. The pacing is unpredictable to say the least, but somehow it fits perfectly. The game is about 15 hours, depending on how you play. It feels complete, but I wish it would go on for more. The weapons feel much better and there is more than before. New guns are great and fit in the world of Metro. The customization is just right as well, and guns behavior does depend heavily on how you set them up. Throwing knifes are much easier to use now, but I did not mind them in 2033 either. I personally welcome the limit on number of guns you can take with now. Human AI is not bad at all. I just wish they would actually search the area instead of standing in one spot and wondering if they seen anything. Monster/Mutant AI is excellent however. Here and there it even seems like tactics are involved. Fighting for survival gets extremely tense and I love it. Last, but not the least are the graphics and art style. I have never seen a game so beautiful. Its hard to not just stop and stare, simply amazing! The immersion is endless. I ended up with 380+ screenshots by end of the game. The lighting, texture, character models, animations, etc. Everything is top notch quality. The optimization though is not really there. However, the game runs smooth maxed on two 7870s LE with the latest patch. 30-80 FPS, quite a variance indeed. As far is art style goes, the whole game is a masterpiece. Whichever way you look, its like you are in art gallery. To sum it up, Metro Last Light is a superb shooter, stealth, adventure or simply, it is orgasmic. I always ask myself a question about every great FPS since 2005: Is this game better than Half Life 2? By the end of Metro Last Light I could surely say for the first time ever, YES! Bioshock Infinite came so close, but Metro has done it for me, finally. I applaud and bow to 4A, Dmitry Glukhovsky and Deep Silver. Buy this game, you will never regret it Expand
  67. May 20, 2013
    I was lucky enough to open the Metro 2033 for myself only half a year ago, so the Metro Last Light came out rather quickly. On the other hand I had all the memories and feelings from 1st part fresh when I dived intro LL.
    The graphics were amazing max settings gave and amazing picture.
    Shooting system was fine it would take a few to get me down, and same applied for any normal enemy.
    The graphics were amazing max settings gave and amazing picture.
    Story-line was somewhat predictable, yet interesting and witch bunch of unexpected turn-overs.

Now, the only two things I didn't like about this game are: how ranger-hardcore mode is developed, and how AI performs with stealth system.
    There are a HUD system in the game (basic for any game yea?), but on hardcore level it goes away to give you realism. I love challenges, I love games that give me challenges. But playing Metro LL for the first time on the top hard level is somewhat pain in the ass. That happens because you don't see the hud, you don't know the hud. That's why I had BIG problems using explosives through the whole game. Only in the end I managed to somehow switch them using the sound that the hud emits when you pick specific item from the round menu of additional weapons. So, high five to 4A games for not testing the quality of game experience on the hardest mode in the game.
    Now AI. It's sometimes just plain stupid, or the computer thinks that player totally dissolves with the background, but there were a LOT of moments when it was natural if AI would detect me (like enemy looking exactly at me from 5 meters away, or calm guard who just chilled while I was killing his mate who was standing a step away from him with throwing knife, etc etc).

All in all it was a great game.
  68. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
    Pros:
    - The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
    - The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
    - The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.

Cons:
    - Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
    - The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.

It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.
  69. May 19, 2013
    Metro last light was amazing. The game is beautiful as well as the action packed cut scenes. I hate seeing people hate on this game. I honestly don't understand all the negatives. I think there're just disappointed their rigs cant handle this game. Stupid nubs
  70. May 19, 2013
    Please be advised--this game came to a near-shuddering halt from a frame rate perspective on my PC, which has been able to run any shooter to date without any problem. I've heard many other very tech-savvy reviewers comment on the "unforgiveable" specs this game requires for relatively dated graphics a dark corridor..??). I feel like this game is practically unplayable on any non-highPlease be advised--this game came to a near-shuddering halt from a frame rate perspective on my PC, which has been able to run any shooter to date without any problem. I've heard many other very tech-savvy reviewers comment on the "unforgiveable" specs this game requires for relatively dated graphics a dark corridor..??). I feel like this game is practically unplayable on any non-high end PC and my review reflects that fact. Expand
  71. May 19, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this game is very fun when you can play it. Much more smooth than 2033, but that's exactly it. When you can play it. This game either crashes, the AI's go haywire (Follow-escorts stop moving) OR you get stuck in one spot and have to go back to a checkpoint to finish the chapter. This game is so buggy it's ridiculous. You get 4/10 by me until you can fix this.
  72. May 19, 2013
    This game is very good especially if you considering the problems 4A have. The game can easily make you lost in it and it has outside influences especially listening around(if you read a lot of books and know your history you will know what I am talking about). The game was made my opinion that it is a masterpiece after I played it the second time playing and exploring the game evenThis game is very good especially if you considering the problems 4A have. The game can easily make you lost in it and it has outside influences especially listening around(if you read a lot of books and know your history you will know what I am talking about). The game was made my opinion that it is a masterpiece after I played it the second time playing and exploring the game even further than the first run. The game was worth it to get, too bad that 4A has problems when making the game. I only had put 9/10 because there is always room for improvement. Expand
  73. May 19, 2013
    I'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skewI'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skew the scores. Dirty business. Watch out on this one. If you still want to see for yourself, wait for the $20 sale. (It won't be long.) Expand
  74. May 19, 2013
    The game has a unbelievable atmosphere that beats any game that has come out this year. The combat is a huge step up to 2033. The amount of side activities is huge.The game does suffers from frame rate drops. Which in this game were its about immersing its just takes you right out. If this was fixed the game would be a 10 out of 10.
  75. May 19, 2013
    This is game of the year. I just love this series. I have read the books i have played all games. And last light isn't a disappointment. It is better in every aspect.
  76. May 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So I just finished Metro: Last Light and I must say any game that ends with "And that is how your father saved the metro" needs some work. Was it a bad game? No. But it definitely wasn't the best sequel to the highly underrated and unknown Metro 2033. The writing was atrocious, a significant change from the original which had some very beautiful writing and story telling abilities. Yes Metro 2033 was lacking in some fields (graphics mostly) but it rose above that proving once again you don't need great graphics to make an immersive game. Metro: Last Light fails to do that, and it truly is the writing and voice acting that makes the game seem half hearted. Hardly do you feel you are part of the world and at some moments it is laughable how poor the dialect is between two NPC's especially when one of the voice actors can neither pull off a Russian accent nor does it seem like he wants too. And all of that plus the execrable writing makes for a experience you wish you didn't spend 50 dollars on. The story can be corny and not in the good way, and at some points confusing, infuriating and down right boring. Sure they upgraded the game play and graphics (not by much) but it didn't make up for the other problems it carried along with it. All together I would say Metro: Last Light is worth no more than $20. Writing 13/100, Story: 14/100, Game play: 60/100, Graphics: 53/100, Score (Music): 79/100. Seriously, $20 at the most, don't waste your time. Expand
  77. May 19, 2013
    On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect.On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect. The gun mechanics and game-play aspects are top notch, a huge improvement over Metro 2033 as the guns feel like they have some "meat" to them now and are satisfying to use. The use of stealth has also made a big improvement whereby if you silently take an enemy human down with a suppressed gun for example, the other enemies in the vicinity don't go "bat this time. Therefore they don’t automatically know where you are which is how it should be as you can take your time and tactfully survey the area allowing a flawless execution. However on the flip side the enemy A.I. is now a lot weaker and they’re certainly a lot dumber compared to Metro 2033, it seems like the A.I. has gone from one extreme to another and it’s a shame there is no medium/balance there. The atmosphere in places does feel very intense and immersive and the developers have done a fine job of setting the mood perfectly. The areas you travel to like the market places and mini towns I suppose you could refer to them as are indeed oppressive and makes you feel sad at times and it certainly gives you an insight of what life is like for these unfortunate people in the Metro world. A side from a few glitches and clipping here and there and the story/plot being a little weak at times (but the immersive atmosphere makes up for this) this game is of great quality. I can appreciate the hard work the developers have put into this, it’s not like your average FPS and is nice to have a change of theme for once. Expand
  78. May 19, 2013
    This game is great, does a good job of changing up the gameplay from survival horror to straight out fps, to stealth. The graphics are amazing and the fact that it does such a good job at immersing me into the game is amazing. Making sure have enough ammo and so on. also the random things that AI were talking about made me think of how everyone got here and whats there story.There are aThis game is great, does a good job of changing up the gameplay from survival horror to straight out fps, to stealth. The graphics are amazing and the fact that it does such a good job at immersing me into the game is amazing. Making sure have enough ammo and so on. also the random things that AI were talking about made me think of how everyone got here and whats there story.There are a few issue's such as there are a bundle of glitches, some parts where the enemy should of seen me but didn't, and game crashing issue's And the story wasn't anything praise worthy but this is still a must buy for any fps fan. Expand
  79. May 18, 2013
    This game is superb in every way, and the only thing I can honestly say is that this is the sequel we've been waiting for, and it is every bit as good as we had hoped.
  80. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  81. May 18, 2013
    This game did one thing phenomenally well and that was to tell a dark, intelligent, and truly compelling and rich story. The guns were good and felt right the character you play moves throughout the world nicely and it feels truly unique that you are in fact a part of your environment as it does affect you.
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is that sometimes the A.I. can be totally moronic and this often would make it easier than perhaps it should have been even in ranger mode on hard.
  82. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  83. May 18, 2013
    Created an account JUST for this critic! This game is great in all ways! GREAT Graphics, not too heavy on your PC (used Geforce 660ti and it worked perfectly!), GREAT music, GREAT gameplay, GREAT action scenes, Great Story, Great sequel for first game, they are nicely connected!! You feel really merged with the game and main character.... like you're the one using the mask! The rain,mudCreated an account JUST for this critic! This game is great in all ways! GREAT Graphics, not too heavy on your PC (used Geforce 660ti and it worked perfectly!), GREAT music, GREAT gameplay, GREAT action scenes, Great Story, Great sequel for first game, they are nicely connected!! You feel really merged with the game and main character.... like you're the one using the mask! The rain,mud and blood effects, with you needing to clean it.... The darkness where you try to hide from monsters or be stealth against human enemies.... (JUST CLOSE YOURSELF IN A DARK ROOM AND PLAY IT, its gonna be an unforgettable experience hahaha)!! The paths you have to choose between good and evil is really nice, YOU make your character by YOUR consciousness!! Maintaining those hidden "flashes" from the first game that helps you getting an alternate ending kept me playing a little more Not knowing witch weapon to take, witch one will be more effective..... not knowing if its better to spend your hard earned "money" on new ones and getting upgrades or saving for later....
    Started playing it when it launched on Steam on Friday.... didnt feel Sunday coming O_O........ This game is a MUST BUY!
  84. May 18, 2013
    Another masterpiece has joined the ranks of fps games.
    Another masterpiece has joined the ranks of fps games.
    Every moment in the eerrie metro is suspensful as it could be your last. But you tak a moment to look at the stunning and atmospheric scenery. But the peace is ended when a set of bone chilling sounds are set by a pack of mutants coming to slay you. This is just an example of the tense moments the game constantly offers. And not only that, the gameplay is amazingly paced and that you are constantly put into different experiences and enviornments. One momment you are fighting a horde of monsters waiting to get on a boat, and the next you are desparetly trying to keep shrimp creaturs off your boat. This game just takes everything about the first one (personaly an 8) and optimizes it to near perfection. The AI is vastly improved from the fiirst and stealth is now a realistic possibility. The plot is also unnpredicable and suspensful. The only real problem with this game is that it ends There are also a couple bugs and I crashed a couple times. Other than that the game is amazing. The addition of boss fights also help, but it feels a bit annoying that it takes 100s of bullts to take down a big beast. And the ending is intense and brings a satisfying conclusion. If you want the basics...

pros:
    Great story
    Atomsphere
    AMAZING graphics
    good AI
    great pacing
    boss fights this is kinda in the middle)
    suspense

cons
    a few bugs
    It Ends
  85. May 18, 2013
    I think this game doesn't deserve score 10 like any other game, but when i see nonsense like Bioshock infinite with so high scores I'm gonna give 10 to Metro LL.

I have small problems with AI in this game. NPC AI should be more aggressive, especially if developers throw surviving concept in game. It should really force you to use stealth. Sure, for casual player there is always low

Sure, for casual player there is always low difficulty level.
  86. May 18, 2013
    The game is a worthy sequel to Metro 2033, and in most aspects it's better, feeling more polished. The story is very good, although the ending was quite not what I expected, yet it leaves lots of questions to be answered in a future sequel. The atmosphere and overall feel are very impressive, and reflects the slavic melancholy to the player in a unique way.

On a graphical side, the game

On a graphical side, the game is very pretty, like was the first game. I haven't measured framerates, but it feels like it runs a bit smoother than the 2033. I have an AMD video card, and the game was given a patch regarding issues with Radeons, and ever since the game has been running well on my rig.

Sound-wise, it's pretty much the same as the first game in the series. I switched character speaking language to russian, just for giving me a better and more authentic immersion of the game world. Music also works well, changing in pace and intensity as the player is in action, and diminishing alike when things cool down. Like before, monsters do make growling noises, which in turn warns the player of their proximity.

My criticism comes mostly from the same things that others have mentioned bad AI at times, (english) voice acting (I prefer the russian), too much hand-holding and scripted situations which make it feel like an interactive film (this gets lesser later in the game). I've also encountered a couple of crashes, but since the game has bees out just a few days at the time of this review, fixes are likely to come in the future.

If you liked Metro 2033, you'll definitely like this, even though this has taken a little more mainstream approach on certain things. The single player took me about 10 hours to complete on medium difficulty on my first play-through, so it isn't that long of a game, but I'm willing to replay it a couple more times, at least for now.
  87. May 18, 2013
    Metro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with anMetro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with an amazing ending to make you just go "wow". You will care for characters, and others. Helping others has it's own reward. Just remember that Karma is a The setting of last light is also fresh and new. Like, what other game lets you play in a post apocalyptic Moscow metro? None. This game delivers that and does it extremely well. Though Last Light has it's problems such as its really linear story, AI Stealth detection is a bit forgiving and off but not enough to ruin it for you. There are also technical difficulties that the developers can fix. And my biggest problem with the game is that its main characters voice does not use it in game but only in loading screens. I think if they put his voice in game, then dialogue would sound allot less awkward and better. Narrative would become amazing. Over all this game is a must own for any one looking into a well driven story, especially if your a metro fan. Expand
  88. May 18, 2013
    Excellent Combat Excellent Environment Excellent Story This game wasn't made by some rich American corporation but a smaller Ukrainian one, and for the resources they had, they made a game that surpasses games with budgets 10X larger.
  89. May 18, 2013
    After playing Metro 2033 time and time again, and loving it more each time through, this game had a lot to live up to in my eyes. Upon purchasing the game, my excitement was almost palpable. From the intro video, all the way to the last dramatic scene, I was 100% captivated. This game is one of the most impressive games I've played. The ambiance is both creepy, and incredibly beautiful atAfter playing Metro 2033 time and time again, and loving it more each time through, this game had a lot to live up to in my eyes. Upon purchasing the game, my excitement was almost palpable. From the intro video, all the way to the last dramatic scene, I was 100% captivated. This game is one of the most impressive games I've played. The ambiance is both creepy, and incredibly beautiful at the same time. This game was so well written, the emotion within the game was incredible. Scene to scene, you learned hate, love, fear, and survival. I can go on forever about this game, I bought it, beat it, and I am already about to play it again as soon as I'm done here. The weapons are fun as hell, many more weapons wait for you within the Metro now. New enemies, smarter AI, and a stealth system that actually works (unlike Metro 2033 which could've used a bit more work). I've been raving about this game since I bought it, and I even went as far as to write this review, urging you all to get it. It will not disappoint! Expand
  90. May 18, 2013
    This isn't a bad game, but not a great one either. I like the story and the atmosphere of the game, but the gameplay is a bit dull. The AI is slightly idiotic, especially when it comes to stealth type of fight. With some tweaks this could have been a great game.
  91. May 18, 2013
    Started the campaign at 7:30 PM ET and completed it at 4:30 AM ET...truly an experience i wont forget. I was immersed throughout the whole game and was lost from the moment i set foot in The Metro.
  92. May 18, 2013
    A cut above other FPS games with a fantastic atmosphere. Some of the places you visit in the Metro are hellish, and the developers have done a great job of making them feel terrifying and threatening. Population centres like Venice are incredibly well done and I would recommend Ranger hardcore mode for more immersion. Graphics are amazing and no other game looks better on max settings. IA cut above other FPS games with a fantastic atmosphere. Some of the places you visit in the Metro are hellish, and the developers have done a great job of making them feel terrifying and threatening. Population centres like Venice are incredibly well done and I would recommend Ranger hardcore mode for more immersion. Graphics are amazing and no other game looks better on max settings. I have all settings maxed out at 1920x1080 apart from AA (using FXAA) and get rock solid 60 fps at all times with a GTX670 FTW sli system. There are plenty of games that don't look as good and where my system constantly stutters or drops to 40 fps (like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite), so it's clear the developers did a great job on the optimisation. They deserve huge credit for this game, although i won't give it 10/10 because the storyline was not perfect. Expand
  93. May 18, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a great game marred by clunky gunfights and some bad design decision. I'm happy to report that Last Light improves the overall game play by leaps and bounds. The gun fights are a joy and the level design is far more coherent and varied.
    Night vision is now useful and you can customise your guns with some good add-ons. It is now worth spending your currency in things other than bullets.
    The actual game play is great. You will go through enemy infested tunnels, swamps and ruins. You're encouraged to go stealthy and take out enemies one by one because once you go Rambo, you'll learn very quickly that your enemies are quite competent at kicking your butt.
    One thing that may be seen as a negative is that your trips to the surface are no longer mad, desperate dashes for survival like in 2033. But considering that Artyom is now a fully fledge ranger, it makes sense.

Don't let the fact that this is a sequel put you off. You do not need to play Metro 2033 put you enjoy Last Light. This is an outstanding game which when you consider the difficult conditions the Ukrainian devs had to work under, makes it even more impressive.
  94. May 18, 2013
    I had a really fun time with metro: last light. The setting of this series is just so intriguing that I can't help but love it. This game was nearly as good as metro 2033, If you're a fan of this genre then you will definitely enjoy last light.
  95. May 18, 2013
    Fantastic game from the beginning till the end. I loved metro 2033 and sequel didn't dissapoint. Some of the details and graphics I've seen. Story is very unique and unlike anything I've seen in other games.

Thank you developers for making such a great game I would recommend this to anyone.
  96. May 18, 2013
    The game is almost exactly like the first one. It is between an interactive movie and a very linear shooter. The shooter part is as mediocre as it was in the first one. They added stealth, which works in a ridiculous way: you can stand literally just in front of the guard and he does not see you. Which makes combat with people extremely easy, while combat with monsters is much harder andThe game is almost exactly like the first one. It is between an interactive movie and a very linear shooter. The shooter part is as mediocre as it was in the first one. They added stealth, which works in a ridiculous way: you can stand literally just in front of the guard and he does not see you. Which makes combat with people extremely easy, while combat with monsters is much harder and is pretty annoying for a casual game. The story and characters are also as extremely dumb and childish as in the first game (and I read and liked the original book). For some reason, every other post-nuclear survivor was a WWII reenactor. On a plus side, graphics got significantly improved and is actually very nice to look at. I guess graphics and general atmosphere is what sells this game, but there's not much else to it. Expand
  97. May 18, 2013
    This is a very nice experience, with a strong and compelling atmosphere and a somewhat interesting story. Almost everything has been improved from the last game.The graphics are even more gorgeous, the gameplay is significantly better, the level design is much better, the world design is breath-taking the atmosphere is still the same, it only falls short a little in the audio departmentThis is a very nice experience, with a strong and compelling atmosphere and a somewhat interesting story. Almost everything has been improved from the last game.The graphics are even more gorgeous, the gameplay is significantly better, the level design is much better, the world design is breath-taking the atmosphere is still the same, it only falls short a little in the audio department ,where the voice acting slightly of lower quality than in the first game.

If you want a great experience and you don`t mind the problems listed above ,you really should play this.

The biggest problems that this game has are the linearity of the game, the heavy scripting,the bad AI and the continuous hand-holding.
  98. May 18, 2013
    The gameplay of this one is amazing. It has good atmosphere and it feels like it was real. The story is pretty neat. There are only 2 things I don't like about this game: The english speech files were really unrealistic. So I play with the russian ones with english text. And also there are many lags. I have a really good pc but it still is lagging some times.
    It still is one of the best
    It still is one of the best survival-fps-games I've ever played.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. PC PowerPlay