8.6

1. May 16, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more aboutI thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more about Metro. The shooting mechanics, sound effects, and animations are all the same as the original game and that's generally fine. There are some effects and sounds that have been carried over from the first game and they seem to be of low quality, which was disappointing. In Last Light you'll be able to explore even more of the Metro as you set off to save the last remaining Dark One. I was satisfied with the number of places I got to see and the varied locations that the levels take place in. Stealth has been completely revamped and is much better than it was in the original, but I have to say it is way too easy to stealth through the game. My biggest problem however is the length. My first playthrough and normal difficulty lasted just a little less than 8 hours. This is quite disappointing since there isn't much replay value other than trying to get the other ending (there are two different endings to get which are based upon decisions you make throughout the game). In conclusion, Last Light is a solid game and well worth the purchase, but I feel like it isn't as good as the original Metro was. Expand
  2. May 23, 2013
    Excellent game, great story, great gameplay, many improvements over the first game. Definitely a must play game. I don't like the way they removed a difficulty setting and charging it money but at least they haven't removed anything important like in some other games (like that alien in ME3).
  3. Jul 30, 2014
    Perfectly desperate atmosphere of the world of post-apocalyptic Russia and pretty good FPS. Tension, the mood, and even challenge on the hardest difficulty made it a really memorable ride for me. More material like this! Have to cut some points down for the bugs and technical issues here and there that kept me from progressing further a few times and ruining my momentum, but patches mightPerfectly desperate atmosphere of the world of post-apocalyptic Russia and pretty good FPS. Tension, the mood, and even challenge on the hardest difficulty made it a really memorable ride for me. More material like this! Have to cut some points down for the bugs and technical issues here and there that kept me from progressing further a few times and ruining my momentum, but patches might have already fixed that in the meantime, once fully patched this is a must for post-apo desperation lovers. 8/10 Expand
  4. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  5. May 14, 2013
    I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal.I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal. Stealth and combat are largely unchanged, with a couple of new weapons added. I feel it's worth mentioning that normal and hard difficulties are still sort of easy. Probably the most common complaint about 2033 was that it was sort of linear Last Light remedies that with some truly well done, open outdoor maps. Some downsides are that the game doesn't play nice with AMD cards (nothing too major, just shadow flickering) and they removed the armor specializations. Bottom line, if you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will like Last Light just as much, if not more. Expand
  6. May 21, 2013
    If you have GTX Nvidia you'll get one of the best looking games out there. Great atmosphere, improved game play & stealth, unique guns, shooting is easily the best this year so far! Also one of the best horror I've ever played. Enemies are challenging. Levels design is amazing.
    Not perfect though, could have been more open. Great game overall
  7. Sep 4, 2013
    It was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to dateIt was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to date running on a high end PC, like mine. For a linear game it builds such a terrific dark and desperate atmosphere. Every moment is tense and exciting, and stealth is rarely done better. Stealth has been drastically improved since M 2033 to the point where stealth-ing the whole game is actually an option now (save the scripted moments). The world is unique and the story is gripping original and interesting. Combat is fun and fast, although the AI on lower difficulties can be brain-dead at times. This game is easily a contender for my choice at GOTY and i cant wait for more Metro. Expand
  8. May 15, 2013
    The two games in the Metro series have that rare honor of being games that people either immediately hate or love. This is true for both 2033 and Last Light. Especially Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my favorite all time games, being insanely difficult at times and horribly unforgiving and unique. Very unique. While Last Light continues in the vein of its predecessor its different.The two games in the Metro series have that rare honor of being games that people either immediately hate or love. This is true for both 2033 and Last Light. Especially Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my favorite all time games, being insanely difficult at times and horribly unforgiving and unique. Very unique. While Last Light continues in the vein of its predecessor its different. I love the atmosphere. The sets, the lighting, the creatures, the tension and the shooting are really second to none. The weapons are so well developed and enjoyable to shoot that it actually rises from the predecessor. The story is driven by eaves dropping and it demands.... no it REQUIRES patience to get the full story. While the story is linear, if you stick to just running from station to station and don't take chances with your air filters and your life by exploring you will miss the best part of this game.

Where it fails is in fully exploring the developing factions and that would have required a MUCH longer game. While I have not completed it yet (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through? I just arrived at the church outpost.) and I have clocked 10 hours on the game. It would have been a great addition to have more areas to explore. Perhaps that can be added as a DLC a true DLC and not the Ranger mode controversy. I get why 4A and Deep Silver made that decision to not limit content and not to make it time sensitive but having more areas to explore would add a lot to the game.

The voice acting is very hit and miss. At first I could not believe that Artyom was the same actor. The voice was much more confident, less bleak and more powerful. But that actual fits the maturing of Artyom from an inexperienced young buck with a wicked aim and tough as nails into a a true Ranger.

The game, and I have to emphasize this, is drop dead gorgeous. The lighting is spectacular. The sound is top notch with a great score. I also have to emphasize that the AI, on Normal at least, goes brain dead if you are successful with stealth which is not as difficult as you would think. Woe be to those who would engage in an all out fire fight in some sections. The human enemies have unbelievably good aim, work to flank you and, of course since its just you, they focus fire and take you down quickly if you botch it or are so foolish ans to start shooting with limited cover. So stealth is for humans, guns and bombs a blazing for beasts. The new mutant creatures are brilliant and difficult. Fighting is frantic, particularly on the surface where you not only need to manage your sparse ammo (not as sparse on normal as it was in 2033 however) and track your filter time. Its a brilliant way to make the game have real tension and express the panic of a fire fight no matter how tough you are.

I also really appreciated being able to explore the stations and the lives of those in the Metro. It feels very real. While some may be offended by the treatment of women in the game it is NOT unbelievable AT ALL. Some women are tough as nails like Anna the sniper, but others become victims of a horribly transformed world.

The story is very compelling and this is a game of immersion. If you don't like story and taking your time, you will NOT like this game. I look forward to a second play through on Ranger mode. Unlike its predecessor, playing on normal does not feel that hard at least not as hard as 2033. It feels more normal as a challenge instead just damn HARD and confusing.

This is a great survival game with a great story that I hope we will have more of.
  9. Jul 19, 2013
    I can practically cut and paste my Metro 2033 review into this games review.
    Metro: Last Light more than makes up for its linear gameplay by making the world extremely rich and detailed. However, I felt at times that the game was even more "on rails" than the original.
    I can practically cut and paste my Metro 2033 review into this games review.
    The game is a quality title, but I could not help but find myself irritated by the EXCESSIVE reuse of models and voices. And they are the same models and voices from the first game, so returning players will know what I mean immediately. They reuse the same male child model for every single kid in the metro and they did it again this game. Same voice, same face, on every...single...kid. Now to top it off; the alien children in the game, share the SAME...EXACT...VOICE. Inexcusable.
    Game loses points for excessive reuse of models and voices, even ones from the FIRST game, as well as the fact that the story was not as deep and intriguing as the original, feeling like it had been written strictly for the purposes of creating a sequel for the game.
  10. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this gameAwesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  11. May 14, 2013
    A really outstanding peace of work.. It's just like old 2033 all over again, just different missions and routes/locations a bit.. I need to give this 10/10 apocalyptic types are my most best 100% Keep it up!
  12. Feb 21, 2014
    Beautiful, interesting game. If you`re wondering if the DLCs are worth of buying - just skip them.

GRAPHICS This game has its moments, some even make you believe you`re watching the real thing. The best effects are smoke and lights, the actual textures aren`t that good, It might be the prettiest game I ever played I think. MUSIC and STORY Where Metro : Last Light shines is the

GRAPHICS

MUSIC and STORY
    Where Metro : Last Light shines is the story. The player comes close to his protagonist and stays with his adventures. It`s not the best there is, there are some copy and paste moments but that didn`t dissatisfy me. It`s very creepy underground aswell as in the city blocks. The monsters look great and give you goosebumps. All of it creates this dense atmosphere if danger and death everywhere. You are just a human crawling through tunnels, running from monsters, trying to survive. All of the maps are good and some of them, especially on the outside make up for some very powerful moments.
    Unfortunately the ending of the story is very weak and unsatisfying but I could live with relatively bad 30 minutes of what otherwise was a great believable world and story. I never was bored for a moment.

GAMEPLAY
    It has some rough edges here and there. I beat the game in the Ranger Mode, so I didn`t know how much ammo I had, the interface was just too coarse. Other times I died not because of lack of skill or concentration but because I was meant to. There are some moments for example where you have to lookout or you fall in the green water - it was really iritating. There are some scripts that I don`t like but nothing that would kill the gameplay. Overall it is nice, much better than in Metro 2033 but sometimes I felt that the game was too rough on me. Nonetheless the savegame checkpoints are well positioned so the troublesome moments went away fast so I could enjoy the story.
    I have to say that the stealth gameplay is too fantastic - the AI is just too stupid for that. You stand in a shadow and AI acts like nothing ever happened. Other times in shootouts it just stands or crouches in one spot and waits until you kill it. Not too bad but not great either.
    Because of the gameplay I couldn`t give the game anything more than 8/10.

It has to be said that my singleplayer campaign I went through in nearly 11 hours which is above average nowadays.

The DLCs are uninteresting and make no good additions to the core game which however is very good on its own.

So to sum it all up, I think it is a great game that falls short in some areas so it`s not a GOTY material. Maybe next Metro.
  13. Oct 7, 2013
    Linear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incrediblyLinear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incredibly well-presented murky world, that in my opinion is not far off the attention to detail you see in something like Bioshock Infinite. The story arc was a bit tough for me to follow, being that I never finished the first game, but still you don't need to worry as Artyom narrates the basics through the loading screens and there are notes you can access to catch up. Add that to a rich amount of NPC conversations you can eavesdrop on, and there's certainly more to this shooter than just shooting at monsters. Actually, that's one of the areas that I wasn't satisfied with. The monsters you fight are far less fun that when stealthily trying to take out guards or goons. Mostly, the monsters just charge you very quickly, you fire some shotgun rounds and they're dead. The only other thing to raise issue with, is the major lack of freedom there is to either make any kind of meaningful decisions, or to move about. It's literally like being on a beautifully-crafted fairground ride, more so than other games in this genre. Had the player been given slightly more freedom to explore or do things off the beaten track then this game could have been a 9+. Still, I heartily recommend checking out this game that is if you like your action served onrails. Expand
  14. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9,The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  15. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  16. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    [9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is[9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is an unforgettable experience that no-one should pass up. Expand
  18. Aug 1, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is an atmospheric first person shooter. It looks fantastic, except for the facial animations, they are sometimes horrible. Metro: Last Light is one of the games with the most atmosphere, without being a real horror game. You can go to the metro and listen to all persons. That's just wonderful. Also you have these horror moments, when you walk in a dark environment and theMetro: Last Light is an atmospheric first person shooter. It looks fantastic, except for the facial animations, they are sometimes horrible. Metro: Last Light is one of the games with the most atmosphere, without being a real horror game. You can go to the metro and listen to all persons. That's just wonderful. Also you have these horror moments, when you walk in a dark environment and the music says just "If there is now jumping a monster in your face, you'll scare the out of you". Damn, that's so great. You can stealth, so you don't have to kill your human enemies. But there are these parts, where you just shoot all the monsters. The KI is not really good, the weapons are nothing special and the game is a bit short. You have to play Metro 2033 to understand everything. Metro: Last Light is for me one of the best games 2013. Expand
  19. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  20. Aug 14, 2014
    I bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration betweenI bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration between loading screens. I picked this up and couldn't put it down until I finished it. Some people say it is too linear and I suppose it is very linear but a game about being in a maze of subway tunnels would get dangerously confusing if it wasn't. Some games do open world very well but I don't think it should be a requirement. Highly recommend. Expand
  21. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me reallyAnother awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  22. May 29, 2013
    This is a great game with a somewhat mystical story line that held my interest throughout. Artyom, however, is nothing more than a killing machine with very little meaningful dialog. As far a the game goes, this one plays well in spite of occasional freezes. The battles are challenging and the weapons are robust. I recommend this game highly. It's worth the $50.
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop. Hopefully maybe have another
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Hopefully maybe have another sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  24. Jul 12, 2013
    Even better than the first game. It also has better OST and voice acting this time. Absolutely amazing. Buy this game. I personally liked the bad ending more.
  25. May 16, 2013
    It's a good game. It's linear, and there's not much variety to gameplay in the tunnels but it's a worthy successor to the Metro2033, even if sometimes i feel that Metro2033 is the superior game of the two, in terms of content as opposed to graphics. The graphics, on the other hand, are well done, though the animation can get a bit stiff at times, but it's nothing i couldn't overlook. AfterIt's a good game. It's linear, and there's not much variety to gameplay in the tunnels but it's a worthy successor to the Metro2033, even if sometimes i feel that Metro2033 is the superior game of the two, in terms of content as opposed to graphics. The graphics, on the other hand, are well done, though the animation can get a bit stiff at times, but it's nothing i couldn't overlook. After the update they released it flows better than before on the old AMD, so big points there as well. Story-wise it's a home run, just like it's predecessor and the pacing alone can carry the game through. After reading about the harsh conditions the people of 4A studios were subjected to during development, i think they should be commended on their enormous effort, not only to push this game out, but to do right by its fans and customers, considering the circumstances. Their work was nothing short of absolute heroism. Bravo! Expand
  26. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante andThe high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  27. Aug 2, 2013
    Kontynuacja jednej z najbardziej klimatycznych gier w historii wreszcie nadeszła. Twórcy podeszli do zadania znakomicie. Przepiękna grafika(chodź nie taka, jak ją zapowiadali twórcy), poprawiony model strzelania, nowe, ciekawe elementy. Twórcy dopracowali model skradania, przez co w grze możemy teraz decydować się na rozwałkę lub atak po cichu. Twórcy jeszcze bardziej polepszyli klimatKontynuacja jednej z najbardziej klimatycznych gier w historii wreszcie nadeszła. Twórcy podeszli do zadania znakomicie. Przepiękna grafika(chodź nie taka, jak ją zapowiadali twórcy), poprawiony model strzelania, nowe, ciekawe elementy. Twórcy dopracowali model skradania, przez co w grze możemy teraz decydować się na rozwałkę lub atak po cichu. Twórcy jeszcze bardziej polepszyli klimat metra, dodając mu trochę cięższy poziom trudności. Gra naprawdę wymaga pochwalenia, jest to na pewno jeden z najlepszych FPS'ów tego roku. Miało być idealnie, jednak twórcy popełnili parę błędów. Mówię tutaj o drobnych nie dopracowaniach, o niewykorzystanym potencjale fabuły, i o bezsensownym spawnowaniu przeciwników oraz o głupiej rozwałce pod koniec która psuła z lekka horrorowy klimat tej gry. Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  28. Mar 20, 2014
    Out of nowhere, Metro Last Light became one of my favorite games. I thought Metro 2033 was ok, but had too many bugs and other problems. In Metro LL, all that is fixed and improved and the game is simply incredible.

The graphics are outstanding. This game makes screenshots look like drawings. Very sharp, detailled textures, great lighting and shadows. Rain drops run down your gas mask (until you wipe the mask) and sunshine reflects in the rain drops. There's a really great atmosphere in the dark places, because of the realistic lighting. Even your watch is a light source that reflects off walls... and it displays your local time! Talk about love for details, the developers showed a lot of that. The character animations look better than in any other game I've played. I often just stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings.
    Surprisingly, the performance is also really good and the gameplay is very fluid without any loading times for textures or something like that, even on my average PC. The graphics engine is very, very well optimized.
    The highest graphics settings (especially SSAA) make little visual difference and require a lot of performance, so you can run the game on normal or high without missing anything.

The sounds and music support the graphics perfectly. When you're standing in a warehouse and it's raining, you can hear the rain falling on the corrugated iron and it feels like out of a movie. The music is sometimes slow and sometimes fast and always great, especially the guitar tunes.

Metro LL is oozing atmosphere. I was totally immersed in the game the whole time I played. I don't think there are two places that look the same. The environment keeps changing as you go through the story and it always looks great and fits the dark theme perfectly. Some of the locations will certainly give you the creeps. The levels are usually very linear, but often with different routes. Last Light is relatively short (about 15 hours), but that's much better than a longer game with repeating levels and content. These 15 hours will probably be among the best you've spent in a game and I already know that I'll play it many more times.
    During the game, you will also meet one of the most awesome and strange characters, but I don't want to spoil anything.

The game also runs natively on Linux and it's probably the best Linux game available so far.

It should be clear by now that Metro: Last Light is a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. If you haven't played it, switch off the lights and go play it now.
  29. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  30. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is amazing! The graphics are fantastic and the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay is incredible and the game has some rather creative enemies that keep the game interesting so don't worry about it getting dull. There are some great sneaking bits in the game but there where a few moments where I was in plain sight but the enemy somehow couldn't see me. This game is a masterpieceThis game is amazing! The graphics are fantastic and the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay is incredible and the game has some rather creative enemies that keep the game interesting so don't worry about it getting dull. There are some great sneaking bits in the game but there where a few moments where I was in plain sight but the enemy somehow couldn't see me. This game is a masterpiece and if you enjoyed Metro 2033 you are gonna love this. Expand
  31. Xon
    Jul 17, 2013
    I read the book and played the first game. I loved both to bits. Therefore my expectations of the follow-up was sky high. Eventhoug the game never quite met them, it didn't disappoint.

The good: -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details. -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings. -solid gameplay The bad -Considering its literary roots the story and

The good:
    -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details.
    -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings.
    -solid gameplay

The bad
    -Considering its literary roots the story and dialogue were rather bland.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to giving it another spin once I've updated my gaming rig to meld my eyes.
  32. May 25, 2013
    Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements,Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements, and to its outstanding visual and audio presentation that is also well-optimized for PC, Last Light is everything Metro 2033 should have been and better. With a lengthy plot that's exciting and well-presented from start to finish coupled with its superb gameplay mechanics, Metro: Last Light is 2013's first official contender for FPS of the year. If you had your quarrels with Metro 2033 like me, you'll fall in love with this sequel. An outstanding adventure shooter with class. Expand
  33. Oct 27, 2014
    I have the original version with all the DLC. I think the DLC is a waste of money but the base game rocks.

The graphics are astounding and a serious improvement over 2033. Many objects and settings look photo-realistic. The weather is incredible as it rains on the visor. Very often I simply could not believe my eyes with the graphics, they really are staggering. The GTX 970 4GB runs it smooth with 4xAA, but occasionally needs reducing to 3xAA.

The game runs smoother in a way compared with 2033. The checkpoints come more often helping the player through. (There were a couple of very difficult checkpoints though, and I got upset with it as you do.) The combat is easier from the perspective you can kill with one bullet, which makes complete sense.

The story is immersive as are the graphics and sets. The game takes on a 'really there' persona. The story itself is quite 'deep'. Some may not like it but I did lots. There were strange aspects to the game and I was occasionally thinking, this has a touch of Half-Life about it. Looking at some of the pro reviews on Metacritic I saw another Half-Life comparison made.

The downside of the game for me was I got lost quite a few times. When you have the mask on and filter time matters, panic sets in. I ended up too many times having to consult youtube and walkthroughs. Those hard checkpoints stuck hard in my memory, and I despair at the checkpoint system anyway. As long as developers are going to be having a laugh at us, I will mark down their products. Also I will never pay full price. I bought for about £6. (Additionally, far too much dialogue in the early parts of the game.)
  34. Jun 26, 2013
    Last light is a great sequel to metro 2033 and fixes a lot of the issues that previous title had like stealth and combat, the graphics are stunning if you can run them, however its not that long with no multilayer/ co-op. hence an 8 instead of a 10 hopefully dlc will fix this but that's more money to spend on an already costly game.
  35. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  36. Jul 25, 2013
    Improved gunplay, epic scenery, great graphics and the need of weaing gas mask on surface make it a great atmospheric game. Story is great, you travel in underground as well as on surface to change the fate of humanity. There is not such an epic level as library in Metro 2033 but when the game starts building scaryness in some parts you will want to pass theese places as fast as you canImproved gunplay, epic scenery, great graphics and the need of weaing gas mask on surface make it a great atmospheric game. Story is great, you travel in underground as well as on surface to change the fate of humanity. There is not such an epic level as library in Metro 2033 but when the game starts building scaryness in some parts you will want to pass theese places as fast as you can just to get away from it. A very well made sequel. Expand
  37. May 15, 2013
    never beat 2033. while better, not needed to understand last light. i hate fps, and all i have to say about this game, is worthy of the score i am giving it. A complete blast, intense. there are no shallow moments, it has better stealth than spilnter cell ffs.

inceridble atmosphere, gunplay, difficulty, all well paced and very well acted. Optimization is not the best, but if you can run it, you are going to absolutely love it, guaranteed.
  38. May 17, 2013
    After spending just a couple of hours with it, the pros outweigh the cons by FAR. Last Light proves that Metro 2033 was not a fluke, the guys at 4A clearly listened to the community. Stealth sequences are really good and so on... What is truly difficult to pull off is intense gunplay and 4A have vastly improved on the shooting mechanics of the original. F.E.A.R. is a good comparison.After spending just a couple of hours with it, the pros outweigh the cons by FAR. Last Light proves that Metro 2033 was not a fluke, the guys at 4A clearly listened to the community. Stealth sequences are really good and so on... What is truly difficult to pull off is intense gunplay and 4A have vastly improved on the shooting mechanics of the original. F.E.A.R. is a good comparison. Tense, claustrophobic and urgent shootouts.

I am aware of the various tech issues unfortunately surrounding the game and I read a lot of pre-release articles and visited the Steam LL forum many times, doubting whether my PC would run it. I played 2033 on my current rig utilizing a very modest and outdated ATI HD4770. Last Light looks and runs noticeably better. Admittedly I have to keep the gfx settings at Normal but it is hard to believe how well the game runs. Steady FPS and the atmosphere is still intact. Clever configuration and subtle overclocking goes a very very long way. Point being ATI users need not fear, especially those with dignified GPUs.

LL is to 2033 as ME2 is to ME1. I was at first a bit wary of the Hollywood bombast running throughout ME2 with combat replacing most of the RPG elements but it made sense in the context of the game. Last Light is bigger and bolder. It is incredibly linear, but there are plenty of games that give you free reign and let you run amok. The narrative is good enough. The gameplay is thrilling and the atmosphere is unbeatable.
  39. May 18, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a great game marred by clunky gunfights and some bad design decision. I'm happy to report that Last Light improves the overall game play by leaps and bounds. The gun fights are a joy and the level design is far more coherent and varied.
    Night vision is now useful and you can customise your guns with some good add-ons. It is now worth spending your currency in things other than bullets.
    The actual game play is great. You will go through enemy infested tunnels, swamps and ruins. You're encouraged to go stealthy and take out enemies one by one because once you go Rambo, you'll learn very quickly that your enemies are quite competent at kicking your butt.
    One thing that may be seen as a negative is that your trips to the surface are no longer mad, desperate dashes for survival like in 2033. But considering that Artyom is now a fully fledge ranger, it makes sense.

Don't let the fact that this is a sequel put you off. You do not need to play Metro 2033 put you enjoy Last Light. This is an outstanding game which when you consider the difficult conditions the Ukrainian devs had to work under, makes it even more impressive.
  40. May 18, 2013
    The gameplay of this one is amazing. It has good atmosphere and it feels like it was real. The story is pretty neat. There are only 2 things I don't like about this game: The english speech files were really unrealistic. So I play with the russian ones with english text. And also there are many lags. I have a really good pc but it still is lagging some times.
    It still is one of the best
    It still is one of the best survival-fps-games I've ever played.
  41. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen toA HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  43. Oct 9, 2014
    Good in every way. I hate open-world or branch structured which is in its nature very repetitive and wastes much time to explore meaningless gadgets, although some people call it freedom......
    Metro last light is very linear and is just like an interactive movie, but with decent story length more than 10 hours. There is no side mission to distract you. You always feel progressive when playing but not in a haste way. It gives you a very balanced tempo, every time after intense battle, there is a distinctive refuge for you to have a deep stretch. In the refuge you can wander, listen to other's conversation, trigger funny mini scripts, improve your weapons, and then go on your journey.
    The atmosphere is like The Last of Us, but more dark, muddy, creepy, polluted, and with advanced game engine, it immerses you. I think the game is very optimized. Using gtx 760 to play at ultra setting is without any glitch and still has margin.
  44. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselvesThis game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  45. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  46. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your headI have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your head off and to me.. that's pretty cool. I enjoy the characters that you meet and the plot is pretty nifty with the different factions. My only complaint so far is the stealth combat in regards to the AI. If you stick to the shadows and pop head shots with a silencer.. you can pretty much take out an army without any problems. Over all I highly recommend the game. Expand
  47. Apr 4, 2015
    Stealth is a bit on the easy side and draws away from the experience a little. Aside from that, Metro Last Light is a very solid game that improves on almost every aspect of the former Metro 2033. For one, the visuals are stunning and you can't help but take a moment to take in the bleak, yet oddly beautiful landscapes. All the little survival mechanics such as wiping your gas mask reallyStealth is a bit on the easy side and draws away from the experience a little. Aside from that, Metro Last Light is a very solid game that improves on almost every aspect of the former Metro 2033. For one, the visuals are stunning and you can't help but take a moment to take in the bleak, yet oddly beautiful landscapes. All the little survival mechanics such as wiping your gas mask really aid in building immersion and constructing a convincing sense of realism. Ammunition is fairly abundant though, and the prevalence of high tech gun modifications does somewhat detract from the whole survival vibe introduced in the first game. Lastly, I would've appreciated the option to disable/enable HUD for Ranger modes.

Overall rating: 8.2/10
  48. May 14, 2013
    Game is amazing, the atmosphere, the graphics, the improved gunplay and the immersion are all top notch.

Go buy this game ASAP and turn off the lights and crank the volume up! improved over the first game in every way!
  49. Nov 6, 2013
    I gave the game 9 and that's only because i never give 10, but this game just get it and you are on for a ride that you'll never forget, ever, true art on all levels
  50. May 23, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a really great sequel to a really great game. The graphics look amazing, the gunplay has improved a lot from Metro 2033, the story is great and it runs great on my 6670.
  51. May 21, 2013
    I love it! Yes, it is very close to being on the rails, but does it at all pretend it isn't? Did it claim to be an open world shooter? No.

It's like ordering pizza and complaining because it doesn't taste enough like steak pie.

The story is gripping, the combat is satisfying, the stealth is one of the better done stealth systems.
  52. Mar 18, 2014
    After purchasing Metro: 2033 almost a year ago and never actually completing the game due to its poor optimisation and constant frame rate problems, I was sceptical about buying Last Light. However, I can safely say after completing the game just minutes ago, Metro: Last Light is well worth your money and one of the best titles I've played this year.

I'll start off by saying that this

I'll start off by saying that this game is probably at the peak of any list for 'most atmospheric' games, and I genuinely felt like I was in the Metro tunnels myself when playing it. With the gorgeous textures, lighting, animation and sound effects, it feels like a horror movie at times, you cannot beat the theme of this game. Although I was forced to play with PhysX off, 'normal' textures and low anti aliasing (even using a GTX 780), the game was still amazing in terms of visuals. Compared to Metro: 2033, the optimisation seems much improved, although there were times I had major frame rate drops and I did have to follow some YouTube tutorials to fix things like field of view and switch the game to DX9 for better performance. Inside tunnels and 'smaller' areas I was getting around 60-100fps, but outside in the stormy weather conditions it could drop to around 30-40fps, still playable however.

In terms of the storyline, this was also surprisingly captivating and beat my expectations. The game does follow directly from Metro: 2033, so it's worth either playing that game or at least reading up/watching gameplay for what happened at the end of it. I won't spoil anything, but I can at least say the game captured me emotionally and I ended up playing Metro: Last Light through the night, that's how eager I was to find out what happens with the story. There are many storylines for FPS games that are often repetitive and tedious, but this game with its creepy atmosphere and incredible immersiveness will not leave you bored. The game also offers multiple ways to approach each mission, whether you go in all guns blazing or use stealth. I'd highly recommend taking the stealth route though, you'll save on ammo.

As far as negatives go, there are a few issues with the game. As I mentioned earlier, the game does cause frame rate drops and will definitely eat up your GPU if you're playing on PC. I own a GTX 780 myself which is a very expensive GPU, and even I struggled at times to run this, so I feel sorry for anyone using a lower end GPU. The game also felt at times like it was too easy. I played the game on 'normal' difficulty so I wasn't expecting it to be impossible. However, at times I was standing right in front of an AI enemy and apparently I was completely hidden from sight. There was also an abundance of ammo laying around as well as gas mask filters... not once did I run out of equipment or ammo. Last of all, I would have also liked to see some additional settings in the options menu. For such a highly graphical game on PC, it stupidly lacks things like a FOV slider, or a button to turn off motion blur... in general the settings lacked so much depth.

Overall the game is a definite buy if you're an FPS fan or just want something to immerse yourself in for around 10 hours. I definitely look forward to another game in this series, hopefully with better optimisation next time!
  53. Jun 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction,Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction, but I cannot say this for everyone as it only offers two ending for replay value and no multiplayer. After hearing the conditions that 4A Games were forced to work under I find it incredible that this game was released with such high quality graphics and gunplay. Fantastic!

54. May 30, 2013
    Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

With Artyom now being hardened ranger rather than some nobody from station at the edge of metro, the tunnels don't really feel as mysterious or dangerous as they used to. The atmosphere is still there when visiting the stations, but the impact it used to make in 2033 is somewhat gone. Since nothing else like 2033 came out since then, that isn't really much of a problem.

What certainly is a problem and what I consider the greatest flaw of the game, is how easy the stealth approach is. In 2033 you cold try and go stealth from time to time, but since everyone knew exactly where you are the moment someone hardly glimpsed you, it worked rather as a way to take down a bunch of guys before the shooting started stealth wasn't really a safe option. In Last Light however the stealth is made super-easy to the level where I had about 3 open firefights with human enemies in a whole game. Enemies are near-blind in "darkness", take considerable amount of time to acknowledge your presence in light and are positioned in such way that you can take out almost all of of them without anyone noticing. It just isn't really much fun things should go bad more easier, it should be more challenging to make a silent kill, ways to distract the enemy should be available and necessity for silent removal. Firefights in 2033 were simply more enjoyable than stealth in Last Light. And you can't really go guns blazing when playing on Ranger Hardcore difficulty.

Now, the fact that Ranger Hardcore difficulty is a paid DLC/pre-order bonus didn't bother me much, since 1) I did pre-order, 2) I am a clerk at the games retail store and all copies we have do have the DLC included, which is the case with most of the early "limited" copies of games. What baffles me though is that this technically paid-for DLC is broken. One of its features is the game being HUDless and certain actions don't have reliable feedback outside the HUD, most obviously secondary weapon selection process has to be done with almost no indication that anything is happening. Being able to visually check how much ammo/currency I have or what upgrades does my current gun sport would be helpful too.

Last Light obviously looks great and runs pretty good even on less powerful cards. I have to say though that 2033 graphics felt a bit more... hm.. sharp. Crisp. Last Light sort if loses some detail. I have similiar problem with Crysis games from technical standpoint, the first one seems to look the best to me. Last Light is nontheless one of the best looking games out there and some of the sceneries are just breathtaking and storms on the surface are pure awesome.

Hm.. what else is there to say... combat with mutants got a lot better, although their dead bodies still act like inflated with helium for some reason and slowly float to the ground so it's hard to tell if they are already dead and I don't really get how you can screw this up in a first place. There's a bunch of bossfights, two maps before the first one (I think) there are almost no resources scattered around the place so I ended up going against it with 30 seconds on gasmask and 30 bullets in the gun. Got to reaload older checkpoint and sprint through to save up on ammo and filters.

I know I am rather critical there, I usually am pinpointing mistakes is just that easier, but bear in mind that in this decade there aren't many FPS games on comparable quality level since Metro 2033 (which I do consider a shlightly better game than Last Light if you didn't figure it out by now) only Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 3 come to mind, as far as I am concerned.
  55. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silentlyThe game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  56. Aug 21, 2014
    Awesome graphic textures and atmosphere, pretty good performance, a good story, a fairly long campaign, and retains the gritty Metro feel that was present in the previous game.
  57. Sep 23, 2013
    A phenomenal game the vastly improves on many of the flaws from the last game. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen and the atmosphere is the best post-apocalyptic atmosphere ever. The story is also amazing. An excellent game.
  58. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  59. May 15, 2013
    Solid and great game that built a strong foundation upon the previous game and doesn't alienate its roots. Combat is great the stealth aspect of the game has been improved. One major issue is the AI. it fails at times to even function properly. A great addition to the survival horror fps genre and can be at time challenging but still feels too easy even on max difficulty.
    Wanted to give
    Wanted to give it a 8.5 its almost a 9 but just stops short of hitting that due to the dumb AI and unimpressive weapon selection you are given which isn't bad but doesn't really feel varied and unique.
  60. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  61. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both areMetro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  62. Jun 15, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is not an open world hardcore shooter. It's a linear storytelling game. If you can leave with that try it. It's just great.
    Metro is the same genre as Bioshock Infinite (Exploring unique linear world mixed with a fine story and weak shooter), and for me Metro is better in this.
  63. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  64. Feb 6, 2014
    The intense and unique atmosphere brought by the dark metro seen like never before along with a great written storyline and apocalyptic landscapes of the ruin of Moscow makes of this game a truly masterpiece.Graphically this game looks amazing.Also sounds can be very creepy at some points.Metro Last Light and 2033 are not just two simple FPS games, they are pieces of art.
  65. Feb 7, 2015
    Haven't played the sequel but enjoyed this game sooo much. Plot was amazing, it was like a freaking movie! Gameplay was very smooth and the graphics were great. Best game I've ever played.
  66. JEK
    May 30, 2013
    I really love this game. Post apocalyptic FPS game. The graphics and gameplay are great just like Metro 2033. I'm just wondering why they changed the voice actor from 2033. Overall this is really a good game and I recommend it.
  67. Jul 31, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is an excellent example how to provide a gripping well paced narrative, an above average shooting and stealth gameplay experiance, placed in gritty yet pretty enviroment. Does the game have its fair share of mistakes and misgivings? Yes, but for a game that had half the budget that most AAA games, this is a game nobody should pass on.
  68. Jul 18, 2014
    One of the best first persons shooters I have ever played. Amazing graphical fidelity paired with a spectacular art design and a well executed story. What more could you want?
  69. May 15, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are allMetro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are all top notch, especially areas where you get to leave the metro and go to the surface. MetroLL has to be one of the most beautiful pc games I have ever played. I do own the xbox version as well and I have to give credit to 4A games for making a game look this good on pc/consoles. The guns all have a real world feeling to them and the hit detection is much better than in the previous game. The stealth gameplay is much better this time around and allows you to play the game the way you want to. You can go in guns blazing or conserve ammo for the surface and kill quietly in the shadows. MetroLL is a great game that shouldn't be missed if you like a good singleplayer immersive experience. 4A games did a great job on this game and proved that there are a lot of talented developers in Europe. Expand
  70. May 18, 2013
    Metro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with anMetro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with an amazing ending to make you just go "wow". You will care for characters, and others. Helping others has it's own reward. Just remember that Karma is a The setting of last light is also fresh and new. Like, what other game lets you play in a post apocalyptic Moscow metro? None. This game delivers that and does it extremely well. Though Last Light has it's problems such as its really linear story, AI Stealth detection is a bit forgiving and off but not enough to ruin it for you. There are also technical difficulties that the developers can fix. And my biggest problem with the game is that its main characters voice does not use it in game but only in loading screens. I think if they put his voice in game, then dialogue would sound allot less awkward and better. Narrative would become amazing. Over all this game is a must own for any one looking into a well driven story, especially if your a metro fan. Expand
  71. May 15, 2013
    rail-shooter, but due to the story (which is the best in this game) understandably so.
    what I find funny is this: many people give this game a low rating, BECAUSE there are NO open-world elements at_all, but... said people gave Bioshock Infinite high ratings and praised it although that game is as_much a shooter on rails, as is this one!
    the game is mediocre at best and it is

the game is mediocre at best and it is saddening because it could havbe been a great linear shooter, if it weren't for all those bugs, the bad AI and too many little things.

I really loved the first Metro 2033 this one just isn't as good... or I am not as forgiving as I have been before.
  72. May 17, 2013
    HL2 Potential Ego Shooter with incredible good Graphics and very deeb Atmosphere. Its linear most times, here and there a little extra to explore. The Locations are all very detailed and you can see and hear the love the Dev´s put into it. The Game is very polished, I didnt encounter any bugs or crashes.
    4A Games showed impressive how awesome a Shooter can be.
  73. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  74. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  75. Aug 23, 2013
    If this game ironed out a few flaws, it would be the best game of the year so far. I had my doubts, the first few levels have some stupid parts where they take every weapon from you but holy hell does it pick up. Never played a game that paces itself so well.

Please please please fix it so you can see inventory on ranger mode though. Its no a realistic touch, its just stupid. Make it so you just look down and see how many mags you have if you want, I don't care. I just didn't like not knowing how much ammo I had left especially since counting it is worthless since you can't see how much you pick up off of dead bodies.

The number one complaint is the AI but in hindsight, it probably is more realistic that there would be mass confusion if people started dropping so I can let that go. Bugs are being ironed out very quickly, it only took two days for the devs to release a fix for the AMD graphics glitch.

It was slightly disapointing that the specialized suits didn't make a return but it really wasn't that big of a deal. A much bigger drawback is the fact that the setup is based around controllers for consoles so secondaries (grenades, throwing knives, etc.) are more annoying to use for PC users (plus grenades can no longer be cooked).
  76. May 16, 2013
    This game deserves >9. It pushes modern hardware (somewhat), it has an excellent story, it is novel, thought provocative, and intelligent. And it ends with an uplifting message.
    Don't shy away from from the unknown. Have the courage to try something--something that you may not understand. Play this game.
  77. Apr 29, 2014
    Metro Last Light is my absolute FAVORITE game on my PC or my PS4. I've beat the campaign 3 times, and played every single DLC at least 3 times.

The graphics in this game are top of the line. Better than Crysis 3 on PC IMO. Attention to detail and the lighting system is what sets this game apart from the rest.

10/10 no doubt. Best game.
  78. Aug 24, 2014
    10x times better than the first, both technically and...everything else. If you liked the first (or even if you didn't like it that much), you will like this. 88/100. 15 hours for a good explored playthrough.
  79. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  80. oso
    Nov 5, 2013
    Technically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of andTechnically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of and waited with purchase for the game price to drop. Expand
  81. May 21, 2013
    this is greatness. Bioshock was crap compared to this. THe gameplay is superb.. it touches on Thief and keeps the hardcore grind of the last metro.
    I was simply blown away by the stealth system and how you approach each area
    Support them. THanks.
  82. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters areThis game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  83. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because ofThis game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because of the increased action. The real fun is addressing every single situation differently, whether you want to sneak by, silently kill everyone or just go in guns blazing. Different factors will affect the way you play: you might get help from a supernatural source, be fighting monsters from above or have a cracked gas mask that requires the utmost care not to break. Juggling limited ammo and gas filters as well as pumping up your air powered rifles and flashlight electricity make this incredibly challenging. Which, one man army COD players, is actually a very good thing. You actually have to think to fight (good FPS skills still required.) Graphics look absolutely top notch, even though unless you have a great computer your graphics must be reduced. Loads of DLC will be coming, as will many more hours of gameplay. All in all, these countless coming hours will be every bit more special that the countless hours of typical multiplayer FPS that is typically popular. Expand
  84. May 18, 2013
    This game did one thing phenomenally well and that was to tell a dark, intelligent, and truly compelling and rich story. The guns were good and felt right the character you play moves throughout the world nicely and it feels truly unique that you are in fact a part of your environment as it does affect you.
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is that sometimes the A.I. can be totally moronic and this often would make it easier than perhaps it should have been even in ranger mode on hard.
  85. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  86. Jun 22, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs,Metro: Last Light is frankly one of the few games that i found to be great coming from 2013, i mean i dont think it deserved game of the year but it definitely serves as a nominee or a runner up, It takes everything great from Metro 2033, like its atmosphere and gives it great graphics and better gameplay, the only thing that pushes it back from such success that it deserves is the specs, you need a new computer (or new parts) to run this on the minimal settings with some frame rate issues. You may wish to buy it on consoles as its probable dumbed down to be runable on them (or wait for the redux on the new consoles) Expand
  87. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  88. May 16, 2013
    Metro: Last Light's take on a post apocalyptic world strips away a lot of the tongue-and-cheek (Fallout/Rage) and Saturday morning cartoon (Borderlands/Bulletstorm) and instead creates a bleak yet beautiful world that wouldn't be at all fun to live in. It's darker and grittier setting straddles the line between horror, science fiction, and mms and does so very well.
    The story, much
    The story, much like Metro 2033's, is a linear narrative driven one, which you once again take up the role of Artyom, a skilled ranger who is more often than not used as a pawn. This story begins after the events of Metro 2033 and ties into the choices made in that games conclusion. What really sells this story is the masterfully crafted world in which it takes place. It draws you in and makes the experience very immersive.
    Pros Graphic Fidelity. World Design. Animations. Story. Sound. Gameplay.
    Cons: Average English Voice Acting. Average A.I.
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've hadJust as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  90. Sep 8, 2013
    a few minor dislikes: hit detection is distracting and should be an option, very linear and almost on the rails, enemies are blind and death, paying for difficulty levels wtf. but i have given a 8 as it could of been amazing. imagine stalker with these graphics.
  91. Jul 18, 2013
    Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play.Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play. The real world can wait while you save the Metro once again. Expand
  92. May 21, 2013
    The option to have two endings was a bad idea it made both endings feel watered down and rushed. The final engagement was a bit boring, and the love interest felt a little shoehorned in. Some animations are stiff and jerky, and voice acting was very dodgy. It froze my computer three times.
    Apart from that, however, the game sucked me in like a black hole and I loved every last minute of it. A word of advice, however, if you want a good ending, do not kill any humans you don't have to, anywhere.
  93. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light is better than its predecessor. While the gameplay is similar to call of duty and battlefield; the graphic, story, game mechanism and world are better than CoD or BF. This game is a well blend of horror and action and a must play for every gamer. This game is definitely worth playing.
  94. Jun 3, 2013
    Metro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different andMetro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different and unique shooter. Expand
  95. Aug 22, 2013
    Great game, one of the few times I think I actually like a sequel better than the original. Even some of the DLC has some good play time to it, and they kept Ranger mode in.
  96. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not emptyLike what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  97. Jul 23, 2013
    It's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for aIt's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for a good deal, say under $30 it's worth it.

Sadly there are a few technical issues, especially for nvidia users. The current WHQL drivers(320.49) cause hardlocks of the game requiring a reboot, otherwise you're left with a looping driver crash/restart problem.
  98. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  99. Jun 7, 2013
    Don't look at Critic Reviews. This game is underrated.
  100. May 14, 2013
    What makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game didWhat makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game did not disappoint me one bit, well worth the preorder. Idk why some "professional" reviewers gave it like a 70. AI is fine, sure could use some work, but still fine and seems to act fairly intelligent. 10/10 Buy it, play it, embrace the metro! Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013