8.6

1. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  2. May 14, 2013
    I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal. Stealth and combat are largely unchanged, with a couple of new weapons added. I feel it's worth mentioning that normal and hard difficulties are still sort of easy. Probably the most common complaint about 2033 was that it was sort of linear Last Light remedies that with some truly well done, open outdoor maps. Some downsides are that the game doesn't play nice with AMD cards (nothing too major, just shadow flickering) and they removed the armor specializations. Bottom line, if you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will like Last Light just as much, if not more. Expand
  3. May 21, 2013
    If you have GTX Nvidia you'll get one of the best looking games out there. Great atmosphere, improved game play & stealth, unique guns, shooting is easily the best this year so far! Also one of the best horror I've ever played. Enemies are challenging. Levels design is amazing.
    Not perfect though, could have been more open. Great game overall
  4. Sep 4, 2013
    It was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to date running on a high end PC, like mine. For a linear game it builds such a terrific dark and desperate atmosphere. Every moment is tense and exciting, and stealth is rarely done better. Stealth has been drastically improved since M 2033 to the point where stealth-ing the whole game is actually an option now (save the scripted moments). The world is unique and the story is gripping original and interesting. Combat is fun and fast, although the AI on lower difficulties can be brain-dead at times. This game is easily a contender for my choice at GOTY and i cant wait for more Metro. Expand
  5. May 23, 2013
    Excellent game, great story, great gameplay, many improvements over the first game. Definitely a must play game. I don't like the way they removed a difficulty setting and charging it money but at least they haven't removed anything important like in some other games (like that alien in ME3).
  6. May 15, 2013
    The two games in the Metro series have that rare honor of being games that people either immediately hate or love. This is true for both 2033 and Last Light. Especially Last Light. Metro 2033 is one of my favorite all time games, being insanely difficult at times and horribly unforgiving and unique. Very unique. While Last Light continues in the vein of its predecessor its different. I love the atmosphere. The sets, the lighting, the creatures, the tension and the shooting are really second to none. The weapons are so well developed and enjoyable to shoot that it actually rises from the predecessor. The story is driven by eaves dropping and it demands.... no it REQUIRES patience to get the full story. While the story is linear, if you stick to just running from station to station and don't take chances with your air filters and your life by exploring you will miss the best part of this game.

Where it fails is in fully exploring the developing factions and that would have required a MUCH longer game. While I have not completed it yet (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through? I just arrived at the church outpost.) and I have clocked 10 hours on the game. It would have been a great addition to have more areas to explore. Perhaps that can be added as a DLC a true DLC and not the Ranger mode controversy. I get why 4A and Deep Silver made that decision to not limit content and not to make it time sensitive but having more areas to explore would add a lot to the game.

The voice acting is very hit and miss. At first I could not believe that Artyom was the same actor. The voice was much more confident, less bleak and more powerful. But that actual fits the maturing of Artyom from an inexperienced young buck with a wicked aim and tough as nails into a a true Ranger.

The game, and I have to emphasize this, is drop dead gorgeous. The lighting is spectacular. The sound is top notch with a great score. I also have to emphasize that the AI, on Normal at least, goes brain dead if you are successful with stealth which is not as difficult as you would think. Woe be to those who would engage in an all out fire fight in some sections. The human enemies have unbelievably good aim, work to flank you and, of course since its just you, they focus fire and take you down quickly if you botch it or are so foolish ans to start shooting with limited cover. So stealth is for humans, guns and bombs a blazing for beasts. The new mutant creatures are brilliant and difficult. Fighting is frantic, particularly on the surface where you not only need to manage your sparse ammo (not as sparse on normal as it was in 2033 however) and track your filter time. Its a brilliant way to make the game have real tension and express the panic of a fire fight no matter how tough you are.

I also really appreciated being able to explore the stations and the lives of those in the Metro. It feels very real. While some may be offended by the treatment of women in the game it is NOT unbelievable AT ALL. Some women are tough as nails like Anna the sniper, but others become victims of a horribly transformed world.

The story is very compelling and this is a game of immersion. If you don't like story and taking your time, you will NOT like this game. I look forward to a second play through on Ranger mode. Unlike its predecessor, playing on normal does not feel that hard at least not as hard as 2033. It feels more normal as a challenge instead just damn HARD and confusing.

This is a great survival game with a great story that I hope we will have more of.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    [9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is an unforgettable experience that no-one should pass up. Expand
  8. Aug 1, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is an atmospheric first person shooter. It looks fantastic, except for the facial animations, they are sometimes horrible. Metro: Last Light is one of the games with the most atmosphere, without being a real horror game. You can go to the metro and listen to all persons. That's just wonderful. Also you have these horror moments, when you walk in a dark environment and the music says just "If there is now jumping a monster in your face, you'll scare the out of you". Damn, that's so great. You can stealth, so you don't have to kill your human enemies. But there are these parts, where you just shoot all the monsters. The KI is not really good, the weapons are nothing special and the game is a bit short. You have to play Metro 2033 to understand everything. Metro: Last Light is for me one of the best games 2013. Expand
  9. May 14, 2013
    A really outstanding peace of work.. It's just like old 2033 all over again, just different missions and routes/locations a bit.. I need to give this 10/10 apocalyptic types are my most best 100% Keep it up!
  10. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  11. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  12. May 29, 2013
    This is a great game with a somewhat mystical story line that held my interest throughout. Artyom, however, is nothing more than a killing machine with very little meaningful dialog. As far a the game goes, this one plays well in spite of occasional freezes. The battles are challenging and the weapons are robust. I recommend this game highly. It's worth the $50.
  13. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop.
    Hopefully maybe have another
    sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  16. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  17. Jul 12, 2013
    Even better than the first game. It also has better OST and voice acting this time. Absolutely amazing. Buy this game. I personally liked the bad ending more.
  18. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  20. May 25, 2013
    Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements, and to its outstanding visual and audio presentation that is also well-optimized for PC, Last Light is everything Metro 2033 should have been and better. With a lengthy plot that's exciting and well-presented from start to finish coupled with its superb gameplay mechanics, Metro: Last Light is 2013's first official contender for FPS of the year. If you had your quarrels with Metro 2033 like me, you'll fall in love with this sequel. An outstanding adventure shooter with class. Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!. the game is great in story, atmosphere and gameplay!!! this game IMPROVED A LOT from metro 2033( not that metro 2033 was bad)!!!!!
    the best part about the game, like metro 2033, is the atmosphere. this is just one of the best in this regard, on the level with games like bioshock and dishonored. the games atmosphere is made much better by a lot of NPC
    conversations. the npcs conversations are really interesting and compelling. the notes in the game are also amazing. i dont read notes in a lot of games, but here they are just really interesting and give a lot to the world. the stations are also great because they give you a lot about the world. the game also has great graphics. another really strong aspect of the game is the enviroments!!!!!
    the enviroments in the game look amazing!!!! they look really good and let a lot to the game!!! the enviroments, both under the ground and above ground look spectacular!!!!!
    the games story is amazing as well. the story is really deep and meaningful, talking about stuff like humanity not stopping fighting, even when theyre barelly living. it also talks about how we treat the different. the game is really grim and sad which is awesome) if you didnt understand it yet, THE STORY IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another thing that enhances the game is moral choice. the game has deep and meaningful moral choice, that after choosing something, i still thought that i might be mistaking. the game has 2 endings. while there is a good ending and a bad ending, they both are amazing and fullfilling!! the game has great twists! the game also has really interesting conversations with a really special character, which i wont spoil, but believe me its just awesome!!! the game also has good scares. some time it can really scare you( note that if you dont like horror games you will probably still like this( i dont like horror games but i like this))
    the gameplay is also solid. the gunplay is great, and gun fights are great. the stealth system is good, but not perfect. its a huge improvment over metro 2033s stealth, but here its too forgiving. im not saying i want it super hardcore, but you can stand here right infront of someone, but because your in the "shadows" he doesnt see you. i dont have a problem with stealth by shadows, but here it is too forgiving again, the system is good and im not expecting a super realistic stealth, but this is too forgiving)
    the game does have few downsides that stop me from giving it a 10/10. the graphics options arent really expansive. the game optimized itself to my rig really good, but it just doesnt have enough settings to tweek manually. the game also isnt bugless. i had to reload a checkpoint few times because something didnt work. theres another problem in the game with the smoke. im not sure if its intended or not, but the smoke moves really weird and unnaturaly. all the effects in the game are good, and the smoke is also good when it works. when it weird, its a bit distracting. there is also a final boss battle that was really hard to understand what to do.
    overall my complaints are really little. the most annoying ones are the smoke and bugginess.

THIS IS A GREAT AWESOME MUST BUY GAME!!!!!! ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!! THE STORY AND ATMOSPHERE ARE AWESOME, RICH AND SPECTACULAR!!! THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE ORIGINAL!!!! JUST BUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is amazing! The graphics are fantastic and the atmosphere is spot on. The gameplay is incredible and the game has some rather creative enemies that keep the game interesting so don't worry about it getting dull. There are some great sneaking bits in the game but there where a few moments where I was in plain sight but the enemy somehow couldn't see me. This game is a masterpiece and if you enjoyed Metro 2033 you are gonna love this. Expand
  23. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  24. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    Improved gunplay, epic scenery, great graphics and the need of weaing gas mask on surface make it a great atmospheric game. Story is great, you travel in underground as well as on surface to change the fate of humanity. There is not such an epic level as library in Metro 2033 but when the game starts building scaryness in some parts you will want to pass theese places as fast as you can just to get away from it. A very well made sequel. Expand
  26. May 15, 2013
    never beat 2033. while better, not needed to understand last light. i hate fps, and all i have to say about this game, is worthy of the score i am giving it. A complete blast, intense. there are no shallow moments, it has better stealth than spilnter cell ffs.

inceridble atmosphere, gunplay, difficulty, all well paced and very well acted. Optimization is not the best, but if you
    can run it, you are going to absolutely love it, guaranteed. Expand
  27. May 18, 2013
    The gameplay of this one is amazing. It has good atmosphere and it feels like it was real. The story is pretty neat. There are only 2 things I don't like about this game: The english speech files were really unrealistic. So I play with the russian ones with english text. And also there are many lags. I have a really good pc but it still is lagging some times.
    It still is one of the best
    survival-fps-games I've ever played. Expand
  28. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  29. Jul 5, 2013
    The game has interesting storyline and a good variety of enemies. when your playing the game you truly feel like your in a world destroyed by nuclear war. there is a good mix of gameplay with stealth and simple shoot everything gameplay. overall its a very fun game but doesn't deserve the full perfect score as some have given it.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    I gave the game 9 and that's only because i never give 10, but this game just get it and you are on for a ride that you'll never forget, ever, true art on all levels
  31. May 21, 2013
    I love it! Yes, it is very close to being on the rails, but does it at all pretend it isn't? Did it claim to be an open world shooter? No.

It's like ordering pizza and complaining because it doesn't taste enough like steak pie.

The story is gripping, the combat is satisfying, the stealth is one of the better done stealth systems.
  32. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  33. Jun 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a post-apocalyptic adventure first person shooter that takes place in Moscow, Russia in the year 2034 after a nuclear strike against "The Dark Ones"; mutant beings who people believed to have come to destroy all of humanity. 4A Games has created a beautifully dark world plagued with soviets, nazis, and mutant creatures that I would revisit just for my own satisfaction, but I cannot say this for everyone as it only offers two ending for replay value and no multiplayer. After hearing the conditions that 4A Games were forced to work under I find it incredible that this game was released with such high quality graphics and gunplay. Fantastic!

34. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  35. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  36. May 14, 2013
    Game is amazing, the atmosphere, the graphics, the improved gunplay and the immersion are all top notch.

Go buy this game ASAP and turn off the lights and crank the volume up! improved over the first game in every way!
  37. May 23, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is a really great sequel to a really great game. The graphics look amazing, the gunplay has improved a lot from Metro 2033, the story is great and it runs great on my 6670.
  38. Sep 23, 2013
    A phenomenal game the vastly improves on many of the flaws from the last game. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen and the atmosphere is the best post-apocalyptic atmosphere ever. The story is also amazing. An excellent game.
  39. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  40. Mar 20, 2014
    Out of nowhere, Metro Last Light became one of my favorite games. I thought Metro 2033 was ok, but had too many bugs and other problems. In Metro LL, all that is fixed and improved and the game is simply incredible.

The graphics are outstanding. This game makes screenshots look like drawings. Very sharp, detailled textures, great lighting and shadows. Rain drops run down your gas mask
    (until you wipe the mask) and sunshine reflects in the rain drops. There's a really great atmosphere in the dark places, because of the realistic lighting. Even your watch is a light source that reflects off walls... and it displays your local time! Talk about love for details, the developers showed a lot of that. The character animations look better than in any other game I've played. I often just stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings.
    Surprisingly, the performance is also really good and the gameplay is very fluid without any loading times for textures or something like that, even on my average PC. The graphics engine is very, very well optimized.
    The highest graphics settings (especially SSAA) make little visual difference and require a lot of performance, so you can run the game on normal or high without missing anything.

The sounds and music support the graphics perfectly. When you're standing in a warehouse and it's raining, you can hear the rain falling on the corrugated iron and it feels like out of a movie. The music is sometimes slow and sometimes fast and always great, especially the guitar tunes.

Metro LL is oozing atmosphere. I was totally immersed in the game the whole time I played. I don't think there are two places that look the same. The environment keeps changing as you go through the story and it always looks great and fits the dark theme perfectly. Some of the locations will certainly give you the creeps. The levels are usually very linear, but often with different routes. Last Light is relatively short (about 15 hours), but that's much better than a longer game with repeating levels and content. These 15 hours will probably be among the best you've spent in a game and I already know that I'll play it many more times.
    During the game, you will also meet one of the most awesome and strange characters, but I don't want to spoil anything.

The game also runs natively on Linux and it's probably the best Linux game available so far.

It should be clear by now that Metro: Last Light is a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. If you haven't played it, switch off the lights and go play it now.
  41. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  42. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  43. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  44. May 15, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are all top notch, especially areas where you get to leave the metro and go to the surface. MetroLL has to be one of the most beautiful pc games I have ever played. I do own the xbox version as well and I have to give credit to 4A games for making a game look this good on pc/consoles. The guns all have a real world feeling to them and the hit detection is much better than in the previous game. The stealth gameplay is much better this time around and allows you to play the game the way you want to. You can go in guns blazing or conserve ammo for the surface and kill quietly in the shadows. MetroLL is a great game that shouldn't be missed if you like a good singleplayer immersive experience. 4A games did a great job on this game and proved that there are a lot of talented developers in Europe. Expand
  45. JEK
    May 30, 2013
    I really love this game. Post apocalyptic FPS game. The graphics and gameplay are great just like Metro 2033. I'm just wondering why they changed the voice actor from 2033. Overall this is really a good game and I recommend it.
  46. May 18, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a great game marred by clunky gunfights and some bad design decision. I'm happy to report that Last Light improves the overall game play by leaps and bounds. The gun fights are a joy and the level design is far more coherent and varied.
    Night vision is now useful and you can customise your guns with some good add-ons. It is now worth spending your currency in things other
    than bullets.
    The actual game play is great. You will go through enemy infested tunnels, swamps and ruins. You're encouraged to go stealthy and take out enemies one by one because once you go Rambo, you'll learn very quickly that your enemies are quite competent at kicking your butt.
    One thing that may be seen as a negative is that your trips to the surface are no longer mad, desperate dashes for survival like in 2033. But considering that Artyom is now a fully fledge ranger, it makes sense.

Don't let the fact that this is a sequel put you off. You do not need to play Metro 2033 put you enjoy Last Light. This is an outstanding game which when you consider the difficult conditions the Ukrainian devs had to work under, makes it even more impressive.
  47. May 18, 2013
    Metro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with an amazing ending to make you just go "wow". You will care for characters, and others. Helping others has it's own reward. Just remember that Karma is a The setting of last light is also fresh and new. Like, what other game lets you play in a post apocalyptic Moscow metro? None. This game delivers that and does it extremely well. Though Last Light has it's problems such as its really linear story, AI Stealth detection is a bit forgiving and off but not enough to ruin it for you. There are also technical difficulties that the developers can fix. And my biggest problem with the game is that its main characters voice does not use it in game but only in loading screens. I think if they put his voice in game, then dialogue would sound allot less awkward and better. Narrative would become amazing. Over all this game is a must own for any one looking into a well driven story, especially if your a metro fan. Expand
  48. May 16, 2013
    This game deserves >9. It pushes modern hardware (somewhat), it has an excellent story, it is novel, thought provocative, and intelligent. And it ends with an uplifting message.
    Don't shy away from from the unknown. Have the courage to try something--something that you may not understand. Play this game.
  49. Feb 6, 2014
    The intense and unique atmosphere brought by the dark metro seen like never before along with a great written storyline and apocalyptic landscapes of the ruin of Moscow makes of this game a truly masterpiece.Graphically this game looks amazing.Also sounds can be very creepy at some points.Metro Last Light and 2033 are not just two simple FPS games, they are pieces of art.
  50. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and
    excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  51. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because of the increased action. The real fun is addressing every single situation differently, whether you want to sneak by, silently kill everyone or just go in guns blazing. Different factors will affect the way you play: you might get help from a supernatural source, be fighting monsters from above or have a cracked gas mask that requires the utmost care not to break. Juggling limited ammo and gas filters as well as pumping up your air powered rifles and flashlight electricity make this incredibly challenging. Which, one man army COD players, is actually a very good thing. You actually have to think to fight (good FPS skills still required.) Graphics look absolutely top notch, even though unless you have a great computer your graphics must be reduced. Loads of DLC will be coming, as will many more hours of gameplay. All in all, these countless coming hours will be every bit more special that the countless hours of typical multiplayer FPS that is typically popular. Expand
  52. May 17, 2013
    After spending just a couple of hours with it, the pros outweigh the cons by FAR. Last Light proves that Metro 2033 was not a fluke, the guys at 4A clearly listened to the community. Stealth sequences are really good and so on... What is truly difficult to pull off is intense gunplay and 4A have vastly improved on the shooting mechanics of the original. F.E.A.R. is a good comparison. Tense, claustrophobic and urgent shootouts.

I am aware of the various tech issues unfortunately surrounding the game and I read a lot of pre-release articles and visited the Steam LL forum many times, doubting whether my PC would run it. I played 2033 on my current rig utilizing a very modest and outdated ATI HD4770. Last Light looks and runs noticeably better. Admittedly I have to keep the gfx settings at Normal but it is hard to believe how well the game runs. Steady FPS and the atmosphere is still intact. Clever configuration and subtle overclocking goes a very very long way. Point being ATI users need not fear, especially those with dignified GPUs.

LL is to 2033 as ME2 is to ME1. I was at first a bit wary of the Hollywood bombast running throughout ME2 with combat replacing most of the RPG elements but it made sense in the context of the game. Last Light is bigger and bolder. It is incredibly linear, but there are plenty of games that give you free reign and let you run amok. The narrative is good enough. The gameplay is thrilling and the atmosphere is unbeatable.
  53. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  54. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  56. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is not an open world hardcore shooter. It's a linear storytelling game. If you can leave with that try it. It's just great.
    Metro is the same genre as Bioshock Infinite (Exploring unique linear world mixed with a fine story and weak shooter), and for me Metro is better in this.
  58. May 16, 2013
    Metro: Last Light's take on a post apocalyptic world strips away a lot of the tongue-and-cheek (Fallout/Rage) and Saturday morning cartoon (Borderlands/Bulletstorm) and instead creates a bleak yet beautiful world that wouldn't be at all fun to live in. It's darker and grittier setting straddles the line between horror, science fiction, and mms and does so very well.
    The story, much
    like Metro 2033's, is a linear narrative driven one, which you once again take up the role of Artyom, a skilled ranger who is more often than not used as a pawn. This story begins after the events of Metro 2033 and ties into the choices made in that games conclusion. What really sells this story is the masterfully crafted world in which it takes place. It draws you in and makes the experience very immersive.
    Pros Graphic Fidelity. World Design. Animations. Story. Sound. Gameplay.
    Cons: Average English Voice Acting. Average A.I.
  59. May 29, 2013
    Metro Last Light is better than its predecessor. While the gameplay is similar to call of duty and battlefield; the graphic, story, game mechanism and world are better than CoD or BF. This game is a well blend of horror and action and a must play for every gamer. This game is definitely worth playing.
  60. Jun 3, 2013
    Metro last light is a very immersive shooter that is filled with lots of creativity and a good story to come with it. Gameplay wise Metro last light plays very smoothly and I have not experienced a single bug or glitch after playing through the main story. And with some of the best graphics of this generation I will have to recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a different and unique shooter. Expand
  61. Aug 22, 2013
    Great game, one of the few times I think I actually like a sequel better than the original. Even some of the DLC has some good play time to it, and they kept Ranger mode in.
  62. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  63. Jul 18, 2013
    Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play. The real world can wait while you save the Metro once again. Expand
  64. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  65. May 14, 2013
    What makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game did not disappoint me one bit, well worth the preorder. Idk why some "professional" reviewers gave it like a 70. AI is fine, sure could use some work, but still fine and seems to act fairly intelligent. 10/10 Buy it, play it, embrace the metro! Expand
  66. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  67. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your head off and to me.. that's pretty cool. I enjoy the characters that you meet and the plot is pretty nifty with the different factions. My only complaint so far is the stealth combat in regards to the AI. If you stick to the shadows and pop head shots with a silencer.. you can pretty much take out an army without any problems. Over all I highly recommend the game. Expand
  68. Oct 29, 2013
    The game has proper story. The ending is quite powerful, but leaves some question.

I really like the concept of the game, especially about how damage can damage your mask, and how you can't stand for long in open terrain and have to search for filters and better gas masks. This game would be so much better if it is open terrain, and have random weather effects, as opposed to scripted
    weather effects.

The weapons of this game are great, though some of it are useless. 90% of the fight are done indoors in close range, you will never use those long rifles, in my opinion. The mods used to the weapons are also good.

The enemies are only divided to two types mutants and humans. The humans are lousy shooters, the mutants put up a much better fight, not to their skill but due to their much better durability and the lack of your ammunition. I can tell that the challenge of this game is not to kill your enemy, but how to kill your enemy with as low ammunition as possible, hence one of the game's advices is "Try stealth approach"

Stealth approach is also rewarding. Violent approach is NOT easier, because ammunition is really hard to get. This game gives two options, but heavily favors the stealth approach. I don't like that. But in the end, a great, near-perfect game.
  69. Dec 8, 2013
    Really cool setting and interesting characters. The gameplay is really fun and shooting is an absolute pleasure, great graphics and soundwork all around. One of my top 5 games of the year
  70. May 17, 2013
    HL2 Potential Ego Shooter with incredible good Graphics and very deeb Atmosphere. Its linear most times, here and there a little extra to explore. The Locations are all very detailed and you can see and hear the love the Dev´s put into it. The Game is very polished, I didnt encounter any bugs or crashes.
    4A Games showed impressive how awesome a Shooter can be.
  71. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off
    a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  72. May 18, 2013
    This game did one thing phenomenally well and that was to tell a dark, intelligent, and truly compelling and rich story. The guns were good and felt right the character you play moves throughout the world nicely and it feels truly unique that you are in fact a part of your environment as it does affect you.
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is
    that sometimes the A.I. can be totally moronic and this often would make it easier than perhaps it should have been even in ranger mode on hard. Expand
  73. May 16, 2013
    Despite some technical bugs I cannot find a single problem with Metro Last Light. One of the best games this generation, and probably one of the greatest of all time, right up there with Bioshock and Metroid Prime.
  74. Jul 27, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an FPS shooter with linear gameplay and Metal Gear-esque combat, set in a post-apocalyptic world with the human race divided; it comes with a strong story, slick combat, great graphics, and AMAZING ambience make for a breathtakingly immersive atmosphere that pulls you in and doesn't let go. It's not an open-roam game like Borderlands or Fallout 3, but from the beginning it's clear that's not what it sets out to do. Have you ever went on the Disneyland Pirates of the Carribean or Indiana Jones ride where you experience various visual and audio stimulus and it makes you feel as if you are passing through a movie? That's the best way I can describe Metro, though you feel like you’re actually in a movie navigating the gorgeously grim cinematography, fighting monsters and humans alike, strolling through vibrant pockets of civilization this paired with some really cool mechanics like having to crank charge your flashlight after extended use, swap out a cracked gas mask, or occasionally wipe blood off it these all culminate into a very memorable experience that is a welcome breath of fresh air from the achievement-laden, progression-fueled games of today; Metro on the other hand, focuses its attention on storytelling through its gritty realism and quick-pacing. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I couldn’t help but love this game, I blasted through it in a bit over a day! Expand
  75. May 21, 2013
    Graphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will absolutely love Last Light. Would have given it a 10, but the shady Ranger Mode DLC dropped it a point. Expand
  76. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.IT IS A MUST. For the year of 2013 it is by far the BEST GOOD-LOOKING,STORY TELLING, POST-APOCALYPTIC GAME. YOU MUUST GET IT. You will not regret your decision~
  77. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  78. Jun 7, 2013
    Don't look at Critic Reviews. This game is underrated.
  79. May 15, 2013
    rail-shooter, but due to the story (which is the best in this game) understandably so.
    what I find funny is this: many people give this game a low rating, BECAUSE there are NO open-world elements at_all, but... said people gave Bioshock Infinite high ratings and praised it although that game is as_much a shooter on rails, as is this one!

the game is mediocre at best and it is
    saddening because it could havbe been a great linear shooter, if it weren't for all those bugs, the bad AI and too many little things.

I really loved the first Metro 2033 this one just isn't as good... or I am not as forgiving as I have been before.
  80. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one of those rare cases of the sequel. Everything is a little bit better and it adds up to an instant classic.
    The 1st one had it's repetitive moments but the sequel is more immersive and I couldn't put it down, had to keep playing to complete. Liked the 1st one? You will love the 2nd.
  81. Oct 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite 2013 games.

PROS: Amazing graphics, varied environments, good story and spectacular atmosphere. It actually makes you feel that you live the life of a metro citizen.

CONS: Some AI issues and stealth problems

This is a must own game
  82. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  83. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
    Pros:
    - The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
    - The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
    - The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.

Cons:
    - Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
    - The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.

It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.
  84. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  85. May 14, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I see there are a lot of trolls around commenting in here who haven't even played the game and giving it a zero score, so I will give this a 10 to bring it back up. This is truly a great game. Expand
  86. May 18, 2013
    This game is superb in every way, and the only thing I can honestly say is that this is the sequel we've been waiting for, and it is every bit as good as we had hoped.
  87. May 16, 2013
    Just awesome.
    This game, and these developers really are the last hope for PC gaming. They are the only people producing games to the quality which we expect in 2013.

The story, setting, atmosphere, graphics, are all sublime. The gun play is very good, the stealth is very good. It is your DUTY if you appreciate PC games, to buy this and support the developers. We cannot let EA and
    Activision dominate the market when really their best efforts are LAZY by comparison to the makers of Metro.

Frankly this is the best game ive played in years, there is so much love which has gone into it. From texture quality to little jokes such as the russian-doll-box, to the sheer amount of detail in the environments and audio. It is a real meaty enthralling experience i am only too happy to engrose myself with.

I could have knocked a point or two off, for the shadow flickering bugs which i suffered as an ATI user, but the developers have been very quick to release a patch to fix it, and everything is working extremely slick now, no bugs, no crashes.

9.6/10

I have rounded up.
  88. Jun 15, 2013
    Intense atmosphere helped by amazing visuals and sharpened combat and stealth mechanics. Let down by slightly uninteresting story and an unsatisfying ending, yet doesn't take away from the great moments.
  89. May 22, 2013
    I did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together very well.

Fantastic eerie environments, great characters you can relate to, excellent ambiance, challenging combat with resource management if you play on harder modes. Storytelling was good and the entire "campaign" lasted about 20 hours for me but my only beef with it was the rather abrupt ending.

If anyone asks, I highly recommend this game; buy it, loan it, rent it, steal it etc
  90. May 20, 2013
    Story, atmosphere, graphics, details, characters, sound design everything is just purely amazing and very well done. The graphics and sounds really make you immerse in the game. One of the best single-player games i have ever played in my life. Metro Last light is a must buy!
  91. May 25, 2013
    I don't really care that much about the DLC Ranger Mode thingy. I got the ranger mode and it was really worth it. This game is much better than the first. The graphics are stunning and the story is awesome. I completely loved every second of this game. I hope they're making a sequel. :D
  92. May 28, 2013
    Extremely fun game with brilliant graphics, atmosphere as well as a fantastic storyline. I played for hours on end and the stealth and combat mechanics are far superior to the Metro 2033 predecessor. Completely worth playing!
  93. Jun 1, 2013
    The game is pricey being at $50+ dollars, but considering the length of the game, the story, the detail in the environment, the voice overs, and the soundtrack, it's one of the few games that are worth the price tag. Pros: Fun gameplay Compared to Metro 2033, controls are much more responsive and tight Original soundtrack Great voice overs/cinematics Minimum amount of technical hiccups

Cons: Price tag, but what do you expect with a AAA title such as this, worth the money.
  94. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  95. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  96. May 15, 2013
    Let's be honest, the ommision of Ranger Mode is stupid. It can be circumvented, and I plan on doing that. (Or, they will come to their senses) This game is fantastic, visually stunning, and frighting. I cannot stress enough what a great sequel this is. They deserve your money.
  97. May 17, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Metro 2033. But this one --Metro: Last Light is one of the most engaging and fine detailed FPS I have played so far. If you have a performance PC with GTX670 or better, don't hesitate to grab this masterpiece. I guarantee it will not let you down!
    And yes, this game does have some minor problems, but considering 4A's weak financial condition and working environment, I
    give it a 10/10 instead of a 9/10. Expand
  98. Dec 11, 2013
    Pretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back because your vision gets blurred and cracked, your character just isn't capable of running properly, and you get killed off in moments. The weapons aren't helping because they are excruciatingly slow to reload and on some monsters it's like shooting void, but I think that's intended. You just have to be careful in fights and aim good, or you're fried.
    Overrall I wouldn't call it a work of genius, but it exceeded my expectations, it's one of the few games I actually replayed after I finished it.
    p.s. And it has sex cutscenes!!!
  99. Jul 20, 2013
    No multiplayer, nothing so innovative and new, but just a great shooter and experience through and through. While I didn't play the first game, I got sucked into the story and was very anxious to see the game through. It is one of those games that you just don't want to end despite wanting so badly to see how it all ends. The graphics and sound are amazing, especially on a decent rig with surround sound. It will creep you out if you're playing by yourself at night but in all the right ways. The story is just done right and everything pulls you into a very deep and immersive experience. By the end I just wanted more but only because everything I was given was done so well. This is one of those rare examples of a game made the way games should be made. You may complain that there isn't multiplayer but I prefer no multiplayer to a weak attempt at tacking on multiplayer to pacify the mindless. If you enjoy shooters, good story, great atmosphere, and a great experience, you should have played this game by now. Expand
  100. Aug 14, 2013
    Absolutely Stunning, Story was awsome,hidden good endig achieved and the graphic and gameplay. I have no words to describe how awsome is this game but i'll remember it for very long time. Best game of 2013 (i was thinking about Bishock Infinite but this game is more atmospheric and mature)

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013