Metro: Last Light PC

8.6

1. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselvesThis game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  2. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9,The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  3. May 19, 2013
    Please be advised--this game came to a near-shuddering halt from a frame rate perspective on my PC, which has been able to run any shooter to date without any problem. I've heard many other very tech-savvy reviewers comment on the "unforgiveable" specs this game requires for relatively dated graphics a dark corridor..??). I feel like this game is practically unplayable on any non-highPlease be advised--this game came to a near-shuddering halt from a frame rate perspective on my PC, which has been able to run any shooter to date without any problem. I've heard many other very tech-savvy reviewers comment on the "unforgiveable" specs this game requires for relatively dated graphics a dark corridor..??). I feel like this game is practically unplayable on any non-high end PC and my review reflects that fact. Expand
  4. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    Good game but all darkness and cinematics are boring.. lighter is useless.. darkness is too bad..i cannot find a way because of darkness..............
  6. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  7. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante andThe high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  8. Aug 16, 2016
    Metro 2033 was really a new and fresh gem to the fps genre. An intense and fearsome game, with nice stealth tricks and outstanding atmosphere but where 2033 shines the last light fades...

Don't get me wrong, Last Light it is still good but the 2033 is far superior. The Last Light has doubtful stealth moments, too much action for a survival post-apocalyptic situation, the game is easier than the predecessor and less intriguing, less challenging...

The story is nice and the climax as well as its atmosphere remains true to its nature, but it doesn't even come close to the first metro greatness.
  9. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apoI was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  11. May 14, 2013
    As someone who played metro 2033, this game lives up to good expectations. The stealth system is definitely workable. As you sneak along you can unscrew light bulbs on the way. Makes for a fun, easier and very much playable game
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I hadThis game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  13. May 16, 2013
    The game has a good atmosphere, story, and setting, but I'm afraid the gameplay is pretty dull. The game is very linear, and combat is boring. You are told exactly what to do, and there are few things to be figured out by your own or discovered. Fighting humans requires some stealth, but fighting mutants is just spray and pray. However, even while fighting humans, the AI extremely stupid;The game has a good atmosphere, story, and setting, but I'm afraid the gameplay is pretty dull. The game is very linear, and combat is boring. You are told exactly what to do, and there are few things to be figured out by your own or discovered. Fighting humans requires some stealth, but fighting mutants is just spray and pray. However, even while fighting humans, the AI extremely stupid; they can't see you even if you are right in front of them, they don't know how to flank you in combat (in fact they barely even move at all in combat, once they spot you they more or less just keep firing until either one of you die). The game is pretty short and easy for a game that doesn't have the multiplayer and relies on its single player. I finished the game in around 7 hours, which is around the same amount of time as it takes to finish Call of Duty's single player. On normal difficulty you can run past most enemies, mutants and humans alike, and there is only the occasional boss you must fight (such as the mutant in the catacombs or the one in the swamp, both of which, by the way, are extremely boring to fight and basically bullet sponges). The morality system is also extremely flawed just like in the first game; there is no way to save your game so if by the middle of the game you realize you are not getting enough morality points you are going to have to restart the whole game just to get the good ending. It is also based too much on decisions you make during combat; for example, one of the biggest parts to getting the good ending is not killing anyone on several of the missions. Even if you spare some of the enemies, you will not get any morality bonus. Also, I see no reason why they would let you have the choice of knocking out enemies or killing them with the knife, because they basically have the same effect. The enemies you "knock out" are not going to wake up after a certain period of time. You can even take their gas mask filters away and leave them to die from suffocation after knocking them out and it will still count as sparing them.

The game is also extremely poorly optimized; it lags a lot just like the first game. Bear in mind that BF3 runs smoothly on Ultra settings on my computer, yet Metro lags like hell even on Normal.

Overall, fun but extremely flawed and not something I would play a second time despite it being extremely short (around 7 hours) in length.
  14. ave
    Sep 16, 2015
    What is interesting in the Metro serie, is the consistency of gameplay and context. In this opus, you basically have a shooter wrapped in a strong personal and collective story, that begins after the end of Metro 2033. So you kinda deal with the consequences of your past actions.

I really appreciated the quality of character development (the main characters keep coming back and have more depth regarding their choices and motivation). The game truly shines in depicting the necessity of social organization in an urban post-apocalyptic world as you visit the diverse mini-societies and experience their model based on their beliefs or trade, as people are tight together for a permanent struggle for resources. It might seem cosmetic, but we're here close to FallOut serie.

I also enjoyed the recreation of a devastated city (outdoor and underground) that is the trademark of the serie. One minor complain could be that the player is most of the time "on rails" (no pun intended considering the title) and exploration is somewhat limited to small branches, that leads to better weapons or more resources like ammunition or filters (ah ! filters ! talking about adding pressure !). I'd love to have more agency in that regard, but maybe that would have been detrimental to the story.
  15. May 16, 2013
    Metro: Last Light's take on a post apocalyptic world strips away a lot of the tongue-and-cheek (Fallout/Rage) and Saturday morning cartoon (Borderlands/Bulletstorm) and instead creates a bleak yet beautiful world that wouldn't be at all fun to live in. It's darker and grittier setting straddles the line between horror, science fiction, and mms and does so very well.
    The story, much
    The story, much like Metro 2033's, is a linear narrative driven one, which you once again take up the role of Artyom, a skilled ranger who is more often than not used as a pawn. This story begins after the events of Metro 2033 and ties into the choices made in that games conclusion. What really sells this story is the masterfully crafted world in which it takes place. It draws you in and makes the experience very immersive.
    Pros Graphic Fidelity. World Design. Animations. Story. Sound. Gameplay.
    Cons: Average English Voice Acting. Average A.I.
  16. Jul 22, 2013
    With the world created by the original author its hard to lose, add the sort of detail and quality of graphics this game has and you get truly immersive. The devs not making a game for children and including a healthy dose of adult oriented gaming really adds to the feeling and atmosphere in Metro.

Nice to have a game that isnt corny and juvenile. At times it is very very creepy and the atmosphere and intensity is maintained.

There were 2 things I didnt like at all about this game. This is an amazing world and a great environment. I want to see more of it and while the tunnels are a limiting factor the amount of real estate in the game is very small indeed. Free roam Metro for Metro 3 should be on the requirements list in the same way several other major titles are doing the same thing.

The most important requirement for me though is the field of view. OMG, I hate this low field of view games. Makes me feel very nauseous very quickly. However, despite this I really enjoyed the story if the FOV didnt detract from how good the actual game is quite a lot. Felt a lot like an endurance test concerning the FOV but the detail, characters and story somehow manage to carry it. Was worth buying.

Open world metro with the same depth, darkness, creepiness and willingness to make a game for adults? Now that I would pay a great deal to see.
  17. Jul 18, 2013
    Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play.Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play. The real world can wait while you save the Metro once again. Expand
  18. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
    Pros:
    - The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
    - The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
    - The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.

Cons:
    - Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
    - The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.

It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.
  19. Jun 2, 2013
    I did not like this game. This is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything. CONTROLS: Overall, the responsiveness of the controls was great. ENVIRONMENT: I like the concept of the post apocalypse world. If you like open worlds avoid this game. I for one don't really care too much about the world being open but this world was so closed in that I felt like I was on a conveyorI did not like this game. This is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything. CONTROLS: Overall, the responsiveness of the controls was great. ENVIRONMENT: I like the concept of the post apocalypse world. If you like open worlds avoid this game. I for one don't really care too much about the world being open but this world was so closed in that I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. VOICE ACTING: Absolutely atrocious. The voice acting in this game is so bad it literally ruined any little bit that I actually liked the game. Terrible, terrible, terrible. GRAPHICS: Great. OVERALL: Been there, done that. This game is nothing new and in fact is does a much worse job than most in a crowded genre. Expand
  20. May 17, 2013
    This game did a great job keeping the atmosphere that the previous game created. The story is great with no annoying plot-holes, unless you didn't play the first game. The pacing of this game was smooth and enjoyable. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs but there are many complaints about them. I did, however, seen some blacks holes and some animations needing fixing. The accentsThis game did a great job keeping the atmosphere that the previous game created. The story is great with no annoying plot-holes, unless you didn't play the first game. The pacing of this game was smooth and enjoyable. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs but there are many complaints about them. I did, however, seen some blacks holes and some animations needing fixing. The accents in the game aren't as heavy compared to the first one. This bothered me and broke some immersion. The control scheme was changed a lot to make it easier for game-pad use. This is a linear corridor shooter not a open world game. The AI are a little dumber so stealth isn't harder to use. The thing is, the AI are a little too dumb. You can be two feet in front of a enemy, if in the shadows, and you won't be seen. I've stealth killed a enemy npc from a top of a train who fell down in front of some more enemy npc's. Not a single one of them looked to the position he fell from. There's no traps, hanging cans, or glass on the ground that can be accidentally triggered to give your position away. This was overall still a very nice game to play and own. Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    It's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for aIt's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for a good deal, say under $30 it's worth it.

Sadly there are a few technical issues, especially for nvidia users. The current WHQL drivers(320.49) cause hardlocks of the game requiring a reboot, otherwise you're left with a looping driver crash/restart problem.
  22. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've hadJust as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  23. May 23, 2013
    Best game i have ever seen! Thanks Dmitry Gluhovsky and Andrey Prohorov and all developers 4A Games! YOU are the best. Waiting new game from you Good Luck!
  24. Mar 17, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is a satisfying first person shooter; yet it is way too much on rails to be a stellar game. It sort of reminds me of Bioshock Infinite; a great story, so-so game play, and the cutscenes takes over too much in order to progress the story. Still, there is something satisfying in enter a room in the cover of darkness and dispatching the enemy off one by one; a la Batman.Metro: Last Light is a satisfying first person shooter; yet it is way too much on rails to be a stellar game. It sort of reminds me of Bioshock Infinite; a great story, so-so game play, and the cutscenes takes over too much in order to progress the story. Still, there is something satisfying in enter a room in the cover of darkness and dispatching the enemy off one by one; a la Batman. However, that is in the underground where it is safe to breath. The missions above ground forces you to scrounge for extra filters for your gas masks (or you'll die very quickly), and fending off several versions of mutated beasties that come at you continuously. This gameplay is more stressing than fun. Further, the amount of creatures that you deal with can be overwhelming. At one point, while waiting for a ferry, I set the difficulty level to easy because the horde of creatures coming at me had me dying about six times before I said enough was enough. A better menu system in switching your bombs and claymores would have been appreciated. The encounters with these creatures are less than satisfying than compared to the human enemies. Still, Metro gives a better number of different enemies to fight than Bioshock Infinite. Again, a good game that satisfy the shooter urge. Just expect a storyline on rails that takes over a bit too much. Expand
  25. May 17, 2013
    HL2 Potential Ego Shooter with incredible good Graphics and very deeb Atmosphere. Its linear most times, here and there a little extra to explore. The Locations are all very detailed and you can see and hear the love the Dev´s put into it. The Game is very polished, I didnt encounter any bugs or crashes.
    4A Games showed impressive how awesome a Shooter can be.
  26. Feb 21, 2014
    Beautiful, interesting game. If you`re wondering if the DLCs are worth of buying - just skip them.

GRAPHICS This game has its moments, some even make you believe you`re watching the real thing. The best effects are smoke and lights, the actual textures aren`t that good, It might be the prettiest game I ever played I think. MUSIC and STORY Where Metro : Last Light shines is the

GRAPHICS

MUSIC and STORY
    Where Metro : Last Light shines is the story. The player comes close to his protagonist and stays with his adventures. It`s not the best there is, there are some copy and paste moments but that didn`t dissatisfy me. It`s very creepy underground aswell as in the city blocks. The monsters look great and give you goosebumps. All of it creates this dense atmosphere if danger and death everywhere. You are just a human crawling through tunnels, running from monsters, trying to survive. All of the maps are good and some of them, especially on the outside make up for some very powerful moments.
    Unfortunately the ending of the story is very weak and unsatisfying but I could live with relatively bad 30 minutes of what otherwise was a great believable world and story. I never was bored for a moment.

GAMEPLAY
    It has some rough edges here and there. I beat the game in the Ranger Mode, so I didn`t know how much ammo I had, the interface was just too coarse. Other times I died not because of lack of skill or concentration but because I was meant to. There are some moments for example where you have to lookout or you fall in the green water - it was really iritating. There are some scripts that I don`t like but nothing that would kill the gameplay. Overall it is nice, much better than in Metro 2033 but sometimes I felt that the game was too rough on me. Nonetheless the savegame checkpoints are well positioned so the troublesome moments went away fast so I could enjoy the story.
    I have to say that the stealth gameplay is too fantastic - the AI is just too stupid for that. You stand in a shadow and AI acts like nothing ever happened. Other times in shootouts it just stands or crouches in one spot and waits until you kill it. Not too bad but not great either.
    Because of the gameplay I couldn`t give the game anything more than 8/10.

It has to be said that my singleplayer campaign I went through in nearly 11 hours which is above average nowadays.

The DLCs are uninteresting and make no good additions to the core game which however is very good on its own.

So to sum it all up, I think it is a great game that falls short in some areas so it`s not a GOTY material. Maybe next Metro.
  27. May 15, 2013
    never beat 2033. while better, not needed to understand last light. i hate fps, and all i have to say about this game, is worthy of the score i am giving it. A complete blast, intense. there are no shallow moments, it has better stealth than spilnter cell ffs.

inceridble atmosphere, gunplay, difficulty, all well paced and very well acted. Optimization is not the best, but if you can run it, you are going to absolutely love it, guaranteed.
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop. Hopefully maybe have another
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Hopefully maybe have another sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  29. May 21, 2013
    The option to have two endings was a bad idea it made both endings feel watered down and rushed. The final engagement was a bit boring, and the love interest felt a little shoehorned in. Some animations are stiff and jerky, and voice acting was very dodgy. It froze my computer three times.
    Apart from that, however, the game sucked me in like a black hole and I loved every last minute of it. A word of advice, however, if you want a good ending, do not kill any humans you don't have to, anywhere.
  30. Oct 28, 2013
    Pretty sure the positive reviews are fakes. Or else I'm completely lost. Just ignore the +s review. Story is terrible. Characters are terrible. Gameplay is terrible. Environment atmosphere is decent.

Game-play shooting at blob-things until they fall over. Unbelievably bad boss fights. Unbelievably bad last fight. Best part about this game is the cover art.
  31. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1.This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  32. May 23, 2013
  33. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  34. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  35. Sep 20, 2013
    A good game, but in retrospect I would not pay 50$ for this title. It's more like a cinematic movie with linear levels that offer any real choice to the user. You do get to go all over ruined Moscow, but there's never any real fear the game does a lot of hand holding and on later levels even highlights enemies for you through walls. I was low on ammo in just one level, everywhere else,A good game, but in retrospect I would not pay 50$ for this title. It's more like a cinematic movie with linear levels that offer any real choice to the user. You do get to go all over ruined Moscow, but there's never any real fear the game does a lot of hand holding and on later levels even highlights enemies for you through walls. I was low on ammo in just one level, everywhere else, there's ammo stashed around every corner and in very obvious places. Gas mask filters all over the place. At the end of the game I racked over 40 minutes of gas mask free time.

For a very dark game, the stealth part is fairly lacking you get one shot kills with throwing knives, and can put a silencer on just about anything, even shotguns. Enemies don't camp, don't use night vision, even if it is in the models. So stealth one hit kills are not a problem. When the battle does break out, it's really short, because 90% of the enemies have headlamps. Shoot the headlamp, I think I racked more headshots in this game than in any other game ever. Just aim for the lamp. All together, I enjoyed the dark gritty atmosphere until the supernatural stuff started to pop all over the place. This felt just wrong.
  36. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off

Last Light starts off a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  37. May 28, 2013
    A totally frustrating experience.
    A totally frustrating experience.
    The realisation of a post apocalyptic world is fantastic, especially when you are out of the "tunnels" is jaw droppingly amazing. BUT there are several severe draw backs. First off the game breaking glitches. Rooms of "frozen" enemies, and "locked view" in combat. It is no good restarting from last checkpoint, the only way round is to restart the whole chapter.
    The story-line goes from pretty interesting to absolute baggy pants in the last third.
    Apart from a few superb "horror" sections, the level design allows for no exploration or interaction and is far to linear Such a shame when the vistas are invitingly stunning.
    The AI are so dumb they deserve to be slaughtered rather than just knocking them out.
    And having to BUY dlc to open up a difficulty mode (Ranger) is utterly shameful.
    This is a story based shooter where the shooting is moderately ok and the storyline goes from Meh to Bleh.
    My advice? Wait till price drops by at least half
  38. May 30, 2013
    Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

Not everything about Last Light is a step forward.

With Artyom now being hardened ranger rather than some nobody from station at the edge of metro, the tunnels don't really feel as mysterious or dangerous as they used to. The atmosphere is still there when visiting the stations, but the impact it used to make in 2033 is somewhat gone. Since nothing else like 2033 came out since then, that isn't really much of a problem.

What certainly is a problem and what I consider the greatest flaw of the game, is how easy the stealth approach is. In 2033 you cold try and go stealth from time to time, but since everyone knew exactly where you are the moment someone hardly glimpsed you, it worked rather as a way to take down a bunch of guys before the shooting started stealth wasn't really a safe option. In Last Light however the stealth is made super-easy to the level where I had about 3 open firefights with human enemies in a whole game. Enemies are near-blind in "darkness", take considerable amount of time to acknowledge your presence in light and are positioned in such way that you can take out almost all of of them without anyone noticing. It just isn't really much fun things should go bad more easier, it should be more challenging to make a silent kill, ways to distract the enemy should be available and necessity for silent removal. Firefights in 2033 were simply more enjoyable than stealth in Last Light. And you can't really go guns blazing when playing on Ranger Hardcore difficulty.

Now, the fact that Ranger Hardcore difficulty is a paid DLC/pre-order bonus didn't bother me much, since 1) I did pre-order, 2) I am a clerk at the games retail store and all copies we have do have the DLC included, which is the case with most of the early "limited" copies of games. What baffles me though is that this technically paid-for DLC is broken. One of its features is the game being HUDless and certain actions don't have reliable feedback outside the HUD, most obviously secondary weapon selection process has to be done with almost no indication that anything is happening. Being able to visually check how much ammo/currency I have or what upgrades does my current gun sport would be helpful too.

Last Light obviously looks great and runs pretty good even on less powerful cards. I have to say though that 2033 graphics felt a bit more... hm.. sharp. Crisp. Last Light sort if loses some detail. I have similiar problem with Crysis games from technical standpoint, the first one seems to look the best to me. Last Light is nontheless one of the best looking games out there and some of the sceneries are just breathtaking and storms on the surface are pure awesome.

Hm.. what else is there to say... combat with mutants got a lot better, although their dead bodies still act like inflated with helium for some reason and slowly float to the ground so it's hard to tell if they are already dead and I don't really get how you can screw this up in a first place. There's a bunch of bossfights, two maps before the first one (I think) there are almost no resources scattered around the place so I ended up going against it with 30 seconds on gasmask and 30 bullets in the gun. Got to reaload older checkpoint and sprint through to save up on ammo and filters.

I know I am rather critical there, I usually am pinpointing mistakes is just that easier, but bear in mind that in this decade there aren't many FPS games on comparable quality level since Metro 2033 (which I do consider a shlightly better game than Last Light if you didn't figure it out by now) only Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 3 come to mind, as far as I am concerned.
  39. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  40. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their ownGreat game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  41. Sep 29, 2013
    It's a lot like the first Metro, both in redeeming qualities and in flaws.

It's a lot like the first Metro, both in redeeming qualities and in flaws.

Its story-telling ability is strong. At least one major surprise motivates Artyom's views on the competing factions in the game, and grabs the player's sympathy. The trouble is the various factions Artyom deals with are not really believable. As characters, they're too cartoony and not well-motivated. This wasn't as much a problem in the first game, but in this one it's more central to the plot, which is a problem. I would have preferred for the lore to paint a more morally grey picture.

The graphics are much better, and the bleak setting is oddly beautiful. A lot of effort went into the map design. I wish they hadn't added background music to the combat, as that takes away from the atmosphere. It would have been better to leave the odd radio running in the distant room like the first Metro did.

The combat is a bit more fluid than the first one, but also much easier. I beat the game once so far, and I switched the difficulty to hardcore early in my playthrough because normal was too easy. Even on hardcore Artyom can withstand a grenade blast and more than twice as many hits as enemy humans. Your worst enemy in the game is, as usual, lack of gas masks. IMO, they're a little bit too scarce, and you can't stop to enjoy the scenery when you're running towards the next filter.

Overall I don't regret my purchase, and I hope Deep Silver makes more of these games. However, I wish the game had a bit more RPG elements. A few side-quests would really add a lot.
  42. Oct 11, 2013
    I love the setting of Metro games. But I can only say Last Light is a notch above average. Visually it's looks good, the sound quality is well done, and the story is fantastic. But it really breaks down in gameplay. This is more of a game where the devs want you to see how good looking they made this game instead of "Hey, we want you to have a ton of fun!". Going through out this gameI love the setting of Metro games. But I can only say Last Light is a notch above average. Visually it's looks good, the sound quality is well done, and the story is fantastic. But it really breaks down in gameplay. This is more of a game where the devs want you to see how good looking they made this game instead of "Hey, we want you to have a ton of fun!". Going through out this game is both extremely linear and extremely slow paced. While I get that an underground subway system is supposed to be linear, even on the surface the path is incredibly narrow. Much of the story is told, as in the first, from a companion that travels with you through the majority of the game. You follow them through the tunnels of surface areas as they guide you along delivering whatever part of the story they're meant to convey in a precise and deliberate manner. These slow paces are broken up but closed area combat sequences that play out more like a multiplayer match then a single player shooter. You take your slow pace through the tunnels to an area full of enemies, you pretty much have to kill em all to progress (some you can sneak around, but task requires a lot of patience..to much for a game touted as a shooter, tho it it is a necessity at higher difficulty levels), and then it's back to more tunnels. Some of the combat instances are pure arena style, you in a small space forced to fights hordes of enemies and often one big boss. Sadly this slow tunnel travel then fast paced arena gun battle just doesn't work for me. It's deliberate and there';s nothing that offers a balance between the two the entire game. Expand
  43. May 28, 2013
    Metro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both areMetro Last Light probably has better atmosphere than STALKER, and that means something. Unlike the Stalker series, LL is fairly linear and happens mostly in cramped train tunnels. But LL never feels constrained, and a good chunk of the game has you alone with only the echos of the tunnel mutants to keep you company. You are free to use stealth or combat for most encounters, and both are satisfying. Venturing on the surface provides both a visual and atmospheric payoff. Last Light uses its graphical prowess better than any game in recent history.

My favorite sequence was when you get to drive the rail car through the tunnels. You are free to stop at each access tunnel and explore the dangers within. The first person animations are impressive for a game with a budget a fraction of the big AAA releases. The underground cities are simply marvelous and full of life, they actually feel like a real place and that is rare too. Even the story kept me intrigued till near the end with memorable characters and sequences. The last hour or so is the only blemish. I was hoping that LL would draw from the moral choices or continue the brilliant gameplay. Instead, you fight against waves of soldiers and shoot glowing weak points on train cars. Last light is one of the best shooters, and best games, of 2013 so far. The first 90% of the game is excellent and 9/10 is the score it deserves.
  44. May 25, 2013
    Being a huge fan of Metro 2033, I was extremely excited to find out about this sequel. I had been anticipating this game for two whole years. Now that it's come out and I've played it, I can say that I absolutely love this game. About as much as the first one. There are things about it I DON'T like, but it was the same case with the first game (and plenty of other games I've played andBeing a huge fan of Metro 2033, I was extremely excited to find out about this sequel. I had been anticipating this game for two whole years. Now that it's come out and I've played it, I can say that I absolutely love this game. About as much as the first one. There are things about it I DON'T like, but it was the same case with the first game (and plenty of other games I've played and own). I don't expect any game to be flawless. I don't even consider my most beloved games (Metroid Prime 1, Half Life 2) to be perfect. Last Light has flaws and shortcomings speckled about an otherwise amazing experience. It's like biting in to a delicious-looking cookie only to find out that it had nuts in it, and you don't like nuts. The cookie still tastes really good, but the nuts in it give it that weird "nut" consistency that you hate. But in the end you still eat it because it's not enough to ruin it entirely. Anyway, visually speaking, the game looks fantastic. It's not a vast improvement over 2033, but 2033 already looked damn good. Everything just looks more polished overall. I don't understand some of the negative reviews that complain about unpolished visuals. Nothing about the visuals looks even remotely unpolished. As far as gameplay goes, this is where things get a little inconsistent. The thing is, 2033 was practically the same. Stealth is, for me, a huge factor. I loved the stealth in 2033, but it was really freaking difficult to tell if an enemy would detect you or not. You had the light indicator on your wrist watch, but it wasn't reliable. In Last Light, you have the same light indicator, but it's actually reliable. If the light on your watch isn't shining, you're invisible. They also added knife executions, which is damn cool, but that and throwing knives are literally the only two methods of disposal while in stealth. If you try and shoot a bad guy in the head with a silenced weapon, you have a pretty good chance of alerting another bad guy, followed by the entire room full of bad guys. At that point you might as well just open fire and kill everyone. One thing they did right that a lot of developers don't do is make the AI's behaviors rather fair. Aside from the finicky detection-alert behavior, NPCs don't "cheat" to create a fake and unfair challenge. Something I can appreciate. And as far as gunplay goes, the guns are simply awesome, just like in 2033. AI during heavy combat isn't the smartest, but it isn't god awful. I could think of games with worse AI. Was still expecting a little better from 4A. The game's strongest points in my opinion are the phenomenal atmosphere and the unique story. 2033 had some strange, trippy elements to it, but Last Light really expands on that and sets the world in motion. The dead city has a very unique look to it now. In general, the art direction has really improved and is more stylized. All it needs is a bit of polish on gameplay and it'll be near perfect. The narrative isn't super strong, and voice acting can be downright awful at times (adults trying to voice act for toddler characters just DOES NOT WORK). I really didn't appreciate how companions constantly tell you what to do. Pull that lever, climb up here, open that door. It makes sense for some things, but generally speaking, players want to progress freely without being commanded around by AI. I was really disappointed to discover that Ranger mode was a pre-order DLC and you had to purchase it separately if you bought the standard edition. 2033 was updated with Ranger mode and two new weapons some months after it launched; for free. No DLC crap. I feel like I really want to blame Deep Silver for this one. It was the one thing I was afraid of when I found out they bought the IP from THQ. We were fortunate enough for the game to be mostly finished prior to the IP being sold, so Deep Silver didn't interfere much in its core development. THANK GOD. Regardless, Ranger mode had no business being a DLC. It should have been part of the core game, free of charge. Not only is it a feature not suitable to be sold as a separate DLC, but it was ALREADY PART OF THE GAME. It's just unsavory of a company to take content hat already exists in the game and exclude it as a DLC just so they can nickle and dime their customers. Just because some customers are willing to blindly pay extra doesn't mean you should actually charge them accordingly. Overall, this game deserves a 7 in my books. I don't consider the DLC shenanigans as a detriment to its quality, because that's just corporate stuff that shouldn't affect the gamer's experience in the end. If 4A starts focusing on AI, game mechanics, and voice casting, then I feel like they can really make a truly superb game. Last Light is certainly a step in the right direction, but it's forgetting a few of its roots while not trying hard enough to move forward in a few areas. Expand
  45. May 16, 2013
    It's a good game. It's linear, and there's not much variety to gameplay in the tunnels but it's a worthy successor to the Metro2033, even if sometimes i feel that Metro2033 is the superior game of the two, in terms of content as opposed to graphics. The graphics, on the other hand, are well done, though the animation can get a bit stiff at times, but it's nothing i couldn't overlook. AfterIt's a good game. It's linear, and there's not much variety to gameplay in the tunnels but it's a worthy successor to the Metro2033, even if sometimes i feel that Metro2033 is the superior game of the two, in terms of content as opposed to graphics. The graphics, on the other hand, are well done, though the animation can get a bit stiff at times, but it's nothing i couldn't overlook. After the update they released it flows better than before on the old AMD, so big points there as well. Story-wise it's a home run, just like it's predecessor and the pacing alone can carry the game through. After reading about the harsh conditions the people of 4A studios were subjected to during development, i think they should be commended on their enormous effort, not only to push this game out, but to do right by its fans and customers, considering the circumstances. Their work was nothing short of absolute heroism. Bravo! Expand
  46. May 29, 2013
    This is a great game with a somewhat mystical story line that held my interest throughout. Artyom, however, is nothing more than a killing machine with very little meaningful dialog. As far a the game goes, this one plays well in spite of occasional freezes. The battles are challenging and the weapons are robust. I recommend this game highly. It's worth the $50.
  47. May 14, 2013
    I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal.I think the best way to describe Metro: Last Light is that it's almost the same as it's predecessor. In most cases this might be considered a negative, but here it's actually a good thing, as the original had a great formula. What Last Light might lack in innovation it makes up for in polish, with an atmosphere that feels more immersive than ever and a story that is a little more personal. Stealth and combat are largely unchanged, with a couple of new weapons added. I feel it's worth mentioning that normal and hard difficulties are still sort of easy. Probably the most common complaint about 2033 was that it was sort of linear Last Light remedies that with some truly well done, open outdoor maps. Some downsides are that the game doesn't play nice with AMD cards (nothing too major, just shadow flickering) and they removed the armor specializations. Bottom line, if you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will like Last Light just as much, if not more. Expand
  48. Aug 21, 2014
    An average, nice-to-look-at corridor shooter (or should I say 'sneaker'?) Metro is back with an unnecessary sequel to do the same thing all over again, no changes have been made to the amount hand-holding, railroading and massive linearity present in the first one... and Christ, ambient "details" do not make a good game! Story is OK, graphics are good (as they should be), all Metro does isAn average, nice-to-look-at corridor shooter (or should I say 'sneaker'?) Metro is back with an unnecessary sequel to do the same thing all over again, no changes have been made to the amount hand-holding, railroading and massive linearity present in the first one... and Christ, ambient "details" do not make a good game! Story is OK, graphics are good (as they should be), all Metro does is make me want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. again. Expand
  49. Jan 14, 2015
    The graphics in this game could not have been better, highly detailed levels, great textures and animation for character movement, fire, smoke and water. The English voice acting was suburb with genuine Russian accents adding to character believability. The music was good and appropriate to the game. Well done developers!

The story line was good but not great. Without giving away

The story line was good but not great. Without giving away spoilers, the whole premise for the post-apoplectic scenario just wasn't totally convincing, nor were the paranormal elements in scenes with Khan and Artyom while chasing after the little Dark One. (The player is Artyom BTW.) The animosity between the various factions seemed contrived. Well the game needed enemies after all. The relationship between Anna and Artyom should have been expanded. Less Khan and more Anna would have helped me suffer through the "Boss" encounters.

The game is very linear with very little variability allowed in playing each level. Since the player is really the main character in a theatrical story, and since the story is rigid, it makes for very boring replays of the game. The only reason I chose to replay was to try for a harder game setting or to try for the alternate ending. The alternate ending was a big let down.

This is a difficult game to play. I'm just a casual player so the gameplay with some "boss" encounters was difficult at best, even on the easiest settings. I can't imagine anyone getting through on the most difficult ranger settings, I didn't get far before frustration set in.

Metro: Last Light suffers from the following issues:
    1. No save capability.
    2. No option to skip or truncate cut scenes.
    3. Unfulfilling ending. (Either ending.)
    4. Replay boredom as the player just follows a linear path dictated by the storyline.
    5. Endless introduction screens and animations without any way to speed it up.

Otherwise, the game is well worth playing but not at full price.
  50. May 15, 2013
    Let's be honest, the ommision of Ranger Mode is stupid. It can be circumvented, and I plan on doing that. (Or, they will come to their senses) This game is fantastic, visually stunning, and frighting. I cannot stress enough what a great sequel this is. They deserve your money.
  51. May 15, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are allMetro Last Light is an atmospheric post apocalyptic adventure that will take you on a thrill ride from start to finish. MetroLL takes place about a year after the first game and you still play as the silent hero Artym. MetroLL is a story driven game that is written really well and the characters are likable enough to keep you interested in them. The atmosphere and level design are all top notch, especially areas where you get to leave the metro and go to the surface. MetroLL has to be one of the most beautiful pc games I have ever played. I do own the xbox version as well and I have to give credit to 4A games for making a game look this good on pc/consoles. The guns all have a real world feeling to them and the hit detection is much better than in the previous game. The stealth gameplay is much better this time around and allows you to play the game the way you want to. You can go in guns blazing or conserve ammo for the surface and kill quietly in the shadows. MetroLL is a great game that shouldn't be missed if you like a good singleplayer immersive experience. 4A games did a great job on this game and proved that there are a lot of talented developers in Europe. Expand
  52. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  53. May 18, 2013
    This game did one thing phenomenally well and that was to tell a dark, intelligent, and truly compelling and rich story. The guns were good and felt right the character you play moves throughout the world nicely and it feels truly unique that you are in fact a part of your environment as it does affect you.
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is
    However the only major downside and the reason why I did not give this a 10 is that sometimes the A.I. can be totally moronic and this often would make it easier than perhaps it should have been even in ranger mode on hard.
  54. Oct 29, 2014
    I bought the Redux bundle of this title with 2033 discounted on Steam, because the reviews are very good & I thought it looked liked the Fallout series. However, after 2 hours of game play I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

The character controls keep turning on & off (sometimes the character can no longer jump or run, or access weapons.) Sometimes the character moves of it's own accord as all controls functions are disconnected from the player. Sometimes weapons are changed for no apparent reason.

I feel like I'm involved in a walkthrough, with occasional partial control of a character. There is zero option for thinking in this game. The environment is controlled so one cannot explore or move around freely. I really have little idea what this game is about. There's so little interaction between myself & the character I have partial control over that I cannot remotely get immersed. There is occasional action which is usually gunfire, but I just end up randomly shooting anything in site that moves since I don't know what I'm supposed to be achieving, & cannot tell what is or is not an enemy.

I think the game is over-priced, since it's only partially a game. It's mostly a kind of interactive movie. I am disappointed that I paid £16.99 for this & 2033, & that at half price. After 2 hours of trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do, I've resigned to the fact that I'll have to be told by a voice all the way through the game what I have to do all of the time. This is very childish. So utterly bored I won't even bother with trying 2033. A total waste of money.

My 4 review points go totally to graphics which are okay.
  55. May 14, 2013
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games and Dmitry Gluhovsky for the created world Metro 2033. Game Metro: Last Light is a gaming masterpiece!
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level - lethal shooting - good optimization I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games! I play on my
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader
    - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level
    - lethal shooting
    - good optimization

I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games!

I play on my computer weak: Windows 7/32bit /Intel® Core™2 Quad/Q8400@2.66GHz, 3GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 220 GT 1GB.
  56. May 26, 2013
    One of the BEST games I played so far this year! Its as good as Bioshock but takes place in Moscow. Amazing story and gameplay. The shooting is awesome!
  57. Jun 6, 2013
    This game will cover you in delicious honey and then blow you till you pass out from pleasure. Literally.
    Well, not literally, but it's a GREAT experience. Especially if you've read the books, but even without them you'll have tons of fun. One of the best looking titles so far, with an incredibly immersive storyline (except the romance, which was plain bad imo) multiple endings and excelent FPS mechanics with survival horror mechanics blended in seamlessly. Stealth is done much better in the first game, now both rambo-style and ninja-style are equal in terms of fun and difficulty. A must-have for any true gamer, definitely.
    World of warning though It's extremely short, so be prepared that you will finish it in 10 hours like any modern cod game. But be assured that every minute of this game is worth hours of entertainment that you can get from longer games so it's totally okay with me. Why not 10/10 then? Well I think the romance was bland and naive compared to the rest of the plot. I also craved for some dialogue options, but there are none, as your character is the classic silent type of character. Those are the only major I can think of and they don't take much from the amazing experience of Metro: Last Light.
  58. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  59. oso
    Nov 5, 2013
    Technically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of andTechnically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of and waited with purchase for the game price to drop. Expand
  60. May 16, 2013
    One of the best looking games so far bar none. What they did with lighting, shadows, particles was just amazing. The game does a great job of pacing you along, it does get a bit linear at times but the way it is done more then makes up for that.

Keep in mind that at the time of this writing SSAA is just a pure system killer, basically you will have twice the frame-rate at 2X SSAA then you would 4x SSAA. While it can still be played like that it can cause more then undesirable fps in game, with the occasional dip going way low at times.
  61. Oct 15, 2013
    I would say this game barely, barely makes the cut, certainly worth it if you can find it for under $10 but otherwise, don't bother. Game play is short and the overall experience is uneven. There are simply too many moments spent trying to figure out what the level designers are trying to get you to do to move through a section, too many over-powered opponents for no good reason, and tooI would say this game barely, barely makes the cut, certainly worth it if you can find it for under $10 but otherwise, don't bother. Game play is short and the overall experience is uneven. There are simply too many moments spent trying to figure out what the level designers are trying to get you to do to move through a section, too many over-powered opponents for no good reason, and too many moments where the game takes over to move you on rails to the next event. All of that absolutely ruins the game by pulling the player entirely out of the experience and that's a real shame as the graphics are stellar, the voice acting adequate and the atmosphere foreboding. But invariably, every time you start to get drawn in by the story, the art and the action, something happens to pull you right back out. It's unfortunate. I think the best test for me of what separates a great game from a mediocre one is this: would I go back and play it again, even just part of it? No chance for Metro: Last Light; while it does have a few flashes of brilliance, the game play is ultimately just too disjointed. Expand
  62. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  63. Jul 4, 2013
    [9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is[9.0] Metro Last Light improves on its predecessor is nearly every way: the shooting is satisfying, the atmosphere is haunting, the story and characters compelling and the dreary graphics all draw you into one of most stunningly realised worlds in gaming. A weaker final act, prohibitively linear level design and unsatisfying ending(s) prevent me from giving it a perfect rating, but MLL is an unforgettable experience that no-one should pass up. Expand
  64. May 17, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Metro 2033. But this one --Metro: Last Light is one of the most engaging and fine detailed FPS I have played so far. If you have a performance PC with GTX670 or better, don't hesitate to grab this masterpiece. I guarantee it will not let you down!
    And yes, this game does have some minor problems, but considering 4A's weak financial condition and working environment, I give it a 10/10 instead of a 9/10.
  65. Nov 6, 2013
    The developers of this game have paid much attention to details. Graphics are simply amazing and I'd say among the best you can get at the moment. It also supports 3D Vision, making it even more immersive. Combat/gun play, feels very organic. Sound effects are great. Sneaking (including silent take-downs with melee or throwing knives) instead of just shooting is possible too most times.
    I
    I can't say anything bad about this game, except maybe that sneaking was too easy. If you liked Metro 2033 you'll like this too.
  66. Xon
    Jul 17, 2013
    I read the book and played the first game. I loved both to bits. Therefore my expectations of the follow-up was sky high. Eventhoug the game never quite met them, it didn't disappoint.

The good: -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details. -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings. -solid gameplay The bad -Considering its literary roots the story and

The good:
    -Amazing atmosphere with mind blowing details.
    -great graphics that managed to look decent on "normal" settings.
    -solid gameplay

The bad
    -Considering its literary roots the story and dialogue were rather bland.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to giving it another spin once I've updated my gaming rig to meld my eyes.
  67. Jul 6, 2013
    after metro 2033 was an really amazing game, i had high expectations for last light.
    first of all, the graphics at last light are stunning, for the most part, but some stuff like human skin looks like rubber.
    the animations, the detailed levels, especially all the details in the human domiciles are really well made. light and water effects are awesome. the negative things: you

light and water effects are awesome.

the negative things:
    you have to pay 50€ for a game and then you have to BUY a harder difficulty as a dlc? what?

the game has a lot of bugs, if you walk around too much, you regulary get stuck, or you fall out of the map, or enemies get stuck, etc.

enemy ai is terrible, if you can even talk about INTELLIGENCE in this constellation.
    the human enemies can sometimes be stabbed in the face without reaction,

the mutants run at you like an unstoppable force, all you can do is headshot them to make them less annoying.

the story itself is interesting but the gameplay makes the game so dull and monotonous that i was just happy that its over.

metro last light is an awesome graphic demo, with terrible game features.

wait for a sale, its not worth more than 10€ $10
  68. Jun 4, 2013
    If the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant IIf the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant I jump over this, go under that, I dont want to chose x I want to chose y....but the best immersion I have had in a game is worth that.

You care about your gear, you fear monsters, you think about moral choices, you feel a bit naughty in the stip club, fatherly to the the kids and brave like one of the warriors. There's really nothing more needs saying because the game play that leads you to bother about these things must be brilliant to achieve this.

This game sets a new benchmark for me, graphically and most of all confidence wise. What I mean by confidence is that nowadays any game makers at some point seem to get bored, decide to make us like what they like, rush, or just plain act stupid. This is something that has been thought out, and executed very, very nearly perfectly, without compromise.

It hits standards I haven't seen a game hit in years. It does so on release date. Immediately into my top 5 games of all time, yes its linear but that is an absolutely necessary compromise. I think the title of linear fps is a bit glib and outdated, I think this is the first truly successful attempt at combining film and computer game; placing you as the star. Enjoy.
  69. May 14, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I seeGame is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I see there are a lot of trolls around commenting in here who haven't even played the game and giving it a zero score, so I will give this a 10 to bring it back up. This is truly a great game. Expand
  70. Jul 16, 2013
    A both beautiful and intense game, an amazing experience. Though, if you are looking for THEE GREATEST ACTION SHOOTER POWPOWOWWow, you will probably be disappointed. Gameplay is average, its the atmosphere of the game that absorbs you. Take time to snoop around and explore what you can. Loved the journey
  71. May 19, 2013
    On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect.On it’s own merit this game does have tons of fantastic qualities about it, but at the same time it does have a few set back as well. First and foremost the graphics are outstanding and is one of if not the best looking game (FPS wise) on the market today. That is saying a lot considering there's games like the Crysis series, this game certainly lives up to the competition in that respect. The gun mechanics and game-play aspects are top notch, a huge improvement over Metro 2033 as the guns feel like they have some "meat" to them now and are satisfying to use. The use of stealth has also made a big improvement whereby if you silently take an enemy human down with a suppressed gun for example, the other enemies in the vicinity don't go "bat this time. Therefore they don’t automatically know where you are which is how it should be as you can take your time and tactfully survey the area allowing a flawless execution. However on the flip side the enemy A.I. is now a lot weaker and they’re certainly a lot dumber compared to Metro 2033, it seems like the A.I. has gone from one extreme to another and it’s a shame there is no medium/balance there. The atmosphere in places does feel very intense and immersive and the developers have done a fine job of setting the mood perfectly. The areas you travel to like the market places and mini towns I suppose you could refer to them as are indeed oppressive and makes you feel sad at times and it certainly gives you an insight of what life is like for these unfortunate people in the Metro world. A side from a few glitches and clipping here and there and the story/plot being a little weak at times (but the immersive atmosphere makes up for this) this game is of great quality. I can appreciate the hard work the developers have put into this, it’s not like your average FPS and is nice to have a change of theme for once. Expand
  72. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  73. Jun 8, 2013
    I found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent butI found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent but nothing ground breaking, with careful use of stealth you can easily take them out or sneak by, creatures are much harder to evade, indeed most of my deaths were caused by creatures. The audio and voice acting is very good and quite atmospheric throughout the game. There are no real negatives to this game having only experienced a single crash, overall I would highly recommend. Expand
  74. Jul 26, 2013
    The game should have a better support with AMD vedio cards.
    I have bought this game in a preorder and I stilll cant play it normally' my computer should play this game on HIGH smooth but becuase they didnt support AMD card so good I cant enjoy playing this game.
    Hope they will make an update in the future that will solve all the bugs they have with AMD vedio cards.
  75. May 16, 2013
    If like me you weren't too crazy about the original game, you shouldn't buy this, and should instead wait until it too drops to a single digit price tag before purchasing. The game is extremely overpriced and is as poorly optimized as the original.
  76. May 18, 2013
    This game is superb in every way, and the only thing I can honestly say is that this is the sequel we've been waiting for, and it is every bit as good as we had hoped.
  77. May 16, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more aboutI thoroughly enjoyed my time with Last Light. It's a solid, story-driven shooter that is heavy on atmosphere and character. Which means it is unfortunate that there is a silent protagonist. I'm always critical of this choice in video games because it robs the player of so many opportunities for interaction or learning more about the world. Let's face it: we all want to know more about Metro. The shooting mechanics, sound effects, and animations are all the same as the original game and that's generally fine. There are some effects and sounds that have been carried over from the first game and they seem to be of low quality, which was disappointing. In Last Light you'll be able to explore even more of the Metro as you set off to save the last remaining Dark One. I was satisfied with the number of places I got to see and the varied locations that the levels take place in. Stealth has been completely revamped and is much better than it was in the original, but I have to say it is way too easy to stealth through the game. My biggest problem however is the length. My first playthrough and normal difficulty lasted just a little less than 8 hours. This is quite disappointing since there isn't much replay value other than trying to get the other ending (there are two different endings to get which are based upon decisions you make throughout the game). In conclusion, Last Light is a solid game and well worth the purchase, but I feel like it isn't as good as the original Metro was. Expand
  78. May 16, 2013
    Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and now Metro Last Light. This year of starting was good for Single FPS campaign genre games. I did play Metro 2033, that was quite interesting but little bit boring at some times because of slow story but the fear and thriller in Metro 2033 was great i enjoyed it and i bought this Metro LL on release date and this game is success to it's previous title. ATomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and now Metro Last Light. This year of starting was good for Single FPS campaign genre games. I did play Metro 2033, that was quite interesting but little bit boring at some times because of slow story but the fear and thriller in Metro 2033 was great i enjoyed it and i bought this Metro LL on release date and this game is success to it's previous title. A deep story pretty much things to explore and understanding all the meanings of each thing and missions is little complicated. Then comes time you have to take decisions.

If you are one of them who is bored because of "Artyom do this do that, sure it has lot of dialogues and follow up" and you can't go anywhere else but that's how game suppose to be, it also gives pretty much things to explore, if one knows where to look. This game is about story telling and keeping up pace with that too. MLL didn't bore be on some occasions like Metro 2033 did and i did all my mission in stealth type Hardcore ranger mode. It was intense fighting the Reds, Reich and Monsters. Give it a try this game is good. I rate this game no.1 followed by is BioShock Infinite and then comes Tomb Raider!
  79. May 14, 2013
    Game is amazing, the atmosphere, the graphics, the improved gunplay and the immersion are all top notch.

Go buy this game ASAP and turn off the lights and crank the volume up! improved over the first game in every way!
  80. May 25, 2013
    Good game, bad game? Finished Metro Last Light on Ranger Hardcore at first weekend. Not cause its especially short. But cause it simply kept me completely hooked. Nuff said.
  81. Oct 7, 2013
    Linear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incrediblyLinear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incredibly well-presented murky world, that in my opinion is not far off the attention to detail you see in something like Bioshock Infinite. The story arc was a bit tough for me to follow, being that I never finished the first game, but still you don't need to worry as Artyom narrates the basics through the loading screens and there are notes you can access to catch up. Add that to a rich amount of NPC conversations you can eavesdrop on, and there's certainly more to this shooter than just shooting at monsters. Actually, that's one of the areas that I wasn't satisfied with. The monsters you fight are far less fun that when stealthily trying to take out guards or goons. Mostly, the monsters just charge you very quickly, you fire some shotgun rounds and they're dead. The only other thing to raise issue with, is the major lack of freedom there is to either make any kind of meaningful decisions, or to move about. It's literally like being on a beautifully-crafted fairground ride, more so than other games in this genre. Had the player been given slightly more freedom to explore or do things off the beaten track then this game could have been a 9+. Still, I heartily recommend checking out this game that is if you like your action served onrails. Expand
  82. Feb 15, 2014
    Where to start with this game...
    Graphics is really badly obtimized.
    AI is dumb as hell. User Interface is screwd up, what game forces you to pause the game to be able to throw a granade?? The stealth system is **** up, just stay in a shadow and no one can see you, even if you stand right in front of them. EVERYTHING is coded to happen, you can stealth around, and when you reach a
    Where to start with this game...
    Graphics is really badly obtimized.
    AI is dumb as hell.
    EVERYTHING is coded to happen, you can stealth around, and when you reach a point, everyone suddenly reacts to you...
    Exploration is useless, there are no exploration. Everything is on tracs from A to Z. What you find in the different rooms is.... wait for it... Nothing. Maybe a few bullets, but you dont need them. You get enough from people you kill.
    The acting is just subpar, but I will accept it. The story is Ok.
    The shooting is subpar, bad feedback and uninteresting.

Only buy this game on sale. And even then, only forr the interested.
  83. Jul 16, 2013
    I must say, this game would have easily been one of my favorites if it wasn't for the framerate drop bug.
    I've got a great system (Bioshock on Ultra? No problemo!) and many of the levels are simply splendid in this game. The game-play was great to. What rubs me wrong is that I dropped $50 on a game that has a graphical glitch that many other people experienced with Radeon cards. Some levels are just simply un-playable 2 frames per second or so. If they patch this issue, I'll re-do my review. Until then, I want my money back.
  84. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  85. May 21, 2013
    The game is in some ways better than the previous metro 2033, on the other side some new features should be done differently.

Good things: - More types of monsters - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there. - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious. - Stealth system has improved, enemies must individually see you to know your location. and you

Good things:
    - More types of monsters
    - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there.
    - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious.
    and you will have a moment of doubt if you walk into light, if you get out of the light quickly the guards
    will doubt they saw you.

The less good:
    - The human enemy knockdown is too powerfull, it works on all medium armored humans.
    Will not work on heavy armored humans. It works both when you ar undetected as when you are
    detected. You can run towards the enemy and knock them unconscious. Just too powerful. Needs
    tweaking here.
    - Stealth needs tweaking too, enemies won't see you when you are right in front them. And you walks
    always 100% silent, that's not realistic. I miss the glass on the ground which made stealth a challenge
    in Metro 2033. In last light you can walk around without much problems, it lacks challenge.
    - In normal difficulty the throw knifes do not reflect of armor pieces, which did happen in Metro 2033.
    That's a shame really, that made it more realistic.

Overall I must say I enjoyed it. It's worth the 8. With some good tweaks it can be higher!
  86. Jun 3, 2013
    Amazing gun play, decent story and gorgeous graphics combined with great survival horror aspects make Metro: Last Light a fantastic experience which you must try!
  87. May 18, 2013
    The game is a worthy sequel to Metro 2033, and in most aspects it's better, feeling more polished. The story is very good, although the ending was quite not what I expected, yet it leaves lots of questions to be answered in a future sequel. The atmosphere and overall feel are very impressive, and reflects the slavic melancholy to the player in a unique way.

On a graphical side, the game

On a graphical side, the game is very pretty, like was the first game. I haven't measured framerates, but it feels like it runs a bit smoother than the 2033. I have an AMD video card, and the game was given a patch regarding issues with Radeons, and ever since the game has been running well on my rig.

Sound-wise, it's pretty much the same as the first game in the series. I switched character speaking language to russian, just for giving me a better and more authentic immersion of the game world. Music also works well, changing in pace and intensity as the player is in action, and diminishing alike when things cool down. Like before, monsters do make growling noises, which in turn warns the player of their proximity.

My criticism comes mostly from the same things that others have mentioned bad AI at times, (english) voice acting (I prefer the russian), too much hand-holding and scripted situations which make it feel like an interactive film (this gets lesser later in the game). I've also encountered a couple of crashes, but since the game has bees out just a few days at the time of this review, fixes are likely to come in the future.

If you liked Metro 2033, you'll definitely like this, even though this has taken a little more mainstream approach on certain things. The single player took me about 10 hours to complete on medium difficulty on my first play-through, so it isn't that long of a game, but I'm willing to replay it a couple more times, at least for now.
  88. Jul 12, 2013
    Even better than the first game. It also has better OST and voice acting this time. Absolutely amazing. Buy this game. I personally liked the bad ending more.
  89. Jun 15, 2013
    Intense atmosphere helped by amazing visuals and sharpened combat and stealth mechanics. Let down by slightly uninteresting story and an unsatisfying ending, yet doesn't take away from the great moments.
  90. May 21, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside fromI think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  91. May 14, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improvedThe game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improved much etc... but this game is so damn satisfying it still gets a 10 from me.

The game is 100% smooth for me GTX670 maxed out without SSAA
  92. May 15, 2013
    Talk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. CanTalk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. Can someone say "suspicious"? The graphics feel like the first Metro. They were cool then, but when you take a close look at the detail, it's so dated. The hallways have that computer precision geometry. The sound needs so much work.
    The atmospheric plays in the background, but the rusty elevator I'm riding is completely silent. Details details. Is it a game changer? Maybe maybe not, but as the little things start to accumulate, you realize how much you appreciate a game that has polish. Like the voice acting. It is bad bad. It sounds like the actors are reading directly from the script into the microphone. It's almost painful to listen to. Like when the lower ranking officer gets his dialog cut off by the higher ranking officer. You know, like when you're cut off mid-sentence? Except the low ranking guy just reads his script to the cut off point and there's a pause BEFORE he get's cut off? Little things. I like an immersive experience and what caught my eye about this game was all the reviews that say what a great feel this game has. It might, but the devil is in the details, and this game misses in some very pronounced ways. At least do yourself the smallest favor. Don't spend that fifty bucks because you may feel like I do. Paying top dollar is for games that live up to the score, and the scores on this game have been dubiously amped. It's not quite a money grab, but it sure leans that way.
  93. May 16, 2013
    Despite some technical bugs I cannot find a single problem with Metro Last Light. One of the best games this generation, and probably one of the greatest of all time, right up there with Bioshock and Metroid Prime.
  94. Jun 9, 2013
    Compared to the first Metro, I think it's an improvement, but I was hoping for something better. Last Light has the same post-apocalyptic atmosphere the first game had, but the whole survival aspect of it was dumbed down, mostly because you have a gigantic arsenal of ammunition and military grade bullets all the time, even on ranger mode. Stealth is better for the most part, but is far tooCompared to the first Metro, I think it's an improvement, but I was hoping for something better. Last Light has the same post-apocalyptic atmosphere the first game had, but the whole survival aspect of it was dumbed down, mostly because you have a gigantic arsenal of ammunition and military grade bullets all the time, even on ranger mode. Stealth is better for the most part, but is far too easy due to the horrible AI and their inability to see you when you're standing right in front of them. Expand
  95. May 16, 2013
    The best FPS ever made!
    Yes, for me it's the best FPS game that ever made, far much better than BioShock, battlefield, of course, COD.
    The sound, the view, the details... Can't be more exciting for such a wonderful game.
  96. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The storyline of this game is quite interesting. Especially at the beginning of the game, when you are crawling through some tunnels, the skulls of dead people are laying around, creepy stuff brings excitement. The idea of upgrading weapons and skills is also quite good. The speed of the game is high, so when you are playing the main story, you shouldn't get bored. Expand
  97. May 17, 2013
    If you want a good story driven atmospheric shooter, you won't find anything better than metro last light. Everything from the rain and blood spatter on your gas mask, to your ragged breathing as you run out of time on your filter serves to draw you into the experience. They've also tightened up the gunplay and the stealth mechanic, mostly fixing Metro 2033's biggest weak point, which wasIf you want a good story driven atmospheric shooter, you won't find anything better than metro last light. Everything from the rain and blood spatter on your gas mask, to your ragged breathing as you run out of time on your filter serves to draw you into the experience. They've also tightened up the gunplay and the stealth mechanic, mostly fixing Metro 2033's biggest weak point, which was lackluster combat. Even when there not environmental dangers abound the game is packed with tons of NPC dialogue that fleshes the world of Last Light, and you can hear some heartwarming and plenty of heartbreaking moments by taking the time to listen in on these stories. Add to this a compelling main plot and you've got the best FPS I've played in at least the last 5 years.

It's not perfect however. The stealth, while fun, is incredibly easy as you're essentially invisible if you're in the shadows even if an enemy is a meter in front of you, which makes the game pretty easy (I played on Hardcore FYI) if you're playing it stealthily. The English voice acting (especially the children) is also pretty bad by today's standards. I know a lot of people say play this in Russian with subtitles, and I'd agree if not for the fact that much of the dialogue between NPCs isn't covered by subtitles, and there's a lot of good world building in those conversations. So I'd say play it in English if bad voice acting isn't a huge deal to you. It was also a bit unstable on my PC. It took me around 11 hours to beat the game, and it crashed to the desktop 5 times, twice during the last level, so until a patch comes out you can probably expect some bugs.

Overall, any faults I find with Last Light are more than made up for in what it achieves. I wanted a deeply atmospheric shooter that took it's themes, atmosphere, and gameplay seriously, and Metro Last Light deliver that in spades. It creates a world oozing atmosphere out of every nook and cranny, and when you are playing this at night with the lights out there are few games that I've found more immersive.

If you want a good idea what Metro Last Light is all about for yourself, watch the opening video on youtube http://tinyurl.com/cldpp2t There's no spoilers, no big war, no monsters, no evil person getting a magic macguffin, none of the usual stuff games usually throw at you before the title screen to try and hook you. Just a depressing tale of what has become of humanity and what one person has lost, and if you're anything like me, it'll suck you into the world of Metro like nothing else.
  98. May 25, 2013
    Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements,Surpassing its predecessor in every way and form, Last Light is another excellent example of how sequels should be done: fix up the problems of the original while enhancing the experience further without doing anything too out of its nature. From its slicker, sexier UI for everything from your watch to the weaponry menu, to the improved, less punishing and intense combat/stealth elements, and to its outstanding visual and audio presentation that is also well-optimized for PC, Last Light is everything Metro 2033 should have been and better. With a lengthy plot that's exciting and well-presented from start to finish coupled with its superb gameplay mechanics, Metro: Last Light is 2013's first official contender for FPS of the year. If you had your quarrels with Metro 2033 like me, you'll fall in love with this sequel. An outstanding adventure shooter with class. Expand
  99. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative,My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  100. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. PC PowerPlay