8.6

1. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  2. May 28, 2013
    The game is incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of the FPS genre but this game makes me wonder why not. The story is amazing and complex, the graphics are detailed and flawless, and the atmosphere is simply unique. The only thing that is not extraordinary about the game is the game-play, which is good, but not sensational, like the other aspects of the game. I would give it a 9, because of the basic shooter game-play, however, I'll give it a 10 to balance it out a bit, for the people that gave it a 2 or 3 just to prove a point or something. Even if you don't like the game-play, you have to at least appreciate the story and/or graphics. Amazing. Expand
  3. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  4. May 20, 2013
    The high user score average is a great tell tale sign that this is an awesome game. Loved it from start to finish. It's what gaming is all about aka immersion, action, emotion, fun, etc. I'm struggling to find a single thing I disliked about this game. It's one of those few that stand out amongst the rest. I wasn't a fan of Metro 2033 if I'm honest but A4 games upped the ante and produced a gaming legend. I read about the budget and the conditions the guys had to work in to make this game and that alone makes it a perfect 10. Kudos to A4. Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  7. May 14, 2013
    As someone who played metro 2033, this game lives up to good expectations. The stealth system is definitely workable. As you sneak along you can unscrew light bulbs on the way. Makes for a fun, easier and very much playable game
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    Did you like Metro 2033? If so, then you're going to like Last Light. Great storytelling, great graphics, great gameplay, and solid voice acting, all wrapped up in the familiar Metro we are all used too. Like so many others have said, lock yourself away, turn out the lights, and immerse yourself in this fantastic atmospheric sequel. The game, like it's predecessor, is a pure joy to play. The real world can wait while you save the Metro once again. Expand
  10. May 23, 2013
    Best game i have ever seen! Thanks Dmitry Gluhovsky and Andrey Prohorov and all developers 4A Games! YOU are the best. Waiting new game from you Good Luck!
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    Spectacular sequel to one of the best games I played in a while.
    Compelling story, amazing visuals never seen before, excellent soundtrack and gameplay
    If there is something I liked about Metro 2033, was the incredible atmosphere achieved. In this new release they have once again achieved and reached a new level of epicness that will make your jaw drop.
    Hopefully maybe have another
    sequel or a prequel.

Definitely another great candidate for GOTY 2013. The amount of love and dedication that the developers put in this game it's admirable.
    A god tier game right here
  12. May 24, 2013
    This game is soooooo friggin' amazing. Great difficulty, I died 4 times while playing on easy! The atmosphere is the best atmosphere in any game to date. Your skin will crawl and the dread that will consume you is palpable. Great controls, graphics, but the sound is iffy in regards to one thing, the melee when stabbing something sounds like something you would hear from playstation 1. Besides that, I can not conjure up a lower score than 10. Metro: Last Light is (hold your breath for this) better than the amazing Bioshock Infinite. I didn't think it was possible, but Last Light's pacing and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any survival horror game. Expand
  13. May 23, 2013
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  15. May 23, 2013
    Last light gives me a similar feeling that Half life 2 did. A believable world. system driven gameplay within a focused linear context. Fantastic art and design. Tense moments, both scripted and procedurally generated. A truly fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. a must buy for anybody who is a fan of games in the immersive first person genre.
  16. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off
    a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  17. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  18. May 24, 2013
    Great game, I loved both metro 2033 and metro last light, the story is fantastic and the environment and the atmosphere is astonishing. The game presents the post-apocalyptic world very well as people struggle to go on their daily lives and survive in the harsh environment. It also shows human nature quite well, even if there is an apocalypse people still fight one another for their own benefit and gain. There aren't too many weapons because this game isn't your shoot em up as you please, you should pick your fights and shots with some thinking as it can get dangerous after you spent all your ammo. There are some things that aren't that great, like how ranger mode is a downloadable content, when ranger mode makes the game shine a whole lot better. If you want the best experience of this game I suggest you buy the ranger mode for more thrill Expand
  19. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  20. Jun 8, 2013
    Above average story, excellent atmosphere, and probably the best looking game yet.

If you enjoyed Metro 2033, buy this without hesitation.

If you enjoyed Half Life 2 or Bioshock Infinite, this should be at the top of your list.

Sleeper hit of 2013
  21. May 14, 2013
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games and Dmitry Gluhovsky for the created world Metro 2033. Game Metro: Last Light is a gaming masterpiece! - This Slavic apocalypse - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level - lethal shooting - good optimization I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games! I play on my computer weak: Windows 7/32bit /Intel® Core™2 Quad/Q8400@2.66GHz, 3GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 220 GT 1GB. Expand
  22. May 26, 2013
    One of the BEST games I played so far this year! Its as good as Bioshock but takes place in Moscow. Amazing story and gameplay. The shooting is awesome!
  23. May 18, 2013
    May 18th 2013. this is the BEST graphics I have seen on a PC game, Just amazing! environments/lighting are WOW! Facial graphics are an 7 out of 10. The game is Extremely Polished! The interface, the movement of the character, excellent work! Attention to detail is also amazing! I am very impressed with this game!
  24. May 17, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Metro 2033. But this one --Metro: Last Light is one of the most engaging and fine detailed FPS I have played so far. If you have a performance PC with GTX670 or better, don't hesitate to grab this masterpiece. I guarantee it will not let you down!
    And yes, this game does have some minor problems, but considering 4A's weak financial condition and working environment, I
    give it a 10/10 instead of a 9/10. Expand
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    The developers of this game have paid much attention to details. Graphics are simply amazing and I'd say among the best you can get at the moment. It also supports 3D Vision, making it even more immersive. Combat/gun play, feels very organic. Sound effects are great. Sneaking (including silent take-downs with melee or throwing knives) instead of just shooting is possible too most times.
    I
    can't say anything bad about this game, except maybe that sneaking was too easy. If you liked Metro 2033 you'll like this too. Expand
  26. Jun 4, 2013
    If the idea of a game, with atmosphere, horror, moral complications and immersion is your thing, this is the best. I dont play many games nowadays but I am more than happy for this studio to have my money. Nothing is wrong with the game that is really avoidable; if you chose to play ranger hardcore, which you should, you will get frustrating moments, where to go, what to do, why cant I jump over this, go under that, I dont want to chose x I want to chose y....but the best immersion I have had in a game is worth that.

You care about your gear, you fear monsters, you think about moral choices, you feel a bit naughty in the stip club, fatherly to the the kids and brave like one of the warriors. There's really nothing more needs saying because the game play that leads you to bother about these things must be brilliant to achieve this.

This game sets a new benchmark for me, graphically and most of all confidence wise. What I mean by confidence is that nowadays any game makers at some point seem to get bored, decide to make us like what they like, rush, or just plain act stupid. This is something that has been thought out, and executed very, very nearly perfectly, without compromise.

It hits standards I haven't seen a game hit in years. It does so on release date. Immediately into my top 5 games of all time, yes its linear but that is an absolutely necessary compromise. I think the title of linear fps is a bit glib and outdated, I think this is the first truly successful attempt at combining film and computer game; placing you as the star. Enjoy.
  27. May 14, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I see there are a lot of trolls around commenting in here who haven't even played the game and giving it a zero score, so I will give this a 10 to bring it back up. This is truly a great game. Expand
  28. May 18, 2013
    Most people would probably pick it up thinking it was a COD clone. Regardless, this game blows my mind. The story is so direct and driven by the crumbled wasteland environment, filled with unique subway cities that really gave me a sense of reality. Atmosphere I haven't stopped to look at all the details in a video game in a long, long time. Pick it up, thank me later.
  29. Jun 8, 2013
    I found Metro LL to be a very enjoyable sequel to Metro 2033, the game itself is fairly long if you stop to look at every detail; it should take about 8 to 10 hours to complete. The levels are extremely well made and look quite stunning even on medium settings with lots of little optional areas that can provide you with supplies or a little extra to the story. The enemy AI is decent but nothing ground breaking, with careful use of stealth you can easily take them out or sneak by, creatures are much harder to evade, indeed most of my deaths were caused by creatures. The audio and voice acting is very good and quite atmospheric throughout the game. There are no real negatives to this game having only experienced a single crash, overall I would highly recommend. Expand
  30. May 18, 2013
    This game is superb in every way, and the only thing I can honestly say is that this is the sequel we've been waiting for, and it is every bit as good as we had hoped.
  31. May 16, 2013
    Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and now Metro Last Light. This year of starting was good for Single FPS campaign genre games. I did play Metro 2033, that was quite interesting but little bit boring at some times because of slow story but the fear and thriller in Metro 2033 was great i enjoyed it and i bought this Metro LL on release date and this game is success to it's previous title. A deep story pretty much things to explore and understanding all the meanings of each thing and missions is little complicated. Then comes time you have to take decisions.

If you are one of them who is bored because of "Artyom do this do that, sure it has lot of dialogues and follow up" and you can't go anywhere else but that's how game suppose to be, it also gives pretty much things to explore, if one knows where to look. This game is about story telling and keeping up pace with that too. MLL didn't bore be on some occasions like Metro 2033 did and i did all my mission in stealth type Hardcore ranger mode. It was intense fighting the Reds, Reich and Monsters. Give it a try this game is good. I rate this game no.1 followed by is BioShock Infinite and then comes Tomb Raider!
  32. May 16, 2013
    Just awesome.
    This game, and these developers really are the last hope for PC gaming. They are the only people producing games to the quality which we expect in 2013.

The story, setting, atmosphere, graphics, are all sublime. The gun play is very good, the stealth is very good. It is your DUTY if you appreciate PC games, to buy this and support the developers. We cannot let EA and
    Activision dominate the market when really their best efforts are LAZY by comparison to the makers of Metro.

Frankly this is the best game ive played in years, there is so much love which has gone into it. From texture quality to little jokes such as the russian-doll-box, to the sheer amount of detail in the environments and audio. It is a real meaty enthralling experience i am only too happy to engrose myself with.

I could have knocked a point or two off, for the shadow flickering bugs which i suffered as an ATI user, but the developers have been very quick to release a patch to fix it, and everything is working extremely slick now, no bugs, no crashes.

9.6/10

I have rounded up.
  33. May 14, 2013
    Game is amazing, the atmosphere, the graphics, the improved gunplay and the immersion are all top notch.

Go buy this game ASAP and turn off the lights and crank the volume up! improved over the first game in every way!
  34. May 26, 2013
    In reality worth an 8.5-9. but gotta counter them 0's.
    People seem to forget that story telling FPS games are a genre. they exist, they market to a certain audienc. The gam itself runs smooth, immersive story/ambience, AI is just fine in ranger/hard mode, love the stealth aspect.
    One minor thing is the ridiculous Ranger DLC, publisher is to blame tho.
    All-in all, awesome game and grats
    to the devp for bringing such a high quality game on the market for such a low budget. Expand
  35. May 23, 2013
    This game is like HL2, just sit and watch you get buzz, the atmosphere is just great, the picture is good, the plot is interesting, at least this game is to pass!
  36. May 21, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  37. May 14, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improved much etc... but this game is so damn satisfying it still gets a 10 from me.

The game is 100% smooth for me GTX670 maxed out without SSAA
  38. May 16, 2013
    Despite some technical bugs I cannot find a single problem with Metro Last Light. One of the best games this generation, and probably one of the greatest of all time, right up there with Bioshock and Metroid Prime.
  39. May 16, 2013
    The best FPS ever made!
    Yes, for me it's the best FPS game that ever made, far much better than BioShock, battlefield, of course, COD.
    The sound, the view, the details... Can't be more exciting for such a wonderful game.
  40. May 24, 2013
    My first impression of this game was sheer awe, the realism of the environment and gameplay. It is linear, but is so immersed in both plot, gameplay, and atmosphere, that I nearly overlooked that aspect of the game. The game show some of the most tragic realities that humans can unleash, and some of the most meaningful moralities that many people hold dearly. The gameplay is creative, original, and amazing. I read the article by the former THQ president, and I am more impressed that 4A was severely under-resourced compared to most development houses and managed to pull out a game like this. Bravo 10/10 Expand
  41. Jun 12, 2013
    Superb graphics, sound, story, characters and scenario, along with excellent game play contribute in a successful successor, for the first Metro game. Great game and a must for FPS fans
  42. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  43. May 15, 2013
    Awesome game.
    Great graphics, good optimization, great gameplay, Interesting story.
    I really hope that the series will not end on this game.
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games.
  44. May 23, 2013
    I am extremely impressed by Metro: Last Light. All those times when playing FPSes and thinking, "Damn, I wish this was just better..." Metro approaches that "better" ideal. I would highly recommend it for lovers of Dead Space and Half-Life. The atmosphere can be very horror-esque which plays to my liking though some may find it stressful. The best way to understand the comparison with Half Life is that I actually understood the story and was "on the edge of my seat" to see where it was going to go. It’s a great example for turning a book world into a viable and immensely interesting game world. And on top of that, the world and gameplay all supported the narrative. Just a real outstanding job by 4A, who in my opinion, have stolen the FPS crown. Expand
  45. May 15, 2013
    Great game, "DLC" aside this was a great continuation to metro 2033. This game is great with options of game-play, wanna sneak by everyone? go ahead. wanna paint the walls red? Uh...guess that's okay too. While there are not too many options when it comes to graphics, it does have all the others to give you quite a bit of customization. Combat is a very good quality and a fun weapon customization gives plenty of options for how you wanna play.

will note: there are several scenes with the boobies, parents have been warned :)

a comment to those complaining about the ranger dlc, I would like to point to a statistic about metro 2033 ranger mode. With steam, only 1.5% of the players completed easy ranger and 1.7% completed hard ranger mode. So you should ask, is it a mode I WOULD/OTHERS WOULD actually play? or is EASY>MEDIUM>HARD enough for most.

PS- I do not support what THQ put up for dlc before it changed hands.
  46. May 18, 2013
    I think this game doesn't deserve score 10 like any other game, but when i see nonsense like Bioshock infinite with so high scores I'm gonna give 10 to Metro LL.

I have small problems with AI in this game. NPC AI should be more aggressive, especially if developers throw surviving concept in game. It should really force you to use stealth.

Sure, for casual player there is always low
    difficulty level. Expand
  47. May 14, 2013
    What makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game did not disappoint me one bit, well worth the preorder. Idk why some "professional" reviewers gave it like a 70. AI is fine, sure could use some work, but still fine and seems to act fairly intelligent. 10/10 Buy it, play it, embrace the metro! Expand
  48. Jun 1, 2013
    Another awesome experience from the hardworking visionaries at 4A games! I have a real M17 gas mask sitting around the cabinet and this game is so immersive, I couldn't help but wear it during gameplay areas with a mask! It was crazy but I LOVED IT! This game improves a lot over the original and although it's a tiny bit easier, it delivers the goods! Graphics are awesome and made me really appreciate my gaming rig! 9/10!

But what I appreciate the most is the story behind the developers of this game (4A) who worked with so little funding but delivered a product deserving of the heavens! Shame on AAA FPS titles with bloated budgets and retarded gameplay and story. 10/10 for being a shining example of humility, resourcefulness and unbeatable passion to the gaming industry!
  49. May 26, 2013
    Hay, Well I Have Tried Metro 2033 But This Is Really the Most Horrific Game I Played May Random Stuff and Nothing to Expect Which I like Most, May be it is Very Basic FPS Playing But Still One of Best Games I Played. One Thing to Add Really That Game Attracts U So Much Like U want to Complete it All Way To End One Time, :D
  50. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hour mark. I did enjoy the "on-rails" segments though, as you can listen in on hundreds of conversations and interact with many objects for some entertainment.
    And for those criticizing the game because it is on rails. Not all games should give players complete freedom, considering this game is following a BOOK, it makes sense that exploration elements are limited. The devs are focusing on creating a strong engrossing story driven game and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
  51. May 15, 2013
    I literally just beat (no spoilers here). At first I wasn't sure how I would rate it since I need the full picture before rating anything. However, once I completed it I was in awe of how great it was. 4A added in amazing features such as requiring you to wipe your visor when it is splattered in blood. It also looks great, just make sure your pc is up to specs first. Combat was made much more fluid than in 2033 and stealth is more practical now that more fires can be extinguished and the knife was redesigned to compliment stealth (which I recommend is done at all times, especially when playing Ranger Mode).

It does have a few problems though. These include the fact that is a very labor intensive game, therefore make sure you have a good computer before playing. Also, it irks me that I can't switch a scope between weapons; you have to sell the scope and then re-buy it for the weapon you want it on. The Ranger Mode complaints are understandable, but it is not necessary to play the game.

However, these do not detract enough to lessen the awesomeness that is Metro: Last Light.
  52. May 26, 2013
    Great atmosphere, graphics, audio and shooting action. The story and narrative are mostly OK, but nothing too outstanding, however the shooting and atmosphere more than make up for it.

Play in a dark room and headphones for the best effect. And if you have NVidia 3D you must use it. This looks amazing and jaw dropping in 3D. This game has the best graphics to date for any PC title
    and is genuinely improved by 3D.

The weapon mods and weapon selection ensure you will find a combination that you really enjoy.
  53. May 14, 2013
    My respect for Ukrainian developers. The game is incredible! The game is very high quality and incredibly atmospheric. such a complete immersion in the game I have not had. I love it!
  54. May 14, 2013
    Awsome new dificulties and i like you can finish the game in stealh mode or can just kill anything you see.
    Great story,and i hope will be and sequel.
    Just one word:
    Awesome
  55. May 14, 2013
    A really outstanding peace of work.. It's just like old 2033 all over again, just different missions and routes/locations a bit.. I need to give this 10/10 apocalyptic types are my most best 100% Keep it up!
  56. May 27, 2013
    I adore the gloomy atmosphere of the game. Now it's even better and more realistic than in Metro 2033. To me it's the best game I have played ever except Doom 1. And the bonus is as you may find in Internet those real places in Moscow and compare how they look like in our world.
  57. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  58. May 23, 2013
    Just an awesome game. Everything is great from beginning till the end. Graphics could be better, but still really good. The atmosphere is 10/10. Loving it, totally recommend!
  59. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say, i was in tears when i finished the Single Player campaign. Graphics? Superb. Gameplay? Addicting. Atmosphere? Survival-horror in the best of the genre, breathtaking. But the storyline brings you to somewhere that you keep feeling, after playing, that if they release the sequel just two or three months later Metro Last Light, it would still be perfect! Masterpiece.
  60. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  61. Jul 22, 2014
    This is an amazing game. It follows suit with the first one in that it has an awesome plot based off of the Metro books, which are very good as well. The graphics are beautiful, the enemies have been reworked and upgraded since the first one, and the gunplay is nice, tight, and seamless. The survival elements also give the game a different challenge. You can easily become immersed in this game; the characters are fleshed out and you actually care about them. I just finished this game 10 minutes ago, and it left me teary eyed. In all my years of gaming this is only the second game that has been able to conjure up so much emotion. You won't regret playing it, seriously one of my top 5 games now. Expand
  62. May 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The environments were just as amazing as in the previous game, but they got the combat right this time. This game has the best stealth game-play I've seen up to now, and I've played all the Metal Gear games. The game tends to pit a large amount of enemies against you that you can't possibly take out head on, but there are always ways to slip past them, or silently dispatch them.

What I liked about the game, is that it doesn't put focus on you killing everything that you sight. No matter who you encounter, you can either stealth past them, run away from them, or knock them out without killing them, which is a bit more sensible than most games today, where you brainlessly kill things.
    After all, the player character is someone trying to save his own race from extinction, it wouldn't make sense if he walked around killing any human that showed any hostility towards him.

It's a great game, with a great story, a great setting, and great game-play, I really cannot find any flaws in it.
  63. May 16, 2013
    This game deserves >9. It pushes modern hardware (somewhat), it has an excellent story, it is novel, thought provocative, and intelligent. And it ends with an uplifting message.
    Don't shy away from from the unknown. Have the courage to try something--something that you may not understand. Play this game.
  64. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because of the increased action. The real fun is addressing every single situation differently, whether you want to sneak by, silently kill everyone or just go in guns blazing. Different factors will affect the way you play: you might get help from a supernatural source, be fighting monsters from above or have a cracked gas mask that requires the utmost care not to break. Juggling limited ammo and gas filters as well as pumping up your air powered rifles and flashlight electricity make this incredibly challenging. Which, one man army COD players, is actually a very good thing. You actually have to think to fight (good FPS skills still required.) Graphics look absolutely top notch, even though unless you have a great computer your graphics must be reduced. Loads of DLC will be coming, as will many more hours of gameplay. All in all, these countless coming hours will be every bit more special that the countless hours of typical multiplayer FPS that is typically popular. Expand
  65. Aug 14, 2013
    Absolutely Stunning, Story was awsome,hidden good endig achieved and the graphic and gameplay. I have no words to describe how awsome is this game but i'll remember it for very long time. Best game of 2013 (i was thinking about Bishock Infinite but this game is more atmospheric and mature)
  66. May 23, 2013
    This is really amazing sequel. Developers did everything right by keeping all the best we have in the first Metro and adding new extra features, weapons and, of course, a new story. New in-game story even better we had in the first part, maybe, because it is not based on a known subject (I mean Metro 2033 book which is behind the first game), but the logical and very interesting extension of the primary story. I'm playing it with pleasure and recommend to anyone who like this genre. Expand
  67. May 16, 2013
    All I want from a game is a decent, mature story that I can interact and immerse myself in. The Metro series is by far one of the best games out there for this. I can spend hours just wandering around the stations listening to the conversations and getting a feel for life in the metro. This is not a generic first person shooter, this is the real deal. Style and substance.

If you're
    still reading this and not downloading it on steam, then you know what to do. Expand
  68. May 16, 2013
    the greatest game you will ever play since Stalker. the second part no doubt bypass Metro2033 by a mile stone, graphics, story, customization, gameplay and artwork all 10/10 stars. I seriously have no idea how some reviewers gave this game 7/10, i believe now some of the reviewers are getting paid tones of money from developers in order put their games at over 9. this game worth every penny you spend on. top game of this year. Expand
  69. May 17, 2013
    This game is so good I had to register to review it. This is such a refreshing addition to the FPS which has been dying under plot-less and pointless "Call-to-medal-of-battle-honour" games that have been churning out.
    This game gives so much in atmosphere, story and mood. After witnessing this world, the action is a nice addition and made all the better by the sense of purpose that the
    game gives. If you're bored by the homogenised, factory line FPSs that have been spamming the past few years this game is for you Expand
  70. May 20, 2013
    Absolutely magnificent and engrossing game. This is single player only, but it's the most beautiful, aesthetic, well-thought-out fps of such nature that I've played in a long time and possibly ever.
  71. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  72. Jul 27, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an FPS shooter with linear gameplay and Metal Gear-esque combat, set in a post-apocalyptic world with the human race divided; it comes with a strong story, slick combat, great graphics, and AMAZING ambience make for a breathtakingly immersive atmosphere that pulls you in and doesn't let go. It's not an open-roam game like Borderlands or Fallout 3, but from the beginning it's clear that's not what it sets out to do. Have you ever went on the Disneyland Pirates of the Carribean or Indiana Jones ride where you experience various visual and audio stimulus and it makes you feel as if you are passing through a movie? That's the best way I can describe Metro, though you feel like you’re actually in a movie navigating the gorgeously grim cinematography, fighting monsters and humans alike, strolling through vibrant pockets of civilization this paired with some really cool mechanics like having to crank charge your flashlight after extended use, swap out a cracked gas mask, or occasionally wipe blood off it these all culminate into a very memorable experience that is a welcome breath of fresh air from the achievement-laden, progression-fueled games of today; Metro on the other hand, focuses its attention on storytelling through its gritty realism and quick-pacing. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I couldn’t help but love this game, I blasted through it in a bit over a day! Expand
  73. May 19, 2013
    This is game of the year. I just love this series. I have read the books i have played all games. And last light isn't a disappointment. It is better in every aspect.
  74. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  75. May 25, 2013
    It would have been a shame if this game doesn't come out. When i played i really felt that im part of the story, and its atmosphere just made my mouth remain-open. The graphics are super cool, but its not the effects but the drawings of the cities which pulled this game to the highest level and made it a masterpiece.
  76. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is an utter masterpiece. I really loved the first game, despite it's number of flaws; but 4A Games has really outdone themselves with this. The environment and world design is fantastic and it feels very immersive. Sound is top notch and the graphics are amazing and thanks to the updated with the 4A Engine, it runs a lot better than it did in Metro 2033. I was managing Ultra without AA on a GTX 560. Gameplay is solid and tight and again an improvement over its predecessor. 10/10 without a doubt. Expand
  77. May 20, 2013
    Story, atmosphere, graphics, details, characters, sound design everything is just purely amazing and very well done. The graphics and sounds really make you immerse in the game. One of the best single-player games i have ever played in my life. Metro Last light is a must buy!
  78. May 15, 2013
    rail-shooter, but due to the story (which is the best in this game) understandably so.
    what I find funny is this: many people give this game a low rating, BECAUSE there are NO open-world elements at_all, but... said people gave Bioshock Infinite high ratings and praised it although that game is as_much a shooter on rails, as is this one!

the game is mediocre at best and it is
    saddening because it could havbe been a great linear shooter, if it weren't for all those bugs, the bad AI and too many little things.

I really loved the first Metro 2033 this one just isn't as good... or I am not as forgiving as I have been before.
  79. Jun 21, 2013
    i just want like to say that it is game of the year.and best game in the world i ever played.........................................................
  80. Aug 20, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a good game; Metro: Last Light is better.
    The visuals are outstanding, even on low the game still looks great and better than most other games.
    The plot is good but you maybe won´t understand everything if you haven´t played Metro 2033 or read the books.
    Fighting in the game feels great, even if the stealth part feels a bit silly.
    Many levels are designed open and you
    can choose different ways to proceed and there are more variations of different and unique weapons than in Metro 2033.
    There are some survival aspects in the game, you still have to search the areas in the game for bullets, weapons and filters for your gas mask. Surviving the world of Metro: Last Light on higher difficulties like the Ranger Mode won´t be an easy task.
    The world the game presents you is full of stunning environments and creates a depressing atmosphere which can not be described easily.
    To keep it short: This is not a game. This is a experience.
    And everyone should have experienced it!
  81. May 16, 2013
    Love it. The Metro Last light is a great game on every aspect. Most thrilling for me is the story. The game, unlike many shooters encourages people to act good as your constantly been judged by higher entity. Flashes occure when you listen peoples concerns, play music to communicate with god and spare lives no matter how flawed they are. Metro is unique first person shooter where on a surface it`s like a b-movie script where you kill the nazis and save the babes, but exploring more the symbolism and the lore of this universe you find that acting selfless and sparing lives of those who are flawed or different is the only way to be enlightened and redeemed in gods mind. The title just hits the spot "Last light". Few of good games. Expand
  82. Mar 1, 2014
    A great, highly polished FPS. Beautiful graphics and amazing game play/story. A must have for FPS fans, you will not regret it. You can pick it up on sale at the Humble Bundle Store, so get it cheap while you can!
  83. May 18, 2013
    Excellent Combat Excellent Environment Excellent Story This game wasn't made by some rich American corporation but a smaller Ukrainian one, and for the resources they had, they made a game that surpasses games with budgets 10X larger.
  84. May 14, 2013
    Playing it in every possible way myself, watching it being played by others on youtube, reading news, reviews and comments and still want more of it. 10 10 10
  85. May 14, 2013
    Ok, so here's how you play it. Have a good rest, eat well, buy the game and shut yourself in a dark room with your gaming rig and some extra food. You can easily lose yourself there playing Metro, and you might as well lose your friends and relatives for that period of time... And thats okay it is the experience we've been waiting for since 2033 and the sequel is definitely worth it.
  86. May 14, 2013
    Awesome game
    I like customization option.
    Interesting story.
    Love stealth mode.
    I like Drak Ones and Artyom's ability.
    I hope will be an sequel,this story deserve this.
  87. May 14, 2013
    Atmospheric, personal, and vastly superior to its predecessor. Last Light is everything I could've hoped for. The new companion characters have real personalities, and are strong in a fight. Everything seems more polished and interesting, and the storyline really drives you to play through the whole game.
  88. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  89. May 14, 2013
    deep dive into USSR world. Cool story, nice graphic, awesome actor voice(english with russian accent), atmosphere. Allot unexpected moments, different locations, cut scenes and characters.
    One word: Must have!
  90. May 14, 2013
    It's really the best-looking game I've ever seen! It has everything that is needed to linear shooter atmosphere, story, gunfight or stealthy gameplay, awesome graphics... All you need is just sit back and let this game dip you in its world and you will have the most entertaining, creepy and honestly post-apocalyptic journey you can ever find
  91. May 18, 2013
    Fantastic game from the beginning till the end. I loved metro 2033 and sequel didn't dissapoint. Some of the details and graphics I've seen. Story is very unique and unlike anything I've seen in other games.

Thank you developers for making such a great game I would recommend this to anyone.
  92. May 17, 2013
    This is one of those games that is full immersion. Turn the lights off, and turn the sound up, and it is truly an experience. You can hear far-off noises that add to the game. The controls are very much improved from Metro 2033, and is more like Call of duty controls with spin wheels to select things. A fantastic game in my opinion.
  93. May 18, 2013
    Started the campaign at 7:30 PM ET and completed it at 4:30 AM ET...truly an experience i wont forget. I was immersed throughout the whole game and was lost from the moment i set foot in The Metro.
  94. May 18, 2013
    After playing Metro 2033 time and time again, and loving it more each time through, this game had a lot to live up to in my eyes. Upon purchasing the game, my excitement was almost palpable. From the intro video, all the way to the last dramatic scene, I was 100% captivated. This game is one of the most impressive games I've played. The ambiance is both creepy, and incredibly beautiful at the same time. This game was so well written, the emotion within the game was incredible. Scene to scene, you learned hate, love, fear, and survival. I can go on forever about this game, I bought it, beat it, and I am already about to play it again as soon as I'm done here. The weapons are fun as hell, many more weapons wait for you within the Metro now. New enemies, smarter AI, and a stealth system that actually works (unlike Metro 2033 which could've used a bit more work). I've been raving about this game since I bought it, and I even went as far as to write this review, urging you all to get it. It will not disappoint! Expand
  95. May 18, 2013
    Another masterpiece has joined the ranks of fps games.
    Every moment in the eerrie metro is suspensful as it could be your last. But you tak a moment to look at the stunning and atmospheric scenery. But the peace is ended when a set of bone chilling sounds are set by a pack of mutants coming to slay you. This is just an example of the tense moments the game constantly offers. And not only
    that, the gameplay is amazingly paced and that you are constantly put into different experiences and enviornments. One momment you are fighting a horde of monsters waiting to get on a boat, and the next you are desparetly trying to keep shrimp creaturs off your boat. This game just takes everything about the first one (personaly an 8) and optimizes it to near perfection. The AI is vastly improved from the fiirst and stealth is now a realistic possibility. The plot is also unnpredicable and suspensful. The only real problem with this game is that it ends There are also a couple bugs and I crashed a couple times. Other than that the game is amazing. The addition of boss fights also help, but it feels a bit annoying that it takes 100s of bullts to take down a big beast. And the ending is intense and brings a satisfying conclusion. If you want the basics...

pros:
    Great story
    Atomsphere
    AMAZING graphics
    good AI
    great pacing
    boss fights this is kinda in the middle)
    suspense

cons
    a few bugs
    It Ends
  96. May 20, 2013
    Amazing game
    Amazing graphics
    Amazing story
    Amazing game play
    Amazing
  97. May 18, 2013
    Created an account JUST for this critic! This game is great in all ways! GREAT Graphics, not too heavy on your PC (used Geforce 660ti and it worked perfectly!), GREAT music, GREAT gameplay, GREAT action scenes, Great Story, Great sequel for first game, they are nicely connected!! You feel really merged with the game and main character.... like you're the one using the mask! The rain,mud and blood effects, with you needing to clean it.... The darkness where you try to hide from monsters or be stealth against human enemies.... (JUST CLOSE YOURSELF IN A DARK ROOM AND PLAY IT, its gonna be an unforgettable experience hahaha)!! The paths you have to choose between good and evil is really nice, YOU make your character by YOUR consciousness!! Maintaining those hidden "flashes" from the first game that helps you getting an alternate ending kept me playing a little more Not knowing witch weapon to take, witch one will be more effective..... not knowing if its better to spend your hard earned "money" on new ones and getting upgrades or saving for later....
    Started playing it when it launched on Steam on Friday.... didnt feel Sunday coming O_O........ This game is a MUST BUY!
  98. May 19, 2013
    Metro last light was amazing. The game is beautiful as well as the action packed cut scenes. I hate seeing people hate on this game. I honestly don't understand all the negatives. I think there're just disappointed their rigs cant handle this game. Stupid nubs
  99. May 20, 2013
    It is 3 AM right now and I'm still awake writing this because I simply cannot sleep after Metro Last Light. Not because it may give me nightmares, but because I feel restless after completing such an amazing journey. My mind is racing, trying to comprehend how a game can be this good. I'm absolutely blown away by every aspect of Metro Last Light. It is more than just a PC game, it is a work of art and a piece of humanity, no less. I loved Metro 2033, I was really looking forward to this game, and more of the same would be perfectly fine by me. However, everything got turned up to 11 in Last Light from 2033. With great polish and presentation it is such a better game than 2033. The world is completely realized with much attention to detail, it is easy to get lost in it for hours. Every corner of the world, every character feel so alive, almost like there is a soul behind it all. The story is excellent, the touch of Dmitry Glukhovsky is clear. It always keeps you curious about what is next. Where does this lead and how will it unfold, I just could not get enough of it. The brute reality of war and the paranormal subconscious of Metro are fused together. Many characters are introduced and very well developed. I enjoyed to learn more about Artyom and understand him. Khan is at his best. There is so little time for Artyom and Anna together, but the attachment created is so strong. I only wish we could find out more about Ulman and Miller. The gameplay is smooth and satisfying. No matter if you want to clear your way with lead or stay in shadows. The introduced take-downs are varied enough and are effective. The pacing is unpredictable to say the least, but somehow it fits perfectly. The game is about 15 hours, depending on how you play. It feels complete, but I wish it would go on for more. The weapons feel much better and there is more than before. New guns are great and fit in the world of Metro. The customization is just right as well, and guns behavior does depend heavily on how you set them up. Throwing knifes are much easier to use now, but I did not mind them in 2033 either. I personally welcome the limit on number of guns you can take with now. Human AI is not bad at all. I just wish they would actually search the area instead of standing in one spot and wondering if they seen anything. Monster/Mutant AI is excellent however. Here and there it even seems like tactics are involved. Fighting for survival gets extremely tense and I love it. Last, but not the least are the graphics and art style. I have never seen a game so beautiful. Its hard to not just stop and stare, simply amazing! The immersion is endless. I ended up with 380+ screenshots by end of the game. The lighting, texture, character models, animations, etc. Everything is top notch quality. The optimization though is not really there. However, the game runs smooth maxed on two 7870s LE with the latest patch. 30-80 FPS, quite a variance indeed. As far is art style goes, the whole game is a masterpiece. Whichever way you look, its like you are in art gallery. To sum it up, Metro Last Light is a superb shooter, stealth, adventure or simply, it is orgasmic. I always ask myself a question about every great FPS since 2005: Is this game better than Half Life 2? By the end of Metro Last Light I could surely say for the first time ever, YES! Bioshock Infinite came so close, but Metro has done it for me, finally. I applaud and bow to 4A, Dmitry Glukhovsky and Deep Silver. Buy this game, you will never regret it Expand
  100. May 20, 2013
    The attention to detail in this game is breath taking, at some points in the game I found myself just looking around the metros just taking all the atmosphere in and emerging myself into this games world
    The graphics are some of the best I have ever seen In any game and the game play is Much in proved
    over the previous game
    I think metro last light will be one of the best games of 2013

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013